Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #101
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just a reminder, you can only lynch people who are in jail. For today, the only legal vote is an election vote for sheriff.

To prevent confusion between the two votes, please label as:

Elect Alan T

or

Lynch Alan T.

You can have more than one lynching in a day if multiple people are in jail, but for today the only legal vote is the sheriff election.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #102
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

finally we get started. Any ideas who to vote for for Sherrif?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #103
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I think that a woman sherrif is just what this town needs
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #104
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I think that a woman sherrif is just what this town needs

hmmm methinks someone is already getting power hungry. I don't have a reason for a vote yet. so iwill do it randomly.

Elect Hoops
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:01 PM   #105
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, so whoever is the sherriff will likely be a target of the cowboys. I'm going to assume that there is some balance for that. Anyway, since I'm the only one I really trust...

elect st.cronin

We do need to elect a sherriff, though, so let's avoid an 18 way tie.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:10 PM   #106
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, just want to make sure you understand that sporting the silver star is likely to put a target on you. If you are comfortable with that, and that we are not going to be hurt too badly from potentially losing your role early in the game, then I'll throw my vote behind you.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #107
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Good ole townsperson here.

I agree in that whoever is Sheriff is going to have a huge target on them.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #108
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Ok, so whoever is the sherriff will likely be a target of the cowboys. I'm going to assume that there is some balance for that. Anyway, since I'm the only one I really trust...

elect st.cronin

Just to be fair so this isn't information that just one side or the other has, it's assumed at night times as long as the Sheriff does Sheriff duties, he does it with a group of deputies and is safe from night kills. If a Sheriff performs any non-Sheriff night actions as well however then they are fair game for that night.

The sheriff is not protected from day-time showdowns or other form of night activities besides attacks however. This should have been clearer in the rules, so wanting to spell it out before it becomes a strategy issue.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:18 PM   #109
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

elect st.cronin

wow now thats power hungry

Elect LSG
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:19 PM   #110
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

elect st.cronin

Actually, while I am sure that wearing the star will make that person more of a target of the cowboys, the fact that a new sheriff will just be elected will limit their desire to go after him or her specifically, I think.

It would be more to the cowboys' advantage, I think, to try and get their man placed in the position, where he can control who is put in and released from jail.

And actually, I think revealing roles just puts the target more on those who have revealed. For instance, I think Barkeep just put a huge target on himself. His role definition states he knows or can ferret out information on just about anyone in town--including cowboys I imagine. When I first read the role, I thought it was sorta like a seer--which means BK may have outed himself as a seer from the very beginning. I doubt that will end up being very wise.

Back to sheriff, I would suppose we should get some volunteers, as it isn't a position without risk. And usually sheriffs choose to go for that role.

I will not be putting my hat in for sheriff.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:20 PM   #111
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Vote bulletsponge

I'm happy to take his money with the booze, but anyone who promises to be agressive ahead of time is good for a D1 vote from me.

umm is that a vote for sheriff or jail? my finger is getting itchy also
Old 10-08-2006, 07:22 PM   #112
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
And actually, I think revealing roles just puts the target more on those who have revealed. For instance, I think Barkeep just put a huge target on himself. His role definition states he knows or can ferret out information on just about anyone in town--including cowboys I imagine. When I first read the role, I thought it was sorta like a seer--which means BK may have outed himself as a seer from the very beginning. I doubt that will end up being very wise

with all due respect, i have serious doubts Barkeep would give away his role so early. he might be baiting an attack. besides he keeps me drunk
Old 10-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #113
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Good ole townsperson here.

I agree in that whoever is Sheriff is going to have a huge target on them.

just a reminder Chubby, stay outta *hic* my way.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:24 PM   #114
Barkeep49
Coordinator

whoops, guess that wasn't clear.

lynch the town drunk, bulletsponge
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:24 PM   #115
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Back to sheriff, I would suppose we should get some volunteers, as it isn't a position without risk. And usually sheriffs choose to go for that role

LSG and Cronin both are campaigning for the job it seems. Lonestargirl is a good sheriff name
Old 10-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #116
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Cronin, just want to make sure you understand that sporting the silver star is likely to put a target on you. If you are comfortable with that, and that we are not going to be hurt too badly from potentially losing your role early in the game, then I'll throw my vote behind you.

I do understand that. As I said, I also assume there is some balance in the game to prevent every sherriff that isn't a villain from being assasinated.

knives out
Old 10-08-2006, 07:25 PM   #117
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
with all due respect, i have serious doubts Barkeep would give away his role so early. he might be baiting an attack. besides he keeps me drunk
Doubt or not, it's the truth. I am a bartender. I tend bar. I remain hopeful that people other than cronin will join me in revealing their roles. Again, as I preach game after game, information helps the good guys, as the bad guys almost always have more complete information than the good guys. When we are informed we are able to act in concert, the same as the bad guys. So I hope we can ge some more information out there.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:27 PM   #118
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
whoops, guess that wasn't clear.

lynch the town drunk, bulletsponge

WTF! who says im the town drunk! you best take that vote back, cause i wont go down without a fight

you have until tomorow afternoon to unvote me or ill meet you in the streets
Old 10-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #119
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looks like this is going to be a little more interesting than our usual Day 1.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #120
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Bullet i think you need to have another drink.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #121
Fouts
College Starter

Townsperson checking in. I might have the most boring role in the game.

elect LSG
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #122
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Looks like this is going to be a little more interesting than our usual Day 1.

It's still a crapshoot, though. Nobody knows for sure whether me or LSG is wolf or villager.

knives out
Old 10-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #123
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'll throw my name in the ring for sheriff. if people are looking for more people to vote on. I think this is a role we need to have filled ASAP though...even if it's not someone we fully trust to start off with.

I'm a town folk BTW checking in.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:49 PM   #124
SnDvls
Pro Starter

BK - I don't think you can lynch until somone is in jail
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #125
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
BK - I don't think you can lynch until somone is in jail

your right. i was too drunk to realize that. but still BK better drop that lynch vote by high noon
Old 10-08-2006, 08:10 PM   #126
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So all we can do is elect a sherrif? Well in that case I will go with the guy, who, ya know, is providing information. Again information being good for the villagers.

elect st.cronin
Old 10-08-2006, 08:11 PM   #127
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Hey y'all. Villager checking in. Although a cowboy might campaign for the job, I think it would be suicidal for them to release their own kind if they were voted to be lynched. It would draw to much suspicion for them to do that. We probably need someone who is willing to lynch everyone who is sent to jail.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #128
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think shooting an unarmed bartender is not the way to go bullet.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #129
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think shooting an unarmed bartender is not the way to go bullet.

then you should take back your lynch vote. and dont put killing an unarmed man past me. im going to be drunken aggressive this game
Old 10-08-2006, 08:19 PM   #130
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

dola,

i mean im playing my role
Old 10-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #131
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I don't think we should vote for someone who is volunteering

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #132
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Doubt or not, it's the truth. I am a bartender. I tend bar. I remain hopeful that people other than cronin will join me in revealing their roles. Again, as I preach game after game, information helps the good guys, as the bad guys almost always have more complete information than the good guys. When we are informed we are able to act in concert, the same as the bad guys. So I hope we can ge some more information out there.

I understand what you're saying, but there are two issues I have with that:

1. There is some information we just shouldn't have out there this early. One such bit of info is if your role has some seer-like qualities to it. I don't know the specifics of your PM, of course, but the public description of your role certainly lends itself to this. I suspect the wolves will go after you before they even go after the sheriff. Other info to keep hidden: being a bodyguard or a duke. And I suspect in this game, we won't want to reveal we have a gun either.

2. There are so many possible roles in this game that it might be easier for a cowboy to "reveal" as you suggest by picking one of the roles not already claimed in the later stages of some revelations. Too much information not only provides with wolves with targets, but it also gives them more information by which to appear to be villagers themselves.

IMO, we need to be careful about revealing, but not to the point of not revealing nothing. There is a fine balance to be played here.

BTW, I will elect the first sheriff who makes the campaign promise that he will jail bullet on Night 1. That guy's annoying the heck out of me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #133
Thomkal
Head Coach

:::tips his hat to everyone then shuffles a deck of cards:::

Greetings gents and especially you ladies. Anyone for a hand of blackjack or a round of 5 card draw?

I don't have a vice for power so the sheriff role doesn't interest me, I likely will not elect a sheriff who does not reveal their role first. But that's just me.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:34 PM   #134
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post

Is it more risky that we just vote by random? While I think there is a risk in the cowboys infiltrating the office with a candidate, I do agree with the earlier post that it will be difficult for them to help their compatriots while in office because of how open their actions will be to the entire town.

I also think the people who step up to sheriff are likely to be people who have less to fear from the cowboys; i.e. they have a means of protecting themselves. Or they are taking a proactive role to findign the cowboys by ensuring they themselves are in place to do damage to them.

Although running for sheriff is not a free pass without further evidence, I am willing to give candidates the benefit of the doubt.

I actually find it interesting that I am the only one so far who has explicitly stated I do NOT want to be sheriff.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:38 PM   #135
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I'd prefered not to have had the bartender role, but if I start calling for a reveal and then later claim bartender that looks suspicious. I understand those who are reluctant to admit their role, but well I stay by what I've said.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #136
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

Greetings gents and especially you ladies. Anyone for a hand of blackjack or a round of 5 card draw?

I don't have a vice for power so the sheriff role doesn't interest me, I likely will not elect a sheriff who does not reveal their role first. But that's just me.

You are the dealer then?

So we have now...

Barkeep == bartender
st. cronin == adventure-seeking young man
Thomkal == dealer
bullet == not sure, but clearly has a vice of alcohol. He wanted to be the retired dentist, who also happens to like gambling and drinking, but that would be extremely unlikely, as AlanT said the roles were assigned by random.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #137
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Chief: Why would I want to deny myself the opportunity to gain some free protection not to mention the chance to help the villagers? I've cast my vote for someone else, which is my way of saying "I'm not trying to be sherrif" but I why wouldn't you want the perks?
Old 10-08-2006, 08:42 PM   #138
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post

I believe Alan T mentions in his first post under game rules that fifty percent or more of the people in Tombstone need to vote for the same person. Therefore, everyone randomly voting would not work.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:43 PM   #139
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief: Why would I want to deny myself the opportunity to gain some free protection not to mention the chance to help the villagers? I've cast my vote for someone else, which is my way of saying "I'm not trying to be sherrif" but I why wouldn't you want the perks?

But if this is like other WW games, at best you may earn yourself protection from a bodyguard for one night. Likely they will not have the option of protecting you the next night. What then? Do you talk the sheriff into putting you in jail? Not only would you then not be able to use any night actions to help us, but bullet might kill us all in an alcohol-deprived mad rage.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #140
Barkeep49
Coordinator

You are the sherrif. To me, as long as the people don't elect a new one, you are invincible.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #141
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

dola,

Also, nothing says you can't help the town in secret. That is what seers oftne do, in fact, staying hidden. If you do indeed have seer-like abilities, I think the immediate boon of your revelation will end up falling well short of what good you could do in the long term by keeping quiet, as you will in the case of the former be shot or knifed dead as soon as you can be gotten to.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:49 PM   #142
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i dont want to be sheriff, but there are some people who desperatly need killin. every game im in the good peeps are always tryin to get me hanged on day one. well i hope yall realize im goina go out with a bang before that happens this time
Old 10-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #143
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

deal me in pardner, ill take a wager or 2 with ya. just dont cheat me. i dont take kindly to cheaters
Old 10-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #144
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You are the sherrif. To me, as long as the people don't elect a new one, you are invincible.

But you're not going for sheriff, are you? I'm having trouble linking your comment to whatever post prompted it.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:50 PM   #145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I believe Alan T mentions in his first post under game rules that fifty percent or more of the people in Tombstone need to vote for the same person. Therefore, everyone randomly voting would not work.

Just to answer this question, here is from the rules listed in post 1. In the case of a vacated position (due to death or other reasons) just a simple majority vote elects someone to the position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
The Sheriff election is not a mandatory vote, so posting to not choose a new sheriff is unecessary. In the case of an election to replace the currently alive Sheriff in the job, the townspeople must have greater than 50% of the remaining players in the game choose to elect the sheriff. In the case of an election to replace a vacated sheriff position due to death, simple majority vote will be the new sheriff. In all cases, tie-election votes result in no change of the sheriff (even in the case of a vacated job).

More than 50% of the people only applies in voting someone in as sheriff while you currently have a sheriff.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #146
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post

Actually, majority only applies when there is a standing sheriff; i.e. to replace him or her. In situations like this one where there is currently no sheriff, plurality (most votes, regardless of percentage of votes given or voting population) rules.

So if we have 19 single votes, and st. cronin gets 2, then st. cronin is in.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:54 PM   #147
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh, heh, AlanT beat me to the punch.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:56 PM   #148
saldana
Pro Starter

i have no desire to be sheriff...i am more than comfortable enough in my current profession that i see no reason to make myself a target of the cowboys.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:57 PM   #149
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
But you're not going for sheriff, are you? I'm having trouble linking your comment to whatever post prompted it.
I was tlaking about why being the sherrif was good. As long as you are the sherrif you are invincible. You argued the deputies were only good for one night. I said, ah not so. You are the sherrif and those deputies protect you as long as you are the sherrif. This is why I think being the sherrif is so important. So important I am going to change my vote to the guy who I think is most likely a good guy right now (besides myself). While I like cronin, and if it's a two horse race would have no qualms about voting for him, I think for now

Unelect cronin
Elect Chief
as my sherrif.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:04 PM   #150
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I was tlaking about why being the sherrif was good. As long as you are the sherrif you are invincible. You argued the deputies were only good for one night. I said, ah not so. You are the sherrif and those deputies protect you as long as you are the sherrif. This is why I think being the sherrif is so important. So important I am going to change my vote to the guy who I think is most likely a good guy right now (besides myself). While I like cronin, and if it's a two horse race would have no qualms about voting for him, I think for now

Unelect cronin
Elect Chief
as my sherrif.

Is there anything SPECIFIC about CR's posts that make you think he's good? Or is it just a vibe?

knives out