Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-25-2015, 10:07 AM   #151
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So that cancelled Radio Show we took as further proof Snyder was an asshole?

Nope, wasn't him. It was a hoaxer pretending to be ESPN's John Skipper calling and threatening a lawsuit.

Someone pretending to be ESPN president John Skipper managed to fool DC radio station
Old 03-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #152
chesapeake
College Starter

I'm not sure which story is worse. Either team president Bruce Allen tried to kill the show because one of the hosts had a history of being critical of the team or he tried to kill it because he thought ESPN wanted it killed. Not surprising, however. It is hard to point at any moment in Allen's tenure in DC where he ends up looking good.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:37 PM   #153
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
...that show sounded like a train wreck waiting to happen, though, independent of its take on the local football team. Not a big fan of M&M but the promos for the new show were a major turn-off for me.

Nailed this one. It's totally unlistenable.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #154
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
...that show sounded like a train wreck waiting to happen, though, independent of its take on the local football team. Not a big fan of M&M but the promos for the new show were a major turn-off for me.

...and the show got fairly quickly deep-sixed. Then they went back to Mike & Mike for a while, and have now replaced that with Kevin Sheehan and Chris Cooley. I don't think I will be a regular with that offering, either, but it's not completely dreadful.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:32 PM   #155
QuikSand
lolzcat

Oh, and Tony Kornheiser is leaving ST 980 and moving to a podcast-only offering. For me, I think that will be no real change -- I listened live so infrequently that it won't really matter much. Don't know if the cast of characters will change much, but I'm guessing not... except maybe some of the station staff support crew will disappear.

My guess is that he likes the semi-rotation set of guests and their loyalty is surely with TK rather than ST 980, so they will stay in the fold.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #156
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
...and the show got fairly quickly deep-sixed. Then they went back to Mike & Mike for a while, and have now replaced that with Kevin Sheehan and Chris Cooley. I don't think I will be a regular with that offering, either, but it's not completely dreadful.

That whole story continues to be a head shaker. I didn't listen to the Man Cave much, either, because my morning drive needs to be mostly kid-friendly and that show wasn't. Interesting that they dumped it just as its local ratings were starting to do better than M&M.

I find Cooley to be a bit of a blowhard, although he clearly works hard on his football analysis and it comes through on that portion of the product.

I wish they would keep Czaban and dump M&M on 570. As an experiment, I think they should take a week of M&M from 2009 and run it now, not tell anyone, and see if someone notices.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:52 PM   #157
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh, and Tony Kornheiser is leaving ST 980 and moving to a podcast-only offering. For me, I think that will be no real change -- I listened live so infrequently that it won't really matter much. Don't know if the cast of characters will change much, but I'm guessing not... except maybe some of the station staff support crew will disappear.

My guess is that he likes the semi-rotation set of guests and their loyalty is surely with TK rather than ST 980, so they will stay in the fold.
Well, if you believe the rumors, his show was never live. Since the Hannah Storm incident he's pre-taped his shows and ESPN has to green-light it before its broadcast.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #158
QuikSand
lolzcat

Sheehan out at ST 980. Only saw this due to random twitter, the station is dead to me at this point.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #159
chesapeake
College Starter

Chris Cooley must have decided that he didn't want to do the radio show anymore. Not surprised by that, as Cooley, when he showed up, hadn't been contributing much of value since the football season ended. Sucks that Sheehan ended up getting the axe because of it. I wonder if Sheehan will emerge on 106.7 like so much of the on air talent that ST980 has let go over the last couple of years.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #160
cuervo72
Head Coach

I think Cooley was because of the sale, not because he didn't want to do the show anymore. Same with Doc Walker.

Sale to Urban One puts The Team 980’s programming lineup in flux - The Washington Post
Old 08-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #161
chesapeake
College Starter

Some thing Al Galdi said on the air last week led me to think that the ball was in Cooley's court, but the Post story certainly indicates that it was simply a budget issue.