Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Werewolf Small Game - A Werewolf Dance Party (Game Over)

You finished your finals and immediately bolt out the door. You have planned all year to go to Europe during your summer vacation. By yourself you plan on seeing all of the sights of Europe. You spend a few days in London, then on to Paris and finally into Bern, Germany.

While in Germany, you run into some other locals that happen to be close to your age that happen to also speak English. They invite you to go to a party later in the evening, after midnight. They assure you that it will be a party that you will always remember. Being quite the party animal, you of course plan on showing up. You arrive that evening at the correct address, give the secret password to get in that your friend gave you and are allowed inside.

The party is everything you had hoped it would be, alot of attractive girls, great music and an outstanding evening. Suddenly, the lights go out, the room becomes pitch dark. You hear the sounds of panic and feel people bump into you repeatedly. You hear screaming and decide that you've had enough yourself. You start rushing for where you remember the door being. You push people out of your way, others knock you down off of your feet and then suddenly everything goes black.

You wake up the next morning, rather groggy and with a huge headache. You look around you and find yourself in a pool of filth, another body is laying on top of you and others all around you. You manage to crawl out from under the body and suddenly are shocked to realize the person's throat had been ripped out. You look all around you and see corpses. You run for the door and push on it, but it has been barricaded from the other side. You are trapped! You shout out for help, hoping someone.. anyone will hear you.

Suddenly you hear a loud whisper from across the room, "Hey... be quiet, or they'll hear you..." The man waves you over and you hurry behind the counter. He points you down the nearby hallway and you rush down it with him to find a room with suprisingly a handful of other people alive. Most of them look at you distrustfully, when the man who brought you down the hall explains to you what happened. It was supposed to only be a rumor, but unfortunatly it is very real. Once every 30 days there are men who turn into wolves at the full moon night. Their hunger is so great that they must feed on live blood to sustain themselves. Those who are not lucky enough to die instantly, end up cursed as one of them, forever living their lives in hunger for blood themselves.

He whispers to you,"There is no one else alive in here, they must also be here with us... "

Last edited by Alan T : 05-18-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This might seem like a traditional small person game, however everything you know about Werewolf is about to change. This game will have less people like other small games will, but you won't be able to trust the normal truths and plan on surviving this time.

Roles:

Seer - Can scan one player every night and determine the alliegance of that player.

Bodyguard - Can protect one person each night from harm.

Killer - Can kill someone else at night.

Alliegances:

Wolves - You originally came to Europe looking for adventure. During the horrific events of the previous evening you were cursed. You now only care for one thing and one thing alone, feeding your endless hunger for human blood. You will win the game when you have fed as much as you need to suffice your hunger for this night.

Villager - You have come to Europe looking for adventure, and have managed to find it in a way that you had not intended. You currently are trapped inside of the night club with others that look like you.... but are they?

You must manage to kill off the wolves to survive. If you are able to do so, you might find the way out and live just yet.

Day actions:

Each day you must vote for one person whom you want to kill. The person with the most votes will have a stake driven through their heart. In the case of a tie an unknown method for breaking the tie will be used.

Night actions:

Only roles that specifically have night actions may submit one action to me for the night. Any other player will spend the night in fear hoping that they do not die that night.

Personal Messages:

No player is allowed to communicate with any other player, unless I indicate it is allowed. This includes PM, IM or other method of communications as far as discussing this game is involved.

Game Schedule:

Each day time will start at 9am EDT, and each day will end at 9pm EDT. Results from each day and night will be posted at that time.

Other unlisted things:

I reserve the right to modify rules or roles if needed in the best interests of the game.

Last edited by Alan T : 05-14-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

1) St.Cronin
2) Lathum - Killed Day 1 - Wolf Seer
3) Daddytorgo
4) Path12
5) Ntndeacon
6) Saldana - Killed Day 3 - Wolf
7) Michael1123 (Replaced Hoopsguy Day2)
8) Imthecrew - Killed Day 2 - Wolf
9) Brxnivy
10) Chief Rum
11) Richard Weed

Alt) Passacaglia - if after thursday

Last edited by Alan T : 05-17-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:59 PM   #4
st.cronin
General Manager

in

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:23 AM   #5
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #6
Passacaglia
Coordinator

If the start date is Thursday or later, I'm in.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

not seeing how this changes the rules yes, but i'm in.

IN
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #8
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
If the start date is Thursday or later, I'm in.

I have you listed as an alt for now Pass. Ideally I would like to start by mon/tues next week and end it by the weekend so another game can start up the following week though!
Old 05-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #9
path12
Coordinator

Inny.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #10
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I have you listed as an alt for now Pass. Ideally I would like to start by mon/tues next week and end it by the weekend so another game can start up the following week though!

Sounds good.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #11
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I would like to play, but I recently changed my schedule around so I am working days at my primary job, and nights at my second job (as I had been doing before Jabuary). Which means that the standard day-night cycle games are set in a way I can't participate in the day cycles at all.

If you have trouble finding a ninth, I'll play with the condition some days I can put a in lynch vote for the next day before the night cycle deadline in the morning. But it would probably be better if I sit this one out, as I wouldn't be able to participate as much.

So I'll play if you need me, but I don't think you will have problems filling your spots.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #12
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am in.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I would like to play, but I recently changed my schedule around so I am working days at my primary job, and nights at my second job (as I had been doing before Jabuary). Which means that the standard day-night cycle games are set in a way I can't participate in the day cycles at all.

If you have trouble finding a ninth, I'll play with the condition some days I can put a in lynch vote for the next day before the night cycle deadline in the morning. But it would probably be better if I sit this one out, as I wouldn't be able to participate as much.

So I'll play if you need me, but I don't think you will have problems filling your spots.

Jabuary? When was that?
Old 05-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #14
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Jabuary? When was that?
Old 05-11-2007, 04:35 PM   #15
st.cronin
General Manager

Jabuary was when Chief Rum had a really bad cold.

knives out
Old 05-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Jabuary? When was that?

I'm not sure what's funnier. That I made a silly typo, or that you made a typo error making fun of my typo.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #17
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Bump so everyone sees it. Would like a few more people. Aiming to start at the beginning of the next week if we can get a few more.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:01 PM   #18
saldana
Pro Starter

in
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #19
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

I can do this if the game begins on Friday.

Edit-Nevermind. I see it starts next week. Sign me up! (This is Raiders Army)

Last edited by Richard Weed : 05-13-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Richard Weed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #20
hoopsguy
General Manager

Raiders, why the new handle? It appears you lost posts!!!!!1!1!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:21 PM   #21
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Weed View Post
I can do this if the game begins on Friday.

Edit-Nevermind. I see it starts next week. Sign me up! (This is Raiders Army)

Raiders are you playing under this name or under Raiders Army? Also just making sure, you are ok with the game starting this monday? Your post confused me a bit so not sure if you were thinking next week (not this week)
Old 05-14-2007, 07:35 AM   #22
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Raiders are you playing under this name or under Raiders Army? Also just making sure, you are ok with the game starting this monday? Your post confused me a bit so not sure if you were thinking next week (not this week)
Going with Richard Weed. Ah, I thought it was starting on the 21st, not today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Raiders, why the new handle? It appears you lost posts!!!!!1!1!
For some reason, I can't login with Raiders Army. Meh. Just as well, since I was on hiatus from FOFC for a month or so becuase of various reasons ranging from some members pissing me off to my dad dying on April 15th. This is a new beginning for Dick Weed.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:54 AM   #23
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

condolinces on your father
Old 05-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #24
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

in
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #25
brxnivy
n00b

I'll play. I'm new to playing on this forum but have been playing on another site.
brxnivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:53 AM   #26
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brxnivy View Post
I'll play. I'm new to playing on this forum but have been playing on another site.

Good to have you on board, I hope you enjoy the game.

I have the limit of players that I am really wanting for this game. Wanted a smallish group for this rule set. I plan on starting the game later today with roles being sent out at that time. I have some PM's sent to Richard Weed and Chief rum just verifying if they are playing or not first.

Day one will start once roles are randomized and sent. Day one will end 9:00pm PDT on Tuesday night, so it will be an extended day 1.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #27
Swaggs
Coordinator

Sorry to hear about your father, RA.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #28
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

All roles are currently being sent out. Once they have all been PM'd, I will start off day 1. The deadline for day 1 will be 9:00pm EDT Tuesday night.

Role PM's will state the following information:

Villager:

You have come to Europe looking for adventure, and have managed to find it in a way that you had not intended. You currently are trapped inside of the night club with others that look like you.... but are they?

You must manage to kill off the wolves to survive. If you are able to do so, you might find the way out and live just yet.

Wolf:

You originally came to Europe looking for adventure. During the horrific events of the previous evening you were cursed. You now only care for one thing and one thing alone, feeding your endless hunger for human blood. You will win the game when you have fed as much as you need to suffice your hunger for this night.

Of course players with additional roles will have those added to the end of their general allegiance role that is sent out.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:45 PM   #29
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Got my role. Checking in.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #30
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

As you look around the room at the other faces surounding you, some are scared, others just look injured. If the other wolf or wolves are in the room with you right now, you definitly can not tell. Finally one of the other larger men in the room picks up a heavy board and threatens everyone else,"I should just kill you all to make sure I don't get killed tonight!" A few others respond pretty hostile to the man and everything appears to be on the verge of falling apart before a quieter voice from the back of the room speaks up...

"If we kill each other, we'll end up just like those in the main room who did not make it. We have to handle this civily... humanly... " He pauses before continuing,"We should pick one person each day to kill. Surely the wolves would attempt to save their own, and then we will know who to take care of?"

Most of the people in the room think about it for a bit, but finally everyone realizes that this way makes the most sense. You all agree to the plan and find some part of the room to stake up as your own. Some lay down and attempt to rest, but its easy to see that no one will be able to sleep easily tonight.

Day 1 has now started. You must vote on one person in the room to sacrifice in the attempt to survive. To do so, please vote by posting in this thread:

VOTE PLAYERNAME

Make sure the votes are bold and uppercase and stand out so I don't miss them.
Deadline for Day 1 is Tuesday night 9:00pm EDT

Last edited by Alan T : 05-15-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:20 PM   #31
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
This might seem like a traditional small person game, however everything you know about Werewolf is about to change. This game will have less people like other small games will, but you won't be able to trust the normal truths and plan on surviving this time.

Villager checking in. Any thoughts on the above? Based on the role descriptions it looks pretty straightforward, but the above gives me some pause.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #32
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Villager checking in. Any thoughts on the above? Based on the role descriptions it looks pretty straightforward, but the above gives me some pause.

I thought it was odd also.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:14 PM   #33
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

my first thought is that the number of wolves is being played with. Also perhaps the seer is unable to outright say who he has viewed. I am sure our keeper in here has some interesting plans for us all. Of course, he also could have said that just to mess with our heads and make us doubt all the more.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:24 PM   #34
path12
Coordinator

Great. That's what I need, a reason to doubt more in werewolf.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:24 PM   #35
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
my first thought is that the number of wolves is being played with. Also perhaps the seer is unable to outright say who he has viewed. I am sure our keeper in here has some interesting plans for us all. Of course, he also could have said that just to mess with our heads and make us doubt all the more.

interesting
Old 05-14-2007, 04:31 PM   #36
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

just another thought. But we have seen unmentioned roles before. so are those three villager roles all there are?
Old 05-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #37
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, until we have some kind of information that indicates what rules/conventions we can't trust I think that falling back on old (good) habits is probably appropriate. I can't imagine, based upon the PMs, that all conventional wisdom will work against us.

11 people here - guessing 2-3 cursed? With a seer, bodyguard, and a night killer (one time? or repeatable) I'm thinking two.

I can come up with all kinds of kooky ideas that would be different in this game and I'm confident that Alan has done as promised. But based on knowledge so far I don't see anything yet to help make intelligent speculation as compared to wild-ass guesses.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:44 PM   #38
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
just another thought. But we have seen unmentioned roles before. so are those three villager roles all there are?

Now that I look at it, it just says "Roles", not Villager Roles. I guess if the killer is a villager role that would be something like an assassin, but it looks like a weird role for the good guys in so small a game. I guess the killer could be the wolves, but I would have thought that was a given.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #39
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
But based on knowledge so far I don't see anything yet to help make intelligent speculation as compared to wild-ass guesses.

This sums up every day 1 there has ever been.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:46 PM   #40
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
11 people here - guessing 2-3 cursed? With a seer, bodyguard, and a night killer (one time? or repeatable) I'm thinking two.

I'd agree with two. Three seems too much for this size.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #41
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

another possibility on number of wolves is 1 with conversion. That would certainly lessen any trust we had.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:47 PM   #42
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

checking in. gotta reread the rules and see how things differ in this game, but i'm here
Old 05-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #43
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

strangeness...i'm very confused as to what these changes that alan mentioned are.

RA...condolences on your dad.

Is Lathum playing? That'd make my vote easy :-P
Old 05-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #44
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

Checking in now. Thanks for the thoughts. I appreciate it. Now that my mom and dad are both gone, this is the second time I've been orphaned.

Anyhow, it looks to be an interesting game!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #45
saldana
Pro Starter

RA, sorry about your dad

villager checking in
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:40 PM   #46
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Weed View Post
Checking in now. Thanks for the thoughts. I appreciate it. Now that my mom and dad are both gone, this is the second time I've been orphaned.

man...that sucks. I'm really sorry to hear that (again).

and on another note...do you mind if we call you dickweed?
Old 05-14-2007, 09:07 PM   #47
st.cronin
General Manager

Checking in, looking forward to not getting lynched since Alan's not playing.

knives out
Old 05-14-2007, 09:53 PM   #48
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm sure the moderator will frame you, Cronin
Old 05-14-2007, 09:58 PM   #49
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post