Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #951
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And Chubby either IS a spawn now, or will be tomorrow.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:37 AM   #952
Bek
High School JV

my only question at first glance is why is fouts exhausted...care to explain???
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:37 AM   #953
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
VOTE HOOPS

He is a spawn.

explain pls
Old 07-13-2006, 09:39 AM   #954
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
VOTE HOOPS

He is a spawn.

Care to share how you came to the conclusion?

-Talgian
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:41 AM   #955
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
And Chubby either IS a spawn now, or will be tomorrow.
I'm rather inclined to agree with the latter part of this statement. Bullet, you need to examine Chubby. The only reason I'm not making it an order is because I want to be available for away missions.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #956
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian
I'm rather inclined to agree with the latter part of this statement. Bullet, you need to examine Chubby. The only reason I'm not making it an order is because I want to be available for away missions.

-Talgian

no need for a scan if dubb can condemn them both now...unless we want to risk saving him...but if he is full fledged then its too late and a scan will only get the doc killed too
Old 07-13-2006, 09:46 AM   #957
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek
no need for a scan if dubb can condemn them both now...unless we want to risk saving him...but if he is full fledged then its too late and a scan will only get the doc killed too

The latter part of the statement referred to Chubby being a spawnling. If bullet scans him today, there is a good chance he can be cured.
Quote:
Examination Day Only The doctor may choose to examine any crew member. If the crew member is a survivor, the doctor will learn this. If the crew member is infected, but has not yet become a spawn, the doctor will learn this, and will have a good chance to cure the crew member. If the crew member is a spawn both the doctor and the spawn will be killed.
I have nothing but the most absolute trust that the doctor will find he is a ling. Hopefully he can be cured as well.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #958
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

-Talgian

NO! Examine me. If Bullet examines either one of them he has a chance to become infected like happened to the doc last game. When I turn up clean we lynch these two the next two days. If he is going to become infected I would rather it be by finding someone we don't know to be a spawn.

I know this because last night I had no phaser so I felt there was no need to guard. Instead I used my ability to follow and spy on someone. The obvious choice for this was hoopsguy. I observed him working on the security HQ most of the night. However when he took break, I followed him then.

He met up with someone I could not make out, they went straight to the crew quarters and found Chubby. At this point the guy who I was unable to identify held down Chubby as Hoops put a spawnling into him. The two then split up and Hoops quickly went back to the Security HQ where he spent the rest of the night.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:48 AM   #959
Bek
High School JV

well this should lead to an interesting day...dubb jumps in, accuses two people of being spawn and then leaves...im off to work, will be back after the away missions, im willing to go on one if need be again today, other than that good luck men...
Old 07-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #960
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I never left.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:50 AM   #961
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
NO! Examine me. If Bullet examines either one of them he has a chance to become infected like happened to the doc last game. When I turn up clean we lynch these two the next two days. If he is going to become infected I would rather it be by finding someone we don't know to be a spawn.

I know this because last night I had no phaser so I felt there was no need to guard. Instead I used my ability to follow and spy on someone. The obvious choice for this was hoopsguy. I observed him working on the security HQ most of the night. However when he took break, I followed him then.

He met up with someone I could not make out, they went straight to the crew quarters and found Chubby. At this point the guy who I was unable to identify held down Chubby as Hoops put a spawnling into him. The two then split up and Hoops quickly went back to the Security HQ where he spent the rest of the night.

good work...sry for the earlier post...i dont wanna risk a scan on chubb either but we will have to wait and see
Old 07-13-2006, 09:53 AM   #962
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Dude, I got a PM clearly indicating Chubby is part of my absolute trust group, and that he is a spawnling, not a spawn. The rules clearly state that a doctor has a good chance to cure a spawnling, and there is no mention of the doctor becoming infected. Furthermore, this serves as a good test of bullet, since we know chubby is a spawn, so if he doesn't report it and cure him, I'll know tomorrow (presuming I live, but if I don't, well, what does that say?).

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 09:55 AM   #963
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Plus, we can only lynch one person a day, right? I'd rather lynch to the spawnmaker rather than a 'ling which we can cure. Presuming you're right about hoops.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:02 AM   #964
SnDvls
Pro Starter

would it be wise to send chubby on an away mission since he is already infected, but can't effect the mission since he isn't a full on spawn?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:05 AM   #965
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
would it be wise to send chubby on an away mission since he is already infected, but can't effect the mission since he isn't a full on spawn?
Yes.
Quote:
The success of an away team is dependent on:
*Whether the mission was planned by the First Officer or was unplanned
*The number of survivor crew present (non scientists)
*The number of scientists
*The number of evolved spawn on an away team(more spawn equals less success)
Evolved seems to strongly imply that only full spawn (spawnlings evolve into spawn the day after) affect it. So he can go on the mission, come back and get cured.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:06 AM   #966
KWhit
Coordinator

Great work Dubb!

We definitely need to lynch Hoops tonight.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:07 AM   #967
KWhit
Coordinator

And sndvls, you planned 2 away missions last night correct? Which means you can plan 2 more today, right?

If so, I have a request for one of the missions - so hold onto 1 AP. I'll explain in a bit.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:08 AM   #968
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls

Good thought. I think you are correct that he can't ruin the mission, but not 100% sure.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:10 AM   #969
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

OK, we know FOR SURE that a spawnling attack took place last night. What we don't know is if a person being spawn attacked becomes a spawn immediately, or must wait a day to become a spawn. Furthermore, it reads:

Quote:
A successful spawnling attack causes a person to become infected and (surprise) become a spawnling. A spawnling attack starts with a 70% chance of success. For each person who joins the attack, up to three, there is an additional 25% chance of success. A spawnling attack increases the chance that all spawns will become exhausted, especially those spawns who participate in a Spawnling Attack. Otherwise Spawnling attacks follow the rules for General Attacks.

So, since this took place, the spawn will most likely be exhausted today. The spawn that participated in the attack are Hoops and ???.

Lets look for someone who is suprisingly exhausted today....anyone jump out at you?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:12 AM   #970
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm just fine with the doctor scanning Dubb instead of Chubby or me. I think that should help clear this up pretty quickly, as I'm certain Dubb's story is fiction.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:15 AM   #971
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I'm just fine with the doctor scanning Dubb instead of Chubby or me. I think that should help clear this up pretty quickly, as I'm certain Dubb's story is fiction.
Guys, he knows his goose is cooked, so he wants us to waste our scan. Saying we should scan someone else is clear provocation to scan him. However, I am certain chubby is a 'ling, and therefore able to be cured with a scan. Hoops is lost to us, and if we scan him, we lose the doctor for sure.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:19 AM   #972
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
And sndvls, you planned 2 away missions last night correct? Which means you can plan 2 more today, right?

If so, I have a request for one of the missions - so hold onto 1 AP. I'll explain in a bit.

yes to both and okay to holding off.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:19 AM   #973
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Although, now that I think about, this could be an elaborate ruse by dubb. If dubb was a spawn, he could claim to have followed hoops, when infact he was the one infecting chubby. He knew hoops would be exhausted from repairing, and that he would be exhausted from infecting, so he says he was following. That way the story checks out. I am just throwing out a theory, although I find hoops post rather odd. Either way, chubby is a 'ling that can be healed.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #974
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Avast ye scallywags!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:21 AM   #975
hoopsguy
General Manager

Talgian, I'm telling you guys to scan Dubb. If he is clean, then lynch me.

This seems pretty easy to me ... not a matter of my goose being cooked unless the group decides to follow him.

Have an empath scan me, have a duplicant act as an empath. There are a ton of ways to come at this to prove my innocence here, but I need someone else to follow this action as anything I say until someone clears me today is going to be regarded as suspect.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:21 AM   #976
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, we know FOR SURE that a spawnling attack took place last night. What we don't know is if a person being spawn attacked becomes a spawn immediately, or must wait a day to become a spawn. Furthermore, it reads:

So, since this took place, the spawn will most likely be exhausted today. The spawn that participated in the attack are Hoops and ???.

Lets look for someone who is suprisingly exhausted today....anyone jump out at you?

Here are the people who are exhausted:

First Officer – sndvls Exhuasted
Security Chief – Alan T Exhuasted

Engineers
QwikshotWounded Exhuasted
Anxiety Exhuasted
Hoopsguy Exhuasted
Path Exhuasted

Security Staff
Galley Master - Raiders Army Exhausted Wounded
Security Crewman - kingfc22 Exhausted

Scientists
Fouts Exhuasted

From the night report, we know Sndvls was working on plans for missions. I was guarding the engine room. Qwik, Anxiety and path all fixed the engines (even though only 2 of the three were needed, however I did not get any PM saying that I noticed anything with any of them or anything at all last night while guarding). Raiders was guarding the cargo hold, Hoops was repairing the security HQ. The night report said king was hanging around, but we couldn't tell what, and we have no information on what Fouts was doing.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:23 AM   #977
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Although, now that I think about, this could be an elaborate ruse by dubb. If dubb was a spawn, he could claim to have followed hoops, when infact he was the one infecting chubby. He knew hoops would be exhausted from repairing, and that he would be exhausted from infecting, so he says he was following. That way the story checks out. I am just throwing out a theory, although I find hoops post rather odd. Either way, chubby is a 'ling that can be healed.

-Talgian

Actually dubbs didn't show up exhausted on the night report.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:23 AM   #978
KWhit
Coordinator

I think that we take Dubb at his word for now (since it is semi-corroborated by Talgian) and lynch Hoops tonight. If he turns out to be a spawn, great! If not, we lynch Dubb tomorrow.

Now the question is do we try to save Chubby (and possibly put the doctor at risk, or do we let Chubby go and plan to lynch him tomorrow?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:25 AM   #979
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Although, now that I think about, this could be an elaborate ruse by dubb. If dubb was a spawn, he could claim to have followed hoops, when infact he was the one infecting chubby. He knew hoops would be exhausted from repairing, and that he would be exhausted from infecting, so he says he was following.

Except I'm not exhausted, and why was hoops exhausted yesterday before he did any repairs again?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:25 AM   #980
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Talgian, I'm telling you guys to scan Dubb. If he is clean, then lynch me.

If Dubb is lying and is scanned, we lose the doctor. If hoops is bad and is scanned, we lose the doctor. I think I'd rather have us scan Chubby and see a) if he's infected, and b) if he can be cured and if so if he can tell us anything about who might have infected him.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:25 AM   #981
hoopsguy
General Manager

Talgian, if the doctor scans me then he will find that I'm clean. But you are correct, if he scans Dubb and he is spawn then they are getting the one-for-one trade. So that is no good either, upon further review.

Chubby is the way to go today for the doctor. And I'm hoping that someone can come out and either clear me or condemn Dubb.

If Dubb is willing to come out like this and try to line up a one-for-one trade, then the spawn may have better numbers than I initially suspected.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:25 AM   #982
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Have an empath scan me, have a duplicant act as an empath. There are a ton of ways to come at this to prove my innocence here, but I need someone else to follow this action as anything I say until someone clears me today is going to be regarded as suspect.
Actually, the idea of an empath scanning you is quite appealing. Of course, we need a direct "I'm not a spawn" (which I have yet to see today) comment, but the empath scan is a great way of checking out the story without wasting our doctor, who should be busy curing the curable.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:26 AM   #983
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Except I'm not exhausted, and why was hoops exhausted yesterday before he did any repairs again?

Good point, I hadn't noticed that you weren't exhausted (but you were up?). The hoops exhaustion raised eyebrows yesterday.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:26 AM   #984
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Exactly. That was very fishy to begin with and I called him on it immediately. I am near certain that Hoops is a spawn.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #985
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Of course you're exhausted. The fact you think you aren't is worrisome.
Quote:
Anytime you take an action at night, you become exhausted.
Spying is a night action.

Agreed that hoops staying awake on night 1 is suspect. I think getting an empath here is the best method.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:29 AM   #986
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dubb should be exhausted. That was an oversight on my account.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:29 AM   #987
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote Hoops.

I feel pretty confident about this vote. Also, I DO NOT think that the doctor should scan Hoops. That would be suicide, IMO.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:29 AM   #988
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

For whatever reason, we don't have BK's morning write-up, so we don't know who is exhausted/wounded etc.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #989
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
For whatever reason, we don't have BK's morning write-up, so we don't know who is exhausted/wounded etc.

-Talgian
Check 948
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:30 AM   #990
KWhit
Coordinator

Post 948:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
With so much of the sleeping quarters damaged several crew members decided to participate in late night activities. Hoopsguy could be seen repairing the Security HQ with dubb hanging around and king hanging around something, though what is hard to tell.

Elsewhere
Anxiety, qwikshot, and path were working on the Engines, despite there being not enough real work for three people, and Alan T was standing around nearby. In the fancier part of the ship, sndvls was burning the midnight oil planning a couple of away missions, perhaps to be used the next day? Finally, Raiders Army was looking quite lonely by the Cargo Hold standing guard.

Ship’s Status

Room Reports
Engine Room – Fully Operational
Water Plant – Damaged (Partially Operational: 10 units of water produced daily) 1 cycle to repair
Cargo Hold - Fully Operational(Maximum Capacity: 85 units)
Water Supply – 22 units (Enough reserves for more then 2 days at current consumption)
Crystilium Supply – 43 units
Security Headquarters Damaged (Non Operational) 2 man cycles to repair
Brig – Empty
Weapons Locker – 5 phasers

Slave Pens – Fully Operational
Sleeping Quarters – Damaged. 6 berths requiring repair (enough berths for 13 people to sleep)

Crew Status

Command Staff
Captain - KWhit
First Officer – sndvls Exhuasted
Second Officer - Talgian
Security Chief – Alan T Exhuasted
Ensign - Schmidty

Engineers
QwikshotWounded Exhuasted
Anxiety
Exhuasted
Hoopsguy
Exhuasted
Path
Exhuasted

Medical Staff
Doctor - bulletsponge

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - dubb93 Exhuasted
Warden – Chubby
Galley Master - Raiders Army Exhausted Wounded
Slavemaster – Swaggs Wounded
Security Crewman - kingfc22 Exhausted

Scientists
Coffee Warlord
Fouts
Exhuasted

Privates

Bek

Slaves
20 slaves accounted for

Deceased
Blade – Executed Day 2 Survivor

Away team actions due by 6; Voting due by 10:30
Old 07-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #991
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Alright, I'm an idiot. I skipped ahead a page without reading the posts above dubb's accusation. :/

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:33 AM   #992
hoopsguy
General Manager

Talgian, I was pretty sure I had put enough out there with "Dubb is lying" but I'll make it as easy as possible.

I'm not a spawn, spawnling (to the best of my knowledge) and I'm acting in the best interests of our crew today.

If there is an empath in the house, that should make it pretty easy for you. I posted one yesterday as well, but I'll keep posting these each and every day until we achieve lift-off if that will help clear me.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:35 AM   #993
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Vote hoops

Seems pretty cut and dry. if hoops is a good guy, we kill dubbs next. I'll take a 50/50 shot any day.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #994
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Alright, seeing that I can say that the security HQ was repaired by a cycle. Now I don't know if you can repair and infect someone or what, but if hoopss is a spawn he chose to repair the hq. Now that would be an easy way to build credibility. And the HQ wasn't on the list of important places to guard, and I know if I was a poor, defenseless engineer, I'd be leery of repairing a place with no guard.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #995
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Talgian, I was pretty sure I had put enough out there with "Dubb is lying" but I'll make it as easy as possible.

I'm not a spawn, spawnling (to the best of my knowledge) and I'm acting in the best interests of our crew today.

If there is an empath in the house, that should make it pretty easy for you. I posted one yesterday as well, but I'll keep posting these each and every day until we achieve lift-off if that will help clear me.

This is what I believe Hoops to be. No inside knowledge, but it makes sense.

Unaware Spawn During the day, is unaware of being a Spawn (and may not communicate with other Spawn), but will not seem to be a Spawn when tested by other players. At night, assumes normal Spawn powers.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #996
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Unaware Spawn During the day, is unaware of being a Spawn (and may not communicate with other Spawn), but will not seem to be a Spawn when tested by other players. At night, assumes normal Spawn powers.

Good point K. I think it makes sense then to have the empath check out dubb. If dubb checks out from the empath, then we know hoops is a spawn, even if he doesn't.

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #997
hoopsguy
General Manager

Talgian, I guarded that room because that we had agreed to have others work on the engine room. I think the last thing the spawn would want to do is help us get phasers more quickly.

If you want to be concerned about the engineer role, I think Qwikshot has a lot more to answer for than I do. I don't think this is the right direction to go right now, with Dubb and Chubby as better options for empath/heal and subsequent voting, but it bears watching.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #998
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

I just checked through, and the best empath statement I could find from dubb is directly calling hoops a spawn (well, through a pronoun). Just for clarity dubb, could you give us a direct empath statement of not being a spawn?

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #999
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I don't. I saw the man with my own two eyes turning Chubby into what he has become, a freakin spawn. Hoops knows what he is doing. He did the same thing to someone the night before.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #1000
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not a spawn, but hoops is and chubby has a spawnling inside him.

Check that sentence.