Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

FOOL 2037 Playoffs

There are rumblings in Tokyo that top prospect Jeremy Aitken might make his major league debut this postseason, no word on whether it will be out of the bullpen or in the rotation. We'll find out soon enough.

If my fishing endeavor is any indication of how things will go tonight I'd say I'll get swept. We managed to pull in 4 shrimp. Yes, only 4.

I did manage to catch a shark, which sounds cool, but I had to get the damn thing off the hook, which isn't cool. I do not fish, and come to find out the guy I went with doesn't fish much either.

Montreal_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Oh. Good luck everyone.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

At least it makes for a cool picture! Good luck to everyone!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yikes

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sim time! Getting exports now.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I thought about elevating some players, but decided to stick with the team that got me here.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #7
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I thought about elevating some players, but decided to stick with the team that got me here.

I went ahead and put Aitken in the rotation.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

2037 Playoffs:

Boston Settlers (91-71) vs Tokyo Cyclones (92-70)

Hammersmith Hooligans (96-66) vs Chico Rebels (103-59)

Old 09-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #9
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Blowey will be starting for me at SS instead of Luporini. I also called up a reliever to help my bullpen. I can't remember his name though...
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS game 1:

Jorge Fonseca pitches for Boston vs Norio Takeuchi for Tokyo

Boston starts off the 1st on the right foot as Adachi hits a RBI single followed by a RBI double from Jose Villa to put Boston up 2-0. Meanwhile Fonseca is on fire. He retires the first 6 batters in order before making a mistake to Michael Kelly, giving up a triple for the Cyclones first hit of the game. Glen Castle follows with a sacrifice fly to knock him in and cut the lead to 2-1.

That was the only mistake that Fonseca will make however, after he gets out of the third inning, he mows down the next 15 in a row and takes a 3-1 lead into the bottom of the 9th. 85 year old Mike Hensley comes in the 9th , taking down Serrano, O'Hagerty and Roy 1-2-3 to close down the game.

Fonseca gives up just 1 run on 1 hit in 8 innings as he pitches a masterful game 1 for Boston.

Boston 3, Tokyo 1

Old 09-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #11
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Good luck to everyone!!!! (But especially the CL teams)

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #12
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't expect to beat Chico, with how good they are home.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS game 1:

Mario Gonzalez pitches for Hammersmith vs Armando Sanchez for Chico

Walt Shaw leads off the game by crushing a 448 foot solo home run on the second pitch from Cesar Roman, a surprise late entry into the Chico rotation as Sanchez was scratched. Word was he was too exhausted to pitch. A second run in the 1st inning for Hammersmith comes off of the bat of Carl Gosse in the form of a RBI single that makes the score 2-0.

Chico responds in the bottom of the inning on solo home runs from Santos and Le that ties it up 2-2 after 1 inning. Hammersmith takes the lead again in the third on a sacrifice fly from Gosse but then they lose it in the 4th inning as Gonzalez melts down. Gonzalez gives up 4 hits, a walk, a hit batter and even a passed ball by the catcher doesn't help things. Chico takes a 6-3 lead after 4 innings.

Shaw bangs out a sacrifice fly in the 6th to help Hammersmith pull within two, but that remains the score entering the 9th innig. Genge comes in to try to close out the game for Chico, but he is not as crisp as the Rebels hoped for. Williams gets a lead off single on an infield hit and Higashi follows with a RBI triple to bring the Hooligans within one.

Silva and Gallo both ground out for a quick two outs, but Gosse steps up with the tying run at third base now. The next pitch.. gets away from the catcher, a passed ball! Higashi scores and we are tired up 6-6!

Gosse ends up taking a walk, but a new pitcher comes in, Morales who forces Toro to ground out and end the top of the 9th tied 6-6.

Chico goes down 1-2-3 in the bottom of the 9th and we head to extra innings. Hammersmith has two straight hitters hit by a pitch in the 10th inning, but can't get any other kind of hit and leave both stranded. Chico goes down 1-2-3 and off to the 11th inning we go.

In the top of the 11th, Hammersmith goes down 1-2-3 to Morales and then bring in Ron Gunter to pitch the bottom of the 11th.

Gunter gives up a lead off single to Mendoza, then hits Blowey with a pitch to put two on. The ever-dangerous Ramon Santos takes advantage of the mistakes, poking a short single into center field. Mendoza rounds third and heads home.... scoring easily without a throw.. Chico wins in 11 innings!

Chico 7, Hammersmith 6 (11 innings)

Old 09-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #14
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Shoot, tough loss.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS game 2:

Marcos Rodriguez pitches for Boston vs Ivan Davila for Tokyo

Tokyo gets more hits in the first inning than they did in the entire game 1. With a RBI single from Munoz and a Neil Rush sacrifice fly, the Cyclones score 2 runs on 3 hits and lead 2-0 after 1. Juteau knocks home another in the second with a RBI single and then two more score in the 4th on sacrifice flies from Roy and Juteau.

That is going to be all that Tokyo needs as Davila pitches 5 innings, giving up 0 earned runs on 4 hits and Juteau hits 3 for 4 with 2 RBI.

Tokyo 5, Boston 3

The CLCS is tied 1 game a piece.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

If I can eek out a win in Game Two, I'll feel pretty good about things, with Betancourt and Gu going after that.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #17
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Not sure how my rotation got so messed up. I guess it doesn't matter though.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #18
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckinbranco View Post
Not sure how my rotation got so messed up. I guess it doesn't matter though.

Sanchez was too tired. According to my game, he pitched the last game of the season, and the playoffs start two days after the end of the season.

I have messed up with that before myself. It's why Betancourt is going Game Three instead of Game One (he pitched the second to last game of the season).

Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #19
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

I see. Good old user error. I can't remember who's going game two. Hopefully someone good
Old 09-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #20
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS game 2:

Larry Anderson pitches for Hammersmith vs Kuei-lin Hsi for Chico

Both teams trade a run a piece in the first inning to keep it tied up 1-1 into the third inning. The Hooligans tee off in the third against Chico with three doubles and a single for 3 runs and Hammersmith takes a 4-1 lead. Antonio Toro chips in with a 2-run Home run in the 6th to give the Hooligans a commanding 6-1 lead and things look dim for Chico.

The Rebels have proven that they can score runs in bunches and are unfazed by a 5 run deficit. In the bottom of the 6th, Tex Jones hits a Solo Home Run and Dawson later scores on a ground out to bring them within 3.

In the 7th, Mendoza hits a RBI double and Santos with a 2-run Home RUn and just like that we are tied up once again 6-6! That remains the score all the way through the 9th and for the second straight day we are headed into extra innings.

Hammersmith gets a single in the top of the 10th but nothing else. Chico gets a walk in the bottom of the 10th but can't capitalize on it.

In the 11th Hammersmith gets a single from Sparks and Shaw. Sparks steals third base followed by a walk to Higashi. With the bases loaded however Silva strikes out for out #3 and the Hooligans miss out on a huge chance to score, still tied 6-6 after 10 1/2 innings.

The Rebels can't make them pay however in the bottom of the 11th. Mendoza is hit by a pitch, but the other three go down without another runner and we head into the 12th inning.

In the 12th, Hammersmith goes down 1-2-3, while Chico gets a lead off double to Tex Jones and Le draws and intentional walk, but a double play from Carlos Pena ends that threat before it begins.

Hammersmith goes down in order once again in the 13th while the Rebels once again get a lead off hit only to watch a double play, this time from Mendoza end their inning.

In the 14th, Hammersmith this time is the one to get a single from Higashi only to watch a Silva double play end their inning. The Rebels meanwhile get a lead off single in the bottom of the 14th from the rookie Blowey. He is pinch ran for by Robert Burns. Santos strikes out looking for out #1 but then Tex Jones doubles to put runners at second and third with only one out and Frank Dawson coming to the plate.

The Hooligans, perhaps wisely, decide to intentionally walk Dawson to load the bases but provide a force out situation. Fa-tang Le now steps up to bat with the bases loaded to face off against reliever Ron Gunter...

Le works the count full.. the 3-2 pitch...... Le does not swing.. what is the call? The ump points to first, "take your base". It is a bases loaded walk! The winning run comes in from third and that is the ball game!

Chico 7, Hammersmith 6 (14 innings)

Chico leads the series 2 games to 0.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #21
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Oh man, 2 heartbreakers in row.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #22
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Damn, this is just a killer way to lose games.

Typical of my teams, though. So many trips to the playoffs. So many chokes once there. Look at me, I'm the Braves!

Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #23
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Nice! Gotta love the patience at the plate from Le. Really good series so far.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #24
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Quote:
Damn, this is just a killer way to lose games.

Typical of my teams, though. So many trips to the playoffs. So many chokes once there. Look at me, I'm the Braves!

Don't get too down Chief. The playoffs are pretty much a crap shoot, and we all know that a series doesn't really start until someone loses at home.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #25
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

I'm interested to see how my game three starter, Pablo Zavala, fares against Betencourt. It should be a good test for my best young pitcher.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #26
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckinbranco View Post
Don't get too down Chief. The playoffs are pretty much a crap shoot, and we all know that a series doesn't really start until someone loses at home.

Sorry, buck, you're talking to the all time postseason loser here. It's easy to stay positive the first time or two. But the incredible ineptitude of my teams in October is the stuff of legend by now.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #27
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS game 3:

Jeremy 'Bruiser' Aitken had an unbelievable season this year, going 15-2 with a 1.76 ERA .... in double-A. Tokyo management decide it is time to throw the 20 year old rookie into the fire as he pitches game 3 for the Cylones vs 16 game winner Rick Klassen for Boston.

Canales gives Aitken the early lead with a RBI single in the top of the first and a 1-0 score. In the bottom of the inning however the Settlers come back. Jorge Hernandez leads off the bottom mof the first by striking out swinging but still making it to first when the catcher loses the pitch. A Wild Pitch allows Hernandez to make it to second, and then he gets to third on a ground out. A second ground out from Heredia allows him to score and tie us up 1-1. Adachi later hits a RBI single to put Boston up 2-1 after 1 inning.

Another run on an Edwards RBI single in the 4th gives the Settlers a 3-1 lead, but Tokyo does not abandon their young phenom pitcher. In the 5th inning, Roy hits a RBI single followed by a Canales 3-run Home Run. O'Leary later hits a RBI double and gives Tokyo 5 runs in the 5th inning for a 6-3 lead!

Aitken settles down his nerves and holds on from there, he ends up pitching 9 innings, striking out 5 and gives up only those three runs on 8 hits. Meanwhile Tokyo scores 5 additional runs and cruise to the victory.

Canales goes 2 for 5 with a HR and 4 RBI on the day for the Cyclones while Rush hits 2 for 4 with a HR, 2 RBI and 3 Runs scored for the win.

Tokyo 11, Boston 3

Tokyo leads the series 2 games to 1.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #28
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Look at me, I'm the Braves!

Ouch.. you know how to hurt me.

In a fluke incident in game 3, Betancourt breaks his arm and will never pitch again! What a tragedy!

Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #29
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

In a fluke incident in game 3, Betancourt breaks his arm and will never pitch again! What a tragedy!

lol...should I have said Bills?

Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #30
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Quote:

Haha.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #31
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS game 3:

Gabriel Montoya pitches for Chico vs Vicente Betancourt for Hammersmith

Higashi hits a solo home run in the first and Shaw with a solo Home run in the third gives Betancourt a 2-0 lead, which is really all that he needs.

Betancourt shows why some list him as perhaps the best pitcher in baseball this season as he goes 8 innings, striking out 11 and giving up just 1 earned run on three hits for the win.

Chico gets a lonely run in the sixth inning on a Solo home run from the rookie Pat Blowey but it is not enough and Hammersmith wins their first game at home.

Hammersmith 3, Chico 1

Chico leads the series 2 games to 1.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #32
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Way to go Bruiser!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #33
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

There you go Hooligans!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #34
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh, heh, it's Basher. Close enough, though. And thanks.

Now I need Gu to work his magic, too.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #35
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Heh, heh, it's Basher. Close enough, though. And thanks.

Now I need Gu to work his magic, too.

My guy is Bruiser, yours is Basher.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #36
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 4:

Takeuchi pitches for Tokyo (0-1 3.24 ERA this postseason) vs Sergio Calderon for Boston

Tokyo scores 4 runs in the 2nd, but Boston comes back by scoring 2 in the bottom of the inning followed by one each in the third and fourth innings to tie it up 4-4.

In the 6th, Tokyo jumps out to the lead once again with 2 more runs, but Boston comes back again with 4 more runs in the bottom of the inning to take a 8-6 lead. With insurance runs in the 7th and 8th innings, Boston wins by a field goal.

Tokyo gets Home Runs from Juteau, Rush and Munoz, but it is not enough as the Settlers score 10 runs on 17 hits.

Boston 10, Tokyo 7

The CLCS is tied up 2 games a piece!

Old 09-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #37
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal_GM View Post

Great, we've started a FOOL fight club.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #38
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Anyone ever realize that Gu's name sounds like something you order at Benihana's?

"Hey, could I please have the po-fu gu? With extra teriyaki? Thanks."

Old 09-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #39
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
CLCS Game 4:

Takeuchi pitches for Tokyo (0-1 3.24 ERA this postseason) vs Sergio Calderon for Boston

Tokyo scores 4 runs in the 2nd, but Boston comes back by scoring 2 in the bottom of the inning followed by one each in the third and fourth innings to tie it up 4-4.

In the 6th, Tokyo jumps out to the lead once again with 2 more runs, but Boston comes back again with 4 more runs in the bottom of the inning to take a 8-6 lead. With insurance runs in the 7th and 8th innings, Boston wins by a field goal.

Tokyo gets Home Runs from Juteau, Rush and Munoz, but it is not enough as the Settlers score 10 runs on 17 hits.

Boston 10, Tokyo 7

The CLCS is tied up 2 games a piece!

C'mon Norio! You're Japanese, show some pride!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #40
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Haha, just realized that.

Can't wait until my next great pitching prospect (Sanchez) arrives, because his nickname is Doom.

So I'll have Basher and Doom at the top of my rotation.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #41
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Quote:
RLCS game 3:

Gabriel Montoya pitches for Chico vs Vicente Betancourt for Hammersmith

Higashi hits a solo home run in the first and Shaw with a solo Home run in the third gives Betancourt a 2-0 lead, which is really all that he needs.

Betancourt shows why some list him as perhaps the best pitcher in baseball this season as he goes 8 innings, striking out 11 and giving up just 1 earned run on three hits for the win.

Chico gets a lonely run in the sixth inning on a Solo home run from the rookie Pat Blowey but it is not enough and Hammersmith wins their first game at home.

Hammersmith 3, Chico 1

Chico leads the series 2 games to 1.

Looks like Zavala did well, but just too much Betancourt. I wonder how Blowey is doing in these playoffs.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #42
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS game 4:

Pablo Zavala pitches for Chico vs Po fu Gu Shrimp for Hammersmith

Santos hits a Sacrifice fly in the third for Chico, but Jeffery Williams responds with a sacrifice fly of his own in the bottom of the inning to tie things up 1-1.

In the 6th, the Rebels break things open on a RBI double from Le followed by a Pena 2-run Home Run to give them a 4-1 lead. Solo home runs from Blowey and Dawson in the 7th gives Chico a run away and Hammersmith can't come back. Hammersmith gets just as many hits as Chico with 11, but Chico makes the most out of their opportunities.

Chico 9, Hammersmith 2

Chico leads the series 3 games to 1.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #43
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anyone ever realize that Gu's name sounds like something you order at Benihana's?

Oh way to steal my humor before I get my write up done. That is two strikes against you tonight!

Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #44
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Actually Montoya went for you there. Looks like Zavala for Game 4.

I know that issue at the start can sometimes throw off your whole rotation.

I may need a Game 7 to win this one, as that's when I have Basher scheduled again.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #45
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ouch, back against the wall now.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #46
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Similar comments back in 2030 during his first season in the rotation.

Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - FOOL 2030 Regular Season Thread
Old 09-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #47
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh way to steal my humor before I get my write up done. That is two strikes against you tonight!

Dean, can't we just share the stage?

Old 09-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #48
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - FOOL 2030 Regular Season Thread

Whoops. Go to 2030 thread and start with post 67.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #49
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Another home run from Blowey and we steal a game across the Atlantic, I like it!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #50
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The gift that keeps on giving.