Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2020, 12:59 PM   #801
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Today seems to be the day when the embargo is lifted on PS5 unboxings (and first impressions?). It's a BIG box and console, whoa.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:10 PM   #802
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Anyone know of a good golf game that has solid career mode? Preferable through steam. thanks!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 01:12 PM   #803
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Anyone know of a good golf game that has solid career mode? Preferable through steam. thanks!

PGA Tour 2K21
Old 10-27-2020, 03:51 PM   #804
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Cyberpunk delayed

I've seen so much hand wringing over the delays and people saying it's a sign the game is going to disappoint. This now makes 1 more delay than Witcher 3 had and I'm pretty sure that game turned out OK.

This one is also really understandable as well. I'm sure trying to do configurations for PS4, Xbox, Pc, Steam, Stadia, ect, ect with everyone working from home isn't easy.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:04 PM   #805
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm sure trying to do configurations for PS4, Xbox, Pc, Steam, Stadia, ect, ect with everyone working from home isn't easy.

Don't forget PS5 and Xbox Series X - they were expected to do a day 1 patch to upgrade the graphics (a bit) before the 2021 next gen remaster.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:32 PM   #806
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
PGA Tour 2K21

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2020, 08:39 PM   #807
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
PGA Tour 2K21

That's on my wish list. Waiting for a sale.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:49 PM   #808
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am looking for a game I can play on my laptop while we watch TV at nights. Figure golf would be good because there isn't continuous action.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:52 PM   #809
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I am looking for a game I can play on my laptop while we watch TV at nights. Figure golf would be good because there isn't continuous action.

Any good turn-based game would work. I've done the same with X-Com and Civ 6.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:54 PM   #810
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

yeah, I play a ton of slay the spire. It is the perfect game for that
Old 10-28-2020, 09:06 PM   #811
bhlloy
Coordinator

Let me know if you end up getting 2K21 and liking it from a casual perspective. I didn't think much of the previous version, but have been very intrigued with what I have heard from this year.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:01 PM   #812
henry296
College Starter

Quote:

I've found the prior version really hard to play with the keyboard / mouse. You would likely need a controller.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:08 PM   #813
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
That's on my wish list. Waiting for a sale.

Not much of a sale on Steam, but currently 15% off through the 2nd.
Old 11-07-2020, 05:02 PM   #814
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Yikes. I bought a 4 TB drive that can be used with the Playstation 4 or 5 for $90. Having a proprietary drive that sells for nearly three times the price and only has 1/4 of the storage pretty rough on the consumer.

Xbox Series X Expandable Storage Costs $219.99, According To Best Buy

And it turns out PS5 games cannot be transferred to or stored on an external hard drive.
Old 11-07-2020, 05:50 PM   #815
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

They seem to be requiring PS5 games be on the SSD (or expandable nvme SSD when that functionality is opened - which is about the same price as the Xbox Series X expandable storage). The SSD speed is seen as essential for the next gen aspect of the new console.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #816
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Loving this option. In previous generations, I've always bought two consoles: one for the home theater and one for my bedroom. Having this option means I can just keep one of the PS4's in my bedroom and stream from the PS5 downstairs. Obviously, I'll have to test out how it works (I have a wired house network, so it should be fine), but I think it's a great option for me. The only thing you really lose is the controller interface that you'd have with the new controller.

PS4 Remote Play app will let you stream games from your PS5 - Polygon
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:03 PM   #817
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Wow. This is a nightmare release scenario for Microsoft. Newly released Xbox Series X units are having disc drive issues where they either don't take in the disc or make a clicking/banging sound while it spins. No issues with the Series S units since they obviously have no disc drives.

The Xbox Series X seems to have a disc drive problem - Polygon
Old 11-11-2020, 04:10 PM   #818
bob
College Starter

Random post that will get lost in the shuffle of the new console releases but here goes.

My kids LOVED the Lego Dimensions game when it came out. Unfortunately, we only had a XBOX 360 at the time, so we bought the game for that. No issues during the initial release, but the second year update turned it into a giant glitchy mess. The 360 release seemed particularly bad. Somewhere along the way my youngest broke the disc and it sorta faded away.

Today they found all their old stuff for Lego Dimensions and they asked me if they could play. We were able to find a used copy of the disc for the 360 for $3 at Gamestop, and it works, but man is it glitchey (failed saves, freezes, etc). I found a used disc for the PS4 as well but of course you need a different platform than the 360 version. Sucks because the PS4 version was considered the most stable.

Oh well.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:15 PM   #819
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Got my PS5 today and holy crap is the Dualsense an incredible piece of technology! The haptics are amazing. In Astro's Playroom (the included game on the system), you can feel the difference when you are walking on sand or metal or ice skating. You have to feel it to believe it. Also the Dualsense has a speaker in the controller, so it adds a little bit of surround feeling. Probably the most next gen thing possible.

Also the SSDs make things ludicriously fast. I'm playing God of War (from the Playstation Plus Collection) for the first time and dying a bunch, but hitting X gets me back to my checkpoint in 2 seconds tops. Which really changes a lot of games.

So far so good. Some people are having issues loading their own PS4 games to their PS5 (through HDD or LAN) - a few people even have had their PS5s bricked, so be careful if you want to do that. Maybe wait to see if Sony patches it.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 11-12-2020 at 11:17 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 04:16 AM   #820
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Random post that will get lost in the shuffle of the new console releases but here goes.

My kids LOVED the Lego Dimensions game when it came out. Unfortunately, we only had a XBOX 360 at the time, so we bought the game for that. No issues during the initial release, but the second year update turned it into a giant glitchy mess. The 360 release seemed particularly bad. Somewhere along the way my youngest broke the disc and it sorta faded away.

Today they found all their old stuff for Lego Dimensions and they asked me if they could play. We were able to find a used copy of the disc for the 360 for $3 at Gamestop, and it works, but man is it glitchey (failed saves, freezes, etc). I found a used disc for the PS4 as well but of course you need a different platform than the 360 version. Sucks because the PS4 version was considered the most stable.

Oh well.

that portal can be had on ebay in the $10-20 range, just FYI.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:28 PM   #821
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

When I was at Walmart today they had Assassin's Creed Valhalla for $49.95 so I snagged a copy.

Anyone playing?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 01:49 PM   #822
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
When I was at Walmart today they had Assassin's Creed Valhalla for $49.95 so I snagged a copy.

Anyone playing?

It's more assassin's creed with a bit less focus on being stealthy and more on Viking raids and combat.

The world is huge and interesting although the early game story pacing is weird. Some things happen with little explanation and it jumps around a little. Once you leave Norway things pick up and the story gets better and the pacing seems better.

I don't think the setting is as good as Odyssey or Origins but that may just be me. It's a very good game (assuming you enjoy the AC series) that a lot of reviewers are saying is either the best or among the best AC games. I'm not ready to say it's better than Odyssey yet. I'm just getting into the Settlement stuff and raiding England so I'm still fairly early in the game though.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:04 PM   #823
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ubisoft: Montreal apparently got SWATted.

Armed police evacuate Ubisoft Montréal, but 'no threat has been identified' | PC Gamer

My speculation (mine only) is that it has to do with the recent removal of a podcast from within the game Watch Dogs Legion because of transphobia.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:57 PM   #824
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's more assassin's creed with a bit less focus on being stealthy and more on Viking raids and combat.

The world is huge and interesting although the early game story pacing is weird. Some things happen with little explanation and it jumps around a little. Once you leave Norway things pick up and the story gets better and the pacing seems better.

I don't think the setting is as good as Odyssey or Origins but that may just be me. It's a very good game (assuming you enjoy the AC series) that a lot of reviewers are saying is either the best or among the best AC games. I'm not ready to say it's better than Odyssey yet. I'm just getting into the Settlement stuff and raiding England so I'm still fairly early in the game though.

Thanks, I'm a couple hours in and always loved the AC series.
Old 11-15-2020, 02:22 PM   #825
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

So one of the fun things about getting the PS5 is playing all the PS4 games I never played. Especially as there are a number of Black Friday sales right now, even for digital games. I snagged Red Dead Redemption 2 for $26. There is also $9.99 sales on Gran Turismo Sport and Shadow of the Colossus remake. Anyone play these? Are they worth it?

I am mindful of buying way too many games at once for Switch and ending up playing some only a handful of times as a result.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 11-15-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-15-2020, 02:53 PM   #826
Galaril
Pro Starter

We have a ps4 I was hoping to eek a year more out of before we buy a ps5 or xbox nextgen. But it is in the shop with drive and motherboard issues so might have to jump sooner to next gen. I am leaning heavily to the PS5 but am a little concerned that it won’t get the future Bethesda games since they were bought by MS.

Last edited by Galaril : 11-15-2020 at 03:26 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:55 PM   #827
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Shadow of the Colossus was pretty awesome, though I never finished it. Loved the premise, and the execution on the first few...levels was pretty awesome.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #828
Kodos
Resident Alien

Shadow and Red Dead 2 are both great.
Old 11-15-2020, 03:53 PM   #829
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
We have a ps4 I was hoping to eek a year more out of before we buy a ps5 or xbox nextgen. But it is in the shop with drive and motherboard issues so might have to jump sooner to next gen. I am leaning heavily to the PS5 but am a little concerned that it won’t get the future Bethesda games since they were bought by MS.

It's the calculus to make. I am leaning towards waiting for mid cycle Pro versions to get an Xbox for potential Bethesda exclusives. The new controller tricks on the Dualsense and the first two year exclusives (Spiderman Miles Morales, Demon Souls remake, GT7 and God of War Ragnarok expected next year) makes PS5 the one to get now IMO.

Thanks Vince and Kodos, will get Shadow as well.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:58 PM   #830
Kodos
Resident Alien

Just know that the controls for Shadow are a bit wonky.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:00 PM   #831
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
It's the calculus to make. I am leaning towards waiting for mid cycle Pro versions to get an Xbox for potential Bethesda exclusives. The new controller tricks on the Dualsense and the first two year exclusives (Spiderman Miles Morales, Demon Souls remake, GT7 and God of War Ragnarok expected next year) makes PS5 the one to get now IMO.

Thanks Vince and Kodos, will get Shadow as well.

Thanks will likely hold off until Xmas 2021.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:47 PM   #832
Kodos
Resident Alien

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/06/t...ideo-game.html

Some help for those trying to decide between PS5 and the Xbox Series X.

Quote:
BRIAN Me, too. There are different audiences for each console. Here’s what I think it boils down to: For game enthusiasts who choose only one console, the PlayStation 5 is a safer bet for now. The hardware and software are solid, and the system looks poised to get strong games in Year 1. (If you rarely buy discs, save 100 bucks and get the digital edition, which lacks a disc drive.)

Budget-conscious people and casual gamers will probably gravitate toward the $300 Xbox Series S, which runs games at a lower resolution and can play a plethora of older Xbox titles available for a low cost.

MIKE We’re in agreement. And though the PS5 will put a dent in my wallet, I consider it a form of video-game therapy as the rest of the world is dealing with the whole “elections and the future of democracy” thing.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:03 PM   #833
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I'm betting by next year (when consoles are available again), they'll be some bundles. That could make a decision for some people.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:46 PM   #834
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Can someone please help me with a question that is apparently too dumb even for Google?

I got Valhalla for the PS4, then this week we lucked into a PS5. I'm supposed to be able to upgrade for free, so I put the disc in and clicked "yes" on whatever it asked me. Now I have Valhalla on the PS5, but I've heard it's also possible to just have the PS4 version copied over. How can I tell whether I'm playing the PS5 version or PS4? It doesn't seem to actually say which version it is anywhere, and I don't know the game well enough to pick up on any small differences in games play.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:49 PM   #835
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think you have to go to the PS Store and it can tell you (and allow you to download the PS5 upgrade).

I haven't personally done it but I've heard people talking about going to the PS Store.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 11-17-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:26 PM   #836
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Can someone please help me with a question that is apparently too dumb even for Google?

I got Valhalla for the PS4, then this week we lucked into a PS5. I'm supposed to be able to upgrade for free, so I put the disc in and clicked "yes" on whatever it asked me. Now I have Valhalla on the PS5, but I've heard it's also possible to just have the PS4 version copied over. How can I tell whether I'm playing the PS5 version or PS4? It doesn't seem to actually say which version it is anywhere, and I don't know the game well enough to pick up on any small differences in games play.

Look at the title, if it's a PS4 game that you have, it will say ps4 next to the name.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:03 PM   #837
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Playing Cold War, in my typical "lucky to have a 1.00 K/D" fashion.

Suddenly, magic. As I find my perfect spot on the Miami map, I'm beasting and feasting on fools. A 12 kill streak, I've got a chopper inbound thanks to a lucky care package roll, I'm listening to rage quitters in chat and ... **CONNECTION HAS BEEN LOST**

#AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Games hate me, they really do.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:16 PM   #838
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Quote:
PGA Tour 2K21

For anybody else who's interested in PGA 2k21, it's 50% off for a Steam key through Humble Bundle right now ($29.99).
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:42 PM   #839
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Fck you Walmart! I had an Xbox Series X in my cart, checked out, put all my info including my credit card info, then submit order and it says sorry your item is out of stock.

Why have a cart if I'm not allowed to purchase what I put in the motherfkcer!

/rant over good day everyone
Old 11-19-2020, 03:44 PM   #840
Thomkal
Head Coach

Boo Walmart!
Old 11-19-2020, 03:47 PM   #841
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Fck you Walmart! I had an Xbox Series X in my cart, checked out, put all my info including my credit card info, then submit order and it says sorry your item is out of stock.

Why have a cart if I'm not allowed to purchase what I put in the motherfkcer!

/rant over good day everyone

I've had that happen at Walmart twice and PS Direct once.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:53 PM   #842
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've had that happen at Walmart twice and PS Direct once.

Very frustrating.. hey let's build 10 consoles and sell 1 about every 5 days.

I know demand is super high for both consoles but these damn internet bots are snatching many of them I'm sure.

Hey Microsoft how about rewarding your XBL members.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:56 PM   #843
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's super hard to grab any kind of drops right now. Bots are destroying the internet. Just a long line of L's at every contested release. Good luck scoring limited Kobe's or Jordan Retros.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:01 PM   #844
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, it's mad rush for both consoles. I got a PS5 order on the midnight of pre-order day, but at the time it dropped on Best Buy (day before pre-order day) it immediately sold out. I was following a thread on reddit which alerted me that BB had some more at midnight. But the site kept glitching - at about the 50th time of hitting "Confirm Order" it finally went through and that's how I got mine.

You have to hit the websites at just the right time and probably have to deal with a lot of error messages to secure one.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:04 PM   #845
stevew
Hall Of Famer

you have to have your wallet reloaded, and probably want to use multiple devices/accounts in order to have a better chance of getting something.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:09 PM   #846
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah I had a phone and pc going, thought I got one on my phone.. had some errors but finally let me put in my info and cc info.. said, woo hoo honey I got one, hit submit and "out of stock".
Old 11-19-2020, 04:40 PM   #847
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Yeah, it's mad rush for both consoles. I got a PS5 order on the midnight of pre-order day, but at the time it dropped on Best Buy (day before pre-order day) it immediately sold out. I was following a thread on reddit which alerted me that BB had some more at midnight. But the site kept glitching - at about the 50th time of hitting "Confirm Order" it finally went through and that's how I got mine.

You have to hit the websites at just the right time and probably have to deal with a lot of error messages to secure one.

Yeah I am resigned to waiting until mid next year when they are more easily bought without third party sellers selling them for $1000 each. I read that Sony is telling a fair amount of preorderers they may not get their PS5’s u til we’ll into 2021 too.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:49 PM   #848
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

There are few bugs as well (so far mine just has some slightly louder than expected fan noise - but that could be because reviewers were selling it as whisper quiet so it was strange to be able to hear a fan when listening real close), so at the least that'll be worked out by then.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:40 PM   #849
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Creeper World 4 coming December 3rd: Creeper World 4 Trailer - YouTube
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:55 PM   #850
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Got my PS5 yesterday.

1. Astro's Playroom is a lot of fun. It's just a tech demo that lasts 3-4 hour at the most, but my kids keep playing it over and over again. I think it's a given that Sony brings an Astro full game in the near future.

2. Love the speed on the game loads. Only downfall is that if you're playing a PS4 game, you don't have time to read the tips on the loading screens because they go away so quickly.

3. Haven't seen much of the 'Plus' versions of the PS4 games yet, but maybe that's one of those things that's still to come.