Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-09-2015, 10:29 PM   #5401
molson
General Manager

I'm laughing at this more than I should be.

Last edited by molson : 03-09-2015 at 10:29 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:37 PM   #5402
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well I just got tickets to take my son to Raw here in May. It's on a school night so I'm sure he will be excited. It'll be the first show that I've been to in a really, really, long time. I ended up going with cheaper seats that say limited view, but how bad are these seats really going to be? And am I going to kick myself for not paying twice the price for normal seats? Or will it be enough that we are going and can still have a good time? From the map it looks like I'm a little behind the stage area, but 3rd row up in that section. For sure I won't be able to see the front of the entrance stage, but once the guys come out it shouldn't be an issue.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 03-11-2015 at 04:40 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #5403
molson
General Manager

What arena? With wrestling, I think there's really close, and there's everywhere else. Meaning that if you're not in the first few rows, it doesn't really matter where you are in most arenas. The fun of a live show is the atmosphere, the entrances, the chance that something historical and/or crazy will happen while you're there, and being able to watch it on TV afterwards. This is assuming that "limited view" doesn't mean that you can't see the ring. If THAT happens, or if the seats happen to really suck in a way you didn't expect, find a security guy and ask to moved, and you might end up ringside (I've heard of this working)

Last edited by molson : 03-11-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:52 PM   #5404
PilotMan
Head Coach

It's a US Bank here in Cincinnati. These were presale tix. The real sale doesn't start for a few days. Section 214 Row C. I tried to upload a pic but it must be protected, it wouldn't save. So this link is the next closest thing. The stage here is probably about where the entrance stage is for the show with the ring all the way in the middle of the area.

Like Steam?

Old 03-11-2015, 06:12 PM   #5405
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The worst seats I ever had to a Raw show were on the floor. I think the best seat in the house is camera side off the floor but not upper deck. The middle section are the best seats in the house. If I am reading that place's seating chart right 128-132 would be the best seats in the house, IMO that is. I have never sat as high as you are though so I can't really say.

If you ever go floor and you have children it has to be front row(I can't justify that expense, I don't know about you). Anything else and they won't be able to see. Middle section is where it's at.

Last edited by dubb93 : 03-11-2015 at 06:13 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #5406
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yeah, the middle section seats were $48 each and 4 sections over, where we are were $18.

I've sat ringside for AWA back in the day and like 3rd row for an old WWF house show. It's pretty sweet being right down on the ring, but not for $100+ per seat.

Like Steam?

Old 03-11-2015, 07:05 PM   #5407
molson
General Manager

The only downside is that it might be a strain to see the screen, so you could miss out on some terrible comedy skits.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #5408
Flasch186
Coordinator

I once bought floor seats for me and my dad at a PPV in Jacksonville (Lashley was the champ at the time) and the seats had a big print of Lashley's face on the seat. Anyways, they were take home seats so when I got home I put them on ebay and got the face value of the tickets I had bought for the seats and sent them off to someone in Orlando. Try that to offset the cost.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #5409
PilotMan
Head Coach

to molson ---> That's a good point, I guess we can live with that. It looks like it's the last Raw before Payback so it's bound to have something going on.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 03-11-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:25 PM   #5410
TexasT
Mascot

What direction is the WWE going? I haven't watched in a long while so I thought I'd fire up RAW. So, after watching a rap concert for about 20 minutes I turned the channel. They don't have enough wrestling talent to fill a show so they've resorted to concerts? Just askin.
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:58 PM   #5411
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

The sad part is if you go by pure wrestling talent, they may have more than ever. They just don't use it properly.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:36 AM   #5412
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
If you ever go floor and you have children it has to be front row(I can't justify that expense, I don't know about you). Anything else and they won't be able to see. Middle section is where it's at.

Yup, I've gone to a million local wrestling shows and have learned that if I can't get 1st or 2nd row, not to go. Anything with 3rd row or more, my son couldn't see anything. If you're in the 2nd row he can peek between people.

We've had 4th row seats before and ended up going to general admission and sitting in the stands. It was a better experience for him.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:00 AM   #5413
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
What direction is the WWE going? I haven't watched in a long while so I thought I'd fire up RAW. So, after watching a rap concert for about 20 minutes I turned the channel. They don't have enough wrestling talent to fill a show so they've resorted to concerts? Just askin.

The WWE writers and management have worked so hard the past couple years to tell you why their talent isn't good enough, that now they are not good enough. It doesn't really matter how talented they are, they are perceived as jobbers, therefore they are jobbers.

I've never seen a wrestling company so cold since WCW in 2000. It wasn't too long ago, maybe 2 years where if their rating went below 3.0 during football season they would panic. Now they are getting below 3.0 every week during Wrestlemania season. That is scary.

I wouldn't waste your time watching the programming right now. I still have my WWE network subscription but I am using it to watch old WCW PPV that I never had a chance to see. I still love wrestling so I am getting enjoyment from the network.

I've said this before but it seems to be more relevant than ever. I think this show is being written and approved (and re-written) by people who don't like wrestling. People who wish they were in the entertainment business. People that hate their jobs (as you hear from most writers in their post-employment interviews). It really reeks of being created by bitter, spiteful people.

There is plenty of wrestling out there that has been booked by passionate, talented people that love what they do. Watch PWG, or New Japan. Go to your local indy shows (I love Smash Wrestling in Toronto). That's the best place to go to get your wrestling fix these days.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #5414
RainMaker
General Manager

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:17 AM   #5415
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Two things:

One, in sad news, Perro Aguayo Jr died after a bad spot in a match against Rey Misterio. Early speculation is same thing that happened to Misawa, freak injury.

Two... actually forget two. considering #1, telling you to watch the main event of this week's Lucha Underground is the height of bad taste in the same post considering the subject... maybe I'll come back to it next week.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #5416
molson
General Manager

It seems like even more of a freak injury than Misawa. I doesn't even look like it was a high impact/upside-down kind of spot like Misawa's was. Aguayo Jr. was setting up to take a 619 so I think it was either a kick to the neck or he just fell into the rope awkwardly.

Last edited by molson : 03-21-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #5417
molson
General Manager

Wow, I saw the match, freak injury is almost an understatement. Rey just dropkicked him into the ropes to setup the 619 like he has a million other times. But Aguayo Jr.'s neck was very close to the rope already when the impact was made. And the other guy (Manik?) gets a drop toe hold and lands on the the ropes right next to Aguayo Jr. to setup the double 619. Which Rey doesn't even hit, he kicks right over both of their heads. So it was one of those two impacts (probably the first), though neither looked particularly unusual. There was a lack of awareness by the ref and everyone involved which allowed the match to go on longer, and the rope bounced around more against his neck, but who knows if that made a difference. And it's easy to say in retrospect, all of those guys have surely been in matches where people get knocked out for a bit and the match continues on.

I'll go ahead and post the youtube link, it's not graphic, but it's disturbing in the sense that a man is killed in it.

MUERE EL HIJO DEL PERRO AGUAYO - YouTube

Last edited by molson : 03-21-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:07 PM   #5418
PilotMan
Head Coach

God I hated Paul E Dangerously, but damn he does have some skills on the mic.

Like Steam?

Old 03-24-2015, 07:24 PM   #5419
molson
General Manager

Brock Lesnar announced that he has retired from MMA, and re-signed a new multi-year contract with the WWE.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #5420
PilotMan
Head Coach

I don't care what he was hyping, there was no way he was ever going back to MMA. That ship sailed with Overeem's (juiced up) liver shot; the fight should've been declared a no contest, imo. Good for him. I love having him in the WWE.

Like Steam?

Old 03-24-2015, 07:44 PM   #5421
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

I'm feeling like it's not such a given that Roman wins anymore.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:45 PM   #5422
molson
General Manager

Ya, I think he used the UFC (and Bellator, who was prepared to offer him millions) in order to get a better deal out of the WWE. And I'm guessing the WWE gave him some kind of ultimatum - either sign before Mania, or they're moving on, or at least, the same offer wouldn't be there.

I actually bought into some of the hype that he's healthier now than he was at the end of his UFC run when he was recovering from diverticulitis. I didn't think he was ever going to be a title contender again, but he didn't have to be to be worth millions to UFC or Bellator. In UFC, the rumor was that they'd do Lesnar/Mir III. And it's a weak division, there's plenty of other older and mediocre name guys you'd think Brock would have a chance with - Josh Barnett, Cro Cop, Bigfoot Silva, Big Nog, etc. Any of those fights would headline a PPV and deliver way over the average UFC PPV buyrate. Or he could have just taken money from Bellator to beat up Kimbo Slice or Bobby Lashley. So I think there was options there, but it's more likely in retrospect that he never considered fighting again.

Last edited by molson : 03-24-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:49 PM   #5423
PilotMan
Head Coach

Oh for sure he would have been a big money draw again. Four of the top seven shows of all time involved Lesnar. Lesnar/Mir III might have sucked as a show, but it would have been worth a ton.

Like Steam?

Old 03-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #5424
RainMaker
General Manager

I wonder if his appearances will go up on this new deal. I mean I doubt he fights on Raw every week but maybe he shows up a bunch more for promos and stuff.

He was in a great negotiating position. It would have been real difficult to put the belt on Reigns this Sunday. WM crowd would have booed him out of the stadium and the post-Mania Raw crowd would have eviscerated him. Plus their next major PPV is in Chicago which is a smark crowd. Would have been a terrible start to his title run.

This allows them to keep the belt on Lesnar and make the crowds happy. Cena and Bryan can win the midcard titles and maybe give them some prestige to fill the gap of having the champ on a part-time schedule.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:19 PM   #5425
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hogan was great on the BS Report
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:21 PM   #5426
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I find Lesnar tolerable as long as he has Heyman.

For the life of me though I've never been able to give the slightest crap about him in a pro wrestling ring.

Which is something that sorta bugs me since I think he's probably a decent enough fella. A bit weird maybe, but okay.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:22 PM   #5427
molson
General Manager

I think they'll still be reluctant to have Reigns just fail after all that buildup. Maybe some kind of angle can salvage him, like a double turn with Lesnar. I think heel Reigns could be pretty good, especially if he aligns with Rollins again, or maybe event reform the whole Shield.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #5428
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Lesnar will win and he'll give Reigns props for a great fight - feel good moment. On the way to the back Ambrose jumps him, Reigns joins him, then Rollins cashes in.

S.H.I.E.L.D.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #5429
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Lesnar is awesome, but they need to get him out of the title picture. Based on his available dates he functions a lot better as an attraction vs. champion.

I do think a Reigns / Rollins title picture would be pretty cool for a few months.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:15 PM   #5430
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

It's sad but I don't see anything from Mania topping Owens vs Balor on tonight's NXT episode. Wow what a match!
Old 03-25-2015, 08:56 PM   #5431
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I find Lesnar tolerable as long as he has Heyman.

For the life of me though I've never been able to give the slightest crap about him in a pro wrestling ring.

Which is something that sorta bugs me since I think he's probably a decent enough fella. A bit weird maybe, but okay.

I don't think he's amazing or anything, but with him we get Heyman and that's good. He's also the only credible heel they've had in the main event scene for awhile.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #5432
kingfc22
Head Coach

Couldn't miss out on going to WrestleMania since it's happening at Levi's.

DX and NWO showing up in that last match drove the loudest responses this far. And HHH's entrance was pretty sweet.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:56 PM   #5433
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Oh my.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:41 PM   #5434
RainMaker
General Manager

I wish they'd stop fucking with the mics so we can actually hear the crowd at the same levels all night.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:59 PM   #5435
RainMaker
General Manager

That was actually a pretty creative way of doing it.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:01 PM   #5436
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So.. Wrestlemania delivered.

I could see a post match turn in of the Money in the Bank, I did not see an in match turn in
Old 03-29-2015, 10:23 PM   #5437
RainMaker
General Manager

They got the belt off Lesnar which they kind of needed to do but also kept his mythical status because he was never pinned.

Also avoid a riot by having Reigns win.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:38 PM   #5438
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If this was TEW, the main event would be "The fans don't understand how Seth Rollins won the title when he was not a competitor in the match. The fans didn't like Roman Reigns, and let him know it"
Old 03-30-2015, 11:47 AM   #5439
molson
General Manager

1.3 million network subscribers as of today. That's about in line with what they were hoping for by now, but it still seems low considering they got 1.2 million PPV buys for mania just 2 years ago. With the great show last night, hopefully they'll minimize the cancellations from people who just wanted Mania for $9.99.

I had to do a bunch of work last night so I didn't get around to Mania until after 11. I figured I'd watch until I got too tired but never did. Was up until around 3:30 watching the show (and the two pre-show matches) and read about it online for a half hour or so later.

Last edited by molson : 03-30-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #5440
RainMaker
General Manager

That number is coming off a free month (February) and the day after Wrestlemania. They seem to pick the most opportune times to release a number. I'm curious to what it is in mid-June.

The stock took a nosedive today for what it's worth.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:32 PM   #5441
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Gotta love those moments when it seems all out of control (yes it's scripted to be so), but Brock Lesnar going nuts and f5'ing everyone was choice. (props to Michael Cole for agreeing to take one). NXT call ups, Bryon Saxton doing announcing solo because everyone's down after Lesnar's rampage, you get the "everything's reset" idea
Old 03-30-2015, 08:37 PM   #5442
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I was really impressed with Wrestlemania last night. It was easily the best PPV of the last couple of years. I did experience some viewer fatigue after having watched for 5 hours but nearly all of that was very watchable, something which I can rarely say about today's WWE.

I loved how they did the Money in the Bank cash-in. Maybe they can do something with Reigns someday. But it has been too forced upon us and they couldn't do it last night. Just wasn't the right time. I did really enjoy that match.

THey also booked the right winner in almost all cases. The crowd was much happier than they have been in some time. Typically at Wrestlemania that's the goal.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #5443
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Now that there's some space between Perro Aguayo Jr's sad death, I recommend gettinga hold of Lucha Underground's 3/18 (the Grave Consequences match between Fenix and Mil Muertes) and 3/25 (Prince Puma-Cage and Aberto El Patron-Texano) shows online. Close to NXT as the true #2 fed in america on TV

Last edited by SirFozzie : 03-30-2015 at 08:58 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:11 AM   #5444
molson
General Manager

I'm really late on this, but Max Landis' "Wrestling isn't Wrestling" short film is as fun and awesome as everyone has been saying it is. If you're ever trying to explain your wrestling fandom to a non-fan, this video would be one way.

Wrestling Isn't Wrestling - YouTube
Old 04-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #5445
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
If this was TEW, the main event would be "The fans don't understand how Seth Rollins won the title when he was not a competitor in the match. The fans didn't like Roman Reigns, and let him know it"

I Lol'd

Like Steam?

Old 04-13-2015, 10:55 AM   #5446
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'm really late on this, but Max Landis' "Wrestling isn't Wrestling" short film is as fun and awesome as everyone has been saying it is. If you're ever trying to explain your wrestling fandom to a non-fan, this video would be one way.

Wrestling Isn't Wrestling - YouTube

Thank you for this!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #5447
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Great read on Andre the Giant.

Being Andre the Giant - CBSSports.com
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:31 AM   #5448
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Lucha Underground 22 April 2015 Full Show - Lucha Underground 22/4/2015. - YouTube

watch this. Especially the Main Event(s).

When you consider that Ivelisse wrestled the last match and a half on a legitimately broken ankle. And that dive from Angelico. I thought that I couldn't mark any more from Balcony Dives. This is a Balcony Dive all the way to the ring. and this is Foz marking like a 12 year old (41:15 into the show)
Old 04-27-2015, 02:43 AM   #5449
Suicane75
Coordinator

God yes. The entire storyline with Son Of Havoc, Angelico and Ivelliese has just been phenomenal. Feuding, love triangle, then Cueto fucks with them by making them team in the tournament, they overcome the odds only to be screwed over once more by The Crew. They get the shit beat out of them after they've already won the match, Ivelliese has a legit broken ankle and two thugs are about to finish her off when...

And then after this she gets up and just beats the holy fuck out of The Crew with the kendo stick, Havoc and Angelico hit stereo finishers and get the double pin. Just an awesome storyline from beginning to end that's a great reminder of how fun pro wrestling can be. Thank god for LU and New Japan World.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #5450
wolverine29
n00b

So there was a PPV last night? It's sad that despite how good Wrestlemania was the WWE just cannot hold my interest anymore.

Last edited by wolverine29 : 04-27-2015 at 09:12 AM.
wolverine29 is offline   Reply With Quote