Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2020, 10:30 PM   #3051
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
An off-his-rocker Conspiracy theorist (is there any other type of conspiracy theorist?) deliberately crashed a train to prove the hospital ship USNS Mercy was part of a government take over. Folks, we're through the looking glass here.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mercy-n1174461

Quote:
Eduardo Moreno, 44, of San Pedro, California, was charged with one count under a little-known train-wrecking statute

That phrase makes me grin, right there.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:55 AM   #3052
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

If kids return to school this fall (or to camps this summer,) what happens? Does the virus spread wildly among them, but with mostly mild/no symptoms? Does that mean we must continue to isolate their grandparents and the immunocompromised? Does there exist a path where a significant portion of the population can feel safe before the 12-18 month mark when there’s a vaccine? I would think we’d need MASSIVE testing to determine who has and hasn’t built up immunity. Again, as I mentioned well up thread, my entire family had an unknown respiratory illness with fever back in mid/late Feb. If none of us gets it for sure before the return to normalcy, there’s no way to know if we’re immune without mass testing.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 04-02-2020 at 02:59 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:36 AM   #3053
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
https://www.aei.org/research-product...-to-reopening/

I mentioned it earlier, and here's a link to the former Trump FDA head's re-opening plan. It's very good.

That is a good article. A rational approach, rooted in the ongoing collection and analysis of data. Unfortunately, collecting data hasn't been one of our strong points in this conflict. If we can start testing without any constraints, really isolating new patients, and using some of the methods to track transmission that were used to good effect in parts of Asia, I can see the public supporting the reduction of social distancing measures.

That is a lot of ifs, but hopefully someone is putting the time that shelter in place is buying us to good use.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 05:45 AM   #3054
whomario
Pro Starter

The US just snatched up 3.5 mio newly produced masks pretty much off the runway that were ordered, already paid for and desperately needed by France. By paying 3x the amount without even inspecting them.

Be glad, but be aware at the cost elsewhere when you hear of the US 'procuring' masks. And be aware that there will be dud deliveries like the severely substandard tests for Spain or another shipment of masks to the Netherlands the other day.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 04-02-2020 at 05:51 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:04 AM   #3055
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not even going to be glad. I know you weren't necessarily saying this, but I don't think a US life is more valuable than a French one. If France had already paid for them, that's where they should go.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:04 AM   #3056
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Sure reads like neither the Sec. of the Navy or Sec. of Defense is happy with the Captain of the Roosevelt. The guy should be honored for doing what needed to be done to save his sailors.

Last I read the SECDEF and SECNAV were both saying the right things but it might have changed. It is the same situation as the hospitals, their staff and the PPE. I highly doubt that the Captain only wrote that one letter.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:45 AM   #3057
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
The US just snatched up 3.5 mio newly produced masks pretty much off the runway that were ordered, already paid for and desperately needed by France. By paying 3x the amount without even inspecting them.

Be glad, but be aware at the cost elsewhere when you hear of the US 'procuring' masks. And be aware that there will be dud deliveries like the severely substandard tests for Spain or another shipment of masks to the Netherlands the other day.
Yeah, 600,000 useless masks, of which several had already been taken into use by hospital employees. "Made in China", by no means meant Chinaphobic, but it's not uncommon with products labeled as such to turn out to br below safety standards.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:47 AM   #3058
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I'm not even going to be glad. I know you weren't necessarily saying this, but I don't think a US life is more valuable than a French one. If France had already paid for them, that's where they should go.

Was more referring to future news without such specifics Every mask one country gets (mostly from china) there is a decent chance someone else missed out on a done deal and a 100% chance those masks are definitely missing somewhere else.

It just is an insane situation and IMO explains fully why most countries, especially bigger ones are less than eager to go to a "You have to wear a mask, period" state. because while some will make their own, you can also be sure a lot more individual buyers or individual cities f.e. will add to those pressures.

And it is paramount that every country gets cracking on getting current manufacturers what they need to expand and others to change their production to PPE if possible.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 04-02-2020 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:49 AM   #3059
whomario
Pro Starter

I think this is a good, short read on challenges beyond the obvious that a highly infectious desease like this presents in hospitals. And why it is almost impossible to put the genie back in the bottle once you are 'run over' by patients:

Coronavirus: My Queens, New York hospital is at the center of the US crisis - Vox

The things she talks about really are things hospitals outside the current 'hotspots' need to do now and not when they are already swamped.

Last edited by whomario : 04-02-2020 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:59 AM   #3060
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
If kids return to school this fall (or to camps this summer,) what happens? Does the virus spread wildly among them, but with mostly mild/no symptoms? Does that mean we must continue to isolate their grandparents and the immunocompromised? Does there exist a path where a significant portion of the population can feel safe before the 12-18 month mark when there’s a vaccine? I would think we’d need MASSIVE testing to determine who has and hasn’t built up immunity. Again, as I mentioned well up thread, my entire family had an unknown respiratory illness with fever back in mid/late Feb. If none of us gets it for sure before the return to normalcy, there’s no way to know if we’re immune without mass testing.

I didn't watch all of the daily briefing yesterday (so may have missed a clarification, follow-up question) but Fauci said testing for anti-bodies was lower on the priority list.

I'm not sure I understood this but assume although we can test for anti-bodies now, those testing facilities/resources are better used to test if someone has it or not (and not whether someone already had it and recovered).

So yes, I think after we are over this hump there will be a lot of anti-bodies testing by this summer.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:02 AM   #3061
Edward64
Head Coach

More US unemployment nos. this morning. This should be fun ...

EDIT:

Quote:
The Labor Department reported more than 6 million people filed for unemployment benefits in the week of March 27. Economists expected another 4 million to 5 million workers filed for jobless claims last week as coronavirus-related shutdowns roll through the country. The estimates ranged as high as 9 million.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-02-2020 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:11 AM   #3062
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'm sure states have done similar things elsewhere, but in MI filing for unemployment is now split by last name; half each on alternating days. That's a bit of a sign how well the infrastructure is holding up to the demand.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:43 AM   #3063
Edward64
Head Coach

A little bit of good news ...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/01/whit...e-changer.html
Quote:
The first human trial testing a potential vaccine to prevent COVID-19 is “on track” with public distribution still projected in 12 to 18 months, which would be the “ultimate game changer” in the fight against the pandemic, White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday.

U.S. health officials have been fast-tracking work with biotech company Moderna to develop a vaccine to prevent COVID-19. They began their first human trials on a potential vaccine March 16.

The trial had to test three different doses of the vaccine, Fauci said, adding that they’ve already tested the first two doses and are now administering the highest dose to human volunteers to see if there are any adverse reactions to it.

“It’ll take a few months to get the data to where we’ll feel confident to go to the phase two, and then a few months from now we’ll be in phase two and I think we’re right on target for the year to year and a half,” Fauci said at a White House press conference with President Donald Trump’s coronavirus task force.

I wonder what the process is for these drug trials. Obviously some company has an opportunity to make a lot of money.

So let's say Moderna is showing good initial results, are they sharing what they are testing so other companies around the world can help out (e.g. speed up the process, do a broader trial etc.)? Additionally, wouldn't they be worried if another company claims they have the vaccine first (e.g. maybe because they were not as rigorous as Moderna and cut corners)?

Moderna doesn't seem to have financial incentive to share anything but yet they are obligated, ethically to do so. I'm guessing they are protected by IP or patents etc. somehow but not sure all that really helps in this global crisis scenario.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:33 AM   #3064
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
[i]ndividuals could have been infecting people before they ever felt bad, but we didn’t know that until the last 24 hours.

GA Governor, YESTERDAY! How could he not know that before yesterday?
Old 04-02-2020, 08:35 AM   #3065
bob
College Starter

Quote:
GA Governor, YESTERDAY! How could he not know that before yesterday?

i saw this online:

"There's a kernel of truth to what Kemp said about asymptomatic spreading, though he did a poor job explaining it.

It's old news that COVID-19 could spread without symptoms, but it's very recently that there's growing scientific support behind the idea that a huge portion of cases may have come from asymptomatic shedding. That's unusual compared to similar viruses.

Even the CDC is starting to re-evaluate recommendations (e.g., should the general public wear masks when not sick) because they weren't expecting these carriers to be this big of a problem just a couple weeks ago."
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:11 AM   #3066
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Florida now issuing statewide stay-at-home.
But don't worry - golfing is still considered an "essential" recreational activity.

Quote:
Golf received an OK under Florida's stay-at-home advisory, though other activities will be curtailed amid concerns the coronavirus is starting to take hold in there.
It's not being on the golf course. It's all the support workers necessary to maintain and run the operation which is what I object even more to...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:14 AM   #3067
Thomkal
Head Coach

Wimbledon cancelled for this year.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:34 AM   #3068
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Wimbledon cancelled for this year.

Not a fan of tennis but I think Wimbledon (and Golf) can be still be played on TV without any crowds (and with some additional controls). Not appropriate anytime soon because of all the deaths but once we get over the jump, I wouldn't mind it to help morale and getting back to sense of normalcy.

I think everyone all over the world is feeling like shit right now.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:38 AM   #3069
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Not a fan of tennis but I think Wimbledon (and Golf) can be still be played on TV without any crowds (and with some additional controls). Not appropriate anytime soon because of all the deaths but once we get over the jump, I wouldn't mind it to help morale and getting back to sense of normalcy.

I think everyone all over the world is feeling like shit right now.

My guess is it's the production. I would assume cameramen, video editing truck, announcers, security etc would be closer together than the two players. Agree though that sports would be great for morale and a huge boom for whatever league starts televising. (I haven't watched tennis in years but am so starved for sports I would probably watch tennis or golf)

I have a feeling that the NBA jump started the getting off our butts and doing something and they will probably lead the way in getting back to televising games etc.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:39 AM   #3070
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

A huge tournament like Wimbledon can't be held really, even after the peaks. Not just the players and the officials and the cameramen, but all the support staff that are required to maintain the court.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:54 AM   #3071
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
i saw this online:

"There's a kernel of truth to what Kemp said about asymptomatic spreading, though he did a poor job explaining it.

It's old news that COVID-19 could spread without symptoms, but it's very recently that there's growing scientific support behind the idea that a huge portion of cases may have come from asymptomatic shedding. That's unusual compared to similar viruses.

Even the CDC is starting to re-evaluate recommendations (e.g., should the general public wear masks when not sick) because they weren't expecting these carriers to be this big of a problem just a couple weeks ago."

But, in the last 24 hours?
Old 04-02-2020, 10:58 AM   #3072
Flasch186
Coordinator

I'm hearing more and more people toe the line of "Maybe this was planned by China" that leads me to believe that the conspiracy theorists and trolls are making headway. Sigh

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:21 AM   #3073
miked
College Starter

Yeah, I wonder what will happen with soccer. ATLUTD typically sells out every game, with some north of 70k crammed together. We are certainly second guessing our season ticket renewal as it is expensive ($3k for 4 seats) and the crowds. I imagine there are a ton of people across all sports that will be second guessing their season tickets.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #3074
Edward64
Head Coach

Who the heck would want to harm Fauci?
Old 04-02-2020, 11:30 AM   #3075
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Idiots who still think this is all a media hoax?
Old 04-02-2020, 11:31 AM   #3076
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Folks who think that the media is pushing this as "fake news" to harm the president. That he's "brainwashing" the President into not taking the actions needed. That he's part of the "Deep State".

I shit you not.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:37 AM   #3077
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Some guy just derailed a train because of the presence of a virus relief ship. There are plenty of idiots out there.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:39 AM   #3078
tarcone
Coordinator

A silver lining to this is that Murders are way down in St. Louis. And I imagine in most cities.

I guess thats something.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:48 AM   #3079
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
And it is paramount that every country gets cracking on getting current manufacturers what they need to expand and others to change their production to PPE if possible.
On of my friends works at the Honeywell down the street from my plant. He sent me this:

Honeywell Further Expands N95 Face Mask Production By Adding Manufacturing Capabilities In Phoenix

Quote:
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) today announced that it is adding manufacturing capabilities in Phoenix to produce N95 face masks in support of the U.S. government’s response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

The company’s Phoenix expansion, coupled with previously announced new production in Rhode Island, will allow Honeywell to produce more than 20 million N95 disposable masks monthly to combat COVID-19 in the U.S. New manufacturing equipment to support the effort will arrive in Phoenix beginning this week.

“We at Honeywell are proud of our role in providing essential equipment to the first responders and medical professionals we are relying on during this crisis,” said Darius Adamczyk, Honeywell chairman and chief executive officer. “We have moved quickly to expand our production capacity for N95 masks globally and are pleased to announce our second new U.S. manufacturing line to supply the Strategic National Stockpile.”

Honeywell anticipates that the new mask production line in Phoenix will create more than 500 new jobs in Arizona. The company has already begun recruiting, hiring and training manufacturing workers on the site. Today’s announcement brings the total number of U.S. jobs created by Honeywell’s new mask manufacturing capabilities to more than 1,000.

The N95 face masks will be delivered to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to contribute to the American stockpile for use to support health, safety and emergency response workers. The Phoenix facility will prioritize fulfilling the U.S. government’s procurement, but it will also have the capacity to produce face masks for U.S. states and American healthcare and emergency response organizations.

Pretty good news on all fronts. 20 mil masks a month plus another 500 jobs created.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:31 PM   #3080
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am fascinated to see how the American sports viewing public will receive televised games without fans and the normal atmosphere of sports here. Watching PSG v Dortmund on the IPAD at the same time Liverpool v Atlético Madrid was surreal. We are desperate so we will probably eat it up but it is definitely an adjustment.

The seven second delay better be working as you can definitely hear every word that is said on the field.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:47 PM   #3081
Edward64
Head Coach

Take this FWIW.

Wife received a text message from BIL who talked to a FDA friend. Friend said that cases of coronavirus is rising among the food processors and truckers. Friend said there will likely be shortages of vegetables and meat in the coming weeks.

Wife went to Costco, said there is a 30 min line outside and Costco is limiting no. of people in the store. She is going to Target/Walmart instead to buy meats we can freeze, frozen vegetables and top off the fresh vegetables.

Heard from a friend who heard from a friend and some stuff could be lost in translation.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #3082
RainMaker
General Manager

I was going to buy a freezer for the basement but apparently those are all sold out too.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:58 PM   #3083
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I was going to buy a freezer for the basement but apparently those are all sold out too.

Yeah, we got one and definitely comes in handy.

We have more food in the house than we've ever had before. Unfortunately more snacks also and I'm losing the waist battle.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:58 PM   #3084
Arles
Grey Dog Software

There's a local Texas Roadhouse near us that is selling uncooked steaks individually for between $7 and $10 (filet). We got 4 steaks (ribeyes and filets) for around $35. They are pretty high quality and I think we may continue to do that every couple weeks if quality meat is harder to come by in stores (plus it helps keep them in business). We've stocked up on ground turkey, some ground beef and diced chicken - but it's been hard to find a good steak and this filled that void.

Last edited by Arles : 04-02-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:02 PM   #3085
whomario
Pro Starter

One sneaky hot seller here have been stuff like paint, garden tools and soil (up like 500%)

Quote:
Take this FWIW.

Wife received a text message from BIL who talked to a FDA friend. Friend said that cases of coronavirus is rising among the food processors and truckers. Friend said there will likely be shortages of vegetables and meat in the coming weeks.

Wife went to Costco, said there is a 30 min line outside and Costco is limiting no. of people in the store. She is going to Target/Walmart instead to buy meats we can freeze, frozen vegetables and top off the fresh vegetables.

Heard from a friend who heard from a friend and some stuff could be lost in translation.

And that's the reason why there are shortages

Not saying there aren't issues in production/delivery but seeing some of the increases here (like an utterly insane 2500 % for canned goods or 150% increase on pasta) that'd be a loooot of extra man hours to make up for that.

Last edited by whomario : 04-02-2020 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #3086
whomario
Pro Starter

Scored a pack of Toiletpaper for my neighbours today though, so i take this as a good sign
Old 04-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #3087
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Yep. Everybody will be better off if everyone doesn't try to buy enough for two months (not saying people here are doing that, just in general). Where I'm at, supply of stuff is recovering pretty well. Bread and eggs were hard to come by two weeks ago, not anymore. TP is around occasionally, and potatoes that there was an initial run on. Flour, rice still a bit sketchy and a lot of things are lower than usual, but what I see is supply trending in the right direction.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:09 PM   #3088
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Folks who think that the media is pushing this as "fake news" to harm the president. That he's "brainwashing" the President into not taking the actions needed. That he's part of the "Deep State".

I shit you not.

The President said he was part of the deep state during a press conference a week ago. Not surprised his followers would believe that.

Quote:
Yeah, we got one and definitely comes in handy.

We have more food in the house than we've ever had before. Unfortunately more snacks also and I'm losing the waist battle.

Yeah I'd claim it was for frozen veggies and meat but it would just end up filled with frozen pizzas and crap.

For what it's worth, one of my brothers works as a scientist for a major food company. They own one of the biggest frozen food companies in the world (you would know their name). He said that the plants have been working like normal so far. Maybe that will change though.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:14 PM   #3089
RainMaker
General Manager

The CDC is located in Georgia.

Old 04-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #3090
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The 1 million confirmed cases milestone has been reached.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:17 PM   #3091
RainMaker
General Manager

This is kind of an interesting article on the toilet paper shortage. It's not just about hoarding, it's about people being home more. So there is less commercial toilet paper being sold and more consumer. Makes sense that schools, offices, and so on would not need as much. Also mentions food too. Never really think about the consequences of people spending all their time at home means a huge shift in how certain products are distributed.

https://marker.medium.com/what-every...e-c812e1358fe0

Last edited by RainMaker : 04-02-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:18 PM   #3092
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker

I don't … I can't even. I think this is clearly a lie, but it's a really stupid one. At this point just freaking come out and say what everyone knows already; we waited because we were afraid of the economic impact. Apologize for making the wrong choice and move on.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:26 PM   #3093
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Yeah, the commercial side makes sense. I have to go into an isolated part of my work (maybe 4 people there) about once every 2 weeks. And there is huge stockpile of TP (knowing I could swipe a couple rolls there is one reason I haven't freaked out about the shortage at stores). I do think many people are hoarding it (many for resale at higher margins). You can find a ton for much higher prices on Ebay. My bet is a bunch of people lineup at 5 AM every morning to buy their roll from 4-5 places and sell it during this. Plus, you have the normal people freaking out and buying in bulk (it's not like TP goes bad).

I really think we will see more restaurants acting as high end meat markets and produce stores in the coming week. I've seen places like Z-Tejas offer a collection of pasta, produce and other items for like $100. Some steak places are selling uncooked meats directly and so forth. It's a good way for them to get a little money and leverage their wholesale connections.

Last edited by Arles : 04-02-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:26 PM   #3094
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
The CDC is located in Georgia. less than 15 minutes from the Georgia Governor's Estate.

fixed

Old 04-02-2020, 01:32 PM   #3095
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Pretty sure this is fake news. It got blown up in TWD second season (ah, those early seasons were fun!).
Old 04-02-2020, 01:37 PM   #3096
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I just wanted to check because I know the CDC is super close to me (I go to restaurants across the street from it a bunch) - and I live 4.3miles from the CDC. When I went to Emory Law, my 1L parking was the parking lot that looked over the CDC.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:45 PM   #3097
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Does this mean Kemp takes over for Trump as the new Bagdad Bob?

Last edited by Arles : 04-02-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:51 PM   #3098
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Ohio has renewed their stay at home order until May 1st.

Businesses are now suppose to set limits on how many customers are allowed in their store at any given time.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:52 PM   #3099
miked
College Starter

I'm on my way to EUH shortly, I'll check at the CDC first.

It should come as no surprise that Kemp waited, a few weeks ago he said he was only following the guidelines of Donald Trump himself.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:57 PM   #3100
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Does this mean Kemp takes over for Trump as the new Bagdad Bob?

Oh com'on. Kemp is no where close to Bagdad Bob. He is one of a kind.

Trump may reach that level but he doesn't have the humorous entertainment value of Bagdad Bob.