Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-11-2017, 09:31 PM   #801
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Does no one ever look into the obviously not locked room!?!?!? I even went back to change the post, trying to get someone to question it. But all that got questioned was the missing quotation mark.

Last edited by EagleFan : 05-11-2017 at 09:33 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:32 PM   #802
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I even added the "closed without a click" to the other write ups, hoping...
Old 05-11-2017, 09:32 PM   #803
bhlloy
Coordinator

So we had a wolf start a run on a wolf day 1, then both other wolves chose to openly defend said wolf in thread and vote elsewhere? Wow, I'd love to hear whether there was a plan behind that or not when they get into the thread.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #804
bhlloy
Coordinator

Also how did the BG death go down night 1? We speculated on the wording on that write up for a while
Old 05-11-2017, 09:36 PM   #805
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Yes, I read that he was duking it away from Abe, oh, but to the other wolf so it's all good.

I didn't feel good about Abe, but I was 90% on Autumn. Jackal's drawing a bullseye put the wolves in a really bad spot. I thought voting Abe was working too hard when there was a simpler answer in Autumn. I didn't belabor the point, though, knowing I had a duke...no need to draw Autumn's attention (and there was a chance later in the day that Autumn would get lynched anyway, so my order was conditional). Autumn had to die. Sorry, Autumn.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:37 PM   #806
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Ok so I haven't read anything except these last few finale posts since I left work at 4 today... I had made that comment about how I'm likely the night kill because I assumed I would be the night kill, and I was hoping that by saying that out loud like that the remaining wolf would avoid me in order to make me look guilty for spouting something like that and thus I would get to live longer and hopefully make it to the end for my win...

Sooooo... how did that all go down in-thread? Of course, I will go back and read when I have a chance.

You were already my top choice for NK at the time. Again, I was Burns hunting. The Wolves were so far behind, that i knew the only way to win was to shut down Burns as fast as possible, and given my heat level earlier in the game, I was a likely Burns target. So I was trying to find Burns while also taking out a helpful villager. If I was wrong and you weren;t the Seer or Crazy Gun Nut, then at least we'll take out someone that is pro-village and in teh Cot.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:38 PM   #807
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Also how did the BG death go down night 1? We speculated on the wording on that write up for a while

Larry seduced while Abe killed.

When I saw those orders I thought the wolves were going to win this one. Two villagers did have PM rights (1 time a day) and it was mau and Julio, but with Julio gone night one it ended that advantage.

Ironically Jackal gets "outed" for speculating about village PM's and there were players in the village with PM rights.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #808
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So we had a wolf start a run on a wolf day 1, then both other wolves chose to openly defend said wolf in thread and vote elsewhere? Wow, I'd love to hear whether there was a plan behind that or not when they get into the thread.

I thought Autumn was going to be on TJ all day, and I pulled awy and kept on fontisian, which was consistent with my D0 behavior. And I was trying to get votes so I could Klink it up, I made a few "mistakes" early (like my poor vote that didn;t count Day 0) that I thought I could defend in order to get enough heat to Klink up some votes.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #809
britrock88
Pro Starter

Super quiet in the thread, Telle. Just some bully blubbering his way to the gallows before you delivered the victory overnight.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:43 PM   #810
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

That day one fiasco with the votes was also one of those things that set a bunch of gears in motion.

If not for that, a wolf wouldn't have been lynched, which wouldn't have led to the brutal of Chief but would have led to Chief being the night kill but it also would have kept the BG around as Julio was the conditional.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #811
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I thought Autumn was going to be on TJ all day, and I pulled awy and kept on fontisian, which was consistent with my D0 behavior. And I was trying to get votes so I could Klink it up, I made a few "mistakes" early (like my poor vote that didn;t count Day 0) that I thought I could defend in order to get enough heat to Klink up some votes.

Was there a plan for Autumn to start heat on Jackal though to build trust though?

Interesting about Klink. I will say that's a smart pick and Font's play to neutralize the ability makes a ton of sense to me now.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #812
britrock88
Pro Starter

God, I've got to stop tunneling on Font. Sorry, Font.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:45 PM   #813
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Was there a plan for Autumn to start heat on Jackal though to build trust though?

Interesting about Klink. I will say that's a smart pick and Font's play to neutralize the ability makes a ton of sense to me now.

font outsmarted me on that one. I didn't foresee that play, thought giving Klink that power was a pretty cool power.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:46 PM   #814
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
I even added the "closed without a click" to the other write ups, hoping...

Still not sure what you're getting at here.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:47 PM   #815
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Larry seduced while Abe killed.

When I saw those orders I thought the wolves were going to win this one. Two villagers did have PM rights (1 time a day) and it was mau and Julio, but with Julio gone night one it ended that advantage.

Ironically Jackal gets "outed" for speculating about village PM's and there were players in the village with PM rights.

So Larry seduced Julio, and then Julio was the conditional kill after CR got brutaled? Did the wolves know that Julio was the BG or was that a lucky pick?
Old 05-11-2017, 09:47 PM   #816
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

For potential future plans. How did the everyone has potential powers and drafting of teams play out for everyone. Is it a yay or a nay for future?
Old 05-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #817
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
font outsmarted me on that one. I didn't foresee that play, thought giving Klink that power was a pretty cool power.

Yeah, if you could figure out a way to not make it open to a smart player neutralizing it, it's a great addition to the game
Old 05-11-2017, 09:50 PM   #818
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
For potential future plans. How did the everyone has potential powers and drafting of teams play out for everyone. Is it a yay or a nay for future?

I liked it. I think the village (and obviously neutral) had a couple people play out of their skins and also get pretty damn lucky at times that made it a short game but I think it has a ton of potential.

I might bite the bullet next time and go with more teams which would be chaos, ideally we'd have had a few more players to do that though.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:50 PM   #819
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Still not sure what you're getting at here.

The room, was hoping someone would ask about the room and if they could try to go into it to look around.

It would have opened up a couple other options (also a third team option if done early) and that person would have discovered that the Sanitarium was having patients kill other patients so they could profit off the life insurance which was signed over to them. Even that there was a contract with the lead wolf (who, if he survived, would have learned that he could earn even more by taking out his team, but of course he is lynched day one...).
Old 05-11-2017, 10:03 PM   #820
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

That last day was confusing. It seemed like Abe was revealing without revealing he was the seer and font and he were confirming some other type of interaction. So it seemed like I didn't have to consider too many different people.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:10 PM   #821
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
It was a great duke move from where I'm sitting. Nicely done! One of my top five Dukes I've seen!

Pretty funny in retrospect.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:11 PM   #822
Telle
College Starter

I think I mostly just got lucky. Catching the vote miscount seemed to convince everyone I must be a villager... but I really do hope that if I had been a wolf I would have brought it up anyways and not relied on the miscount to try to help me win.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #823
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
The room, was hoping someone would ask about the room and if they could try to go into it to look around.

It would have opened up a couple other options (also a third team option if done early) and that person would have discovered that the Sanitarium was having patients kill other patients so they could profit off the life insurance which was signed over to them. Even that there was a contract with the lead wolf (who, if he survived, would have learned that he could earn even more by taking out his team, but of course he is lynched day one...).

Wow!
Old 05-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #824
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

Old 05-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #825
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for running the game EF and recruiting people for it. I had fun. It would've been good had we availed ourselves of more of the possibilities that you left for us. And if I could've used my role ability.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #826
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

Interesting. I thought it was either just all flavor, or a story line you were going to be guiding us through. I didn't realize we could choose to actively do anything with the story you were presenting.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:58 PM   #827
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the game EF., definitely add me for future games.

I'm more easily contacted on Facebook or phone. Text me. E.f has my.phone number now

Last edited by mauchow : 05-11-2017 at 11:00 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:27 AM   #828
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
That last day was confusing. It seemed like Abe was revealing without revealing he was the seer and font and he were confirming some other type of interaction. So it seemed like I didn't have to consider too many different people.
Oh, no, Abe claimed Klink to me at the beginning of the Day.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:45 AM   #829
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I was fairly certain Autumn was a wolf after the mauchow vote switch on day one, glad someone else had the same thoughts. Didn't know who to pick after that between Abe and JAG, but thought it was one of those two. Might be the first game where I kind of had an idea what the hell was going on, haha.

As tradition requires, got killed quick though.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:46 AM   #830
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Thought it was a good game though, the intrigue was high. I've got to get better at masking my allegiances.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:05 AM   #831
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post

That explains your apology and +EV comment. Oops.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:31 AM   #832
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:

Not sure about the draft, but the potential powers and the uncertainty of powers - the seer had unreliable reads and they could possibly be corrupted, I could have told people on D0 I was Vinton Harper and they would have no idea what that meant - really threw a firecracker into analysis. I liked it, but I'm one who like extra flavor like items.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:34 AM   #833
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Just FYI, for more insight into EF's funky mechanics, I had the possibility of triggering a secondary ability after using the duke power. Not sure what the odds were, it didn't trigger, but it made for some anticipation on my part.

In fact, I was determined to use my duke ability on D1 or D2 if I had even a better than average read on someone just to possibly trigger my secondary ability ASAP. Turns out I would have used it on Autumn in any case.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:37 AM   #834
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent
It was a great duke move from where I'm sitting. Nicely done! One of my top five Dukes I've seen!
Quote:

Hey! Do not diminish the brilliance of my powers.

Seriously, it is funny in retrospect.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:39 AM   #835
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:

That sounds like a D&D type action. Can you submit those in a WW game as a night action? If so, I wasn't aware that you could.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:42 AM   #836
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

re: my vote switch to font on the final day...

