Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #201
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
And Cronin, did you give a good reason for voting me?

No, and I don't really have one. I may move my vote if something develops.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #202
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Hindsight being 20/20, did we learn enough on Night 1 to justify the "no lynch" line of action? Based on what I've read so far, probably not. If you are trying to raise a point for future games, message received loud and clear. But it isn't really helping us ferret out wolves this game.
That sort of was my point, and so I will pursue it no further.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #203
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
It depends on what the recipes are, no? I'm guessing there are some recipes we would prefer to destroy if possible.

I'd agree with that. If a recipe can do nothing but harm for the village, though, I'd rather the owner of the recipe keep quiet about it and destroy it without us knowing.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #204
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Seems to me something about Pass just isn't sitting well. First he jumps on Swaggs and then seems to be highly knowledgeable about what the wolves might or might not know

And Cronin, did you give a good reason for voting me?

You saw my reasoning for "jumping on" Swaggs. I think they're valid. As for my knowledge...I'm just working with what we've got in the rules. It's all part of helping the village.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #205
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Anyway, I passed my recipe. Hopefully whoever I passed it to can verify that it was what I said it was, if that helps any.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #206
st.cronin
General Manager

I actually like the way Pass is playing, I don't have a bad feeling about him at all.

knives out
Old 07-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #207
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Why destroy it without letting us know it? I would guess there are limited quantities of a recipe in the game. Seems to me that would be good info to have.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #208
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I wasn't saying I was going to vote for you Pass, just expressing some concern.
It definitely feels like we are on day one all over again though.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #209
st.cronin
General Manager

Is it even possible to destroy a recipe? I brought that up, but I wasn't really being serious.

knives out
Old 07-05-2007, 09:55 AM   #210
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I didn't see anything in the rules about destroying a recipe. Alan could probably answer that here or via PM, but I didn't feel it was worth bugging him about, at least for me.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #211
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I didn't see anything in the rules about destroying a recipe. Alan could probably answer that here or via PM, but I didn't feel it was worth bugging him about, at least for me.

Sure, a recipe is just a piece of paper, I'm pretty sure you could destroy it beyond all belief. However that doesn't mean that information dies with the recipe being destroyed, or there isn't another copy of that recipe available somewhere, or that you would even want to destroy a recipe for some magic that is far beyond what you as a student would understand just yet.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #212
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Sure, a recipe is just a piece of paper, I'm pretty sure you could destroy it beyond all belief. However that doesn't mean that information dies with the recipe being destroyed, or there isn't another copy of that recipe available somewhere, or that you would even want to destroy a recipe for some magic that is far beyond what you as a student would understand just yet.

Right, it just means that it wouldn't get passed when you die?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #213
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I just read over DT's posts.

There are two things that could get him killed:
1. He stated he had mercury
2. He voted against hoopsguy (though later he retracted this vote)

As I don't know anything about mercury and its usefulness, I'm going to think that perhaps his suspicion of hoops is what got him killed and go in that direction for my vote at the moment.

Vote hoopsguy
Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 AM   #214
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Right, it just means that it wouldn't get passed when you die?

Correct, it would no longer be passable
Old 07-05-2007, 11:17 AM   #215
hoopsguy
General Manager

In regards to me/DT, what is more likely?
1. He voices concerns about me as a wolf and I as a wolf decide to kill him on Night 1?
2. He voices concerns about me as a wolf and the wolves (knowing that I'm a villager) think that may provide a distraction for today?

This is leaving out anything to do with mercury, with trying to randomize their actions, or whatever else the wolves would try to accomplish with their kill. My point here is that I know, and hope others will believe, that this is a red herring.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:17 AM   #216
path12
Coordinator

Catching up. I spent the night in the kitchen.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #217
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Has anybody had any indication that they might become aware of other player's night actions based on what room they're in?

Nobody else was mentioned in my PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #218
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
1. He voices concerns about me as a wolf and I as a wolf decide to kill him on Night 1?
2. He voices concerns about me as a wolf and the wolves (knowing that I'm a villager) think that may provide a distraction for today?

This is leaving out anything to do with mercury, with trying to randomize their actions, or whatever else the wolves would try to accomplish with their kill. My point here is that I know, and hope others will believe, that this is a red herring.

I could see #1 being true and using #2 as a reason to give to all of us that it wasn't me. Of course the problem with that is in most games the 1st dead has voted for someone.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #219
path12
Coordinator

I want clarification from Izulde about where he was last night.

VOTE IZULDE
Old 07-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #220
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I didn't get anything like that either, path.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #221
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I wonder if we can track the wolves by locations at night.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #222
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I wonder if we can track the wolves by locations at night.
I'm skeptical considering no one has come forward stating that they saw another person with them last night and I know someone was in the same place as I was (the storeroom).
Old 07-05-2007, 11:30 AM   #223
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Has anybody had any indication that they might become aware of other player's night actions based on what room they're in?

no, there was nothing in my post of anything except that I did not understand what iwas looking at. I might with more study though.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #224
hoopsguy
General Manager

I didn't get any location info either - sounds like both Path and I have to take each other at their word that they were in the kitchen.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #225
hoopsguy
General Manager

FWIW, DaddyTorgo was found in the library - his location is included in the PM (post #145) so I'm guessing that location is important in some way, even if it isn't spelled out for us in the PMs.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #226
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'm skeptical considering no one has come forward stating that they saw another person with them last night and I know someone was in the same place as I was (the storeroom).
Me too.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #227
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

I've found that many times the simplest explanation is the best one. We can debate whether the simplest explanation has to do with his item or with his vote against you but you're a smart enough player to know that claiming to be a smart player is a great defense against doing an action that is simply explained .
Old 07-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #228
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Heh. I missed posts 201 through about 210 initially.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #229
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
FWIW, DaddyTorgo was found in the library - his location is included in the PM (post #145) so I'm guessing that location is important in some way, even if it isn't spelled out for us in the PMs.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I suspect there are some players/potions/magical items that will be able to make use of location in some way useful to the village.

For the record, I saw nothing last night, and got no indication that I could in the future. I'm planning on staying in the Great Hall again tonight.

knives out
Old 07-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #230
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

my guess is that is where DT was going for the evening. I don't think that means that the sect member that killed him stayed in the kitchen. I have visions of the Jack the Ripper game in my head...when thinking of that.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #231
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Also I have something that I think is important. (Mind I have no proof of this yet.) I started the game with the artificial lens. There is a jump in reasoning ihave made regarding it, but it is not something i havelearned from any source, but it makes sense. I do not plan to keep this, as I dont want the wolves to end up with it.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #232
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Also I have something that I think is important. (Mind I have no proof of this yet.) I started the game with the artificial lens. There is a jump in reasoning ihave made regarding it, but it is not something i havelearned from any source, but it makes sense. I do not plan to keep this, as I dont want the wolves to end up with it.
I don't understand this post and it seems important, beyond the fact that you have the artificial lens but are planning on sending it to someone else.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #233
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I think the lens is used for something important. My guess would be Crystal Ball.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #234
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Seems like an odd play. Do you see yourself as being a possible lynch or night kill candidate for some reason?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #235
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I was trying to share info. Once I had shared it I thought it would be something the wolves eould like to keep us from having. So I figured telling what Ihave then passing it would be a better use to everyone.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #236
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, are actions involving passing an item processed right away, or at the end of the day? So if I wanted to pass an item to NTN, for example, and sent you the PM, would you then send him a PM as soon as you read it or would he find out at the end of the day?

If it is real-time, then there is potential for multiple passes of an item - for example from Player A to Player B and back to Player A after validating, or on to Player C to see if we can find a point where the item stops moving (someone - a wolf? - wants it for their own devices).
Old 07-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #237
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think the heat is off Swaggs a little bit here. I didn't exactly suspect him of being a wolf, but I just wanted to place a vote as a point that I didn't like the idea of everyone passing him ingredients. Since we don't seem to be exploring that much, I'll lay off him.

UNVOTE SWAGGS
Old 07-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #238
st.cronin
General Manager

Pass, I have no intention of giving Swaggs anything. I neither trust him, nor distrust him.

knives out
Old 07-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #239
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, are actions involving passing an item processed right away, or at the end of the day? So if I wanted to pass an item to NTN, for example, and sent you the PM, would you then send him a PM as soon as you read it or would he find out at the end of the day?

If it is real-time, then there is potential for multiple passes of an item - for example from Player A to Player B and back to Player A after validating, or on to Player C to see if we can find a point where the item stops moving (someone - a wolf? - wants it for their own devices).

The passes are performed real time within reason. The intent is to allow someone to be passed an ingredient or item, plus be able to make a potion or magical item , plus be able to use it all within the same day cycle.

I don't have it in the rules, but I probably should limit 2 passes per day for any particular ingredient or item as mass validation isn't really the intention of this rule.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #240
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also in the ingredients listed in the rules, Holy water has been renamed to Spring water. The properties of the ingredient or any recipe it is in has remained unchanged, only the name was changed.

Sorry to add confusion.. This post I previously made was incorrect and due to a mess up on my part. I changed back Spring water -> Holy water in the potion list like it was previously.

In order to clear any further confusion, I have potions and magical items listed in the rules, but I don't have the ingredients listed in the rules for a reason. Since I messed up here, I'll try to explain fully so there isn't further confusion.

Holy Water = Potion with some unknown function or usage.
Spring Water = an ingredient that can be used in something.

If there are any other questions regarding this, feel free to drop me a PM. Once again sorry for any confusion caused here.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:09 PM   #241
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Nice catch Hoops. I was under the impression that we would see the results of passing away stuff at the end of the day instead of real time.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #242
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, what happens to the items of the person who is lynched? Do they exit the game, are they randomly assigned, or something else?
Old 07-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #243
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by therules
Ingredients and items of players who are killed by the daily vote will be randomly given out to those whom voted for them. Any potions or finished magical items will be given to the "deciding" vote on the player.
Here ya go hoops.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #244
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Day 1 start
Day 1 end

Game roster:
3) Daddytorgo - Killed night 1

No role listed, no formal name listed.
Was DT one of the people who listed his formal name in the thread? I am beginning to think it is less likely that this is important (based on the lack of that info in the post above) but am not willing to 100% abandon it until finding that DT kept that info to himself.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #245
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thanks, BK. I would suggest then that if a "villager" is going down to the vote that they strongly consider passing their items rather than going with a random dispersal among those voting for the person.

If they want to give the item to a person who voted for them, more power to them. But they might as well pick their fate rather than having random.org make the decision for them.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #246
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Hoops, DT did not ever mention what his name was.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #247
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, where did everyone go? I'm sneaking away from my meeting to see what is going on and the answer is nothing.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #248
st.cronin
General Manager

Dunno whats up, hoops, but I only count 3 votes so far:

1 - LoneStarGirl - st.cronin (164)
1 - hoopsguy - Barkeep49 (213)
1 - Izulde - path12 (219)

knives out
Old 07-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #249
st.cronin
General Manager

Everybody has checked in at some point, as well.

knives out
Old 07-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #250
hoopsguy
General Manager

Confirmed, Cronin. I just went through that same exercise as well. So it sounds like only a few people got meaningful information last night in terms of recipes/potions/etc.

OK, so if you were a wolf and didn't want to give away info how would you have played today?
1.) Not be the first to report info - you may or may not have PMs that are similar to what villagers received
2.) When you do report, don't report that you have info. Not at this point - there are enough people saying they have nothing

I would expect the wolves to change gears after today, but the plan above is how I expect they would have acted given the info we have seen so far. So, that is going to govern my voting behavior tonight unless someone can come up with what they consider a significant flaw here or a better approach.