Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2006, 05:21 PM   #1051
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Argh. From my view, I think I'm either being used as a pawn by two individuals or I can make a difference in the game to win for the survivors. If I'm right and can trust select players, then I think we can win this thing.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:23 PM   #1052
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Updated count as of post 1050 is:

Alan T 3
Raiders 2
Pennywise 1
mckerney 1
kwhit 1
celeval 1
Desmond 1
Desnudo 1
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:23 PM   #1053
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Blade and hoops are in my circle of trust, and by association spleen is in there as well; that is why I unvoted.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #1054
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

At this point I think its important to get a vote out there. I'm going to Vote Desnudo. There isn't awhole lot to go on at this point, but I think Desnudo was caught in a lie and at this point being dishonest is a good enough reason for me to vote for someone.

I'm still suspicious of RA at this point, but I'm not sure there was really an "other" vote on King during day 1, so I'll let him go for today.

I'm also not convinced that Blade is on the level. I'm actually leaning towards him being bad at this point.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:24 PM   #1055
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Blade and hoops are in my circle of trust, and by association spleen is in there as well; that is why I unvoted.

I agree about hoops, but what's your reasoning for Blade and spleen?
Old 02-13-2006, 05:28 PM   #1056
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
At this point I think its important to get a vote out there. I'm going to Vote Desnudo. There isn't awhole lot to go on at this point, but I think Desnudo was caught in a lie and at this point being dishonest is a good enough reason for me to vote for someone.

I'm still suspicious of RA at this point, but I'm not sure there was really an "other" vote on King during day 1, so I'll let him go for today.

I'm also not convinced that Blade is on the level. I'm actually leaning towards him being bad at this point.
How are you suspicious of me? I put the first vote on king, which is very un-wolflike. I could see if I were one of the swing votes, but...
Old 02-13-2006, 05:30 PM   #1057
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I agree about hoops, but what's your reasoning for Blade and spleen?
Blade was the first to vote. Period. He was the first to say that he was a simple survivor.

The way I see it, Blade could be the game's MVP for survivors since he's very intuitive. He also isn't playing his role like a wolf. We were both wolves in the X-Com game, so I know how he plays. Either he's switched his playing style (which I think is unlikely) or he's a good guy.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:31 PM   #1058
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Doh. Spleen falls off my radar from certain things he's said in the thread. I think we're more alike than he thinks. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #1059
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
How are you suspicious of me? I put the first vote on king, which is very un-wolflike. I could see if I were one of the swing votes, but...

The reason why I'm most suspicious of you is because you said you have a larger penis than I do and I know for a fact that you're wrong. I don't like dishonest people.

Some people in my circle of trust think there must have been a wolf involved in the king vote. I know I'm not a wolf, I know Mr W was not a wolf, so that leaves you and Blade if their train of thought is correct. I've stated it twice though, that I'm not sure there HAD TO HAVE BEEN a wolf in that vote. But if there was, it'd have to be you or Blade. I'm obviously not suspicious of you enough to cast a vote your way. And I think Blade is pretty fishy, so at this point I'm going to vote for Desnudo and see what happens.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #1060
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Blade was the first to vote. Period. He was the first to say that he was a simple survivor.

Blade is not a simple survivor though RA, he's supposedly the Black Fog. His coming out and claiming to be a simple villager means nothing.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:36 PM   #1061
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

The way I see it, Blade could be the game's MVP for survivors since he's very intuitive. He also isn't playing his role like a wolf. We were both wolves in the X-Com game, so I know how he plays. Either he's switched his playing style (which I think is unlikely) or he's a good guy.

I guess I just don't see it the same way, especially the fact that he "was the first to say that he was a simple survivor". What hell good does that do? Who would say, "Hey, I'm a bad guy!!!!!!11!!"? Also, he's always the first to vote, so that's nothing either.

I'm not saying that he's an other, but your reasoning is a bit weak for my tastes. Just seems wierd that you trust him so much for the reasons you gave.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:43 PM   #1062
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess I just don't see it the same way, especially the fact that he "was the first to say that he was a simple survivor". What hell good does that do? Who would say, "Hey, I'm a bad guy!!!!!!11!!"? Also, he's always the first to vote, so that's nothing either.

I'm not saying that he's an other, but your reasoning is a bit weak for my tastes. Just seems wierd that you trust him so much for the reasons you gave.
Hmmm...the first to say it means it's usually in your description; however, any veteran player knows to say "I'm a simple villager". You make a good point.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:46 PM   #1063
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Damn, I keep getting survivors mixed up with villagers and "others" mixed up as wolves.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #1064
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Damn, I keep getting survivors mixed up with villagers and "others" mixed up as wolves.

I keep doing that too. I don't really know the terminology of this game too well.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #1065
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
The reason why I'm most suspicious of you is because you said you have a larger penis than I do and I know for a fact that you're wrong. I don't like dishonest people.
Unfortunately I don't want to be banned/boxed for posting my huge member in this thread.

Actually I'm only average at 7 inches.

Enough of me. I'm pretty sure you're on the level, which is why I didn't vote for you this morning before I had to begin my hellacious day at work.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:53 PM   #1066
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't want to be banned/boxed for posting my huge member in this thread.

Thank god.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #1067
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

Enough of me. I'm pretty sure you're on the level, which is why I didn't vote for you this morning before I had to begin my hellacious day at work.
Damn the editing rules of werewolf. I meant the head is 7 inches. Do you guys count the shaft as well?
Old 02-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #1068
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

With about 3 hours left, the vote count is:

Alan T 3
Raiders 2
Desnudo 2
Pennywise 1
mckerney 1
kwhit 1
celeval 1
Desmond 1
Old 02-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #1069
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Alan T, what are you thoughts? Right now I'm waiting to see whom I should vote for, but no one really pops up at me. I'm thinking about Desnudo...
Old 02-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #1070
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
That's true and is what leads me to believe that Alan's okay for now - meaning he is above average on my "trust meter".

I wouldn't call him trustworthy yet, but there are better choices to vote for tonight, I think.

Maybe Tanglewood, Raiders, or for that matter Packerfan, Desmond, or Bearcat are better choices in my mind just because their neutral or average as far as trust/distrust in concerned.

In fact, I'm going to cast a preliminary vote on one of these guys. This is totally subject to change and I'll be checking in later. But for now:

Vote Desmond

He had a pile on vote on Mr Wednesday yesterday and has been very very quiet.

are you sure this is who you ment? Desmond was vote #4 for Mr. W...you were 5 which moved the tie off of you. Desnudo (notice different person but similar name) was vote #8 that was at the end and a throw away.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:02 PM   #1071
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan T, what are you thoughts? Right now I'm waiting to see whom I should vote for, but no one really pops up at me. I'm thinking about Desnudo...

You probably don't want to know my thoughts, because it likely will get you upset at me too and you'll also vote for me

My thoughts was I started the day with my suspicion list having you, Blade, Hoops, Mckerney on it. As the day progressed I became more suspicious of Kwhit some from some comments I did not understand, but since then have become a little better feeling about him. I also feel a little better about Hoops since the day started.

Even though Blade has a vote on me, I don't think its because he is an other, and I dont think his lies are because he is an other also, I think he is just trying to not die. I think he is just reading me wrong because of some stunts I pulled in a previous game, but even with that Im not going to vote against him just because he is voting me.

So far the two people who havent really done alot to gain more confidence with me from earlier in the day are you and Mckerney, possibly because you two have not been around much.

I also have no idea on the mass number of people who have been either laying low or not even been around, its hard to get a read on someone who isnt even here.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:04 PM   #1072
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
You probably don't want to know my thoughts, because it likely will get you upset at me too and you'll also vote for me

but he does want to know your thoughts on Desnudo and so do I
Old 02-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #1073
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
are you sure this is who you ment? Desmond was vote #4 for Mr. W...you were 5 which moved the tie off of you. Desnudo (notice different person but similar name) was vote #8 that was at the end and a throw away.

I made a similar mistake earlier.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #1074
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay. Fair enough, but if you had read that I would be out for most of today with an inspection (yes, I do have a job), then you would know that's why I'm quiet.

On a side note, today was a fucking bitch. I had to conduct five interviews and then I'm coordinating another inspection from the Department of the Army for 23-24 FEB that is just peachy (sarcasm intended), so I had to adjust that delicate schedule about 10 times when I came back to work.

Anyhow, interesting that you are suspicious of mckerney, since that's what I would expect of you. I also find it hard to believe that there aren't more people suspicious of me since my postings at times are somewhat...odd. Take it for what it's worth.

mckerney was definitely on my radar as a possible other (wolf), and you were one of those people that I considered to be helpful and a survivor. Interesting.

VOTE MCKERNEY

I have a hard time believing you're a bad guy, Alan.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:09 PM   #1075
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
but he does want to know your thoughts on Desnudo and so do I

Well Desnudo always comes across as one of the types that I always wonder what he is up to. Right now if I had to guess, I think from the way he has played this game he is either a wolf or a survivor with a pretty important role for our side where he wants to remain low a bit. I think he took some heat from hoops earlier on which led to him making a statement that he -always- votes a certain way. Obviously saying you always do something is a risky thing, since no one always does anything.

Right now my biggest fear with voting for him would be accidentally lynching the seer or bodyguard or duke or whatever. The way he is playing so far, I would almost want to scan him one night before throwing a vote at him just to be safe.

I think worst case scenerio is if we pressure him, we might get some role reveal that enlarges our circles of trust possibly, but day 2 feels really early for an important role reveal.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:12 PM   #1076
Raiders Army
Coordinator

From what I know, Desnudo in all probability doesn't have an important role as a survivor.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:14 PM   #1077
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Alan I'm starting to buy into your thinking and now I feel I have people on both sides in my own personal circle. You earned the right to have me unvote you.

unvote AlanT
Old 02-13-2006, 06:15 PM   #1078
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

I didn't get "caught" in a lie since that implies I tried to mislead from the start. I made a broad statement that I believe is generally backed up by the facts. I am always around at the end of the voting day and try to wait as long as possible before making a final decision. I should never have said I always do something, since no one ever does.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #1079
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Good points, even if they are a bit flimsy. I hate the early game. Unless someone, REALLY messes up, it's like shooting with a blindfold on.

Having said that, I have to vote for someone, so I'll go with a guy that pointed me out as not being active, even though I had posted like 10-11 times and I think knows very well that I'm always quiet early on.

Vote Desnudo

10-11 posts in 22 pages isn't much at all and marks you as one of the least active of the players. No one expects you to go on long posting sprees, but the point of being involved in discussions is that it gives everyone an opportunity to start developing profiles of everyone else.

I have no memory of you being quiet or not early on, although I'm starting to wish I'd pursued that strategy.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #1080
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Alan I'm starting to buy into your thinking and now I feel I have people on both sides in my own personal circle. You earned the right to have me unvote you.

unvote AlanT

This is always a suspicious move to me.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #1081
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
10-11 posts in 22 pages isn't much at all and marks you as one of the least active of the players. No one expects you to go on long posting sprees, but the point of being involved in discussions is that it gives everyone an opportunity to start developing profiles of everyone else.

I have no memory of you being quiet or not early on, although I'm starting to wish I'd pursued that strategy.
He was very quiet early on.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #1082
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs

why is that?
Old 02-13-2006, 06:23 PM   #1083
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
He was very quiet early on.

I think he was referring to previous games.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:25 PM   #1084
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T

My thoughts was I started the day with my suspicion list having you, Blade, Hoops, Mckerney on it. As the day progressed I became more suspicious of Kwhit some from some comments I did not understand, but since then have become a little better feeling about him. I also feel a little better about Hoops since the day started.

Even though Blade has a vote on me, I don't think its because he is an other, and I dont think his lies are because he is an other also, I think he is just trying to not die. I think he is just reading me wrong because of some stunts I pulled in a previous game, but even with that Im not going to vote against him just because he is voting me.

So far the two people who havent really done alot to gain more confidence with me from earlier in the day are you and Mckerney, possibly because you two have not been around much.

I also have no idea on the mass number of people who have been either laying low or not even been around, its hard to get a read on someone who isnt even here.

Not sure what I'd need to do to gain your trust, though as I've said before, even though I'm just a survivor I can't really say I blame you for voting for me. I haven't been around a whole lot to day, and I'm not really sure what to say being I'm still thinking of what to made of Blade's claim that I was a target of assassination by him, but protected, and how it would go with Blade saying this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Interesting night, Mckerney had me convinced we was going down...i was sure he would be targeted just to screw me over. Hmmmm, maybe he was, but ardent just limits night kills to two people? Or maybe he wasnt and im just paranoid? Or maybe...i dont know what im talking about

Being I know that I have no special role that would protect me from assassination (and maybe it's just me and my inexperience with some of the complex roles, but if what Blade is saying is true, it wouldn't make much sense to me to have a survivor assassin who was incapable of killing one of more of the others).

The posabilities that I see are that Blade did try to assassinate me and one of the special survivors protected me, of he's making it all up, which honestly wouldn't surprise me with as many times as his story has changed.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:27 PM   #1085
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

guess I should say if unvoting is suspicious then your top people from today only are;

me
spleen
hoops
blade
raiders army

as we all unvoted today. each for our own reasons and each still with little or no knowledge of who is who.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:31 PM   #1086
Swaggs
Coordinator

It just feels like a very contrived move to me. Like you are trying to change momentum.

I don't have any reason to suspect you at this point, but I just do not see a good reason to change a vote to a non-vote other than to alter momentum. Particularly when AlanT is in a virtual tie right now. To me, it feels like you made a throw-away vote, and now that the person you voted for is on the chopping block, you are regretting it.

That said, you can play your game anyway you want. I just know I did a similar thing one time in a previous game, when I was a werewolf, and I got busted for it. So it is a suspicious move to me at this point.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:32 PM   #1087
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls, was there any post in particular from Alan T that struck a chord with you? I'm not trying to get you to change your vote, just trying to understand why you unvoted at this point. The post where you cast the unvote didn't quite make this clear, at least to me.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #1088
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
It just feels like a very contrived move to me. Like you are trying to change momentum.

I don't have any reason to suspect you at this point, but I just do not see a good reason to change a vote to a non-vote other than to alter momentum. Particularly when AlanT is in a virtual tie right now. To me, it feels like you made a throw-away vote, and now that the person you voted for is on the chopping block, you are regretting it.

That said, you can play your game anyway you want. I just know I did a similar thing one time in a previous game, when I was a werewolf, and I got busted for it. So it is a suspicious move to me at this point.

there are 4 players with 2 votes Alan had 3 until I moved off him. I feel that at least 2 of the others haven't voted yet. This forces their hand to make a decision that will determine where I go. It will also clear a survivor. I don't think there really was any momentem on Alan anyhow as the last vote on him was mine on post # 951 and there have been at leat 100 more posts since then with several getting at least 2 votes.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:39 PM   #1089
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
SnDvls, was there any post in particular from Alan T that struck a chord with you? I'm not trying to get you to change your vote, just trying to understand why you unvoted at this point. The post where you cast the unvote didn't quite make this clear, at least to me.

not one post, just the overall feel and tone and his actions and sometime inactions. being I was bad the last two games I played (didn't play the most recent one w/ Alan so I can't say I know from that one) I was on the block many times. He didn't act the way a wolf would/should. mabey I'm reading him wrong.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:43 PM   #1090
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dinner time be back latter
Old 02-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #1091
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
not one post, just the overall feel and tone and his actions and sometime inactions. being I was bad the last two games I played (didn't play the most recent one w/ Alan so I can't say I know from that one) I was on the block many times. He didn't act the way a wolf would/should. mabey I'm reading him wrong.

Hopefully this doesnt put your vote back on me, but I honestly dont really play much differently as a wolf than I do as a villager, thats what gets me in trouble both here and other werewolf games I have played elsewhere. Last game when I was a wolf, I actually took every turn and tried to think what would I do as a villager. I actually have never lived past day 3 in 5 games of playing WW.

But at least i hope I do some good for our side in the time I am around.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:47 PM   #1092
mckerney
Coordinator

Have to go for now and probably won't be back before 9, so

UNVOTE PENNYWISE
VOTE DESNUDO

Call it a hunch
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:53 PM   #1093
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, do you have your voting posts handy? I don't track these while at work and would like to put one together now that I'm home.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #1094
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Alan, do you have your voting posts handy? I don't track these while at work and would like to put one together now that I'm home.

You mean this? or something else?

(523) Blade votes pennywise (1)
(576) spleen votes blade (1)
(595) mckerney votes pennywise (2)
(701) hoopsguy votes pennywise (3)
(720) raiders votes spleen (1)
(728) spleen UNVOTES Blade (0)
(728) spleen votes raiders (1)
(730) Alan votes mckerney (1)
(775) Celeval votes kwhit (1)
(788) Saldana votes Celeval (1)
(858) hoops UNVOTES Pennywise (2)
(946) blade UNVOTES pennywise (1)
(946) blade votes Alan T (1)
(951) sndvls votes Alan T (2)
(990) king votes Raiders (2)
(1011) hoops votes Alan T (3)
(1018) kwhit votes Desmond (1)
(1049) schmidty votes Desnudo (1)
(1050) Raiders UNVOTES Spleen (0)
(1054) Pennywise Votes Desnudo (2)
(1074) Raiders votes Mckerney (2)
(1077) Sndvls UNVOTES Alan T (2)
(1092) mckerney UNVOTES pennywise (0)
(1092) mckerney votes Desnudo (3)
Old 02-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #1095
hoopsguy
General Manager

That was it. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #1096
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

So Desnudo has 3 at this point and so does Alan T. I think we need to get some of the quiet ones in here before the deadline to at least cast some votes....
Old 02-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #1097
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Well, I'm off of work. I'll try to log back on before the deadline but there aren't any gaurantees.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #1098
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Actually I only have 2 now.

Desnudo 3
Alan T 2
Raiders 2
mckerney 2
kwhit 1
celeval 1
Desmond 1
Old 02-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #1099
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney
Have to go for now and probably won't be back before 9, so

UNVOTE PENNYWISE
VOTE DESNUDO

Call it a hunch

back from dinner.
what gives you the hunch? just wondering because I have the same hunch, but I've got a few reasons too.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #1100
Desmond
Banned

Nobody really stands out to me so far but having to vote, im intrigued by what Blade said about McKerney, that to me is the most concrete piece of info about the game itself and not whats happening on the board which is still leaving me a bit befuddled, so im gonna

Vote Mckerney
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote