Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-31-2022, 11:49 AM   #451
QuikSand
lolzcat

Not really all that enthused here for MUT. They announced a new program Campus Heroes dropping tomorrow, with some sort of wrinkle… like you easily earn low-level cards and as you play with them they get “stickers” (like the buckeyes on tOSU helmets) to graduate them up to, I think, 87 - which would be among my best players. Sounds interesting.

MLB Junior Seau and RE Robert Quinn among the players already announced, so I’ll have at least a couple of Dolphins to reach for.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:55 AM   #452
QuikSand
lolzcat

…ooh, TE Keith Jackson too (very much needed) and LE Ogbah. Lucky round for MIA theme teamers.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:19 AM   #453
QuikSand
lolzcat

It is definitely en vogue for MUT players to complain that their particular franchise team team has been unfairly neglected. Happens all the time.

So, I need to be fair about it… Right now the Miami Dolphins theme team is relatively blessed. The big $ limited edition card as a topper for the campus heroes program is a 90 Ricky Williams, who will presumably be the best RB in the game for a decent spell ahead. Now, he is surely out of my price range… Selling for 800 K… But that card, coupled with the reward card coming next week, an 89 Jaylen waddle, is going to make the Dolphins theme team very formidable for people playing at the High end.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:22 AM   #454
QuikSand
lolzcat

There are lots of 87 Campus Heroes cards on the market now, and I’m grinding coins by sniping them cheap (~105K) and reposting them for 125-135K. Some risk but decent reward for a little patience and savvy.

I played through the challenges required to get my free copy, and I already have my 87 tight and Keith Jackson. A major addition to my own roster.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:59 AM   #455
QuikSand
lolzcat

Completed a Campus Heroes "set" to make a major advance on my MIA roster.

The set was designed where you submit 5x of the 87 rated campus heroes, and get back one of two 90-rated players, plus account-bound (non sellable, non-tradeable, non-settable) versions of the same cards you submitted. I took the bait... spent on average 110K for the 5x cards, then sold the 90 rated card for about 380K (340K after tax).

So, for 210K or so, I end up with five improved starters:
87 RE Robert Quinn
87 LE Emanuel Ogbah
87 MLB Junior Seau (playable at LOLB, a major need slot)
87 C Garrett Bradbury
87 RT Penei Sewell

Still a 50/50 Dolphins theme team, I had been using lousy OL in those slots to manufacture MIA chem, this is a major step up there
Old 09-09-2022, 10:37 AM   #456
QuikSand
lolzcat

MUT 23 - No Money Spent Update
Cash on hand: 620,000
Player level: 34
Main Team: Off 84, Def 84, Overall 84
Roster style: 50x Dolphins chem, with 4 extra non-MIA players sprinkled in
Top rated players: 89 FS Javon Holland
Current profit methods: sniping/selling, weekly patterns
Cards I covet: 90 RB Ricky Williams

Okay, I had thought reviving this front section every several days would make for a better thread, but then I basically never got around to doing so. Alas.

Team is coming together bit by bit...I learned a lot since last year and am much more efficient with my time and strategies. Also, since MUT has largely abandoned the old "Power Up Card" model for applying multiple team chemistries to players who played in multiple places, that has really saved me a ton of coins that last year would have been spent to turn a player like, say, Minkah Fitzpatrick into a Dolphin theme team card.

The biggest emotional thing of late was the release of a VERY powerful 90 RB Ricky Williams, definitely the best RB in the game right now and maybe the best overall offensive card, and naturally a Miami player. Sadly, he was a Limited Edition only, I don't have the resources to go and buy/pull tons of packs to hope to get lucky with him, and he has remained very expensive - starting out at 700K and drifting up into the 900s until settling down back into the 700s. My peak coin total was just over 1M and I did flirt a bit with blowing a ton of it on this one card, but instead used an unsellable award card, a 86 RB Javonte Williams, as my feature/power back for a while.

Just yesterday a new promo came out with a 87 RB Raheem Mostert, a player who is notoriously overpowered in MUT due to his pure straight line speed. So, he is now installed as my HB1, is very solid, and I have calmed down on Ricky.

I own a copy of the other top-rated Dolphin, FS Javon Holland, but mine is on the block right now as it feels like a high-price wave right at the moment. If I sell him today for 265K and then buy him back Saturday afternoon at 210K, that's a big win.

No really novel coin-making strategies right now. Some of these "re-rolls" (quicksell cards for training, buy special packs for training, and over time get back assets worth more than the cards you started with) are beyond my capacity in both coins and patience. I want angles to shoot, more than just a promising slot machine. I continue to have occasional luck with someone buying my copy (the only one available) of a coach for 5-9K, when he costs me 1K to "make." Not quick money, but it has floated a ton of my growth thus far - just preying on the lazy, ignorant, or cash-insensitive out there.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:02 AM   #457
QuikSand
lolzcat

A few players reliable crash the market when their high end cards are dropped…Michael Vick is one. The coins/training ratio fell from 15 to 12 this weekend…I have bought a number of “cheap” cards planning to sell later this week, or else use for training.

I earned an 89 CB Stephon Gilmore card and hes now our CB1, very good. I’ve mostly settled in with 50/50 Dolphins, the maximum chem benefit, and then a few guys sprinkled in on top: CB1, WR3, and 3xOL.
Old 09-12-2022, 12:10 PM   #458
QuikSand
lolzcat

Team of the Week, based on this weekend performances, should drop tomorrow. Figuring a big card for Minkah Fitzpatrick is on the way. Do want.
Old 09-12-2022, 03:08 PM   #459
QuikSand
lolzcat

Comments section on site describing new program being revealed:

“This is an unmitigated disaster, and I'm glad this will be my last Madden ever. John would be rolling in his grave if he saw this atrocity.”

There’s a lot of this. I guess since I’m still fairly new I have… lower standards? Or I care about different things, more likely.

Anyway, I’m still grinding without much verve.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:44 PM   #460
QuikSand
lolzcat

I continue to make a few coins just about every day with a very simple method, and it is shocking and appalling to me that I appear to be the only person doing this in the Xbox universe. There is a set that requires one player rated 74 or higher, that’s it, from which you get your choice of any NFL head coach. The market for these coaches is very sporadic, and at any given time there may be zero copies available of a certain coach.

For the most part, the going rate for one of these coaches is something like 1000 or 2000 coins… Basically in line with what it cost to buy a 74 rated player. But, because this market is not saturated, there are frequently coaches with no copies available… When I post my one copy of a given coach for 8000 coins, and he is the only copy available, he still has something like a 10 or 20% chance to sell in a given day.

So, every day, I go through my inventory of coach cards, check to see which ones have little or no competition, post them at absurd prices like 7, 8, 9000… And on a typical day two or three of them will sell. Some people insist on quick payoff methods… Buy for 5000, sell for 7000, profit 1300 within one hour. I don’t mind playing the longer game here, and just grinding out a profit of 15 or 20 K on an average day, for basically no risk and no work.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:45 PM   #461
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Team of the Week, based on this weekend performances, should drop tomorrow. Figuring a big card for Minkah Fitzpatrick is on the way. Do want.

Minkah got an 87 card, pretty good, the top defensive card this week. I’ll get it soon I reckon.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:50 PM   #462
QuikSand
lolzcat

Last year, they eventually announced a team diamonds program… A Kapstone level card for each franchise, obtainable by completing a complicated set including many gold rated cards in the 70s from that franchise. In this thread I detailed on and off my pursuit of the Andre Rison card, from the Falcons component of this set last year, as it was profitable on and off throughout the entire year. Wide receiver is a premium position, Rison’s card was very good, and he played for multiple franchises adding to his appeal for themed team players like me.

I am assuming there will be something similar this year. I am starting now to gather gold dolphin players in rated in the 70s, on the assumption that at some point they will unveil a special set for which of these cards are either useful or necessary. I am just gathering these cards for 400, 800, 1000 coins wherever I can… In hopes of having a nice robust set of dolphins cards at the ready when the time comes. When these sets are announced, the market for these relatively Useless cards will increase meaningfully, and there will be profit to be had either by selling the gold cards themselves for four or 8000, or by assembling the side, and the selling off the high rated card It yields.

(Please forgive audio typos)
Old 09-18-2022, 03:57 PM   #463
QuikSand
lolzcat

TOTW Tua let’s gooooooo
Old 09-20-2022, 03:42 PM   #464
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, Tua indeed gets todays top TOTW card, a 90. I watched a video where the host derided this card is not meeting the threshold for various special abilities, and declared the card to be no good. Actually, that is probably good news for me… If this were the best quarterback in madden for a while, it would be absurdly expensive and far outside my reach. If it is merely a so-so card rated 90, I might have a chance to afford it before too long. It will probably land in the market today priced at 800 K or so, I will guess… But in a week or two that should settle down to maybe 400 K.

I think I am mostly slipping into my lane for this year… I really do not care about the MUT game very much. I still find it interesting to have this little hobby lying in the background, I still open the app and fiddle around trying to buy low sell high where I can… I get a tiny charge out of that, but I’m very very modest amount of joy actually playing games with my team. So, I guess that just makes me a rosterbator and I’m fine with that.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:33 PM   #465
QuikSand
lolzcat

Strange development today… The market is usually measured in how many coins does it take to buy one unit of training. Early in the season that ratio can be something like 20 or 30, for the last couple of weeks it has been around 13 to 15. For some reason, since noon today, that price has risen up to about 22. So, buying cards at their cheapest will net you, at best, an exchange of 1 training unit for 22 coins spent.

This may be connected to an effort for money-paying players to host a #packstrike to protest bad pack odds and other such things. Beats me.

I am just trying to grind out some coins my usual way, right now mostly searching for 87 rated cards by various program, and trying to snipe cards that I think are listed too low.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:16 AM   #466
QuikSand
lolzcat

there's some informal chatter that a new "re-roll" (a mystery pack, available for purchase in the game store, using training) is what is driving the market now... people want to do it, so they are buying cards for training, and that demand has driven up what used to be the cheap training out there (cards rated 83 and 81, most recently)... makes sense, i guess
Old 09-24-2022, 11:32 AM   #467
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I continue to have relatively easy opportunities to buy low and sell high on given cards, mostly rated 87. First, I do a smart search, designed to yield fewer than 100 players… That is the key to seeing the entire universe. I sort by the most recent posted. What I am looking for our sniping opportunities, and they should go quickly… Most of the cards I am buying are within the first minute or two of being posted.

Typical situation looks like this: an 87 rated player, just posted, the list price is 85K. At this point, I have a pretty good intuition about what players are expensive, relatively speaking, and what players are not. 85K is a low price for one of those premium parts, it is a pretty average price for the rest. But, there are definitely swings that last a few hours, a day or two, or whatever… And short term an ordinary card can become scarce, and more highly priced.

So, I take a look at the market for that exact card… This is very easy in the companion app, more so than on the console. The number of that card available, and the asking prices, basically set the decision whether it’s worth buying at 85K.

The no brainer bull’s-eye is when this card is a card I already know it’s going to be scarce or highly priced… And there are also non-or a few copies available. That is an easy case of by at 85, immediately relist the same card for 125K, let it sit for 24 hours, and it will probably sell for a nice tidy profit.

Other situation’s are more trick. If there are 12 copies of this card available, with prices ranging from 88 to 110 K… This is probably not a buy. Things might break well, and over the course of the next day I might be able to sell at 105 or 110, or whatever. But, I should have better opportunities than that… That is probably a pass.

Then there are the tricky cases, what if there are three or four copies, only one other copy in the 80s, one at 105, and two at 125? There, my instinct is probably to buy the 85, buy the other one at 88 or whatever, and list them both at 1:19 for 24 hours… And cross my fingers that this relatively thin market will dry up and mine will eventually become the cheapest copies available.

It doesn’t really with stand reason that there’s this much variability in the price is being asked and paid for the precise same card over such a short term… But I attribute this market in efficiency to things as simple as variable knowledge of how the auction house window and sorting works. I know I’ve said this 100 times in this thread, but it is a really big deal… Some people know how the system works, others simply do not, and there’s a massive leak of coins attributable to that differential information.

Anyway, I’m watching my son at soccer practice, and idly clicking around on the Madden app on my phone. I think by making moves just like I’m describing in this post, over the last 10 days or so, I have probably made 1 million coins… I will probably buy eight cards over this next hour, post them all and tidy profit, and expect to pocket 20 K on each of those transactions. Is this a good use of my time in the global sense? I don’t know. Does this entertain me more than most of the time waster style games available on the phone and iPad? Yes, it definitely does.
Old 09-24-2022, 11:33 AM   #468
QuikSand
lolzcat

Oh… (please forgive audio typos)
Old 09-24-2022, 11:39 AM   #469
QuikSand
lolzcat

The campus heroes program, in particular, is especially resilient. It is now two or three weeks old, but there continues to be a lot of interest in those cards… Especially the 87 rated cards, one for each franchise. This is, I strongly suspect, a function of the set they created to get the 90 rated boss for that program. If I remember correctly, it requires five of the 87 rated cards, you submit them into the set to get one of the 90 rated cards…But you also receive an unsellable untradable bound version of the same five cards you submitted in the original set.

In the current state of the game, an 87 rated player is pretty high-quality… So this becomes a really cheap way for NMS players like myself to populate a roster fairly cheaply. Especially if you don’t much care whether the players line up with a theme team, or things of that nature. If you can buy five of the 87 cards for 400 K, run to Sette to get the 90 rated card, and sell it to clear 300 K… You just got five usable but not trade-able players for really cheap. I have done this at one time, and continue to use a few of those players quietly on my mostly dolphins theme team… But if you are really scraping along for cards, this feels like a great shortcut to populate your team with decent players everywhere.

And as a result, there continues to be interest in these 87 cards even two or three weeks after their release. At least half of my market activity has been around these 87 cards from the campus heroes site… The logic is the same with all the different offerings, but this one has been the most reliably profitable… Just so many people wandering around looking for useful players.
Old 09-24-2022, 11:46 AM   #470
QuikSand
lolzcat

The current card I covet is the 90 rated Tua Tagovailoa. It has been generally divided by high end madden players as not having some of the specific elements… Arm release, specific ratings numbers… That would make it an elite quarterback. So, I do not expect the demand for this card to be super high for all that long. However, even several days after its release, it is very expensive…The set required to create the card requires four 87 rated players all from this last weeks release. Unlike most 87 cards right now, these are reliably going for 140 to 160 K… And that has driven the price of the Tua accordingly, he is selling for north of 600 K right now.

My guess is this will settle down, probably after next Tuesday’s release of the week three team of the week cards, and I will have plenty of cash to spend 400 K or so on a major improvement at quarterback. For the time being, I am not even playing any games with my MUT lineup, anytime I’m spending on button mashing is spent on a side project with the Houston Texans in franchise mode.
Old 09-26-2022, 04:31 PM   #471
QuikSand
lolzcat

I’m now over 2.2m in cash with 7x 87-rated cards on the block each for a bit over 100k. Doing well!
Old 10-02-2022, 06:48 PM   #472
QuikSand
lolzcat

3.7m in cash

hardly playing w the team at all
Old 10-02-2022, 06:50 PM   #473
QuikSand
lolzcat

I think the reality check for me this year, compared to last year, is that I no longer think of time spent grinding with my ultimate team roster as worth zero.
For my first couple years playing this game, it all felt like part of the same mission… Develop the roster, grind through challenges and contests and so forth in order to develop the roster so I can grind through challenges and contests… Never ending.

The real bottom line here is that when I fire up the council, I am just more interested in fiddling around with my franchise team… Even though that side of the game is pretty hollow and unrewarding, at least I feel like it’s my work going into the final product, which is basically what I want.

So, I guess the long term is to just quit MUT, but at the moment I’m trying to have it both ways… Fiddling around using the app, earning coins for future use, but with no particular urgency about needing certain cards so I can accomplish certain objectives with that roster. It’s kind of weird.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:28 PM   #474
QuikSand
lolzcat

I’m at the 4.7m, have the 90 Tua as my QB, and I’m ready for a big MUT day tomorrow. A new “season” starts, the market should crash, and a new “Most Feared” program launches.

I expect prices to drop by around 40%, so my cash will go farther. Have seen a 90 TE Gesicki for the Dolphins theme team, solid. This week’s old school players from the Team of the Week program included a 91 WR Brandon Marshall… tall, physical stud… DO WANT.

And, my team in franchise mode has corrupted or some thing, and it’s no longer accessible. So that side show is cast aside for now.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:25 AM   #475
QuikSand
lolzcat

Market crashed, as expected. I was mostly in coins, close to 5m.

Now the Campus Heroes 87 cards that I had been flipping for weeks (buy at 80k, sell at 115k)… most of them are going for 40-50k. Still opportunities to profit but I need to re-learn the market. High end cards haven’t changed a lot, mostly just “training cards” that aren’t really valuable as players, just as quicksell to the training currency.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:29 AM   #476
QuikSand
lolzcat

The “Most Feared” program launched, will be interesting for a spell. You can earn special bonuses for the players from that set - mine gives +8 speed (huge) but something like -8 or -16 on various other attributes like strength and catching skills. Only lasts a few weeks, but it’s there to fight against boredom, so timely.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:31 AM   #477
QuikSand
lolzcat

I did buy a 90 TE Gesicki for my Dolphins team, and he’s temporarily super fast but small, weak, and unreliable. Long term a solid asset, though.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:38 AM   #478
QuikSand
lolzcat

I’ve drifted well below 50x Dolphins for purposes of team building and now availing myself of the MF bonuses. Eventually I’ll work my way back to 50 Dolphins and only a few extra slots for fill-ins.

A pure Dolphins theme team is deficient at several OL slots right now. And oddly thin at CB. Past that, neatly every position is at least reasonably covered. So if I had to play 50 true Dolphins now I’d likely cover CB1, C, RG, and RT with non chem guys.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:44 AM   #479
QuikSand
lolzcat

QB Daunte Culpepper is among the legends cards for today. Historically he’s been among the best QBs in the game, as they code him as a strong arm style (good) but he’s got size and speed to be effective as a rusher too. The market is crazy today, no shock, but if things calm down I could load up there before too long. Top card is a 92, and likely a couple full clicks better than my 90 Tua.
Old 10-29-2022, 08:54 AM   #480
QuikSand
lolzcat

interesting bot, or quirky human?
Old 10-30-2022, 10:33 AM   #481
QuikSand
lolzcat

narrator voice: it was an interesting bot, nobody is actually reading this at this point
Old 10-30-2022, 10:36 AM   #482
QuikSand
lolzcat

Team has advanced a lot of late. Big wave of Team Diamonds finally arrived, with 5x who can get Dolphin chemistry. I now have 92 Daunte as my QB1 (and like him a lot), and have added 92 Mark Clayton and 92 Tyreek Hill at WR, so the offense is pretty fun. Run game is stagnant.

I have eyes on two more of the Team Diamonds - DE Kevin Carter and SS Sammie Knight, who should really help to shore up my defense. There's also a 92 FB/HB/TE Keith Byars who is on my get-to-it list, either through completing the huge set of smaller cards, or just purchase in the auction house.

Anyway, I've been playing a bit, but am not very enthused.
Old 10-30-2022, 10:48 PM   #483
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
narrator voice: it was an interesting bot, nobody is actually reading this at this point

Eh, I still read most of it, I just don't have the oomph for it because of my own meh experience. Haven't touched the game at all in weeks, but after the borked start I've pretty much stuck to franchise mode.

Also, and I suspect this is due to active roster size, this seems like a LOT more work than what I had in order to put together a 98 or 99 overall team (with all 98s or 99s) for MLB The Show in a similar NMS. Enough more that I know I'd never duplicate it, I simply don't enjoy Madden that much.

It's not you Quik, it's me.
Old 10-31-2022, 08:11 AM   #484
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

still reading... but admittedly 0 interest in Madden (I don't even own a console anymore)...

Last edited by Chas in Cinti : 10-31-2022 at 08:12 AM.
Chas in Cinti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 10:46 AM   #485
QuikSand
lolzcat

Honestly, the MUT game really doesn't lend itself to a good read, I think. My approach to team building (theme team based) is pretty much a necessity as a no-money-spent guy, but it basically means there's very little innovation or creativity involved.

The joy I get from the game at this point is just in finding angles, exploits, and money making schemes. Writing those up amused me for a while, but it's mostly tedious now.

So it goes. I'm still grinding a bit but not in love with the game, even the market setting, as much as I once was.
Old 11-02-2022, 10:49 AM   #486
QuikSand
lolzcat

As for the actual team, tomorrow is apparently going to be a ground-shaking day in MUT, they are launching a new program with 93-rated players (a new ceiling) and offering up some Redux cards (newly available version of cards no longer in print and very expensive to date). So, I will likely finally get my 90 Ricky Williams and 90 Cameron Wake, as they are no longer super-expensive dominant cards that they once were. I still want them, however, as they are major additions to my NMS Dolphins theme team.

I'm still angling to get several high end cards that fit the theme:

92 FB Keith Byars (plays TE and HB also)
92 FB Larry Csonka (I missed this boat when he was a limited edition, price way up since then)
92 OLB Melvin Ingram (out right now as a LTD, hate buying right before a likely market crash though)
90 Cameron Wake
90 Ricky Williams

Last edited by QuikSand : 11-02-2022 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-05-2022, 11:59 AM   #487
QuikSand
lolzcat

Today's Legends release includes a LTD 93 TE Keith Jackson, and I fairly quickly decided I'd go get it, rather than waiting it out. Was bracing for a price of maybe 800K similar to the Delanie Walker that came out a week or two ago.

Instead... 450k? (With a quicksell for 350K embedded, limiting my risk dramatically) Wow. Will get it soon.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:56 AM   #488
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, new Harvest program release includes a 93 QB RGIII card with 93 speed. I have played a Ravens theme team for most of my time in MUT, but not this year... on a Ravens team that card could be close to unstoppable in the game right now, with 95 speed making him maybe the fastest player in the game at any position. Yikes.

I'm using 92 Daunte Culpepper with full Dolphins chemistry and he is good - strong-armed and a powerful runner, plays a bit like Josh Allen. Plenty good enough for my needs, and worth the big investment to get him, but RG3 looks like a total boss.
Old 11-12-2022, 02:46 PM   #489
QuikSand
lolzcat

I think I’ve found my follow up to last year’s Andre Rison set, which I focused on for months. The Team Dismonds set for 92 RT Willie Anderson has several elements of a good choice here:

-he has actual value, as arguably the best RT in the game for now

-he’s part of the big set for the best card in the game, a 96 Elway that requires completing all 32 TD sets

-he’s holding his high value, still selling for over 600K while most TDs have settled in below 400K

So, I’m getting familiar with the components of the 37 (!!!) part set. It’s a ton of medium level cards, no shock. Also unsurprisingly, there are a number of the component cards that I’ve turned into their own little marketplace… Which is more or less what is attracting me to this as well. So, apparently there is only one punter in the game right now for the Bengals. That creates a shortage anyway, for all the people playing Cincinnati themed teams. Now, layer on top of that, that this card is required for the Anderson set. So, a 78 rated card from the base gold set… That would otherwise sell for two or 3000 coins…reliably going for 60-80K. Lots of others that have a minimum buy price of 10-30K. I get it. I can work this market, whether it’s assembling the full 37 pieces for a 600K payoff, or just splashing around in the shallow end… taking advantage of the artificial market for these tiny cards and turning 3K into 15K by playing the highs and lows.

(please forgive audio typos)
Old 11-18-2022, 01:20 PM   #490
QuikSand
lolzcat

My preferred MUT content creator (Gotfoxx) just said, about the "Blitz" program coming next week... "get Blitz right, and you can fund your whole year of MUT."

Cool, tying to sort this out...I have about 2.5m in cash, willing to roll the dice.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:10 PM   #491
QuikSand
lolzcat

The Blitz program starts later this week (Wednesday? Thursday?) and is among the highlights of the year. Lots of cards, lots of high velocity stuff thrown out there every few hours, that sort of thing.

Last year I came away disappointed that it was very focused on "good deals to spend real money" which isn't my thing... but I will be looking for market disruptions arising from it. Market has been steady around 10 coins per training for the last couple of weeks (guided by the powerful market equalizer, a buy-with-training special pack that people collect intel on to determine its statistical worth, and which then guides the overall market into a new, higher, equilibrium).

Training Variety Pack gone in a couple of days, Blitz promo comes, lots of new cards, likely a market crash, and maybe some opportunities to rev up my roster a bit.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:40 AM   #492
QuikSand
lolzcat

Sounds like 93 FS Minkah Fitzpatrick and 93 WR Jaylen Waddle are among the top cards in the new promo. Also oddly an 89 CB Brandon Jones for a guy who plays safety IRL. All major additions for the Dolphins theme team.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:37 AM   #493
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, the Training Variety Pack disappeared an hour or so ago...that was, we believe, the main thing keeping "the market" artificially high. Since then, the market has dropped -- training can now be purchased for under 9 coins/training, and that likely comes down over the next day or two with the new wave of cards coming 8pm ET tonight.

The question for me (a no money spent guy, immune to all the "good deal for cash" stuff that will be out there soon) is how much do I invest in the notion that this is a market bottom and it will rise again after the Blitz program?

My default assumption is something like this:

-Market will drop to something like 7 coin/training soon
-I could buy up non-special player cards at the lowest rate possible
-I could spend $1m to buy, say, 150,000 training units worth of cards
-The Market will rebound after this artificial drop, to some degree
-Later, training will rise to, say, 8 coins per training
-If I sell my cards at training rate, net of tax, I get back 1.2m ... profit

So, how much to risk on the guess that this is how things will work? The last two years, I'm pretty confident it worked this way... through Dec/Jan we were looking back on the late Nov Blitz program as the cheapest training/market by far.

I don't know what to do here... it feels like easy money, but it's fairly risky.
Old 11-24-2022, 11:43 AM   #494
QuikSand
lolzcat

All at once the market just plunged to about 6, wow
Old 11-25-2022, 10:58 AM   #495
QuikSand
lolzcat

The market for 92 RT Willie Anderson remains very very strong. I am guessing it’s because he remains the best RT on the market, even with the role out of all these high-level cards in the blitz program. Regardless, I am making bank by selling all my small pieces that are part of the large set required to get the Willey Anderson… So that money maker continues to thrive.

(Please forgive audio typos)
Old 11-25-2022, 12:40 PM   #496
QuikSand
lolzcat

This has been pretty bananas, I am almost sold out of all my low tier Bengals cards… Virtually everything is selling an absurd prices in this weird marketplace. I have made roughly 400,000 coins just by selling off garbage. Cards I bought two or three weeks ago for 2000 coins… Selling today quickly at 15,000.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:04 AM   #497
QuikSand
lolzcat

The Blitz promo once again mostly missing me and my narrow lane. Added an 89 CB and upgraded my temporary non-Miami C to a 91. Fine.

The market crash and odd swell in the market for all the little Bengals cards I’d been hoarding was very profitable. I’m at 3.7m in cash, and have another 500k tied up in “cheap training” cards for some future use/profit.
Old 12-01-2022, 02:47 PM   #498
QuikSand
lolzcat

Waddle

Imma post my L here

The 94 card for Jaylen waddle was part of the blitz program, it was a limited edition card only available for two days, By spending money to buy packs of cards and getting lucky to find one in there. These cards tend to be expensive, I was hoping his card would be affordable, but it landed in the marketplace at well over 1 1/2 million coins. long story short, I got itchy, the card looks great, and as the prices were bouncing around, I told myself if it ever got to 1.3 I would buy a copy.

I did. And then put it back up for auction around 1.6, hoping to make a quick profit… It did not sell. It did not sell the next day either.

Since then, for whatever reason, the market has really settled on this particular card… It now appears to be selling for around 800 or 900,000 coins. So, what I thought was a deal, was exactly the opposite… I was among the last people to buy high.

Life goes on. But it stings. Card looks great, I haven’t even played w it, though, too busy for console time of late.
Old 12-02-2022, 01:57 PM   #499
QuikSand
lolzcat

The party’s over for RT Willie Anderson and his complicated set. A 94 RT Jackie Slater just dropped and is clearly “the best RT” now… and while the Team Diamonds set have been ebbing anyway overall (as 92 cards are fading as top tier options) … Willie was going for upwards of 650,000 as recently as a week ago, I now see him for 250,000. Market ought to cool for all these little component parts too. Was a nice ride.
Old 12-21-2022, 05:20 PM   #500
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I have been playing a bit and market-fiddling every day, but not reporting anything here. Just no payoff for anyone.

The MIA team is interesting, overall. Loaded at WR with a 94 Waddle as the top guy and a strong corps... loaded along the DE/OLB slots with more quality guys than I can play. I'm playing a non-MIA C for lack of anyone even semi-legit to play there within the theme.

92 Culpepper remains my QB, he's fine but it's now kinda boring, and the top guys in the game are up to 95. 90 Ricky Williams remains okay as a battering ram RB, but we lack a major weapon in the receiving game there (Reggie Bush hasn't popped up in this year's game, maybe they cheaped out and didn't pay for his rights, I'd guess).

So... team needs are CB, RB, C, P, K