Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #2751
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I'd expect more stay-at-homes to be coming this weekend. Next week figures to one where most hospitals start getting slammed
Old 03-27-2020, 03:55 PM   #2752
whomario
Pro Starter

I am not religious, but the Pope giving Blessings on the empty square gives me the shills ...

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/image/sz...8?v=1585336148

And since it is important not to loose sight of small successes and signs of hope:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/u...-kindness.html
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 03-27-2020 at 03:56 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #2753
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
just passed 100k cases in the US
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:30 PM   #2754
whomario
Pro Starter

bars

The small story at the bottom shows the huge issues hospitals face. Ideally every admission (broken foot, stroke whatever) would need to be tested and treated as if he had it until the result is ready. And even after, there cant be personnel overlap ideally and especially with areas like oncology etc.

Also, another reason why those fast-tests or antibody tests better be close to 100% accurate.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 03-27-2020, 04:32 PM   #2755
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

With North Carolina moving to stay at home, that leaves 23 states that have not (by my count), with 4 states not even having social distancing in place. The current trajectories for US cases has them doubling every 2-3 days.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:05 PM   #2756
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
just passed 100k cases in the US
Not to pick on Cartman, but what is the point of these case numbers? We all know the number of people with the virus in the US is well over a million, right? If tomorrow, NY decides not to test that many people (or tests the wrong people) and they only increase by 500 - are we all going to feel better?

The only things that matter at this point are deaths related to it (as best as we can tie them) and the hospitalization rate. If we got an influx of tests and see the US numbers increase to 250K tomorrow - but don't see a non-proportionate spike in deaths or high hospital rates - who cares. If, instead, we only see an increase of 100 tomorrow but the hospitals are overrun and the numbers of deaths associated goes up 3,000, that would really worry me.

It's just funny to me how these numbers are overtaking everyone's focus when they are almost insignificant. It's like a dark room full of 100 potential alcoholics and we shine a flashlight on 4 guys. If only one is drinking, we think we are solving alcoholism and rejoice! If three are drinking, we think the wold world is going to have massive liver issues and panic. Until we can massively increase the testing rate (which I'm not sure is even feasible), all these numbers aren't very indicative of what's really going on.

Last edited by Arles : 03-27-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:11 PM   #2757
tarcone
Coordinator

Our governor refuses to issue the stay at home order.

He just tells people to social distance. He is about personal responsibility. And he said the mayors of the cities are doing a good job.
Meanwhile the cases are skyrocketing.

And as an example of why this is dumb. My SIL, BIL and a friend traveled from their small town in south central MO to Illinoi and then to St Charles to help her move.

Yeah, good call governor.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:13 PM   #2758
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'm with Arles on this one.

Number of ICU beds/ventilators available vs. number of beds/ventilators occupied by COVID patients is what matters at this point. Based on what NY stated yesterday, the COVID patients are in these beds for a significant amount of time compared to what they see from non-COVID patients. (I don't recall the exact number off the top of my head).
Old 03-27-2020, 05:38 PM   #2759
grdawg
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post

He just tells people to social distance. He is about personal responsibility. And he said the mayors of the cities are doing a good job.

And as an example of why this is dumb. My SIL, BIL and a friend traveled from their small town in south central MO to Illinoi and then to St Charles to help her move.

Same thing in Georgia, governor had a worthless town hall the other night and the director of health had no idea how many respirators we had or needed. Meanwhile the state is 7th in deaths.
grdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:46 PM   #2760
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Not to pick on Cartman, but what is the point of these case numbers? We all know the number of people with the virus in the US is well over a million, right? If tomorrow, NY decides not to test that many people (or tests the wrong people) and they only increase by 500 - are we all going to feel better?

The only things that matter at this point are deaths related to it (as best as we can tie them) and the hospitalization rate. If we got an influx of tests and see the US numbers increase to 250K tomorrow - but don't see a non-proportionate spike in deaths or high hospital rates - who cares. If, instead, we only see an increase of 100 tomorrow but the hospitals are overrun and the numbers of deaths associated goes up 3,000, that would really worry me.

It's just funny to me how these numbers are overtaking everyone's focus when they are almost insignificant. It's like a dark room full of 100 potential alcoholics and we shine a flashlight on 4 guys. If only one is drinking, we think we are solving alcoholism and rejoice! If three are drinking, we think the wold world is going to have massive liver issues and panic. Until we can massively increase the testing rate (which I'm not sure is even feasible), all these numbers aren't very indicative of what's really going on.

Positives/Test would also be usefull. Not perfect (tests arent distributed equally each day between likely/less likely cases), but that number going down or at least not ul would be sth that is telling.

Italy f.e. Between 5 and 6k new positives since March 19th but Tests have gone from 15-20k to 25 to now 33 yesterday and today. Meaning the new infections can actually be presumed to be down considerable, especially if seen on a curve (how much it goes in terms of % day to day)

Same is happening in Germany right now as capacity is increased in labs massively (and they were high anyway).

Last edited by whomario : 03-27-2020 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:53 PM   #2761
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think we know the number is well over a million. We know that we don't know what the real number is, and that's about it. But on the general point, I've definitely been in agreement for a while now. I think it's really just media-driven; gives them something to report, which leads to people talking about it, etc.

'We just don't know' is hard to build a narrative around.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #2762
whomario
Pro Starter

Interesting side note, look at the tiny island nation Faroe Islands, about 50k inhabitants:

Corona Ă* Føroyum

Their 144 cases are coming out to twice the per-capita for Italy. And consider their remoteness and how much more unlikely it was for it to get there in numbers via travellers and commuters.

But their 3000 tests means 1) only 4.5% of tests have been positive (22 for Italy) and 2) that they have are at 6,5% tests per inhabitant (Italy 0,6%). So in essence more tests per capita and less positive per total test. But the number of 'cases' is high for how tiny the populus is.

Now, not every tests means a person (health care workers and quarantined get multiples) but it shows you why tests/cases have to be loookes at together.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:18 PM   #2763
henry296
College Starter

The comment about positive test rate is making feel ok right now. In PA where they have been reporting bout it has stayed around 10% this whole time, so the increase in cases in just a resulting of testing.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:21 PM   #2764
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post

Am I wrong to say that those people are practicing personal responsibility but not social responsibility?

Florida's governor is taking an interesting tactic. He has also refused to issue a shelter in place order but he is fine with local officials doing it.

So far, the counties that include Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Gainesville, Orlando, and the state capital Tallahassee have all established some sort of shelter in place order.

He started off by saying he saw how people were not listening to the suggested shelter in place orders in other places so why would he do the same here. The numbers rose

He then said most of the cases were pocketed in certain areas of the state and he did not want to stop someone from working in one part of the state that did not have any issues. The numbers rose.

He then said New Yorkers who ran away from the shelter in place order up there to fly down here were driving the numbers up. He asked those New Yorkers to self quarantine for 14 days. And the numbers rose.

Now he has said that New Orleans residents are running away from there and driving to Florida and that is driving the numbers up. So he is going to set up a checkpoint or checkpoints on I-10 so that the highway patrol can let them know they need to self quarantine for 14 days. Not sure if he is setting up checkpoints on the other roads that lead into Florida or just I-10.

Meanwhile, he has also acknowledge that, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, people continue to “violate social-distancing requirements as people tie boats together and have group parties.” I am sure what the penalties are for not following the requirements.

I guess we shall see where the numbers go from here.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:23 PM   #2765
whomario
Pro Starter

Coronavirus: How do 3 million newly unemployed people get health care? - Vox

It still boggles my mind healthcare is such an issue in a country as rich as the US

The US also seems at even more risk of people dying with those ominous pre-existing conditions in combination with Covid19 because a lot will have them undiagnosed or not properly managed due to costs.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #2766
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Coronavirus: How do 3 million newly unemployed people get health care? - Vox

It still boggles my mind healthcare is such an issue in a country as rich as the US

The US also seems at even more risk of people dying with those ominous pre-existing conditions in combination with Covid19 because a lot will have them undiagnosed or not properly managed due to costs.

Lancaster teen whose death was initially tied to COVID-19 died after being denied treatment at care center: Mayor | KTLA

Also imagine how many people who will not go to a doctor to get tested because they feel they can't afford it and will spread it to others. It's not just hurting people without it, it causes people to spread it easier to others.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #2767
miami_fan
Coordinator

Oh one more thing because, Florida. A hospital in Hialeah is/was charging $150 per test. The federal government has said the tests are free.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:53 PM   #2768
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Who's up for some 4 on 4 then?
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:34 PM   #2769
JPhillips
General Manager

Abbott is supposed to start shipping 50k tests a day next week that provide a positive response in 5 minutes and a negative in 13 minutes.

Last edited by JPhillips : 03-27-2020 at 07:34 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:27 PM   #2770
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Abbott is supposed to start shipping 50k tests a day next week that provide a positive response in 5 minutes and a negative in 13 minutes.

If you take one of these tests, how would you feel at the 6 minute mark?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:32 PM   #2771
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

HEY ABBOTT!!!!
Old 03-27-2020, 09:36 PM   #2772
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
HEY ABBOTT!!!!

"Who's up first?"

"Yes he is"

"If you start that routine up, I'll smack you."

edit: "So Who's tested first, what's in quarantine and I don't know's in ICU???" "Exactly!"

Last edited by SirFozzie : 03-27-2020 at 10:29 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:21 PM   #2773
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

So China has 3-4x more people than the USA. But we have passed them a little over a month into this mess while they showed massive improvement about 6 weeks after it first struck. What exactly worked for them that is slowing it down? I keep hoping in a couple weeks we will see that same progress but not feeling overly optimistic right now.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 03-27-2020 at 10:23 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:24 PM   #2774
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
So China has 3-4x more people than the USA. But we have passed them a little over a month into this mess while they showed massive improvement about 6 weeks after is first struck. What exactly worked for them that is slowing it down? I keep hoping in a couple weeks we will see that same progress but not feeling overly optimistic right now.

Assuming you believe the numbers from China, which is a big assumption, it boils down to culture.

Freedom and sense of entitlement are a horrible combination.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:24 PM   #2775
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

They were putting folks in complete lockdown. (one person who had grandparents over there actually said no one was able to leave their house, but each block had a runner who would get them groceries and stuff)
Old 03-27-2020, 10:28 PM   #2776
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Assuming you believe the numbers from China, which is a big assumption, it boils down to culture.

Freedom and sense of entitlement are a horrible combination.

Well. They seem to be opening their business back up

China's Kind of Back to Work, but the Coronavirus Economic Recovery Will Be Ugly

The consumer arent buying yet....but its a start....

We are sitting around trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:35 PM   #2777
JPhillips
General Manager

At least 100 inmates and 80 COs at Rikers are confirmed positive.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:36 PM   #2778
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

Unfortunately there will always be people looking to make mischief wherever and whenever. There are a lot of different ways to prevent this from happening with the most basic one being to add a password to your meeting.

Best Practices for Securing Your Virtual ClassroomÂ* - Zoom Blog

Full disclosure I work at Zoom.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:38 PM   #2779
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

One thing that Kirk Herbstreit mentioned is that he'd be shocked if the NFL and college football opened up normally with fans this fall. I can understand why (The Atalanta-Valencia game is thought to have spread COVID-19 to up to 40,000 fans).

Do we really want gatherings of 100,000 plus people while there's still not a vaccine for it?

(I think there will be fans, at least at the beginning.. )
Old 03-27-2020, 10:45 PM   #2780
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
One thing that Kirk Herbstreit mentioned is that he'd be shocked if the NFL and college football opened up normally with fans this fall. I can understand why (The Atalanta-Valencia game is thought to have spread COVID-19 to up to 40,000 fans).

Do we really want gatherings of 100,000 plus people while there's still not a vaccine for it?

(I think there will be fans, at least at the beginning.. )

It was either CNN or MSNBC, they interviewed a former head of (something relevant). The guy said he was optimistic there would be therapeutics available to treat the virus by this summer and listed out some stuff in development.

I don't think we have to have a vaccine, we need treatment for the symptoms.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:45 PM   #2781
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I think a lot of that depends on how much summer changes things. It could be that we get pounded but then by late May it's largely gone, returning in the fall. Football would be a nightmare scenario for that, and I feel compelled to mention again that the fall outbreak in 1918 killed more than the one in the spring because people assumed it was no longer a threat and stopped being careful. And who knows what drugs will be approved as therapeutic/preventative by then and how much of an impact that has.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:48 PM   #2782
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Dola,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64
I don't think we have to have a vaccine, we need treatment for the symptoms.

We kind of posted about the same thing, but I think we do need to have a vaccine. Ofc it depends on how effective the symptoms treatments really are, but they'd have to be awfully darned impressive by any relative comparison, to the point of keeping most people who have to go to the hospital now out of that scenario. I'll be surprised if any are that good at helping people breathe when the virus screws over their lungs, but I would be extremely happy to be wrong.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:00 PM   #2783
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
So China has 3-4x more people than the USA. But we have passed them a little over a month into this mess while they showed massive improvement about 6 weeks after it first struck. What exactly worked for them that is slowing it down?

What works for them is having a totalitarian government who is using the military and drone technology to enforce quarantines. Somehow, I don't think that methodology would be well received by our citizens.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:09 PM   #2784
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

OMG New York up to like 46,000 infected
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:19 AM   #2785
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So China has 3-4x more people than the USA. But we have passed them a little over a month into this mess while they showed massive improvement about 6 weeks after it first struck. What exactly worked for them that is slowing it down? I keep hoping in a couple weeks we will see that same progress but not feeling overly optimistic right now.

As has been pointed out, there are reasons to be skeptical about information coming out of China for how well they have controlled things.

Urns in Wuhan far exceed death toll, raising more questions about China’s tally – Shanghaiist

They had apparently opened cinemas 10 days ago, but are now closing them in the whole country for an indefinite period of time.

Having said that, they also tested a lot of people, built hospitals quickly to add capacity, and aggressively enforced quarantines, even to the point of bolting some people in their apartments.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:10 AM   #2786
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Old 03-28-2020, 08:13 AM   #2787
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Old 03-28-2020, 09:08 AM   #2788
AlexB
Pro Starter

In a worrying sign of what is likely to come, the ExCel Arena in London is being turned into a temporary 4000 bed hospital, the Municipality Stadium in Wales into a 2000 bed hospital, and the Manchester Arena and NEC in Birmingham on standby to do the same (I think it was 3000 and 2000 beds respectively)

It looks like we are about to be hit hard
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:47 AM   #2789
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm curious why grocery stores haven't gone to 100% curbside. Seems if they shifted all their resources to that as opposed to cashiers, stockers, etc...it would be safer for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
To do that, you have to have a pretty good system of inventory and ordering. Easy with something like boxes of cereal, less for for fruit and meat.

(I do not know if current online ordering allows for this. Target doesn't let you do meat with order pickup).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Not only that, but you'd need a LOT more employees to do what customers do now - grabbing what they need, filling the carts, self check-out, etc. When your currently employees are working extra hours and still sometimes can't keep up with the demand, scaling it up to that level isn't feasible in the short-term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
All of those things still have to happen when people are ordering online.

Plus most of these services are pretty new and don't have the capability of things like real-time info on what's in stock. It's basically just sending the store a list and having the employees do what you would do in the store, with the extra steps of taking it to your car or delivering it and the administrative tasks involved with opening and closing those requests (and responding to errors and complaints and IT issues). Edit: The role of "shopper" (the employee who goes around the shelves and fills your orders) has increased a ton and has strained overall staff. It's party why they're limiting hours. They need more time for people just to do their regular job like stocking the shelves, sweeping the floors, and the extra disinfecting they're doing.

Amazon is doing this stuff pretty efficiently with Whole Foods because that's their whole business, but most grocery stores just don't have that technology to make this run efficiently with fewer workers. Walmart ended up cancelling all pending online grocery orders a few days ago because it just couldn't fill them all with the stock and staff it had available.

Plus in my state, the stores that have been hit the hardest are the cheapest stores like WINCO. The people that are already food-insecure or more likely to shop there. Not everybody has internet or even a stable housing situation. The libraries closing cutoff internet access for many people. Going to online-only ordering would cut the food supply off for a lot of Americans.

Kroger converts store to pickup-only service | Grocery Dive

Happening now. My wife, who knows more about this stuff than anyone, her entire business is grocery and pharmacy, says it went really well.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:37 AM   #2790
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Happening now. My wife, who knows more about this stuff than anyone, her entire business is grocery and pharmacy, says it went really well.

Kroger pick up couldn't fill 35% (about $80 worth) of our order from yesterday. My wife ended up going in anyway and was able to pick up a lot of what they ended up not being able to fill, plus more.

Pickup is a great concept, but we've had plenty of problems with it. From kids now knowing the difference between a yam and a sweet potato to not knowing where to find a product. I can't tell you how many times I went in and grabbed the "item we don't have" off the shelves to head home. You take what you get a lot of the time.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:47 AM   #2791
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Kroger pick up couldn't fill 35% (about $80 worth) of our order from yesterday. My wife ended up going in anyway and was able to pick up a lot of what they ended up not being able to fill, plus more.

Pickup is a great concept, but we've had plenty of problems with it. From kids now knowing the difference between a yam and a sweet potato to not knowing where to find a product. I can't tell you how many times I went in and grabbed the "item we don't have" off the shelves to head home. You take what you get a lot of the time.

I would rather take an odd substitution then go in to the store. For some strange reason the thought of going in to a grocery store horrifies me.

I know your situation is different due to your wifes dietary needs so that would complicate things.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:08 AM   #2792
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I would rather take an odd substitution then go in to the store. For some strange reason the thought of going in to a grocery store horrifies me.

I know your situation is different due to your wifes dietary needs so that would complicate things.

That's just it. There were no subs. Usually there's like 4 items to sub or they are out of. This was 5 full pages of paper. They were out and didn't sub anything. Things like fruit, veggies, vegan products only she can eat, soap, etc. Across the board. She spends hours planning the menus and shopping list. So that much gone is critical.

Like Steam?

Old 03-28-2020, 11:15 AM   #2793
PilotMan
Head Coach

Remember when I said that if the airlines needed to they could be back up and running in a couple weeks.

Yeah, that ship sailed now. They are all committing to the long run now. So things are getting scaled back and commitments to employees are now bearing an expense that will need months to come to fruition. So it's not going to be happening fast now. Buckle up.

Like Steam?

Old 03-28-2020, 11:31 AM   #2794
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We were able to order produce from a local wholesaler who delivered. Maybe look for something like that. We have to order a large amount so 4 families went in together and I divided it up and left it on my porch. . .
Old 03-28-2020, 12:21 PM   #2795
tarcone
Coordinator

My chest and back in my lung area started hurting a bit in the last couple hours. I have no cough, but I could feel stuff a couple times. I have been holding my breath for the last couple weeks, just as a baseline. Dont seem to have lost any breath of my baseline. My daughter has a phlegmy cough. Hoping Im just getting something from her.
No fever, no cough. But damn, Im a little worried right now.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:04 PM   #2796
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:

I'm all about social distancing and doing what I can, but I'd drive all the way across town to the store that lets me pick my own meat before I let someone choose it. Definitely any store in our semi-proximity that did this as the only option would lose some business.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:10 PM   #2797
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum

I'm glad they are trying it and I hope it works out and can be expanded, but in terms of the large scale I'll definitely believe it when I see it. I have a brother who has worked at a local store of a different chain for years, and I've seen & heard nothing that would indicate this is actually feasible. Even if it only works in isolates spots though, still better than nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone
No fever, no cough. But damn, Im a little worried right now.

Old 03-28-2020, 01:24 PM   #2798
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Trump asked ex-Yankee Alex Rodriguez for coronavirus advice
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-28-2020 at 01:25 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:45 PM   #2799
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

But there's no way he could have learned anything talking to the four living ex-Presidents.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:57 PM   #2800
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
One of our contracts managers hospitalised this afternoon with suspected CV-19. He works from a different office base than me, and I don’t know him well, but it’s getting closer...

This is the message my colleague sent us all (he was confirmed as having CV-19), which I think is worth sharing

Quote:
Hello, very weak but I think I've turned the corner, well I hope so, I cant explain how awful it is, I know now why weak and elderly lose their lives.
Have pneumonia on left lung.
All I can say more than ever is stay safe and stay home .
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote