Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-23-2010, 09:48 PM   #601
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Sorry guys, I thought I'd be on this evening but my wife, and a board meeting had differnet plans. Glad to see NTN reveal, and that my stuck vote didn't cause any harm.

I hope tomorrow I'll have more time for the game.
I really hope to see more discussion about ntn tomorrow. I'm not sure how his invent something use it same day sits with me.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #602
J23
College Benchwarmer

Just popping back in. Sorry to see CR burn, but a little glad my read was actually right to move off him. I'm not sure I buy the ntn story either honestly. Did anyone try passing an item to the scientist that can verify the role is in the game?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #603
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
You could make and use a gadet in one day?

I tried to use it but I dont think I could use it. I don't know that I will or not. the item I made I found out that i cant use it. so I plan on passing on hoping it will be of use to a certain someone.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #604
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

*whispers*

I think they killed Abe

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #605
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Can you be sure that the Red Death even exists? Perhaps the plan was to convince you that the Red Death is real in your midst when it is not, and then you kill each other in paranoia while there are no servants here.

Another night passes calmly. You have slain two of your members, and your "enemy" has slain none. How much of an enemy can they really be? Where is the evidence of their existence again? Perhaps it was just a mathematical error.

Night Two has ended. Day Three has begun and will end at 10 pm EST on Wednesday

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #606
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

So, was there a conversion this time? The sky didn't turn all weird this time but who knows

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #607
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Perhaps at this point it would be good if the exorcisor exorcised ntndeacon on the exorcycle.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 AM   #608
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Eh, twas a shitty lynch. I should have left my vote on Henry when I left for the day. I still stand by my analysis and time permitting I will do a writeup for those that I didn't get to yesterday sometime today.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:15 AM   #609
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm out for the night.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:25 AM   #610
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Night all, catch ya in the morning

Old 03-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #611
Danny
Head Coach

Will be incredibly busy today. Im going to vote early this time. Usually don't like to vote him, but I have a gut feel read.

Vote Darth
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:08 AM   #612
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Posting from phone. There could be two crucifixes. I started with the peacemaker and passed it to the sheriff last night. I didn't pass it the first night because I thought he already had one. Yesterday I sent Abe a pm before I left for the night passing it to him thinking that maybe he didn't have one.

Now he may have two. I guess if he does then he can pass one of them to a similar role.

Also why the distrust for ntn? Isn't it too early for a wolf to play that card?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #613
Thomkal
Head Coach

good morning everyone. Sucks that there may be another conversion, but we are forgetting that we have a role that can protect against conversions as they are taking place. So if the Abjurer got very lucky there could actually be no conversions.

I hope someone has some information for us that we can work on today, I do not.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 AM   #614
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys, another day of me being part-time. I'll be back mid-afternoon.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #615
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning all

Old 03-24-2010, 08:21 AM   #616
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Perhaps at this point it would be good if the exorcisor exorcised ntndeacon on the exorcycle.

The way I read the description, they can try to exorcise once per day, and only those that are exorcised are revealed in the thread. I'd assume that they've submitted a name each day for it.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #617
Telle
College Starter

Another thought on the mistletoe. It was considered sacred by the ancient Druids. I'm thinking then it may be useful in spell-casting.. so maybe it should be passed to one of the two spell casters.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #618
Autumn
Head Coach

That's a good guess, Telle. Worth a try, and then that role could pass it on if it wasn't any use.

I really don't have a clue where to vote today. I had to read through yesterday's action quickly. I'll need to look back at the votes and see if I can piece anything together. It's hard to get a handle on anyone in a game this big at the beginning.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #619
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I'm open to hearing arguments today. I haven't been able to follow along as well as usual, so I don't have a good gut read on most people. but I don't really see anything about Henry passing an item which should make us feel any better or worse about him. I'm going to put him back on the block for the same reason I was voting NTN, simply to clear up vote history.

VOTE HENRY
Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #620
hoopsguy
General Manager

A couple of thoughts:
1.) Is there value in having NTN discuss the gadgets that he has made each night?

2.) If there is an Abjurer in the game, they presumably tried to cast a Warding spell last night. The chances of having cast it on a bad guy and blocking an action are at least as high as protecting someone who was attacked, correct? If so, I would think that person has to be at least a bit suspicious of who they cast their spell on last night since we had no kill. I'm not advocating that they reveal and get a lynch there, but potentially they could lay down a vote on that person so we have some way of tracking info later if that role meets an untimely demise.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:38 AM   #621
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
A couple of thoughts:
2.) If there is an Abjurer in the game, they presumably tried to cast a Warding spell last night. The chances of having cast it on a bad guy and blocking an action are at least as high as protecting someone who was attacked, correct? If so, I would think that person has to be at least a bit suspicious of who they cast their spell on last night since we had no kill. I'm not advocating that they reveal and get a lynch there, but potentially they could lay down a vote on that person so we have some way of tracking info later if that role meets an untimely demise.

Wouldn't that put an awfully big target on the abjurer if that person doesn't already have some votes on them?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #622
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
A couple of thoughts:
1.) Is there value in having NTN discuss the gadgets that he has made each night?

I think you're making a pretty big jump there. You are assuming that the Abjurer will know if they were successful in blocking. In that case I would agree that it might make sense for him to be suspicious of the person he cast the spell on. But if the Abjurer doesn't know about success/failure I don't think that suspicion makes sense.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #623
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

I'm not sure how to take this since I can't read Crimson at all. Is this a hint, or is this a joke or just a random comment?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #624
The Jackal
Coordinator

I imagine he means since ntn is the only revealed good role/trusted person we have that he'd be a good conversion target.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #625
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I imagine he means since ntn is the only revealed good role/trusted person we have that he'd be a good conversion target.

That makes sense. I was trying to wrap my head around that comment but I was drawing blanks.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #626
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dannys quick vote for his boy is interesting
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #627
Thomkal
Head Coach

So nobody after two days of night actions and item passing/using has any info for us?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #628
henry296
College Starter

Autumn,

There is not much that I can argue right now as I voted for CR yesterday and wasn't involved in the ntn/EF runoff on night one so my voting history is meaningless at this point.

I provided everything about my actions on Day 1 possible. Last night, I did nothing since no one passed me anything nor did I receive anything last night.

I'm actually thinking about CrimsonFox today. His opinion to not push for EF to reveal the name of his item so we could draw our own conclusions on its impact doesn't feel right. He also seemed very interested in making sure I was a strong candidate last night.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #629
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So nobody after two days of night actions and item passing/using has any info for us?

I passed my item on Day 1, and I don't have any night actions.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #630
Autumn
Head Coach

I think this is going to be a long game, so I'm not surprised we have nothing to go on yet. If I'm right that we started with very few wolves it will be a while before we stand a chance at catching anyone at anything.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #631
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think this is going to be a long game, so I'm not surprised we have nothing to go on yet. If I'm right that we started with very few wolves it will be a while before we stand a chance at catching anyone at anything.

I hope that this is going to be a long game - that we didn't start off with a full pack of wolves and multiple conversions. I'm guessing Abe balanced this one better than that.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #632
hoopsguy
General Manager

So I've got some information on my starting item that may be worth sharing.

Both as a potential data piece for last night and to arm someone else with a possible duplicate item of what they can expect from it.

Are people interested? Not a lot of other conversation going on ... at this point I'm leaning towards disclosure rather than holding onto info with the remote hopes of catching someone in a lie later.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #633
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I'm not sure how to take this since I can't read Crimson at all. Is this a hint, or is this a joke or just a random comment?

Part joke, part request. I'm saying whoever the exorcist is, they should try and exorcise ntndeacon since it's a good guess that HE was the one converted last night. Ordinarily ntn would be dead now since he's the only reveal.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #634
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Abe's games have frequently gone longer. I am not worried that we started with a full pack of wolves and far behind the 8 ball. In fact if we can get lucky even today I think we put a big dent in the wolves' ability to win.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #635
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I did pass on the item I made the first night. and made another last night. It looks as if I can not use this item I made either as there is no directions on its use. (There wasn't on what I passed either. And after attempting to use it I finally with help from our benevolent overlord...I mean moderator Realized that if it had a use it wasn't a use I could do. ) and I did send it to a role so I know that role is in play.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #636
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I wasn't the conversion. (I understand y'all will take that with a large grain of salt) I will say that seems an almost to obvious trap to avoid. meaning that will take the exorcist away from a successful excorsism. If I was under the sway of the Red Death. I would be converting those that I did not know. Hoping to either find or convert one of the minister excorsist abdjurer or Adept.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #637
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Just reading up a bit, and i'll be heading out soon so i'll cast my vote early and be out the rest of the day

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #638
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It's interesting how this game has played out. We have no real insight into the wolves thinking because there has been no record of night actions. I think this is further complicating our ability to proceed during the day.

With that said, hoops if you have information worth sharing I think you should share it.

And perhaps we want to all reveal our items that we started with. Now that there have been two days of passing just our revealing the original item we have is no guarantee that it is with the original person, but might help some good roles who might know of a need for a certain item.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #639
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
And perhaps we want to all reveal our items that we started with. Now that there have been two days of passing just our revealing the original item we have is no guarantee that it is with the original person, but might help some good roles who might know of a need for a certain item.

What I mean here is, if we reveal our original item, it doesn't help the wolves since we've had two opportunities to pass the item and so we might, or might not, still have that item were they to kill us.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #640
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Posting from phone. There could be two crucifixes. I started with the peacemaker and passed it to the sheriff last night. I didn't pass it the first night because I thought he already had one. Yesterday I sent Abe a pm before I left for the night passing it to him thinking that maybe he didn't have one.

Now he may have two. I guess if he does then he can pass one of them to a similar role.

You had a peacemaker too? We know for certain EF had one. If you're telling the truth, then duplicate items exist.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #641
Autumn
Head Coach

Hoops, I think it would be good to divulge. We know there's duplicates out there, so sharing uses of items will help us a lot in the long run.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #642
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
What I mean here is, if we reveal our original item, it doesn't help the wolves since we've had two opportunities to pass the item and so we might, or might not, still have that item were they to kill us.

well since I've been the one asking people to be more forthcoming this game, I will reveal my original item-It is a Jar of Myrrh. As mentioned in thread, I passed it night one to a role. I have not received an item from anybody else (and I'm hurt that no one loves me )
Old 03-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #643
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oh and yes I too would be interested to hear about your item Hoops.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #644
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It's 2, but by god it's 5 o'clock somewhere. I'm on my second bottle of wine. Life is good.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #645
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
It's 2, but by god it's 5 o'clock somewhere. I'm on my second bottle of wine. Life is good.

pass the pinot
Old 03-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #646
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'd rather not reveal my item's name because I think it helps the wolves more than the villagers to do so. I am not saying that this is the case for all of the items, but with mine specifically, I'm wary of giving the wolves some information that they might not have atm.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #647
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok since at least one other person agrees with me, I'll reveal that I had a scroll of Wrath.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #648
Telle
College Starter

I had a charm of protection.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #649
hoopsguy
General Manager

I had a Tincture of Iodine. Initially I had thought this might be something that would heal someone, or perhaps cure a poison of some sort. I kept this for the first night, in part because I forgot to pass it with the idea of validating a role.

I decided last night that it was unlikely to do what I had initially suspected since it was just a night role. So I decided to roll the dice and take it myself; I didn't think there was much chance of it having negative connotations.

Anyway, long story short - it protected me from any type of actions last night. After clarifying with the moderator, it is clear that I would not know if I was targeted by anyone (good or bad intentions).

So, this is a possible explanation for the lack of activity last night. Probably not the most likely, but it is one potential explanation I suppose. Also, for someone with this item you can now make an informed decision on how to use it. I'm hoping that this is good for us as a whole, since we have more villagers than wolves, but I'm guessing the wolves could find benefits to this item as well.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #650
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'll be honest, i haven't been playing at my best this game. I haven't pegged anyone as a wolf yet, with the xception of autumn at that one time. I have no clue on him now though.

Vote CrimsonFox

Just because I have no read, which may be his intention.

Oh, and my item is the Lantern of Substance. Have no clue what it does

―Darth Plagueis the Wise