Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2020, 11:57 AM   #1
QuikSand
lolzcat

Stadium is stuck

Just took the reins in a venerable MP league. My team, WAS, has a stadium with 21,200 club seats. Seems to render my entire stadium untouchable... that's more than the game allows, so leaving that number in place makes my proposal illegal and rejected before being submitted. But there's some hard-coding making it impossible to reduce the number of club seats in a proposal, as well. So I can do...nothing?

Don't see how this could have happened in-game... maybe it's a bad default setting for that particular city.

Any thoughts? (unlikely)

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #2
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Sorry, no help here. I went back in and looked at what the commish is allowed to do and there's nothing there I could see that would allow them to override a configuration.
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:58 AM   #3
Pyser
Pro Rookie

you're able to build a new one?
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:23 PM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
you're able to build a new one?

hmm, prob didn't even check... but I'd assume so, the rule against reducing seating wouldn't make sense for a new build... so yeah, I'll check that next season if I'm up to this challenge

thanks (duh to me)
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #5
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
hmm, prob didn't even check... but I'd assume so, the rule against reducing seating wouldn't make sense for a new build... so yeah, I'll check that next season if I'm up to this challenge

thanks (duh to me)

Good luck. In the various leagues I have been in I never, never had any stadium alterations approved. I don't know but it sure seems that the approval rate for alterations alone almost never get approved, much less requesting a rebuild. Then again, any team I inherited was always in financial hell so that made it all but impossible.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:02 AM   #6
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawlinsFan View Post
Good luck. In the various leagues I have been in I never, never had any stadium alterations approved. I don't know but it sure seems that the approval rate for alterations alone almost never get approved, much less requesting a rebuild. Then again, any team I inherited was always in financial hell so that made it all but impossible.

Approval for new projects is directly related to Fan Support, always offer to cover half of the payment of whatever you want to do.

Strong fan support and half of the payment equals acceptance of the project. I had several approvals in all my MP and SP leagues.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:12 PM   #7
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Approval for new projects is directly related to Fan Support, always offer to cover half of the payment of whatever you want to do.

Strong fan support and half of the payment equals acceptance of the project. I had several approvals in all my MP and SP leagues.

Yes and are not your finances in large part driven by attendance which is tied to fan support? Poor attendance, high roster costs and your in financial hell. Can you crawl your way out? Sure, may take awhile depending on how much damage there is.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:52 AM   #8
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NawlinsFan View Post
Yes and are not your finances in large part driven by attendance which is tied to fan support? Poor attendance, high roster costs and your in financial hell. Can you crawl your way out? Sure, may take awhile depending on how much damage there is.

You can crawl your way out, but it takes a looooooooong time if you're taking over a losing franchise. A losing team with a loser stadium puts you in bad position for a long time with the horrid Staff Draft position you get, which further handicaps you.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:59 PM   #9
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
You can crawl your way out, but it takes a looooooooong time if you're taking over a losing franchise. A losing team with a loser stadium puts you in bad position for a long time with the horrid Staff Draft position you get, which further handicaps you.

EXACTLY! Can it be done, Yes! But you have to be in it for the very long haul. Some league franchises have suffered because of the lack of consistency.