I thought that would lure bhlloy over to a font vote, assuming font would stay on brit or even switch to a wasted vote on me (brit would still get lynched), separating the two. I wasn't worried about font but wanted a better read on bhlloy.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:49 AM   #837
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
I liked it. I think the village (and obviously neutral) had a couple people play out of their skins and also get pretty damn lucky at times that made it a short game but I think it has a ton of potential.

I might bite the bullet next time and go with more teams which would be chaos, ideally we'd have had a few more players to do that though.

It's hard to fully judge the mechanics when Jackal put the wolves in a bind. I'm still not certain if that was a true accident as it doesn't seem to be the kind Jackal would make, but I can't guess at a strategy where a wolf claims an ability (PM in this case) that the entire village knows we don't have (though it turns out two of us did) Were the wolves told that some of the townies could PM? Jackal's claim would make a LOT more sense if that was the case.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:53 AM   #838
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

And, yes, thank you EF for the good game in a long while!!
Old 05-12-2017, 07:57 AM   #839
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
It's hard to fully judge the mechanics when Jackal put the wolves in a bind. I'm still not certain if that was a true accident as it doesn't seem to be the kind Jackal would make, but I can't guess at a strategy where a wolf claims an ability (PM in this case) that the entire village knows we don't have (though it turns out two of us did) Were the wolves told that some of the townies could PM? Jackal's claim would make a LOT more sense if that was the case.

Great game, village. There was no plan to bus Jackal from the start. But when I read that post in-game I felt certain someone was going to notice it. I decided to get out in front and start it, hoping that would give me cred down the line. I also felt like if I started it early enough, we might move on elsewhere by deadline. Obviously my switch off Jackal didn't work out in the end, but I hoped I would get enough credit for starting the run on him to get over that hump. I also at the time of the switch thought there was a good chance we'd vote elsewhere, and given how the deadline ended I was pretty close to being right.

Funny that my attempt to throw a wolf under the bus D1 backfired and got me killed, but that Abe in turn got total villager cred. Looks like the village would have had a few more mislynches before they got to Abe, if not for night actions.

We just got lucky with our hits on D1 and N1, I think, good guesses. Abe knew Font's role but that was all the info we had.

We didn't really have our shit together as wolves, and I screwed up the N2 orders not seeing the duking coming, though I should have. But it strangely worked in our favor.

Great game guys, and I hope it starts a mini-revival. Thanks EF for making this happen.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:01 AM   #840
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
That sounds like a D&D type action. Can you submit those in a WW game as a night action? If so, I wasn't aware that you could.

Not normally, but EF, among others, like to reinvent the WW genre. I wondered at the time if he was going to allow us to interact, but then I got distracted and forgot about it. Bummer.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:02 AM   #841
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post

Abe had planned out that reveal as soon as he got Font's role, and it worked out perfectly the way he did it. Huge props to Abe, he might have lasted a while despite my blunders.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:04 AM   #842
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, if you could figure out a way to not make it open to a smart player neutralizing it, it's a great addition to the game

Simply not having the power spelled out for everyone would neutralize that play, if we had not known the mechanic for Klink learning roles.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:06 AM   #843
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Super quiet in the thread, Telle. Just some bully blubbering his way to the gallows before you delivered the victory overnight.

Watching the village turn on you was one of those reminders of how crazy this game is. I thought we were absolutely done as Abe was a big target also on D2. And I honestly thought you were the clearest villager based on posts. But I guess the fact that I had said that often in thread was part of your downfall. A good reminder to sometimes let the village do the work for you and that the game is never over.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:17 AM   #844
The Jackal
Coordinator

I probably should have spent more time thinking about the roles (the anti-Klink movement didn't occur to me), but was pretty happy with the players I drafted, anyhow. I was genuinely speculating with the villager PM post, but that was foolish in retrospect. I'm rusty, we need more!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #845
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

Funny that my attempt to throw a wolf under the bus D1 backfired and got me killed, but that Abe in turn got total villager cred. Looks like the village would have had a few more mislynches before they got to Abe, if not for night actions.

I know I had Abe way down my list.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:32 AM   #846
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

My scan on abe last night came back wolf (or wolfy) and I would have night killed him the next Night or came out and said something point blank.

Last edited by mauchow : 05-12-2017 at 11:32 AM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:37 AM   #847
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
My scan on abe last night came back wolf (or wolfy) and I would have night killed him the next Night or came out and said something point blank.

NK would've been out for you as I absorbed your power last night (figuring if the game went on, Abe was sure to be killed as seer).
Old 05-12-2017, 05:45 PM   #848
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who just got a campus invite as a finalist for a job at Winston-Salem State? this guy!

Old 05-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #849
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Good luck!
Old 05-13-2017, 05:03 AM   #850
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Been a busy week since I got brutaled, so I didn't get to catch up until now. Lo and behond, game is already over!

Way to go, village. What an amazing turn of events, especially the final kill.

And, really, font? My body wasn't even cold yet!

Thanks for a fun game, EF!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote