Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Barnstorming HS Dynasty (NCAA13)

After reading all of these other HS IRL stories out there, I decided I wanted my own school to follow. But my alma mater is in Jersey and it's hard to care that much when you're so far away and Wyoming high school football doesn't interest me much at all even though I live right across the street from the high school.

So I naturally decided to create my own high school.

Here's the background:

Quote:
Knife River Collegiate is an independent preparatory school located in unincorporated Laramie County, Wyoming, a few miles from the border of Wyoming and Colorado. Built in 2009, KRCS is a Grades 6-12 independent boarding and day school boasting 905 students from 21 states and 11 countries around the world. Created by mining magnate Shipman K. Townsend, the school was built largely for the children of wealthy residents who didn't want their children attending local schools.

The lower school houses grades 6-8 and the upper school grade 9-12. KRCS athletics is one of the crown jewels of the school's Blue Ribbon academic program which features International Baccalaureate diploma and training in 6 different foreign languages. However, rather than play a statewide schedule under the auspices of the Wyoming High School Activities Association, KRCS teams play a national schedule.

The logic was simple according to Headmaster Reagan Carter. "Wyoming is a large state. Why travel for hours on buses uncomfortably, when you can fly places or travel to more interesting locations in the same amount of time?" This didn't endear the programs to anyone in the state and most schools either want a piece of them or refuse to play them on principle since they have a relatively strict "no travel in-state" rule besides trips into Cheyenne and vicinity.

They considered petitioning to join the Colorado HS Athletic Association given their proximity to the border, but CHSAA voted against the move before the program attempted to join citing bylaws against out-of-state teams participating for in-state championships.

But instead of trying to create a league of fictional high schools to play against -- which was my first inclination -- I'd like people to suggest schools for us to challenge, then I'll download them from Teambuilder and we'll play them like a barnstorming HS team.

Also after seeing Sam Durley throw up 736 in one D3 college game, I sort of wanted to see what I could do in an actual video game with a team of my own.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-03-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote