Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-17-2006, 05:05 PM   #2051
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
1 time use and all that came out of it were dreams of Hermione.

When did you use it?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:24 PM   #2052
Coder
College Prospect

I'm having a hard time voting.

I could vote for KWhit, who I have suspicions of, to make a feeble attempt at staying alive.

I could vote for Dubb, who I'm also suspicious of (despite his clear vote for KWhit), and basically kill myself doing so.

I could vote for Arden, who's either setting me up excellently, or has overanalyzed every post I've made, not considering the fact that I'm a newbie and bound to say some stupid things.

I could vote for RPI, who if you try to see things from a deatheater point of view has been voting very cleverly. Never taking a step into unexplored territory, yet making a little splash about it every time he does vote. For example, yesterday, he would know that both Gram and I were Wizards, so he could play his little game; looking like he's hesitating then finally tipping over on Gram. But that's just me being into conspiracies .

Or I could vote for Desnudo, who's been so supportive of me that he's bound to be suspicious (and yes, I know he voted for me yesterday)

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:26 PM   #2053
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I would've voted for dubb at this point, but it appears that it would be a non-factor. I strongly suggest we take him out tomorrow.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #2054
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I think the case against Kwhit is pretty good. He came in on the Qwik vote late and rode that one. He came in on WVU late as well. I believe it was when the Sndvl/WVU vote had just been moved off a tie by Dubb and Sun was the lynchee at the time. Qwik came in and said he believed Sun’s explanation that you could apparate/dis-apparate within the city limits. He did not state he was going for a tie or that he thought Sun was bad. Maybe he wanted to ride the wave out and hope sun lived and used the Occu-whatever to mask his true nature and the DE all live happily ever after, except without Qwik.

More than likely he had to get Sun off the hook or tie it back up and hope for a tie breaker in the DE favor but not look like a die hard Sun supporter. Well, we have already vetted out most of the people in that group, maybe we just lynch his AZZ and get that out of the way.

Did superman foil their plans with his last minute switch in the Sndvl/WVU. Did the man of steel hedge because he thought Sun was bad or because Dubb suggested Pass or Superman for a Duking, and he was afraid a tie would cause a Duking? Would an Azzhat have been awarded if that happened? Don’t know for now.

Now, Coder is another weird situation. Is he being deviously tricky as Saldana said, this was “a game with 2000 posts and the most unreal run of evil imaginable.”? I don’t know. I do know that Coder’s post #652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder
I didn't occur to me how they would get to someone to kill him until I read about Sndvls charm.. then it hit me that the most likely way to "infiltrate" a wizard's house without raising an alarm would be to apparate into it.. hence, the anti-disapparation charm would be a means of protecting oneself (or the house you're at).

and post 660

Quote:
GOT IT

(Anti-Disapparation Charm)

Pronunciation: Unknown
Description: Used to prevent Disapparation in an area for a time. Presumably can be used to prevent an enemy from entering a defended area, or used to trap an enemy in an area.
Seen/Mentioned: Used by Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix during the Death Eater attack on the Department of Mysteries.

Sndvls is legit

He looked it up and still says that Anti-Disapparation will do an “anti” on Apparation, Huh?? Then says it clears Sndvl’s. Could this be a devious plot to turn Sndvl’s story into a legitimate use of the HP world, only to be foiled by Coffee Warlords clarification of WTF appearing and disappearing mean? With honorable mention to Latham for bringing it up, even though he did not sound like he believed himself and Neon Chaos for pounding it into oblivion with his end of vote rant?

Right now my vote is sitting on Coder, only because it looks like he lied. But man he is coming off like a true newbie, so I don’t know. I could easily go either way. I mean Kwhit has played a quite as hell game up until now and all those quite people need to be put on the spot at some point. I can easily change my vote. Which one sounds worse? Or is there some new evidence on someone else?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:48 PM   #2055
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Gramm, I think Lathum was pointing at Coder last night before you "duked" Schmidty. What I found and that are enough for me. I haven't even listened to coder all day.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:53 PM   #2056
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Gramm, I think Lathum was pointing at Coder last night before you "duked" Schmidty. What I found and that are enough for me. I haven't even listened to coder all day.
Well, the reason I put my vote on Coder is because Lathum voted for him yesterday. But I'm still not sure if he scanned him or anything like that. He was the third vote on Coder. I would have felt better if he was the first vote on him.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #2057
Poli
FOFC Survivor

He wasn't going to be after what I found, but I understand what you're saying.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #2058
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I should have duked one of the quite ones. Dammit that pisses me off. My only bad thought on Scmidty is that nothing was found in his room. He could have been the Dark Lords agent. One way or the other, I hope we nailed the crappy agent somewhere along the way.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #2059
Coder
College Prospect

Gram, you're mentioning my absolute worst moment in this game and it's actually good that you brought it up. Let me explain a little.

If you'd backtracked throughout that day's posts, you'd have seen that I was being very quiet up until then. All of a sudden I think I have something (obviously knowing "apparate" from having read the Potter-books). So here comes my complete hemmorage of posts about it.. I'm scouring every source I know that could have some info on the stuff. I google disapparate and I google anti-disapparate, then I wiki both of them.

At this point, it's late as hell here in Sweden, and on a work night to add to it, but I'm excited, my blood is pumping, I'm starting to realize what Werewolf is all about.. it's cool, I want to help.

Now I know what it means.. it's "only" 1 a.m. here now.. Apparate is to teleport SOMEWHERE.. dis-apparate is to teleport OUT of somewhere. The charm he was fumbling with is an Anti-disapparate charm, designed to bind wizards to a location, preventing them from dis-apparating away from there. It's a lockemup-spell if you wish.

Like I mentioned earlier, I was excited.. I scanned the wiki-text and read that it could be used as a defensive spell (not reading the text in it's entirety). This was enough for me, I was certain I had something.. Unfortunately I had to add the stupid comment "he's legit".

Had I been an experienced player, would I even have made that comment?

Anyway.. this is not meant as a defense-speech. I just felt I had to explain myself and that posting session so that you'll allow me to participate in future Werewolf games because this is a lot of fun .

Old 01-17-2006, 06:01 PM   #2060
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
I think the case against Kwhit is pretty good. He came in on the Qwik vote late and rode that one. He came in on WVU late as well. I believe it was when the Sndvl/WVU vote had just been moved off a tie by Dubb and Sun was the lynchee at the time. Qwik came in and said he believed Sun’s explanation that you could apparate/dis-apparate within the city limits. He did not state he was going for a tie or that he thought Sun was bad. Maybe he wanted to ride the wave out and hope sun lived and used the Occu-whatever to mask his true nature and the DE all live happily ever after, except without Qwik.

More than likely he had to get Sun off the hook or tie it back up and hope for a tie breaker in the DE favor but not look like a die hard Sun supporter. Well, we have already vetted out most of the people in that group, maybe we just lynch his AZZ and get that out of the way.

Did superman foil their plans with his last minute switch in the Sndvl/WVU. Did the man of steel hedge because he thought Sun was bad or because Dubb suggested Pass or Superman for a Duking, and he was afraid a tie would cause a Duking? Would an Azzhat have been awarded if that happened? Don’t know for now.

Now, Coder is another weird situation. Is he being deviously tricky as Saldana said, this was “a game with 2000 posts and the most unreal run of evil imaginable.”? I don’t know. I do know that Coder’s post #652

and post 660

He looked it up and still says that Anti-Disapparation will do an “anti” on Apparation, Huh?? Then says it clears Sndvl’s. Could this be a devious plot to turn Sndvl’s story into a legitimate use of the HP world, only to be foiled by Coffee Warlords clarification of WTF appearing and disappearing mean? With honorable mention to Latham for bringing it up, even though he did not sound like he believed himself and Neon Chaos for pounding it into oblivion with his end of vote rant?

Right now my vote is sitting on Coder, only because it looks like he lied. But man he is coming off like a true newbie, so I don’t know. I could easily go either way. I mean Kwhit has played a quite as hell game up until now and all those quite people need to be put on the spot at some point. I can easily change my vote. Which one sounds worse? Or is there some new evidence on someone else?

I don't know. I found this definition:

Anti-Disapparition Jinx

no names or words given

Prevents someone from Apparating.

Dumbledore captured the Death Eaters who had been fighting in the Department of Mysteries and held them with an Anti-Disapparition Jinx (OP36).

It seems a reasonable deduction that the Prime Minister's office is protected against Apparition as an elementary security measure, since Fudge's visits to the Prime Minister there have always involved the Floo Network instead of Apparition, and since protection against Apparition isn't mentioned as part of the Prime Minister's new security arrangements (HBP1).

Most wizarding dwellings are magically protected against unwanted Apparators, according to Dumbledore, who confirmed that "you can't Apparate anywhere inside the buildings or grounds" of Hogwarts (HBP4). However, the Headmaster or Headmistress can temporarily lift the restriction from a specific area of the school for short periods, so that someone already within that area can Apparate to another place within the same area, although they cannot leave the area by Apparition (HBP18).

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/magic/spells/spells_a.html

So by that definition, it does do an anti on apparation (whatever the hell that means).
Old 01-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #2061
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
What I found and that are enough for me. I haven't even listened to coder all day.

That's kind of interesting..

I'm curious.. when I'm lynched.. what would you make out of Ardent in case I'm a wizard?

I'm honestly interested how you would interpret this.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:05 PM   #2062
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
So by that definition, it does do an anti on apparation (whatever the hell that means).

You probably hadn't read my previous post when you wrote that, but it's basically explained there what apparate and dis-apparate means, and what and anti-disapparate charm is.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:05 PM   #2063
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, the reason I put my vote on Coder is because Lathum voted for him yesterday. But I'm still not sure if he scanned him or anything like that. He was the third vote on Coder. I would have felt better if he was the first vote on him.

I don't think so, or else Lathum would have pushed harder for a Coder vote, imo. Actually, AE is more suspicious to me than Coder at this point.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:05 PM   #2064
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Gram, you're mentioning my absolute worst moment in this game and it's actually good that you brought it up. Let me explain a little.

Anyway.. this is not meant as a defense-speech. I just felt I had to explain myself and that posting session so that you'll allow me to participate in future Werewolf games because this is a lot of fun .
If it's not a defense speech, why did you wait until he brought it up to explain yourself?
Old 01-17-2006, 06:08 PM   #2065
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
If it's not a defense speech, why did you wait until he brought it up to explain yourself?

I've been thinking about it ever since AE posted it, and I've tried to explain it a few times.. This time I just spent a bit more words on it.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #2066
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Gotcha.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:10 PM   #2067
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

VOTE KWHIT
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:16 PM   #2068
Coder
College Prospect

Well for once I will actually get to bed before 2 a.m. and I will do so with a vote to, well, try to save my skin. While I think that the wizards would benefit more from me being lynched (and see that I'm being framed), I will vote Kwhit today and if I survive the night put my next vote on Ardent for setting me up.

Vote Kwhit

Either way, even lynching me is a win-win situation since you will then know that AE is a deatheater.. a very well spoken deatheater, but still a deatheater .

Old 01-17-2006, 06:18 PM   #2069
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've actually expected that kind of comment out of you for a long time, coder.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #2070
Coder
College Prospect

I would love to stick around for the discussions but I really need to sleep more than 4 hours to maintain at least a decent appearance at work this week .

This is an interesting situation though, I just thought about when I was so certain Wednesday was a deatheater.. now I'm the one being scrutinized.. I understand how frustrated he must have felt .

Old 01-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #2071
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
I've actually expected that kind of comment out of you for a long time, coder.

Happy to oblige

Lets hope I get lynched then.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #2072
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Happy to oblige

Lets hope I get lynched then.
That's why I voted for you. I wish more people would. I like how you've dodged the lynch so far.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:26 PM   #2073
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
That's why I voted for you. I wish more people would. I like how you've dodged the lynch so far.

Now you're overdoing it. Had you stopped at the first post (the long one), and not kept pushing it this hard, I would have still had you for a wizard. But with all these little pinpointers and little comments you're sort of making it into quite a big thing, whereas if you really were just a wizard, you wouldn't be able to be so certain.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #2074
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Whatever. I caught you. You're done. I'm willing to be lynched if I'm wrong.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:33 PM   #2075
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Whatever. I caught you. You're done. I'm willing to be lynched if I'm wrong.

Good night kids

Old 01-17-2006, 07:14 PM   #2076
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

VOTE KWHIT

Don't like his late votes, don't like his quiet-ness.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:37 PM   #2077
KWhit
Coordinator

Ack. This isn't going well for me.

Well, I tried to explain my vote for Qwik - everyone keeps calling it a late vote, but it wasn't. Like I said before, there were 5 people who switched to Qwik after me.

And the Sndvls/WVUfan vote was because it seemed more likely that his claim of having a disapparating charm was true than for him to make that up. It seemed plausible that something like that could be in the game.

You'll make a mistake if you continue to vote for me.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 07:38 PM   #2078
KWhit
Coordinator

And with all that said,

Vote Coder.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #2079
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
The follwing records the final votes for all the remaining members of the village.

Analysis based on votes:

Jesse - 2 DE votes (Qwik, sndvls), 2 wizard votes (Path x2), 1 unknown vote
Dubb - 2 DE votes (Qwik, sndvls), 3 wizard votes (Alan. Mr. W, Schmidty), 1 unknown vote
Lathum - 2 DE votes (Qwik, sndvls), 3 wizard votes (Path x3), 1 unknown vote
Superman - 1 DE vote (sndvls), 1 wizard vote (Path), 2 unknown votes
WVUFan - 1 DE vote (sndvls), 2 wizard votes (Mr. W x2)
Pass - 1 DE vote (sndvls), 2 wizard votes (Alan, Mr. W), 1 unknown vote
KWhit - 1 DE vote (Qwik), 3 wizard votes (Mr. W, Path, Gramm), 1 unknown vote
King - 1 DE vote (sndvls), 3 wizard votes (Path x2, Gramm), 2 unknown votes
RPI - 1 DE vote (Qwik), 3 wizard votes (Alan, Path, Gramm), 2 unknown votes
Desnudo - 1 DE vote (Qwik), 3 wizard votes (Mr. W x2, CW), 2 unknown votes
Taz - 1 DE vote (Qwik), 5 wizard votes (superman, Mr. W x2, Path, Gramm)
Jeeber - 3 wizard votes (blade, Path x2), 3 unknown votes
RA - 4 wizard votes (Alan, Mr. W, Gramm x2), 1 unknown vote
AE - 4 wizard votes (Neon, Alan, Mr. W, Gramm), 2 unknown votes
Coder - 5 wizard votes (Mr. W x2, CW, Gramm x2), 1 unknown vote

Coder is now my #1 suspect.
WVUFan is not far behind with him missing 3 votes already.

This is sort of a crossroads vote. The question is, who are the DEs, the guys hiding in plain sight like Coder, AE, Jeeber, and RA (I know, obviously all three aren't one and if Coder is one, AE obviously is not), or the guys with DE votes as cover, like Taz, who has an awful record besides the Qwik landslide?

I just don't see Dubb or Jesse voting for SnDvls if they are DEs, even as some part dubious plot. It made much more sense to sow confusion by having SnDvls left alive and and scanned as clear. Dubb is obviously devious, but I don't know if even he is this devious.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #2080
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

VOTE CODER

Basically - I trust AE. I may be completely wrong on this, but between the two...I trust AE more than Coder i this game.
Jesse_Ewiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #2081
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, in my defense two of the wizard votes were because I thought Mr. Wednesday said he was the bodyguard, so I switched off him to Alan (who was lynched). Then I voted for Mr. Wednesday because I thought he misled me.

The other two votes were for Grammaticus. I think those are pretty self-explanatory.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:56 PM   #2082
saldana
Pro Starter

the day began with 2 dead wizards. you lost another seer. the ministry has given up on you. and it has become apparent that those of you that remain are lost in your search for the Death Eaters. 12 hours of debate. 12 hours of daylight. 12 hours out of the Death Eater's reach and all you can come up with is a tie. Six votes for Coder, six votes for kwhit. There were arguments for and against each, but neither side was able to convince the others to sway to the other side. Seeing as how Grammaticus was fired yesterday, the only way to break the tie is based upon the fact that the six votes for Kwhit came first. The Dementor almost seems like it wants to destroy both of the days candidates, but as the same resigned sense of defeat washes over Kwhit the Dementor swoops down upon him, once again leaving a shell of the Wizard that had once lived in his body. The feeling that you may have broken the streak quickly dissipates as yet again, nothing marks the arms of Kwhit. You have destroyed yet another ally in your battle, and the thought that you may only have a few days and nights left until the end crosses your minds for the first time.

day 7 has ended. night actions are due by 9:30am

saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #2083
Desnudo
Coordinator

Damnit. Cue dead people taunting.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:06 PM   #2084
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I shoulda joined the death eaters.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #2085
kingfc22
Head Coach

Go DE's!!!

Ummm, I mean go wizards....
Old 01-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #2086
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It's always nice to see defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-17-2006 at 09:15 PM. Reason: I'm dead so I can edit my posts... Nah Nah Na Boo boo
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #2087
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Headless chicken, baby!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:26 PM   #2088
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
It's always nice to see defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.
We handed them two wolves in two days...honestly, this game is terribly painful to watch...they just cant do right
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:27 PM   #2089
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Worst. Werewolf. Players. Ever.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:28 PM   #2090
Blade6119
Coordinator

And whats funny is every person who has died in the past few days thinks everyone else is a moron...when they were right there lynching villagers
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:32 PM   #2091
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guys, every veteran WW player has a bad game or three in their past - not the most cool thing for the dead guys to mock the active players with a broad brush.

That said, this is a pretty sustained run of villager death.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #2092
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
And whats funny is every person who has died in the past few days thinks everyone else is a moron...when they were right there lynching villagers

Don't look at me. I nailed two Death Eaters in two days.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:34 PM   #2093
KWhit
Coordinator

Ack! I've been voted off the island!

Have fun, boys.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #2094
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Guys, every veteran WW player has a bad game or three in their past - not the most cool thing for the dead guys to mock the active players with a broad brush.

That said, this is a pretty sustained run of villager death.

i must agree with this, will the dead please keep all strained agony in the privacy of PM's, and let the living keep trying to find a DE.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #2095
Desnudo
Coordinator

I would have double bagged it, blah, blah, blah.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #2096
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I was a bit of a jerk (sorry guys!), especially as this is actually what I predicted would happen after the 2 for 2. I think it could still swing either way and will enjoy seeing how it's played out.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:35 PM   #2097
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Its just a game guys, don't be mean. Sometimes you are right, sometimes you aren't. Lets let everyone enjoy it and see how it turns out.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:46 PM   #2098
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
the day began with 2 dead wizards. you lost another seer. the ministry has given up on you. and it has become apparent that those of you that remain are lost in your search for the Death Eaters. 12 hours of debate. 12 hours of daylight. 12 hours out of the Death Eater's reach and all you can come up with is a tie. Six votes for Coder, six votes for kwhit. There were arguments for and against each, but neither side was able to convince the others to sway to the other side. Seeing as how Grammaticus was fired yesterday, the only way to break the tie is based upon the fact that the six votes for Kwhit came first. The Dementor almost seems like it wants to destroy both of the days candidates, but as the same resigned sense of defeat washes over Kwhit the Dementor swoops down upon him, once again leaving a shell of the Wizard that had once lived in his body. The feeling that you may have broken the streak quickly dissipates as yet again, nothing marks the arms of Kwhit. You have destroyed yet another ally in your battle, and the thought that you may only have a few days and nights left until the end crosses your minds for the first time.

day 7 has ended. night actions are due by 9:30am

I supose this means we find nothing in his room? Okay.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #2099
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Oh, and I guess that answers our tie question. If there was a tie breaker he is dead or has not voted/participated.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:58 PM   #2100
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh, and I guess that answers our tie question. If there was a tie breaker he is dead or has not voted/participated.