Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Werewolf CXIII: 2010 NFL Draft (WOLVES WIN! #1 Pick: Crimson Fox)

The game will begin Tuesday March 30'th with noon and 9 PM CST deadlines (24 hour clock in terms of voting, scans, blocks, etc.). Roles will be determined by the number of sign-ups.

When you sign-up, please PM me or post publicly what position and what college you would like to represent. It'll be used more for flavor than anything (position may play a small role in the draft process), so particular football knowledge is not required.

--RULES--
This will be run as a standard game of WereWolf, villagers vs. wolves. For the wolves to win, they must get the game down to a 1:1 ratio of wolves to villagers. For the villagers to win, they must eliminate all the wolves. Wolves may PM each other freely. The player with the most votes each day will be lynched. You do not know what will happen in the event of a tie. Votes MUST be in bold to count and votes are good until the forum clock clicks to 9:01 CST

In addition to the standard game, an individual competition will be happening simultaneously. Each player is competing for the number 1 draft pick in the draft. The individual that accomplishes this will be a major victor. IF the game ends prior to Draft Day, then the number 1 rated player that day will be the major victor.

There may be rewards for players that are the top daily performer in the two events.

Each player will start the game with a certain number of energy points (50 points per player for the entire game) that can be spent in the variety of events. Events that may appear include (but are not limited to):

Day 1- Senior Game
Night 1- Pro-Day
Day 2- Combine Event: 40 yd dash
Night 2- Combine Event: Wonderlic test
Day 3- Combine Event: Bench press
Night 3- Combine Event: Interview
Day 4- Individual team workouts
Night 4- NFL Draft Green Room Invites
Day 5- Draft Day (picks up to #3) REMAINING POINTS ARE AUTOMATICALLY SPENT HERE
Night 5- Draft Day (picks #2 and #1)

Your daily responsibility as a player is two-fold:
1- Submit daily points via PM to be used in the daily and evening event (failure to submit points will result in 0 points expended). I'll take these anytime up until noon CST for the afternoon deadline and 9 pm CST for the evening deadline but you can submit them both at once anytime after the previous evening's deadline.

2- Submit a lynch vote on the forum each day to eliminate one of your competitors. Lynch is done at the evening deadline (failure to vote will result in a loss of 5 energy points).

Mel Kiper will publish a daily report of each event so players will have a general knowledge of their standing but there may be some unforeseen adjustments. The published reports will be relatively close to truth, but again, not exact.

-Possible Roles (HOWEVER there may be some other "abilities" at play as well)-
VILLAGE ROLES
Seer- Once per night, may submit a name to have that person scanned. Information received will only be "villager" or "wolf."
Bodyguard- May choose to guard one player per night, may not guard the same person consecutively and may not guard self.
Duke- Once per game, my choose to save the lynch target and replace them with another player of his choosing.

WOLF ROLES
Brutal- When lynched, this wolf is strong enough to take another player with him.

Sample Vanilla Villager PM:
You are a vanilla villager. You have 50 energy points which you can spend however you want in each event. There will be two events per day, one at noon CST and one at nine pm CST. Good luck!

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 04-05-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Time changes in title
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Sign-ups and bios

1- Schmidty: Running Back, Michigan State University- Schmidty is a bruiser, built like a tank but enough speed that once he runs you over...he's gone. He does the little things, picks up the pass block, makes a catch in the flats, and can run for the hard yards. He's a big threat with the ball in general, but the most dangerous plowing through the middle.

Schmidty could be the first great running back to wear the Lions' blue since the great Barry Sanders. While Sanders was agile and graceful, Schmidty is brute force and power. The Black and Blue division better look out because Schmidty will likely make his mark on plenty of the defenses.

2- Danny: Quarterback, University of California- The Bears relied on their strong-armed QB as they made an impressive run through the PAC-10. Danny is not known for his speed or athleticism but instead for dead-eye accuracy and one of the strongest arms to come through the draft in years. Give him time and he'll pick apart any defense.

Danny was a surprising slip given his swagger but he ended up with the home state San Francisco 49'ers. Will he be the next in a long line of great SF quarterbacks? Well, he can't be much worse then what they've been stuck with lately. Look for him to put up some tremendous numbers against the Rams, take on the challenge of the Cardinals surprising defense, and face off with fellow rookie Autumn when they play the Seahawks.

3- JEHeinz: Nose Tackle, University of Wisconsin- The Badger's stud D-lineman JEHeinz is a force to be reckoned with. He is built perfectly for a 3-4 defense as he's big, tough, and strong. During the Big Ten season teams actively ran to the outside rather than deal with Heinz. It didn't matter though as he has the play anticipation and quicks to track down runners from behind and smash them like a tomato.

The Bills defense took a huge step forward in drafting Heinz. He should be able to help destroy the Jets' running game, help contain the New England Patriots offensive attack, and fluster the Dolphins' Wildcat offense. Heinz will be loved by the loyal Bills fans and should eat his weight in wings.

4- Abe Sargent: Kicker, Marshall University- A first round pick who's a kicker? They don't call Abe 'The Leg' for nothing. His range is spectacular (two 65 yard field goals in his senior season) but more impressive is his streak of 38 straight field goals made at 45 yards or less, especially when one considers the uncertain weather in Huntington, West Virginia. He's a kicker that is more offensive weapon than anything.

Abe Sargent will get plenty of opportunities to kick field goals and extra points with the offensive attack of David Garrard and Maurice Jones Drew. The Florida sunshine should be a nice change of pace over those West Virginia winters. He has a booming leg and will put up huge points.

5- KWhit: Quarterback, University of Georgia- KWhit is another great Bulldogs quarterback, much in the mold of David Greene. He broke most of Eric Zeier's 11 school records and is a tenacious competitor. He's quiet but confident and his killer instinct earned him the nickname 'The Athens Assassin.'

Maybe KWhit will be a big deal quarterback pick that won't bust out in Tampa Bay. His accuracy and competitive drive should be welcomed as his style of play should beckon back to that of the very popular Mike Alstott. Bucs fans should welcome the aerial assault that KWhit brings.

6- The Jackal: Free Safety, University of Maryland- The ACC is not known for having brutal, crushing defenders (outside 'The U' of course) but Jackal is the exception. In his senior year, it was a battle on whether Jackal would force more fumbles, make more picks, or knock out more players. For the record, he forced 4 fumbles, made 5 picks, and knocked 2 players unconscious.

From one coast to the other, Jackal is the second player taken by the Seahawks. He'll join Autumn as the other safety across the field. This two picks make the Seahawks' defense absolutely deadly and dangerous. Jackal should also love getting the opportunity to square off against rookie QB Danny. The Seahawks have propelled themselves to the top of the division in defense with this pick as Jackal starts his head-hunting in the NFL.

7- Henry296: Outside Linebacker, University of Pennsylvania- Henry is a rare specimen, combining intellect, speed, and power. He plays with a chip on his shoulder and is always a threat to unleash great fury on opponents. He gave up a scholarship to Penn State to instead pursue academics in addition to football (and to play for a coach that is more human than cyborg).

Henry isn't going too far from Pennsylvania, joining one of the home state Steelers' rivals in the Cleveland Browns. He'll help up the intensity and skill of the Browns D as they try to get on the same level as the Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals. The drafting of Henry will hopefully signal a turning point for the Browns, as they've added a lot of speed and agility.

8- Autumn: Safety, University of New Hampshire- Autumn was the defensive leader of a surprising University of New Hampshire Wildcats tremendous defense. More speed, flash, and instinct than brute force, Autumn is a game-changer and will likely bring his amazing athleticism to special teams in addition to defense.

Autumn should have a bright career ahead of him playing in the Pacific Northwest. It's a big move for the player from New Hampshire but he should find his skills challenged by some of the NFC West's stars. We're all looking forward to the first time he matches up with the receiving corp that the Cardinals have or, even better, when the 49'ers roll in with rookie quarterback Danny.

9- Crimson Fox: Wide Receiver, Notre Dame- Crimson Fox may be one of the few likable players to elevate through the ranks of the Fighting Irish. Tall and strong, he's as suited for a jump ball in basketball as he is for catching a deep pass in the NFL. He's the biggest deep threat in the draft.

The Falcons got a tremendous weapon to go with their play-action offense. Matt Ryan should love hitting Crimson Fox on deep route after deep route. He'll be the biggest name receiver in Atlanta since Andre 'Bad Moon' Rison. He should dominate in the Dome and be very popular among the Falcons loyal.

10-ntndeacon: Defensive Tackle, Wake Forest- Calling Deacon of the Demon Deacons a run stopper is like calling a Magnum .44 a handgun. He is a demon in the middle, oftentimes tacking on double-teams and still finding a way to lead the ACC in tackles for a loss. His punishing hits have jarred many a ball carriers and caused a tremendous amount of fumbles, forcing six in just twelve games his senior year.

The Chiefs are trying to re-establish their defense and this selection goes a long way to doing that. Deacon should hold down the middle against the running attacks they'll face in the West. Teams will have to scheme around Deacon, otherwise they'll just have to get used to a 1.0 yard per carry average and a fumble or two a game.

11- Hoopsguy: Cornerback, University of Illinois- Five defensive touchdowns in his senior season and nine for his career have made Hoopsguy a legend on the University of Illinois campus. The Blue and Orange Streak has terrific football skills, intellect, and, in the rare times he finds himself out of position, has the speed to correct any miscalculations. Don't mistake him for Deion Sanders though, Hoopsguy welcomes contact and even recorded four sacks this past year out of cornerback blitzes.

Who knew that there could be something worse than playing for the Illini? Out of the frying pan and into the fire, Hoopsguy is going to be part of the Al Davis/Tom Cable Raiders. But he is joining an amazing pass defense and he only makes them that much more dangerous. He should get lots of opportunities for picks against the Chiefs' Matt Cassell and the Broncos' Kyle Orton. Philip Rivers will be a challenge but we think Hoops is up to it.

12- Darth Vilus: Wide Receiver, UCLA- Darth was considered a second round pick until he torched the Cal Bears for 13 catches, 179 yards, and 3 touchdowns. Dude had some serious dark Jedi action going that day. But then Darth continued from there, tearing it up the rest of the way by catching anything and everything thrown within the Northwest Hemisphere. Darth is a first down and touchdown machine.

This may have ended up being the most important pick in the draft as Vilus will be a weapon for the rifle arm of Donovan McNabb. He's surrounded by possession receivers so he should be the home run hitter for the 'Skins. I would not want to be in the Eagles' secondary when McNabb-Vilus come to town, because it could get ugly.

13- Chief Rum: Defensive End, UCLA- Opposing quarterbacks need a good stiff shot of rum after taking shots from Chief Rum. He's a burner off the corner, just ask Danny from Cal. He crushed the highly rated quarterback three times but that was just one of three games where CR recorded three sacks. He is a punishing and brutal tackler and the pure epitome of controlled violence.

Is this a return to the Orange Crush defense of the Broncos? CR will be a monster at stopping the run and chasing down quarterbacks, especially in the particularly weak AFC West. Raiders? Ha! Chiefs? Come on! Chargers? The only thing charging there will be CR at Phillip Rivers. Look out league, here comes CR!

14- J23: Running Back, Stanford- If Rice a Roni is the San Francisco treat then J23 and his shake and bake moves are the pride of the Stanford Cardinal. J23 led the Pac-10 in yards from the line of scrimmage. He has an array of moves that is video game-esque, from a powerful stiff arm, a quick spin, and ability to hit a gear higher than anyone else on the field.

Ronnie Brown's off-season issues with a DUI and season-ending injury have forced the Dolphins to make a big move. J23 is going to have to be a big time play-maker to get the Dolphins back on the winning track. He faces tough defenses in the Jets, Patriots, and Bills in the AFC East but he should be a show-stopper, particularly if and when he gets to the outside.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 04-05-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Team Draft Order (Subject to change with trades)

1. Atlanta Falcons (CB, LB, K) Crimson Fox
2. Detroit Lions (DE, CB, RB) Schmidty
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (DT, WR, K) KWhit
4. Washington Redskins (OT, QB, RB) Darth Vilus
5. Kansas City Chiefs (OT, S, LB) ntndeacon/Lathum
6. Seattle Seahawks (DE, OT, RB) The Jackal- duke D4
7. Cleveland Browns (DT, DE, S) Henry- villager D4
8. Oakland Raiders (QB, OT, WR) Hoopsguy- villager D3
9. Buffalo Bills (OLB, OT, QB) JEHeinz- seer D3
10. Jacksonville Jaguars (DE, S, LB) Abe Sargent, brutal wolf D3
11. Denver Broncos (WR, C, NT) Chief Rum- villager D2
12. Miami Dolphins (WR, S, NT) J23- villager, D2
13. San Francisco 49'ers (OT, S, CB) Danny- villager, D1
14. Seattle Seahawks Autumn- Bodyguard, D1
15. New York Giants (S, LB, DT)
16. Tennessee Titans (LB, CB, DT)
17. San Francisco 49'ers
18. Pittsburgh Steelers (CB, S, NT)
19. St. Louis Rams (QB, DT)
20. Houston Texans (RB, C, S)

will add more if needed...

A SLIGHT bonus may occur if the drafting team needs your position, however most teams will draft the best available player. In addition, trades may occur and cause pick movements.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 04-05-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'll play again.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In. I'm kidding, of course.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #6
Danny
Head Coach

I'll play, though I'm not going to be at my usual activity level just like last game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

In. Deadline is a bit salty for me but I should be able to make it rock
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

in

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
KWhit
Coordinator

I'll play.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #10
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sure, in
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #11
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Going to sit this one out. Will be away all next week for work so I have no idea what my availability would look like.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Going to sit this one out. Will be away all next week for work so I have no idea what my availability would look like.

You would sit my game out...douchebag.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #13
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

lol, sorry.

Who would I vote for?

Plus you would probably have a rule that says I have to be the day one vote...
Old 03-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #14
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

In all honesty, I will miss having you in the game, but I understand.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #15
henry296
College Starter

In again.

I want to be an outside linebacker from the University of Pennsylvania. If you say Penn State, I'll go Poli on you.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #16
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Rules posted and bios updated
Old 03-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #17
Autumn
Head Coach

In.

Safety, University of New Hampshire.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #18
Danny
Head Coach

Quarterback, University of Cal (my actual school doesn't have a team).
Old 03-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #19
Danny
Head Coach

I'm pretty much the first pick by default as no one ever picks safeties or linebackers #1.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #20
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'm pretty much the first pick by default as no one ever picks safeties or linebackers #1.

Well then, you enjoy the Rams. That's called winning and losing all at once.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #21
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

LOL! You are my new favorite PB!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #22
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

In, Wide Receiver, Notre Dame
Old 03-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #23
KWhit
Coordinator

QB - University of Georgia
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My char - K, Marshall University.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #25
Schmidty
Coordinator

Michigan State please.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #26
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Michigan State please.

Running back, just like in school.

(So, I guess the closest thing to a 1st round FB as possible.....)
Old 03-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #27
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Giving this a quick bump...will make adjustments if our numbers stay between here and a dozen.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's go WVU!!!!!

Old 03-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #29
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Let's go WVU!!!!!

+1. Beat Kentucky!
Old 03-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #30
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Instead of "throwing the pigskin", we could "toss the douchebag".
(Wearing rubber gloves, of course)
Old 03-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #31
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in and DT from Wake Forest
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #32
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
in and DT from Wake Forest

Gotcha!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #33
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yay ntn!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #34
hoopsguy
General Manager

In.

CB from University of Illinois.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #35
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
In.

CB from University of Illinois.

Gotcha!

Keep signing up guys, this is a really good group.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #36
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Made some minor adjustments such as two events per day and rewards for daily top performers. Also, possible roles listed.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #37
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hopefully some more people will signup tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #38
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Hopefully some more people will signup tomorrow.

My hopes too, I'm actually going to run signups through tomorrow night if there are no objections. I'll have roles out Monday night by 9 pm CST.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #39
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My hopes too, I'm actually going to run signups through tomorrow night if there are no objections. I'll have roles out Monday night by 9 pm CST.

I object!!!!

Old 03-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #40
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I object!!!!

Please refer to post #12.

For the rest of you, I'll be available most of the day tomorrow to answer any rules questions you may have (hopefully it looks as simple as it is in my head). I would love to get a couple more signups in tomorrow as well but if we don't, I'm excited about the group we've got.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #41
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

If I behave myself can I play? Won't say a thing derogatory towards any other player. 'Cept Danny of course, that's a given :-)

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #42
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
If I behave myself can I play? Won't say a thing derogatory towards any other player. 'Cept Danny of course, that's a given :-)

Aw I will feel left out
Pick a position and school dude
Old 03-29-2010, 12:19 AM   #43
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Wide receiver, UCLA (Danny going down)

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-29-2010, 06:17 AM   #44
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I wouldn't let you play unless you were being nasty to Danny.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #45
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I wouldn't let you play unless you were being nasty to Danny.

Fair enough

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #46
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

what's CST time? I mean it's 1 hour later than EST right?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #47
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
what's CST time? I mean it's 1 hour later than EST right?

It's an hour earlier. So if it is 10 pm EST, then it is 9 pm CST. Sorry, I hate CST time myself and miss living on the east coast but it's what I'm stuck with now!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #48
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'll jump in to help numbers...

I'll be a RB from Stanford
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #49
henry296
College Starter

PB - there is a conflict in the first post. One sentence refers to 9 PM EST and another to 9 PM CST? Which is it?
Old 03-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #50
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just a suggestion PB - you've got 9 PM EST in the first line, might want to change that to avoid confusion.