Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Which game should I run?
Werewolf: Caribbean Cruise 8 61.54%
Werewolf: Prison Break 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Help me pick my next game!

My turn to ask for help from everyone. My turn to host again is coming up in the next two months, and I'm starting to question myself regarding which game to run this time. I wanted to see from you all which one would be the one most people would prefer to play in.

1) Werewolf: Caribbean Cruise:

You have decided it was time to take a vacation, but money is tight. You chose a discount Cruise lines for your trip, but are starting to second guess that decision. This is a game I actually built up two years ago and have spent much time tweaking it and never quite being ready to run with it. The main catch in this game is there is no randomness at all involved. No randomness involved in the assigning of roles, in the tiebreaker, in the nightly or daytime actions.. no random.org this time at all. All decisions in this game will be directly due to player's choices and actions during the course of the trip. There will be time spent both aboard the boat as well as time taken on various island destinations along the way.

2) Werewolf: Prison Break:

You have been incarcerated in the Fox River federal penitentiary. As was very true in the movie 'Shawshank Redemption' , everyone there is obviously innocent... As you would expect in any prison, there are several different groups of prisoners, all working for their own best interests. I would not be suprised to see some players end up as prison staff as well. All prisoners will have the primary goal of getting out of prison, either by escaping or achieving some task that allows for your free release. The main stars of this show of course are Michael Scofield and his brother Lincoln Burrows whom have to escape by the date of Lincoln's set execution or they fail their goal. Other prisoners may decide to either assist Michael and Lincoln in return for being able to escape with them as well, or they might consider turning them in for various rewards or benefits.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I voted for the Cruise. I've found my recent games, which have all had little or no random.org use, is quite fulfilling and have all been generally well received by the community.

Plus, while I like the idea of a prison break theme, I think the original themes you create are quite good.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 03-03-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
path12
Coordinator

I voted Cruise also, even though I'm much more a fan of random.org than many (as might be deduced from the last game!). Never watched Prison Break, but I'll usually pick the original game over the movie/book/tv show game most every time.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:08 AM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I like both ideas and want to see them both played out, but I went with the cruise for much the same reason BK did. Neither of my last two games, Major League and The Cubicle, had hardly any randomness, and I think it has made for much more interesting games, where skill (not luck) is the important factor.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #5
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm most interested in the "no randomness assigning the roles" - I wonder how that part of the game is going to work. Is it something where your in-game actions determine faction? Like a "choose your own adventure"? I honestly have no idea how this could be implemented, so I'm curious to see what he means about that part.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #6
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I agree that the less you need random.org, the better. I'm not sure if I would go as far as applying that to roles, but I'd be interested in trying whatever you've got planned.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote