Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2022, 02:57 PM   #151
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I have a feeling it will be a long season in New England.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Honestly, watching the Pats in preseason, if they don't get their shit together soon, they could be a 4-12 team.
I'll take the over there... O line is struggling with the switch to the Shanahan like scheme and I don't love Patricia as "OC" (the lack of a title is just semantics so Detroit and NY keep paying him & Judge), but Mac Jones is better and we seem deeper at pretty much every other position. Didn't love letting JC Jackson go for pick compensation but the DB's and DL are like 8 deep with solid players and we have much more athleticism at linebacker (Mack Wilson in particular looks like the next player who left a shitty organization and looks great on the field in New England). I figure the sky will be falling in the first couple weeks as the offense struggles to sustain drives then we end 10-7/11-6, come in 2nd to the Bills in the East and lose to the first good team we play in the playoffs.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 03:13 PM   #152
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I'll take the over there... O line is struggling with the switch to the Shanahan like scheme and I don't love Patricia as "OC" (the lack of a title is just semantics so Detroit and NY keep paying him & Judge), but Mac Jones is better and we seem deeper at pretty much every other position. Didn't love letting JC Jackson go for pick compensation but the DB's and DL are like 8 deep with solid players and we have much more athleticism at linebacker (Mack Wilson in particular looks like the next player who left a shitty organization and looks great on the field in New England). I figure the sky will be falling in the first couple weeks as the offense struggles to sustain drives then we end 10-7/11-6, come in 2nd to the Bills in the East and lose to the first good team we play in the playoffs.

Detroit has to keep paying him unless he becomes an OC?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 10:20 AM   #153
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Not sure what kind of $$ he wants, and I'm not sure what Philadelphia traded for him, so it may be a sensible move for the Saints.

But he is a *fun* player to lose. Total junkyard dog. Always mixing it up with the other team. Fan favorite to the extreme. Eagles fans will be happy to have him.
Old 08-30-2022, 03:46 PM   #154
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Raiders cut Alex Leatherwood. I can’t imagine that there are very many number one draft picks that don’t get at least two seasons.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 03:56 PM   #155
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The Raiders cut Alex Leatherwood. I can’t imagine that there are very many number one draft picks that don’t get at least two seasons.

No one was even willing to give up a 7th. Mayock ensuring no one on TV ever gets offered a job again. So many awful early round picks
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 04:32 PM   #156
bhlloy
Coordinator

That Mayock/Gruden combo has got to be first ballot hall of fame for the biggest tire fire in pro sports history. Made only more enjoyable by how much Raider Nation went overboard defending decisions that were clearly inane to the rest of the NFL.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 05:11 PM   #157
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Detroit has to keep paying him unless he becomes an OC?
It's never been officially reported but one of the Pats beat writers tweeted it a couple weeks ago and the main couple (Mike Reiss etc) confirmed it with no additional details. No idea if there's some standard NFL contract language that provides offsets for fired coaches if they get a job as an HC/OC/DC elsewhere but it would make a little sense. It's just Kraft's pockets not some salary cap skirting but no one even seems to know if we're paying Patricia and Judge at all.

Leatherwood is interesting. I'm sure the lack of trade interest was tied to his cap hit & someone will sign him once he clears waivers, he's clearly worth a flier over some of the extremely fungible 3rd/4th tackles floating around roster spot 53 on some teams.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:32 PM   #158
Danny
Head Coach

Thank you Bears for absorbing Leatherwoods contract
Old 08-31-2022, 03:37 PM   #159
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Thank you Bears for absorbing Leatherwoods contract

So Raiders buddy, I saw yesterday along with Leatherwoods getting released they traded CB Treyvon Mullen to my beloved Cards for a conditional 6th/7th round pick. Card fans seem to think they got a steal-I know next to nothing about him-is he any good?

Last edited by Thomkal : 08-31-2022 at 03:38 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 04:12 PM   #160
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So Raiders buddy, I saw yesterday along with Leatherwoods getting released they traded CB Treyvon Mullen to my beloved Cards for a conditional 6th/7th round pick. Card fans seem to think they got a steal-I know next to nothing about him-is he any good?

He has some talent and ability in pass coverage. Bad against the run, biggest issue however is his availability.

He's one guy you hold your breathe every time they are involved in a play. Missed most of last year and has been banged up in camp. He did play all 32 his first two years but I remember his constantly exiting games and missing snaps. If he can be available then he will be solid
Old 08-31-2022, 04:24 PM   #161
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
He has some talent and ability in pass coverage. Bad against the run, biggest issue however is his availability.

He's one guy you hold your breathe every time they are involved in a play. Missed most of last year and has been banged up in camp. He did play all 32 his first two years but I remember his constantly exiting games and missing snaps. If he can be available then he will be solid

thanks, god knows the Cards need some CBs
Old 09-01-2022, 03:19 AM   #162
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Ah, the Allen Iverson defense! Los Angeles Rams' Aaron Donald on swinging helmet at Cincinnati Bengals players - 'It was just a practice'
Old 09-01-2022, 07:18 AM   #163
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

"I was just warming up, doing windmills with my arms to get loose. I totally forgot I had a helmet in my hand."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 09:06 AM   #164
miami_fan
Coordinator

Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos agree to 5-year extension worth $245 million, including $165 million guaranteed, sources say

Quote:
The Denver Broncos and star quarterback Russell Wilson have reached an agreement on a five-year, $245 million contract extension that includes $165 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Wilson, acquired by the Broncos in a blockbuster offseason trade with the Seahawks, now is under contract with Denver for seven years and $296 million.

The megadeal is the third-most lucrative contract in NFL history in terms of guaranteed money, behind only Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson's $230 million and Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray's $189.5 million.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 05:16 PM   #165
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
thanks, god knows the Cards need some CBs

I suppose you've read about Antonio Hamilton and his culinary skills, then.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 07:33 PM   #166
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I suppose you've read about Antonio Hamilton and his culinary skills, then.

:::sighs::: No had not heard that. Pretty soon they are going to just pull fans from the stands to play
Old 09-02-2022, 08:09 AM   #167
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'm guessing he was grilling and hot coals fell on his feet.

But that's a weird story/injury.
Old 09-02-2022, 08:14 AM   #168
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I read it was cooking oil he spilled on his feet.

Which I can see someone not paying attention do.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 09-02-2022 at 08:14 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 08:24 AM   #169
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Yeah.

I didn't hurt myself bad, but I did burn my foot while grilling with sandals on and dropping a coal on my foot.

Cooking oil would be really bad, and I can easily see how that would happen.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:11 AM   #170
JPhillips
General Manager

When I worked summer theatre many years ago one of the Actor/Techs patched asphalt while wearing sandals. He spent the whole morning yelling and dancing trying to flick the pieces of hot asphalt off of his feet.

He's a relatively famous actor now.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:11 AM   #171
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

I worked in the restaurant industry in my teens and early 20's and one time one of the other cooks was cleaning the pressure fryers. When he poured the fresh grease back in he realized very quickly that he forgot to close the drain when the grease poured right back out on his feet.

Luckily it was not excessively hot, so he was not badly burned, but as the grease is hitting his feet, he starts screaming for help, but for some reason continues to keep pouring the grease into the fryer, and on his feet. Funny as hell since he was not really hurt at all, as he is yelling for someone to close it instead of just stopping and moving out of the way.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 03:25 PM   #172
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

https://twitter.com/DefectorMedia/st...64615082147840
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 03:28 PM   #173
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

That's the funniest fucking video I have seen in awhile.

Edit: Oh shi -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_gL2_-VoxU

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 09-08-2022 at 03:41 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 05:42 PM   #174
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post

I don't know why it hit me watching that video, but Dan Campbell is an example of a zoomorphic lion or tiger. He kinda looks like one.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 06:09 PM   #175
JPhillips
General Manager

It's so weird because his answer is fine.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:11 PM   #176
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Not looking good for LA Rams (RIP superbowl dreams)
Old 09-09-2022, 02:56 AM   #177
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Stafford appeared to be struggling, maybe from that injury, and unwilling to trust anyone but Cupp.

Allen, on the other hand, looks to be in MVP form.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 07:20 AM   #178
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Green Bay lost badly to New Orleans last year in the opener. Went on to have homefield advantage in the playoffs. Rams are in a division where getting homefield for PO was always going to be hard. It was one game against the favorite to win the SB. It wasn't the end of the world.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 07:55 AM   #179
bhlloy
Coordinator

It isn’t the end of the world but that offensive line without Whitworth and multiple inexperienced starters looks like it’s a real problem.
Old 09-09-2022, 08:11 AM   #180
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
It isn’t the end of the world but that offensive line without Whitworth and multiple inexperienced starters looks like it’s a real problem.

Well, they weren't exactly facing "league average" defensive front, were they?

Coaching will go on, time playing together will let them "grow". 16 games to "fix" and adjust. One game played and there is nothing new going on in this NFL season compared to all of the others.

There was overreaction last year after GB-N.O. Fully expected the same today for LA. and, I was right.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 08:21 AM   #181
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Good game.

Bills look amazing.

Rams will be fine--it won't take much to make the playoffs in the NFC this year.
Old 09-09-2022, 12:42 PM   #182
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Yeah, it's only one game. The Rams will be fine. I really wish they would be terrible, though, so the Lions would get a great first round pick from them next year, but that's not how things ever really work for the Lions.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 09:58 AM   #183
Thomkal
Head Coach

It's Football time!

1) I wish my beloved Cards didn't start the season against the 8-0 in first game Chiefs, but I guess we'll get a good chance to see if they are fakes or for real. Please please don't get hurt Murray

2) I believe there are 5 Coastal Carolina players on rosters today. Excited to see what they can do in the NFL. Especially BAL TE Likely
Old 09-11-2022, 11:05 AM   #184
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's Football time!

Yup

I got my whiskey, bottle of anti-depressants, a rosary, and a revolver with one chamber loaded.

I am ready for a season of watching the Detroit Lions try.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:19 AM   #185
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Yup

I got my whiskey, bottle of anti-depressants, a rosary, and a revolver with one chamber loaded.

I am ready for a season of watching the Detroit Lions try.

Sounds like you are ready But please let the revolver be the last choice.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:40 AM   #186
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
As an optimist, Id like to think the bullet is for the TV. That way he can down the pills with the whiskey in silence and then use the gun to pistol whip himself into unconsciousness.
Old 09-11-2022, 12:08 PM   #187
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Bears in form already. Incomplete screen, 3 yard run, sack.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 12:18 PM   #188
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
As an optimist, Id like to think the bullet is for the TV. That way he can down the pills with the whiskey in silence and then use the gun to pistol whip himself into unconsciousness.

Almost right except instead of the pistol whipping I was going strangle myself with the Rosary.
Old 09-11-2022, 12:50 PM   #189
Swaggs
Coordinator

Steelers’ defense is playing possessed. Unclear if they are good or the Bengals’ o-line is terrible. Steelers’ offense not looking so hot, so going to be a close one, unless they start taking advantage of the turnovers.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 12:50 PM   #190
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Taysom Hill in the running for the biggest waiver wire addition after week one in Fantasy.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:03 PM   #191
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yep. Bears already just painful to watch.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 01:05 PM   #192
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Burrow looks like dogshit
Old 09-11-2022, 01:06 PM   #193
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Steelers’ defense is playing possessed. Unclear if they are good or the Bengals’ o-line is terrible. Steelers’ offense not looking so hot, so going to be a close one, unless they start taking advantage of the turnovers.

Expecting to lose still but holy shit that D is huge
Old 09-11-2022, 01:08 PM   #194
Swaggs
Coordinator

Burrow could have had 5 INTs in the first 20 minutes. They called the one a fumble and there was another that got returned on a penalty.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 01:20 PM   #195
JPhillips
General Manager

It would really suck if we find out that Burrow's greatness was entirely due to his appendix.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:23 PM   #196
Edward64
Head Coach

CBS > Fox in camera quality. The closeups on both are okay but the Fox wide field camera really sucks.

Apparently CBS does 1080i and Fox 720p.

HD Channels | HD Report
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 01:26 PM   #197
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Almost right except instead of the pistol whipping I was going strangle myself with the Rosary.

Please don't watch any NFL (or College) football with Sarah
Old 09-11-2022, 01:43 PM   #198
Edward64
Head Coach

Mariota looks like a solid journeyman QB so far. Winston is sucking.

Not great for former 1.1 and 1.2 draft picks (but I'm sure they are crying all the way to the bank).

I'm pretty sure I know what QB3 Feleipe Franks can do (he played for the Hogs) and don't ever see him starting. I really want to see what QB2 Desmond Ridder can do in a real NFL game.
Old 09-11-2022, 01:44 PM   #199
bhlloy
Coordinator

This Pats offense looks like it could be as bad as advertised
Old 09-11-2022, 01:45 PM   #200
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

So far, the 2022 Lions look at lot like the 2021 Lions. The running game is solid enough. Goff is a liability. And the defense struggles to get the job done, especially in the passing game.

Philly is a tough draw, but still hard to see too much progress at the moment. Only one half!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote