Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2016, 08:08 PM   #1
Suicane75
Coordinator

The American Baseball Association

This is a little thing I'm attempting. When I was a kid (actually a lonely teenager void of female affection) I would spend night after night with my Statis Pro cards building my own fictional league, from the draft to each teams rotations and lineups and then play out all the games, keeping and calculating the stats. While I didn't make it more than 20 games into the season, I've always wanted to try that sort of thing again, and so this idea was born.

The league starts in 1910, MLB as we know it will never exist. There are two leagues, an Eastern League and a Central League, each comprised of 6 teams. Any more and I feel this would move at too much of a snails pace than it already will.

I'll draft for all the teams, a 40 round draft, and try to give each team it's own distinct flavor. As the draft progresses I'll do write ups every 5 rounds or so.

After the draft I'll set each team up, there will be a 25 man roster for every team and a 15 man minor league squad. No team will ever have more than 40 men in their organization at one time (It would just get too hectic). Let's just assume that each teams minor league teams are filled out with scrubs and whoevers.

I'll do a write up for each team, focus on the players, let the season simulate slowly, add updates and announcements as things go along and so on. The idea of this dynasty is immersion more than movement.

My first posts will be a profile of each team, along with stadium, owner, manager, etc.

There is a 50% chance this will be the only post from me that happens in this thread.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 06-26-2016 at 08:09 PM.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote