Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #51
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'll still be scarce during the days. Temporary full time job turning into real full time job, yay.

The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It looks like an old version of the classes was used, without the upgraded ability on the Lay Healer. I upgraded the up to date line on that class, and italicized i, so you can see the difference

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #53
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

can we do dungeon 3 before we do dungeon 2? IT could be a Dr Who interactive!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #54
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I want to be Frobisher!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Now I get to do something productive at work tomorrow and think about what race I want to be!

You'll take a whole day for just race?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:37 AM   #56
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

HOW small are Guzak? Are they basically the size of normal cats?

I'm thinking I know what Race I want but considering various things. FIre guys are scary but they probably get amazingly cool stuff in those secret places.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #57
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Wow now that I'm looking at classes, my view of races is now different. No love for mages for sure. Hmmm...I'll think some more about this.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #58
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

This is a very important decision, Abe!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #59
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Questions for Abe:

1. Same restrictions as last time with no coordinating with others on race/class?
2. Can Berserkers or Paladins use a bow?
3. Can bards use scrolls or items that wizards can use?
4. Can players of good and evil alignment be members of the same party?
5. Does all damage carry over from one day to the next? (for non-lay healers or those in their parties)
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #60
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Question...
What level spell will a Druid be able to get? at 3? at 6? at 9?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #61
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Stretch it out. Some of us need these things to get us through the week.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #62
Autumn
Head Coach

I didn't get to play in the first one, so I'll be psyched to finally have a go at this.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #63
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
That's really for luckyduking me in Beowulf. That still stings....

Almost forgot about that. Almost.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #64
Autumn
Head Coach

Also, I'd be interested in hearing from people who played in the first game. This might not be the place to clutter up with it, but if people want to share any thoughts or advice on how things worked, or what was good, what was bad, etc. I've read though parts of the thread at times, but would love to have a better sense of what to expect when designing a character and pondering an approach.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
HOW small are Guzak? Are they basically the size of normal cats?

I'm thinking I know what Race I want but considering various things. FIre guys are scary but they probably get amazingly cool stuff in those secret places.

Guzaks are the same size as Dvergr, but weigh a lot less because they are lithe instead of muscular. Maybe 3-4 feet tall.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Questions for Abe:

1. Same restrictions as last time with no coordinating with others on race/class?
2. Can Berserkers or Paladins use a bow?
3. Can bards use scrolls or items that wizards can use?
4. Can players of good and evil alignment be members of the same party?
5. Does all damage carry over from one day to the next? (for non-lay healers or those in their parties)

Correct, and a good point. You MAY NOT coordinate with others for race/class combination. Just pick what you want and pm it to me once we begin, which is really far away, like next week.

As a user of wizard magic, yes, Bards can use wizard items, and similarly, Druids can use divine magic items.

No, just Myrmidon and Rangers can use bows.

There are no alignment restrictions on party creation

Damage carries over from one day to the next, until healed or you die.

Good quesitons!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #67
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Question...
What level spell will a Druid be able to get? at 3? at 6? at 9?

Druid/bard spell progression is identical:

Level 3 - They can choose one Rank One spell to know and be able to use once per day
Level 6 - They can choose one Rank Two spell to know and be able to use once per day
Level 9 - They can choose one Rank Three spell to know and be able to use once per day

The only difference is that Druids choose from the Divine List and Bards from the wizard list

Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow now that I'm looking at classes, my view of races is now different. No love for mages for sure. Hmmm...I'll think some more about this.

Note that mages do have trade offs for their low hp and other stuff. For example, the artificer and battle mage get the powerful rank four magic at level 7, but it's level 8 for Sorcerers, Lay Healers and Priests.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Also, I'd be interested in hearing from people who played in the first game. This might not be the place to clutter up with it, but if people want to share any thoughts or advice on how things worked, or what was good, what was bad, etc. I've read though parts of the thread at times, but would love to have a better sense of what to expect when designing a character and pondering an approach.

I don;t mind this at all, but a lot of things changed. For example, priest had their HP cut from 8 per level to 6 per level. They can no longer use a shield. Similarly, assassins gained the poison ability. Warriors are now Myrmidons, and can use a bow. Kensai were monks, but now they are pumped a little, because no one used Monks last time. Wizards were amped to battle mage and have more HP and better weapon selection. Bards have worse weapon selection. wizard magic has changed completely from last time. Dwarves now only have double chance for detection of a secret door rather than triple chance. Infravision is changed due to the introduction of torches. Many classes are new - Druid, Ranger and the introduction of bows, Lay Healer, Sorcerer, Berserker, and we have new races - Flame-Kin and more

So, lots of changes!

I wanted it to be different and yet the same, if that made sense. So go ahead and talk of previous experience with classes and races, which I encourage, but this Dungeon is not the same as the last one.......

Old 03-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #70
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I appreciate you doing that, as I feel like i'm on somewhat of an equal footing with the vets. And clearly there's a lot of different paths to success with the different characters.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Someone just asked me a very interesting question via pm, and I wanted to take it public, because I'm not sure how to go.

The question asked was:

Can I submit several class/race combinations, with rules for which one to choose, such as - give me the one that has the fewest other players playing it.

I found that to be a fascinating question. I'm going back and forth on it, so i wanted to get your take. Here are the pluses and minuses I see with it:

1). What if enough people submit them, so I can;t tell which ones have how many people? Suppose I got six submissions with three combination of class/race each, but the same combo was duplicated among all of them. How do I choose which one gets it? Do any?

2). Does this skirt around the "Don't work in tandem with others" to make your class/race rules?

3). It does help to provide a wider range of class/race, which should be good for the game and the party mechanic that I want to try out.

So, thoughts?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #72
Autumn
Head Coach

I would think maybe a quota system, you have so many slots of each type, if they get filled up, people have to choose their next option? I think it would be easier for you if people just sent one character at a time though and then you could go back if you needed second options.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #73
Danny
Head Coach

Hmm, since I was the one who conquered the previous dungeon I am debating whether or not to bring back the same character or not.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #74
Danny
Head Coach

Or I can say my character has been involved in a spiritual cleansing and is now a druid or something.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #75
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah that sounds interesting, same character, but who has now evolved into a Trow druid. Interesting backstory for him
Old 03-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Flame-Kin:

Forged by nature in the cistern of an aged volcano, the Flame-Kin are a living dichotomy. They live, breathe, and eat, and yet are made of flame. They have skin, and yet are made of flame. They do not have traditional faces, so they wear masks to allow other races to be comfortable interacting with them. They control the temperature of their flame, and can cool off as needed. They eat things like coal and oil, and have an entire culinary food preparation system based around charcoal. Their nature has been the subject of much studying, but experts still aren't convinced that Flame-Kin are a natural race, and suspect the involvement of magic in their creation.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Sis-Sharr:

Because of the matriarchal society these desert lizard folk have, men often leave to adventure, explore, become merchants, or bandits. Most are not comfortable in water, but the adventuring ones typically become familiar with it.

Note the typical scales and build against harsh weather and a lack of water. Despite the traditional picture of the lizard-folk as bestial, they have a highly refined culture and civilization. They are the most noble of the humanoids of Thorasia.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Taurian

Once the scourge of the seas, Taurians were powerful raiders and seamen. But then they were attacked en masse by the largest navy ever assembled and mostly destroyed. A contingent survived and moved to another island to rebuild, and began to raid again. They were found and destroyed. The only remnants from the Taurian race are here and there, around cities and other places of civilization. Scattered across the world might be 20,000 Taurians total.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Dvergr

These dwellers of the deep are quite stocky, although not that tall. They share a mystic connection to the rock around them. Their craftsmanship is not so much about dominating the goods, but about union between crafter and work. They have grey skin and little hair. Because of their special connection with the rock, they believe themselves superior to others, which comes out in their attitude which is often condescending, although adventuring Dvergr rarely are such, having been exposed to many more races and homes.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Qwith:

(pronounced "Kith")

These tall, slender sylvan humanoids live in the forests. While they used to have the same affinity for forests that Dvergr have with stone and caves, they lost it a long time ago to a decadent culture that swept into the Qwith. While they live for hundreds and hundreds of years, most get bored, and go out and find danger until they die violently. They haughty without having something to back it up (unlike the Dvergr). Because of that lost connection, they don't particular like Dvergr, because they are reminded of the pure people they used to be.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Guzaks:

The quiet race of feline humanoids is roughly 3-4 feet tall. Their bodies are quick and supple, and very light. Their natural nimbleness allows them to partially dodge attacks, although their body is much weaker, so it all evens out. They are acrobats in the air and on land. They are originally from the hills outside of the Feldspar mountains, where they make a fine vintage of wine. However, they have spread to forested areas where they retain some of their wildness, or the completely settle and become farmers and shepherds in plains. They have a calico coloration (like this cat: )

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Trow:

(pronounced to rhyme with "Meow" and "Cow")

The most populous race of people in Thorasia is the trow. Sometimes called the trollborn, these people have a long and storied history. Divided into many sub-races, some Trow are among the most intelligent of the humanoids, and others among the most bestial. While feared as raiders, pirates, bandits and barbarians, they have priests, mages, and culture going back millennia. The more adventuring subrace are among the more civilized group, and that sub race has orange-ish skin.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-27-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #83
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I would think maybe a quota system, you have so many slots of each type, if they get filled up, people have to choose their next option? I think it would be easier for you if people just sent one character at a time though and then you could go back if you needed second options.
This or nothing, in my opinion.

Mercy, was the first game this complicated? Seems like a lot to wrap a mind around.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #84
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Note that mages do have trade offs for their low hp and other stuff. For example, the artificer and battle mage get the powerful rank four magic at level 7, but it's level 8 for Sorcerers, Lay Healers and Priests.

I was more referring to the fact that it's pretty much only humanss that can be them except for the battlemage and the one extra race for the lay healer.

I'm actually afraid of taking something with this few of hit points. Can anyone from the previous game comment on this survivabilitywise?

Note: this by no means MEANS I'm taking a mage. There are about 8-9 classes that interest me. I'm trying to find out all the facts before choosing.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #85
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The five winners from last game were:

Trow Warrior
Sis'Sharr Warrior
Dvergr Cleric
Human Artificer
Human Bard

So that's one rogue, one cleric, two fighters and one mage. Pretty well rounded. Four different races and four different classes winning.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #86
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm actually okay with a quota system. If things filled up it would help me decide Hard to choose which to take.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I updated one of the early posts, but as a reminder, tomorrow at NOON est I will post here that sign ups are open. At that time any sign up post by you afterward gest you in, on a first come first serve basis.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #88
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Can I have someone be a proxy? I'm IN already! But I have an interview tomorrow at 1 and will be on the bus to go to it.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Good luck! Yes, you may

Old 03-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #90
The Jackal
Coordinator

Once signups are open do we get to choose our race/class or does that come later?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #91
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Once signups are open do we get to choose our race/class or does that come later?

I see by re-reading the first page that we'll have between 12 Wed - 12 Sat for this, sweet.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

RTFR Baby!

Old 03-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can I have someone be a proxy? I'm IN already! But I have an interview tomorrow at 1 and will be on the bus to go to it.

I actually don't think we'll have 20 tomorrow, but by Saturday? I suspect it's possible.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #94
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I actually don't think we'll have 20 tomorrow, but by Saturday? I suspect it's possible.

With my luck that would happen. And by remarkable coincidence, the interview is for the Pokemon company
Old 03-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Double plus GL then!

Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #96
Thomkal
Head Coach

Abe, you're awesome!

And no I won't be picking an artificer again no sir I won't.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #97
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Someone just asked me a very interesting question via pm, and I wanted to take it public, because I'm not sure how to go.

The question asked was:

Can I submit several class/race combinations, with rules for which one to choose, such as - give me the one that has the fewest other players playing it.

I found that to be a fascinating question. I'm going back and forth on it, so i wanted to get your take. Here are the pluses and minuses I see with it:

1). What if enough people submit them, so I can;t tell which ones have how many people? Suppose I got six submissions with three combination of class/race each, but the same combo was duplicated among all of them. How do I choose which one gets it? Do any?

2). Does this skirt around the "Don't work in tandem with others" to make your class/race rules?

3). It does help to provide a wider range of class/race, which should be good for the game and the party mechanic that I want to try out.

So, thoughts?

Are the Prestige scrolls class based? If they are, this player would have the advantage as he likely will be the only representative of that class and thus the only one who can use that particular Prestige item. That's one of the reasons why I went Artificer in the first game-I thought it would be one of the least likely to be chosen. If the Prestige items are not class based then I don't see this as a problem. Gives you the chance to get a class in there if you have a number of people picking a certain class and need some party balance.

If you have a lot of people doing this and get duplication, set a quota and a "first come, first get" rule-you then move on to their other choices to determine which one they get-or ask them to submit again if need be.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #98
Autumn
Head Coach

I think you may be surprised at how quickly you hit 20, Abe.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

7 minutes whores!

Old 03-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #100
Danny
Head Coach

I AM IN