Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > WOOF Alternate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #101
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric View Post
I was thinking of a darker blue, but otherwise the colors are looking good.

So would you rather the blue from here:

OR

???

fwiw, I got the color from

Color is EASY to change, so just let me know.

Edit: Maybe go here - http://html-color-codes.com/ and pick a color out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 12-01-2006 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #102
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Interesting. I had forgotten all about them. That school is Eva Longoria's alma mater. But none of their logos really work for me.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I got that first logo I posted from an ancient clip art pack.

I'm not a huge fan of their logos either...

I'll keep looking, but I may get somewhat anal about the crispness of that one and just drive myself crazy.. we'll see ...

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 12-01-2006, 11:29 AM   #103
Dutch
"Dutch"

Can anybody find a logo for a wolf similar to this one for the Kaiserslautern Wolves? I would appreciate it if you could. I don't think there are any more exactly like this, unfortunately.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:33 AM   #104
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Can anybody find a logo for a wolf similar to this one for the Kaiserslautern Wolves? I would appreciate it if you could. I don't think there are any more exactly like this, unfortunately.

By this...

You just want a wolf head in a circle? Is it something specific about the head?

Cause if you just get a wolf that you like, putting him in a circle is easy ...

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #105
wade moore
lolzcat

Narcizo:

I was asking my brother for some help because he's much better with graphics than me.. I was trying to get him to help me with the weird pointed ellipse problem... He decided to start from scratch and take some liberties while playing around..

He says he doesn't like this one, but I'm a fan... I think he's going to work with it some more...

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 11:41 AM   #106
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
By this...

For instace... I could take like this:

Or

And this seems to maybe somewhat fit what you want:

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #107
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
By this...

I don't know. I don't think I want him in a circle, just thought it was a cool wolfs profile.

Yeah, I saw those others and not really what I'm looking for. If not a wolf like the one suggested (serious wolf), I may try to lift the Mississippi Sea Wolves logo (less serious wolf).

Old 12-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #108
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Navy Blue, Orange, White

Logo will either be the front of the nickel with Jefferson's profile or Monticello on the back.

I've been hunting for Jefferson cause I didn't like the idea of a building...

But I was doing a search just to see and found this logo that I REALLY like..

So I'll probably try to find a way to make use of it and see how it goes.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #109
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I don't know. I don't think I want him in a circle, just thought it was a cool wolfs profile.

Yeah, I saw those others and not really what I'm looking for. If not a wolf like the one suggested (serious wolf), I may try to lift the Mississippi Sea Wolves logo (less serious wolf).

Ok, I'll keep searching.. that was just a cursory look to try and understand what you're looking for..

Sounds like what you're looking for is the "serious" wolf vs. the angry or howling wolf?

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #110
wade moore
lolzcat

cartman - my much more graphically talented brother thinks that he can do the adjustments on the Razorbacks logo. So I'm going to stall on anything for you until he takes a stab at it.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 01:04 PM   #111
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Probably 95% of the way there. I give you the Raleigh Recalcitrants:

In-game banner:

Full Logo for web site and other purposes:

For any helmets we make (Avatars?):
Old 12-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #112
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
cartman - my much more graphically talented brother thinks that he can do the adjustments on the Razorbacks logo. So I'm going to stall on anything for you until he takes a stab at it.

Thanks. My attempts so far a PSing it look like a Dr. Nick from the Simpsons attempt at rhinoplasty.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
Old 12-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #113
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Narcizo:

I was asking my brother for some help because he's much better with graphics than me.. I was trying to get him to help me with the weird pointed ellipse problem... He decided to start from scratch and take some liberties while playing around..

He says he doesn't like this one, but I'm a fan... I think he's going to work with it some more...

Tell your brother that I'll gladly have his babies. I love it. I was aiming at the RAF's circle effects often blatently stolen by BritPop bands in the mid-90s but this looks retro and futuristic at the same time. Like watching an episode of Star Trek TNG. I think, maybe, it's a bit dark with so little white but that's a very minor quibble. I'm happy now.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #114
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Thanks. My attempts so far a PSing it look like a Dr. Nick from the Simpsons attempt at rhinoplasty.

I don't think mine would be much better ...

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 01:19 PM   #115
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Tell your brother that I'll gladly have his babies. I love it. I was aiming at the RAF's circle effects often blatently stolen by BritPop bands in the mid-90s but this looks retro and futuristic at the same time. Like watching an episode of Star Trek TNG. I think, maybe, it's a bit dark with so little white but that's a very minor quibble. I'm happy now.

He's reading this thread now, so I'll let him respond ...

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #116
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I have no ideas about my Columbus Cheetahs yet, but I'll give it some thought this evening and figure something out.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:24 PM   #117
3ric
College Starter

Quote:
So would you rather the blue from here:

Color is EASY to change, so just let me know.

This blue color will be perfect.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:24 PM   #118
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I have no ideas about my Columbus Cheetahs yet, but I'll give it some thought this evening and figure something out.

I think if done well a Bengals style Cheetah helmet could be pretty damned cool fwiw.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #119
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric View Post
This blue color will be perfect.

Aight, I'll post it when I have it corrected!

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #120
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

Last edited by RedKingGold : 12-01-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #121
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post

We can swap any of the colors around if you would like. And how are the shades of red/blue? I used the image of the UK flag on the CIA factbook site. If I find time (I did this in 15 min at work while no one was looking.. I do development, so having illustrator open is rather obvious) I will try to make it a little better in general. Would you rather swap the red and the white?

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
Old 12-01-2006, 01:31 PM   #122
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think if done well a Bengals style Cheetah helmet could be pretty damned cool fwiw.

I concur.

On an unrelated note, I tried to die my hair that way once (Well, you know that, but the rest don't)...

Old 12-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #123
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

That woudl be pretty damned fitting for a pumpy team I must say... Maybe this is just his mascot rather than his logo ...

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #124
wade moore
lolzcat

digamma - which do you like best?

Changing colors on this, adding a border, etc. as I've done on this is VERY easy. So, let me know what you like and we'll roll with it... I debate between the first and the last personally...

Edit: I envision text undeneath saying "Jeffersonians" potentially in some fancy way for a full-blown logo... again, I view these logos right now more as future helmet logos.. things can be added for banners, etc...

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 12-01-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #125
wade moore
lolzcat

Pumpy:

A total rough like 2 minute example of what I'm talking about... I wouldn't use this as a final produt, I just wanted to get the idea across..

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #126
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

So, as a quick warmup or whatever I just threw together a helmet for the team I will never have because I don't think I'd ever have the time to actually play FOF, but I thought I'd post it anyway because I spent hard-earned work time doing it. The third star is a little off in positioning, but since it's a non-existent team, I'm not too worried about it.

(This would be for a Washington, DC team)

Old 12-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #127
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Pumpy:

A total rough like 2 minute example of what I'm talking about... I wouldn't use this as a final produt, I just wanted to get the idea across..

Yeah, the idea is a good one. Where can I get a blank helmet? I'll fool around with some ideas this weekend.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #128
wade moore
lolzcat

http://www.fof-ihof.com/phpBB2/viewt...=113953#113953

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 03:45 PM   #129
Flasch186
Coordinator

i definitely would love some help or actually stuff done for mine, I am graphically challenged. Thanks for anything that can be done in the way of logos, banners, helmets, etc.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #130
JeeberD
General Manager

I haven't found a decent SAHS logo, so I'm thinking about using one of Stuttgart's most famous exports for inspiration...the Porsche logo.

wade, would it be possible to use the center shield of the logo and change the stallion to red and the gold to white? I think I would like to see what it looks like with "Stuttgart" and the inside border remaining black...

http://www.techimo.com/photo/data/505/64Porsche.png

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
Old 12-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #131
QuikSand
lolzcat

I do not have any sort of clear idea what I'd like for Hawk Mountain. The real Sharp Shinned hawk is a fairly unsightly color mix (slate blue with white and some reddish streaking) so I'd like to go with a more colorful and raptor-like color scheme -- something like dark brown, copper, and red/burgundy.

I'll do a little bit of searching for useful images.. I an generally not wild about the stylized hawks that are use in most sports settings, but I don't have a real alternative in mind. Maybe focus on the talon or the silhouette rather than the head?
Old 12-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #132
QuikSand
lolzcat

I rather like this image, but I imagine it would be tough to adapt:

...hmm... maybe just that wing, or the wing and the head?

Last edited by QuikSand : 12-01-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:19 PM   #133
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Argh. Although I am decent at Photoshop, I can't create logos to save my life. My team colors for my Sandsharks would be black, yellow with hints of royal purple. I will try to come up with something, but this will be painful.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:19 PM   #134
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Sack...

Lookee what I found on the web:

Seems like you could maybe just completely steal that?

Edit: Although same colors again .. I could change them to anything very easily because of how this is done.

I liiiiiiike.

I had asked cuervo for help, although not heard back from him yet (dunno how often he checks FOFC), but I'm certainly down with that logo or a variation thereof (depending on colors).

I would want red in there as my primary, but the secondary color is certainly negotiable.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #135
TredWel
High School Varsity

I stink at image manipulation, but I think this turned out alright:

Old 12-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #136
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
I haven't found a decent SAHS logo, so I'm thinking about using one of Stuttgart's most famous exports for inspiration...the Porsche logo.

wade, would it be possible to use the center shield of the logo and change the stallion to red and the gold to white? I think I would like to see what it looks like with "Stuttgart" and the inside border remaining black...

http://www.techimo.com/photo/data/505/64Porsche.png

Here's a very, very, very crappy idea of what I would like...

Except that I would like "Stuttgart" and the border that appears red to remain black. And if it would be possible to fit "stallions" on there, that would be great...

Old 12-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #137
JeeberD
General Manager

Actually, a cleaned up version of this with Stallions put on there somehow would probably work for me...

Last edited by JeeberD : 12-01-2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #138
wade moore
lolzcat

Jeebs: I can do what you're trying to do. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Quik: That logo actually can probably be pretty adaptable. Do you have a color preference? I'm thinking you don't wan to be yet another red team, but I could be wrong ...

Ant: I'll see what I can find. If you find any logos/images/styles you like, let me know, otherwise I'll wing it.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #139
wade moore
lolzcat

Jeebs:

I saw you did the black background, giving you an alternate option too...

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 12-01-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:27 PM   #140
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
i definitely would love some help or actually stuff done for mine, I am graphically challenged. Thanks for anything that can be done in the way of logos, banners, helmets, etc.

Did you see the admiral thing I did for you earlier in the thread?

Quote:
Old 12-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #141
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I rather like this image, but I imagine it would be tough to adapt:

...hmm... maybe just that wing, or the wing and the head?

Any idea where this image is from besides finding it on Stock Photo? I'd love to get ahold of a larger image...

And yeah, hook me up with a color choice, and I can definitely do something with this.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #142
wade moore
lolzcat

Prime:

I took another stab at Ballas. Personally, I like the logo, I'm just not sold at ALL on the colors.

Whaddya think?

Quote:
Old 12-02-2006, 03:02 AM   #143
Dutch
"Dutch"

Wade,

I really like the 2nd revision you did for Jeebs. Looks great!
Old 12-02-2006, 04:17 AM   #144
Dutch
"Dutch"

I think this will be the Wolves logo. With Black and Dark Green as the team colors.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:29 AM   #145
Dutch
"Dutch"

THought I might lend a hand to wade (when time permits) and was searching for "sandshark" and ran across this ironic picture.

Old 12-02-2006, 07:21 AM   #146
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

I really like this one. Thanks, wade! My only question is if it would be possible to fit the word "Stallions" on there as well? If it's not, no big deal...

Old 12-02-2006, 07:46 AM   #147
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
digamma - which do you like best?

Changing colors on this, adding a border, etc. as I've done on this is VERY easy. So, let me know what you like and we'll roll with it... I debate between the first and the last personally...

Edit: I envision text undeneath saying "Jeffersonians" potentially in some fancy way for a full-blown logo... again, I view these logos right now more as future helmet logos.. things can be added for banners, etc...

Man, thanks, wade. I had been looking for a Jefferson profile too, but can't seem to find one either. I like the first and the last as well, with my preference being the last. Looks great, though. THanks!
Old 12-02-2006, 08:42 AM   #148
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Any idea where this image is from besides finding it on Stock Photo? I'd love to get ahold of a larger image...

And yeah, hook me up with a color choice, and I can definitely do something with this.

umm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I do not have any sort of clear idea what I'd like for Hawk Mountain. The real Sharp Shinned hawk is a fairly unsightly color mix (slate blue with white and some reddish streaking) so I'd like to go with a more colorful and raptor-like color scheme -- something like dark brown, copper, and red/burgundy.

Quote:
Prime:

I took another stab at Ballas. Personally, I like the logo, I'm just not sold at ALL on the colors.

Whaddya think?

Personally, I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
I really like this one. Thanks, wade! My only question is if it would be possible to fit the word "Stallions" on there as well? If it's not, no big deal...

What about rounded along the outside of the bottom edge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Man, thanks, wade. I had been looking for a Jefferson profile too, but can't seem to find one either. I like the first and the last as well, with my preference being the last. Looks great, though. THanks!

I can put together a Jefferson silhouette if you'd like.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #149
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Ok, another guy without graphics skills...so if anyone would like to take a shot at it, that would be wonderful.

I had two ideas, really. In one, I would have something like the flash on my company's website www.neoscale.com. Basically, in the clear text going in one end and an encrypted data stream coming out the other. Instead of our product, I would probably just have a padlock. Actually implementing this logo, however, sounds difficult because I'm not so sure you would get the "in the clear" to "encrypted" effect since the logo necessarily has to be smaller.

The second idea I had was to have a logo padlock with Encryptors written in a semi-circle above the padlock. However...I was hoping for a very futuristic font to write Encryptors. My intent was to have to use your head a little to read the word "Encryptors" and thus have that same encrypted effect.

Anyone want to take a shot?
how do you know?

Old 12-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #150
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
We can swap any of the colors around if you would like. And how are the shades of red/blue? I used the image of the UK flag on the CIA factbook site. If I find time (I did this in 15 min at work while no one was looking.. I do development, so having illustrator open is rather obvious) I will try to make it a little better in general. Would you rather swap the red and the white?

No, it's fine like that I was just thinking about making the white ellipse a bit wider, to sort of work as more of a divider.