Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-10-2021, 06:08 PM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Great turn around! I keep Haris starting.

I offer some of my youth for loan.

NB1 #19 – Away vs #2 Videoton – Uh oh. I begin defensively. They start with three injured players. Quiet game, 1 shot between us by the 20th. They score off a rebounded shot in the 36th. They score again 3 minutes later. Half, we are done, 2-0 with no shots on target. Show me something else. They score in the 48th. Poti for Fournier, Zamouri for Gabovda, Coulibaly to Arabuli on a counter in the 69th.Bodis for Kucera. Bernard Stjepanovic a late card. Vaida a card as well. We lose 3-1.

Time for Winter Break!

Here is the NB1

We are sitting in 8th, but we are one point from 9th but 5 points from 7th and 6th.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 06:36 PM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our squad heads on break and comes back next month on the 19th.

I have 650 in cash under my budget. I need to bring in a new defender during break and, frankly, I may need to bring in another under a loan. I hate loans as you are developing another’s players, but we really need the help and I don’t have the cash to do more than one new player! We need to improve my defense.

Haris got on well with Baratelo. Vincete loved the linkup with Dubek.

I offer my 5th DC for sale

I get a 20k offer for Baratelo who’s deal expires in a few months. Do I take it? I could start Haris and save 800/week! I do so. I extend Haris by two years.

Here are my players coming free

I offer extensions to these players – Horvath, what about my MR? I make an offer to Gabovda for one year. I hold off on Vaida.

Coulibaly dropped to 3.5 stars. But he’s 36 that’s allowed. I won’t reup him or Rudolf or Kucera for sure. Nor Bodis.

Horvath signs. I extend Kamaras.

I extend some staff as well.

Old 08-10-2021, 07:07 PM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I arrange some friendlies.

Batarelo signs!

Hazard wins Player of the Year

January

Jan 15th – Transfer window opens
Jan 27th – Home vs MFK Dukla Banska Bystrica, Friendky

Good training – None they are on break

I look for replacements for Kucera first. I move Kucera to backup. I don’t care about their being EU I just need anyone to stop this sieve.

I look to 23 year old Nikola Kovacevic from Serbia. I scout him and offer him a trial.

Next up? How about 34 year old stud Jérémy Toulalan Jérémy Toulalan Not interested.

Austria’s 26 year old Lukas Rotpuller? I scout him.

I make an offer to Nikola Kovacevic. I like him a lot. Serbia is outside of the EU, but beggars can’t be choosers.

We sign him!

Want to see him?

I am paying him 50 more than Baratelo. He’ 4.5 stars and arguably my best player. He’s young at 23 and I have the young hopeful for a while. Not one of those temp deals. Check out his speed, physical, great jumper and heading. His major weakness? Passing. But I cannot get everything. He replaces Kucera in my lineup. In my first year with Slovakian my first best DC I brought in in that opening year was a non-EU Serbian stud named Milan Milonovic. Can he be my studly Milanovic?

I had 650 under the budget, but I couldn’t keep him down, so I have 600 to shop for another improvement. My other starters at DC are Kovacs at 3.5 stars and Fournier who has been dropping and is at 3 stars. Can I find an improvement for Fornier?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-10-2021 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:33 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hmm…what about a youther? That would hit under my budget. If I am going to start a 3 star DC I’d rather they be one that could grow rather than a 34 year old. What can I unearth?

Welsh and Canadian James Graham? He;s EU now (Wales is leaving). He doesn’t want come to Hungary.

Peru’s Paulo Acosta? No EU here. He’s not interested.

Spain’s Antonio Mesa? I scout him.

Holland and Suriname’s Shaquill Sno? I scout him

Albania and Italy’s Marash Kumbulla? I scout him

I also scout Holland’s Bo de Bruijn

I think I figured it out. I make an offer to Slovenian and Serbian 19 year old Dominik Dinga.

He signs the next day!

I move Fornier to rotation. He signs for a pricey 375 for a hot prospect but he’s worth it as a four star guy with potential. I assign him to Fornier’s role.

Key question, can upgrading my DCs to 4 and 4.5 star players stop my goaling problems?

I offer Kucera for sale as he is now my 6th DC

Old 08-10-2021, 08:56 PM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I accept two offers for him. I sell him for 0 and free up another 850.

Any other youth I want to bring in?

Just one, French ST Tony Santiago. I make the 19 year old an offer.

My Serbian scout is hired by Debrecen and I hire another - Blazo Raosavljevic.

The window opens! Goodbye Batarelo!

Our backup GK for sale leaves. Santiago signs. I look for a youth to be my 3rd GK and I offer a hot prospect deal to French GK Andrea Gambetta.

I sign Gambetta. He comes in as a 2 star backup. Santiago disappoints as 2 star, I though he’d be better.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:12 PM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I reject loan offers for Haris. Vicente has risen to a 3.5 star player. Ideally, if he keeps growing, he’ll be my starter at MC next year. That’s the same rating as Bernard. Let’s compare them:

As you can see, Bernard is better at aerial, defending, and attacking and vision and a bit of physical, and Jose is better at technical and speed. I’ll keep Bernard in for the 2nd half.

Baranowski is the same rating as Haris at DMC. Who so I run there?

They are tied in a few. Baranowski is better at speed and aeriel and Haris better at mental, def, and vision. I’ll leave Haris in.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:35 PM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Friendly #1 – We win 4-3. MOM is Rudolf

February

Feb 3 – Friendly – Home vs Szakoly
Feb 10 – Friendly – Home vs Veres
Feb 17 – Friendly – Home vs Lokomoto
Feb 24 – Home vs Torna

Good training – Arabuli, Cerny, Baranowski

A contract is offered for Siger for next year.

Friendly #2 – We win 4-1.

Friendly #3 – We lose 3-1

The Transfer deadline is here. It arrives.

Friendly #4 – We win 2-0

Old 08-10-2021, 09:56 PM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NB1 Game #20 – Home vs #1 Torna. I begin countering. Woodshed time! They have early initiative. They score off a counter in the 34th minute. They have 10 shots and 6 on target so that’s fair. They score in extra time. Get better!!! We only have 3 shots 1 on target, Dubek intercepts the ball and feeds an attack by Arabuli for goal in the 55th. I send in Fornier for Kovacs. They score in the 63rd. Rudolf for Coulibaly. Haris out for Baranowski. They score in the 83rd. We lose 4-1 against the league winning team. No shock here.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:12 PM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March

March 3 – Home vs Vasas
March 10 – Away vs DVTK
March 17 - Away vs Mezőkövesdi SE
March 31 – Home vs Akademia

Good training – Cerny, Kovacs, Dinga

Our trainees arrive!

I review them and Molnar especially. They aren’t…good.

Any good Hungarian youth elsewhere that were brought in?

There are a few that would make our senior squad like János Dobos for Ferencvaros and Gergő Sáfár for Vasas seems like he has great potential. I scout some youth and add some to short lists for future growth.

Old 08-10-2021, 10:25 PM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I go to the board and ask for a new deal and they agree to extend me.

NB1 Game #21 – Home vs Vasas – I begin countering against our #7 foe. This is the battle of the Team I am and the Team I was. They get a card in the 4th minute. They push aside our attack. In the 15th minute, Coulibaly finds Gabovda on an attack run and crosses to him for goal. They have us right where they want us! We injure one of their players. Half, we have 8 shots to their 4, we each have 2 on target. Don’t get complacent! They don’t! In the 55th off a Dubek corner kick feeds Arabuli who heads to Fournier for goal! They score off a cross in the 62nd. I send in Baranowski and Vicente. Then Poti heads in. 4 minutes. We…hold and win 2-1! Weird! MOM is Coulibaly

Old 08-10-2021, 10:49 PM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We extend my deal by a year.

NB1 Game #22 – Away vs DVTK – 3rd in the league, and we are playing defensively. Vengeance!!!!!! Quiet early momentum. They push forward and then score in the 23rd. They sink a PK a few minutes later. Half. Get Better! They do! In the 49th, Bernard grabs a loose ball on a IFK and sinks it. Fouriner for Dinga. They score in the 61st. Poti for Kovacs. Baranowski for Haris. 4 minutes. We lose 3-1. They finish to 17 shots to our 15.

Coulibaly is out for a few days.

Wanna see the NB1 after 2/3rd?

We are still sitting at 8th and you can see that the distance between us and moving up the chart is still around 5 points for both places above us. We are 2 points up over Paski.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:07 PM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NB1 Game #23 – Away vs Mezokovesd – We have two wins against them. Can we go 3 for 3? I am starting Vicente today and Fournier and Rudolph for an injured Coulibaly. I begin defensively. We have the early initiative. In the 22nd minute Arabuli drives the corner and crosses to Rudolf for a score. They score in the 37th. Half. Keep it up! Baranowski for Vicente. Dinga for kovacs. Perez for Vaida. Can we get a late score? We haven’t. 3 minutes. We tie them 1-1 which favors us, they have 19 shots to our 9. MOM is theirs. We took 7 points from them.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:32 PM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My 5 international callups, in case you care:

Vincente – U19 Spain
Cerny – U19 Czech Republic
Arabuli – Georgia Senior Squad
Tiago Leal - Portugal U19
Milan Kovacs – Hungary U19

I move Dinga and Coulibaly back to start. I leave Vincente in at MC.

NB1 Game #24 – Home vs Akademia – They just fired their Manager and hired a new one and this home game is his debut. I begin countering. They have lost their last 5 games. We give up a PK in the 22nd but Scribe stops it. We injure one of their players and they have to sub off. Minutes fade. Half. Keep it up! They only have 1 shot on target and that’s the PK. Gabovda feeds a cross to Coulibaly for goal in the 58th. Alex Perez for Vaida. Fournier for Nikola my new DC. Can we hold and win? Bernard for Vicente. Dubek sinks a Pk in the 77th. 6 minutes. Wow. They score in the 91st minute. Full time. We win 2-1. MOM is Dubek. We handed the new manager a loss in their first game.

Paksi lost so we put space between us at 9th. But we are still far away from getting to 7th.

Old 08-10-2021, 11:58 PM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

April

April 7 – Home vs Debreceni Vasutas Sport Club
April 14 – Away vs Honved
April 21 – Away vs Ujpest
April 28 – Home vs Paksi

Good training – Leal, Coulibaly, Baranowski

I move Bernard back to MC.

NB1 Game #25 – Home vs Debrecen – They are 10th and we need a result to keep our 4 points in 2 games momentum. I begin countering. I start Baranowski for Haris. Here we go! Baranowski an early card. Dinga feeds Coulibaly on a deep attack on a counter for goal in the 11th minute. No surprise they score in the 16th. Minutes ebb away. They push aside our offense in the early 40s. We give away another PK and this time they miss. Half, 1-1. I am not pleased with that sloppy half! Vincete for a carded Baranowski. They score in the 59th. Fourier for Kovacs. Dinga a card and Poti heads in. I move to control to get a goal. In the 88th, Gobovda hits Dubek for a driving goal. Can we hold? 2 minutes later, Couliably feeds Arabuli for a goal! I slide to defensive. 5 minutes. Can we hold? Nice late comeback win!

Wanna see?

Here you go! 7 points in 3 games, nice.

Old 08-11-2021, 12:01 AM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The league after 25 games

As you can see our big 3 game points has brought us into shouting distance of 7th. We have 9 points between us and Paksi at 9 and are looking good.

Old 08-11-2021, 12:21 AM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

But now our form is about to drop as we head to Honved, last year’s champion and this year’s 3rd placed team. I haven’t played up in a single game this year.

NB1 Game #26 – Away vs Honved – Haris is starting at DMC. We are defensive. Here is where our good form ends. I would be fine with a light loss. Here we go! They score in the 28th. Then again in the 31st. Arabuli intercepts the ball and scores in the 37th. Gavbovda a deep pass to Coulibaly for goal in injury time. Half, we scored a late equalizer. Don’t get complacent. Can we steal a win from Honved? Probably not but we’ll see. They score off a counter in the 48th. Ah well, there went that dream. They only have three shots on target. Hey get a card. Fournier for Kovacs. Perez for Vaida. They score in the 72nd. Poti for Dinga. Haris with a late card. 4 minutes. We lose 4-2. Unlucky!

Old 08-11-2021, 12:26 PM   #67
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I move Cerny to start at MR which I am training him at. I hire some staff for my U19 squad. Romanian Attila Salamon at U19 Gk, and Antonio Ghomsi from Cameroon and Marlon Pedulu English U19 fitness coach.

NB1 Game #27 – Away vs Ujpest – the 12th team in the league I begin defensive. Can we steal away points against the worst team in the league? They have early momentum and then it dies around the 15 minute. They have all of the early advantage, by the 30th they have 10 shots to our 2. In the 39th, they foul us in the box and up steps Dubek and he…sinks it! That’s not going to stand for long. Half. Don’t get complacent! In the 51st we give up a PK and block it but the rebound goes in. Perez for Vaida. Coulibaly to Arabuli on a break away in the 65th minute. They score in the 71st. Fornier for Kovacs. Vicente heads in. 5 minutes for us to steal a win or stop them from doing so. In the 91st Coulibaly feed Arabuli on a counter and we are up 3-2. I think that’s our first extra time goal scored. Can we hold on?

We do! Arabuli is the MOM.

Old 08-11-2021, 12:47 PM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That win moved us up to 7th

NB1 Game #28 – Home vs Paksi – This is the 10th team in the league – I begin countering. Can we get more points from the bottom of the league? I leave Cerny at MR since he got a 7.1 last game in his first start. Vaida feeds Dubek for goal in the 9th minute. A few minutes later they foul Arabuli in the box and…it’s a PK by Dubek and…he sinks it and we are up 2-0. Back and forth ensues. Half. Don’t get complacent! Gabovda for a tired Cerny, who was at 7.5. Rudolf for Coulibaly. Fournier for Kovacs. 3 minutes. Can we hold and get a rare shut out?

We do! Shutout! Nice!

Old 08-11-2021, 12:56 PM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Back to back wins baby!

5 games left! Can we continue our roll and finish in the top half at #6?

May

May 5 – Away vs Haladas
May 12 – Home vs Videoton
May 19 – Away vs Torna
May 26 – Home vs Vasas

Good training – Leal, Vicente, Marki

I leave the 7.5 and 7.1 starting Cerny in for another game.

Coulibaly won Goal of the Month!

I link up Baranowski and Gabovda

Old 08-11-2021, 04:50 PM   #70
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NB1 Game #29 – Away vs Haladas – This is a big match, as they are one point behind us in 8th If they win they’ll flip around us. If we win we should avoid relegation! I begin defensively. That’s a fast 20 minutes. They have all of the next 13 minutes momentum. By the 30th they have 6 shots, 5 on target. They score in the 39th. My stud 4.5 DC misses a header and the shot sinks in the 42nd. Cerny feeds Dubek on a counter, and he scores. That’s Cerny’s first assist and Dubek’s 10th goal. They score in extra time. Half 3-1 them. Show me something else! They have TEN shots on target! Rudolf for Coulibaly. They score in the 57th. Fornier for Kovacs. Perez for Vaida. We injure one of their players. They get a late card. They score in the 89th. We lose 5-1!

Nasty. Every time you think we have a good run we return to form. That was just the 8th ranked team!

Cerny finished with a 6.3 rating in that awful match and I move my Ukrainian starter back.

Old 08-11-2021, 05:08 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I move Vincente to start.

We dropped to 8th again.

Alex Perez is out for a couple of weeks.

NB1 Game #30 - Home vs #2 Videoton – I begin countering. Woodshed time! Shoot, this is the game that should be 5-1. I’ll take a quiet 2-1 loss. We still haven’t played up to any of the heavies in 3 games a year against them. Will today’s home game be different where we get points against a major team in the division? Probably not. Vengeance! We shut down their early attack. They score in the 18th minute. Sigh. By now they have 6 shots and 4 on target. We injure one of their players and they head off. By the 33rd we have 6 shots to their 7 but just two on target, but that’s good. Show me something else! I send in Zamouri for a wounded Vaida. Here they come. We survive. They score in the 62nd. Fornier for Nikola. Gabovda feeds Arabuli on an attacking run for a score in the 66th. Poti for Dinga. Can we steal a tie? Haris a late card. We lose 1-2

Well, that was not a surprise

Here is the league with 3 games to go

As you can see we have dropped back hard to 8th after two losses. We have 10 pints over 9th so we cannot fall past 8th, but we are 4 points down from Haladas and are unlikely to cross in three games.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-12-2021 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:27 PM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As you can see we have dropped back hard to 8th after two losses. We have 10 pints over 9th so we cannot fall past 8th, but we are 4 points down from Haladas and are unlikely to cross in three games.

15 matches lost in a season is a new record for us. But to be fair we’ve never been in the NB1 either.

I link up Bernard and Zamouri.

NB Game #31 – Away vs Farencvaros – The Top team in the league. I begin defensively. More woodshedding happens. I am starting Bernard at MC rather than Jose Vincente. Here we go! Quiet. By the 25th minute they have 3 shots and none on target to our 1 and 1. Half, they have 8 shots 0 on target. Vengeance! They score in the 48th. They sank their first shot on target. They score in the 53rd. Baranowski for Dubek. Rudolf for Coulibaly. Fournier for Nikola. Can we get a score to prevent the shutout? 4 Minutes. No late theatrics, we lose 0-2.

Two games left

Rudolf announces his retirement at the end of the season.

Old 08-11-2021, 05:46 PM   #73
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Siger’s loan ends and he returns.

Coulibaly announces his retirement.

Perez is back from his injury

NB1 Game – Away vs #5 Vasas – We are not likely winning this one. I begin with a defensive mind set. Vengeance! This is the penultimate match of the season for us. Arabuli is injured and I send in Rudolph for him. On a counter in the 37th, Dubek feeds Coulibaly for a goal! Nice! Half. Don’t get complacent! I doubt this result stands, but I’ll take a loss that began with a 1-0 us at the half. Minutes melt rapidly. Coulibaly feeds Rudolf on an attacking run in the 55th and we are up 2-0! Wow. That’s won’t last long. Cerny for Gabovda. They score in the 73rd. I knew there was no way that was holding. Fornier for Kovacs. They tie in the 76th. Are we giving this away late? Can we steal a tie? 4 minutes. We hold and tie 2-2. MOM is Coulibaly in his 2nd to last game of his career. They had 16 shots 9 on target to our 7 and 4.

Arabuli is out for 2-3 days with a twisted ankle and will start the finale.

One game left

Old 08-11-2021, 06:08 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Honved, who knocked us out of the Magyar Kupa early won it all.

June

June 2 – Home vs DVTK (Diosgyori on the table) –

Good Training – Cerny, Dinga

NB1 #33 – Home vs DVTK- I am starting my three major young youth today, and we are countering. I’d love a win to send off our season but our position is locked in. Have fun!!! They have an injury in the 1st minute at the 0:43 mark. A quiet first 12 minutes. They score in the 21st off a corner kick. Half. We have 8 shots but none on target. I send in Rudolf for Coulibaly so they’ll both play. Perez for Vaida. Fornier for Dinga. Come on Rudolf! Perez gives up a PK in the 88th and they sink it. We lose 0-2.

The end of the season!

We finished in 8th. Not the season I was aiming for.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-12-2021 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:10 PM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have a lot of work to do!

My goals for Balmazujvaros

Year One
1. Steer clear of relegation. DONE, Year 1 - Ideally, finish in the top half of the NB1. NOPE
2. Build up the youth team. DONE, Year 1 – My best win.
3. Turn my squad into a winning squad, NOPE
Year Two and On –
4. Finish in the EURO top 3 spots.
5. Do some damage in the EURO
6. Build V Balmazujvaros into the biggest club in the NB1
7. Win the NB1
8. Get to the Champion’s League.
9. Turn Balmazujvaros into a powerhouse of Eastern Europe like Red Star, Sparta Prague or Dinamo Kiev.
10. Secure Balmazujvaros fiscally
11. Get Balmazujvaros to the point that it will continue it’s dominance after I leave.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-12-2021 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:26 PM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My Team starter assessment and what I expect to do with them moving forward from 1-3.

GK Scribe – 1 - I thought I had my solution, but he hasn’t played as well as I need at this level. I am likely to look elsewhere for replacement

DC Kovacevic – 3 – Locked it at a 4 star rating.

DC Kovacs – 1 – Looking to replace the 3 star DC and captain

DC Dinga – 2 - Now just a 3.5 rating, could turn into my top sub.

DMC Haris – 3 – 3.5 stars is not where I want to be but Baranowski is 4 stars and growing.

MC Bernard 3 – Fine at 3.5 star, but no major impact on the game. However Vicente is 4.5 stars and growing and will likely start here next year. I move Bernard to rotation.

AMC Dubek – 3 – 4 stars, 7.05 rating, played very well at attacking. Good year from him, not looking to replace him.

MR Gabovda – 3 – 4 star rating, 6.97 rating, extended for one year until Cerny steps in. Cerny is 4 star and growing.

ML Vaida – 0 - 3 star, contract ending next month, counts as my valuable foreign slot, moving on from him.

ST Arabuli – 3 – 4 stars, young, plays great, 7.06 rating, not looking to replace him

ST Coulibaly – 0 – retiring, must replace, 7.05 rating.

My goal is to use Dodoi as my primary backup ST next year unless I come across a good one.

I finished with four starters I inherited – Vaida, Gabovda, Arabuli and Coulibaly.

We need:

Starting – DC, ST, ML, - for sure
Maybe GK, DC

Backup – a better winger than Zamouri or Alex,
4th ST to run behind Dodoi.

Old 08-11-2021, 06:46 PM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NB1 Stats

MOM - Coulibaly led our team with 4 tied for 6th in the league.

Distance Covered – Dubek 2nd, Gabovda 6th, Bernard 7th

Distance covered per 90 minutes – Gabovda 2nd

Form – Arabuli 16th with 7.06

Headers Won – Fournier - 216 for 8th place

Goals – Arabuli 3rd with 17, Coulibaly 5th with 14.

Avg Min/Goal- Arabuli 8th, Coulibaly 9th

Shots – Arabuli 2nd, Coulibaly 4th, Dubek 6th

Shots on Target – Arabuli led with 56! Coulibaly was 6th. Dubek was 10th

Shots on Target % - Arabuli 5th with 52% – pretty good

We scored 52 goals 3rd most in the league, 58 was the most so we weren’t far off.

Assists – Vaida 6th with 8, as is Dubek and Coulibaly. Gabovda and Arabuli were with 6

Key Passes – Dubek First with 68, 15 more than 2nd! Vaida 10th

Chances Created Dubek in 1st with 27, Coulibaly 4th with 23

Pass Complete % - Bernard 2nd

Dribbles/Game – Arabuli 7th

Offside – Coulibaly – 101, 1st – that’s not good

None of my players have more than 1 mistake that led to goal. How did we have so many goals?

None are in the top for mistakes either

Key headers- Kovacs is 8th

Interceptions Made – Fournier 11th

Headers Won % - Kovacevic - 7th. Good for the guy!

Shots Blocked – Kovacs 4th; Fournier 11th

Shut outs – Scribe had 3 and his replacement 1

Scribe allowed 57 goals.

Saves held - Scribe 7th

Saves Parried – Scribe 1st with 50, more than 12 by others.

Scribe was top ten in both saves held and top of parries. My d wasn’t causing massive errors.

Arabuli and Coulibaly and Dubek were a trio of 4 star players and they dominated on offense. Why couldn’t my new D play the same? When you look at the stats, Scribe was stopping a ton of shots. Who is to blame? Scribe? My D?

Old 08-11-2021, 06:56 PM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here, let’s play a game. Let’s compare Scribe to a player with 15 shut outs – 3rd best in the league over at heavy Videoton. Statistically, he is supposed to be the 3rd best GK in the league. Let’s compare him with Scribe

As you can see, Scribe is better at shot stopping, physical, aerial, mental, and speed. Tujvel is better at distribution and communication. How do they have radically different stat sheets?

Let’s make that comparison with the top GK in the league for the top team.

As you can see, they are tied for shot stopping, dist, physical and mental, and Scribe is worse for aerial and speed. He’s he worse player, sure, but he’s not that much worse right?

What is going on here?

No idea!

Old 08-11-2021, 08:12 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

MC Bernard’s Nov 24th goal vs Ujpest was the Goal of the Season! I congratulate him!

Our end of the year stuff. As you can see, Arbuli was the young player and fan’s player of the year. Dubek was the signing of the season. I really liked our triumvirate in attack and they were all our fans’ top players as well! Dubek is a good choice as he was probably the best performing of the ones I brought in.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:58 PM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I hold my end of the year meeting and tell them a want a mid table finish next year and they all agree with me.

My board give me a big financial bonus – 50k/week budget and 150k transfer. Nice!

The upgrades to training and youth facilities has begun

Anyone coming free I want to bid on?

Let’s look at ST first. Can I find a tag partner for Arabuli and Dubek? I scout some options, and I do the same at ML, DC and GK.

I am looking at a target man coming free at ST. How about Columbian Duván Zapata? He was made an offer by Napoli. What about Jón Dađi Böđvarsson? I scout him out. Scotland’s Matt Smith?

I add to my shortlist free GK Victor Rîmniceanu of Romania and Xabi Irureta a Basque SpainishGK.

Over at ML/Winger I look at no one yet, none of the will sign for me. I push back that decision until later.

DC? I hold off for now as well. Sometimes someone who doesn’t want to play for you will change their mind once they come free.

Dodoi started in this division and had an 7.03 rating.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:55 PM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Pre-season is over!

I welcome my team back and hold my meeting.

The board agree to increase our scouting network by one.

I offer Rudolf a role to be my new scout. He signs

The domestic transfer window rises

The Hungarian Division fell 5 spots from 39th to 44th.

I get an offer for Poti. Accept? Yes. Dude is 30 and my 5th DC.

Videoton earned a sweet 6.75 mill in sponsor money last year.

We have the option to create a B Squad for next year. I do so!

We get improved payroll for scouts

I arrange friendlies.

GK Victor Rimniceanu agrees to join us! I offer Scribe for sale.

Friendly #1 – Home vs Dabas – We win 3-0

Poti signs

Haladas has made an offer for Scribe for 50k. I accept.

I offer Coulibaly the head coach role for my B team as he wants to go into management and he looks quite good.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:14 PM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We sell Scribe.

June 30th is here

Leaving the club – Vaida, Siger, and Erdei

I sign Mirko Teodorovic as the AssMan of the 2 squad

We lose our General Manager and I don’t intend to bring in one

Contracts leaving in a year

I hold off on Dubek or Arabuli until I have more time to see what they can bring to the table. I offer a few youthers to extend like Kovacs.

Friendly #2 – Home vs Dunaharaszti – We win 2-0.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:23 PM   #83
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July

July 7 – Friendly, Home vs Ujpest
July 14 – Friendly, Homs vs Paksi
July 21 – Away vs Budaorsi
July 28 – Home vs Kisvarda

Good training – Cerny and Leal

I confirm our pitch dimensions

We sign our new GK!

