Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2020, 04:09 PM   #51
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Rosario Dawson is so underrated as an actress. She absolutely nailed Ahsoka Tano. Best episode of the season to this point and arguably the best in the series (though I'd have to rewatch Season 1 before I could say that definitively).

I think I still give the nod to the prison break episode from Season 1, but this one was excellent, and right up there.

Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:47 PM   #52
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I didn't even realize that that was him.

Had to look him up ... oh yeah, Hicks (and Paxton) in Aliens. Also as Johnny Ringo vs Val Kilmer's Doc Holiday.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:57 AM   #53
PilotMan
Head Coach

If you haven't watched yesterday's episode of Mando, then what are you waiting for?

It was another highlight reel episode. At one point I said, "this rivals the end scene of Rogue One."

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:20 AM   #54
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
If you haven't watched yesterday's episode of Mando, then what are you waiting for?

It was another highlight reel episode. At one point I said, "this rivals the end scene of Rogue One."

I enjoyed it plus the intro of the new character.

However, I detested the fight scene. It's as if the storm troopers didn't learn the basics of taking cover and trying to out flank ... it was like the charge of the light brigade.
Old 12-05-2020, 10:37 AM   #55
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

It was awesome! Love it!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:38 AM   #56
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I enjoyed it plus the intro of the new character.

However, I detested the fight scene. It's as if the storm troopers didn't learn the basics of taking cover and trying to out flank ... it was like the charge of the light brigade.

Stormtroopers are gonna Stormtroop. Bad aim, poor tactics, it’s just how they roll.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #57
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

The last two episodes have been phenomenal.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:58 PM   #58
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Yeah this last episode was directed by Robert Rodriguez. I thoroughly enjoyed it and this show makes the Star Wars universe much more lived in.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:26 PM   #59
PilotMan
Head Coach

Another episode that hit the mark. What more is there to say? It's a top notch show, and probably the best thing on TV in 2020.

Like Steam?

Old 12-11-2020, 07:33 PM   #60
Edward64
Head Coach

Great show.

This episode had some cool hand-to-hand combat. And first time I've recall seeing imperial troops "die" vs just shot in their armor.

Not sure I get the last scene. Not a great tactical move but provided the dramatic end to the episode.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-11-2020 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:40 PM   #61
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I agree. Great episode, but the ending. Really?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:42 AM   #62
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Another episode that hit the mark. What more is there to say? It's a top notch show, and probably the best thing on TV in 2020.

I've been reading there's going to be a lot of other SW shows coming up. Slightly worried they may overdue it with quantity. But considering the success of Mandalorian, have hopes they will do it well.

The Disney acquisition of the SW franchise and building theme parks were a fantastic bet. Honestly, I thought SW was dying a slow death and Disney has really revived it.
Old 12-18-2020, 05:30 PM   #63
Edward64
Head Coach

Pretty good season finale and especially the last 10 min.

Wonder how the dark saber thing will play out. The spear fight (both of them) was pretty cool. The face touching was a good scene. The new person ... have to google on it
Old 12-18-2020, 06:06 PM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'll just say "tornado DDT" and leave it at that.

(cause the only reason I know that was a thing was cause I saw an article)
Old 12-18-2020, 06:22 PM   #65
GrantDawg

Fanboy fanboy fan boy fan boy fanboy

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2020, 07:12 PM   #66
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

The ending with the Jedi felt like a callback to the end of Rogue One with Darth Vader annihilating people instead of droids.
Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 10:20 PM   #67
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
The ending with the Jedi felt like a callback to the end of Rogue One with Darth Vader annihilating people instead of droids.

Absolutely. We got to experience the old school power of a kick ass jedi the way we were told it was in the original trilogy. We felt like we lost a bit not seeing Luke dominate in RotJ, and we felt like we lost a lot more not seeing him do bigger things in the most recent trilogy. This was that same feeling from Rogue One, the very same and it was glorious.

Loved the whole season. Very very good.

Like Steam?

Old 12-19-2020, 01:17 AM   #68
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Pretty good season finale and especially the last 10 min.

Wonder how the dark saber thing will play out. The spear fight (both of them) was pretty cool. The face touching was a good scene. The new person ... have to google on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'll just say "tornado DDT" and leave it at that.

(cause the only reason I know that was a thing was cause I saw an article)

Okay if you are talking about the cantina scene, I will just say that person was in a previous episode so not really new.

As far as the episode was concerned, I believe this capped off what I think is one of the best seasons out of any Star Wars TV series (so basically in comparison to any of the animated series). I thought Season 7 of Clone Wars was going to be hard to beat, but I believe this season of The Mandolorian topped that as a whole. I really, really hope the other Disney Plus Star Wars content will be at this level.

Last edited by Antmeister : 12-19-2020 at 01:50 AM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 07:37 AM   #69
Edward64
Head Coach

Had to look up how they did the Jedi. An actor + CGI.

Wife and I were wondering if they had a look-alike.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:15 PM   #70
Swaggs
Coordinator

Awesome episode. Up there with some of the best Game of Thrones episodes as far as high quality production and quality.

If anyone missed it, there was a post credits scene. I think we are all going to be drunk with Star Wars and Marvel content over the next few years.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:46 PM   #71
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Awesome episode. Up there with some of the best Game of Thrones episodes as far as high quality production and quality.

If anyone missed it, there was a post credits scene. I think we are all going to be drunk with Star Wars and Marvel content over the next few years.

We did miss it, thanks for the heads up.

Missus and I are going to re-watch s2 soon so I can cancel Disney until s3 comes out.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:23 PM   #72
Edward64
Head Coach

Okay, now that everyone has had a day to watch it, some additional notes:
  • So we have a crack Mandalorian direct action team but they have no way to communicate with each other once they get on the light cruiser
  • I get the Beskar helmet protected Mando but you'd think he would have a concussion and been incapacitated
  • Cara Dune's gun jamming and she takes it into the lift instead of picking up a weapon (for a just in case) from a downed stormtrooper
  • I liked Luke but didn't like R2D2, IMO that distracted from additional Luke-Mando-Grogu interactions
  • So they just got through an epic battle and it was ho-hum, just hand Grogu to Luke and so long. Com'on, there should have been a big celebration somewhere, a transition period for poor Grogu, everyone downing some cold ones etc.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-19-2020 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:54 PM   #73
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Absolutely. We got to experience the old school power of a kick ass jedi the way we were told it was in the original trilogy. We felt like we lost a bit not seeing Luke dominate in RotJ, and we felt like we lost a lot more not seeing him do bigger things in the most recent trilogy. This was that same feeling from Rogue One, the very same and it was glorious.

Loved the whole season. Very very good.

That was awesome. The moment I realized who must be flying the X-wing was thrilling. “That’s Luke!”

Last edited by Kodos : 12-19-2020 at 06:54 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:25 AM   #74
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Wow, I just finished the last episode and I have real tears running down my face. Of course happy tears but this one was awesome.

Fantastic season....
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:37 AM   #75
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Bye, Gina.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:44 AM   #76
Edward64
Head Coach

This is the way.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:18 AM   #77
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 05:32 AM   #78
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut00 View Post
I like the Mandalorian. This series was filmed incredibly beautifully. All combat scenes are well-designed. The nature and sunsets are simply stunning. You can admire the nature of the entire series, all the frames are simply gorgeous, and very realistic. The series has a very cool plot, it is interesting and exciting to watch. You can never predict the next moment. There are so many elements of surprise.

Nailed it.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:50 AM   #79
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

This would make for a great video game.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 01:24 PM   #80
Flasch186
Coordinator

LOL

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 10:09 AM   #81
Edward64
Head Coach

I think she would be great but get the other Star Wars opp may be better for her. Wasn't a big Xena fan but wife was.

Quote:
Lucy Lawless has some thoughts on the fan-driven campaign to take over fired “The Mandalorian” cast member Gina Carano’s role.

Lawless, 53, believes that the campaign is actually hurting her chances of being a part of the “Star Wars” family.
:
:
The “Xena: Warrior Princess” star commented on the fan-led crusade in an interview with British newspaper Metro.

“Well to be honest with you, I was already in discussions about something on — it wasn’t ‘The Mandalorian’ — something Star Wars-affiliated,” Lawless said. “[The fan campaign] might have hurt me in some way, because then [Lucasfilm] couldn’t hire me because it would seem to be pandering to … I’m just guessing here, I don’t know anything.”
:
:
“But that’s the way the world is and they meant it out of love, and I thank the fans for their fealty to me,” Lawless said. “I haven’t thought about that since, so it hasn’t given me any pain, but that was my thought at the time, like, ooh, this makes me look like a political appointment, and not an actress.”
Old 10-02-2021, 10:33 AM   #82
GrantDawg

Love Lucy Lawless.
Old 12-24-2021, 10:10 AM   #83
Edward64
Head Coach

FWIW, prediction on s3

Quote:
In a recent Twitter post, Phillip Sugarman, who frequently leaks when movie and TV show productions begin, posted an image of a production schedule for the show, indicating that The Mandalorian season 3 began filming on September 20, and would continue through March 22, 2022. If that’s accurate, we can expect to see season 3 debut sometime in the fall of 2022.
Old 02-03-2022, 05:52 AM   #84
Edward64
Head Coach

Another solid episode on Boba this week. Not a lot of action but the "training" was fantastic.
Old 02-03-2022, 07:44 AM   #85
miked
College Starter

Except the last 2 episodes did not have Boba Fett. Maybe they should rename it to the short story of Boba Fett and friends.
Old 02-03-2022, 10:56 AM   #86
stevew
Hall Of Famer

last couple episodes without the old guy holding his helmet have been great.

Also Cad Bane=Awesome

Hopefully they break out Rengar, Bossk and all the other bounty hunters from Vader's ship in ESB(assuming they aren't dead).

Last edited by stevew : 02-03-2022 at 10:57 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 05:58 PM   #87
Kodos
Resident Alien

Agreed. The last two episodes have been great.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:24 PM   #88
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I had managed to completely destroy any interest I had in this show after the first 3 or 4 episodes of this show, but you bastards are going to pull me back in!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 04:47 AM   #89
spleen1015
Coordinator

Makes we want to watch the Clone Wars show to see more Cad Bane. If only Anakin was bearable.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:26 AM   #90
stevew
Hall Of Famer

there's a good bad batch episode with both Cad Bane and a super young Fennec Shand
Old 02-11-2022, 06:53 AM   #91
Edward64
Head Coach

Season finale was okay but not as good as previous 2 episodes.

Last scene was fun.
Old 03-02-2023, 11:40 AM   #92
Edward64
Head Coach

Mandalorian new season is out.

Prob going to wait until more episodes are out before renewing Disney+.

But then again, wife may not want to wait that long.
Old 03-02-2023, 01:10 PM   #93
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bad Batch is a good watch. Tales of the Jedi was as well.
Old 03-22-2023, 08:49 AM   #94
Edward64
Head Coach

Caught up on s3 episodes.

3.1 and 3.2 were fun.

3.3 was WTF.

I don't mind a tangent, it was interesting on the amnesty and the characters. But the amount of time spent on it seem unnecessary, should have Din & Grogu interspersed in there vs beginning/end. We'll see how this plays out
Old 03-22-2023, 09:51 AM   #95
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Caught up on s3 episodes.

3.1 and 3.2 were fun.

3.3 was WTF.

I don't mind a tangent, it was interesting on the amnesty and the characters. But the amount of time spent on it seem unnecessary, should have Din & Grogu interspersed in there vs beginning/end. We'll see how this plays out

I just caught up, too. They've done this type of thing before, where there is a tangental storyline. I was just assuming that the character that did the backstabbing is still working for Moff Gideon and his escaping imprisonment will be a storyline going forward? I would think we will see Mando and MG mix it up again before the end of this season.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 10:23 AM   #96
Mota
College Benchwarmer

My wife hated it. I would consider her to be a "casual" type of viewer. She loves Grogu, and so an exceptionally long detour away from that was annoying. I appreciate the lore a bit more, but this could have been told in smaller chunks over a few episodes and been less intrusive.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:20 AM   #97
Edward64
Head Coach

3.4 was okay, happy to pivot back to the Mandalorian.

I like the jetpacks but think they are overdid it in 3.4. The flying special effects seem awkward (?). They looked hokey and was distracting for me.

Liked the additional backstory to Grogu. And hope we see the new foundlings more.
Old 03-23-2023, 09:55 AM   #98
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, it was cool to see a tiny bit of Order 66 unfold in live action, we've only seen it in animated form previously.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 10:28 PM   #99
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The new Mandalorian planet…..sucks

There’s a great Clone Wars episode that’s set when Ashouka is on a starship right as order 66 happens. Worth searching out. Might be the finale.
Old 03-25-2023, 07:16 AM   #100
Kodos
Resident Alien

This is pretty cool:

Spoiler

Last edited by Kodos : 03-25-2023 at 07:18 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote