Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Love Wolverine .. must see ...

(also pleased to see Gambit in there )
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
Danny
Head Coach

Ryan Reynolds is in this as Deadpool also though I didn't see him in the preview.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #8
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Ugh, that looks awful
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #9
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Ryan Reynolds is in this as Deadpool also though I didn't see him in the preview.

0:34 mark, when I first watched it I wondered if that was Deadpool, after seeing your comment I checked again and that is him. I'm curious how much of his character they'll show as that'd be a sweet spinoff to set up (and if they go that route I'd assume that'd be the end of the Reynolds as Flash rumors?).
Old 12-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #10
Autumn
Head Coach

It's looking pretty bad to me. You would think in a Wolverine movie they could do without the bad CGI. And I was hoping they'd keep it stripped down and bare, instead of going over the top and loose with the comic canon. Oh well.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #11
Anthony
Banned

so Liev Schreiber is supposed to be Sabertooth? i like him better as an actor to play the part, but the Sabertooth they had in the 1st XMen movie really looked the part.

this looks like standard comic book movie stuff. i'll pass and rent it or something. that new Hulk movie that came out this summer was supposed to be better than the 1st Hulk, but really - the good guys always win in these things so i'm not interested in paying $10+ a ticket to see a movie where i know what the ending is gonna be. i would've loved this movie to have come out 20 years ago when i was actually buying comics.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:16 PM   #12
Dutch
"Dutch"

Comic-Book Wolverine > Movie Wolverine

I probably won't watch this unless people say it's amazing. I am biased however, because the X-men movies don't really do the comic-books justice.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
MrDNA
High School Varsity

I want to be excited about this movie, but the trailer didn't do it for me.
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #14
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I thought this was a thread about Red Dawn.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #15
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am a big Wolverine fan. I have been since I was a kid. I think Hugh Jackman is great in the role. X-Men 2 was fantastic and when he went all beserker rage at the mansion was awesome.

That said, I don't think this movie looks all that good. I am not terribly hopeful.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Juggernaut should have his own movie.

All I'm sayin'.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:28 PM   #17
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I'm watching this one just for Liev Shrieber's take on Sabretooth.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:30 PM   #18
boberot
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I am a big Wolverine fan. I have been since I was a kid. I think Hugh Jackman is great in the role. X-Men 2 was fantastic and when he went all beserker rage at the mansion was awesome.

That said, I don't think this movie looks all that good. I am not terribly hopeful.

I agree wholeheartedly. The early buzz is not positive. FWIW, movie bloggers are saying things like this:

This is a movie that has not had the best buzz. Early word came out that the script was terrible, and then we even started hearing credible word that people in the studio itself were really unhappy with how the film had come together. Not good news at all.

So i can’t tell you at this point if Wolverine will be a decent or absolute train wreck of a movie… but I can tell you with absolute certainty that the new Wolverine trailer kicks all kinds of serious ass. It was far more entertaining to watch that the entire screening of The Day The Earth Stood Still that’s for sure.

Liev Schreiber looks absolutely amazing as Victor Creed (Aka Sabertooth) as we all knew he would. I’m still not sure how they’re going to reconcile the fact that another totally different incarnation of Sabertooth is in the original X-Men movie though.

And yes, we do see Gambit in the trailer. A significant amount of Gambit too. As a matter of fact one of the opening lines in the trailer is Wolverine saying “I know who you are… GAMBIT”, proceeded by shots of Gambit throwing charged up cards and holding a battle staff.

All trailers are designed to make a movie look good. It’s not that hard even for the worst of movies (just look at the trailer for The Phantom Menace), so the quality of this trailer doesn’t say anything about the quality of the movie… but damn the trailer is sweet.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #19
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I'm watching this one just for Liev Shrieber's take on Sabretooth.

That will be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
Liev Schreiber looks absolutely amazing as Victor Creed (Aka Sabertooth) as we all knew he would. I’m still not sure how they’re going to reconcile the fact that another totally different incarnation of Sabertooth is in the original X-Men movie though.

I think they are allowed a mulligan on that one.

Sabertooth/Creed is as much about attitude as he is appearances, which is why that wrestler was just so awful as Sabertooth in the first X-Man movie. It really wasn't his fault, he can't act for shit, so he couldn't do anything more than grunt. And it was doubly awful because he ended up looking pretty ridiculous.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #20
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure where they're going with this script, but I definitely didn't expect, or want, to see Gambit, Deadpool and Emma Frost in a Wolverine Origins movie. I thought the whole point was to focus on Wolverine, seems like instead they tried to give the fanbase a squeegasm.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #21
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm not sure where they're going with this script, but I definitely didn't expect, or want, to see Gambit, Deadpool and Emma Frost in a Wolverine Origins movie. I thought the whole point was to focus on Wolverine, seems like instead they tried to give the fanbase a squeegasm.

Agreed. I think I saw the kitchen sink in there.

If they focused on the Origin miniseries to the Weapon X storyline, I think it would've been successful.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #22
Anthony
Banned

the thing that's weird is this is Wolverine we're talking about - one of the top 5 most favorite and famous super hero in comics - you'd think there'd be enough content to fill a whole movie up just on Wolverine alone...no need for all this other filler. if this wasa movie on Storm or Nightcrawler - sure, throw in some cameos. not for Wolverine.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #23
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

You missed little girl Storm as well.

Interesting to see the replies though. On a forum known for it's comic book geek factor, this is getting mass love.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #24
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
I thought this was a thread about Red Dawn.

+1
vex is offline   Reply With Quote