Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #1851
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk
What were the portugese chess players reacting to? The magnet turning on or off? or maybe michael hitting some coordinate as he left the island

I thought the screen said something to the affect of "electromagnetic anomoly."

If that's the case, I'd assume it was the magnet turning off and on, and the first time they missed it was the first system failure on 9/22/04. What weirds me out is that Miss Pen is looking around for it/him. He's been missing for 3 years now?

I know, I know. Money can do anything. But what did Ms. Pen do? Buy Dharma or someone with Dharma secrets?
---
Seems kind of weird they're living in November 2004 in the Lost world.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:23 PM   #1852
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I thought the screen said something to the affect of "electromagnetic anomoly."

If that's the case, I'd assume it was the magnet turning off and on, and the first time they missed it was the first system failure on 9/22/04. What weirds me out is that Miss Pen is looking around for it/him. He's been missing for 3 years now?

I know, I know. Money can do anything. But what did Ms. Pen do? Buy Dharma or someone with Dharma secrets?
---
Seems kind of weird they're living in November 2004 in the Lost world.

Her father was one of, if not the key, financier of the Dharma initative. Or at least I think so. There was some wealthier "humantarian" named in the first movie Locke watched who was credited as funding the project. I think it was Ms. Pen's father, the bald dude in the limo.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:39 PM   #1853
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Unrelatedly, I'm absolutely taking Ms. Pen as a shoutout to yours truly.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #1854
ahbrady
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
keep in mind - what very well could have happened is once jack, kate, sawyer and hurley were having that confrontation w/ Michael en route to the Others Camp, they could have come up with a new plan. Michael knew his cover was blown, at that point i'm sure he realized a new gameplan was needed. he could have told michael where sayid would be, so now you got Michael, sayid and jin as a sneak attack.

That's what I'm thinking is going to happen. Michael is going to meet up with Sayid and Jin to help rescue Jack, Kate, and Sawyer. I haven't predicted much of anything right on the show so far though, so I'm probably way off base.
ahbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:37 PM   #1855
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Kinda surprise that Walt didnt say nothing when he saw Jack, Sawyer and Kate like that.

He could of said Dad what about them.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #1856
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Her father was one of, if not the key, financier of the Dharma initative. Or at least I think so. There was some wealthier "humantarian" named in the first movie Locke watched who was credited as funding the project. I think it was Ms. Pen's father, the bald dude in the limo.

I feel pretty confident of this, as well.

I also wonder if Pen may have possibly paid off Libby in order to get Desmond a boat, so that he could accomplish whatever he needed without (in his mind) it coming from her and her father's wealth and so that she could possibly track him with a planted GPS of some sort.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:29 PM   #1857
Swaggs
Coordinator

Also, I just thought of this. Didn't Libby say her deceased husband's name was David? I wonder if that could be the same "Dave" of Hurley's imagination?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #1858
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

I thought I had made that connection as well. I'll have to watch that again sometime. I'm thinking of carrying a 2nd bag on my flight to Chicago...since I'll be dumping my Navy uniform there when I head to Africa. Maybe I can make room for my first season of Lost.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:51 PM   #1859
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Kinda surprise that Walt didnt say nothing when he saw Jack, Sawyer and Kate like that.

He could of said Dad what about them.
I was a little surprised he sat on that boat the way he was without saying anything. He had to be able to hear his dad's voice on the dock and acted surprised to see him on the boat. Maybe I'm mistaking surprised for happy...but I would think that he would be ready to spring up if he had heard his dad outside. Instead, he appeared to be just sitting down or crouching down and not very enthusiastic about it.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:57 PM   #1860
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Occam's answer: producers needed to disguise the kid who plays Walt's obvious aging since season 1, and so kept him as little seen/heard as possible. If this were season one, their reunion would have been more thorough.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:12 PM   #1861
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I thought I had made that connection as well. I'll have to watch that again sometime. I'm thinking of carrying a 2nd bag on my flight to Chicago...since I'll be dumping my Navy uniform there when I head to Africa. Maybe I can make room for my first season of Lost.

Didn't Desmond say something about the father taking Ms. Pen away from him forever? Is it possible that he was implying that he crashed him there?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:41 PM   #1862
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I'm so pissed off at Michael. I really think Hurley was gonna get laid.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:31 AM   #1863
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Alvar Hanso? Not sure about that, since he didn't look like the same guy that they show, but I guess it could match up with the fact that Hanso hasn't been seen for 3 years...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:03 AM   #1864
chinaski
College Prospect

not Hanso, but Widmore. Her father is the CEO of Widmore Labs, part of the Hanso and Dharma Initiative project. Supposedly, Widmore Construction are the ones who built the islands infrastructure.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:12 AM   #1865
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski
not Hanso, but Widmore. Her father is the CEO of Widmore Labs, part of the Hanso and Dharma Initiative project. Supposedly, Widmore Construction are the ones who built the islands infrastructure.
Ah, stuff that Bad Twin goes into more...
Old 05-29-2006, 01:50 PM   #1866
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Did anyone else hear/see the Hanso Foundation Public rep on the Jimmy Kimmel Show? ABC is really going all out to make it real. Very odd. Anyways I had a few thoughts of the season finale:

1. Kelvin Innman and Ranzik. Is it possible that Ranzik didn't actually kill himself but ditched Innman like Innman was trying to do to Desmond. I mean for a shotgun blast to the cieling, it didn't look like there was any damage to it and it was a perfect circle, no splatter. Maybe Ranzik actually got away, and was the guy that initially Hurley met in the insane asylum from season 1. You know the guy who was playing connect four and continously repeating the numbers?

2. Everyone thinks that the blast door that flew back on the island is an indication that Locke and Ecko were blown up. That explosion (Arzt dynamite) in a confined area could've sent that door flying in the air, and when the EMP bomb/pulse went off, kept it in the air? Once it stopped it sent the door hurling back down? There is no way they are killing off Ecko or Locke.

3. Is it possible, that the Electro Magnetic field keeps the Island invisible? Like a barrier or force field so no one can find it or navigate to it?

4. Widmore set up the race around the world? He knew Desmond wasn't leaving his daughter alone and that he was shamed so he set up the whole race to strand desmond out there away from his daughter (Penny). She found out about it somehow, and knows or found out through Hanso leaks that the only way to find the island is to monitor for EMP blasts or something?

5. The actual Henry Gale was flying a Widmore Labs ballon. Was he hired by Penny to find Desmond?

6. Walt and Micheal or actually headed to another hatch where the main others are? Fake Henry Gale sailed in from the dock from somewhere and the camp they were out wasn't real. Maybe those coordinates are the underwater hatch everyone keeps talking about. Why would the others go through so much trouble to get Walt and then just let him go?

7. Or maybe Ranzik is the Fake Henry Gale?

8. Why didn't anyone ask Desmond about the Hostiles he talked about?

9. The Palla Ferry, where the others had Jack and company at the end, was noted in the Pearl Video, for those in the pearl hatch to go to, to be picked up when their experiment was over.

10. Desmond said he was going 9 knots East and should've been in Fiji, in a week. So wouldn't that mean he knows where they are on a map, or couldn't a fan trace that backwards to find out where he thinks they are?

11. So they crashed in 9/2004. Desmond had been in there for 3 years (2001). According to sites something had happened in 1985, and that guy I noted in point #1 said something that Dharma Initiative had stopped in 1985. This is just a point on the time frame of things.

I hear that season 3 will focus mainly on the others and how they got there, and introduce many new characters.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:57 PM   #1867
DanGarion
Coordinator

Not sure if anyone caught that Kelvin is the same guy that was in Sayid's episode. He was the guy that got Sayid to do the interogation.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:13 PM   #1868
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
Alvar Hanso? Not sure about that, since he didn't look like the same guy that they show, but I guess it could match up with the fact that Hanso hasn't been seen for 3 years...
And, according to the audio clip on hxxp://www.djdan.am, Alvar Hanso is cryogenically frozen in Arizona
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #1869
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlerock
And, according to the audio clip on hxxp://www.djdan.am, Alvar Hanso is cryogenically frozen in Arizona

That PR Guy that was on the Kimmel show said Hanso was alive and travelling the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBInGFmOToU&search=Hanso

Last edited by gottimd : 05-29-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #1870
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

BOOBIES

sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #1871
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

rofl.

is that doctored?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:13 PM   #1872
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
rofl.

is that doctored?

Nope. I checked before I posted it. In the full clip it almost looks like Alex is smirking. I really wonder what the story is behind that scene. It couldn't have just been some random thing.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:26 PM   #1873
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Nope. I checked before I posted it. In the full clip it almost looks like Alex is smirking. I really wonder what the story is behind that scene. It couldn't have just been some random thing.

looks like she just did it by mistake - she dropped them like a hot potato as soon as she realized. great stuff.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:58 PM   #1874
Anthony
Banned

too bad she's got nothing to grab onto or else i'd have had some masturbatory material. Kate has a chest like a 12 year old boy.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:07 PM   #1875
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

shit

From the SCI FI Weekly newsletter:

"I'm excited about love in season three," said executive producer Bryan Burk, adding: "Don't forget now the people have been on the island for 60-plus days. They're now obviously more familiar with each other. ... The concept of love [is there], and ... it weaves its way through all of our characters. It's going to be much more prevalent in season three."

My worst fears are realized. Forget plot, more snuggle bunnies.

Bleech.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #1876
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

If it's love, I hope it's NYPD Blue love. I want some bare asses.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:15 PM   #1877
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
If it's love, I hope it's NYPD Blue love. I want some bare asses.

Only if its Hurley.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:23 PM   #1878
Daimyo
College Starter

I don't know that I'd worry about it too much. Near the start of season 2 the producers mentioned in the podcast that the love "triangle" between Sawyer, Anna Lucia, Jack, and Kate would be a big deal in season 2 and that never really materialized... at least not in an overly annoying or distracting way.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:24 PM   #1879
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
Only if its Hurley.

Hurley finds his clone and falls in love with him. Lost Season three season beginning, Hot man on man love.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:15 AM   #1880
kingfc22
Head Coach

uh WOW. My head is spinning right now.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:23 AM   #1881
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
too bad she's got nothing to grab onto or else i'd have had some masturbatory material. Kate has a chest like a 12 year old boy.

Smaller boobs equals more sensitive nipples. I'm just imagining the split-second *ooo* feeling that Kate is more than likely experiencing. And then, she probably makes this akward eye contact with Alex. The kind of eye contact that speaks, "I want you to touch more of my salty parts."
Old 05-31-2006, 06:53 AM   #1882
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Smaller boobs equals more sensitive nipples.

Wow, that's quite the myth.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:08 AM   #1883
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Wow, that's quite the myth.

++
Old 05-31-2006, 08:28 AM   #1884
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Smaller boobs equals more sensitive nipples. I'm just imagining the split-second *ooo* feeling that Kate is more than likely experiencing. And then, she probably makes this akward eye contact with Alex. The kind of eye contact that speaks, "I want you to touch more of my salty parts."

i don't believe any of this gunk, but fortunately, it helps me see that clip in a new light. bravo. i like the phrase "salty parts". i give your post a 7/10.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:21 AM   #1885
scaredycat
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Also, I just thought of this. Didn't Libby say her deceased husband's name was David? I wonder if that could be the same "Dave" of Hurley's imagination?

As all women drive us to the looney bin, I'd say you may be right.
scaredycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:20 PM   #1886
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Michelle Rodriguez got out of jail after spending one day because of overcrowding.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:02 PM   #1887
Anthony
Banned

i wonder what her private parts look like.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #1888
QuikSand
lolzcat

I just got caught up this weekend... and then on this thread.

I don't share the deep pessimism with a lot of you, really. My expectations are admittedly pretty low for network TV, but I thought Season Two was pretty good. Not quite as good as Season One, but that's hardly a fair comparison. And I didn't mind the whirlwind last 15 minutes... how can anyone be surprised that we'd be left with massive cliffhangers by the show for the summer?

Enjoy the ride, it isn't so bad.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:22 AM   #1889
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Eko is soooo dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdb

Another 'Lost' Actor Arrested
British Lost star Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was arrested on Saturday in Hawaii - joining the ever-growing list of cast members cited for traffic violations on the island. The 39-year-old actor, who plays Mr. Eko on the drama, was arrested for disobeying a police officer and driving without a license. According to police, he posted $500 bail and was released after spending just over six hours behind bars. In December, Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were arrested for drink driving. Both pleaded guilty. Six other cast members have been cited, but not arrested. Josh Holloway got a speeding ticket in September, while Dominic Monaghan has been pulled over twice for speeding and was also cited for driving without a license. Naveen Andrews has also been slammed with two speeding tickets and Ian Somerhalder has one. Harold Perrineau Jr. was also ticketed for having no motor vehicle insurance during a safety check in Honolulu.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:31 AM   #1890
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Toast.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:09 AM   #1891
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Toast.
Driving w/o a license << drunk driving.

Last edited by Toddzilla : 09-06-2006 at 07:09 AM.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:45 AM   #1892
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Mr. Ecko better keep a close eye on his Jesus Stick.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:36 AM   #1893
DanGarion
Coordinator

Totally not dead, if it was anyone that got a ticket then Sawyer and Charlie would already be dead too.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #1894
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I'll bet my right testicle that he isn't dead and/or won't die. I'll lay a 10 episode over/under.

Last edited by gottimd : 09-06-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:50 AM   #1895
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
I'll bet my right testicle that he isn't dead and/or won't die. I'll lay a 10 episode over/under.

Very Clever. I can read between the lines.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote