Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2007, 10:47 PM   #51
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, until we have some kind of information that indicates what rules/conventions we can't trust I think that falling back on old (good) habits is probably appropriate. I can't imagine, based upon the PMs, that all conventional wisdom will work against us.

I think this is a dangerous way to play. Unfortunately, I can't really offer an alternative yet.

knives out

st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:59 PM   #52
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
RA, sorry about your dad

villager checking in
Thanks sal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
man...that sucks. I'm really sorry to hear that (again).

and on another note...do you mind if we call you dickweed?
Not at all...that's why I chose this name.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:59 AM   #53
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, I'm here. My time will be sketchy through tomorrow and during day discussion in general. But I should be around some at nights, and I will be following along what I can't be here for.

Roles seem to be similar to the WW roles we know, except for killer. So what's different must be the underlying rules.

Some common rules to "test", if we have the chance:

1) More than one of each type of role?
2) BG can protect same person every night?
3) Role passes on to a living player if removed from game?
4) Wolves have only limited communications/PM?
5) The dead can be fed on by the wolves, creating new wolves back from the dead?
6) Traditional roles aren't on traditional sides (seer and BG evil, killer good)?

Anyway, that's just shooting in the dark, and maybe we're reading too much into it. But food for thought.

I will almost certainly be voting tonight already for tomorrow's lynch, as I will not be around all day tomorrow. Short of someone saying, "I'm a wolf, and I dare you to kill me", chances are it will have to be a random vote. Apologies in advance.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:22 AM   #54
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE BRXNIVY

Welcome to the game, rook!

Seriously, the basis for this vote is absolutely nothing. Jump on at your own risk.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:14 AM   #55
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
All right, I'm here. My time will be sketchy through tomorrow and during day discussion in general. But I should be around some at nights, and I will be following along what I can't be here for.

Roles seem to be similar to the WW roles we know, except for killer. So what's different must be the underlying rules.

Some common rules to "test", if we have the chance:

1) More than one of each type of role?
2) BG can protect same person every night?
3) Role passes on to a living player if removed from game?
4) Wolves have only limited communications/PM?
5) The dead can be fed on by the wolves, creating new wolves back from the dead?
6) Traditional roles aren't on traditional sides (seer and BG evil, killer good)?

Anyway, that's just shooting in the dark, and maybe we're reading too much into it. But food for thought.

I will almost certainly be voting tonight already for tomorrow's lynch, as I will not be around all day tomorrow. Short of someone saying, "I'm a wolf, and I dare you to kill me", chances are it will have to be a random vote. Apologies in advance.

some interesting thoughts, but number 5 would have to be pretty much impossible....if, for example, I got killed tonight by the wolves, was dead tomorrow, and then showed up as alive again on thursday, that would be a pretty solid giveaway that I was not a normal villager anymore.

some of your other thoughts are intriguing though.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:46 AM   #56
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Glad to see this game off the ground.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:03 AM   #57
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Villager:
You must manage to kill off the wolves to survive. If you are able to do so, you might find the way out and live just yet.

Wolf:

You will win the game when you have fed as much as you need to suffice your hunger for this night.

Upon further review, the wolf victory condition is the only thing that I saw out of the ordinary in the role PMs. It doesn't indicate a 1:1 ratio or a "kill all villagers" - it seems fairly open-ended.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:45 AM   #58
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

phew. i worried i had missed our D1 vote, but i thought it was Tues.

BTW...FTR...I like the "extended D1" concept very much. Gives people some leeway with checking PM's and what-not.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #59
st.cronin
General Manager

VOTE NTNDEACON

Total hunch, we'll see how this works out.

knives out
Old 05-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #60
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well Cronin beat me to it.

Vote NTNDeacon,

I actualy have what I think is a somewhat solid day one reason. In post 33 NTNDeacon points out that there may be a problem with seer scans. It seems he could be planning to use this down the line if he gets scanned and comes up wolf. He could also be correct about his line of thinking but I guess if I need a day one reason this is as good as any.

Quote:
my first thought is that the number of wolves is being played with. Also perhaps the seer is unable to outright say who he has viewed. I am sure our keeper in here has some interesting plans for us all. Of course, he also could have said that just to mess with our heads and make us doubt all the more.

Subject to change but I will be gone from 2:30 until after the deadline. I also know I am the second day one vote, blah blah blah. Someone has to be.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #61
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Villiger checking in........ Catching up and such
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #62
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Vote NTNDeacon,

I actualy have what I think is a somewhat solid day one reason. In post 33 NTNDeacon points out that there may be a problem with seer scans. It seems he could be planning to use this down the line if he gets scanned and comes up wolf. He could also be correct about his line of thinking but I guess if I need a day one reason this is as good as any.

Subject to change but I will be gone from 2:30 until after the deadline. I also know I am the second day one vote, blah blah blah. Someone has to be.

of course it could also mean he is the seer and is trying to warn us of that under the cover of a hypothetical.

props to you for being the 2nd vote on someone on D1 lathum.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:17 AM   #63
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
of course it could also mean he is the seer and is trying to warn us of that under the cover of a hypothetical.

I would hope the seer wouldn't be so obvious. I would assume they have knowledge of their role and would have no reason to speculate and possibly cause confusion.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:21 AM   #64
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

If that is the case it was too obvious and clumsy a clue and he would have been eaten tonight.

knives out
Old 05-15-2007, 11:48 AM   #65
brxnivy
n00b

I'll buy that reasoning since I don't have much of a reason to vote for anyone right now.

Vote NTNDeacon
brxnivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #66
saldana
Pro Starter

although i have no idea whether or not he is the seer, i am relatively positive that NTN is not a wolf.

i take his statement about playing with the number of wolves to simply be an assumption on his part that there may be conversions in the game

lathum and cronin, i strongly suggest you look elsewhere.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #67
saldana
Pro Starter

with day one being what it is, i am gonna place my vote in the aim of inciting some chatter from him, since everytime i have played with him, he has been the king of UTR

VOTE IMTHECREW
Old 05-15-2007, 11:55 AM   #68
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brxnivy View Post
I'll buy that reasoning since I don't have much of a reason to vote for anyone right now.

Vote NTNDeacon

Quote:
although i have no idea whether or not he is the seer, i am relatively positive that NTN is not a wolf.

i take his statement about playing with the number of wolves to simply be an assumption on his part that there may be conversions in the game

brxnivy, this goes to you as well, and welcome to the game.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:55 AM   #69
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Deadline is in 8 hours (9pm EDT)

Current vote totals:

(3) Ntndeacon - St.cronin (59), Lathum (60), Brxnivy (65)
(1) Brxnivy - Chief Rum (55)
(1) Imthecrew - Saldana (67)

Last edited by Alan T : 05-15-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #70
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Where? I understand you not wanting to jump on a bandwagon..

knives out
Old 05-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #71
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Where? I understand you not wanting to jump on a bandwagon..

thats the problem with it being day 1, i dont really know where....i just know that NTN is not a good choice.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #72
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
thats the problem with it being day 1, i dont really know where....i just know that NTN is not a good choice.

How can you possibly KNOW that?

knives out
Old 05-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #73
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

How do you get conversions from NTN talking about the seers abilities?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:15 PM   #74
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dola- I am not saying I am sure NTN is a wolf but day 1 is always a crapshoot and I am trying to make somewhat of an educated guess.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:15 PM   #75
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Alan, were there any night zero actions?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #76
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

another question, are there unlisted roles?

the only way I can imagine Saldana being sure is if they are brothers and even then I am not sure it could clear NTN
Old 05-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #77
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, were there any night zero actions?

If anyone had any Pre-Day 1 actions, only they would know about it. For game purposes, we started on Day 1 with no Night 0.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #78
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
another question, are there unlisted roles?

the only way I can imagine Saldana being sure is if they are brothers and even then I am not sure it could clear NTN

Or maybe lovers, where one dies and the other dies too. The other thing I'm wondering is if its like this:

ntn = villager
saldana = wolf

Then ntn gets lynched, saldana becomes semi-cleared.

knives out
Old 05-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #79
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

My only comment about what is and is not in the game is this line from the rules:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
This might seem like a traditional small person game, however everything you know about Werewolf is about to change. This game will have less people like other small games will, but you won't be able to trust the normal truths and plan on surviving this time.

I have not stated if the role list is all inclusive or not thus far. As people die, perhaps many of you might be able to start connecting the dots however.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #80
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
If anyone had any Pre-Day 1 actions, only they would know about it. For game purposes, we started on Day 1 with no Night 0.

Based on that, I think we either assume Saldana had some kind of Night 0 role or that he is a wolf trying to gain trust. But coming out with something like that would be pretty bold for a wolf day 1.......then again, in a short game a couple days trust can go a long way.

Hmmm. Mysterious games suck early.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #81
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Based on what Saldana says I am not married to my vote but I need to hear a little more before I change to ITC which is where I'll go based on his general silence in these games
Old 05-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #82
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Based on what Saldana says I am not married to my vote but I need to hear a little more before I change to ITC which is where I'll go based on his general silence in these games

I'd like to hear from a couple people, but I'm not eager to jump on ITC. I think he gets a little bit of a bad rap for being quiet -- we've lynched him a few times for talking also after all, so I can understand him wanting to be circumspect.....to an extent, of course.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:42 PM   #83
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If I change to ITC it will be for the purpose of creating a tie and forcing some conversation.

I think we learn alot more in the long run from having 2-3 candidates on day one then everyone just voting for each other. If I switch off NTN it won't be onto someone who has no votes. That leaves brxinvy and ITC.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:42 PM   #84
st.cronin
General Manager

My philosophy is I don't change my vote on day 1 unless there is a tie or somebody reveals.

