Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2024, 03:06 PM   #551
Edward64
Head Coach

I think my son got his job in Oct after graduating in May. But this was in 2022 so when pandemic uncertainties was still going on.

FWIW I suggest he focus on job vs location. After 2-3 years he’ll be more marketable and can pick and choose.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:20 AM   #552
Edward64
Head Coach

Welp, daughter graduated this week.

She's already gotten a PT job (she's done work there before and they like her) which she says will allow her to work up to 40 hours. It's in her area of studies and she enjoys it.

No benefits though so she'll stay on our health for now. She knows it's not a long term job, just for the experience and the CV.

Biggest challenge is for her and girlfriend to find a new apartment that is approx. mid distance to both of their jobs. Not looking forward to that as it'll be closer to Atlanta.
Old Yesterday, 04:54 AM   #553
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Biggest challenge is for her and girlfriend to find a new apartment that is approx. mid distance to both of their jobs.

North, South, East, or West?
Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM   #554
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Congrats! We are still gearing up for the journey to Simon's graduation June 1st.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM   #555
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Caitlin graduated with her first master's in education. Starting on #2 this summer.

Mack's home for the summer. Today is her 20th, so we're officially without a teenager.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM   #556
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
North, South, East, or West?

So somewhere a little north of I-75 and I-285.
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM   #557
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Caitlin graduated with her first master's in education. Starting on #2 this summer.

A 2nd Masters?
Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM   #558
Ksyrup

That's what she wants.

One, she loves being a student (and she's paying, so...); two, every advanced degree bumps her teacher salary and given that KY is 41st or 42nd in teacher pay (and falling) and just blew off the Governor's attempt to substantially invest in education here - while at the same time moving forward with steps to completely eliminate the state income tax as if we're some desireable vacation destination like FL or AZ - she's basically taking matters into her own hands; and (3) it gives her an alternate avenue to remain in education outside of the classroom, which is her goal.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM   #559
Edward64
Head Coach

Nice.

We offered daughter graduate school and she said no, she wanted to start working.
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM   #560
Ksyrup

She's doing both. She's been a full-time teacher for 2 years and doing the Masters work online in her "spare time." She ended up with a 4.0. I think 4 years of balancing college classwork with softball made it a pretty easy transition to juggling school and work.
Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM   #561
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

{nods} I asked just on the slim chance it might be in an area where I'd have a useful brainstorm.

Alas ... etc etc
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #562
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
I was out there the other day, and there are so many apartment options. I just hate to guess what they go for.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #563
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I was out there the other day, and there are so many apartment options. I just hate to guess what they go for.

Yeah, that's the part that (if I'm completely candid) had my actual reaction being "welp ... they're fucked"