Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2022, 08:13 PM   #2051
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Man, a tornado just cut through New Orleans.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 08:18 PM   #2052
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah saw some videos of that on Twitter-hope it didn't stay on the ground long
Old 03-28-2022, 03:17 PM   #2053
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This is absolutely horrifying!

NSFW - some language that is absolutely called for given the circumstances.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-28-2022 at 03:18 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 03:32 PM   #2054
JPhillips
General Manager

Amazing luck for the guy that almost got smacked by his car. Get out of there or stay in the car, but don't stand around.
Old 03-28-2022, 03:40 PM   #2055
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This is absolutely horrifying!

NSFW - some language that is absolutely called for given the circumstances.

That squall blew through here about 2-3 hours ago. Was crazy to get an alert on my phone about it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:36 PM   #2056
Ksyrup

I don't know if we have anyone in Kansas but I've been following Reed Timmer's twitter timeline tonight and he just posted video of a tornado in Andover, KS headed toward an apartment complex. Looks like a severe weather outbreak in KS/NE.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-14-2022, 11:51 AM   #2057
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm in Boca- It is insanely hot...
Old 06-14-2022, 12:25 PM   #2058
Thomkal
Head Coach

110 with the heat Index here in Myrtle
Old 06-14-2022, 12:27 PM   #2059
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

1,740 is what the heat index feels like here.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:32 PM   #2060
thesloppy
Pro Starter

While the rest of the world is on fire, up here in Portland we set the all-time records for rain in April, May, and early June. It's depressing.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:32 PM   #2061
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
1,740 is what the heat index feels like here.

Better stay inside then.
Old 06-14-2022, 01:06 PM   #2062
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Trees went down everywhere
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 06:03 PM   #2063
Ksyrup

The flooding in Montana is unreal. Next year at this time, we'll be preparing to go to Wyoming/Montana for 2 weeks at Yellowstone. I can't imagine what we'd be doing right now if this happened.

Gardiner MT got hit hard. The VRBO we're staying at for the second week of our trip is on the Yellowstone River, less than a half mile from the north entrance to the park. I'm afraid I'm going to eventually get an email telling me the home may no longer be rentable, even next year.
Old 06-17-2022, 08:35 AM   #2064
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

We were going to head out next week on a 2-week trip to Glacier, Yellowstone, and the Black Hills area (including Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Badlands, etc...). This was a trip we originally planned (including booking everything) for summer 2020.

So, uh, strike two.

We've shortened the trip to just the Black Hills area.

We're planning to go to Europe next summer so I'm sure some sort of catastrophe awaits us when we get ready to do that.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 06:35 AM   #2065
miami_fan
Coordinator

39 degrees Celsius = 102.2 degrees in London.

It is very early but I am supposed to be going to London at the end of August. I will be staying at my aunt's house who does not have central air.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:17 AM   #2066
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

39 C + ~102 F

As I recollect, England is not blessed with an abundance of air conditioning, or even buildings with reasonable air flow. That's going to really, really suck.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:09 AM   #2067
bhlloy
Coordinator

Summer in the UK is not long, although obviously things are off the charts this year. End of August is getting towards the start of fall, so you will hopefully be ok.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 02:57 PM   #2068
whomario
Pro Starter

100+ tomorrow where i live as well, fun fun fun ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 06:17 AM   #2069
Edward64
Head Coach

I was reading the below article and was thinking that's pretty hot. I actually don't remember it being that hot in Atlanta.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62217282
Quote:
The UK is set to see its hottest day on record, with temperatures on Tuesday expected to reach up to 42C (107.6F).

So I googled on hottest day in Atlanta and it was below. So yeah, UK is pretty darn hot (and also Portugal, Spain etc.)

Quote:
... highest recorded temperatures at Atlanta were 106 °F (41 °C) on June 30, 2012
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:01 AM   #2070
Ksyrup

Old 07-19-2022, 08:09 AM   #2071
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
39 C + ~102 F

As I recollect, England is not blessed with an abundance of air conditioning, or even buildings with reasonable air flow. That's going to really, really suck.

I've been saying, more people need to live in Teletubby-style underground habitats...
Old 07-19-2022, 10:23 AM   #2072
miami_fan
Coordinator

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/u...rts/index.html
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 07-19-2022, 05:01 PM   #2073
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Was just in Scotland for two weeks, think it got above 70 once. Got out just in time as Edinburgh and Glasgow were both going to be upper 80s yesterday and today. Definitely not places built for heat.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:35 AM   #2074
Ksyrup

The flooding in Eastern KY has deservedly gotten a lot of press the last couple days, but the bad part is it isn't over. And the death toll right now is around 30 but there are more confirmed dead who haven't been identified and hundreds still unaccounted for. Now, some of those might be safe (just not in contact with anyone yet) but many may not. I'm afraid at what the death toll could end up at.
Old 08-01-2022, 11:49 AM   #2075
JPhillips
General Manager

And so many homes without insurance.
Old 08-01-2022, 05:09 PM   #2076
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The flooding in Eastern KY has deservedly gotten a lot of press the last couple days, but the bad part is it isn't over. And the death toll right now is around 30 but there are more confirmed dead who haven't been identified and hundreds still unaccounted for. Now, some of those might be safe (just not in contact with anyone yet) but many may not. I'm afraid at what the death toll could end up at.

The hundreds unaccounted for is horrendous.
Old 08-01-2022, 09:28 PM   #2077
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It's official - Houston has now recorded its warmest June and July on record this year. So, yeah, hottest first two months of summer in over 150 years. August looks to be starting out more normal - which is to say "crappy" but not much above average like the last two months.

August may be the only “normal” month this summer – Space City Weather

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-01-2022 at 09:28 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 10:11 PM   #2078
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Last 24 hours, my house got 12.57 inches of rain (Dallas).
Old 08-22-2022, 10:13 PM   #2079
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow. just last week we had 8, some had more than 10
Old 08-22-2022, 10:23 PM   #2080
Ksyrup

My parents are in Richardson and I spoke to them today and they didn't mention a thing about rain in their area, which tracks with what I read - some areas got dumped on and others barely got anything not too far away.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-22-2022 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-23-2022, 07:02 AM   #2081
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Some parts of Texas are seeing too much drought relief – Space City Weather

On the map - you can see where some places got a health couple of inches of rain (I'm thinking the 0.00 meters are broken) up to 15(!)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 06:36 PM   #2082
Edward64
Head Coach

And Puerto Rico is getting hit again.

Hope it's not as bad as last time.
Old 09-18-2022, 06:41 PM   #2083
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My wife sells batteries so she gets all kinds of hurricane intel. Apparently the entire island is without power.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:38 PM   #2084
miami_fan
Coordinator

I know I should be thankful but it is kinda of weird that we have arrived at CAT 1 direct hit hysteria over a system that is still declared a Tropical Depression. My wife is already seeing reports of gas stations running out of gas and no water at the local grocery stores.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:09 PM   #2085
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I love it. Buy those batteries people!!!
Old 09-26-2022, 11:01 AM   #2086
miami_fan
Coordinator

HURRICANE IAN

Ian is heading my way! Well actually a little north of us but still. If the storm pushes a bit more to the east, I am not sure there will be a company left that will insure a home in the state.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:04 AM   #2087
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
HURRICANE IAN

Ian is heading my way! Well actually a little north of us but still. If the storm pushes a bit more to the east, I am not sure there will be a company left that will insure a home in the state.

Good luck! Be Safe!
Old 09-27-2022, 01:59 PM   #2088
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quick update.

The eye of Ian is now expected to make landfall closer to Sarasota than Tampa. It is expected to make landfall Wed night as opposed to early Thursday morning. It is expected to be a much bigger problem for the middle of the state than previously expected. Finally, eastern Georgia and maybe even western South Carolina will feel the effects of whatever is left.
Old 09-27-2022, 02:42 PM   #2089
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We have friends currently at universal. Supposed to fly home Thursday.
Old 09-27-2022, 04:02 PM   #2090
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Quick update.

The eye of Ian is now expected to make landfall closer to Sarasota than Tampa. It is expected to make landfall Wed night as opposed to early Thursday morning. It is expected to be a much bigger problem for the middle of the state than previously expected. Finally, eastern Georgia and maybe even western South Carolina will feel the effects of whatever is left.

yeah last I saw it was to rapidly breakup before it gets to us here in SC-30-40 mph winds, few inches of rain.

Good luck and stay safe to everyone in Ian's path
Old 09-27-2022, 05:10 PM   #2091
tarcone
Coordinator

My Dad and Sister are in Ocala and my nephew is in Orlando.

Not liking that the central part of the state will take tyhe brunt.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:18 PM   #2092
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
We have friends currently at universal. Supposed to fly home Thursday.

Universal will be closing tonight. The hotels will stay open though.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:38 PM   #2093
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Universal will be closing tonight. The hotels will stay open though.

Oh wow, that must be recent. I checked this afternoon and it was still open.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:02 AM   #2094
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

If any of you are in the area, particularly the vulnerable Port Charlotte area, I hope you stay safe. Haven't had one of these hit the western side of the state with this force in a long time. The path looks very similar to Charley in 2004, but fortunately it's not as strong. Charley brought 85-mph winds to Orlando. Just hope for a little luck with the eye cycle as it gets closer.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 05:46 AM   #2095
miami_fan
Coordinator

It was a bit of a shock to realize that Frontier does not have The Weather Channel in its lineup. It makes complete sense since I only go looking for it when there is a hurricane close by and there are other resources that provide the information I am looking for. It just feels weird not to have the security blanket of TWC on my TV during times like these.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:16 AM   #2096
Kodos
Resident Alien

Stay safe everyone in the area. My grandparents used to live in Port Charlotte. I remember seeing their street sign in the disaster footage after Charley on CNN. My aunt and my cousin’s family live in Alachua now. Hope they’ll be okay.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-28-2022 at 06:58 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:49 AM   #2097
PilotMan
Head Coach

Is this the time when the President comes on TV and says that this is Florida's punishment for decades of hurricane mismanagement and that unless they build better hurricane walls he's not going to bother to send help?

Oh, and maybe something like, "this isn't a problem for the rest of the US, just Florida, so Florida should deal with it and we'll save our hard earned money when it is our problem."

[Cause that feels like something we might have heard in a different universe with a dumber leader]

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:01 AM   #2098
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 09-28-2022, 08:29 AM   #2099
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

The DOW is at 18,269 eh?
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:35 AM   #2100
Edward64
Head Coach

Wishing best to everyone in FL. Batten down the hatches if you're still in the gulf coast area.