Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2016, 06:39 AM   #51
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The cheapest in-city neighborhood is an area called Wesley Park, named at Wesley Rutter, the Vampire Lake mayor who pushed for an industrial yard in the North End of the city beyond the North Side and past the Northern spur of the Cross Island Expressway (CIE) to become a converted mixed residential/commercial area with much of the city pricing out families and individuals of middle/lower incomes.

Wesley Park is home to around 77k people. Average rent for a 690 sq. ft. apartment is $793, subject to strict income restrictions. A limited number of condos, townhomes and single-family houses are also going up in the area, with an average home price of $144,895.

The area makes affordable living within the Vampire Lake city limits more possible than it'd previously been for these groups, though the prices are rising as more people discover the area.

It sports a nice view of downtown that you can see at night and has a VSTOP station, though travelwise, it would probably take you at least 40 minutes driving (not counting traffic) to get downtown from there, though I'll need to test that theory out.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:11 PM   #52
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Real Estate Listings Throughout Vampire Lake (First Edition)
Old 08-28-2016, 02:19 PM   #53
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Haiti's rise is explained by me doing a bit of reverse repatriation of French players to Haiti to get them better about 20 years ago. They were doing okay on their own, but the rise was slow and France, despite having solid players of their own were still able to pull dudes from the French diaspora like Mali, Ivory Coast and other places to play on their national team.

So I wanted to level the playing field a bit as payback, using French dudes who France was never going to put on their national squad. Eventually them coupled with a quality newgen crop out of Haiti itself gelled and then we get the magic we get now where Haiti is #1 in the world.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:45 PM   #54
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The year is 2043. In the Series A, Neloxia's 3rd division we have an interesting case of our friends Estudiantes West Alzate. They are an amateur club that began 2014-15 in the Series E. While remaining amateur -- and bankrolled heavily by a huge endowment which makes them one of the richest clubs in the world -- they've somehow managed to get promoted to the Series A after close to 30 years of trying to work their way up the ladder.

Their main rivals are Study Group, another West Alzate team and I'm thrilled their in the same league for the first time in modern history. I think we're about to make the controversial decision to take Estudiantes from amateur to professional. It's very hard to get promoted in the Series level, there are no playoffs, you have to win your league outright.

It's also easy to get stuck, only the worst team each year gets relegated. Still, Estudiantes WA were relegated to the Series a few years ago after about a six year run in the Series B, before clawing their way back in two years and then winning the B last year surprisingly to me.

I'd love to see what they could do as a power club, especially since Neloxian football could use a bit of a shakeup and it's been 30 years as an amateur club. The only reason the game never forced them professional is I had them as an "always amateur" club in the editor, but they've somehow managed to transcend that.

I have in recent years tried to get them partnerships with major clubs so they could at least get guys on loan, I have not paid close attention to how many of them they've managed to get, but whenever I look at their roster, it's always amateur dudes on a zero contract.

Sooo...I dunno. I might try ONE season at the Series A level and see if they can hang as amateurs, before making the decision, I'd just prefer they don't get relegated because like I said, it's SO hard to make it back up and with their financial wherewithal, I imagine they'd be a formidable club for most opponents to deal with once they started throwing money around.

But there's something quaint about them having ridden the wave this long with guys who spend their entire career on this team.

I'm not sure what I'll do.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:18 PM   #55
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
I see you have the mod that lets you name streets and roads. Does it work well? Is it buggy?
Old 08-28-2016, 09:27 PM   #56
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
I see you have the mod that lets you name streets and roads. Does it work well? Is it buggy?

Works without a hitch.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:25 PM   #57
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Works without a hitch.
Excellent! Thanks.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:53 PM   #58
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Estudiantes West Alzate have completed their journey and won the LigaExcel playoffs last year and as a result, will play in the Ligapremier for the first time. I'm looking at the history, but as far as I can tell, no team from the Series SE has ever been promoted to the Ligapremier.

Endersby City, who currently play in the 3rd division Series A, began at the 11th tier and worked their way up to the Ligaexcel, the 2nd division, where they spent 13 of the last 16 years, but did not win promotion last season.

BUT then I did a bit more digging and figured out that Yeoman Athletic, a team that has been on the upswing lately began their lives in the Series E and aren't just in the Ligapremier, but thriving at the top level. Their best LP finish over the years has been 5th, but they've won a Galactic League title & (it's a tournament hosted by Neloxia for top teams from around the world.)
have won the Neloxian FA Cup three times.

It's meant to be gauntlet from bottom to top, but seeing a team get through is pretty inspiring.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #59
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've modified the Neloxia file and figured out the problem that was preventing me from taking over teams at the 19th step at the Neloxian pyramid. It is now possible to play from the absolute bottom and work your way to the top.

I also downloaded a reformulated World Cup that creates a tournament that every country in the world participates in. I'm curious to see the sorts of fluketastic outcomes we'd see in the future.