If it were day 2 I'd be a lot more tempted to listen to saldana. As it is, maybe he's right, maybe not ... I just can't think of a (non-sinister) reason for him to KNOW that ntn is good.

knives out
Old 05-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #85
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
If I change to ITC it will be for the purpose of creating a tie and forcing some conversation.

I think we learn alot more in the long run from having 2-3 candidates on day one then everyone just voting for each other. If I switch off NTN it won't be onto someone who has no votes. That leaves brxinvy and ITC.

I understand the reasoning. But forcing conversation day 1 usually leads to bad assumptions IMO.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:36 PM   #86
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well I am leaving and I see no real reason to change my vote for better or worse.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #87
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I understand the reasoning. But forcing conversation day 1 usually leads to bad assumptions IMO.

I generally agree with this in larger games. But with the accelerated action in small games I think I would rather have conversation than not even on Day 1.

Linkage - Saldana trusts NTN as non-wolf. NTN, do you reciprocate that trust or should this be considered a one-way association?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #88
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE IMTHECREW

subject to change...blah blah blah. just don't want to be a part of lynching someone important if saldana knows something.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #89
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
VOTE NTNDEACON

Total hunch, we'll see how this works out.

Quote:

Vote NTNDeacon,

Quote:
Originally Posted by brxnivy View Post

Vote NTNDeacon

This is just CRAP! If I could I would vote off all three of you for this bull hockey! I got railed upon for asking the questions in previous games ands now. I get pounced on for trying to figure out what Alan meant. I don't know if any of my possibilities are valid. I am just using my imagination to come up with possibilities. If you 3 can't see that then maybe you should go to a corner of the flooer and just wait there for the wolves to feed on you. The only one who even tries to give a reason is Lathum, and even his reasoning is so flawed you could run a truck through it.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #90
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

It wasn't even an assuption, really. I was throwing it out there as a possibility. I have no clue really how many wolves there are. If I go with what would be considered the norm I would say 2 but we already have been warned about making those assumptions. I don't know how he went. I think we should just assume we have more than we think there are, Several players here get better when we get up against the wolves winning.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #91
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I generally agree with this in larger games. But with the accelerated action in small games I think I would rather have conversation than not even on Day 1.

Linkage - Saldana trusts NTN as non-wolf. NTN, do you reciprocate that trust or should this be considered a one-way association?

yes, I do trust saldana. I definately wont be voting for him.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #92
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am taking brxnivy's vote on me as a bit suspicious. it sure looks like a pile on vote to me. so since my vote needs to go somewhere.

Vote Brxnivy
Old 05-15-2007, 04:46 PM   #93
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
yes, I do trust saldana. I definately wont be voting for him.

Would you care to explain why? Even a hint would be cool.

knives out
Old 05-15-2007, 04:51 PM   #94
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Look! let's just leave it as I feel closer to him than any one of you suckers. All right?
Old 05-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #95
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

and i already gave a hint
Old 05-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #96
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
and i already gave a hint

It would be more convincing if you both gave the SAME hint. As it is, I feel as though I'm being manipulated.

knives out
Old 05-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #97
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is what I show for the votes:

(2) Brxnivy - Chief Rum (55), ntndeacon (92)
(2) Imthecrew - Saldana (67), DaddyTorgo (88)

Given that NTN and Saldana are cross-vouching for each other right now, I'm inclined to steer clear of them today. The fact that none of the three votes have moved since Saldana came forward is strange to me. Saldana's act doesn't clear NTN, but the linkage between the two is significant for future actions.

So without better logic for Day 1, I'll look to vote for someone who has a view that I don't agree with at this point. I'll switch to protect NTN if needed - I should be around as deadline approaches it, but for now I'll put it on the person who concerns me the most among the three voting for NTN.

VOTE LATHUM
Old 05-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #98
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
It would be more convincing if you both gave the SAME hint. As it is, I feel as though I'm being manipulated.

I sorry you can't see the hints out there. We have been pretty obvious already. taking off the striped shirt and black hat might help though.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:27 PM   #99
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Here is what I show for the votes:

(2) Brxnivy - Chief Rum (55), ntndeacon (92)
(2) Imthecrew - Saldana (67), DaddyTorgo (88)

Given that NTN and Saldana are cross-vouching for each other right now, I'm inclined to steer clear of them today. The fact that none of the three votes have moved since Saldana came forward is strange to me. Saldana's act doesn't clear NTN, but the linkage between the two is significant for future actions.

So without better logic for Day 1, I'll look to vote for someone who has a view that I don't agree with at this point. I'll switch to protect NTN if needed - I should be around as deadline approaches it, but for now I'll put it on the person who concerns me the most among the three voting for NTN.

VOTE LATHUM

It doesn't concern you that two players are vouching for each other on DAY ONE? That doesn't seem a little odd to you?

knives out
Old 05-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #100
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

I'll make it interesting: VOTE IMTHECREW

Let's see what happens now.