Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-18-2007, 03:21 AM   #151
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Visions of Tomorrow and Yesterday Intertwined

15 February, 1588 – My explorer is coming back from a deep Indian Ocean trip where he opened up some sea lanes, but I’m not sure he can make it back to my colony deep it the Spice Isles. I send requests for military access to Malacca, Brunei and Atjeh. Each has around an even chance of giving me the requisite access. None do. Just have to hope my ship and explorer can make it back, but it’ll be tight.

19 March, 1588 – A level two fort is completed in Savoie.

23 March, 1588 -Our fleet arrives back in the Sea of Ternate, and will dock soon. It was down to 12%, and would have been destroyed on 1 April, 1588. I came within one week of having my vessel and explorer destroyed.

31 May, 1588 – Rio expands

1 June, 1588 – I send a colonist to Sao Tome. The natives there are more aggressive than they are in Rio, so let’s finish it out first.

3 July, 1588 – RM: Saxony

5 July, 1588 – Aragon rejected a royal marriage offer.

1 January, 1589 – I order a constable in Venice and a customs house in Liguria.

13 February, 1589 – Sao Tome expands and more colonists go there.

18 August, 1589 – Austria declared war upon Saxony. I join my allies. I intend to send no armies north.

3 September, 1589 – RM: Burgundy

20 October, 1589 – Halmahera expands.

28 October, 1589 – Sao Tome expands. I send in more colonists.

1 January, 1590 – I order courthouses in Tripolitania and Damatia. I order a customs house in Venice.

1 April, 1590 – A level 3 stability tech advisor arrives in Corfu. I hire him and jettison my treasurer that added to our trade tech development.

With my new stability advisor, I feel that it is time to move into a new phase of my life.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:57 AM   #152
Lithium
n00b

Damn, this is a great campaign. Going from a small Greek province to a Mediterranean power with African and South American colonies... it makes a great story. Go on, and make Naxos the new Rome!
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #153
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
23 March, 1588 -Our fleet arrives back in the Sea of Ternate, and will dock soon. It was down to 12%, and would have been destroyed on 1 April, 1588. I came within one week of having my vessel and explorer destroyed.

Something I found out by accident. If you lose a ship, you won't lose the explorer/admiral. They go right back into your pool.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #154
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Plans Afoot

I order preparations for war.

13 July, 1590 – Sao Tome expands. I send more colonists.

16 August, 1590 – I accept a white peace from Saxony.

4 October, 1590 – RM: France

1 January, 1591 – I send a colonist or three to Halmahera.

I am about to do something I haven’t done but once this game, and also something that I have never done at the same time.

I switch national ideas. I am leaving behind Scientific Revolution and taking Deus Vult.

My stability drops to -1.

And then I declare war on Tunisia.

My allies join me. The Mamluks and Morocco join Tunisia. Blood will flow. Oh yes, it will flow.

To prepare for this war, I have done the following things.

1). My main army is in Tripolitania, with 5000 calvary and several thousand infantry. The purpose of this army is to sweep east quickly – attacking and defeating all opposition as it goes.

2). The army (around 5k infantry) that I normally have in Tripolitania is in the Castillean province of Gabes – adjacent to Tunis. It will march in, besiege Tunis and annex the country.

3). A decent sized army is in ships off the coast of Cyprus. It is ordered to land in Beirut, and they’ll move south or siege, whichever is needed.

4). 5000 troops and the requisite ships, plus the Caravel are in Little Karoo. They will be ordered to sail up the coast of Africa and land in the back of Mamluks, thus hiting them from behind. This will not occur for several months, in order to draw out the Mamluk troops towards one of the two ends of their empire to fight armies 1 and 3.

That’s my battle plan. Here we go.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:23 PM   #155
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Plans Undone

19 January, 1591 - My troops land in Beirut. I order a quick assault.

27 January, 1591 – My main army arrive sin Sirt and engages defensive forces here.

29 January, 1591 – The Siege of Tunis has begun

31 January, 1591 – After a quick siege, Beirut has fallen to us. I order them to Damascus.

1 February, 1591 – Our stability increased

2 February, 1591 – I order a quick assault of Tunis. We defeated the Mamluks in Sirt. I order my forces to move inwards. My troops in Tunis can take these provinces once Tunis falls to us.

18 February, 1591 – My troops arrive in Damascus. I decide to begin a siege.

20 February, 1591 – My troops in Tunisia failed to capture the city in an assault and continue the siege.

1 March, 1591 – Our stability increases to 1

We defeat the retreating Mamluk troops in Cyrenaica. I order my main army eastward.

27 March, 1591 – Sao Tome grows and is now a full city. I‘ll look at it after the war.

8 April, 1591 – Our main army has won the battle of Libya. I order them to Asyut.

18 April, 1591 – Damascus falls after an assault. Another assault on Tunis fails.

3 May, 1591 – A Mamluk force arrives in Beirut to begin a siege.

5 May, 1591 – I order my main forces into Cairo itself.

13 May, 1591 – The Siege of Cairo begins.

11 June, 1591 – My northern army arrives in Judea and begins a siege.

1 July, 1591 – RM: Burgundy

Our army in Judea is met by some angry Mamluk troops.

5 July, 1591 – After another assault, Tunis falls. I order my troops eastward to Sirt.

7 July, 1591 – We defeat the Mamluks in Judea.

9 July, 1591 – Tunis has been annexed.

15 July, 1591 – Our army from Little Karoo has arrived in the Suez. I order my troops to disembark and do some fighting

3 August, 1591 – Damn Aragon declares war against us. Castille and Tuscany join us, but Austria runs away. I have a bunch of troops stationed in Valencia that I wasn;t using. Hopefully I can distract Aragon with those and, say, Castillean troops until the war is over. Burgundy and Portugal joined Aragon. Burgundy I’m worried about, but I guess we’ll see how it goes.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #156
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Death Continued

I order an assault of Cairo. Have to end this now.

19 August, 1591 – Cairo falls.

20 August, 1591 – Morocco offers a white peace, which I accept.

I order my troops to Alexandria. Capture it, force it in peace, and then move on to Aragon.

I order a bunch of troops built in Northern Italy.

29 November, 1591 – Mamluks recaptured Beirut

5 January, 1592 – Judea fell to us.

15 January, 1592 – Sirt fell to us.

29 January, 1592 – I order my newly built northern army into Savoie to break the Burgundy siege.

15 February, 1592 – We break the siege.

3 March, 1592 – Alexandra fell to us.

6 March, 1592 – The Mamluks rejected my offer of peace for Judea and Alexandria. I order my army to Delta where we’ll keep seiging.

10 April, 1592 – I reject a peace offer from Mamluks for Sirt, Damascus and Judea.

12 April, 1592 – I can’t drag out the Afrcian war any longer now that I have European powers to concern myself with. I offer peace for just Alexandria. Mamluks accept.

24 May, 1592 – I have sent the Burgundain defenders away in Frenche-Comte.

8 June, 1592 – We have driven the Aragonese out of Sardinia and begin a siege.

3 September, 1592 – We drive the Aragon forces from The Baleares

11 September, 1592 – Frenche-Compte fell to us.

11 October, 1592 – Portugal accepted a white peace offer.

29 October, 1592 – RM: Castille

1 November, 1592- Our production tech increases

25 November, 1592 – After several sea battles won and lost by us each, I manage to sneak 5000 calvary into Valencia. I am about to attack Barcelona.

2 February, 1593 – After a massive battle, we drove the Aragonese forces from their own capital and began a siege.

10 April, 1593 – Barcelona fell.

30 April, 1593 – The Baleares fell

1 May, 1593 – Our naval tech increased

7 May, 1593 – Our troops broke the siege at Valencia.

25 July, 1593 - I order a siege of Aragon

12 September, 1593 – My forces are pushed out of Frenche-Compte, and th Burgundy forces begin a new siege.

3 November, 1593 – Sardinia falls.

12 November, 1593 – Frenche-Compte fell to Burgundy.

16 November, 1593 - One of my admirals has died.

20 November, 1593 – Aragon fell

23 December, 1593 – Aragon accepts peace for The Baleares and Sardinia. That drives Aragon out of the last non-Iberian Mediterranean province.

24 December, 1593 – Burgundy rejects a white peace

28 February, 1594 – Burgundy keeps rejecting our peace offers.

20 March, 1594 – Our explorer died.

27 March, 1594 – A large Burgundia force arrives at Savoie. Anticipating such a move, I landed 4000 calvary, 200 infantry and my leader to bolster up the northern army.

4 May, 1594 – We won the Battle of Savoie of 1594.

6 May, 1594 – Burgundy rejects our white peace offer. Fine then. I order my troops back into Frenche-Compte

1 June, 1594 – Dalmatia is now a core province.

14 June, 1594 – We win at Frenche-Compte

17 June, 1594 – They reject another peace offer.

27 June, 1594 – Even more Burgundian troops arrive to protest our presence in Frenche-Compte

24 August, 1594 – After another long battle, we drive the Burgandy troops back.

26 August, 1594 – Burgundy rejects yet another white peace offer.

1 October, 1594 – Sao Vicente is a core

21 October, 1594 – Sweden was annexed by Norway.

17 December, 1594 – I capture Frenche-Compte. I send a white peace offer.

18 December, 1594 – Burgundy accepts peace.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #157
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 January, 1595 – Let’s survey the new provinces, in order of newness:

Tunis – Located in North Africa, the province of Tunis features 284195 people live and work here. The Berber Sunnis work the grain trade. I order a Courthouse built here. They currently send me a mighty 1.56 ducats, but we’ll work that out.

Alexandria – Our third Center of Trade, the Egyptian province of Alexandria is located near the Nile. 191536 people call Alexandria and the surrounding province home. The wool trade is the poison of choice here. 4.21 ducats are sent to us annually, and again, we’ll work that out. The people here are Sunni and al Misr Arabic. It comes with a temple, courthouse and workshop.

Sao Tome – A former Venetian colony that we were able to expand during the war, Sao Tome hosts 1409 Lombard Catholics in this Sugar city. 23.56 ducats are sent home annually.

The Baleares – These islands off the coast of Aragon are fairly poor. Captured mainly because of their strategic location, The Baleares 17645 Catalan Catholics fish the mighty Mediterranean. With a temple, courthouse, marketplace and workshop, the people here make around 6.31 ducats for us annually.

Sardinia – One of the final Lombard provinces that were not in our grasp, Sardinia is an island in the Great Sea. The 73326 Catholics here work the barely lucrative fish trade. They send us 8.36 ducats annually. The province comes with its very own temple, marketplace, courthouse and workshop.

Rio de Janeiro – After capturing the provinces from Aragon but before peace with Burgundy, we finished Rio de Janeiro’s colonization. 2067 Lombard Catholics work the sugar trade here. They send us 24.41 ducats annually in trade.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:31 PM   #158
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I need to decide where to send more colonists. A few ideas:

Santo Amaro – The link between Rio and Sao Vincente, it’s another sugar province. No reason not to maximize our connection. There are 1000 natives here with a low aggressive ness and a 65 chance of taking initially, which jumps significantly after you set up, obviously. The taxbase here is just one, however.

Tahiti – Way out in the Pacific we discovered Tahiti. It’s a spice province with 1000 natives of a low aggressiveness. It would take us 551 days to settle here, but there’s a 75% chance of taking initially. It would help us navigate around the world to have a colony in the Pacific. Tax value of 3.

Mosquito – A province on the east coast of Central America, this coffee province features 2000 natives of low aggressiveness, a tax value of two and a 69% chance of taking with our first colonists. This province is adjacent to the Mayans.

Taiwan – Want a valuable province no matter how long it takes to send colonists, how aggressive the natives are, or how close you are to China? Then go for Taiwan.

Mataram – High taxvalue of 8 meets spices meets large number of natives meets long travel time and some aggressive ness on part of natives.

Mauritus – An island in the southeast Indian Ocean, this is a sugar province with 500 natives and no aggressiveness. This colony would have a good taxvalue in 5. A 78% chance of taking with our colonists meets 483 days lead time.

Cape – Adjacent to Little Karoo. This is a wine province with no aggressiveness natives and just 500 of them. It also has a 7 taxvalue, and 358 day travel time and 78% chance of taking. Mauritus would be better because of the trade value of sugar vs wine, but Cape has the higher taxvalue and would set up more quickly.

Bahamas – An unclaimed cotton province near Turks Islands. This place features 5000 natives, so it would become a nice province quickly. They are of medium aggressivenss, so we’d need to concentrate on colonizing here as fast as possible. The taxvalue is a 2, which is lower than I’d like, and the chance to take is 68%. I’ve seen better.

I’ve also found some gold provinces in exotic places like near Kamchatka and near Alaska.

Looks like my real options are Cape, Santo Amaro, Bahamas, and Tahiti. The others are in places that are either worse than one of those four options or do not help me as much geographically.

I decide to axe the Bahamas. It’s low taxvalue, gamble with the natives, and commitment to work on it to the exclusion of finishing Halmahera makes it an unruly choice. I don’t want both Halmahera and Tahiti on my queue – takes too long. That leaves Cape or Santo Amaro.

Both are adjacent to current colonies. After careful consideration I decide to send out colonists to Cape.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:03 AM   #159
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Sideline of Years

18 January, 1595 – Austria agrees with our royal marriage proposal.

3 February, 1595 – I get a Boundary Dispute. I choose to press the issue and gain cores on four adjacent provinces to Alexandria. Our relations with Mamluks plummet, but they were already really low.

13 February, 1595 –The Cherokee inherited the Creek

1 March, 1595 – Little Karoo is now a core.

4 April, 1595 – I accept another alliance offer from Austria.

1 June, 1595 – Our government tech increases. We can choose a new national idea.

I take the National bank without much hesitation. We need to fix our inflation.

20 October, 1595 – Halmahera expands

25 December, 1595 – We establish a colony in Cape

1 January, 1596 – I send out colonists to Cape and Halmahera

14 January, 1596 – Portugal wrests one of our cardinals away from us. We are still the Papal Controller with two cardinals and Portugal has two cardinals. I want to remain the controller because of the increased badboy reduction and decreased stability costs.

18 July, 1596 – RM: Tyrone

15 August, 1596 – RM: Saxony

26 November, 1596 – Portugal are now the new Papal Controller

25 December, 1596 – Cape expands.

1 January, 1597 – I order colonists to Cape and level one forts built in Sao Tome and Rio.
I also incite rebellion at Ternate. My spy is captured but succeeded. Their rebellion rate is up. Hopefully some rebels will arise in Ternate. My hope is that rebels will capture Ternate, Lithuania won’t care, and after a few years, they’ll jump to Naxos. This is my first use of a spy in this game. I’m hoping I’ll like it and keep using them.

11 May, 1597 – I get New Land Claimed in Halmahera. I can increase my taxbase, manpower, or both for an additional cost of 30 ducats. I choose both.

29 July, 1597 – RM: Lithuania.

1 October, 1597 – I choose to move my slider one towards free trade again. Our stability dropped,

20 October, 1597 – Halmahera expanded,

1 November, 1597 – Our stability increased back to 1

25 December, 1597 – Cape expanded.

1 January, 1598 - Colonists leave Naxos bound for both of our colonies.

I order a Constable built in Alexandria

25 December, 1598 – Cape expands.

1 January, 1599 – We discover Ethiopia. I send them a free trade agreement. I send colonists to Cape. I order a Customs House built in Napoli and Ferrara.

27 January, 1599 – I send a new spy to Ternate to incite rebellion again. He succeeded and was not caught.

1 March, 1599 – A great admiral of ours died today. Sad.

1 September, 1599 – I decline an alliance offer from Novgorod.

20 October, 1599 – Halmahera expands.

25 December, 1599 – Cape expands.

1 January, 1600 – Colonists are dispatched to our two colonies.

25 December, 1600 – Cape, grow, yadda

1 January, 1601 – Send more colonists to Cape. Our trade tech increased. We gained cores in Nice and Piedmont. I also decide to send colonists to Santo Amaro. Halmahera becomes a city with the colonists en route, so I need a new colony, and Santo Amaro makes perfect sense.

20 September, 1601 – Our colonization attempt to Santo Amaro failed. I send in more colonists.

5 October, 1601 – Guglielmo III has died. Giacomo III is or new king. He is: Admin 8, Military 5, Diplomacy 8. Pretty good.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:51 AM   #160
Tellistto
College Prospect

What is your military tradition? Have you thought of hiring generals while it's high? Using your monarch is great and all, but should he die in battle without an heir, you might be royally pissed with what might happen with all those royal marriages you have. No telling who might suddenly control your empires future.

Creating Dynastic ties with other countries also creates heirs to your country, remember.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #161
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
What is your military tradition? Have you thought of hiring generals while it's high? Using your monarch is great and all, but should he die in battle without an heir, you might be royally pissed with what might happen with all those royal marriages you have. No telling who might suddenly control your empires future.

Creating Dynastic ties with other countries also creates heirs to your country, remember.

Tell

My tradition is very, very low.

I think two of my leaders that died did so during war.

Royal marriages, are, in my opinion, great ways of bumping your realtions with others. Lt's be honest. inheriting the Modena provinces really gave us a nice jumpstart to. Right now, the only nation with a royal marriage to Castille is us. Imagine us inheriting all of that, for example. It's worth the risk. Plus, my monarch is a better general than anyone else (well, he normally is, I don't think the new guy is). I use him as my hammer army, not for any of my anvils. The anvils get the hardest work.

-Anxiety

Old 03-19-2007, 09:38 AM   #162
Tellistto
College Prospect

Thanks for the reply. I completely agree with the fact that inheriting Modena was your ticket to where you are now, was just pointing out a small concern with the use of the monarch and what could happen should no heir be present. I don't know that you could be inherited by another country or not, but I do know that you could be forced into a dynastic union where you have very little control over your country until the king of the other country dies. That'd put a real spanner in the works, as the saying goes.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #163
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Brief Interlude

19 October, 1601 – Castille declared war against Morocco. I join my ally.

20 October, 1601 – Halmahera expands.

Halmahera – The largest of the spice islands, Halmahera is a spice province with 1520 Lombard Catholics working the trade here. 19.82 ducats are made here annually.

25 October, 1601 – RM: Austria

25 December, 1601 – Cape grows.

1 January, 1602 – RM: France. Colonists: Cape. Level one fort: Halmahera. Constable: Abbruzzi.

4 March, 1602 – RM: Denmark

19 May, 1602 – I accept a white peace offer from Morocco.

8 June, 1602 – Santo Amaro is set up. I send in more colonists.

20 June, 1602 – I get colonist expansion. Cape gets 200 colonists.

I also get a Boundary Dispute event with provinces like Provence and France. I choose to settle it. No way am I starting a French-Naxosian war.

25 December, 1602 – Cape expands, and with those 200 colonists, is now a city!

Cape:

1531 people work the winefields in this quiet South African province. 15.14 ducats are made here by the Catholic and Lombard people.

10 February, 1603 – Our other admiral has died.

8 March, 1603 – Santo Amaro expands. I order in more colonists.

14 March, 1603 – 3 calvary regiments arrive in Minas Geras, a gold province interior to our own coastal provinces. I order my men to attack the aggressive natives. I tend to clean this province out then colonize it.

16 April, 1603 – The natives are wiped out. Colonists are dispatched.

30 May, 1603 – 150 Years in the Making

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-19-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:11 PM   #164
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

How big is your royal family to have all of these royal marriages?
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:20 PM   #165
thealmighty
Pro Starter

What are your total army numbers (inf, calv, etc,...) and number/type of ships? How does that compare to any other power...if you have any kind of knowledge of that variety at all?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #166
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 150 Years Review

Our 11% inflation in 3rd worse in the world.

We have the sixth highest income in the world.

Liguria sends us the most taxes, followed by Venezia.

After the gold province of Santana, Lombardia is the greatest production maker for us.

China outnumbers us with four centers of trade.

I have 44 regiments of infantry, 14 of calvary, 2 of artillery.

2 caravels, 1 galley, 1 cog, 14 flytes and one early frigate that I captured from Aragon.

A look at our provinces, this time by geography:

Greek: The following provinces are our Greek provinces – the heart of our realm historically.

Naxos – This Orthodox wine province features 9994 people making us 14.92 ducats annually. It has a workshop.

Athens – 55626 Orthodox fishermen work the seas here, making us 8.33 ducats. It has a workshop and is no longer a core of the Ottomans.

Morea – 16887 Orthodox wine growers make 15.28 ducats annually for us. It comes with a workshop and is no longer an Ottoman core.

Rhodes – 49149 fishermen here are also Orthodox. 4.57 ducats are made annually in this province. It has a workshop.

Cyprus – 30458 Orthodox folk ply their trade in the wine business. 16.79 ducats are made here annually. This province features a workshop.

Crete – 7.87 ducats are made by the 26304 fishers in this island. The Catholics here have a workshop.

Corfu – A temple, workshop and courthouse adorn this sleepy Orthodox island. 20232 fishermen make 5.32 ducats for us annually.

Italy: All of these provinces are Catholic. This category will be subdivided by culture.

Lombard: These are the Lombard provinces.

Ferrara – 156239 people harvest salt here. The province has a workshop, temple, customs house, university, marketplace and constable. 31.34 ducats are made here.

Modena – 103940 people work the wine trade here in Modena. 27.29 ducats are made. This province features a university, temple and workshop.

Parma – 151002 winegrowers create 29.76 ducats for us. A temple, university and workshop dot the skyline.

Liguria – This center of trade feature 332206 people making wool and 19.26 ducats, almost all in taxes. It comes with its own constable, workshop, temple, courthouse and customs house. It is a core of Genoa.

Nice – This sleepy coastal provinces features many fishing villages housing 52057 people. 8.38 ducats are made annually by the marketplace, temple, workshop and courthouse.

Piedmont – The 150779 people make 29.74 ducats growing an harvesting wine. The province has a customs house, temple, courthouse, university and workshop.

Savoie – 37681 people live and work here, making 27.06 ducats. The province has a temple, marketplace, workshop and courthouse. Cloth is grown here.

Lombardia – The cultural heart of this district, Lombardia has 384314 people making cloth. The province features a constable, workshop, temple and courthouse. 40.27 ducats are made here annually.

Brescia – Another cloth province, the 31.09 ducats are made annually by the 158785 people. A constable, workshop, temple and courthouse dot the landscape.

Mantua – 80785 farmers grow grain in this province. They have a courthouse, workshop and constable. 9.45 ducats are made here each year.

Venezia – Another center of trade, this province just works the fish trade, with 999679 people working here. It features a shipyard, customs house, constable, courthouse, temple, marketplace and workshop. It is a core of Austria. 22.73 ducats are made here.

Sardinia – The island of Sardinia 79094 people specializing in the fishing trade. 8.67 ducats are made here. The place has a temple, marketplace, workshop and courthouse. It is a core of Aragon.

Umbrian: These provinces in Central Italy are predominantly Umbrian.

Romagna – 191668 people work the salt trade in this province that is also claimed by The Papal States and Aragon. 32.03 ducats are made annually here. It has its own university, constable, workshop and temple.

Ancona - 99719 wool harvesters make us 6.84 ducats annually in this core province of Aragon. Temple, marketplace, workshop and courthouses add an aura to the town.

Abbruzzi – Our final Umbrian province, 19.67 ducats are made annually by the wine trade, worked by 66617 people. This is an Aragonian claimed town. The place came with a temple, marketplace, constable, workshop and courthouse.

Sicilian: These provinces are Sicilian

Napoli – 576858 wine growers work the markets here. This city comes with a constable, workshop, marketplace and customs house. 29.97 ducats are made in this province claimed by Aragon

Apulia – 95822 people work the salt trade here making 19.45 ducats annually. This province is a core of Aragon. Just a workshop, courthouse and temple lie here.

Calabria – 92153 fishermen make 6.85 ducats, core of Aragon, has a workshop, courthouse, temple, and marketplace.

Messina – 9.15 ducats are made in this fishing village. Aragon claims her as a core. It comes with just a workshop. 148,204 people live here.

Palermo - Only a constable and a workshop are used by these 213380 wine growers who make us 27.04 ducats annually. Aragon likes this place and has a core here.

Elsewhere in Europe: The following provinces are in Europe. All but Dalmatia are Catholic.

Malta – The Maltese fishermen number but 16247 and have a workshop. It is a core of Aragon and makes us 4.70 ducats annually.

Dalmatia – This former Croatia and Hungarian and Venetian province is now in our hands. The people here are Reform. It is claimed by Hungary. 26904 people make wool here and send us 2.06 ducats annually. There is a workshop and courthouse here. The people here are Croatian.

The Baleares – This former Aragonian province is still claimed by her. 19033 fisherman work the Mediterranean. The Catalan people make us 6.23 ducats. They have a temple, workshop, marketplace and courthouse.

Valencia – 152494 Catalans work the grape vines and making wine. 25.15 ducats are made by the Catalans. Aragon claims this as a core. It features a workshop, marketplace, courthouse and temple.

Africa: These three provinces are all Sunni.

Tripolitania - This ivory province has 64129 people and a courthouse and workshop. 22.89 ducats are made here. The people here are Tuareg.

Tunis – 1.94 ducats are made by the 300327 people that work the grain fields here. The Berbers have a courthouse.

Alexandria – 211036 al Misr Arabics work the grain trade in this center of trade. 5.39 ducats are made annually by these people with a constable, workshop, temple and courthouse. This is a core of Mamluks.

Colonies. These are all Catholic and Lombard. None of them have any city improvements beyond a fort.

Turks Islands – 2779 cotton growers make 21.32 ducats for us.

Santana – Gold is featured in this colony. 1760 make 44.46 ducats here for us.

Sao Vicente – 26.90 ducats are made by the 2506 sugar growers here.

Halmahera – Spice is the order of life here. 1520 people make 19.99 ducats for us

Sao Tome – 1507 people make us 23.67 ducats from the sugar trade.

Rio de Janeiro – 24.54 ducats are made by the 2211 sugar workers.

Little Karoo – Sugar is also a way of life here for the 1848 people that make us 26.05 ducats.

Cape – Wine is the key ingredient here. 15.94 ducats are made by the 1537 people here.

On the way – Cape Verde, Santo Amaro. Colonists are trying to settle at Minas Geras.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #167
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
How big is your royal family to have all of these royal marriages?

I don;t have that many RMs anymore. Sweden, Britain, France, Castille, Saxony, Austria, France, Burgundy, Lithuania. Sometimes Tyrone or Norway. Vassals cant give RMs, and certain government types can't either. That's why I can't diplo vassalize Tuscany - I can't get a RM with them.

That's not that many marriages in this time in Europe, especially for a large power. Compared to the real life Hapsburgs that positively small.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #168
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
What are your total army numbers (inf, calv, etc,...) and number/type of ships? How does that compare to any other power...if you have any kind of knowledge of that variety at all?

My totals should be in the above 150 review, I beleive. I wrote it an hour ago, so I can't remeber for sure.

Now I'll rarely see other countries entirely, and a fog of war is over everything except my allies, and states adjacent to me or my troops or my allies. I see that Castille has more troops than me, but Castille has a more territory than me. I have more than Aragon, and you would exepct me to. I believe I have less than the Ottomans from what I've seen, and I think I have more than Mamluks.

I have a whole lot less than Austria, and I have less than Burgundy from what I've seen. My economy can't take all of that soldiering during peacetime and it certainly can;t build soldiers during war.

I beleive I have my armies stationed in Valencia, Dalmatia, Alexandria, Tunis, Little Karoo, and North Italy.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:32 PM   #169
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

New European Map:

Old 03-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #170
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Diversions in Coffee

8 September, 1603 – I recruit a new explorer.

6 October, 1603 – I get an event – Good Government Policies. One options allows me to increase my stability two, one allows me to invest in government tech and the third allows me to get 500 ducats. I choose the double stability growth. We jump from 1 to 3!

5 December, 1603 – Santo Amaro grows.

13 December, 1603 – We have set up a colony in Minas Gerais.

1 January, 1604 – I send colonists to Santo Amaro.

1 July, 1604 – Our trade tech increases

5 July, 1604 – I want another “colony.” I decide to take a shortcut and declare war on Bali. I have five regiments of troops ready to unload here in the Indies.

All of our allies join us. Champa joins Bali.

21 July, 1604 – We land and attack the Bali defenders.

31 July, 1604 - Our general died on the battlefield.

13 August, 1604 - We defeated Bali and captured their capital because it has no fort.

14 August, 1604 – Bali accepts annexation. We now have Bali Lombok as a province in our nation. That gives us a truce with Champa.

I order a Courthouse built here, because the people here do not like me right now.

Bali Lombok:

This coffee province has 114060 Hindu Sulawesi people. They make 32.23 ducats for us annually.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:39 PM   #171
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Intersections in Time and Space

30 September, 1604 – Santo Amaro expands and I send in more colonists.

1 November, 1604- Halmahera is now a core province.

1 January, 1605 – I send colonists to Minas Gerais.

I sack my stability advisor.

29 June, 1605 – Santo Amaro expands

1 August, 1605 – I get a new colonist and send him to Santo Amaro.

17 August, 1605 – The courthouse in Bali-Lombok is complete. I order a fort built here.

30 September, 1605 – Minas Gerais expands

1 October, 1605 – Our production tech increases.

1 January, 1606 - I submit plans for a workshop to be completed in Tunis.

21 February,1606 – After a short life, my explorer died.

30 April, 1606 – Santo Amaro expands and more colonists are sent.

6 May, 1606 – The Oirat Horde offers us an alliance. I respectively decline – since they are in Asia.

12 June, 1606 - Norway has entered into a personal union with Denmark.

25 June, 1606 – RM: Ethiopia

1 August, 1606 – I send colonists to Minas Gerais.

17 August, 1606 – A fort is built in Bali-Lombok. I order a workshop.

RM: France

1 January, 1607 – Our government tech increased.

28 January, 1607 – Santo Amaro expands.

1 February, 1607 – We send more colonists to Santo Amaro

10 May, 1607 – Minas Gerais grew

1 July, 1607 – I recruit an admiral.

12 September, 1607 – Ethiopia was annexed by Swahili.

7 October, 1607 – RM: Funj

31 October, 1607 – Santo Amaro expands, more colonists, etc.

11 April, 1608 – RM: Norway

30 July, 1608 – Santo Amaro expands. I send a last group of colonists.

1 August, 1608 – Rio de Janeiro is now a core province of ours. I send colonists to Minas Gerais.

30 April, 1609 – Santo Amaro expands and is now a full city.

Santo Amaro – The link between our South American holdings, this Catholic Lombard sugar province has 2035 and makes us 24.18 ducats annually. I order a fort here.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 AM   #172
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Battle Lines Being Drawn

11 May, 1609 – Minas Gerais expanded and I quickly dispatched more settlers.

30 June, 1609 – I have a Rush of Colonists. Three extra colonists arrive. I need a place to send them. Where next to colonize?

Before I was looking at Bahamas, Tahiti, Mosquito, Taiwan, Mataram, Mauritus. I can add to that the following.

Guayra – A tobacco province just inland from our current South American holdings. The people here are mildly aggressive, but we can colonize it quickly, I hope.

Jamaica – Jamaica combines a wealthy taxbase (6) with a wealthy crop (sugar). It does have mildly aggressive natives, but a quick colonization and some nearby troops can probably help with that.

After consideration, I believe I have enough colonists for now for a far away colonization and a close up colonization. Therefore, I send colonists to Taiwan and Bahamas.

28 December, 1609 – Our admiral died after serving for a short time. Ah well.

8 February, 1610 – Minas Gerais expands and more colonists are sent with alacrity.

7 March, 1610 – We establish a colony in the Bahamas. I send in more.

13 July, 1610 – Castille declared war upon Morocco. I join them. Eventually Castille will just annex Morocco. Will this be that war?

7 November, 1610 – Minas Gerais expands.

11 November, 1610 – Bahamas expand and I send more colonists.

1 February, 1611 – Peasants in Bali Lombok rebel.

We have an advisor that has appeared in Mantua, a level 4 natural scientist (production tech increase). I hire him.

24 February, 1611 – We put down the rebels.

1 April, 1611 – Both our naval and production techs increased.

3 May, 1611 – We set up a colony in Taiwan!

18 July, 1611 – The colonists sent to the Bahamas have set up, and more are sent post haste.

8 August, 1611 – Aragon declared war against us. Burgundy and Portugal joined them. My allies joined us.

I prepare for war.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:52 AM   #173
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Children in a School Yard

10 September, 1611 – We begin a siege for Frenche-Compte

4 November, 1611 – Norway inherited Denmark.

6 November, 1611 – RM: Norway

9 November, 1611 – Castille is out of the war having negotiated peace.

17 November, 1611 – Burgundy inherited Hungary. I order my troops in Dalmatia into the newly made Burgundian Croatia.

29 November, 1611 – We lay siege to Croatia.

5 December, 1611 – 3000 calvary of mine have landed in a Greenland colony by Aragon and captured it. We permanently took it.

I move to the next colony up of Aragon’s..

13 December, 1611 – I lost a major naval battle against Portugal and lost a bunch of ships.

16 December, 1611 – I seize the other Aragon colony in Greenland and our badboy increases some more.

11 January, 1612 – I marched a sneak army through France and hit Aragon behind. I begin the siege of Girona.

29 January, 1612 – Frenche-Compte fell.

1 February, 1612 – Trade tech increases

26 February, 1612 – I offer a white peace to Morocco and they accept.

24 March, 1612 -Bahamas expanded and colonists were sent.

2 April, 1612 – I capture one of the Aragon small cities, former colonies on the North American coastline.

11 April, 1612 – We capture the other Aragonian province in the Delaware area.

21 May, 1612 – Girona fell to us.

27 June, 1612 – Croatia fell.

1 July, 1612 – Some Aragonian troops arrive in Girona to try to recapture it.

11 July, 1612 – We defeat the defending force and begin the siege of Navarra.

10 September, 1612 – I take Frenche-Compte and Croatia in a peace deal with Burgundy.

1 November, 1612 – My army from Navarra marched over and relieved the Siege in Girona.

28 November, 1612 – Bahamas expanded and more colonists were sent.

8 December, 1612 – I lost a battle against the Portugese in the Americas.

1 February, 1613 – Corfu, Savoie and Sao Tome are now our cores.

6 March, 1613 – Taiwan expands. More colonists are shipped.

31 March, 1613 – After a quick assault, Aragon falls to us.

7 May, 1613 – After sending my forces back through the two Aragon provinces in America, I send a peace offer for them and Aragon refuses. It was a very generous offer too.

21 June, 1613 – Aragon accepts peace for Girona and Aragon.

4 August, 1613 – Bahamas expands and more colonists set out.

8 August, 1613 – The siege of Algarve has begun.

29 August, 1613 – The siege of Braganca has begun.

4 February, 1614 – Algarve falls

27 March, 1614 – We begin a siege at Madeira

2 April, 1614 – Portugal rejected a white peace offer

10 April, 1614 – Bahamas expand, colonists and what.

26 April, 1614 – Braganca falls to us.

1 May, 1614 – They reject another peace offer.

6 July, 1614 – I accept a military access request from Austria.

23 August, 1614 – Madiera fell.

15 December, 1614 – Bahamas grows, more settlers are shipped.

1 January, 1615 – Our government tech increases

4 January, 1615 – RM: Castille

7 January, 1615 – Taiwan expands. More colonists are sent eastwards.

15 February. 1615 – We capture a Portugese colony on the west Africa coast named Arguin.

25 March, 1615 – We come to a white peace with Portugal.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-20-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:17 AM   #174
Izulde
Head Coach

Looks like Portugal was giving you a bit of fit there.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:35 AM   #175
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I'd move Portugal up teh power scale significantly after that war. All of their power is overseas, but they have such a mammoth amount of land and troops there, and its' really tough to take them out. They still keep something like 20k troops at home, and its concentrated in just a handful of provinces.

IW as hoping to get Madeira, but I;d been at war so long, since the Morocco tiff, that I needed to get my war exhaustion down, and I couldn't continue to press Portugal.

I doubt I'll be going into mainland N. America ever, because they are just that powerful there.

-Anxiety

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-20-2007 at 03:36 AM.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #176
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Counting the Faces

26 March, 1615 – I try to give Frenche-Compte to Switzerland but they decline. I can’t release it as a vassal without realizing three other provinces as Savoy. Let’s see if I can do anything else with this province.

France and Burgundy are not willing to buy it. Feh. Alright, I’ll keep it for now, although I don’t want to.

Our new provinces:

Girona: 16819 Catalan Catholics work the fish trade here in this province east of Barcelona. There is a workshop, marketplace, temple and courthouse here. They make 8.96 ducats for us

Aragon: The province of Aragon is an iron province. 18472 Castillean and Catholics work the mines here making 18.79 ducats for us. There is a workshop, marketplace, temple and courthouse here.

Croatia: 22829 Croatian Reformers make and sell cloth here. 17.14 ducats are made here. There is just a workshop here. I order a courthouse built here. Austria has it as a core.

Frenche-Compte: Which I didn’t want. It’s too internal. 23099 Burgundian Reformers sell salt here. 15.91 ducats are made here. It comes with a courthouse, temple, workshop and customs house.

Two colonial provinces on Greenland are now ours as well. I’ll talk about them as I colonize them to full colony status.

3 April, 1615 – RM: Austria

1 May, 1615 – Our production tech grows.

8 August, 1615 – We get a New Land Claimed event in Calabria. I choose to increase taxbase by one.

21 August, 1615 – Bahamas expands. One last group is sent off.

1 January, 1616 – After saving up, I order a Textile Manufactory built in Lombardia. It costs me over 1k ducats. It’ll take five years to build. What does it do? Production tech investment almost at the level of a level 2 advisor monthly. 6 ducats annually, normally, but double in a province with cloth or wool (and Lombardia is a cloth province), and +1% population growth each year. Not bad, eh?

1 February, 1616 – I send colonists to a Greenland province.

27 April, 1616 – Bahamas expands and is now a full blown city.

Bahamas: 6016 people work the cotton fields here in the Bahamas. 20.47 ducats are made by these Lombard Catholics.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:13 PM   #177
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

How about a new Caribbean map?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-20-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:14 PM   #178
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Other people's Toys

1 August, 1616 – Tunis is now a core.

1 September, 1616 – Our colony in Greenland expanded.

11 November, 1616 – Taiwan expands and more colonists are sent with all due haste.

25 November, 1616 – RM: France

1 January, 1617 – I order a new wall built in Bahamas. A workshop is ordered for Turks Island.

1 April, 1617 – I order new colonists to the first of the Greenland colonies.

1 May, 1617 – Alexandria is a core province.

1 August, 1617 – One of our governmental advisors died. A level 6 advisor appeared in Parma! But he’s a spymaster, and I don’t feel I need to make spies a go go. I hire a colonist maker as an advisor.

1 October, 1617 – I send colonists to the other Greenland province.

1 November, 1617 – Eiriksfjord expands and becomes a full city.

Eiriksfjord is a fish province on southern Greenland. 1325 Lombard Catholics work here giving us 3.23 ducats annually. I order a fort built here.

1 December, 1617 – Burgundy has converted to Protestant. That means they are no longer anyone’s ally.

1 January, 1618 – I order a constable built in Sardinia.

6 March, 1618 – Genoa accepted an alliance with us.

18 March, 1618 – So does Switzerland.

23 March, 1618 – I get an alliance offer from Burgundy. Tasty. I accept.

This month of alliances brought to you by Naxos the coke of the Aegean!

29 April, 1618 – Our other Greenland colony expands. More colonists are dispatched.

16 September, 1618 - Our colony in Taiwan expanded.

1 October, 1618 – We sent out more colonists to Taiwan.

17 October, 1618 – RM: Lithuania

20 October, 1618 – I offer a military alliance with The Papal States and they agree. Why ally with my vassals? Because then when they war, they might get territory. No badboy for me, but I can annex them later. Switzerland, for example, has about 10k troops sitting there in Bern.

Why accept Burgundy’s alliance? They are very, very strong. They’ll leave me soon, I have no doubt, but for now, they are convienent. Plus, if they get into a war with Austria, I can leave Austria and try to take some more nearby provinces.

10 November, 1618 – Vestbygen has expanded and is now a full city.

Vestbygen has 1014 people killing and cleaning furs. The Catholic Lombards are send us 12.87 ducats annually.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:58 PM   #179
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Venture Gained

1 January, 1619 – Sardinia and The Baleares are now cores. I order a fort built in Vestbygen.

21 May, 1619 – RM : France. I send colonists to Minas Gerais.

3 August, 1619 – RM: Lithuania

1 September, 1619 – I get another New Land Claimed, this time for Santo Amaro. I choose to spend 30 ducats to increase both manpower and tax value.

1 November, 1619 – I dispatch colonists to Guayra

18 February, 1620 – Minas Gerais expands.

31 July, 1620 – We set up a new colony in Guayra.

5 August, 1620 – Taiwan expanded. More colonists are snet.

1 October, 1620 – Colonists, Guayra, etc.

1 January, 1621 – The textile manufactory is built. Cape is a core province. I order a Missionary to Bali-Lombok. It’ll take around ten years, and at the end of that time, we have around a 50/50 chance of converting the people there.

1 April, 1621 – I send colonists to Minas Gerais.

30 June, 1621 – Guayra grew.

1 October, 1621 – I send colonists to Guayra.

30 December, 1621 – Minas Gerais expands. Need just one more colonist to make it a full city.

1 January, 1622 – I order a workshop in Sao Vicente and Cape.

20 January, 1622 – I get another New Land Claimed, this time for Cape. I choose just the tax value increase.

6 February, 1622 – RM: Great Britain.

8 June, 1622 – Taiwan expands. We send more colonists in.

28 Junly, 1622 – Guayra expands.

1 October, 1622 – I send more colonists to Minas Gerais.

1 January, 1623 – I order a constable in Messina and Parma.

1 February, 1623 – Our trade tech increased.

1 April, 1623 – I send more colonists to Guayra.

30 June, 1623 – Minas Gerais expands.

Minas Gerais – This gold province inside our coastal provinces has 1017 Lombard Catholics making 42.64 ducats for us. It took us nine successful colonization attempts instead of the usual ten, because we delayed and it grew enough in the meantime while we were look at other colonizations.

I order a fort built here.

8 July, 1623 – I get an interesting event:

East India Company

Our nation’s stands on the brink of being able to compete in the foreign spice markets abroad. Our monarch is considering founding this company. Here are my options:

Found It! Gain 200 ducats, a merchant. Get Trade Company benefit for six years or so:

+4 trade tech
+50% chance of merchants taking
+50% chance of merchants competing
+1 merchant annually

Or, The Venture is Not Worth the Effort. -2 prestige.

I obviously choose to Found It!

Old 03-21-2007, 12:20 AM   #180
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

How advanced are the Inca's, Maya's and other America based factions?
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:45 AM   #181
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Reruns

15 October, 1623 – Castille declared war upon Morocco. I join said war.

29 December, 1623 - Guayra expands. I ship out more settlers.

18 March, 1624 – Castille finally annexed Morocco.

11 April, 1624 – Taiwan expands. More colonists are sent.

28 September, 1624 – Guayra expands

1 October, 1624 – And colonists are sent there.

1 January, 1625 – Our badboy, which was once quite high, has diminished a bit. Let’s bump it back up.

3 January, 1625 – Genoa has accepted our offer of annexation.

Corsica –

The island of Corsica is 20505 Catholics making and selling naval supplies. This Lombard provinces makes us around 8.51 ducats annually. I order a Constable built here. It came with a workshop.

24 January, 1625 – Giacomo III died. We have a new ruler. Francisco VI. He has – admin 6, military 7, diplomacy 7. Solid.

By the end of the month, I get and accept RMs from France, Austria and Lithuania.

22 May, 1625 – RM: Burgundy.

24 May, 1625 – I offer Munster a RM and they accept.

30 June, 1625 – Guayra expands, colonists sent.

7 August, 1625 – I get Colonial Expansion in Guayra. 200 colonists arrive there.

6 September, 1625 – I send colonists to Espirito Santo. A sugar province adjacent to my colonies in South America.

1 October, 1625 - our naval tech increases.

1 December, 1625 – Our production tech increases

1 January, 1626 – Our land tech increases. I order a constable in Cape.

14 February, 1626 – Taiwan expands. This may be my last set of colonists sent there.

1 April, 1626 – Guayra expands and more colonists. This should be last set of colonists here as well.

20 May, 1626 – We set up a colony in Espirito Santo.

1 November, 1626 – More colonists are sent to E Santo.

29 December, 1626 – Guayra expanded.

Guayra – This tobacco province in internal to our coastal provinces in South America. 2015 people send us 22.54 ducats annually. I order a fort built here.

1 July, 1627 – Santo Amaro is a core.

30 July, 1627 – E Santo expands. More colonists.

1 October, 1627 – I send colonists to Porto Seguro, a sugar province north of E Santo and south of British colonies.

18 December, 1627 – Taiwan grows.

Taiwan – This Chinaware province has the most valuable trade good in the game (gold is not traded). 6952 people make 33.54 ducats for us here. I order a fort built here post haste.

1 January, 1628 – Our trade tech increased.

29 April, 1628 – E Santo expands. I send in more of the colonists of the colonizing.

6 May, 1628 – I get another colonial expansion, this time of E Santo.

4 June, 1628 - Porto Seguro expands. More colonists.

14 July, 1628 – Our reputation is almost back to normal. I should do something about that.

10 November, 1628 – I declare war against Mamluks. All of our allies join us. Their one ally, Kanem Bornu, joins them

Old 03-21-2007, 12:51 AM   #182
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
How advanced are the Inca's, Maya's and other America based factions?

The Cherokee are Land Tech 0. As are teh Aztec, Zaptotec, and Maya. Let me check the Incas, hold on. They are also at zero. Now let's compare that world wide.

Sub-saharan Africans? All at zero or one land tech.

Let's see about the Indies nations. Brunei is at 8, Sulu at 7. Atjeh is just at 2.

By comparision, Mamluks are at 7, Burgundy at 16, Castille at 17, we are at 15.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:36 AM   #183
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Seven Seals

4 December, 1628 - We win in Alexandria.

12 December, 1628 – We drove the enemy away from Sirt.

The siege of Beirut has begun.

14 December, 1628 – We give Burgundy military access after they ask

27 December, 1628 – Beirut falls after a quick assault.

29 December, 1628 – After chasing troops into Libya from Alexandria, we defeat them here with the Alexandrian army.

1 January, 1629 – Minas Gerais is now a core.

18 January, 1629 – We win in Cyrenaica.

20 January, 1629 – My rear army begins a siege of Sirt.

26 January, 1629 – E Santo expands. More colonists are sent.

28 January, 1629 – I win a battle in Judea and begin a siege.

30 January, 1629 – I lose a Battle in Alexandria and Mamluks begin a siege.

11 February, 1629 – Judea falls to us after another quick assault.

23 February, 1629 – A new force drives the Mamluks out of Libya.

3 March, 1629 – Porto Seguro expanded.

18 March, 1629 – We win in Alexandria and break the siege.

1 April, 1629 - I send in more colonists.

3 April, 1629 – We launch assaults on Cairo and Libya.

7 April, 1629 – We were attacked in Alexandria by a small force and drove them away.

10 April, 1629 – We barely defeated the Mamluks in Libya.

12 April, 1629 – A large Mamluks force of 7 regiments arrives in Judea and begins a siege.

16 April, 1629 – Judea falls after a short assault.

We won in Cairo and have begun a siege in their capital.

19 April, 1629 – Hawran fell to our assault. The troops from Beirut are marching to us, I decide to stay here and fight, and probably lose, as opposed to running around trying to avoid them.

2 May, 1629 – I lose in Hawran.

23 May, 1629 – Sirt fell to us.

8 June, 1629 – Hawran fell again.

16 August, 1629 – Cairo fell to us.

1 September, 1629 – Bali-Lombok is now a core. We defeated a minor Mamluk army trying to take Alexandria from us.

22 September, 1629 – We win two minor skirmishes.

1 October, 1629 – Instead of sending out colonists, I order a Conquistador – a general who can search provinces. I will send an army deep into Mamluk territory to find their good provinces, assuming they have any.

8 October, 1629 – On the same day, both Libya and Judea fall to us.

25 October, 1629 – E Santo expands.

14 November, 1629 – We recapture Hawran.

19 November, 1629 – I launched my Sirt and Libya armies into a simultaneous strike against some aggressive Cyrenaica defenders, and crushed them between the two armies.

20 November, 1629 – I accept white peace with Kanem Bornu.

21 December, 1629 – We drove the Mamluks fragments from Sirt.

24 December, 1629 – We won in the interior province of Ibrim. Now I order my Conquistador to explore.

29 December, 1629 – Porto S expanded.

3 January, 1630 _ I get a peace offer from Mamluks for Sirt, Libya and Hawran. I have no desire for Sirt and Hawran, but I think that I do want Libya. Beirut would be good, so would Delta or Judea. After that, my conquistador will tell me.

4 January, 1630 – Beirut fell back.

5 January, 1630 – Cyrenaica fell to us.

20 January, 1630 – We discovered Berber, an Orthodox province! It had no fort, so we captured it. How many more of our Christian brothers are back here? In other news, We captured Al Kirk.

17 February, 1630 – We discovered Butana, another Orthodox province hear in the Mamluk rear. We capture it immediately.

10 March, 1630 – A small number of infantry capture undefended Gojjum. This Orthodox province used to be Ethopia’s, until the Mamluks took it. I knew it was here, so I knew to drive with my Conquistador here to see what else what out there.

13 March, 1630 – We discover a minor Sunni province. I order my men on.

2 April, 1630 – I discover another small Sunni province in the rear. I run into some rebels as well. I choose to flee rather than destroy the rebels.

3 April, 1630 – Delta fell to us.

18 April, 1630 – I get a better peace offer from the Mamluks, but it’s not what I want. I continue the war.

12 May, 1630 – I lose a battle is Asyut and retreat to Alexandria.

16 May, 1630 _ I find another Orthodox province – Dongola. Okay, I;m ready to send out a peace offer now.

I have a warscore of 99, that’s pretty good. Let’s see what I can do with it.

I send a peace offer for several provinces. The Mamluks reject it. I order the war continued.

25 May, 1630 – Damascus fell to us.

28 May, 1630 – We defeated the Mamluks in Asyut.

19 June, 1630 – Now they accept our peace offer. We took Libya, Delta, Judea and the four Orthodox provinces.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-21-2007 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:44 AM   #184
SFL Cat
College Starter

You conquering fool!
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:49 AM   #185
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I just bought this game...and while I didn't fare well in the first few EU games, this one I seemed to have grasped better.

That being said, I tried to walk in your footsteps with Naxos just to see how it was like, and needless to say, I didn't have the skill nor the patience.

That being said, I tried Mecklenberg (which I confess is a little easier) and had a blast, and it really did sharpen my skills and interest.

Everyday I check in on this dynasty just to see how things go and I'm always impressed.

That being said, do you find that this game makes it easier to conduct conquest than the first two games? I thought something would kick in for that small a country to have expanded that big (it's not a complaint, I think it at least allows for the possibility which in the prior games was more of just being capable of surviving not so much expanding influence).
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:15 AM   #186
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I just bought this game...and while I didn't fare well in the first few EU games, this one I seemed to have grasped better.

That being said, I tried to walk in your footsteps with Naxos just to see how it was like, and needless to say, I didn't have the skill nor the patience.

That being said, I tried Mecklenberg (which I confess is a little easier) and had a blast, and it really did sharpen my skills and interest.

Everyday I check in on this dynasty just to see how things go and I'm always impressed.

That being said, do you find that this game makes it easier to conduct conquest than the first two games? I thought something would kick in for that small a country to have expanded that big (it's not a complaint, I think it at least allows for the possibility which in the prior games was more of just being capable of surviving not so much expanding influence).

I'm about three years down the road from this last post. Something happens totally unexpected, and I have to make a bad decision or a worse decision. Ah hell, I'll go ahead and tell ya.

Aragon and Castille ally with each other and Castille asks me to join a war vs. Portugal and Britian with their ally Aragon. It's a classic trap war. The kind where on top it looks okay, but deep down would be horribel for me. GB is adjact to my colonies in S America with soldiersi in theirs, GB and I have a royal marriage so joining Castille would be a stabilityhit for me. It's precisely the sort of war I've been dodging all year long.

Take th ebad war with teh possibly of lost land? Or leave my allaince with my bestest alliance buddy? Doing so drive Castille into the hands of Aragon. can you imagine Aragon declaring war against me and havin Castille join her? I;d be raped. I've spent all game making nice wiht hepeople who would kill me.

So I have to leave the alliance, but there is this real danger. I know its a danger, because I've played eu2 so much. So what I am currently doing is secnding gifts to Aragon like mad. Make nice, get our relations up, get a royal marriage with them, and then hope they no longer want to attack us.

I see what the future could bring and take steps to avoid it. I only wage war against those I think I can win. When I lose war, I'd rather lose ducats.

I have the newer badboy system down pat. I know when to attackm when to push and when to call off wars (like I did in a previous war against Portugal pushed against Mamluks just now, etc). Your badboy decreases by the diplomacy skill of your leader each year. When I took 7 provinces from Mamluks, I gained 7 badboy points. My leader's diplomacy is 7 or 8, can;t remember which. That means my bb decreases by 0.7 or 0.8 each year. I'm the Papal Controller and that's an additional -0.25 bb each year. When I had that 3 diplomacy guy a while ago, I had to take a long gap between each war. Now that I am papal controller with a high diplomatic king, I can wage a lot of war.

To be fair, that's pretty realistic. How much of a bad reputation would a Catholic nation who controlled the curia have really gotten in 1630s by capturing seven provinces in the Middle East and North east Africa, including Judea?

Hope that info helps!

Old 03-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #187
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Libya – 9403 Tuareg Sunnis work in this core province of ours. Just 2.28 ducats are made by the wool makers. This province has strategic value, cutting off two Mamluk provinces from the rest of the nation (Sirt and Cyrenaica). I expect rebel problems to follow shortly. A temple, courthouse and workshop accompany this province.

Delta – The delta of the Nile river is inhabited by 54675 al Misr Arabic Sunnis. This is also a core province of ours through a previous event. 5.89 ducats are made by the fishers here. It has a temple, courthouse and workshop. I took this province because I had the ability to grab another province additional to the other six, and we had captured it, it was a core, and it was continuous with Libya and Alexandria.

Judea – I decided to take Judea because of the homeland of Christ. Under the hand of both the current Papal Controller and the Holy Roman Emperor, hopefully Judea will remain in Christian hands. 18835 people harvest grain here. The Sunni people are of al Misr Arabic descent. 3.41 ducats are made here. The typical three buildings are here too.

The following four provinces are all Orthodox. I ordered forts built in them all. I believe these lands were captured from previous Orthodox nations in the area, such as Ethiopia or Nubia.

Dongola – 19332 farmers harvest various grains in this Nubian province. They send us 1.89 ducats. Funj has this as a core, so it may have been theirs once upon a time. It comes with the typical three buildings.

Berber – 19238 people work the very poor wool trade here. They are also Nubian. This province is also a core of Funj. 1.93 ducats are made. The same three buildings comes with.

Butana – This is the best province, finally, that we took. I was happy to find not only fellow brothers in Christ but also an Ivory province. The people here are Nubian. 58390 people work the trade here. The make is 24.45. That’s just 0.3 or so less than Tripolitania makes. It is also a core of Funj and comes with the same three buildings.

Gojjam – This Ethiopian province hosts 19987 farmers making us 2.27 ducats in the grain trade. This is not a core of anyone outside of Mamluks. It comes with the standard three buildings.

These four provinces cut off two Mamluk provinces fromt eh rest of the country, like our Med holdings do as well. It’s an interesting dynamic.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #188
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post

I started a game as Japan. My first goal was the conquest of Korea and Manchu. It took 2 wars to finally get the upper hand on them (they were allied, so I had to fight both at the same time). I took 2 korean provinces after the first war (I was lucky they offered that.I was out of manpower and was about to start losing very badly), and the second saw me gain most of Korea and 2 provinces from Manchu. The 3rd war the annexation of Korea and taking all but one province from Manchu. The extremely fast 4th war was the annexation of Manchu.

I also had several colonies (I took Quest For the New World idea). Taiwan, an island in the West Indies, a few up in Siberia (found a gold prvince up there, plus there are a lot of fur provinces).

Then something happened. I got this event that gave me two options. 1) Lose 500 ducets, move 1 towards Centralization. 2) Lose 2 Stability. Basically the event stated that Japan should not be this large. I forget the exact text, but it said that because Japan was so decentralized (my slider was all the way to Decentralized), that it was hard to control the nation.

After so many wars, my stability was -2, so I took the Stability hit. Problem Solved, right? No, because I got the event again. And again, and agian, and again. I was stuck between -3 and -2 stability because this damned event kept popping up. It was hurting badly because I didn't have any merchants, so I had very little trade income. As a result, I was losing about 3 or 4 ducets per month (with the treasury slider in the budget all the way to the left). So I had to move the slider a bit to the right, but that caused my inlfation to go up pretty fast. If I could have merchants, I could send them out and get enough trade income to ffset most of that -3 to -4 a month.

But I couldn't get merchants because I couldn't get out of -2 stability, and I couldn't take the first option since I never even got close to having 500 ducets at one time. So, I did what I had to. I created Korea and Manchu as vassals. I stopped getting the event.

At least I still got half of their taxes.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:59 PM   #189
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That's an annoying event. I'd get pissed if I got that event. Don;t know off the top of my head where my centralization/decentralizion slider is, maybe you chouls change yours over time, then annex those guys.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #190
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
That's an annoying event. I'd get pissed if I got that event.

Yet, it's pretty realistic. A nation that has no "centralization" should have a really hard time controling its nation if it gets large, so stability should stay down (or the nation should spend a lot on "control"-like things (I guess police, and the nature) to keep things stable.)

But if you haven't gotten it by now, you probably won't. In my Portugal game (where I had a LOT of provinces in the New World, half of North Africa, a few Castillian provinces and a few Italian provinces), I never got the event. I think I was either in the middle or a notch or two toward Decentralization.

I wonder if I can find the event in the scripts.

Last edited by sabotai : 03-21-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #191
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Contemplation

Over the next few months, I’ll send my troops to their new locations. I’ll also continue to explore this area with my Conquistador.

I order colonists to E Santo.

1 July, 1630 - We get an event. The Conquest of Jerusalem. I get one extra missionary annually and 1 prestige annually. That’s awesome! What’s really cool is that I did not know you could get that!

26 August, 1630 – I actually discovered an unclaimed province adjacent to Butana – Taka. Taka has no natives, trades slaves, and is fairly poor. I’ll steer clear, but I thought it humorous that I find it here.

1 October, 1630 – I send colonists to Porto S.

16 October, 1630 – Pegu and Ming have entered into a personal union.

20 October, 1630 – I decline an alliance offer from Japan.

1 December, 1630 – We lost our other governmental advisor.

5 December, 1630 – I ask for and receive military access from Funj.

19 December, 1630 – We discovered a province to the west of Gojjam. We were attacked by natives but drove them off. Fazughli.

11 January, 1631 – NLD: Dar Nuba. Attacked again by natives.

15 February, 1631 – NLD: Kordofan. We drove off the natives.

27 March, 1631 – E Santo expanded.

1 April, 1631 – And more colonists are dispatched.

26 May, 1631. Today is a great day. Today, after preaching for over ten years, the people of Bali-Lombok have converted to Catholicism!

1 June, 1631 – I order a constable built in Bali-Lombok.

Another cardinal died. I currently control six of the seven cardinals.

30 June, 1631 – Porto S expanded.

1 July, 1631 - A sad thing happened today. We no longer accept Greek as a main culture. 

5 July, 1631 – I get a massive Boundary Dispute event, giving me a core on five Mamluk provinces, which I accept.

30 March, 1632 – E Santo expands.

1 May, 1632 – E Santo is sent more colonists. If these take, it becomes a city.

24 May, 1632 – I decline a Mamluk request for military access. Heh, let them suffer.

1 June, 1632 – I order a customs house built in Bali-Lombok.

1 August, 1632 – Our naval tech increases.

20 August, 1632 – Porto S expands.

1 November, 1632 – I send more colonists to the Porto Seguro.

29 January, 1633 – Espirito Santo exapands:

Espirito Santo - This 2031 sugar colony makes us 25.57 ducats annually. I order a fort built here.

30 June, 1633 – RM: Lithuania.

30 July, 1633 – Porto S expands and more colonists are sent.

1 August, 1633 – A level two treasurer advisor (trade tech) appeared in Dongola. Capturing those lands pays off! I hire him.

1 October, 1633 – My trade tech increases.

1 November, 1633 – Where do I send my next colonists? I’m pretty much done with this area of South America. All of the remaining adjacent territory is grain or other poor trade value goods. There are some provinces that I don’t know what is in them, but my Conquistador is stuck in Africa inside a landlocked section of my territory.

Here are some ideas:

These four are older ideas, and are still available.

Tahiti – Way out in the Pacific. A nice naval base. Spice with 1000 natives of a low aggressiveness. It would take us 551 days to settle here, but there’s a 75% chance of taking initially. Tax value of 3.

Mosquito – East coast of Central America, this coffee province features 2000 natives of low aggressiveness, a tax value of two and a 69% chance of taking with our first colonists. This province is adjacent to the Mayans.

Mataram – High taxvalue of 8 meets spices meets large number of natives meets long travel time and some aggressive ness on part of natives. Already have three provinces in this area of globe (Halmahera, Taiwan and Bali-Lombok)

Mauritus – Island in the southeast Indian Ocean, sugar province with 500 natives and no aggressiveness. This colony would have a good taxvalue in 5. A 78% chance of taking with our colonists meets 483 days lead time.

I also considered this last time:

Jamaica – A wealthy taxbase (6), a wealthy crop (sugar). Mildly aggressive natives, but a quick colonization and some nearby troops can probably help with that. Already have colonies nearby (Turks Islands, Bahamas)

After consideration, I decide to go with Jamaica and send out colonists.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:24 PM   #192
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Oracle at Naxos

1 January, 1634 – I order a Refinery built in Napoli. That’s another 5 year to build thing, double ducats in wine and sugar provinces (Napoli is a wine province) and it adds tech.

17 March, 1634 – I get a New Land Claimed event for Corsica and choose to increase the taxvalue.

1 May, 1634 – Porto S expands and I send in more settlers.

10 June, 1634 – I once again respectfully decline a Mamluk overture for military access.

1 July, 1634 – A level 2 army reformer advisor appeared in Mantua. I jettison my colonist maker for him.

14 July, 1634 – We now have a new colony at Jamaica.

18 August, 1634 – Castille wants to smack the Cherokee around, and I join their war, but not their desire.

1 January, 1635 – Our government tech increased. I order colonists to Jamaica. A marketplace is ordered for Bali-Lombok. A customs house for Corsica. A level two fort for Frenche-Compte. Constable for Turks Islands.

27 January, 1635 – Porto S expanded.

1 April, 1635 – Bahamas are now a core province.

1 June, 1635 – Since I am the leader of the Castillean-Naxos alliance, I negotiate peace on behalf of both of us with the Cherokee for 50 ducats to me. The Castilleans were raping them and I don’t really want anyone to get that powerful.

7 September, 1635 – Castille declared war upon Portugal. Aragon, who had joined an alliance with Castille and was in one with Portgual, choose to fight with Castille against Portugal. Great Britain joined Portugal. So, Britain, and Portugal are at war with Castille and Aragon. Castille asks me to join.

Okay, here’s the problem. Castille is the aggressor. Join them, and my stability drops from being an aggressor against GB (we have a royal marriage). I have no real desire to go to war with GB, who is next to our colonies in South America. I have no real desire to go to war with Portugal. Again, normally I’d leave behind Castille, for a while at least.

However, they’ve joined with Aragon. Aragon. Our mutual enemy. If I drive Castille away am I sending them into the nest of our enemy? Do I want to find myself on the same side of a war as Aragon against two nations I really don’t want to be at war with along with a resulting drop in stability?

I’m still allied with Burgundy and Austria if I leave the Castille alliance. It’s just we’ve been partners for so long.

Still, Naxos before Castille. I decline and leave our alliance.

30 November, 1635 – I offer Castille a RM and they accept.

1 January, 1636 – I order marketplaces in Lombardia, Brescia, Piedmont, Palermo, Modena and Parma.

31 May, 1636 – Jamaica expands and I dispatch settlers a-go-go.

1 June, 1636 – The next word I get news that Tawian is a core.

1 July, 1636 – I sent more colonists to Porto S.

1 September, 1636 – I begin a campaign to make nice with Aragon. The last thing I need is for Aragon to declare war on me and have Castille join them.

17 September, 1636 – Aragon and Portugal come to peace terms.

1 January, 1637 – Our Greenland provinces are now cores.

8 February, 1637 – Jamaica expand and more colonists are sent.

30 March, 1637 – Porto S expands.

20 July, 1637 – I accept a RM from Aragon.

1 October 1637 – Croatia and Frenche-Compte are now cores.

21 October, 1637 – Jamaica expands and colonists are sent out

Old 03-22-2007, 01:21 AM   #193
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Miscellany

1 January, 1638 – The two provinces of Ceylon threw off their yokes and declared independence. I move a ship over to take a look at their defenses. They might be my next expansion target.

1 July, 1638 – Aragon and Girona are now part of our patrimony.

3 July, 1638 – Jamaica, expansion, more colonists

5 July, 1638 – After a few of my gifts arrived at their court, Swahili, the country to our south in the former Mamluk Orthodox provinces agrees to give us military access. Now I can move my Conquistador out.

14 September, 1638 – I declare war upon Ceylon. All of our allies join us.

1 October, 1638 – I send colonists to Porto S.

15 October, 1638 – We land 5k troops in Jaffna and begin a siege.

7 December, 1638 – We defeat Ceylon in Korales.

14 March, 1639 – Jamaica expands; more colonists sent

1 April, 1639 – Our naval tech increases.

24 April, 1639 – We capture Korales. I order my troop back to Jaffna.

23 May, 1639 – We crack the Jaffna defending troops and begin a siege.

27 June, 1639 – My cavalry fail to take out the stragglers at Korales and they won a victory there.

15 September, 1639 – Jaffna falls.

1 October, 1639 – I accept peace with Ceylon. We take Jaffna, and Ceylon becomes our vassal.

Jaffna – 18057 people work the spice trade here on this island off the coast of southern India (Sri Lanka). The Sinhala Buddhists make 21.91 ducats for us annually. It comes with a workshop. I order a Courthouse built here. Atjeh has it as a core, in addition to Ceylon.

9 October, 1639 – RM: Austria.

23 November, 1639 – Jamiaca, expansion, yadda

1 December, 1639 – Our production tech increased.

8 December, 1639 – RM: Aragon

1 January, 1640 – Forgot to tell you about the expanded and new city Porto Seguro.

Porto Seguro: This sugar city is nestled between the British colonies in South American and our own possessions. 2060 people make us 27.05 ducats. I order a fort built here.

1 July, 1640 – Our land tech increased

6 August, 1640 – I send one more group of colonists to Jamaica.

1 October, 1640 – I order a Missionary to Jaffna. It’ll take around 9 years and I’ll have around a 45% chance of it taking.

1 January, 1641 – Where to send my new groups of colonists? Mosquito? Mauritus? Tahiti? Mataram?

I choose something father away for the first one, since my colonist production slowed with the recent firing of my colonist advisor.

Colonists are en route to Mataram.

5 April, 1641 – NLD: Roggeveld. This inland province was discovered by our Conquistador just inland from Cape. It has GOLD! We’ll be colonizing this now.

18 April, 1641 – Jamaica is now a full city.

Jamaica – 2516 make 30.39 ducats working the sugar trade here. I order a fort built.

16 May, 1641 – RM: May

1 July, 1641 – I send colonists to Roggeveld.

6 August, 1641 – RM: Austria

29 December, 1641 – Our badboy is almost back down, and there’s some more land I can grab, so let’s get it on.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:23 AM   #194
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Dance Once Danced

I declare war against Mamluks.

All allies are in. Let’s play our game once more.

14 January, 1642 – We defeat a small Mamluk force in Delta.

Our forces arrive in Beirut and begin attacking Mamluks.

17 January, 1642 – RM: Britain.

19 January, 1642 – We discover a province behind ours in South American with our Conquistador. We may colonize it later.

20 January, 1642 – We defeat the Mamluks in Beirut and I order my forces to move. This is not a besieging force – too many cavalry.

24 January, 1642 _ Our holding forces that were in Judea arrive in Beirut. They begin a siege.

4 February, 1642 – We win a battle in Damascus with our largerly cavalry army.

9 February, 1642 – We win in Sirt and begin a siege.

15 February, 1642 – We win a battle in Delta.

20 March, 1642 – A quick assault leads us to capture Beirut.

30 March, 1642 – We catch a fleeing group of troops in Hawran and defeat them.

20 April, 1642 – Sirt fell after a quick assault.

23 April, 1642 – We win a major battle in Al Karak against the Mamluk reserve forces.

26 May, 1642 – We win another battle in Gaza. I leave my troops here to initiate a siege.

7 June, 1642 – We won the battle of Cyrenaica and begin a siege.

9 June, 1642 – We captured Damascus after another assault.

29 June, 1642 – We set a colony in Roggeveld and I send in more colonists.

10 July, 1642 – Massawa fell to our southern army,

2 September, 1642 – We sent up a colony in Mataram and more colonists are sent there as well.

28 September, 1642 -We defeat a very large army in Cairo after building 3 cavalry regiments in our Egyptian/Libyan provinces.

13 December, 1642 – I offer Kanam Bornu a white peace and they accept.

24 December, 1642 – Gaza fell to us.

29 December, 1642 – Cyrenaica falls to our quick assault.

13 January, 1643 – My Conquistador died.

19 January, 1643 – Asyrut fell to us.

28 March, 1643 – Cairo fell to us.

3 April, 1643 – We reject our first peace offer from Mamluks.

11 April, 1643 – Sinai fell to us.

17 April, 1643 – We defeat one of their last good armies at Diamentia and began a siege. I have a plan on which provinces I want to capture, and Diamentia is the last one I need to capture.

22 June, 1643 – Our colonization to Roggeveld failed. I send in more colonists. Had a 985 chance of success.

19 July, 1643 – My major army lost a 3 month battle against the Mamluk major army in Nile. My army is essentially destroyed and will take months to rebuild.

15 August, 1643 – I fail an assault at Diamientia and continue the siege.

7 September, 1643 – I capture Kargah.

3 November, 1643 – My troops from the Kargah siege arrived in Diamientia and assaulted the province and it has fallen into our hands.

13 November, 1643 – Our backup army defeats the Mamluk army in Nile. With their major army broken, capital captured and numerous other provinces in my hands, I send in a peace offer for a few provinces I have my eye on.

14 November, 1643 – The Mamluks accept my peace offer. We get Gaza, Sinai, Beirut, Damascus and Diamientia.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:23 AM   #195
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Diamientia – This quiet fishing village has 11518 Sunnis making us 4.32 ducats annually. The al Misr Arabic people here have a courthouse, temple and workshop.

Gaza – 9507 Sunnis work in this core province of ours. They work the salt trade. 13.79 ducats are made by these al Misr Arabic people. They have the same three buildings.

Sinai – Just 6765 people make us 13.65 ducats in the salt trade. The citizens here are al Misr Arabic Sunnis. They have the same three buildings.

Beirut - 91654 al Suryah Arabic people make naval supplies here. This core province of ours features the same three buildings as others. 7.9 ducats are made here in this Sunni province

Damascus – 276802 Sunni people harvest grain here. These people are al Suryah Arabic. 4.7 ducats are made by this core province, and the province features the same three buildings as the previous three.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:24 AM   #196
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

How about a map of the area?

Old 03-22-2007, 02:37 AM   #197
sabotai
General Manager

FWIW, I checked and in my Portugal game, I'm all the way to the right on Decentralization and don't get the event, so there must be other factors to it (or maybe a Japan specific event?). Anyway, I diplo-annexed Castille and just about the whole world declared war on me.

Last edited by sabotai : 03-22-2007 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #198
Tyrith
College Starter

Really enjoying this dynasty, Anxiety. I have no experience with EU, so I'm going to ask a noob question....

...how does this game, you know, end? What are you trying to accomplish?
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #199
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Really enjoying this dynasty, Anxiety. I have no experience with EU, so I'm going to ask a noob question....

...how does this game, you know, end? What are you trying to accomplish?

Much like SimCity or The Sims or such, there is no end - only what you want to do, what you want to focus on. There is an end time-wise, when the game ends because that's the end.

I played a dynasty as Grenada and ended after the final scripting event ended (which were scripted by me for a fantasy Grenada)

Old 03-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #200
SFL Cat
College Starter

Does EU3 not keep a running tally of "victory" points?
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote