Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #451
J23
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, when you gave up your character name, I expected a lynch on you and then EF to win the game. Oh well, good game wolves.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #452
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Well, crap, I guess I was a wolf.

*high-five* Awesome job, teammate
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #453
Poli
FOFC Survivor

All the duke play did for me was know which villager I could absolutely trust.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #454
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I don't understand your tactic as duke here PB. You tried to get people to lynch you so you could duke it to them, but how is it any more likely to hit a wolf than a villager when the village has no real information? Why not play a normal game and then save your duke until you have something damning on someone and duke it to them? When your attitude was oh well, go ahead and lynch me, I assumed you might be the brutal, and was ok in "taking one for the team" so to speak, especially when we had already lost so many roled villagers. I didn't even consider you playing the duke like that.

I wanted to see who would put votes on me, which you and EF both did twice. I picked between the two people that I was able to drive "villager" votes (meaning, I knew I was a villager) with. I screwed up picking you over EF, that was really all. PLUS, once we lost seer/BG, we had no shot at COT w/o a reveal by me (which likely wouldn't have been believed) or getting myself lynched.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #455
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

When ntn posted about my choice of picking a character I thought I was screwed. I honestly know nothing about the MK universe and saw that character name in a search so I did the whole Shu something post.

Then Telle found out that the person she claimed to be wasn't exactly a "good guy" in the MK realm.

Very nice job by Telle being prepared and coming out with a name quickly. She saved us with that play I believe.

We probably bored DV as we were very quiet wolves. I was actually trying to not say much just to see how it played out if it didn't look like we had anything planned between us for voting.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #456
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I have to say, day two became a wolves' wet dream. The seer being lynched and then picking right and killing the BG.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #457
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I got really paranoid on the day of the duking. It suddenly hit me that PB was the duke (when he was trying to get Poli to claim the role) and I thought I was about to be duked to.

Thanks for the game DV, good game.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #458
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
*high-five* Awesome job, teammate

Old 03-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #459
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I think I know my fate for next game though.

(looks over shoulder to see if Poli is watching)
Old 03-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #460
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I wanted to see who would put votes on me, which you and EF both did twice. I picked between the two people that I was able to drive "villager" votes (meaning, I knew I was a villager) with. I screwed up picking you over EF, that was really all. PLUS, once we lost seer/BG, we had no shot at COT w/o a reveal by me (which likely wouldn't have been believed) or getting myself lynched.

I'm more refering to your trying to get lynched since day1 comment. I just don't see how it's any better than a random duking.

Obviously, I can understand duking to someone if you're going to be lynched since it makes you 100% trusted, and there's at least a chance of hitting a wolf. However, trying to force the matter, especially early in a game, just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #461
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm more refering to your trying to get lynched since day1 comment. I just don't see how it's any better than a random duking.

Obviously, I can understand duking to someone if you're going to be lynched since it makes you 100% trusted, and there's at least a chance of hitting a wolf. However, trying to force the matter, especially early in a game, just doesn't make sense to me.

I more wanted to start getting some conversation around me. I was being a bit sarcastic saying that I was trying to get D1 lynched, but I was trying to lay the groundwork that an eventual push on me could be easy enough to get the votes. Then it would just be a matter of choosing which 'pusher' to vote for.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #462
Danny
Head Coach

I don't understand not duking to the person you're voting for. You learn more in the event you're wrong and since you voted for the person, you'd think you'd want to duke them.

Autumn did the same thing in the last game when he duked away from PB onto Daddytorgo.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #463
J23
College Benchwarmer

Oh well, you almost had EF I guess.

I had guessed that both of you might have been wolves with the bickering back and forth from you two. Of course I didn't think of the fact that there were likely only 2 wolves, which would have made that scenario a lot less likely.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #464
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I blew the choice. And I had put in the order for EF hours earlier and at the last minute, convinced myself that I must be wrong. 10 minutes before the deadline, I switched it to you.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #465
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Good game y'all. It is good to know that sometimes my radar is not totally wrong.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #466
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Yeah, I blew the choice. And I had put in the order for EF hours earlier and at the last minute, convinced myself that I must be wrong. 10 minutes before the deadline, I switched it to you.

Phew, my subliminal posts worked.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #467
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm just SOOO happy with the way this went down with me being lynched basically because of how the villager PMs were worded.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #468
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I'm just SOOO happy with the way this went down with me being lynched basically because of how the villager PMs were worded.

Should say how the vanilla villager PMs were worded.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #469
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, Danny, I think the only real way the Duke is helpful in the game is if he's a lead lynch candidate and dukes to the other lead lynch candidate. That's a whole lot of vote history exposed instantly. I goofed the other game thinking that PB was hinting at a seer finding. It's a hard role to use well.

It seems like the wolves have been cleaning the table these past few games. Getting the seer and the BG so quickly, that was nasty.

What made you guys nightkill me?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #470
J23
College Benchwarmer

I was really surprised when Danny voted you for it since I knew it meant you had a role, but suspected it could easily have been a villager role. It put you on my radar, but I didn't want to lynch you at that point. The rest of the run happened before I got back to the thread sadly :/
Old 03-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #471
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yes, Danny, I think the only real way the Duke is helpful in the game is if he's a lead lynch candidate and dukes to the other lead lynch candidate. That's a whole lot of vote history exposed instantly. I goofed the other game thinking that PB was hinting at a seer finding. It's a hard role to use well.

It seems like the wolves have been cleaning the table these past few games. Getting the seer and the BG so quickly, that was nasty.

What made you guys nightkill me?

Just fishing and it looked like you weren't someone that was going to draw fire anytime soon. The top three in my mind to go after were Lathum, KWhit and Danny but stayed away from Lathum and KWhit because they looked poised to draw scrutiny the next day.

Also thought about Poli but his reveal had me worried about potentially wasting a night kill on him and creating a trusted player.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #472
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I was really surprised when Danny voted you for it since I knew it meant you had a role, but suspected it could easily have been a villager role. It put you on my radar, but I didn't want to lynch you at that point. The rest of the run happened before I got back to the thread sadly :/

Well, I went with the odds there. I had one of the two important villager roles, so I figured Kwhit was either the seer or one of two wolves.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #473
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

One thing I don't understand (and some of of the last few games had this too) is when someone uses the logic of "Don't lynch him, he's probably the brutal and that would screw us". That logic (and it's come from villagers) is totally weird because you have to kill the brutal eventually to win. So NOT killing him because you're scared of the result of the extra kill just doesn't make any sense. Either kill him now or kill him later you still have to kill him and the extra kill will eventually come. Am I missing something?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #474
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
One thing I don't understand (and some of of the last few games had this too) is when someone uses the logic of "Don't lynch him, he's probably the brutal and that would screw us". That logic (and it's come from villagers) is totally weird because you have to kill the brutal eventually to win. So NOT killing him because you're scared of the result of the extra kill just doesn't make any sense. Either kill him now or kill him later you still have to kill him and the extra kill will eventually come. Am I missing something?

In the game it was 3-2 at the time. If they had lynched me (the brutal) it would have been 2-1 after the lynch and subsequent brutal kill. The night kill would have then made it 1-1 and game over.

If they lynched Telle instead of me it would have been 2-1 going into the next day and then lynching me would trigger my brutal but would leave one villager standing for the win for the village.

It only matters when you get down to a 1 person difference between the village and wolves.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #475
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I had Telle nailed but no one would listen.

If I may give some constructive criticism to DV, the way the PM's were done was very confusing with regards to being a vanilla villager, yet also having a name that had a role in the game.

I think this created a lot of confusion. My advice would be if you are going to send out a generic PM post it in the game thread for everyone to see so there is no meta gaming going on.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #476
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Oh no problem with constructive criticism, i was about to ask what everyone thought of this game anyways, see how my first one did. Questions, comments, concerns?

And i know it's my fault, but in my defense i did post that not all roles would be in the game and in the PMs it said vanilla villager. But i get what u all mean, problem will not occur again :-)

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #477
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Oh no problem with constructive criticism, i was about to ask what everyone thought of this game anyways, see how my first one did. Questions, comments, concerns?

And i know it's my fault, but in my defense i did post that not all roles would be in the game and in the PMs it said vanilla villager. But i get what u all mean, problem will not occur again :-)

It's unfortunate that I picked up on kwhit having a role. I contemplated keeping it to myself for a variety of reasons...but I felt that the wolves had picked up on the same thing I did and that his best chance at survival if he was a villager was to reveal. I figured if push came to shove he'd come clean...but he didn't.

If he reveals, I wonder how different things would have been.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #478
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems we've had a rash of seers and bodyguards getting lynched without revealing lately, though maybe that's not the case. Maybe people are playing too close to the vest, or just not around at deadlines.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote