Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > WOOF Alternate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2006, 07:52 AM   #1
RedKingGold
College Starter

A little bit more about me.

I wanted to publicly thank Dutch for nominating me and Skydog for inviting me into this new league.

I know that not many of these owners know a lot about me, so I wanted to give a little background information to some of these owners.

I found FOF all the way back in 1998-9 when I purchased FOF 2. Actually, I stumbled upon the FOFC first (back in its earlier origins) when looking to see if Sierra was going to release a new version of FPS Football. From the FOFC, I learned about FOF 2, purchased and was hooked immediately.

I was a long time lurker on the boards and did not actually create an account until 2002. Even then, I was more of a lurker than a habitual poster.

I purchased FOF 2001, FOF4, TCY, and FOF2004 the days they were released. I can honestly say that FOF has been the most immersive game that I have ever played.

When FOF2004 first came out, I attempted to try multiplayer (notably, I was actually one of the original owners in the NAFL but dropped out shortly after the league began). However, I just did not have the time or the interest to give it a real try.

About two years ago, I began a project I had always wanted to do with FPS; re-creating the original USFL as if the league had survived past 1985. That led to the building of the USFL Roster File, which took twelve months to make after purchasing the majority of USFL 1985 media guides and the like over that period.

After releasing the roster file on FOFC, VPI was kind enough to offer entrance into the GEFL as owner of the Jacksonville Bulls. I decided to give it another try and was surprised about how immersive FOF MP could be. It was my involvement in the GEFL that led me to be more involved and active posting in the FOFC.

However, I learned that it is the owners in a league which make it great. I was fortuntate that VPI invited me to a league with great owners which made being in the GEFL so enjoyable. When I received the invite to this league, I had to jump when seeing the owner list.

I always had an interest in sportswriting which led me to create an additional identity at the GEFL to post column-like entries before every week. Law school finals and memos have cut into my time, but I should still have the time to be able to write frequently.

Anyway, I greatly look foward to being in this league and being a strong contributor. Thanks again for the invite and I'm looking foward to getting this underway!

Last edited by RedKingGold : 11-23-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:29 AM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

As I mentioned in the nomination thread, you're someone who has recently come on my radar as a good contributor to the forum. I didn't know how you were as an owner, which is the only reason I didn't recommend you myself. The combination of what I've seen at FOFC, and the recommendation from Dutch makes you a no-brainer invite as far as I'm concerned. Welcome aboard!
Old 11-23-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
miked
College Starter

I'm relatively new the scene I guess as well. I've owned just about every version of FOF, but not the new one yet. I never joined a FOF online league, though I did lurk in the NAFL for a while. I've been a member of FOFC for a while (I think I still have my emails from Tony or something) and run an OOTP league that has tons of FOFCers in it.

I'm mostly there to hear some interesting strategies and see the train wreck posts

Edit: And I'm in full possession of an edit button.

Last edited by miked : 11-23-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:36 AM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cool. Thanks for the background info, and I look forward to getting to know you a bit more through the league
Old 11-24-2006, 12:55 AM   #5
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Rather than start a new thread I might as write this here.

I guess as the guy with the lowest FOFC post count I ought to introduce myself a bit as well. I'm English but live in southern Sweden, with my wife and 2 kiddies. I got into (American) football when they started showing it on television in England 1984, and about the same time my brother got Stats Pro. I despaired of ever getting 28 people together so we could play a proper league using Stats Pro. Aren't computers wonderful.

Anyway, I got into sports sim with the then CM, wrote a bunch of dynasties about that (Scotland winning the world cup in 2002 being a favourite) and dabbled a bit with various FOFs. Finally got into MP games a year ago and have the post count to prove that I'm probably a bit too active on the boards of the MP leagues I'm in (NAFL and HFL). I'm used to being pretty successful in MP leagues (apart from in play-offs (1-6) ) so I suspect this league is going to be a nasty shock. I also have done a bunch of writing for the leagues I'm in as Cub Reporter when I have the time.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:01 AM   #6
Emiliano
College Prospect

Well, since I'm the "newbiest" one in term of FOF MP experience, and also a relatively new member of the forum, I figured I have to post in this thread as well to tell you a little more about myself.

I've always loved sport-management sims. Ever since 1992 or so, I've always played some games of this kind. First one I played was "The Manager" (kinda original, uh???), Italian soccer management sim that was also on the Amiga 500. Good times.

When CM 93/94 came out, I was completely hooked. I've then bought and played every version until 01/02. I was, like, a veteran. Member of the Italian community, creating tactics, training, constantly updating db. But then, I started to hate real-life soccer, and couldn't play CM anymore.

That's when I discovered FOF, and FOFC. I was (and I still am, on the Xbox) an heavy Madden player, and I read about the game on a Madden board (maybe Maddennation???). I bought FOF 2002, the EA one, but couldn't get into it. Too different from CM, too complicated. But football IS complicated, and the chance to play an American football (the sport I love the most) management sim was too good to pass up. So I started to follow this great community, realizing that was far more of a "gaming board". After a while, I registered and then started to post. Let's put it this way: this board it's my nice, small window on the USA. I love it. Yeah, I'm one of those old-school Italians in love with the American dream. I know it's not possible anymore, but who knows, in the future...

I apologize in advance because sometime I'll be a lil' slow responding to posts, but I want my English to come out as good as possible. I'll do my best to stay active, and hopefully win some games too...

My personal thank to Greg for mentioning my name and to Ben for inviting me.

I'm sure I'll have a great time with you guys.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:19 PM   #7
TroyF
Coordinator

welcome one and all.

USFL fan? Shame, shame.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #8
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
apart from in play-offs (1-6)

I know that feeling. (1-5 in IHOF and 1-2 in GEFL.)
Old 11-25-2006, 09:10 AM   #9
JeeberD
General Manager

Wecome aboard, everyone...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO