Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Not sure how much they'd have to pay me, but $10 is definitely not enough

well my joke was they'd have to pay me a dollar to play it
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 02:51 PM   #7153
Thomkal
Head Coach

I get why people don't like it, but $10 is a good deal for it I think.
Old 10-11-2022, 02:57 PM   #7154
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I get why people don't like it, but $10 is a good deal for it I think.

It's a fantastic deal. Great game.

Haven't played it in a while but at level 300+. There's new content now but haven't had the urge.

I like the FO76 model. If it came out with everything it has today, most people would be happy. Biggest issue for me was not having NPCs at rollout. I like the "community" aspect and Bethesda has continued to support it well.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 02:10 PM   #7155
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I just did a thing. I-9 with a 3080 ti. I feel excited and a little sick.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
That's on hold for a moment. In other news, Cyberpower sucks balls.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 02:48 PM   #7156
Edward64
Head Coach

Sorry to hear. It's like having to wait for others to wake up before opening up Christmas presents.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:56 PM   #7157
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
That's on hold for a moment. In other news, Cyberpower sucks balls.

Something for you to consider, the 13th Gen Raptor Lake is just around the corner. They'll be released on Oct 20 which will likely mean bigger companies (e.g. like Dell/Alienware but don't know about Cyberpower) will have them ready for BF.

There'll always be something better so stick with Cyberpower if you got a great deal. The CPU performance increase won't matter as much as the GPU (and you've got a great one with the 3080ti). Desktop CPUs can pretty much run any regular software & games, its the GPU that's the limiting factor. But if you are having second thoughts, maybe hold out for another 40 days.

Intel 13th-Gen Raptor Lake Specs, Release Date, Benchmarks, and More | Tom's Hardware
Quote:
Intel's 13th-Gen Raptor Lake processors will bring more cores, more connectivity, a revamped core architecture, support for PCIe 5.0 SSDs, and even an officialy-verified 6.0 GHz peak boost clock to bear. Intel claims that Raptor Lake will have a 15% gain in single-threaded performance and a 41% gain in multi-threaded compared to Alder Lake, and an overall '40% performance scaling.' These chips will arrive on October 20 to square off with AMD's Zen 4 Ryzen 7000 processors, setting the stage for a fierce battle for desktop PC supremacy — particularly for the crown of the best CPU for gaming as the Intel vs AMD rivalry enters a new stage.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-13-2022 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-13-2022, 10:04 PM   #7158
Edward64
Head Coach

Bought Wartales on sale, it's gotten great reviews. Really waiting for Midnight Suns. Played it some and experience the combat. Unsure if it'll have enough RPG elements to hold my interest but we'll see.
Old 10-13-2022, 10:21 PM   #7159
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Bought Wartales on sale, it's gotten great reviews. Really waiting for Midnight Suns. Played it some and experience the combat. Unsure if it'll have enough RPG elements to hold my interest but we'll see.

I can't wait to hear more about other games you've played and why RPG elements really hold your interest. I'm on edge over here with excitement.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:24 PM   #7160
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I wanted to like Wartales, but I bounced off it hard.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:29 PM   #7161
Edward64
Head Coach

Yeah, I remembered a couple of you warning me about it. But it was 20% off and I said what the hey. Wanted to play something new while waiting on Midnight Suns.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:32 PM   #7162
PilotMan
Head Coach

what the hey indeed.....20% is a good deal.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:44 PM   #7163
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
what the hey indeed.....20% is a good deal.

As reddit would say, low effort (class) post. Keep it up though, don't mind padding my post count by responding to triggered trolling.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:53 AM   #7164
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I wanted to like Wartales, but I bounced off it hard.

Same. Big time.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 03:23 PM   #7165
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Is there any possible way to get current with Stellaris without spending hundreds of dollars? I got it at launch but didn’t really love it, figured I’d shelve it until it was developed more (which I hear it has been.) The problem now is that even on Steam sales you are looking at $100+ just in expansions.

Humble Bundle is having a Paradox sale right now where if you buy multiple titles, you get larger discounts on all that you buy. Not just Stellaris DLCs are available:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...m_medium=email
Old 10-14-2022, 06:45 PM   #7166
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Humble Bundle is having a Paradox sale right now where if you buy multiple titles, you get larger discounts on all that you buy. Not just Stellaris DLCs are available:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...m_medium=email

Thanks, looks like the price is about $40 for everything I need to catch up at this point. That is basically the cost of an old school expansion so it's something I can live with.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 07:10 PM   #7167
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Thanks, looks like the price is about $40 for everything I need to catch up at this point. That is basically the cost of an old school expansion so it's something I can live with.

Glad to hear it! Have fun with them!
Old 10-15-2022, 06:37 AM   #7168
Thomkal
Head Coach

Disco Elysium is $10 at Gog.com
Old 10-15-2022, 10:08 AM   #7169
GrantDawg

Quote:
Something for you to consider, the 13th Gen Raptor Lake is just around the corner. They'll be released on Oct 20 which will likely mean bigger companies (e.g. like Dell/Alienware but don't know about Cyberpower) will have them ready for BF.

There'll always be something better so stick with Cyberpower if you got a great deal. The CPU performance increase won't matter as much as the GPU (and you've got a great one with the 3080ti). Desktop CPUs can pretty much run any regular software & games, its the GPU that's the limiting factor. But if you are having second thoughts, maybe hold out for another 40 days.

Intel 13th-Gen Raptor Lake Specs, Release Date, Benchmarks, and More | Tom's Hardware
I picked up a new system last night. All the specs of the original except DRR4 memory instead of 5. It had jst got marked down a full 1k off the original price at Micro Center. Still in the proccess of setting it up, but I did load Cyberpunk to just see the difference. Wow.
Old 10-15-2022, 10:15 AM   #7170
Edward64
Head Coach

Nice. Congrats. Sounds like you got a great deal.

I never could rationalize buying a mid-high end GPU, I just don't play those games that need it. I'm always in the < $180 range.

BTW - I believe there is "driving" in Cyberpunk? Can you do it with keyboard only?
Old 10-15-2022, 04:04 PM   #7171
GrantDawg

Quote:
Nice. Congrats. Sounds like you got a great deal.

I never could rationalize buying a mid-high end GPU, I just don't play those games that need it. I'm always in the < $180 range.

BTW - I believe there is "driving" in Cyberpunk? Can you do it with keyboard only?
You can, but I have a Xbox controller. What I have actually spent more time today is playing NBA 2k23 on the 4k monitor. It is very nice.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:35 PM   #7172
Thomkal
Head Coach

Frostpunk for $5 at Fanatical
Old 10-19-2022, 01:24 PM   #7173
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sims 4 is now free to play on Steam EA, Origin and most consoles.

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-19-2022 at 01:39 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 03:19 PM   #7174
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You can, but I have a Xbox controller. What I have actually spent more time today is playing NBA 2k23 on the 4k monitor. It is very nice.

Too bad PC version gets treated like last-gen (No era etcetera)
Old 10-19-2022, 06:09 PM   #7175
GrantDawg

I really don't get why they are still porting the last generation to computer on so many games.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2022, 06:27 PM   #7176
Edward64
Head Coach

My guess is different architectures and it's not a matter of just "re-compiling" on the new platform. And PCs aren't a major revenue stream, so not that incented to keep it up to date like the gaming consoles.
Old 10-20-2022, 12:20 AM   #7177
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
My guess is different architectures and it's not a matter of just "re-compiling" on the new platform. And PCs aren't a major revenue stream, so not that incented to keep it up to date like the gaming consoles.

To add to that, using the last gen console as a basis for PC should require lower spec'd PCs than using current gen which broadens the group of potential buyers.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 12:42 AM   #7178
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

That's an excellent point. Most people who are serious gamers are fairly stunned when you direct them to the latest Steam hardware survey and they realize 'no, most people aren't playing on 4k with a 3080 and a threadripper or whatever processor'
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 01:50 AM   #7179
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
That's an excellent point. Most people who are serious gamers are fairly stunned when you direct them to the latest Steam hardware survey and they realize 'no, most people aren't playing on 4k with a 3080 and a threadripper or whatever processor'

Meanwhile, thanks to this thread (IIRC, might have been the other games thread), I've now passed the 700 hours played mark with HOI4 via GeForce Now.
Old 10-20-2022, 07:51 AM   #7180
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I’d agree with everything said besides PC not being a major revenue stream. Last numbers I can find are from 2020 but PC was pretty close to consoles in game sales (35B vs 33B) and that was across all consoles. Mobile actually beat both of them combined at 70B which is pretty mind blowing to me.
Old 10-20-2022, 08:50 AM   #7181
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I’d agree with everything said besides PC not being a major revenue stream. Last numbers I can find are from 2020 but PC was pretty close to consoles in game sales (35B vs 33B) and that was across all consoles. Mobile actually beat both of them combined at 70B which is pretty mind blowing to me.

Fair enough. I was thinking specifically about EA Sports and found the below. While PC sales are 50% of consoles, it is still substantial (and growing).

Quote:
Net revenue increases across the board

EA revealed an increase in net revenue across console, PC & other, and mobile. While console increased from $879 million in Q4 FY21 to $1 billion in Q4 FY22, and PC & other climbed from $295 million to $420 million, mobile net revenue shifted from $172 million to $313 million.

However, mobile’s growth represents a 82 per cent increase, far outstripping gains made on console (24 per cent) and PC & other (42 per cent).

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-20-2022 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-20-2022, 10:45 AM   #7182
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

What is EA making so much money on on mobile? It blows my mind that people pay so much money for stars and points and that kind of stuff on these mostly junk time waster games.
Old 10-20-2022, 10:48 AM   #7183
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What is EA making so much money on on mobile? It blows my mind that people pay so much money for stars and points and that kind of stuff on these mostly junk time waster games.

Mobile is just big business in general. Heck, the Candy Crush franchise was sold for more money than the Star Wars franchise.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 10-20-2022 at 10:48 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 12:04 PM   #7184
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

Whales are legitimately a thing on mobile games. They have no problem dropping a few hundred to a few thousand a month - though I've noticed it appears to needs to be a high prestige IP to hit those upper numbers (say, Disney, NFL, Tolkienverse, etc.)

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 01:20 PM   #7185
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Meanwhile, thanks to this thread (IIRC, might have been the other games thread), I've now passed the 700 hours played mark with HOI4 via GeForce Now.

^5 Jon
Old 10-20-2022, 08:54 PM   #7186
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Fair enough. I was thinking specifically about EA Sports and found the below. While PC sales are 50% of consoles, it is still substantial (and growing).

The big thing holding back Madden PC at this point is crossplay. Once the game goes cross play I think you see an even bigger market shift.
Old 10-20-2022, 10:17 PM   #7187
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
The big thing holding back Madden PC at this point is crossplay. Once the game goes cross play I think you see an even bigger market shift.

that and that it's not a ps5 version but a ps4 version
Old 10-21-2022, 09:32 PM   #7188
rjolley
College Starter

If you're looking for NBA 2K23 at a discount, the standard edition $40.19 (33% off) on Steam until November 1, with the Jordan edition going for $69.99 (30% off). I've also seen it on sale for other platforms and a little bit cheaper for PC on other sites.

Last edited by rjolley : 10-21-2022 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-21-2022, 11:54 PM   #7189
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

i really need to wait until december before I buy ANYTHING. I mean at least I get free steam cards then! *snort*
Old 10-22-2022, 04:07 AM   #7190
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't buy NBA2K on PC unless it's $20 or so. Between doing stuff I just don't WANT to do in create a player mode, and not having the era stuff....
Old 10-22-2022, 11:43 AM   #7191
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Talisman-Realm of souls is free this week on Steam
last week it was Talisman cataclysm
realm lets you play as a ghost after you die...it's kinda neat
you just have to checkbox that expansion when you start a new game
Old 10-22-2022, 11:52 AM   #7192
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I wouldn't buy NBA2K on PC unless it's $20 or so. Between doing stuff I just don't WANT to do in create a player mode, and not having the era stuff....

Did not realize it didn't have myEra. That's one of the reasons I was going to pick it up. Looks like I'll be waiting for more of a price drop or for it to come to Game Pass.
Old 10-22-2022, 12:12 PM   #7193
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Talisman-Realm of souls is free this week on Steam
last week it was Talisman cataclysm
realm lets you play as a ghost after you die...it's kinda neat
you just have to checkbox that expansion when you start a new game

Talisman was the first board game I played growing up. Glad that it has a digital version and so many expansions these days. Almost always on sale somewhere too or free.
Old 10-22-2022, 12:15 PM   #7194
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Talisman was the first board game I played growing up. Glad that it has a digital version and so many expansions these days. Almost always on sale somewhere too or free.

when it was originally released it was garbage but they added a lot of bells and whistles so it's much better now. Also the druid is a bigger dick than Ghandi
Old 10-22-2022, 02:57 PM   #7195
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
when it was originally released it was garbage but they added a lot of bells and whistles so it's much better now. Also the druid is a bigger dick than Ghandi

I don't know if that's possible
Old 10-22-2022, 05:04 PM   #7196
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Did not realize it didn't have myEra. That's one of the reasons I was going to pick it up. Looks like I'll be waiting for more of a price drop or for it to come to Game Pass.

It gets the "Last-Gen" fork of NBA, as does madden and nhl I believe, which is a trend which I quite sincerely hopes gets the same treatment as the dodo.
Old 10-24-2022, 10:49 AM   #7197
Thomkal
Head Coach

Monster Train is $5 at Fanatical for the next 24 hours

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-24-2022 at 11:06 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 07:34 AM   #7198
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Picked up Gloomhaven since it is 25% off. The highest ranked board game of all time.

Played the first scenario 4 times and lost them all. Gameplay was neat. Glad it's a digital adaptation because it would be a lot to manage IRL.

Looking forward to trying it again.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 09:15 AM   #7199
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Picked up Gloomhaven since it is 25% off. The highest ranked board game of all time.

Played the first scenario 4 times and lost them all. Gameplay was neat. Glad it's a digital adaptation because it would be a lot to manage IRL.

Looking forward to trying it again.

Yeah you are gonna lose a lot at the beginning especially until you get used to things, and combat is always somewhat random with how much damage they could do to you.

I'm a big fan of digital adaptations of board games with a lot of things to keep track of from turn to turn and the "mathier" games. Just not what I want to do when I'm playing one.
Old 10-25-2022, 02:01 PM   #7200
Izulde
Head Coach

Told myself I wasn't going to cave on Vicky3 release.

Had $16.50 in my Steam wallet from a refund.

Caved.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote