Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #101
hoopsguy
General Manager

In all seriousness, I'll wait to hear who I'm being paired with and then work on coordinating our PMs. I've put my high-level plan above but I want to make sure our instructions are in lockstep with each others. We saw that the extra attention to detail made its way into the descriptions during the challenge yesterday.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #102
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah we're kinda helpless till Darth, Brad and EF chime in more or at all here. If they don't check in, we're either going to have to sub Chesapeake in or pick our partners without really knowing what they can do and submit a very detailed PM to Autumn explaining what we hope our partner will do.

I'm off to lunch, be back before the challenge.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #103
Autumn
Head Coach

Guys, there will only be 1 round, with each pair going once. Obviously posting at 1 in the morning isn't good for my brain, as I thought I'd need a tiebreaker, yet there are 3 pairs. So you can ignore that part.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #104
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
here are my stats for the skills that I believe would be required for the next challenge. I don't really think this is my best chance to shine so I will volunteer to sit out unless someone else has weaker stats then me.

Find-avg
Running-avg
Scrappy-good (maybe this will be useful?)
Stamina -avg
Strength-poor
Teamwork-excellent

At least Darth has given us some indication of what he can add. He and I are pretty similar, but I don't have the good in scrappy and he is a little better at teamwork.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #105
hoopsguy
General Manager

ches, or anyone else who wants to take the lead on some of these decisions ... think it is time for us to announce pairs and start crafting PM language in the thread?

I think we've only got another 20 minutes or so with chesapeake, so want to take advantage of this while he is still here.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #106
Thomkal
Head Coach

back from lunch and will be checking in periodically
Old 06-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #107
chesapeake
College Starter

EF is a Marine. I've got to think that he has something of value to contribute here.

Darth and I are clearly the weak links, but I would say I am slightly weaker than he is here. Whichever of us sits out should tell Autumn that we are using our teamwork skill to help coach. It can't hurt.

My gut says to pair Hoops and heybrad. I think he'll be able to find stuff. Set heybrad to look and Hoops to make sure the other guys don't find anything or get away with it. When the bag comes up, Hoops needs to get it and run for the hills.

Thomkal's suggestion to set hoops between the wolves and their finish line is a good one. You have the speed and strength to prevent them from escaping with the bag.

IF we get the first bag, I would send out Maple Leafs and Darth/me. Darth/me looks for the bag, Maple Leafs tries to prevent the others from scoring.

The final team is Thom and EF. Thom is the bruiser here, most likely. The two of them can figure out which of them is the runner.

Last thought: each team needs a code word to say conversationally if they find the bag -- before digging it out -- to let their partner know it is go time. A little time to set up evacuation could be critical.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #108
heybrad
Norm!!!

Sorry... it's been a busy morning.

Here are my ratings in the skills we seem to need for this challenge.

Find-Average
Running-Poor
Scrappy-Good
Stamina -Average
Strength-Average
Teamwork-Excellent
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #109
chesapeake
College Starter

If I am put on a team, I would propose that the code word be COCONUT. It seems an innoucuous enough word to use on a beach.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #110
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Sorry... it's been a busy morning.

Here are my ratings in the skills we seem to need for this challenge.

Find-Average
Running-Poor
Scrappy-Good
Stamina -Average
Strength-Average
Teamwork-Excellent

Hoops, as we have seen, is weak in teamwork. You may offset that. Your scrappiness may also be able to help you run interference as he makes a run for it.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #111
Thomkal
Head Coach

man we're clearly not the find anything team lol.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:30 PM   #112
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Darth/Chesapeake, are either of you especially good at puzzles?

Since I'm assuming we won't be able to sit people out twice in a row, it may make sense to sit out somebody who had a chance of being really good at the next challenge.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #113
heybrad
Norm!!!

So am I understanding correctly that I should be pairing with Hoopsguy and my instruction is that I'll be running straight to the search grid, search until I find the bag and then hand it over to Hoopsguy to run it back. I'm assuming I should also say in my PM that once I hand it off I go ape shit on the other team.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #114
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Everyone who is a "searcher" should make clear that they're going to keep on eye on the other team's diggers.

Finding the bag yourself is nice but not crucial. But letting the other team get away with it can be game over.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #115
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
So am I understanding correctly that I should be pairing with Hoopsguy and my instruction is that I'll be running straight to the search grid, search until I find the bag and then hand it over to Hoopsguy to run it back. I'm assuming I should also say in my PM that once I hand it off I go ape shit on the other team.

That's the jist of Brad, check Hoops post on the previous stage where he lays out his strategy. Each team member has to send in their own PM so we want them to resemble the same actions for each.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #116
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Surprisingly I am an engineer who only average at puzzles (I guess I'm a lousy engineer). I do have good strength though so rowing the boat would probably be my best bet.

I am excellent in the category of scrappy (just not sure if that helps us with anything in this one).

This post from EagleFan gives us some help on what he can do for us in this challenge if he doesn't show up soon.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #117
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

EagleFan sounds like he'd be a better option as "strong guy #3" than I would. I'm only average scrappy.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #118
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heybrad, lets nail this down now. My suggestions:

Heybrad:
1. (movement stage) Run to grid
2. (search stage)
2a. Dig
2b. Be mindful of opponents, want to be alert if they come up with bag
3. (bag stage)
3a. If finding bad then give it to me
3b. If they find bag then slow them up so Hoopsguy can hit them like a mack truck
4. (race stage)
4a. Show feisty old man strength slowing down potential pursuers as Hoopsguy races to camp
4b. Show feisty old man strength dragging down fleeing werewolf team if they are racing to camp
4c. If unable to catch fleeing werewolf team then complain about various ailments and how kids were on your lawn

Hoopsguy
2 (search stage).
2a. Knock their non-digger onto his ass.
2b. If both digging, beat up the strong guy so only one can dig at a time.
2c. If/when I finish off first guy, move onto second guy
2d. If I cold-cock both their people then help you search
3 (bag stage).
3a. If they find bag first, take it from them like a bully collecting lunch money
3b. If we find bag first take handoff from heybrad and race for glory
4 (race stage)
4a. Put Heisman on anyone who gets too close ... I'm not afraid of contact.
4b. If they are running away then close on them, knock them into next week, and take the bag back to our camp
Old 06-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #119
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think those directions will pretty much cover the different parts of this, but if people have feedback then chime in now.

I would like to send this in the next 20-30 minutes, if possible, to avoid any last-minute worries.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #120
Thomkal
Head Coach

lol at 4c for heybrad.

I think we can use those as blueprints for the remaining teams. Good job hoops
Old 06-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #121
Thomkal
Head Coach

make sure we put in the order we are going to fight along with the conditional order based on who wins match 1
Old 06-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #122
chesapeake
College Starter

I've got a little break here to check in. I still like the code word idea so that we are in the best position to make a break for it if we find the bag.

EF being strong and scrappy (semper fi!) should be strong guy #3. Maple, why don't you pair with Thomkal and the two of you can hash out your orders. Maple/Thom, I think, should be the last team to go if Hoops/heybrad win their round.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #123
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Heybrad, lets nail this down now. My suggestions:

Heybrad:
2. (search stage)
2a. Dig
3. (bag stage)
3a. If finding bad then give it to me
3b. If they find bag then slow them up so Hoopsguy can hit them like a mack truck
4. (race stage)
4a. Show feisty old man strength slowing down potential pursuers as Hoopsguy races to camp
4b. Show feisty old man strength dragging down fleeing werewolf team if they are racing to camp
4c. If unable to catch fleeing werewolf team then complain about various ailments and how kids were on your lawn

Hoopsguy
2 (search stage).
3 (bag stage).
3a. If they find bag first, take it from them like a bully collecting lunch money
3b. If we find bag first take handoff from heybrad and race for glory
4 (race stage)
4b. If they are running away then close on them, knock them into next week, and take the bag back to our camp

You are fast, hoops, but it is probably best to set up between them and their finish line. Make sure you have an angle to stop them. Your partner is slow, so he can't run anyone down from behind.

Thom/ML -- both of you have average speed, so keeping an angle on their escape will be especially important. I think Thom is the bag man on this side.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #124
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, updated to account for codeword as signal to break for it upon finding bag:

Heybrad:
2. (search stage)
2a. Dig
3. (bag stage)
3a. If finding bad shout codeword "Medicare!" to signal that you have the goods. We'll arrange a quick hand-off at this point
4. (race stage)

Hoopsguy
2 (search stage).
3 (bag stage).
3b. If we find bag then run to heybrad upon hearing codeword "Medicaid!" to take of bag from heybrad and race for glory
4 (race stage)
Old 06-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #125
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, updated to account for positioning while waiting for bag to be found:

Heybrad:
2. (search stage)
2a. Dig
3. (bag stage)
3a. If finding bad shout codeword "Medicare!" to signal that you have the goods. We'll arrange a quick hand-off at this point
4. (race stage)

Hoopsguy
2 (search stage).
2a. If possible, set position between werewolf team digging and werewolf team camp so they have to come through me to return to camp
2b. Knock their non-digger onto his ass.
2c. If both digging, beat up the strong guy so only one can dig at a time.
2d. If/when I finish off first guy, move onto second guy
2e. If I cold-cock both their people then help you search
3 (bag stage).
3b. If we find bag then run to heybrad upon hearing codeword "Medicaid!" to take of bag from heybrad and race for glory
4 (race stage)
Old 06-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #126
hoopsguy
General Manager

Appreciate the good suggestions, chesapeake. Hopefully this work now sets us up for victory later this afternoon.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #127
chesapeake
College Starter

You want to give yourself a more common codework, like OCEAN. The idea is that, when heybrad makes a comment about the OCEAN, you casually move over to him, not tipping the other team off that you have the bag.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #128
chesapeake
College Starter

dola

We don't want to let on that there is a code word at all, so each team can potentially have an advantage by using it.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #129
Thomkal
Head Coach

I will use VILLAGERS as the keyword for our team I think
Old 06-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #130
hoopsguy
General Manager

What, you think old people don't talk about Medicare/Medicaid all the time?

OK, changed to "Ocean" in next version.

Heybrad, can you confirm that these instructions (in following post) work for you?
Old 06-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #131
hoopsguy
General Manager

Updated for more common codeword:

OK, updated to account for positioning while waiting for bag to be found:

Heybrad:
2. (search stage)
2a. Dig
3. (bag stage)
3a. If finding bag casually drop the codeword "Ocean" to signal that you have the goods. We'll arrange a quick hand-off at this point
4. (race stage)

Hoopsguy
2 (search stage).
2a. If possible, set position between werewolf team digging and werewolf team camp so they have to come through me to return to camp
2b. Knock their non-digger onto his ass.
2c. If both digging, beat up the strong guy so only one can dig at a time.
2d. If/when I finish off first guy, move onto second guy
2e. If I cold-cock both their people then help you search
3 (bag stage).
3b. If we find bag then run to heybrad upon hearing codeword "Ocean" to take of bag from heybrad and race for glory
4 (race stage)
Old 06-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #132
Thomkal
Head Coach

actually now that I think about it, it does make sense to put Darth and EagleFan in Team two in case one or neither get their orders in. Leaving Maple and I as the third, unless Hoops and Brad lose match one, then we should go second I guess?
Old 06-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #133
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think we should just cut and paste our names/codewords in from Hoops lists for our teams. Maybe Chesapeake you can be the "coach" for the Darth/EF team since you are our tribe leader, and send in instructions for them? Better than not getting any orders in at all for them I guess.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #134
Thomkal
Head Coach

Maple, you would take the Brad list in our team if that's the way we go. Other than the old man complaining that is.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #135
heybrad
Norm!!!

Works for me. I've been waiting to bust out "GET OFF MY LAWN" for a while now.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #136
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Sounds good to me Thomkal.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #137
Thomkal
Head Coach

ah there's Darth, hurry up and catch up
Old 06-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #138
hoopsguy
General Manager

PM sent to Autumn.

Also, to the person who sent me a PM earlier that I have not responded to .... I'll catch up with you in next cycle but initial answer is "yes".
Old 06-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #139
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Ok i just got on, had a quick read through, everything sounds fine tome guys. Are we about ready for the final pairs?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #140
chesapeake
College Starter

I am here. My last meeting came early. I will be ready to partner with Darth if EF goes AWOL.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #141
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

ef hasn't shown up correct?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #142
Thomkal
Head Coach

correct
Old 06-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #143
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Darth/Chesapeake, are either of you especially good at puzzles?

Since I'm assuming we won't be able to sit people out twice in a row, it may make sense to sit out somebody who had a chance of being really good at the next challenge.

Don't know if this matters with Ef gone but I'm good at puzzles yeah

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #144
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

So It's

Team 1-Hoops/heybrad
Team 2- Darth/Chesapeake (Unless hoops comes in the next 20 min
Team 3- Thomkal/Maple Leafs?

What are the strategies we're looking at for teams 2 and 3?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #145
heybrad
Norm!!!

My PM is sent.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #146
Thomkal
Head Coach

Hoops and/or Brad make sure you say you are going first. Maple and I will go third, with a conditional to move to second if Hoops and Brad loses, Darth/Chesa should say they are going second with the conditional to move to third if Hoops and Brad loses.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #147
Thomkal
Head Coach

Darth, I think we are just going to cut and paste Hoops/Brad strategies from up unless you have a better suggestion for your team
Old 06-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #148
chesapeake
College Starter

If Darth and I are paired, I somehow am the 'muscle'. That won't work. I think our best shot is to search, try and find the bag ourselves, then for Darth to take the bag and run while I die blocking. How does this look?

Darth:
2. (search stage)
2a. Dig
3. (bag stage)
3a. If finding bag casually drop the codeword "Coconut" to signal that you have the goods.
3b. Wait to pull out bag long enough to give Chesapeake a chance to get into blocking position
3c. If Chesapeake finds the bag and I hear "Coconut," casually move close to where he was searching.
3d. If other team gets bag, do everything possible to stop the carrier and get the bag away from him.
4. (race stage)
4a. Get bag, run like hell to the finish line.

Chesapeake
2 (search stage).
2a. If possible, set position between werewolf team digging and Darth's spot.
2b. Search, and be mindful of the opponent's digging.

3 (bag stage).
3a. If they find bag first, try and stop the carrier and get the bag.
3b. If Darth says something about a 'coconut' casually move to a position directly between Darth and the biggest wolf.
3c. If I find the bag, make a casual comment about a 'coconut' to Darth. When he notes where I am digging, move away casually to a midpoint between the bag and the biggest wolf.

4 (race stage)
4a. Do everything I can to prevent the wolves from catching Darth. throw sand, kick groins. A scoutmaster's gotta do what a scoutmaster's gotta do.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #149
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

no that sounds fine to me, just wasn't sure if every team was doing the same strategy or if we had different ones for different teams

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #150
chesapeake
College Starter

Teamwork is what we both do well. Any thoughts on how to integrate that?