Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2006, 08:03 AM   #151
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I thank Blade for making this entertaining. I am going to attempt to read this more closely than I did RE, which I read in spurts. This looks like a good group and a nice theme.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:04 AM   #152
spleen1015
Coordinator

Good morning everyone.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:44 AM   #153
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

If Blade is playing a Gollum-type role, I think we should keep him around for a while. For one, he might help us out when we need it, and two, I'd like to see if he can keep this up all game.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:59 AM   #154
SnDvls
Pro Starter

checking in
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:24 AM   #155
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Ditto on the Blade sounds like Gollum theory. He said his role supports being crazy and that is what happened to Gollum. If I recall Gollum started out as a hobbit and found the ring in the river and slowly turned insane as he wore it more and more.

It is odd that Blade is only using one name (Valen) instead of two names like Valen and Balen or such.

I also see the point that BrianD is making. If Blade is coming out so obvious as a Gollum type, it may support the possibility the role has value, maybe to all sides??
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:32 AM   #156
Blade6119
Coordinator

Valen, they are turning against you...what do you plan to do

They are just racist against hobbits, the snobby humans

Their not racist, other hobbits are having their deaths planned out as we speak

Oh, their racist all right...and their republicans

What does that have to with anything?

They just want to keep the short man down

And what does that have to do with you?

Everything, do you think im tall or something?

How many hobbits do you know that are 6 feet tall...

I just had a growth spurt, the others will catch up...just watch
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #157
Blade6119
Coordinator

Line 3 should read "Their not racist, no other hobbits are having their deaths planned out as we speak"
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #158
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Ditto on the Blade sounds like Gollum theory. He said his role supports being crazy and that is what happened to Gollum. If I recall Gollum started out as a hobbit and found the ring in the river and slowly turned insane as he wore it more and more.

It is odd that Blade is only using one name (Valen) instead of two names like Valen and Balen or such.

I also see the point that BrianD is making. If Blade is coming out so obvious as a Gollum type, it may support the possibility the role has value, maybe to all sides??

I would agree that the value is probably to all sides. Really, I'm sure he has his own victory conditions, so he'll probably have to play both sides to meet those conditions.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #159
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

His relative Deagol found the ring in the river. Smeagol craved the ring so much that he had to have it. He said Deagol should give it to him as a birthday present. When Deagol refused, Smeagol ended up killing his best friend and relative for the ring, that is how powerful it called him.

After Deagol's death, Smeagol went deep under the mountain in the river bed to hide so no one could ever take his ring (his precious) away from him. Until one day a hobbit named Baggins supposedly stole it from him.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:36 AM   #160
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I would agree that the value is probably to all sides. Really, I'm sure he has his own victory conditions, so he'll probably have to play both sides to meet those conditions.

You are assuming he actually has an independant role that wasn't listed in the game and its not just a ruse.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #161
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
You are assuming he actually has an independant role that wasn't listed in the game and its not just a ruse.

Yes I am. I could be completely wrong, but I don't see why Blade wouldn't be playing his normal game if he could be. I suppose we could always lynch him and find out, but I think his being around could make things interesting...and it is also possible that he isn't lynchable just so he can stay around and make things interesting.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #162
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Blade,

Who is Valen?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #163
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade,

Who is Valen?

Why, i am...Valen Gutters at your service, how may i assist you?
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 09:53 AM   #164
Blade6119
Coordinator

*serious*

Ive got an accounting test and econ test this morning, as well as a nice 30 minute commute to ASU so i wont be around until at the earliest 1 PM(its 9 AM here as i post this)

*/serious*
Demotivation
Old 11-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #165
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm not liking this deal where everyone votes for someone different, especially where we need a majority vote for a lynch.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:13 AM   #166
Thomkal
Head Coach

Multiple Personality Werewolf. I love it, I can see a new game coming out of Blade's rantings.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:13 AM   #167
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So far the people who haven't checked in today that I can see are:

3. saldana
4. KWhit
5. Scoobz0202
6. ntndeacon
8. Lathum
10. Schmidty
12. Neuqua
19. Izulde
23. Sublime 2
Old 11-06-2006, 10:13 AM   #168
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Once we get some initial votes out, I'm sure we'll start pulling together and try to find a majority.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:14 AM   #169
saldana
Pro Starter

mr W is right, we need to come up with a couple horses to put in a race, probably just 2 to make sure we get to 50%.

as far as blade goes, i was the crazy one last time, and i was actually a good guy that rolled poorly when i tried to fix myself, not a homicidal loon as has been reported....my jury is still out on blade...i want to see how he votes before i make a decision on him. if he does have multiple personalities running around in there, i want to see which one gets to vote before deciding if he is a liability or not.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:20 AM   #170
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

That’s right, we need a majority to lynch. So I guess that is 13 votes on one candidate.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #171
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The delimna as I see it, is on day 1 without any proof of anything the only way one candidate will receive enough of a consensus to get 13+ votes will be either they do something controversal, or they just don't show up to the game.

So far the only person doing anything out of the ordinary enough to be a candidate is Blade, but most people are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for day1.

That leaves someone who doesn't show up , which is why I guess I posted the list of people who hadn't shown up yet to the thread. Right now I likely will vote for someone who is last or latest to check in. Without anything to go on apathy is the biggest reason I'll get behind someone today I guess.

The downside however to ganging up on one person without any great reason (such as voting for someone who doesn't show up) is you don't really learn anything about the vote. But on day 1, I think its probably the safest play. If they aren't going to be around to check in, I doubt they can be counted on to help discuss the votes on day 5+ when it matters the most.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:33 AM   #172
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Here are the current votes:

Grammaticus - Vote Daddy Torgo (124)
Chief Rum - Vote Spleen (126)
St.Cronin - Vote SnDvls (128)
Tyrith - Vote KWhit (132)

I'm currently partial to the Spleen vote since he made such a big deal about never being killed in these games.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:53 AM   #173
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Swaggs

This is basically a throwaway vote right now. This majority thing could cause problems for us poor farmers. Although iam tempted to throw my vote to that thieving Gutters. He tried to steal my 'Maters the other day!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #174
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Hey guys, first time-long time, just getting all caught up and checking in. Won't be around between 3-6pm, I gotta drive back to Boston.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #175
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Vote Swaggs

This is basically a throwaway vote right now. This majority thing could cause problems for us poor farmers. Although iam tempted to throw my vote to that thieving Gutters. He tried to steal my 'Maters the other day!

Ntndeacon,

Do you have in game information on Blade (Valen Gutters)?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:12 AM   #176
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

My early leaning is to vote Blade. I don't like crazy. If he's not crazy then he's acting. And I don't like people who act crazy. The only reason you act crazy is for diabolical reasons. Or to be funny. I don't like funny. Too much funny business going on around here. The beautiful town of Bree has the stink of evil on it, and goofing around is not going to help matters.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:14 AM   #177
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just woke up, so I'm checking in.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:24 AM   #178
Schmidty
Coordinator

Blade is irritating me so much, that I'm leaning heavily toward him. I've read some of your reasons why we shouldn't vote for him, but none of them are very convincing as far as I'm concerned.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:56 AM   #179
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Checking in, I am just an old villegar.

I agree with Saldana and Mr. W that all these scattered votes don't do us any good. I don't think blade would play his role this way unless he had a good reason to or was instucted to by Anxiety so I think we need to put some pressure on people and get information. I know this is usually suicide but I am gonna cast the second vote on someone.

VOTE DADDY TORGO
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #180
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't know how much I will be around this evening. So, I will vote before I miss the opportunity.

VOTE Neuqua

Since Day 1 is random, I'm voting for someone who is responsible for my lynch in the Football game.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:30 PM   #181
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
My early leaning is to vote Blade. I don't like crazy. If he's not crazy then he's acting. And I don't like people who act crazy. The only reason you act crazy is for diabolical reasons. Or to be funny. I don't like funny. Too much funny business going on around here. The beautiful town of Bree has the stink of evil on it, and goofing around is not going to help matters.

For some reason, I love this post.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #182
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to be doing some plumbing today (toilet is leaking), so I'll make my vote now. I should have plenty of time to do the work and come back, but any time you give an IT guy a wrench, crazy things can happen. So for now...

Vote Spleen
Old 11-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #183
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I'm going to be doing some plumbing today (toilet is leaking), so I'll make my vote now. I should have plenty of time to do the work and come back, but any time you give an IT guy a wrench, crazy things can happen. So for now...

Vote Spleen

It is not nice picking on us poor little hobbits!
Old 11-06-2006, 01:11 PM   #184
Swaggs
Coordinator

There usually is not much to go off of on Day 1, but since he voted for me:

Vote ntndeacon
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #185
Tyrith
College Starter

Personally, I'm okay with no lynch today unless we kill off someone that doesn't show up or someone that does something insanely dumb. The odds lean towards us killing someone we don't want to kill, role wise -- I'd rather save warm bodies to have to be night killed if we can. But if someone doesn't show up, we should off them; people have to participate.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:19 PM   #186
Izulde
Head Coach

Oh, I do hope Mr. Gandalf shows up soon!

I do so love his fireworks!

But I'm not going to wander like those crazy Bagginses in the Shire. No sir, I'm staying right here in my own warren like a good hobbit.

Oh, time to eat!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:20 PM   #187
Swaggs
Coordinator

Just catching up and re-reading over things a bit. It is interesting that no one comes out and says things like "Just a simple villager checking in" or "member of the side of light just checking in" anymore. When did this fall out of fashion?
Old 11-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #188
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
It is not nice picking on us poor little hobbits!

I know, and I always feel bad for people on the block day 1. Still, confess your Dark sins and come back to the Light and maybe I'll vote elsewhere.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:26 PM   #189
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Ntndeacon,

Do you have in game information on Blade (Valen Gutters)?

No mention of him on wikipedia and a google search doesn't bring anything up. I am guessing it is a made up name.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #190
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Just catching up and re-reading over things a bit. It is interesting that no one comes out and says things like "Just a simple villager checking in" or "member of the side of light just checking in" anymore. When did this fall out of fashion?

When we started looking at it on day 4 and using it as motivation to start killing people.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #191
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No mention of him on wikipedia and a google search doesn't bring anything up. I am guessing it is a made up name.

Valen Gutters is a made up name. I'm not that worried about that though right now since my name is also a made up name. My name isn't one of the typical names of the area that you would normally see such as the Baggins, Boffins, Tooks, Proudfoot or Brandybuck.

My assumption is the names in the game are in theme but not the exact names of the time, so have given Mr. Gutters a little slack here on day 1.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:32 PM   #192
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

What I mean is, ntndeacon pointed suspicion at blade by saying he may change his vote to him because he stole his “maters”. I want to know if he has some in game knowledge that Blade is a thief, etc. Was he told he had a quarral with him, etc. If not, then he is just making stuff up and clouding the waters.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #193
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What I mean is, ntndeacon pointed suspicion at blade by saying he may change his vote to him because he stole his “maters”. I want to know if he has some in game knowledge that Blade is a thief, etc. Was he told he had a quarral with him, etc. If not, then he is just making stuff up and clouding the waters.

How would he have in game knowledge of this on day 1 though without a night 0? I find it very unlikely that Anxiety put in ntn's PM that Valen Gutters stole his tomatos. I'm guessing Ntndeacon has some tomatos missing and Mr. Gutters over there seems like a likely suspect.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #194
Izulde
Head Coach

A suspected thief, you say? Dear me, dear me... Well, we can't have that now! Someone might steal the pipe my grandfather gave me!

I'll watch from my window, but if nothing else changes my mind, I'll have to cast for that possible thief.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #195
Swaggs
Coordinator

I was just assuming he was joining in on some of the roleplaying going on and playing up the fact that he is a farmer (ie: a good townsfolk-type).

Interesting thinking, though.

ntndeacon, are you a simple farmer or do you know something about Blade already?
Old 11-06-2006, 01:43 PM   #196
Swaggs
Coordinator

Did everyone receive a name with their roles?

I know Alan did. I did also.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #197
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
How would he have in game knowledge of this on day 1 though without a night 0? I find it very unlikely that Anxiety put in ntn's PM that Valen Gutters stole his tomatos. I'm guessing Ntndeacon has some tomatos missing and Mr. Gutters over there seems like a likely suspect.

That’s what I wanted to clarify with ntndeacon. Did he actually get some in game info or did he just make it up? I’m assuming the only place he could get it was on his initial PM. So, did he have tomatoes that he was told were missing or is he just making that up?
Old 11-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #198
Swaggs
Coordinator

Looks like conversation is at a bit of a lull.

I should be back in a few hours.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #199
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did everyone receive a name with their roles?

I know Alan did. I did also.

I assume from the PM that any villager got a name, and I don't really feel that saying my name or not saying my name would give much help to the bad guys. It feels to me like it is just in for flavor.

Perhaps "roled" people have names from the books or similar names to the books, I don't know.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #200
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

If you tell your name to the forces of evil they can control you. I know this for a fact. My mother (bless her soul) told me so.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote