Old 02-21-2023, 01:57 PM   #2801
RainMaker
General Manager

Uvalde seems to be run by sociopaths.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 12:52 PM   #2802
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

6 dead, three of whom are children, in a elementary school shooting at a Christian academy in Nashville. Waiting for the right to claim it was antifa in three, two, one.....
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 12:54 PM   #2803
GrantDawg

There are reports that the shooter was female. That is a change.
Old 03-27-2023, 12:57 PM   #2804
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

After Sandy Hook, some people suggested that we have a conversation about how to reduce school shootings. Some GOPers complained that they enjoyed fishing and hunting so we couldn't have the conversation. So we all apologized to them for bringing the subject up.

And, a few years later, here we are.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 03-27-2023 at 12:58 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 12:59 PM   #2805
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

The Fox News nighttime lineup will just be “asking questions” about it possible being a drag Queen.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 01:02 PM   #2806
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
After Sandy Hook, some people suggested that we have a conversation about how to reduce school shootings. Some GOPers complained that they enjoyed fishing and hunting so we couldn't have the conversation. So we all apologized to them for bringing the subject up.

And, a few years later, here we are.
That is not really the case. Since Sandy Hook there has been a major LOOSENING of gun laws across the country. It is many times easier to get a gun now than then, and in several states you no longer need a permit to carry a gun, and police have had their hands tied to investigate why someone is carrying a gun. The GOP actually said "more please."
Old 03-27-2023, 01:07 PM   #2807
GrantDawg

Reading the "Christian" side of twitter, it has been suggested that the shooter was a transgendered Jewish female that was mad she couldn't play sports. No antifa yet, but worse I guess.
Old 03-27-2023, 01:24 PM   #2808
GrantDawg

After early reports that it was a teenager, they are now saying it was a 28 year old.
Old 03-27-2023, 01:25 PM   #2809
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Is she hot?

ETA:

Upon further thought I'm guessing the shooter is quite cold be now.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 03-27-2023 at 01:40 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 01:30 PM   #2810
GrantDawg

Old 03-27-2023, 01:39 PM   #2811
cuervo72
Head Coach

Along those same lines:

Old 03-27-2023, 01:49 PM   #2812
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

THINK HARDER
PRAY HARDER
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 01:49 PM   #2813
QuikSand
lolzcat

It sounds like, once again, the real problem is too many doors
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 01:50 PM   #2814
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Or not enough bullet proof backpacks.
Old 03-27-2023, 02:00 PM   #2815
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Reading the "Christian" side of twitter, it has been suggested that the shooter was a transgendered Jewish female that was mad she couldn't play sports. No antifa yet, but worse I guess.

We won't be getting the "we need to put God back in schools" defense on this one I imagine.
Old 03-27-2023, 02:04 PM   #2816
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It’s almost as if their favorite excuses of needing god back in schools and needing to arm teachers have inexplicably been debunked the last few shootings.
Old 03-27-2023, 02:11 PM   #2817
cuervo72
Head Coach

Republican minds at work:

Old 03-27-2023, 02:15 PM   #2818
RainMaker
General Manager

Most of these people kill themselves or are killed in the act. Tennessee is a death penalty state.
Old 03-27-2023, 02:22 PM   #2819
JPhillips
General Manager

We're really no different than the Aztecs. We demand regular sacrifices of children in order to appease the god of freedom.
Old 03-27-2023, 04:01 PM   #2820
GrantDawg

They have a rumored identy of the shooter, and if it is right, yeah. It is going to get ugly.
Old 03-27-2023, 04:09 PM   #2821
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They have a rumored identy of the shooter, and if it is right, yeah. It is going to get ugly.

Having now checked Twitter to find that rumor, if it's true this will become the fastest swept under the rug by media event in history.
Old 03-27-2023, 04:35 PM   #2822
GrantDawg

I very seriously doubt this is getting swept under the rug. This is going to be a huge ideological war for the next few months.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2023, 04:39 PM   #2823
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It's the perfect vehicle for the right to hold up and go "see, we told you" while being able to continue to ignore school shootings.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 04:42 PM   #2824
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I very seriously doubt this is getting swept under the rug. This is going to be a huge ideological war for the next few months.

I did say "media" (and I'm not including social media in that naming convention)
Old 03-27-2023, 04:44 PM   #2825
GrantDawg

Social media is what drives media these days. No one is going to be able to escape the hellscape that is about to go down.

Old 03-27-2023, 05:16 PM   #2826
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Someone wanna fill me in? Is she trans or something?
Old 03-27-2023, 05:27 PM   #2827
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Someone wanna fill me in? Is she trans or something?

That's some of the early (unconfirmed) reporting.

If there's a sock on Tucker Carlson's door, maybe they also converted to Islam or were at a BLM protest or something.

SI

Old 03-27-2023, 05:32 PM   #2828
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Lead news on national NBC news including specifically mentioning her being trans. Yep, definitely swept under the rug.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 05:50 PM   #2829
Edward64
Head Coach

The timelines in the below article seems contradictory (sure there'll be clarification coming). If it took 26 min to respond, that seems slow. But if it took 14 min to respond, that's probably as best as can be expected unless there was LEO on the premises already.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...icia-rcna76841
Quote:
Police said they first got calls about the shooter at 10:13 a.m. CT and Nashville firefighters first reported their personnel were responding to an “active aggressor” at 10:39 a.m. CT.

"The police department response was swift," police spokesperson Don Aaron told reporters.

"They heard shots coming from the second level. They immediately went to the gunfire. When the officers got to the second level, they saw a shooter, a female, who was firing. The officers engaged her. She was fatally shot by responding police officers."

Five police officers came upon the shooter, and two opened fire, Aaron said. The shooter entered the school through a "side entrance" on the first floor, he added.

"By 10:27 the shooter was deceased," Aaron said.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 08:11 PM   #2830
cuervo72
Head Coach

We watch all three major network newscasts and they mentioned it on all of them.
Old 03-27-2023, 09:05 PM   #2831
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I feel like the right wing's assumption that the shooter's gender and/or politics has any effect on the other side's stance on gun control, mental illness or gender issues pretty much speaks for itself.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:27 PM   #2832
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
The timelines in the below article seems contradictory (sure there'll be clarification coming). If it took 26 min to respond, that seems slow. But if it took 14 min to respond, that's probably as best as can be expected unless there was LEO on the premises already.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...icia-rcna76841

CNN reported below. So it was 14 min to respond and take out the shooter.

Quote:
Don Aaron, spokesperson for the Metro Nashville Police Department, said the first calls of an active shooting came in at around 10:15 a.m. local time. When officers arrived, they went through the first level of the building, he said. They then heard gunshots coming from the second level of the building, according to Aaron. He said that's where police confronted and killed the shooter at 10:27 a.m. local time.

I hope all LEOs now have learn from the Uvalde frak up.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:38 PM   #2833
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

and another one's gone another one gone another one bites the dust
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:39 PM   #2834
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

they put a transgender tag on her
Old 03-27-2023, 10:41 PM   #2835
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
We're really no different than the Aztecs. We demand regular sacrifices of children in order to appease the god of freedom.

this....this is such an amazing post
Old 03-27-2023, 10:42 PM   #2836
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I feel the most sorry for the substitute teacher somehow
Old 03-28-2023, 05:19 AM   #2837
miami_fan
Coordinator

I think I find myself closer to Jon's position in this case. I don't expect it to be totally swept under the rug or even report correctly. Is it really that significant that a person who identifies as a man shot up a school? Mass shootings seem to be one of the behavioral, cultural, or psychological trait typically associated with people who identify as men in this country.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 05:36 AM   #2838
GrantDawg

There is a bunch of strangeness to this story, and I don't think we have anything close to the full picture here. Not unusual this early after one of these, but it still is glaring. The clearest information I have found about the shooter is here: https://shatterzone.substack.com/p/t...oter-and-right
It seems the shooter just started transitioning in the last year and hadn't converted very much of their social media.

Old 03-28-2023, 06:41 AM   #2839
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I feel the most sorry for the substitute teacher somehow

I feel sorry for all 6 of them. But I'd say the 3 kids the most.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:02 AM   #2840
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I feel sorry for all 6 of them. But I'd say the 3 kids the most.

But the other five were going to be there regardless. For the sub it's like

Old 03-28-2023, 07:07 AM   #2841
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I think I find myself closer to Jon's position in this case. I don't expect it to be totally swept under the rug or even report correctly. Is it really that significant that a person who identifies as a man shot up a school? Mass shootings seem to be one of the behavioral, cultural, or psychological trait typically associated with people who identify as men in this country.

Of course it matters, to possible motive. It might not have anything to do with it, but it still has to be invedtigsted as a motive.

Jon's suggestion that because a transgender shot up a Christian school it's going to be swept under the rug (regardless of ultimate motive determination) has already been proven false.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-28-2023, 07:09 AM   #2842
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
But the other five were going to be there regardless. For the sub it's like

Yeah I can see that. Great philosophical question. I'm coming from "life not lived yet".
Old 03-28-2023, 07:20 AM   #2843
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

It sure as hell is going to be mentioned every time a state GOP wants to go persecute or restrict trans laws for the next few months or couple of years. "Remember Audrey Hale? These people are dangerous and we're doing this for our own safet... I mean, their own good (and to continue our scapegoating, but ramping it up to 11)."

SI

Old 03-28-2023, 07:23 AM   #2844
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This will 100% be used to further vilify the trans community and used as "proof" it is a mental illness.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:23 AM   #2845
GrantDawg

It is not completely out of left field that this was act of hate or anger. I don't think that should be downplayed or discounted. It should be full-throatily condemned by every LGBT+ group and ally alike if that is the case. No hedging or excusing. The real danger here is the far right using this as a vehicle to further attack an already severely marginalized group.

There also needs to be a clear message to many others in the trans community that attacks like this will only make things worse. I have seen violent sentiments posted by trans people online. Violence is only going to accelerate violence. There are way more violent and better armed bigots than there are trans people, and encouraging an "open season" on trans people is not going to end well.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:24 AM   #2846
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- saw the three kids were 9. My daughter is nine. That hits hard. I can not even imagine.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:27 AM   #2847
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Would anyone be surprised if it comes out this person was vilified by the church, denied access to medical care, etc...and they lashed out? Of course regardless the GOP will double down on their anti trans rhetoric instead of acknowledging this happened because of their stance, not in spite of it.

and yes, I realize I am making a lot of assumptions.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:34 AM   #2848
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 07:34 AM   #2849
Ksyrup

The closest the police chief came to discussing motive was when he said they were looking into the fact she went to this school years ago and the possibility of resentment. I don't know if he was just following a natural but potential motive, or they already knew enough to start going down that road. They were at the house and interviewed the father already, so some of what they learned may be in his comments.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:35 AM   #2850
Edward64
Head Coach

Just one more piece to the puzzle.

Teammate of The Covenant School shooter receives message beforehand
Quote:
At 9:57 a.m., a former middle school basketball teammate of Audrey Hale looked at her phone to find a message from The Covenant School shooter on Instagram.