Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #451
Danny
Head Coach

I'll most likely be voting ntn tomorrow.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #452
Danny
Head Coach

He would have been a very easy candidate for the wolves to help get lynched and still he got no votes after I voted him ( not counting THomkal's late vote which had no impact)
Old 02-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #453
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

well this blows. nothing close to a wolf and sweden lost a player. totally sucks, oh well. not a good start at all these 2 days

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #454
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

[quote=EagleFan;2230836[COLOR=red]J23 was caught with a midget hooker, 2 pounds of peanut butter, a goat and cuban cigars [/color]quote]

yeah Darth Vilus gets all the swedish chicks, that's why J needed a hooker. And given that he is dead and PB screwed Lathum I am assuming the position of Captaion of Team Sweden. Something I should've done in the beginning!

jk PB

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-25-2010, 12:34 AM   #455
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Day 2

ntndeacon 4 - Autumn (272), MartinD (314), Danny (319), Thomkal
Poli 2 - Lathum (278), KWhit (296)
CrimsonFox 1 - Darth Vilus (286)
Autumn 5 - Passacaglia (287), ntndeacon (337), PurdueBrad (354), Telle (357), Poli (362)
Darth Vilus 1 - CrimsonFox (305)

I know I'm villager and I have to assume that there's at least one wolf on me here. Knowing that PB is good I have four targets there, two of which I've already voted for once. I think it's possible one of ntn or Poli was a wolf given that I got four of the last five votes after those two were tied for the lead and I had only one vote.

given that Russia voted in a block I don't think you can blame your votes on wolves in general. I am not saying that all of my team are villagers. I don't know that. But I do know. that voting together was discussed amongst us.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:55 AM   #456
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Meant to say this earlier: happy birthday pass!!

Thanks! I'm not exactly thrilled with the way some of you all chose to celebrate my birthday, though! I'll have more on that when I get to work.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:39 AM   #457
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

The unknown wolf advantage here concerns me. Let me ask a question of you guys. You KNOW that I'm good at this point, is there any value in every team, at this point, agreeing to throw the match so that Sweden, DV and I, win it? And by throw it, I mean you guys put no points on it but we would. This allows the other teams to conserve points and keeps the unknown advantage from the wolves. Unless the wolves go for it anyway and then we have a great place to start picking from.

This only works if I can also convince DV to let me have the advantage if we win but we actually could keep this one away from the wolves I would think.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #458
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
The unknown wolf advantage here concerns me. Let me ask a question of you guys. You KNOW that I'm good at this point, is there any value in every team, at this point, agreeing to throw the match so that Sweden, DV and I, win it? And by throw it, I mean you guys put no points on it but we would. This allows the other teams to conserve points and keeps the unknown advantage from the wolves. Unless the wolves go for it anyway and then we have a great place to start picking from.

This only works if I can also convince DV to let me have the advantage if we win but we actually could keep this one away from the wolves I would think.

It looks like EF hasn't updated the first page. I'd be interested in knowing what the bonus is for winning before chiming in on that.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #459
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Day Three Event

Curling - Your team will compete as a team and win (or lose) as a team. Requires Strength and Precision. Team event.

Win Bonus - 25% chance of a blocked attack. The wolf advantage is unknown, but does exist.

Oh here it is. I'm not sure, actually. It might be better to hope we can save the seer.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #460
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Lathum -- I like your idea, but I think we should make sure Danny is on board, to stay coordinated. And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
What is this referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am assuming he means our plan. For using our points today that we discussed via pm.

Here's a little exchange from this morning. Maybe I was too vague, since I was discussing Team USA stuff in the thread, but I was hoping that since Lathum was going to use his judge role, which would help out Team USA, and get us a cleared villager (thanks for all your help in that PB!!!), that Danny wasn't going to waste his energy here. Team USA had discussed this. I thought that our strategy was to go for the Golds, so that we could get some of the bonuses you get for winning -- Silver and Bronze are nice adds to our point total, but it seems like a waste of energy for Danny to have gone all out when he knew he had no chance of winning.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:23 AM   #461
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Danny, why put 10 on it if you knew Lathum was rigging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Because I wanted silver and to use my points while I could. I usually don't live very long and knew the wolves might have already tried.

Here was Danny's explanation as to why he used his energy now -- this matches what he said in Team USA talk, but it was done after I left for the day and could recommend against it (again). He's mentioned that he doesn't live very long in several PMs to Team USA. FWIW, he also said that about Lathum as well, but the way he said it definitely pinged me. And FTR, both of the bonuses we've won have gone to him.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #462
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
What? you suspect Pass?

Quote:
I do not suspect him at all at this point, I actually lean towards him being good, but I certainly don't know for sure.

Quote:
And FWIW, a wolf would have known that by killing me today, it would have taken out both Lathum and I. So I think that actually adds some trust to Pass.

This is the stuff that gives me the real heebie-jeebies. I was really getting a vibe here that Danny was trying to show that the stuff he's saying applies to him. Like he said, everyone in Team USA was aware of the rules -- he mentioned the rule in a PM. It just struck me as a move to buy trust -- which would have worked beautifully if Lathum were still alive as a cleared villager.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #463
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So I'm going to put in a vote for Danny. Looking at the vote count, I'm also curious about ntn as well, but my guess is some other people are going to head that way already.

VOTE DANNY
Old 02-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #464
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Pass, this is what I wanted to do today, yesterday sounds really strange:

vote Danny
Old 02-25-2010, 08:44 AM   #465
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Pass' post 461 is something I was going to post myself today (minus the Team USA talk 'cause I'm obviously not part of that team). I was coin-toss between Danny and Lathum anyway for my duking, screwed the pooch there, but Danny's answer about going all out is just odd and I don't understand wasting all your points to get a silver when you know it is already rigged. My belief is that Danny is a wolf that wanted to keep the scan away from the village.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #466
Thomkal
Head Coach

I believe I am going to go today with ntndeacon. Something beyond team loyalty was definitely going on with the late move that nearly took out my teammate Autumn (thanks for saving him by the way PB ), and I think it was done to protect him from the lynch.

vote ntndeacon
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #467
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I believe I am going to go today with ntndeacon. Something beyond team loyalty was definitely going on with the late move that nearly took out my teammate Autumn (thanks for saving him by the way PB ), and I think it was done to protect him from the lynch.

vote ntndeacon

Yeah, PB is an idiot, especially if Autumn ends up being a wolf but that's okay (at least I took out the guy that ended up screwing me over! )
Old 02-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #468
Autumn
Head Coach

If I was a wolf, that would be funny, given that I duked last game to save you as a wolf PB. But I'm not so it wasn't that bad a blunder. But still, losing a soon to be trusted player was bad.

Knowing that Team Russia was voting as a bloc makes me rethink my analysis a little. I was going to go for NTN, but I guess I'll have to look again.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #469
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Russia, out of curiousity, who put forth the idea of voting as a block?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:48 AM   #470
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Well unfortunately EagleFan set a rule that we're not allowed to discuss the contents of PMs.. which this would fall under.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:52 AM   #471
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

That's a good question. I think Team USA got some heat for spreading out their votes, but we didn't discuss voting much at all. There were a couple comments, but nothing conspiratorial as suggested.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #472
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Well unfortunately EagleFan set a rule that we're not allowed to discuss the contents of PMs.. which this would fall under.

Really? I didn't see that part, and reading it now, I assume he must have meant PMs from him, not that we can't discuss PMs from our teammates...right?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:55 AM   #473
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Really? I didn't see that part, and reading it now, I assume he must have meant PMs from him, not that we can't discuss PMs from our teammates...right?

Actually I think his example shows that he meant PMs between teammates.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #474
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Cuz we've talked a lot about what's been going on in the Team USA PMs...Lathum being the judge, my talking about Danny, etc. Sorry if we messed things up!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #475
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
we didn't discuss voting much at all. There were a couple comments, but nothing conspiratorial as suggested.

That's what I'm thinking. Sweden didn't discuss voting at all either, so I'm curious about that. After today, I start taking a look at Russia very closely.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #476
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah, but that's more of a mistake thing. Anyway, EF, let us know if we've been over the line.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #477
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I read the rule as PMs from the GM and erroneous PMs but maybe it is an all-out embargo.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #478
Telle
College Starter

Well if EF comes back and says we can discuss it, then I'd be happy to. I just don't want to go breaking the rules.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #479
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well if EF comes back and says we can discuss it, then I'd be happy to. I just don't want to go breaking the rules.

I hear ya, that's cool.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #480
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I apologize for bringing things from pms up too. I understood it differently as well. I won't say anymore about our discussion until we get the ok from the Head man. .....Ie the one who lets in Cheating Judges . . . LOL
Old 02-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #481
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess looking at it through the team lens, the vote movement makes more sense yesterday. NTN and Poli being the targets, the sudden movement to me makes sense, given that it was almost entirely by their team.

In which case I don't have a lot to go by right now. I'm looking now at Darth and CF who just voted each other, wasted votes on Day 2. CF also voted Darth day one, I don't recall why. I guess I'm likely to go to one of them.

I will be gone the afternoon and will check back in later to see where voting is heading.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #482
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am tending to give Autumn the benefit ofthe doubt a bit more now after that vote. My initial idea is that we were villager vs villager. And so the wolves felt that they did not have to clump to save anyone.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #483
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Gonna throw my vote out in a bit, not sure if i'll be back before deadline

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #484
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
So I'm going to put in a vote for Danny. Looking at the vote count, I'm also curious about ntn as well, but my guess is some other people are going to head that way already.

VOTE DANNY

Interesting Pass, you do realize Lathum was the one who recommended that I use my points first right?

And yes I have mentioned my tendency not to live that long, which is true. Kind of interesting how all we talked about in PM's is not voting for each other unless we sure we had a wolf and yet you are now doing so on a hunch.

Oh and about me receiving the bonuses, neither of those were my decision, I left it up to Lathum both times to do whatever he wanted.

You can say my information is pinging you, but it is 100% consistent with everything that Lathum you and I have talked about. You on the other hand are not being consistent.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #485
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
This is the stuff that gives me the real heebie-jeebies. I was really getting a vibe here that Danny was trying to show that the stuff he's saying applies to him. Like he said, everyone in Team USA was aware of the rules -- he mentioned the rule in a PM. It just struck me as a move to buy trust -- which would have worked beautifully if Lathum were still alive as a cleared villager.

Yeah, when Lathum decided he was going to fix the event, I mentioned the rule again since it was pretty important for what he had planned.

Also, pretty interesting that you voted for me pretty quickly without even trying to discuss anything via PM. I was trying to lay out our strategy for the day, but you have just ignored that.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #486
Danny
Head Coach

I actually believe that if Pass was a wolf that this play would not be smart as I he would know I was a villager and trust for him and I don't think he would jeopardize that to try and get a lynch going on me. I'm pretty sure he is just a misguided villager with his vote.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #487
Danny
Head Coach

One last thing Pass since you don't seem to actually want to talk in PM.

Yes, I was trying to twist the way I said things into building trust for myself AND YOU with revealing the information I did. Since after all, the Olympics are half of the game and we are teammates. Using some true information to try and get both of us some trust seemed like a good idea after we took an early lead in the Olympics portion and likely might have received votes just for that reason.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #488
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Pass' post 461 is something I was going to post myself today (minus the Team USA talk 'cause I'm obviously not part of that team). I was coin-toss between Danny and Lathum anyway for my duking, screwed the pooch there, but Danny's answer about going all out is just odd and I don't understand wasting all your points to get a silver when you know it is already rigged. My belief is that Danny is a wolf that wanted to keep the scan away from the village.

Your reads this game are not good. I believe it was possible I was the night kill target day 1, which is not unreasonable since that was one of only two possibilities. If I was already targeted once, it didn't seem like much of a reach to be targeted again soon. I used my points while I could and where I felt I had a good chance to grab silver and get 3 points. I probably should have saved it for the team event since I only got bronze, but I don't know which order things go in and may not have lived to another event I could be successful at.

And your logic about keeping "a scan away from the village". That makes no sense at all. If I knew it was being rigged, why would I go for the silver, it changed nothing regarding the scan. It would have made more sense to go for the gold later and get an additional bonus that "i could keep away from the villagers"
Old 02-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #489
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

alright, i'm kinda at a loss here as to who to vote here. nothinh really jumps out at me but we'll see what happens.

Vote Ntndeacon

They're as good a vote as any of the other players on my radar

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #490
KWhit
Coordinator

It looks like (so far at least) this is going to be a Danny vs. ntndeacon day. Of the two, only Danny has struck me as possibly wolfish, mainly for the reasons that Pass and PB have brought up.

VOTE DANNY
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #491
Telle
College Starter

Well if it's down to the two of them then I'm going to go with Danny because I'd prefer to keep my teammate around unless there's actual evidence of him being a wolf.

vote Danny
Old 02-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #492
Danny
Head Coach

Well, looks like I should be glad I used my points after all
Old 02-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #493
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I read the rule as PMs from the GM and erroneous PMs but maybe it is an all-out embargo.

Discussion is okay for your PM's from the team. The rule is there for if a wolf were to make an accidental PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #494
Danny
Head Coach

Based on what I am seeing I think Ntn is a wolf. Yesterday and now today there definitely seems to be a charge for other candidates when ntn gets some pressure. That said, maybe he is not and the wolves simply wanted to make sure we had another villager/villager run off. I'd bet at least two wolves have voted already though.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:16 PM   #495
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Trying to catch up with the thread and PM's.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:20 PM   #496
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 495:

Danny 4 - Passacaglia (463), PuyrdueBrad (464), KWhit (490), Telle (491)
ntndeacon 2 - Thomkal (466), Darth Vilus (489)
Old 02-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #497
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I guess looking at it through the team lens, the vote movement makes more sense yesterday. NTN and Poli being the targets, the sudden movement to me makes sense, given that it was almost entirely by their team.

In which case I don't have a lot to go by right now. I'm looking now at Darth and CF who just voted each other, wasted votes on Day 2. CF also voted Darth day one, I don't recall why. I guess I'm likely to go to one of them.

I will be gone the afternoon and will check back in later to see where voting is heading.

I voted for Darth on day one as a last ditch effort to save my teammate Schmidty. Day two I voted for DV somewhat early and left it there. There was no way I was going to be the deciding vote in a lynch and attract the mob stupid vote screaming at me about "You made the deciding vote. you must be a wolf". Like Poli I'm tired of all the illogical voting.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #498
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I've suspected a wolf on USA early on, of course maybe it's just the classic bullying USA mentality. Coin flip which it is. FOr now I'll set my vote here and watch for vote swaps later.

VOTE DANNY
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #499
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
One last thing Pass since you don't seem to actually want to talk in PM.

Yes, I was trying to twist the way I said things into building trust for myself AND YOU with revealing the information I did. Since after all, the Olympics are half of the game and we are teammates. Using some true information to try and get both of us some trust seemed like a good idea after we took an early lead in the Olympics portion and likely might have received votes just for that reason.

I'm actually fine talking in PM if you want. However, you've used two of your three PMs, so there's not a whole lot of discussion we can have as a result. Also, I'm not sure what really could have been said about it -- if I had laid out this stuff in a PM, would things have really been any different?
Old 02-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #500
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Discussion is okay for your PM's from the team. The rule is there for if a wolf were to make an accidental PM.

Well in that case, it was Poli that first suggested that Team Russia vote in a block. I'd assume this was because he was getting some heat at that point and the three of us working together would be able to sway the voting elsewhere.