Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Dynasty that Never Was - TCY

I built a TCY dynasty, left it for a while, and was intending to come back. I had only played two or three years of it. It was cool though!

I often start a dynasty by writing it down. After I've played enough to know that we have something, then I begin the dynasty thread. I was doing that with this one, and I was about to restart it, but the save game is corrupted or some rubbish, so now, it's gone. Dead. There will never ever ever be another post. I thought it would be fun to bring you that dynasty. Expect it to be posted piecemeal over the next few days for your reading enjoyment.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

“This week, on Outside the Lines, ESPN features a scathing special 4 hour edition compiled over the course of six months that will open your eyes about the NCAA, universities and businesses with revelations that will make the most zealous conspiracy theorists turn white. We will reveal secrets years and decades in the making that have changed college football forever. This is simply not a documentary to be missed, so we have moved it to 6 pm in your time zone, so that you can watch the revelation. An encore presentation will run immediately afterwards.”

Old 01-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Excerpts from “Failures of Football,” the ESPN Outside the Lines documentary:

“There are some who are calling this the greatest sports scandal of all time. I mean, it beats out stuff like the Black Sox scandal.”

“The combination of conspiracies between companies, colleges and the NCAA have stifled college football at its highest level.”

“…and yet, schools like Eastern Michigan University and Kent State, with woeful attendance numbers well below the 15,000 threshold are still in the Div 1-A.”

“Another example is here on the NCAA’s own website, which conveniently only lists attendance by the top 100 schools and leaves off the bottom fillers. Why is the data missing from their website?”

“So, our first case against the NCAA is these schools that have repeatedly violated the NCAA’s own rules about staying in the Div 1-A, and yet the NCAA has not sent them back, and has given more time, while also changing the rules silently to favor these schools. They have allowed them to have “home” games outside of their home venue, to give away tickets for free, and to count tickets distributed, not the turnstile count.”

“In fact, after we investigated further, we found that fully ELEVEN schools in 2003 had an average attendance of less than 15,000 at their home games. The rule that the NCAA had instituted to move some of its members away from controversy and strengthen their hold on the teams, instead was beginning to backfire.”

“The second case is the Liberty University example. Over the next few minutes, we are going to show how Liberty University has been applying for Div 1-A standing for more than 6 years. Despite meeting all of the NCAA qualifications for promotion, they have been denied time and again, and no hearing was ever held on their behalf.”

“Indeed, these private e-mails from NCAA office show that many public universities were not happy with the football restrictions that Brigham Young placed on their athletic competitions, and were concerned that similar restrictions could come from Liberty. Additionally, there are several e-mails, once deleted, that show a personal bias by NCAA President himself against “nutjob schools” such as Liberty.”

“Thus, in conclusion, the VMI case looks among the worse, as government officials in both the White House and the Senate lobbied to keep it’s Div 1-AA status, despite a lack of attendance, scholarships, and other requirements.”

“These Div-II schools have applied for Div 1-AA membership for quite some time behind the scenes, and exceed all of the qualifications for a higher status, and yet continue to be denied, because the NCAA has political or personal or economic favorites that it does not want to demote. That is how we first were clued in to this issue, by the Athletic Director at one such school, Fairmont State University.”

“Apparently these discriminations were continued with NAIA schools that were interested in joining the NCAA.”

“These documents obtained by private investigators show that the BCS method of determination was done specifically to shut out mid-major conferences. It’s what every conspiracy theorist with two beers in a sports bar has claimed, but now we have the evidence to support it.”

“In fact, it appears through numerous fact verification on ESPN’s part, that many conference heads were in on the whole thing. Here is an e-mail from the office of the Pac-10’s President…”

“And with these conspirators comes the following piece. Companies sponsoring bowl games have noticed tremendous sales growth that cannot be attributed to just that one marketing campaign. We had independent auditors look over the books of several companies that sponsored bowls, including Carquest and Insight Enterprises. What we found was staggering.”

“Diamond Foods, Inc, sponsors of the Emerald Bowl contacted us and gave us numerous e-mails, text messages, and other documents sent to them on behalf of the NCAA and various conferences.”

“Thus, it appears that the companies that sponsored the bowls, and the payout that went to the bowl teams, were getting kickbacks from advertising revenue from the Div 1-A football teams and players from the NCAA. And this completes the circle. Follow us on this:

1). The NCAA was keeping certain teams in and certain ones out, despite rules against this, including their own.
2). The NCAA was selling team and player goods for large sums of money, much of it under the table.
3). The NCAA then distributed this money, most of which comes from the top teams, to the companies sponsoring the bowls.
4). The companies then give some of this money in prizes to those who go to the bowls, with by far the biggest chunks of change going to the BCS bowls.
5) The conferences and NCAA conspired to ensure that only the top conferences send teams to the BCS bowls, thus ensuring that they are pocketing the largest sums of money from the NCAA money, laundered through the companies and then given as payouts for the Bowls.”

“This statement from a staff member of Senator Riggs confirms that he kept the Senate off the NCAA’s back, while his alma mater, VMI, and schools from his state, Michigan, continue to receive special treatment from the NCAA.”

“Over the past four hours, we have shown the seedy underworld of college football at the highest levels. None of us here at ESPN knew the story we were uncovering when one of our reporters took the call from Fairmont State University. There are times when we have to double and triple check the facts, because the story seems so incredulous, that only a movie script could produce it. And yet, here we are, and the only cameras are ours. And I’m not reading a script. This is the biggest story we have ever done here at ESPN, and it is just the beginning. Where will the college football world go from here?”

Old 01-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Two Months Later

Quotes from the Senate Hearing:

“And thus, with the passage of this bill, the NCAA as an institution will cease to exist immediately, to be replaced by a government agency called the Syndicate. All schools in competing athletic associations will be given a one time offer to join the Syndicate immediately.”

“And these schools that have been hurt the most from the NCAA’s practices will be immediately compensated by joining a new conference in the division formerly known as Div 1-A”

“The Division 1-A shall be called the Championship Division. Division 1, 2, and 3 will form under it, from the old Div-1AA, 2 and 3.”

“No bowl game shall be sponsored by any company, but instead run by the Syndicate. They shall be given names similar to the old Bowl names, and replacements names will be ordered for some. Where possible, old bowls will keep an alignment with one or both conferences from before, but that often cannot happen. Some old bowls are restarted as well.”

“No BCS bowls exist any longer. The #1 and #2 teams, no matter from what conference, shall face off annually, with the #3 and #5 teams, #4 and #7, and #6 and #8 teams also squaring off. These shall be determined solely by polls and the Syndicate’s own computer ranking, and not by conference. No conference shall get a bid automatically.”

“The Emerald Bowl shall retain its name as a thank you to Diamond Foods, Inc. For saving and providing highly sensitive information, voluntarily giving it to the investigators and this committee, and for helping to blow the whistle on this massive conspiracy, we are thankful.”

“The AMC schools shall be given a 5 year hiatus where they can catch up to the requirements to be in the Championship Division. After that time, the rules will begin to apply to them as well.”

“Any team that has a home average attendance of less than 15,000 shall be put on warning. The following year, if they do not get their attendance up, then they shall be moved down to Division One. The Committee shall select a team from Division One to move up to the Championship Division, keeping in mind the geographic requirements of the conference.”

“All conference movement is locked away. Teams are locked into their current conference. Conferences as an entity have been destroyed and only remain as an alignment in name only, maintained by the Syndicate.”

Old 01-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The New Conference:

The Appalachian Mountain Conference:

Duquesne University
Fairmont State University
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Liberty University
Radford University
Shepherd University
University of Richmond
West Virginia State University

Old 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Bowls:

Championship Bowl - Fiesta Bowl
Rose Bowl (#3 vs. #5)
Sugar Bowl (#4 vs. #7)
Orange Bowl (#6 vs. #8)
Citrus Bowl (ACC #2 vs. B10 #2)
Sun Bowl (B12 #2 vs. PAC10 #2)
Cotton Bowl (B12 #3 vs. ACC #3)
Gator Bowl (Big East #1 vs. SEC #2)
Alamo Bowl (B10 #3, Mountain West #2)
Holiday Bowl (ACC-4, Pac10-3)
Dice Bowl (B10-4, SEC-3) (Formerly known as the Las Vegas Bowl)
Bluebonnet Bowl (ACC-5, ConfUSA-1)
Copper Bowl (B10-5, B12-4)
Potato Bowl (Mwest-3, Indy-1) (Formerly known as Humanitarian Bowl)
Peach Bowl (ACC #6 vs. SEC #4)
Poinsettia Bowl (B10-6, WAC-1)
Aloha Bowl (Pac10-4, Mwest-4)
Motor City Bowl (B12-5, MAC-1)
Guitar Bowl (Pac10-5, SEC-5) (Formerly known as Music City Bowl)
Tangerine Bowl (Big East #2, Confusa-2)
Liberty Bowl (Big East #3 vs. At Large)
Emerald Bowl (Indy-2, vs. At Large)
Dixie Bowl (Sun Belt #1 vs. AMC #1)

Old 01-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Head Coach of the West Virginia State University Yellow Jackets Braham Essex is very young and very green. Hired just a few months ago for a Division II program in the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, he now finds his team in the new Appalachian Mountain Conference in the Championship Division with a giant spotlight on the program.

This team is not ready for the top level of football, either by talent, or in terms of coaching. Here are the staff initially for West Virginia State:

Syndicate Coordinator Joseph Sprincz - Terrible at Academic Eligibility, Poor at Investigations and Fair at Donations

Defensive Coordinator Marlon Douglas - Very Good Congeniality. Good at LB and DB, Poor and Fair at Injuries and Play Calling, Lousy with Rehab and D Line.

Offensive Coordinator Gino Collins - 5 yrs exp with Veer, Terrific Play Call, Excellent RB, Very Good Rehab, Congenial, Pretty Good O Line, Fair - QB and WR.

The OC Gino Collins is not bad at all, we got lucky with him.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our roster needs serious work. Our best player is a kicker, and our third best player is the backup kicker. We only have one scholarshiped QB, but he is the fourth best player on our team, so there is that.

QB Bubba Horner, a true junior with some development behind him, and room for growth, will start for us the next two years. I’ve seen worse QBs frankly, but I’ve seen lots better too.

RB Bubba Stokes has three years of eligilibility left, but he’s not that good. We have a better true freshman (Mack Chustz) but I am handing him a shirt of scarlet, in order to give us a shot at winning next season.

We have three FB with scholarships, and one QB. That’s silly. FB Gino Lilly, a true Junior is our best, but he’s not that good or that developed.

We have horrible tight ends. Our best is true Junior Louie Boone, but it’s a real contest to see who’s the least crappy.

At WR, we have a fully developed man in Jim Glaive, in the final year of his eligibility, and pretty solid too. Only weakness is avoiding drops, but he is in the 30s-50s in everything else.

I decide to red shirt freshman WR Bernie Johnson, and we will be looking at true sophomore Wade McGregor and very green but good potential sophomore WR Carlos Parcells to round out or receiving corps.

The second best player on the team is C George Thao, a first year senior with two years of eligibility. Once he develops, he’ll have all skills in the 50s and 60s.

I am red shirting Guard Kenyon Woodard, who will focus on academics his first year. I have three equally developed guards, none of which are that great, and all who have two years left.

We have a very good run blocking tackle in Joey McKenzie, with a severe weakness in pass blocking. Joey is a first year senior. By default, OT Randy Stone, a true junior, gets the next start, because he is fully developed. Very bad, but fully developed. With only four OT on the roster, and a freshman that has no potential, we have some problems here.

I red shirt my backup P, and start junior Lester Writt. I have good Punters for the next years, so no worries here.

At Kicker, I have an abundance of talent. Fernando Warren, my best player overall, will start this year, and then after he graduates, Ty Dotson will take over for a year, before he graduates. That means I may have to bring in a good kicker this year if I can.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

DE Marco Westfall continues the theme of not quite sucking so bad that he starts. First year senior. There will be a battle for the #2 spot with both Walt Fulton and Jimmy Mitchell sucking, but having just enough development to fight over it.

True junior ILB Geoff Campbell has some room to grow, and he looks ot be the best defensive player I’ve seen so far. After him, the rest of the inner Lbs blow, so there’s no chance of making this a 3-4 team.

I give a scholarship to freshman OLB Rickey Ursino who is better than all of the other OLBs in potential, so I want to keep him around. We’ll be starting true seniors Jake Hookfin and Quentin Fisher this year at OLB. Rickey can start for us next year, but I’ll need to import in more talent here, and soon.

Our most developed CB is true freshman Kenyon Kime with a 14/14 rating. Yuck. I red shirt very green true freshman Colin Denner. We’ll start Kenyon and true Junior Alonzo Mahoney, with a 0 in interceptions, but good zone defense (32/54)

Besides ILB, safety is the only position on defense I feel comfortable with this season. We have three solid safeties for this team - true sophomore and very developed Darrin Burton, second year senior and developed Jared Burton, and true senior Jeff Zabriskie, also very well developed with some potential still.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It’s obvious that I need QBx2, RB, TE, WR, C, OG, OT, K, DE, DT, ILB, OLBx2, CBx2, S

That’s more than I can make offers to, so I need to figure out some priorities and see what I can get.

I am lucky in that I expect to have at least two years, perhaps three, as the head coach of WV State before boosters and such start getting antsy. We have a five year hiatus as a team in the AMC before the rules of the division will begin to apply to us. No one knows what to expect, and everyone knows that our team looked good for Division II, but now that we have been double promoted, we have problems of talent. I am not a Championship caliber coach, but the school doesn’t have the money right now to bring one in, so I’ll get several years latitude, which will be very important in my success.

I hit up the recruiting trail to see what I can find. I need players that are close to WV, and better than what have. That last part shouldn’t be too hard.

Whoa, hello. Say hello to OT Edwin Buchanan, from Sissonville, just 12 miles away. Ed really wants to goto a team with nice prestige, and wants to stay near home, is scouted at 54, and idolizes West Virginia State! Let’s visit him! He is a little worse than my initial review had, and his grades and test scores are not that hot. But, getting someone like him in would be great.

I feel that I should also visit East Bank’s S Malcolm Theo, the 519th ranked player nationally, with poor grades, but who really, really wants to stay close to home. He’s a little worse that scouted 73-, and expects to be visited by a lot more recruits, and doesn’t like my DC.

With so many new schools in Virginia, I wonder what the recruiting there will be like. You already had Virginia Tech and UVA, and now you are adding Liberty, Radford and Richmond to the list. Pennsylvania also got two new schools in IUP and Duquesne. This is not going to be that easy. Still I take a look at the VA recruits.

I visit many recruits in WV, just to make sure I know my home battlefield. Then I visit a few VA recruits.

I then get on the phone and start dialing up some recruits I think might be good for us, from a bit farther away. I phone recruits from Kentucky, Tennessee, and a few on the west coast that have mentioned that they want to get away from home.

Now, I can only offer 8 campus visits. Let’s see who I like.

Here are those I like from my visits:

OLB Dean Coffey, 62+, VA
CB Luckman, KC 53++, WV
DT Marvin Cote, 52+, WV
TE Edwin Blaine, 43++, WV

Plus S Malcolm Theo and OT Edwin Buchanan

Let’s offer visits to these six. I also make visit offers to two more.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our Schedule:

Week 2 - at Connecticut
Week 4 - SAN JOSE STATE
Week 5 - at Miami of Ohio
Week 6 - at Liberty
Week 7 - RADFORD
Week 8 - at Richmond
Week 9 - at Shepherd
Week 10 - INDIANA U of P
Week 11 - at Auburn (23)
Week 12 - at Duquesne
Week 13 - FAIRMONT STATE

That’s just four games at home, and seven away. Our rival is Fairmont State

Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s move to week 2 and see what happens with our recruits.

As always, some players have been virtually poached from you, while others have not even been called. Time to make some more visits.

I visit players in Maryland, New Jersey, and a solid QB from Delaware.

Time to phone up some players. I call some QBs that have not been contacted yet by schools. I also phone up a few Wrs here and there. I make some campus visit offers to a S ranked 45++, that Delaware QB, a 61+ ILB from Maryland.

I make scholarship offers to several players. I make offers to DT, ILB, OLB, CB, S, OT, TE, RB and QB. Plus I make a shot in the dark offer to a CA WR.

We lose to Connecticut 19-22. A nice debut for the new division. AJ Montez had a 46 yard pick and score for us, and Joey McKenzie was the Game MVP with NINE key run blocks. Behind that, RB Stokes had 164 yards on 29 carries. QB Horner was 13 of 25 for 125 and 0:0.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 3 -

Edwin Buchanan is visiting us!

This week I want to try and work on our offense a bit in recruiting. We need an OG, C, RB, QBs, WR, even if Buchanan joins us.

I swing by the south to see if I can find a good set of guards to look at for visits. I find a 56+ guard from Florida no one has talked to, and make him a scholarship offer on the spot.

I visit some more recruits in the south, and find a few here and there to look at later, in case things fall through. I make an offer to a 62- C from Tennessee.

I phone up a few DE candidates. I decide to make a shot in the dark offer to one from NY. I also make a shot in the dark offer for a Kicker from Wisconsin.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 4 -

I swing by PA and find a 64++ QB that no one has made a scholarship offer to, so I do. I decide to unhide the Black recruits and I find a 77 ranked QB, I visit him and he’s 77++, and no one has even contacted him, with good grades. Well, I swing by, introduce myself, give him a scholarship offer, knowing that eventually some big name school is going to sweep in, but you never know.

I find a ton of untapped talent in PA, all 55+ level and above, and make a cornucopia of scholarship offers, even at double positions, and visit requests. Those five PA schools (Pitt, PSU, Temple, IUP and Duquesne) have not been tapping this talent.

I call up a ton of my people I made recruits too. Alright time for football.

We lost 14 - 27 to San Jose. Bubba Horner hit Parcells and Mathis for scores. He was 15 of 29, 248 yards, and 2:3 ratio. McGregor had 143 yards receiving on 5 catches. McKenzie had 6 more KRB, and Hookfin had a pick.

Not a bad day, all told. Not bad at all.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 -

This week is spent mainly making sure that our prospects know that we love them. Our OT that loves us has been given three scholarship offers this week.

I grab a look at some OLB and ILB candidates to strengthen my pool of knowledge, then I contact recruits.

We lose 34 to 3 to Miami of Ohio.

WR Kelvin Mathis is out for 17 weeks. He tore his triceps muscle.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 6 -

Edwin Buchanan is officially my first recruit as a head coach at West Virginia State!

Scratch off the OT need.

S Theo Malcolm is visiting us and no other schools yet, despite many scholarship offers. Nice!

I visit a couple of recruits I made flyers on earlier in the recruiting season, just to make sure they aren’t amazingly bad.

We lose bad. 7-49 vs. Liberty. Our only score was a pass to Parcells.

Week 7 -

We lost a TE recruit that I was no longer relying on to Radford. No new visitors

We crush Radford 33-14. My first Championship Division win! Geoff Campbell is Game Mvp with 3 sacks, one for a safety. Gino Lilly had a 9 yard rush for a score, Buddy Stokes had a 59 yard scamper for one, DJ Hostetler had a 23 yard one, and Galloway had a 28 yard pick and runback for a score. Stokes had 120 yards on 16 carries or the day. Kinney also had a pick. Mitchell with a pair of sacks, McKenzie with 5 KRB.

QB Bubba Horner is out for the season with a pulled hammy. DE Kelly Vance is also out with a back injury.

It’s going to be hard the rest of the way.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 8 -

Tons of recruits are visiting and I make a full slot of visits and phone calls just helping out my recruits.

We win against Richmond 20-10. Joey McKenzie is again MVP with 7 KRB. Stokes had 28 carries for 128 yards and a TD. Backup QB Corbett, a non-scholarship player, had 9 of 16, for 71 and 1:1 ratio. Bailey had the score. Kime and Montez added picks. Brady notched 6 KRB.

Week 9

Okay, some recruits have joined us, and one of them is monumental.

QB Lance Uremovic, a 77++, QB from PA has joined us, despite being a black level recruit, because NO ONE offered him a scholarship besides us.

S Theo Mitchell joins us. We also pulled in more black recruits no one made offers too, including a ILB, and OG.

We grabbed a OT, OG, S, ILB and QB and all are black or red level recruits, and most of those, simply didn‘t get offers from others.

We lose 7-24 against Shepherd.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 -

We got a lot of commitments this week. We brought in:

Another QB
TE
WR
DT
OLB
CB

That means, we have had offers of scholarships accepted by 11 folks. We still need:

K
RB
C
DE
OLB

We were turned down by a few as well. I actually visit a C recruit in Washington and make him an offer. I strengthen my knowledge of OLB and DE.

We lose 17 - 20 to IUP. Zabriskie had two picks, one of which was a 40 yard pick and return for a score. Corbett hit Glave for a score. Galloway also had a pick.

DT Jessie Webb is out with a broken foot.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 11 -

No new recruits join us, and we only lose one that was interested. We’ll see what happens next.

We lose to Auburn 80-10. I’ll skip the box scores.

Week 12 -

We lost two recruits

We lost to Duquesne 28-34. Corbett hit Glave twice for scores. Hostetler and Stokes had runs for scores.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 13 -

We brought in a DE and RB, but lost some others.

I spam a few lingering recruits at the C, K and OLB positions.

We lose 10-31 to Fairmont State. Shawn Galloway with a 31 yard pick and run back for a score.

Week 14 -

We bring in an OLB

Week 15 -

No news

Week 16 -

We bring in a K and C and have a full class of 16 players!

Old 01-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The West Virginia State University Recruiting Class of 2004:

QB Lance Uremovic, 77++, from Tamaqua, PA. 25th overall player in nation, 3rd best QB in nation, Top overall player in PA. 3.15 GPA and 1120 scores
QB Bart Montoya, 64++, from South Williamsport, PA. 627th Nation, 56th Best QB, 34th Best PA. 3.67 GPA, 1455 scores.
RB Artie Gaynord, 50-, East Hanover, NJ. 92nd best RB, 46th Best NJ, 3.43, 1337 scores
TE Billy Hutek, 61+, Newville, PA. 645th nation, 18th Best TE, 36th Best PA, 3.64 GPA, 1506 scores
WR Lionel Walton, 68?, Alameda, CA. 11th best WR in State. 3.75 GPA, 1263 score
C Darnell Aronovitch, 41++, Westwood, MA. 52nd Best C, 14th Best MA. 3.58 GPA, 1287 scores
OG Deion Barnard, 62+, Oil City, PA. 823rd Nation, 71st Best OG, 44th Best PA, 2.23 GPA, 808 scores.
OT Edwin Buchanan, 57-, Sissionville, WV. 16th Best WV. 2.33 GPA, 817 scores
K Morris Lyons, 69-., Algoma WI. 39th Best K, 32nd best WI. 3.38 GPA, 1238 score.
DE Daniel Beach, 58--, Manlius, NY. 782nd Nation, 91st Best DE, 48th in NY. 3.65 GPA, 1065 scores
DT Marvin Cote, 52+, Hambleton, WV. 58th Best DT, 12th Best WV. 3.28 GPA, 1003 scores
ILB Harold McWilliams, 100-, Atlantic City, NJ. 141st Nation, 10th Best ILB, 6th Best NJ. 3.75 GPA, 1432 scores
OLB Dean Coffey, 62+, Mechanicsville, VA. 801st Nation, 47th OLB, 23rd in VA. 2.83 GPA, 1197 score
OLB Wayne Shea, 67+, Holliston, MA. 65th by OLB, 16th in MA. 2.43 GPA, 998 score
CB Tracy Dunlap, 61-, Deptford, NJ. 94th Best CB, 45th Best NJ. 2.86 GPA, 1086 score
S Malcolm Theo, 73-, East Bank, WV. 519th Nation, 20th Best S, 7th Best WV. 2.67 GPA, 868 score

Old 01-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That is a really strong recruiting class for anyone, especially me! As you can see, I really raided PA for talent. I have local talent from WV and NJ with three players each.

Not bad at all!!!

This is the sort of recruiting that will keep your job warm and snuggly.

We finished 2-9 despite injuries to our QB that kept him out for a while.

Nebraska defeated Georgia 16-7 in the Championship Fiesta Bowl.

I vote for the RB from Utah with over 2000 rush yards and 22 Tds. He comes in third to QB from Texas Tech.

We finished the season ranked 119th out of 125.

DT Dwayne Lincoln, ILB Geoff Campbell, and S Jeff Zabriskie were 1st Team AMC players.
C George Thao, OG Cris Brady, OT Joey McKenzie were 2nd team AMC players.

We had a pretty good average GPA of 3.11 for our team, which is not bad at all.

We had some real problems with attendance and we will need to address that soon. Some teams had mammoth attendances, like Duquesne and Liberty and Shepherd, but others, like us, did not see much of a growth of fans attending the game.

Recruiting class is ranked 71st. I don’t get that.

Our prestige is 3rd worst in the nation, barely above Richmond and Radford.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:07 AM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our Performance:

Team Performance - 50
Academic Performance - 46
Recruiting Performance - 97
TV Revenue - 47
Alumni Donations - 2
Attendance - 0

Final Grade - 36

Old 01-14-2012, 03:04 AM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I lost a P and K from playing time. Crap.

I also lost several staff.

I cut prices on tickets for several sections.

I lost my OC, SC, and a few scouts. Time to hire some folks.

I hire Michael Covington as our new Syndicate Coordinator, with Terrible Donations, Pretty Good Investigations and Good Academic Eligibility.

I hire some new scouts, some to replace holes and some to fill in for bad scouts on my roster I inherited, such as my lousy New England scout.

Our new Off. Coordinator:

Lincoln Loiseau, 56

Yellow - Play Calling, Kickers, Congeniality
Red - RB, WR
Green - Inj Av, Rehab, QB
Dark Blue - O Line

Not bad at all.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:05 AM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Time for scheduling

Kent State and Air Force have been added to our schedule on a regular basis, so I am to schedule a couple more games. I start making calls.

Troy rejects an offer. So does Middle Tennessee State. I reject an away game offer from U Conn. Baylor rejects. Boise State with a laughable offer. Akron rejects.

LA-Lafayette rejects a away then home offer from us. Middle Tennessee State offers an away game, and we compromise with away this year, home next year.

Duke rejects us. La-Monroe rejects an away then home offer.

Temple accepts an away then home offer for week 15.

Our Schedule for 2005:

Week 1 - at Middle Tennessee State
Week 2 - KENT STATE
Week 5 - SHEPHERD
Week 6 - AIR FORCE
Week 7 - at Richmond
Week 8 - LIBERTY
Week 9 - at IUP
Week 10 - FAIRMONT STATE
Week 12 - RADFORD
Week 13 - at Duquesne
Week 15 - at Temple

6 at home, 5 away, nice and neat.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:24 AM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, let’s look at my freshmen:

QB Uremovic, 17/72 - Red Shirt
QB Montoya, 14/76 - Backup to starter, no red shirt this year.
RB Gaynord, 14/35 according to scout, but looks great according to skill assessment. - Red Shirt
TE Hutek, 26/80 - Red Shirt. Could start considering, but let’s give him some devo time along with the rest of my offense.
WR Walton 26/54 - Also red shirt, but looks nice.
C Aronovitch 17/68 - red shirt
OG Bernard - 27/89 - Red shirt, but I really want to start him….hrmmm…
OT Buchanan - 2/55 - Red shirt - mega-green
K Lyons - 12/79 - We’ll start because K left us
DE Beach - 16/62 - very green, red shirt
DT Cote - 11/37 - but stats looks better. Very green, red shirt
ILB Harold McWilliams - 17/100. Yes, a 100 rated player. He has 100 potential in EVERY stat. Red shirt.
OLB Dean Coffey - 27/76 - red shirt
OLB Wayne Shea - 16/64 - red shirt
CB Tracey Dunlap - 10/48 - red shirt, very green
S Thao - 22/59, looks a lot better in skills though, red shirt.

Now I’ve given a red shirt to everyone I want too. Is that enough? Can I get by with this? Let’s take a look at the roster.

I want to change my offensive formation to suit my great QBs. I no longer have to be Veer because of the expertise of my OC. In my opinion, the best options are single back, or pro. Do I want a FB on the field, or a third receiver? Let’s go with Singleback. It’s a little ballsy, but I like it.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:27 AM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Starters:

QB Bubba Horner, back from injury, fully developed, lost a step though, final year
RB Buddy Stokes, first year senior, not that great. Last year had 909 yards on the ground though
TE Billy Hutek - True freshman. After seeing how lousy my Tight Ends are, I feel that I have to play the freshman. He’s pretty good, with specialization in over the middle and 3rd down catching.
WR Lionel Walton - true freshman, also had to play him. High 60’s and low 70s on everything, so I have high expectations for his WV State career.
WR Wade McGregor - true junior, kinda sucky, but the next best thing.
WR Freddie Kurksa - second year senior, and lousy, but with amazing over the middle receiving. (100)
C George Thao - final year, solid
OG Everett Jarrard - final year, fully developed, but barely adequate
OG Cris Brady - true senior, also mostly developed, also barely adequate
OT Joey McKenzie - a great run blocker, poor pass blocker, final year
OT Randy Stone - A real weakness. Final year, sucky.
P Todd Barber - Sophomore with four years to give us. Green but can grow into the role.
K Morris Lyons - Very green. I was expecting the rookie to have a year of red shirt development, but nope.
DE Walt Fulton - final year, still needs development, okay
DE Marco Westfall - developed, final year, enhhh
DT Graham Bouman - junior, adequate pass defense, atrocious rush, not a good starter
DT Jessie Webb - True senior, still needs development, very poor current stats
ILB Geoff Campbell - Another true senior, fully developed, adequate.
OLB Dean Coffey - With Rickey Ursino’s bust, I can’t afford to keep this freshman on the sideline
OLB Erik Gilmore - Junior, very green needs severe development
CB Alonzo Mahoney - The best of my corners, but no good still. True senior, awful picks.
CB Tracey Dunlap - the next best guy is greener than Dunlap, so I might as well start Dunlap, the freshman.
S Darrin Burton - True Jr, completely developed. Solid.
S Malcolm Theo - Massively better, even now, than the other option, so I start him, even though I don’t want to

Old 01-14-2012, 03:44 AM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 -

Time to look at my roster. What do I want/need?

Another QB would be nice with Horner graduating this year. No need for RB or FB. I have plenty of each. We are losing a TE but our need is less. We need two receivers for our game. We are losing two Centers, and thus need one. We are losing three guards. I need at least one starter, and one backup. At least one OT. If I got a 2nd it’s wouldn’t be bad, I’m losing two. Ditto losing two DEs. I only have two DT on scholarship, and I’ve got to increase that number. I’m losing an ILB, and I’d like to have three on the roster. No need for a starter. No need for OLB. I need another corner. I’d like another starter caliber safety.

QB, TE?, WRx2, C, OGx2, OT, DEx2, DTx2, ILB, CB, S

That’s 15, and 16 if I can manage two OTs.

Let’s see what I can find. I know I’m not going to get the same results as last time, but I can still improve my roster easily with a solid class so let’s work it.

3 of the top 5 players in WV are WR this year. That’s ironic, since I need WR this year. 7 players idolize WV State. Any good ones? I visit an ok OT.

I visit the local Wrs and I’m not impressed. Gotta keep looking. I hit up the Virginia players that intrigue

me, and find a couple I like. I make some offers for campus visits to a C and CB.

I call some folks that are a longer distance away.

“Both Middle Tennessee State and West Virginia State College want to start their season out right. This battle of schools just two states apart first began last year with WV State’s entry into the big time. Can the Yellow Jackets emerge from Tennessee with a victory? Catch the game next, on TV5”

We lose 10-28. Stokes had an 8 yard run for a score.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:03 AM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 2 -

I hit up Pennsylvania earlier this time. What can I find? Any treasures? I find a good TE and make an offer on the spot. Temple is also horning in, but this guy wants academics twice, and we’re better than Temple in the major. Plus, we’re closer than Temple by 20 miles. I also make a scholarship offer to a S and an ILB. I make an offer to a 77- WR from WV that no one else has contacted in the first week.

Offers to C, CB, WR, TE, ILB and S in the first two weeks. Not too shabby. I call up some OG prospects form far away. I make a blind offer to one in Wisconsin with a good scout in the area and good grades. Now add OG to my offers.

We lose to Kent State 28-41. Lionel Walton, the freshman, caught a 61 yard pass for a score, and then a 8 yard td catch when Montoya the freshman is brought in after Horner dinged himself. Montoya hit Kerska twice for scores in the fourth quarter. Walton had 171 yards, Kerska 131.

QB Bubba Horner is out for 6 weeks. Rather than de-red shirt my other freshman, rookie QB Montoya will be starting much sooner than I thought.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 3 -

I swing by Maryland. I make an offer to another OG I find here, with a 61+ rating. I also find a nice DT and make an offer while in Maryland. I swing through Delaware and arrive in New Jersey. I find an OT I like in Jersey and make an offer.

Offers to: WR, TE<, C, OGx2, OTx2, S, CB, ILB, DT. Still need a few, so I make some calls.

I make an offer in the dark for a DE from Idaho and a WR from California.

That’s 13 scholarship offers. I still want a QB, DE and DT.

I look to see if any major players have been overlooked so far, like last year.

No one is falling through the cracks this year.

I find a good DE prospect in Illinois, call him up, no one has talked with him, he’s a black recruit (my scout has him at 82), but I feel I can’t pass up this opportunity so I offer him a scholarship.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 4 -

I start out again in New Jersey. I then move to NY. From there I hit up Connecticut for a couple of recruits before I run out of time.

Week 5 -

I have to make a decision. Do I start Montoya for a few games, then go back to Horner for the rest of the season? Or, do I pull a certain high profile QB off the red shirt and start him a year early. He will only have missed two games this year.

If I leave him on the red shirt list, then Montoya with starts, could easily be a more developed QB next year. Do I start the more developed Montoya, who has very good potential, or roll with the green guy who has more potential? I expected to red shirt Montoya next year and start Lance, and then have a backup I bring in this year, but with Montoya about to start, it may change things. Stick with the plan, or no?

Part of the reason I red shirted as many rookies as I did was so that they could all grow together, this years and next years freshman, all at once. If I start him soon, then he’s play for me this year, with bums, next year, with all rooks, and then developed rooks a bit, and finally just one year with a team that looks good. I’d like to give him two years with a team that looks good.

Yet, I can’t justify to Montoya why he is sitting around when he is a better QB at the moment next year. Better to start him now, even if it may waste a year of his collegiate career.

I pull Lance Uremovic off the bench and start him this week.

I have an OT visiting us. I take a trip to Ohio. I swing by Illinois to check up on a DE I made an offer too, and he’s worse than I thought, but I’ll keep the offer going for now. Now that I know I will not red shirt Uremovic, I can make an offer to a better QB, red shirt him, and then he is only a backup to Uremovic for two years and will have two years as a starter.

I swing by a QB from Michigan, and he’s alright.

We defeat Shepherd 21-14. ILB Geoff Campbell is Game MVP with 9 tackles and 3 sacks. Uremovic’s first game as a true freshman - 17 of 25, 169, 3:0. He hit McGregor, Boone and Stokes for scores. Nice statline frosh!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 6 -

I have an OG visiting us. He is also visiting South Carolina. He’s from NY, but he is not visiting Buffalo or Kent State, who have made him offers.

I punch up a ticket and fly to California to check out the QB I made an offer to, and he’s not as good as thought by a little. I check out my other QB options. I have another QB prospect in…Hawaii, and while I am on the left coast, I hop on over. Significantly worse, 80--. Ugh. No one else had made Hawaii Boy an offer, and I was hoping. Sigh. I’ll stick with CA boy for now.

Some WRs pulled out of contention, so I need to find some more. I grab my phone and start calling. I make an offer to an Arizona WR where my scout is excellent with WRs.

We crush Air Force 52-20. WR Lionel Walton is Game MVP with two TD grabs of 3 and 12 yards, and 91 yards on the day. My coach brought in some other Qbs for development, and I’ma need to tell them to knock that off, because Lance needs the development. Two picks by S Burton, and one 80 yard pick and run back by frosh Malcolm Theo.

We are now 2-2.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 7 -

I lose a DE to Northwestern.

I swing by Florida for a couple of visits. I make some other stops in the area. I find a good WR in Georgia that hadn’t been contacted by anyone, so I make him an offer.

We lose in Richmond 24-35. Uremovic hit Walton twice for scores of 14 and 17 yards. Stokes had 107 yards rushing. Walton grabbed 160 yards, and Uremovic 235 (no picks). It was 24-21 us at the beginning of the 4th quarter, but we just couldn’t score, or keep them from scoring.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 8 -

I lost an OG prospect. I have scads of players visiting this week.

Both of my QB prospects have been made tenth hour offers by major schools, so I call up Billy Quinn from South Carolina and make him an offer.

My top TE is only visiting us, and not the other schools that made him an offer. Good!

It looks like I am going to lose my guards, so I start looking for a back up now.

We defeat Liberty 27-24. Lionel Walton is GAME MVP with 8 cathces for 113 yards. Malcolm Thao had a 27 yard pick and run back for a score. S Burton had a 74 yard pick run back for a score. RB Chutz gota ground score. Montez added a pick.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 9 -

We pulled in: TE, WR, G, and QB.

We lost: CB, ILB, OT

This is what I needed at the beginning of the season:

QB, TE?, WRx2, C, OGx2, OT, DEx2, DTx2, ILB, CB, S

I head out to CA and check out a DE and make an offer, because my current DE looks to be heading elsewhere.

We lose on the road at IUP. 19-45. Hutek, my TE, caught a pass from Montoya, and no, I do not know why Montoya was playing. Strong had 6 KRB.

Week 10 -

TE Hutek is injured and out for 22 weeks. C George Thao is out for 4 weeks.

We signed: WR, OG, OT, OLB

We lost: DE, DT, ILB, S

I know I didn’t need Safety, but there was this great one no one was touching in PA, so I made him an offer just to see, and he came! He’s one of my better recruits too.

We lose to our rival 27-30. Stokes had 109 yards on 21 carries. Uremovic had 29 of 43, 296 and 2:0, plus 19 yards on the ground. McGregor scored on a WR Reverse. Uremovic hit Walton for 129 yards, a score, and 15 catches. McGregor caught 7 balls, and score and 92 yards. Kime with a pick.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 11 -

I pull in: C, CB, S

I lose: DE

I need another DE prospect. I fly out to Colorado, but he sucks, can’t bring him in. I hop to California and find an okay one and make an offer on the spot.

Week 12 -

We sign an ILB.

We crush Radford 34-16. WR Walton is Game MVP with 9, 134, and 1 score. Uremovic hit McGregor for another score. Stokes had 98 yards on 14 carries. Malcolm Thao with a pick.

Week 13 -

We bring in a DT.

My P is on academic probation, so I scout out and see if any good punters are left.

I find a 64+ Punter uncontested and make a scholarship offer.

We get crushed on the road and lose 20-45 to Duquesne. Uremovic hit Walton for two scores of 29 and 16 yards. Walton had 100 yards, Uremovic had three picks.

Week 14 - Nothing

Week 15 - We pull in a P and a DE

We win at Temple 23-14. Lance Uremovic is Game MVP with 24 of 34, 234 yards, 2:1 ratio. Walton 6 grabs, 100 yards, a 25 yard TD. WR Johnson had the other score. S Burton with a pick.

We finished the season at 5-6, and Lance was 5-4 as a starter. Not bad at all, all things considering.

Week 16 -

We pulled in that DE.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our Recruiting Class, 2005:

QB Melvin, Durham, 60-, San Diego, California. 697th Nation, 44th QB, 88th CA. 3.58 GPA, 1430 score
TE Albert Falvey, 68+, Cambridge Springs, PA. 58th TE, 58th PA. 3.18 GPA, 1018 score
WR Larry Harkin, 56?, Cave Creek AZ, 30th AZ. 4.0 GPA, 1317 score
WR Harvey Doyle, 55-. Santa Barbara, CA. 2.99 GPA, 1001 score
C Tyrus Holliday, 58+, Falls Church, VA. 75th C, 35th VA. 3.57, 1295 score
OG Levon Sinclair, 61+, Bohemia, NY. 751st Nation, 68th OG, 48th NY. 2.50 GPA, 1067 score
OG Marlon Glover, 63-. Woodland Hills, CA. 3.22 GPA, 1133 score
OT Floyd Gidley, 63+, Vineland, NJ. 810st Nation, 70th OT, 20th NJ. 3.51 GPA, 1394 score
P Max Streb, 64+, Chicago, Illinois. 45th P, 75th IL. 3.22 GPA, 1358 score
DE Luke Bishop, 49+, Tuscon, AZ. 34th AZ. 2.87 GPA, 1258 score
DE Heath Smallwood, 54+, Pittsburgh, PA. 70th PA. 3.09 GPA, 1040 score
DT Ryan Wimberley, 63+, Cambridge, MD. 877th Nation, 50th DT, 28th MD. 3.22 GPA, 1117 score.
ILB Freddie Escalate, 55+, Paterson, NJ. 59th NJ. 3.52 GPA, 1272 score
OLB Deon Forney, 67+, Argyle, NY. 659th Nation, 50th OLB, 42nd NY. 4.00 GPA, 1338 score
CB Roman Mayers, 57++, Portsmouth, VA. 833rd Nation, 64th CB, 22nd VA. 3.64 GPA, 1130 score
S Cornelius Fitzgerald, 49+, Brandywine, MD. 60th MD. 3.58 GPA, 1302 score

Old 01-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Obviously, not as good as last time. I had to settle for 2nd or 7th choices sometimes. I still brought in three black recruits - OT Gidley, OG Sinclair and OLB Deon Forney. Despite not needing an OLB, Forney may be my best recruit.

If I have to goto CA or AZ I will, but these were usually leftovers late, not targets early. Anyway, there is my 2nd class.

Liberty won the AMC with a 6-5 record . They went 6-1 in the conference.

Nebraska beats Florida State 24-17 in the Fiesta Bowl.

The Fresno State QB won Player of the year.

We have the 92nd class.

WR Lionel Walton won Top Offensive Freshman for the Division! He also got All Freshman team for Division.

AMC First team - WR Lionel Walton, ILB Geoff Campbell
AMC Second Team - OT Joey McKenzie, OLB Dean Coffey (true freshman). S Darrin Burton

We are losing 18 players, 15 of which had scholarships.

We finish ranked 86th.

Uremovic finished the season with 9 starts, 162 for 266, 1792 yards, 15:8.
Lionel Walton had 82 catches, 1197 yards, 11 TD. That’s actually really good.
Dean Coffey had 85 tackles, 34 assist, 2 sacks, 2 ForcedFumbles.

We had a GPA of just 2.94.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Score:

Team Performance: 72
Academic: 57
Recruiting: 97
TV Revenue: 72
Alumni Donations: 72
Attendance: 0

Avg: 60

Old 01-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I lost two scouts, two of my players are academically ineligible and one accepted money from a booster and is our for a while.

I hire a GL scout that I don’t like at all.

I hire an okay one for the Mid-Atlantic.

I massage my prices back again. My avg attendance last year was 4000 or so.

Our Prestige increased 5. It’s now better than 11 schools, instead of 2 like before.

He’s not too much of an improvement, but I jettison my defensive coordinator for:

Darryl Mularkey, 56

Yellow: Rehab
Green: Play Calling, LB, DB
Light Blue: D Line, Inj Av
Dark Blue: Congeniality

I have a full schedule already:

Old 01-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2006, WV State

Week 2 - MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE
Week 3 - at Kent State
Week 5 - LIBERTY
Week 6 - at Air Force
Week 7 - at Radford
Week 8 - INDIANA U of P
Week 10 - at Shepherd
Week 11 - DUQUESNE
Week 12 - at Richmond
Week 13 - FAIRMONT STATE
Week 14 - TEMPLE

6 at home, 5 on the road.

The Syndicate has assigned us a 12th game, due to needs. We have a Week 4 home game against Buffalo.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s look at the rook:

QB Durham - 17/41 - Red shirt.
TE Falvey - 15/62 - very green, red shirt
WR Harkin - 21/49 - Solid, startable
WR Doyle, 14/39 - too green, red shirt
C Tyrus Holliday - 3/50 - great potentials, red shirt.
OG Sinclair - 22/64 - Playable now
OG Glover - 10/49 - Here’s some crimson
OT Gidley - 5/45 - Tres verte
P Max Streb - 12/77 Since our P avoiding an F with a report card of D+, B-, D-, D-, and D-, Streb is red shirted
DE Bishop - 8/73 - Looks amazing if developed, right now needs serious development time
DE Smallwood - 9/41 - Just as green
DT Wimberley - 13/76 - Uber stats, uber time needed to develop
ILB Freddie Escalante - 9/76 - red shirt
OLB Deon Forney - 13/53 Solid, red shirted
CB Mayers - 11/71 - needs devo too
S Fitzgerald - 11/53 - Adequate.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Starters:

QB Lance Uremovic - Let’s see what you can do.
RB Artie Gaynord - Sophomore with some skills.
TE Billy Hutek - True sophomore already developed well.
WR Lionel Walton - True sophomore sensation!
WR Larry Harkin - True frosh starts. Poor Big Play, 3rd down and over the middle.
WR Wade McGregor - True senior getting another start because my other WR option of any real value is too green.
C Darnell Aronovitch - Sophomore, very good now, even better potential.
OG Deion Barnard - Here are his stats - 30/100 run block, 49/99 pas block, 100 endurance. Amazing!
OG Levon Sinclair - True frosh is pretty good right now for a freshman. Not great potentials though.
OT Edwin Buchanan - My first recruit ever, sophomore, Not great, not developed much, but decent
OT Floyd Gidley - Despite uber greeness, none of the other options have any value as well, so let’s start em.
P Todd Barber - Junior with horrible grades and adequate foot
K Morris Lyons - An uneven year last year, but much more developed as a true sophomore.
DE Daniel Beach - Enhhh
DE Luke Bishop - The fresh is starting here too, for the same reason as Gidley.
DT Marvin Cote - Could be good, sophomore
DT Ryan Wimberley - See Bishop, Gidley
ILB Harold McWilliams - The Era begins, for an amazing recruit. Sophomore
OLB Wayne Shea - Sophomore, developing, looking good
OLB Dean Coffey, true sophomore, developed a lot last year, average for my new guys
CB Tracy Dunlap - True sophomore, not a great season last year, very uneven growth
CB Roman Meyers - See Bishop, Gidley, Wimberley
S Darrin Burton - Final year as a senior
S Malcolm Thao - Very developed, looks great!

In just my third year, Only WR Wade McGregor, S Darrin Buton, P Todd Barber are not my draftees.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What do I need for my roster next year?

I’m only losing 10.

I need:

RB, FB backup, rarely used, TE, WR, OTx2, DE, DT, CB, S

That’s only 10, and I can offer 16 scholarships. Let me see what else I can use.

QB if a star, another RB, K, CB

That gives me 14 to look for. I can grab two more outside it that are just good, if I want. Total list:

Qb*, RB*, RB, FB, TE, WR, OTx2, K, DE, DT, CBx2, S

I’ll be looking at WR, OG, and such for perhaps another couple of players plus perhaps two safeties, another DT or DE, another OLB, etc. Whatever is out there.

A great starting QB could red shirt next year, and backup the fourth year of Lance, and then be ready to start as a junior with three years of starting.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

All of the 4 people who idolize me suck.

Most of the good WV players have academic problems, so I head to Virginia after only visiting three WV players.

This time, I find the areas of strong academics (like Kinesology at 80) and find the good recruits nearby that really want that major. For example, I found a 75+ DE from Massachusetts that wants Academics a bunch, double plus, and then Prestige. Here’s an Illinois OT with 59++ who wants Academics and then Location.

What about a 100-- Kicker from Virginia, who wants Trig (72 for us) and wants it bad, double plus. Then location? (I offer a scholarship)

Other majors we rock include - Compsci 63 (nah), Electrical Engineering (76), Genetics (83), Geography and Geology are in the low 60s, Medicine (67), Random Number Theory (68), Metallurgy (84)

Using this, I find a 57++ super Academics guy from Kentucky in medicine.

I have offers out to OT, DE and that K. Let’s phone up some peops, and then move on to next week.

I call a few top 100 Genetics folks who emphasize Academics, and one from Maryland who REALLY wants a good Genetics school.

I phone up a genius FB from Ohio and offer him a visit. I may not offer him a scholarship though, he’s not that good, in the 30s. I don’t expect to be playing my FB much, so I don’t need much.

I call about 6 Ots as well.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 2 -

I make offers to OTx2, S, RB. I then swing by New Jersey and visit a few recruits after visiting some I targeted.

I make an offer to a NJ ILB at 71+.

I then call a few DT.

Offers: RB, FB, OTx3, K, DEx2, ILB, S.

We crush Middle Tennessee State 35-6. Shawn Galloway is MVP with 86 yard pick and run back for a score. Gaynord - 26 carries, 107 yards, two scores in his debut. Chustz grabbed two spelling him. S Dunlap with a pick.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 3 -

OT Chris Younger is already visiting me.

I swing by a hot recruit in Vermont, still hot, so I offer the WR a scholarship. While out, I offer a scholarship to a smoldering RB in New Hampshire. I swing by other recruits I like in the region. A QB in NY, a K and S in RI, a TE in Massachusetts, etc. I make an offer to the TE.

Offers to RBx2, FB, TE, WR, OTx3, Kx2, DEx2, ILB, CB, Sx2.

I still want to find a good QB, WR, DT, and such. I make a desperation offer to a great DT who hasn’t had anyone come in and seal the deal yet. I make a long distance offer to a WR from Oklahoma who I like enough to shoot in the dark. That leaves me a QB to try to find with the phone. Let’s call to see who might want me.

I call up the Qbs in Tennessee, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. I can visit some of those next week.

I have some calls left so I call up some DT.

38-21 over Kent State. Game MVP was Lance Uremovic, with 15 of 28, 237 and 3:1 ratio, and two rushing Tds. He hit Harkin twice and Walton once. Kime and Dunlap with picks. McWilliams had 16 tackles and 4 assists.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 4 -

I visit a few Qbs. I make an offer to the Tennessee one. 100- rating.

Are there any Top 100 players uncontested? Yup. I call up an OT from Illinois. I offer him a scholarship, plus a great TE in NY that no one has offered one to yet.

I swing by Florida and find a decent CB and make him an offer, since my first shot seems to be getting some nice offers.

Offers to QB, RBx2, FB, TEx2, WRx2, OTx4, Kx2, DEx2, DTx2, ILB, CBx2, Sx2.

“Today on TV4, watch as the 1-0 Buffalo squad try to take their luck into West Virginia against a surprising 2-0 West Virginia State. State features Lance Uremovic, one of the top QB recruits from two years ago, and last year’s All League Top Offensive Freshman Lionel Walton. Can Buffalo stop the aerial attack of State? Find out, next, only on TV4”

We win 17-0. Luke Bishop is Game MVP with FOUR sacks. Uremovic hit Walton for a 49 yard score. Gaynord had a rushing TD on the ground.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 -

I hate week 5ish, 6ish. It’s before candidates start doing stuff, and before you see people start to accept offers, so movement by schools result.

All of my offers are out there, not much left, so I just cruise through a few states nearby. Almost everybody I saw in KY, OH, PA and WI was lousy.

We crush-ify Liberty 39-7. Uremovic the MVP with 32 of 47, 361 yards, 4:1. Montoya came in to spell him and tossed a TD too. Walton with 8 grabs, 123 yards, 2 scores. TE Hutek with 2 scores and 63 yards. Harkin with the last score. Picks by Thao and McWilliams. OLB Coffey with 2 FF.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 6 -

I lose a TE prospect

We win 10-3 on the road against Air Force. Game MVP is my ILB McWilliams with 10 tackles, 6 assist, 2.5 sacks, 1 FF. Uremovic scored a rushing TD from the one yard line for the game’s sole TD. Thao had a pick.

Week 7 -

Rejections from WR, OT, DE, DT

QB Jose Ogden is visiting us. I hit up the west coast to visit a few seniors to see them in action and up close.

We win at Radford 28-21. MVP Lance Uremovic, 26 of 38, 356, 2:0, 1 rush TD. Walton with 8 for 132 yards, and McGregor with 6 for 109. TD catches by Gaynord and Johnson. Gaynord has 21 carries, 107 yards. Chustz with a TD on the ground as well. Dunlap and McWilliams with picks. Bernard rocked 6 KRB.

WR Larry Harkin is out for a week or two with tonsillitis.