Here is Rimniceanu! He is a studly GK and is coming in at 4.5 stars. Now…I am paying the stud a real 1.8k/week amount as well as just a two year deal in case he sucks.

Here is his comparison to Scribe

As you can see, Victor is better at everything save for pure shot stopping where he is only one behind Scribe. And they are tied physcially. I need this to work!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-11-2021 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:38 PM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, next, how about a DC to repalce Kovacs?

My 2nd option is pricey, but young. I make him an offer Marc-Oliver Kempf. 23 years old German.

I scout other DCs and ML.

Hmm

I get an offer for Gabovda for 110k from Debrecen. Do I do it? I have coverage with Cerny and I could sign a replacement backup.

Let’s see what would happen if I did

Gabovda is better at aerial a lot, a bit better attacking, better vision and Cerny is better with speed, physical, technical and mental. About the same really. I take the offer.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:52 PM   #85
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now I look for an ML that can play Winger. My top 4 aren’t interested or are too expensive. 5? Okay, let’s make an offer for 21 year old English Brandon Barker.

He joins us the next day

Barker is my most expensive hot prospect deal I have. He’s a 4.5 star player, and I have him for just two years as his technicals aren’t amazing with just 13 cross and 14 pass. My other choices were also better defensively since we only have one player on the wing and that’s my preference. But he’s a hot prospect I can loan out if he underplays. Barker is also going to be foreign in a bit after the UK leaves the EU, so I swap one foreign player for another, which I don’t like. Let’s see how he plays!

Old 08-11-2021, 11:09 PM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Next is a tag team partner for Dubek and Arabuli. This time my 1st choice, Joseph Mendes, is free, and I make him an offer. He joins shortly thereafter.

Here is Mendes! He’s not my typical young guy, but he is a great ST with 16 fin, 15 head, and 14 jump so I love him as a target man next to Arabuli. I also have him for just two years in case he busts and he’s older. 4.5 star rating. Mendes you are filling big shoes!

Old 08-12-2021, 12:14 AM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our expectations are a mid table finish.

Are there any youth I want to pursue?

I make these offers

Aus 18 year old ST Kevin O'Dwyer

15 year old Pol DM Rafal Posmyk

We sell Gabovda

Friendly #3 – Home vs Ujpest – I want to close my preseason with the two relegated teams from last year. We draw 1-1.

My youth sign. I see O’Dwyer as my backup to ST.

Do I want to bring in another DC to start? Hmmm…I don’t see any good enough that are interested.

I also don’t see a good sub to bring in for Perez and Zamouri.

Could I transfer one?

I don’t see any affordable MRs that can play MR in a sub role.

DC? None that are interested in me.

Cheap youth for sale? How about Hungarian future studs? I make some offers.

I purchase 18 year old ST AML Hungarian Kevin Csoboth for 30k. He’s on the U19 Hungarian squad, and is a hot prospect for me with 3 stars.

I purchase 16 year old DC Gergő Sáfár from Vasas for 25k. 1 star current but 4 star future.

Do I accept a loan offer for Haris? I can start Baranowski. I hold off.

Friendly #4 – Home vs Paksi – We win 3-1

I massage my set pieces.

I promote Dubek to captain and Kovacevic our vice

I give a leave of absence to one of my Portugal youthers.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-12-2021 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-12-2021, 12:27 PM   #88
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am using these first few games as a barometer to see where my team is after our acquistions before things go crazy.

NB1 Game #1 – Home vs Budaors – I begin standard against last year’s promotion. We are domianting the early game but no goal comes of it. We have the momentum in the first half. Half, we have 15 shots, but just 4 on target. Ten minutes roll off the clock. They get a card. Kovacs for a tired Kempf. I move to control. Fournier for Kovacevic. They get another card. Bernard for Vincent. Can we get win? 5 minutes. No we can’t. We had 22 shots, on target, none sunk. We were blanked by their GK, and Cerny is MOM with an 8.3 rating.

This was a loss by our offense not our defense. We shut them out!

Just for funsies, here is their GK

Here he is! That’s the guy who shut us out.

If we can’t finish a game like this with 22 shots and a win this is going to be a long season.

Old 08-12-2021, 12:50 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NB1 Game #2 – Home vs Kisvarda – Another promotion team – I stay standarding. Here we go! They score in the 16th. Here we go again. Their scorer gets a card. They score a PK given by Dinga. They score an OG in the 34th. Half. They have all of the shots. 11 shots for us, 10 for them. Kovacs for Dinga. In the 66th, Dubek feeds Vincente for goal on a corner kick. That ties it! I move to control. They get another card. A few minutes later Dubek feds Kempf for goal on an IFk. Baranowski for Haris. Dodoi for a banged up Arabuli. In the 87th, they foul Mendes and up steps Dubek and..we sink it. We win 4-2, MOM is Dubek!

That was a CRAZY game!

Old 08-12-2021, 12:58 PM   #90
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have 4 points and a shut out in 2 games, but those were against the promoted teams. How will my team respond to pressure from better clubs?
We had FOUR players in the Team of the Week.

August

Aug 4 – Away vs Debrecen
Aug 11 – Home vs Mesokovezdi
Aug 18 – Away vs Videoton
Aug 25 – Home vs Haladas

Two more easy games to start the month before the heavy that finished 2nd last year.

Good training – Dodoi, Cerny, Baranowski

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-12-2021 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:47 PM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I get a loan offer for Csoboth. Do I want to loan him out? Let’s look. 2.5 star current rating, ST, AMRL, 18.hot prospect, high potential future. I see him as my 4th ST behind Dodoi and my starters. But a key player loan out in this division is likely to help his development more. I accept. I can recall him if needed.

Haris has fallen to 2.5 stars and I move in Baranowski to start for him. I list Haris for loan.

NB1 #3 – Away vs Debrecen – We begin defensively against one of the worst teams in the league last year that wasn’t relegated. Can we get some points? Let’s find out! I am starting all three of my good youth from last year and the future of our team – Vicente, Cerny and Baranowski. Pick up where you left off! The early match is rather exciting with a lot of back and forth before things settle down. Then they take control of the game. They score in the 26th on their 8th shot of the game. They turn aside a nasty DFK from Dubek. Half. Show me something else! We’re just down by one, this is doable. We wo the last match by 2 after being down at the half. They score an unmarked goal in the 56th. I send in Zamouri for Cerny. Perez for Barker. Kovacs for Dinga. Kempf a card. We just didn’t show up. They had 21 shots and 2 goals, fair for that amount, and we had 11 and 6 on target. Again, we are shut out and don’t show up in three games against winnable teams.

Old 08-12-2021, 05:20 PM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Haris doesn’t like that he was loan listed but I tell him it’s good for his development and he accepts it. I get 5 loan offers and I accept every one with a first team or key player role.

Csoboth heads out on his loan.

I reject an offer to loan Dinga.

Haris heads out.

The board gives me permission to hire another coach, I place an advert

NB1 #4 – Home vs Meskovezdi – I begin standarding against them. We got 7 points against them last year, can we win a home game? I put Laslo Lazi on bench to maybe give the youth a sub if we are dominating. Have fun! Arabuli is opened by Dubek, and then slides the ball to Mendes for a score and that is Mendes’s first goal for us, and that was in the 3rd minute. They hit us on a counter 1 minute later. This is going to be one of THOSE games… They score in the 6th. They get a card. Mendes slides the ball to Barker in the 9th and he score his first goal for us as well. Wow. 5 minutes passes and we aren’t a 3-3 score. Arabuli drives the corner, crosses to Mendes for a goal in he 25th. We are up 3-2. That won’t last long. I pull Kempf for Kovacs after he collects a card. Arabuli intercepts the ball and hits Mendes for a hattrick in the first half. 4-2 us. They score off a corner in the 39th. 4-3 them. Half, get this, they have 3 shots on target and we have 4, so al 7 goals in the game were the only shots on target. Don’t let your performance levels drop! Another card for them. I pull Dinga for Fournier after he gets a card. And another card for them. Zamouri for Cerny. They level in the 75th. I move to control. They score off a corner kick a few minutes later. In the 81st they get another yellow and that person already had one, so that’s 11-10. I push forward. Can we win this late? Baranowski a card. We lose 5-4, MOM is Mendes.

We cannot do well in this league as long as we cannot stop shots. They had SIX shots on target and scored 5 goals.

That was the highest scoring match in the NB1

Old 08-12-2021, 05:48 PM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So far we are getting a game where my offense shows up, (Games 2 and 4), but not my defense, or my D has a shut out or 2 goals in 22 shots and shutting out my O.

I loan out Milan Kovacs

NB1 Game #5 – Away vs Videoton – I begin defensively. This will be a good barometer as we play against a real threat away. Woodshed time? They score in the 5th. We injure one of their STs and they head out. They score in the 27th. They score in the 33rd. Half. That was absolutely terrible! We each have 10 shots. Dubek to Mendes, goal, 52nd minute. Well we won’t be shut out this time. Kovacs for Kempf. Fournier for Nikola. In the 69th, Vicente feeds Barker for goal and that brings us to 3-2, can we steal a point? Bernard for Baranowski. 5 minutes is a lot of time. Barker steals the ball, feeds Mendes who drives the corner and crosses to Arabuli for goal in the 92nd minute! Can we hold on and tie 3-3 after being down 0-3 at the half? Against Videoton

We hold on for the tie! I’ll take it, that’s a very strong tie.

Old 08-12-2021, 06:05 PM   #94
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, let’s look at my starters after 5 games.

Here are their rankings:

GK Rimniceanu 6.74
DC Nikola 6.58
DC Kempf 6.84
DC Dinga 6.62
DMC Baranowski 6.82
MC Vicente 7.20
AMC Dubek 7.22
ML Barker 7.38
MR Cerny 7.32
ST Arabuli 7.28
ST Mendes 7.56

As you can see, all of my ST and non-DMC middies have a rating above 7.20 and that’s with two times my O was shut out in five games. But my defense just isn’t cutting it. Kempf is not bad and he was 6.2 in the last match so he’s doing well. What else could be happening? Nikola Kovacevic has dropped to 3 stars, Dinga the same. Is it them? I just can’t keep throwing new DCs at the mix, at some point we have to realize it’s something else.

What else could it be? My tactics? I’ve run this tactic to great success in Fm18 before. I used the 3-1-3-1-2 to win in Slovakia and Romania and France.

Last year Kovacevic was 6.51 in rating, worse than the small sample size thus far.

What could I do that would keep my good offensive and midfield in their place?

I could move my DMC over to fullback and a DC to fullback and then slide into a 4-3-1-2. I’d need to pick up two strong FBs. I begin practicing that in my #2 spot.

Let’s try that out I’ll also work on a replacement for Nikola. I move him to rotation.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-12-2021 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:55 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Arabuli is dropping to a 3.5 by the by.

I make an offer for another fitness coach, Alfonso Azurza a Spanish fitness coach. He joins us with a 4 star aerobic rating.

I make an offer for DC Ross McCrorie from Scotland.

Any FBs for free?

I scout 34 year old DL Benoît Assou-Ekotto

I make an offer to German DR Dennis Diekmeier who is 28. He’s really good and would be one of my best players.

Unsigned D RCL Fankaty Dabo is scouted as my primary backup. I also look at DRL Pietro Beruatto.

I make an offer to Benoît Assou-Ekotto, Dabo, and Beruatto, that’s two starters and two backups.

Benoît Assou-Ekotto rejects me. He accepted an offer elsewhere. My next choice is Spain’s Toni Dovale. I make him an offer.

Dabo and Beruatto both join me on the same day

Dabo – 21, hot prospect, 650/week, 2 year deal, D CRL, WB RL, 3.5 star rating, English

Beruatto – Italian, 19, hot prospect, 750/week, 1 year deal, D LR, 3.5 star rating

Dovale rejects my offer as well. My next offer is for Thomas Salamon?

We purchase McCrorie for 55k.

Here’s the 19 year old hot prospect Ross. He’s a four star rated player, with solid stats all over. I move him to replace Kovacevic in my lineup.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:04 PM   #96
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dennis Diekmeier joins us the day before my next match

Here’s my best FB. He’s a nasty stud. I am only signing my pure FBs for one year in case this experiment doesn’t work, he’s best at FB R. 16 cross? Just 11 pass though, and not amazing def. abilities. 4.5 star player!

Old 08-12-2021, 07:42 PM   #97
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NB1 Game #6 - Home vs Haladas – I begin standard. We are facing Scribe today. We’ll run our old tactic this game as I don’t have a DL starting quality yet. I start Ross today alongside Kempf. Vicente feeds Dubek on an attack run goal in the 12th minute. By the 15th minute we have 6 shots, 5 on target to their 1 and 0. A quiet moment ensues. Half. Don’t get complacent! We have the early offense in the 2nd half. Their goalie, Scribe, fouls Mendes in the box, gets a card, and we have a PK. Dubek sinks it. Kovacs for Dinga. I send in Aus ST O’Dwyer for Mendes who isn’t playing well to give him 25 minutes. They score in the 74th. They get a card. Nikola for Ross. Can we hold and win? 4 minutes of injury time. We hold and win 2-1. MOM is Dubek.

Good win!

Old 08-12-2021, 07:43 PM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

None of the other FA DRs are good enough so I make an offer to one. Spanish Riki Mangana. We sign Riki Mangana for 50k.

Here he is! As you can see, he can play a bunch of spots, and is coming in at 18 years old and with a 2 year deal at hot prospect for 800/week.

I move Mangana to start at DL and my German star at DR, and then I slide to my new tactics. Let’s see if this is what is happening.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:13 PM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

9 players called up for international duty

Deadline day is here

I accept offers to loan Dinga for first team play.

I accept a loan offer for Bernard. He heads out. Dinga does as well.

The deadline passes.

September

Sept 1 – Away vs DVTK
Sept 15 – Home vs Honved
Sept 22 – Away vs Vasas
Sept 26 – Magyar Kupa, 1st Round – Away vs Létavértes SC '97
Sept 29 – Home vs Torna

Good training – Baranowski, Safar, Posmyk

NB1 Game #7 – Away vs DVTK – I begin defensively as we try out my new tactic. Quiet match until Dubek hits Kempf on an IFK in the 17th. They score in the 33rd. They hit paydirt again in the 44th. Half. They have 15 shots to our 5 so the 2-1 line feels correct. Cerny intercepts the ball and scores in the 50th and we’re tied. Dubek misses a PK in the 55th. It’s one of those games. Another PK and this time Dubek scores, weird. Dabo for Mangana. Kovacevic for Ross. Cerny feeds Arabuli on an attack run in the 71st. Arabuli to Vincente for goal in the 73rd. I send Dodoi for Arabuli. They score back in the 76th. Mendes feeds Dodoi in the 88th for a goal in his debut. Cerny feeds Mendes in extra time for goal! We win our first match in our new tactics but we still allowed 3 shots.

Here’s the score board!

My offense showed UP in this game. We both had 20+ shots and their 25 shots and 3 goals is about what you would expect.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:53 PM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That game also set a record for the highest scoring game.

We sign a new deal with Vincente with a 1.5 mill release clause.

NB1 Game #8 – Home vs Honved – This is a heavy. We’ll need to show up. I begin countering. Vengeance!!!! Barker to Arabuli on a counter for goal in the 4th minute! The early game is all us. They hit us on a counter in the 17th. Half. We have 12 shots to their 5 and 7 on target to their 3. The first half was all us, we just need more goals. The next half begins. Zamouri for Cerny. Nikola for Ross. I move to control. Dabo for Mangana. Can we earn this win late? 4 minutes. Dubek feeds Mendes on an attack run in the 91st and we are up 2-1. I slide back to counter. We hold and win 2-1 and that’s our first win against a heavy!

Nice right! We are now 2-0 since switching tactics and we only allowed one score to a big hitter! We have won 3 in a row.

Want to see the table? Okay!

We are in a big tie with Debrecen, Akademia and Ferencvaros with 14 points each, and one of the worst teams in the league last year is top with 16. Our tie again Videoton was a key point. We have just two losses in 8 games. Good stuff!