Old 10-08-2006, 09:12 PM   #151
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

wow, 9 people in here, we should get a good discussion up and running
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:13 PM   #152
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

It would be nice to be sherrif, but only because I probably have the most boring villager role out there.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #153
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Hey y'all. Villager checking in. Although a cowboy might campaign for the job, I think it would be suicidal for them to release their own kind if they were voted to be lynched. It would draw to much suspicion for them to do that. We probably need someone who is willing to lynch everyone who is sent to jail.

Okay I just reread the rules. If I understand the rules correctly (which I already misunderstood once), then villagers only vote to lynch someone who is currently in jail and cannot vote to put someone in jail, correct? If this is the case, then we need a sheriff who is going to listen to popular opinion when deciding who to put into jail and release from jail.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #154
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm a little concerned about having Chief in the role of Sheriff. Not so much out of concern of him being evil - don't feel that way at the moment - but because of his usual schedule.

My preference would be to have the Sheriff be someone who is more available to participate in the discussion. The Sheriff is going to have the ability to make life and death decisions - I don't want them to auto-execute or auto-jail. I think it is considerably more difficult for the Sheriff to have to catch up on 200+ posts each night in order to make good decisions. I would prefer to have someone who is around to react to breaking information to provide me with the opportunity to interact with them.

The schedule is a contributing factor for me not pushing for the role - work has the potential to be pretty dicey. I don't really want to put the town in a position where I won't be able to make the best decisions.

I know CR has actively said he doesn't want the role. But Barkeep has now voted for him and others have suggested voting for people who are not campaigning for the job.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #155
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
deal me in pardner, ill take a wager or 2 with ya. just dont cheat me. i dont take kindly to cheaters

:::deals a hand of blackjack:::

No cheating here sir, I don't take kindly to having a hole in my head. Good luck to you.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #156
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I was tlaking about why being the sherrif was good. As long as you are the sherrif you are invincible. You argued the deputies were only good for one night. I said, ah not so. You are the sherrif and those deputies protect you as long as you are the sherrif. This is why I think being the sherrif is so important. So important I am going to change my vote to the guy who I think is most likely a good guy right now (besides myself). While I like cronin, and if it's a two horse race would have no qualms about voting for him, I think for now

Unelect cronin
Elect Chief
as my sherrif.

Hmm, while I appreciate the vote of confidence, I will once again state my desire not to be the sheirff. I don't believe my role, which I would not choose to reveal at this time, is conducive to being sheriff, although I don't believe there is a restriction against it in the rules.

Were the townfolk to vote me sheriff, I suppose I would perform the role as best as I could and to defeat the cowboys, but if given the option (not apparent in the rules), I would probably turn the office down.

Aside from my role, I also have other information about myself that makes me believe I am not suitable for the job.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #157
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
:::deals a hand of blackjack:::

No cheating here sir, I don't take kindly to having a hole in my head. Good luck to you.

hehe ok. your one of the few here who havnt been asking for one
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #158
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
It would be nice to be sherrif, but only because I probably have the most boring villager role out there.

Id like to reaffirm my Sheriff vote for LSG

LSG for sheriff

i dont trust a cagy vet in that role right now. and i dig chicks with guns
Old 10-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #159
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm a little concerned about having Chief in the role of Sheriff. Not so much out of concern of him being evil - don't feel that way at the moment - but because of his usual schedule.

My preference would be to have the Sheriff be someone who is more available to participate in the discussion. The Sheriff is going to have the ability to make life and death decisions - I don't want them to auto-execute or auto-jail. I think it is considerably more difficult for the Sheriff to have to catch up on 200+ posts each night in order to make good decisions. I would prefer to have someone who is around to react to breaking information to provide me with the opportunity to interact with them.

The schedule is a contributing factor for me not pushing for the role - work has the potential to be pretty dicey. I don't really want to put the town in a position where I won't be able to make the best decisions.

I know CR has actively said he doesn't want the role. But Barkeep has now voted for him and others have suggested voting for people who are not campaigning for the job.

I tend to agree with this, as my schedule is going to be an issue on some days (I believe I will be working both jobs Tue and Wed this week, which means I am on very early and very late only). On the other days, I will not be available for much discussion in the day time, but I will return home from work to read discussion, get a vote in and participate in the discussions in and around the deadline and at night.

That said, if people weren't too concerned about the sheriff's participation in discussions, but more about the choices he would make, I would be available to read through all discussions and make night actions as appropriate. My schedule won't inhibit me there.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #160
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Checking in. I had to review the rules, and catch up.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:28 PM   #161
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

you can turn the role of sherrif down?
Old 10-08-2006, 09:30 PM   #162
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Id like to reaffirm my Sheriff vote for LSG

LSG for sheriff

i dont trust a cagy vet in that role right now. and i dig chicks with guns

Thanks Bullet. I am a teacher so I get home around 4 every day, and have weekends off so i'll be here a lot.... But i dont have a vice for power, so either way is good for me.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:30 PM   #163
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If you are elected, you are elected. Doesn't mean you have to do any of the sheriff duties however if you so choose. Not sure though if the fine people of Tombstone would appreciate their Sheriff taking a vacation the first day on the job though!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:30 PM   #164
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

So LSG and Cronin are campaigning for sheriff.

Anyone else throwing their proverbial hat into the ring?

This simple townperson would like to be an informed voter, so I'll be holding off backing a particular candidate for now.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #165
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't believe you can. I'm just saying if I were voted into the office, I may seriously consider turning it down if that is an option. If it is not, though, I would perform the office to the fullest of my abilities.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:33 PM   #166
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

ill vote for someone else if you dont want the job
Old 10-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #167
spleen1015
Coordinator

Another villager checking in.

Like some, I am against role reveals at this time.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #168
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In fact, going on what Barkeep was saying about the Sheriff having protection, this next move makes the most sense to me, if he does indeed have seer abilities.

ELECT BARKEEP

This is the only way I can think to give him nightly protection without knowing more about people's roles or the hidden rules/night actions.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #169
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Oh yeah,

If Karma means anything, then I probably owe LSG a vote for sheriff 'cause I screwed up and got her killed as a rookie.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #170
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Oh yeah,

If Karma means anything, then I probably owe LSG a vote for sheriff 'cause I screwed up and got her killed as a rookie.

Sure did, on my second game to ever play. I'll get you back for that one day Glengoyne
Old 10-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #171
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Chief may in fact be on to something. He would still be susceptible to showdowns, but killing a key town's person sounds like the fast track to a cowboy lynching.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #172
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
ill vote for someone else if you dont want the job

I was referring to what Chief had said earlier... about him not wanting the Sherrif job.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:42 PM   #173
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
In fact, going on what Barkeep was saying about the Sheriff having protection, this next move makes the most sense to me, if he does indeed have seer abilities.

ELECT BARKEEP

This is the only way I can think to give him nightly protection without knowing more about people's roles or the hidden rules/night actions.

but Barkeep wants me to hang
Old 10-08-2006, 09:42 PM   #174
spleen1015
Coordinator

ELECT st. cronin

Regardless of who gets elected sheriff, I would like the see Fouts jailed, then lynched. This is based solely on 1 word in his post. I know it may seem silly, but we have to start some where.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #175
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

ELECT BARKEEP

I think I agree with this so my vote will be the same.

ELECT BARKEEP
Old 10-08-2006, 09:46 PM   #176
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i have no desire to be sheriff...i am more than comfortable enough in my current profession that i see no reason to make myself a target of the cowboys.

Elect saldana

I was always taught to draft someone who doesn;t want to be the leader, because then they'll do the best job.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:46 PM   #177
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
ELECT st. cronin

Regardless of who gets elected sheriff, I would like the see Fouts jailed, then lynched. This is based solely on 1 word in his post. I know it may seem silly, but we have to start some where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Townsperson checking in. I might have the most boring role in the game.

elect LSG

Hold on, lemme guess. Is it "the"? (first one, not second)

Old 10-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #178
hoopsguy
General Manager

Definitely interested in hearing about the one word.

I found it interesting that both LSG and Fouts claim to have very boring jobs. But I didn't take it to be a jailing offense at this point.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #179
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Extended Day 1 voting so far:

Sheriff election:

(1) hoopsguy - ntndeacon (104)
(2) St.cronin - St.cronin (105), Spleen (174)
(2) Lonestargirl - Bulletsponge (109), Fouts (121)
(1) Chiefrum - Barkeep (149)
(2) Barkeep - Chief Rum (168), Racer (175)
(1) Saldana - Anxiety (176)

Lynch votes:

No prisoners in jail to be sentenced today.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:51 PM   #180
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

checking in, so far I'm not sure what to make of the role reveals people have made so far. I am gonna keep to myself for the time being. As for the sherif role I think we are pretty much taking a crapshoot at this point. I think one thing we need to make sure of is that we narrow it down to a few candidates because this is where we are going to start basing out voting patterns off of. For now

VOTE LSG

I think if we stick to one main candidate it would make it much harder for the cowboys to try and get their own person elected and if LSG is a cowboy we look at the patterns.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #181
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Hold on, lemme guess. Is it "the"? (first one, not second)

No. It was the 'I'. Only a cowboy would capitalize the 'I'!

All kidding asside, I know Alan T said he gave each person a different PM to avoid any CoT being built from PMs, but that can only go so far, IMO.

Fouts referred to himself as a 'Townsperson'. Knowing that I'm not a cowboy, I was told I was something other than a 'Townsperson'.

There you go.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #182
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
but Barkeep wants me to hang

No, he just wants you jailed.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:55 PM   #183
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
ELECT st. cronin

interesting, care to elaborate?
Old 10-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #184
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
No. It was the 'I'. Only a cowboy would capitalize the 'I'!

All kidding asside, I know Alan T said he gave each person a different PM to avoid any CoT being built from PMs, but that can only go so far, IMO.

Fouts referred to himself as a 'Townsperson'. Knowing that I'm not a cowboy, I was told I was something other than a 'Townsperson'.

There you go.

um, that's pretty weak imo

knives out
Old 10-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #185
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
No, he just wants you jailed.

No he wants me hanged! i hope he has an bartendin ability that he can find out that i am a humble townsfolk, not a cowboy. or else ill have to kill him
Old 10-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #186
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well, he [i]is[/]i] voting for you, you know! Maybe you should listen to your constituents.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #187
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

Sure it is. Like I said, I was just starting some where.

Here's something else...

I don't like Barkeep's big push for role reveals. He may in fact be the bartender, but that doesn't mean he's a good guy. I think is he a cowboy trying to set the rest of us up. I also worry that those 2 votes for him are cowboys as well.

I know the first couple of days are a crapshoot, but it is better to apply some logic and get lucky than to just blindly pick.

I think we should avoid electing Barkeep, Chief Rum, or Racer as sheriff for the time being.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:01 PM   #188
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, he [i]is[/]i] voting for you, you know! Maybe you should listen to your constituents.

Lemme try again...

Well, he is voting for you, you know! Maybe you should listen to your constituents.

Much better.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #189
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

Here's something else...

I don't like Barkeep's big push for role reveals. He may in fact be the bartender, but that doesn't mean he's a good guy. I think is he a cowboy trying to set the rest of us up. I also worry that those 2 votes for him are cowboys as well.

I know the first couple of days are a crapshoot, but it is better to apply some logic and get lucky than to just blindly pick.

I think we should avoid electing Barkeep, Chief Rum, or Racer as sheriff for the time being.

i agree. 2 of them are out to get me just cause i drink a bit.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #190
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Here's something else...

Well, if your going to go down the road of not wanting me as sheriff, I fully support you there. As for your logic getting there, though, I'm not a friend of cowboys, I assure you. And I don't get a bad vibe from Barkeep at all. If he's a cowboy, he has played it very well to this point.

Racer hasn't said much beyond his vote, so I can't really comment on him.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #191
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i agree. 2 of them are out to get me just cause i drink a bit.

Naw, I am just out to get you because I think you're overplaying your role a touch (and making too many "idle" threats about killing people).

Seriously, I don't have any desire to see you hanged (at least right now).

Old 10-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #192
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Naw, I am just out to get you because I think you're overplaying your role a touch (and making too many "idle" threats about killing people).

Seriously, I don't have any desire to see you hanged (at least right now).

what! are you calling me a lyin yellow bellied chicken?
Old 10-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #193
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
what! are you calling me a lyin yellow bellied chicken?

Nope, I would say you're a too truthful, rashfully brave townsperson, with courage fueled and vision blurred by alcohol.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:13 PM   #194
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nope, I would say you're a too truthful, rashfully brave townsperson, with courage fueled and vision blurred by alcohol.

is that an insult?!

no really is it? i gotta drink less and gamble more
Old 10-08-2006, 10:14 PM   #195
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

IMO barkeep is way to smart of a player to try and pull day one shenanagins. The bottom line is that if the bartender role=seer and barkeep is lying then the real seer will eventually come out and barkeep will be exposed. In these games the seer role is usually a 1-1 trade but it is usally the seer outing a wolf, not a wolf forcing the seer to out themselves.

Untill someone disputes barkeeps claim I say he is on the level.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:15 PM   #196
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
IMO barkeep is way to smart of a player to try and pull day one shenanagins. The bottom line is that if the bartender role=seer and barkeep is lying then the real seer will eventually come out and barkeep will be exposed. In these games the seer role is usually a 1-1 trade but it is usally the seer outing a wolf, not a wolf forcing the seer to out themselves.

I don't think he is lying. I think he has seer-like abilities, while being a cowboy.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #197
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
is that an insult?!

no really is it? i gotta drink less and gamble more

No insult. I enjoy having your gun around, as long as you're one of us.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:17 PM   #198
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

There is nothing in the rules about roles being inherently good or bad. He could be telling the truth about his role, and still be a cowboy. Also, he didn't claim to be the seer - we are just guessing what his 'role' might allow him to do.

knives out
Old 10-08-2006, 10:17 PM   #199
path12
Coordinator

Wow, lots going on early. Just checking in, don't believe I have much of a role but I'm going to hang on to it for now while I get a sense of what's going on.

As for sheriff, I believe I'll wait and see there also. I'm not sure how I feel about those who campaign for it.

I guess to sum up, I'm here but have nothin'
Old 10-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #200
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Here's something else...

I am pretty sure Chief Rum was applying logic to his vote for Barkeep as sheriff. When I read the role descriptions I also thought the role of the bartender could very well be the seer as did Chief Rum. That is the reason why I voted for Barkeep. Also, there have been quite a few people so far that have said their vote has been "random".

While I'm not sure I agree with Barkeep's push to reveal roles, I don't think that indicates he is a Cowboy. I promise you that I am no cowboy.