Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #751
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Then during the games, your Assistant should be giving you observations that he notices such as players used to a faster tempo.. or they are missing too many easy passes (signifying a slower tempo is needed), or such that you can then slowly use to incorporate into your tactics if you see them as a repeatable thing.

I'm such an FM noob, that I have a question about this. Does anyone else have a problem that when the suggestions are made at the top of the screen that they scroll by so fast I rarely ever have an opportunity to make changes to address them? Seems you have about 3 seconds and they're gone.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #752
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
I'm such an FM noob, that I have a question about this. Does anyone else have a problem that when the suggestions are made at the top of the screen that they scroll by so fast I rarely ever have an opportunity to make changes to address them? Seems you have about 3 seconds and they're gone.

I'll sometimes pause the game and click on the screen to look at the suggestions and see what I might be interested in changing. I don't always make the changes recommended. For example in the 12th minute, it's a bit to early to tell me that we need to retain possession better against a club that we are better than when we've each had scoring chances or somesuch.

THat also helps me to go back adn check out what was recommend earlier and see if I want to add that in too.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #753
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I also will pause the game at times, or if I miss one, I'll go to the assistant report to see what is said there, usually the same advice is given there as well. (I change it from being overall game to just last 15 minutes).

Like Abe, I don't make every change they suggest, but it helps me understand better what is happening during the game as I only watch key hilights and not the entire game.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:51 AM   #754
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I don't mind needing to understand what type of tactic my coach is running, I just wish he could choose the tactic and then I could go research it. I feel like it could be handled with some kind of meeting when either I am hired or I hire a new coach. He could ask a small series of questions about what type of team I'd like to see which could then lead him to pick a tactic and assign my players to the positions and roles. Then I could read up on that specific tactic and understand what it's trying to accomplish (would be even awesomer if this could be in-game but I don't mind hitting the internet for that).

There's actually been a lot of discussion in the SI Tactics forum about this, including key moderators (including the guy involved in the creation of the current Tactic Creator), of some sort of mechanism you'd be able to "test" a tactic you made and get realistic feedback about it, in-game.

So, you'd create a tactic, then get it "analyzed" or something and the engine would spit things back at you like "Your forwards are going to be isolated, suggest you do X instead."

This would be in keeping with some of the other changes they've made to tactics such as a) going to named roles (and more and more of them) and b) getting rid of sliders.

So, keep your hopes up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I'm pretty sure there aren't any. You can pick whichever tactic you want with no penalty.

This is 100% correct.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #755
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
2) The entire 'during the games' process is exactly what I don't want to do. Even if you told me 'look you need to figure out on your own what tactic to set up' I'd probably be ok with that, but then when I need to micro-manage that tactic during each game based on what I see the little stick men doing I'm totally lost. I don't mind watching the stick-men, but I want my coach to figure out if they are doing the right things or if the tactic needs tweaking based on what's happening on the pitch.

Basically I want to be a GM, not a coach. Give me faith that if I have a good coach and I provide him with good players then things should trend positively. I don't get the impression that FM can let me be that hands off if I want any hope of succeeding.

I will say this (in anecdotal support) of your general point ... the biggest different in the wins/losses performance of my low level club this season vs previous season seems to be an incredible (to me) amount of in game micromanagement.

Tweaking something like how we're targeting crosses (low or high), watching the same player miss shots off corners but changing the targeting and scoring on the very next corner, adjusting passing styles based on performance after even 20-30 minutes, etc.

Those things very much feel like the difference between a 16 match unbeaten streak vs a middling club.

That said though, while it does feel very micromanage-y, it's probably not as much so as doing it based on what I'm seeing as opposed to trying to parse the opponent heavily beforehand and make those adjustments be where I start the match in the first place. I'm simply not that smart about it. I don't put a whole lot of time into trying to figure out why X isn't working in a given match, I simply try to react in some rational fashion to whatever isn't (or is) and change that.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #756
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
If you have an in-game message go away before you can react to it, if you click the 'chat' icon in the upper right, you'll see those messages, and be able to react to them.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 07-11-2014 at 11:01 AM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #757
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I also will pause the game at times

I'm sure glad you said that, I was starting to worry that the in-game pause option had been removed between FM12 & FM14 or something.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #758
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
If you have an in-game message go away before you can react to it, if you click the 'chat' icon in the upper right, you'll see those messages, and be able to react to them.

Also, you can change the length that they appear. I was having the same problem at first.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #759
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Or you can ignore your assistant, which is generally the smartest thing to do.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #760
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
There's actually been a lot of discussion in the SI Tactics forum about this, including key moderators (including the guy involved in the creation of the current Tactic Creator), of some sort of mechanism you'd be able to "test" a tactic you made and get realistic feedback about it, in-game.

So, you'd create a tactic, then get it "analyzed" or something and the engine would spit things back at you like "Your forwards are going to be isolated, suggest you do X instead."

This would be in keeping with some of the other changes they've made to tactics such as a) going to named roles (and more and more of them) and b) getting rid of sliders.

So, keep your hopes up!

This is 100% correct.

This would actually be pretty cool. Even without the "suggest" bit.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #761
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'm sure glad you said that, I was starting to worry that the in-game pause option had been removed between FM12 & FM14 or something.

I pause the game all the time to look at stuff and take the time to make a decision on tactics or subs. I just hate missing out on something happening on the pitch.

FM
Old 07-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #762
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Or you can ignore your assistant, which is generally the smartest thing to do.

Plus one billion.

When your assman suggests that you need to do better at keeping possession 5 minutes into the damn game it just makes me want to scream.

I had my assistant doing player instructions but stopped and sure enough it has helped. Part of that is because instead of just dabbling with tactics I really took a look at my Millwall squad and tried to design a tactic based on their particular skills (or lack thereof). It's worked well for the most part -- a 4 5 1 with support and service coming from the right side of the pitch and cutting inside forward and a good complete wingback on the left to provide targets for them.

Took FOREVER for them to get good at it though. Finally had to take control of training as well. Not as daunting as I thought it would be.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:08 PM   #763
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Plus one billion.

When your assman suggests that you need to do better at keeping possession 5 minutes into the damn game it just makes me want to scream.

Or they tell you that and possession is very near 50/50.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #764
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I've been constantly getting 2 dubious messages:

1 "We are being over-run in midfield!" Really? So 65% possession isn't good enough to win?

2 "You should put men at the posts on corners." And how would that help? Since the team has not allowed ONE SINGLE goal off a corner in 25+ games, what is the issue?

This is one of the biggest gripes I have with FM -- bad advice from the staff. Just before the Xmas break, the AssMan said, "The team captain must be changed!" So I saved, changed him and watched half the team get royally pissed off. Reloaded, of course, but WTF SI?

Or the AssMan warning that I needed to pick a backup tactic just before the season started. All that did was prevent the team from getting to Fluid in the only tactic I needed to play. Gave up on that game.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #765
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah - I get the "you're being overrun in midfield" message too - and meanwhile I'm going 38-0-0. Just sitting there shaking my head.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #766
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I have been searching for team total stats in a simple form that will allow me to compare my team to the league. Possession %, passes taken and completed, tackles, headers, etc. The kind of numerical analysis OOTP and FOF and Fast Break display at a click?

Where is this hidden in FM?
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
Old 07-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #767
PilotMan
Head Coach

We we finished our 4 game run against Linfield. They successfully knocked us out of both tournaments. After coming from 3 down in the first game we lost 0-1 and 1-3 then 2-2 in the home part of the All-Ireland and lost on aggregate. I hate them. It's almost not fair as they have so much more money spent on their team. It's a true David and Goliath.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-11-2014 at 08:22 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:18 AM   #768
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

What's the collective wisdom on playing MLS (unmodded) in FM 2014? Is it recognizable, stable, workable, long term career kind of thing? Or is the odd (by int'l standards) structure still problematic?

And, if it's as good as it can be gotten, is there actually much fun to be had in doing so? Is there enough "there" there for something that's engaging?
Old 07-12-2014, 05:31 AM   #769
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
I've been constantly getting 2 dubious messages:

1 "We are being over-run in midfield!" Really? So 65% possession isn't good enough to win?

2 "You should put men at the posts on corners." And how would that help? Since the team has not allowed ONE SINGLE goal off a corner in 25+ games, what is the issue?

This is one of the biggest gripes I have with FM -- bad advice from the staff. Just before the Xmas break, the AssMan said, "The team captain must be changed!" So I saved, changed him and watched half the team get royally pissed off. Reloaded, of course, but WTF SI?

Or the AssMan warning that I needed to pick a backup tactic just before the season started. All that did was prevent the team from getting to Fluid in the only tactic I needed to play. Gave up on that game.

When I was playing a 4-3-3 I would get the overrun in the midfield message alot. It didn't matter since my game was designed to handle that. I think a message like that could be important for someone that is trying to understand their tactics better especially if their current tactic can't handle being overrun in the midfield. In the end the message is a pretty generic way of simply saying that you only have x number of players in your midfield compared to your opponent though. For those experienced with tactics, they probably already know that though.

For the backup tactic warning. This might just be anecdotal, I find if I just copy my main tactic three times, it seems to help them get fluid with it faster. Plus I don't get that annoying message.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #770
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
We we finished our 4 game run against Linfield. They successfully knocked us out of both tournaments. After coming from 3 down in the first game we lost 0-1 and 1-3 then 2-2 in the home part of the All-Ireland and lost on aggregate. I hate them. It's almost not fair as they have so much more money spent on their team. It's a true David and Goliath.

WE DID IT!

8 Seasons in Northern Ireland and we've finally won the Danske Premiere Championship! It only too 600 or so game hours to get there! Finally! I played a little Queen while the boys celebrated. What a relief.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #771
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

grats Pilotman. now to conquer the champions league
Old 07-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #772
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
WE DID IT!

8 Seasons in Northern Ireland and we've finally won the Danske Premiere Championship! It only too 600 or so game hours to get there! Finally! I played a little Queen while the boys celebrated. What a relief.

Yeah baby!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #773
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
WE DID IT!

Nice, congrats
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #774
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
When I was playing a 4-3-3 I would get the overrun in the midfield message alot. It didn't matter since my game was designed to handle that. I think a message like that could be important for someone that is trying to understand their tactics better especially if their current tactic can't handle being overrun in the midfield. In the end the message is a pretty generic way of simply saying that you only have x number of players in your midfield compared to your opponent though. For those experienced with tactics, they probably already know that though.

For the backup tactic warning. This might just be anecdotal, I find if I just copy my main tactic three times, it seems to help them get fluid with it faster. Plus I don't get that annoying message.

You are likely right about the message. Good tip about copying the main tactic. I'll give that a try next season.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #775
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I tried FMC and hated it. Loved the training and staff streamline, but I never felt like I impacted anything outside of a main tactic and adding players. I like to see how guys respond in big games and to different situations - and I felt like I had no way to know how morale changed (outside of winning and losing). I also never felt like I knew whether a new player was struggling to adapt, didn't fit the role well or just wasn't very good if their performance wasn't up to par.

So, I guess I will deal with manually handling training and some stupid press conferences if it helps me feel like I am actually running the team.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:44 AM   #776
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Great "Crossing the FOFC Streams" moment at the WSOP.. no, none of us are in the last 35 or so players.. but.. between poker and FM14, we're covered.

Let's Talk Some Football Manager
Posted 1 hour and 45 minutes ago Happy_Freaked • Level 29: 50,000-100,000, 10,000 ante SHARE
Andoni Larrabe, sporting his Athletic Bilbao jersey underneath his hoodie
Andoni Larrabe, sporting his Athletic Bilbao jersey underneath his hoodie
"Is that Madrid or Bilbao?" Craig McCorkell just asked Andoni Larrabe, after he just got moved to this table.

"Athletic Bilbao," Larrabe proudly responded, as he's been supporting his Primera Division club all day.

"Are you Basque?" McCorkell continued.

"Yes, and where are you from?" Larrabe asked.

"I'm from London," McCorkell responded.

"How do you know Athletic?" Larrabe asked next.

"I played a season with them on Football Manager," McCorkell said, as Felix Stephensen's ears perked up.

"How did you do?" a very surprising Larrab responded.

"I was so s*** with them," McCorkell laughed.

"What a great topic!" Stephensen chimed in, as the Europeans at the table had a very casually chat about their favorite sport and video games.

After the remaining players made a big pay jump to $230,487 the atmosphere in the room seems to have taken a turn to the lighter side, because for now this secondary feature table is very much focused on sharing some good old Football Manager stories.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:22 AM   #777
cougarfreak
College Starter

Just an FYI, someone mentioned the book Inverting the Pyramid in this thread. It's on sale at amazon on kindle for$2.99
Old 07-14-2014, 07:32 AM   #778
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Just an FYI, someone mentioned the book Inverting the Pyramid in this thread. It's on sale at amazon on kindle for$2.99

Nice, thanks.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:36 AM   #779
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I've also been wanting to read Soccernomics and guess I will now as it is also $2.99.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #780
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Nice - thanks!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:20 AM   #781
cougarfreak
College Starter

I picked up soccernomics as well. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:38 AM   #782
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I picked up both as well - had been wanting to read them for a while. Thanks for the heads up cougarfreak & vex!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #783
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

It might be time to fire all of my physios.

Rosicky, Wilshere, Ozil, Arteta, Walcott and Gibbs all out with injury and Flamini suspended another game thanks to a red card. That is going to make my midfield pretty thin for the next game against West Ham...

Maybe it is time to work out a 5 - 1 - 4 formation

Old 07-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #784
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Anyone know of a good robust alternate universe US league out there for FM14?

I found what I was looking for. People at the sigames forum had been waiting for someone to adapt an old FM12 file to FM14 and finally was released today. It's a pyramid style US league to 9 levels. It's an alternate universe, so traditional American rules (i.e. draft) do not apply.

Sports Interactive Community

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 07-20-2014 at 06:18 PM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:39 AM   #785
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

FM 14 vs FM 12 questions ...

1) Is the media interaction waaaay more intense in the latest edition or is that just a quirk of coaching in South Korea? (It seems like I'm basically being actively trolled by them at this point)

2) The ball seems to be played in the air almost constantly in my first FM14 go, in SK. Is that a play style in the nation thing or is it a more aerial game (in terms of highlights shown) everywhere? I've never seen this much passing via the air in my entire FM life.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #786
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
FM 14 vs FM 12 questions ...

1) Is the media interaction waaaay more intense in the latest edition or is that just a quirk of coaching in South Korea? (It seems like I'm basically being actively trolled by them at this point)

2) The ball seems to be played in the air almost constantly in my first FM14 go, in SK. Is that a play style in the nation thing or is it a more aerial game (in terms of highlights shown) everywhere? I've never seen this much passing via the air in my entire FM life.

I made the same transition you did last year. There is more media interaction in 14, and I have noticed that when a reporter doesn't like you, they will take liberties with your statements. I don't recall that happening to me in 12.

I also noticed that when you put in an order for more balls in the air, it looks different than it did in 12. I don't know that the outcome is any different, but I think they added a visual cue so that you can see that your players are putting the ball up higher.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #787
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:

I ended up picking this up and have read the first 2 chapters. I have absolutely zero knowledge of soccer outside of the world cups I've watched (98 to now), yet so far the book is pretty interesting. I love the way British people craft their words, they are so much more eloquent
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #788
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I also noticed that when you put in an order for more balls in the air, it looks different than it did in 12. I don't know that the outcome is any different, but I think they added a visual cue so that you can see that your players are putting the ball up higher.

Ah, okay, that actually makes sense. This group does often have "float crosses" set, so visually perhaps they're showing me more balls in the air (just in normal midfield play) to help illustrate that.

Cool I suppose ... but weird looking.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #789
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I had a great time raising Foggia from D to C in Italy. Found a tactic that made solid defensive sense (Crissy P&C, if I remember) lots of close 1-0 and 2-1 wins. For the first time I felt FM was close to realistic.

So I get promoted, don't renew the contracts of 14 bad players and look to strengthen with free signings for the next season. Except agent fees, small as they are, need to come out transfer funds and the Board has given me nothing and won't talk about an adjustment. I'm at 32k per week out off 55k weekly budget. So I can't even sign players on a free. They blocking me signing a Goalie and my old one won't come back on loan again.

BS to that, this is my last shot at FM. What a waste. I had no idea this agent fee silliness --as in annoying detail-- would stop me cold.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #790
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I had a great time raising Foggia from D to C in Italy. Found a tactic that made solid defensive sense (Crissy P&C, if I remember) lots of close 1-0 and 2-1 wins. For the first time I felt FM was close to realistic.

So I get promoted, don't renew the contracts of 14 bad players and look to strengthen with free signings for the next season. Except agent fees, small as they are, need to come out transfer funds and the Board has given me nothing and won't talk about an adjustment. I'm at 32k per week out off 55k weekly budget. So I can't even sign players on a free. They blocking me signing a Goalie and my old one won't come back on loan again.

BS to that, this is my last shot at FM. What a waste. I had no idea this agent fee silliness --as in annoying detail-- would stop me cold.

Just reload an old save?
Old 07-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #791
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Well - in my Bilbao save I've moved on.

Accepted the job at Arsenal before the 2015/2016 season. They've finished 3rd (by 2 pts) and 2nd (by 9pts) in the last 2 seasons, so my goal will be to get them "over the hump" to the crown.

Sold
Hector Moreno to Shakhtar - $35m
Theo Walcott to Monaco - $34.5m
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to Man U - $40m

Brought In
Didier Drogba from Sevilla (yes even at 37 he can still play) - $2.7m
Paulo Dybala from Palermo (thanks FIFA) - $7.25m
Sokratis Papastathopolous from Dortmund - $11.25m
Jorge Enriquez from Liverpool- $9m
Nemanja Matic from Bayern- Loan
Edinson Cavani from PSG- Loan (option to buy for $20m)
Bernard from Shakhtar - 30m
Old 07-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #792
britrock88
Pro Starter

Can you not allocate a portion of your wage budget into your transfer kitty?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:00 AM   #793
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I found what I was looking for. People at the sigames forum had been waiting for someone to adapt an old FM12 file to FM14 and finally was released today. It's a pyramid style US league to 9 levels. It's an alternate universe, so traditional American rules (i.e. draft) do not apply.

Thanks for posting this. I'd been messing around with FM14 setups trying to get something to stick, and I think this is going to do it finally. I edited one of the tiny North Carolina teams in the worst "Appalachian" league to be from my home town and took them over and have gotten through a few months and am enjoying it.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:30 AM   #794
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You realize it says it right there on the righthand side of the contract screen when you're picking the terms, right?

It's not FM's fault you didn't read that.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #795
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Thanks for posting this. I'd been messing around with FM14 setups trying to get something to stick, and I think this is going to do it finally. I edited one of the tiny North Carolina teams in the worst "Appalachian" league to be from my home town and took them over and have gotten through a few months and am enjoying it.

I applied for and got a job at my hometown's football club. It was a late-season hire and they brought me in to avoid regulation. One month later, I was sacked. Turns out they were only an amateur team in a higher level league. They didn't stand a chance against the semi-pro and pro teams in the league.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #796
booradley
High School Varsity

Noob here. Is there a way I can just observe matches play out for a while (graphically) until such time as I am ready to take over a club?
Old 07-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #797
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Noob here. Is there a way I can just observe matches play out for a while (graphically) until such time as I am ready to take over a club?

Not that I am aware of but I would love for that to be possible.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #798
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Woot - cut rate Frank Ribery added to my (new) Arsenal team. Even at the age of 32 in 2016 he's a hell of a player - and for $8mil it was a no-brainer.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #799
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post

Yeah, when you see a fixture list and it says "Bayern v Man Utd" (for example) if you click on the "v" it'll change to "attend" and you'll see the game play out when it happens. I think it'll only let you attend one game per day.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #800
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:

The big issue I have with this file is that the author who adapted this from FM12 added a level 9 division filled completely with Kentucky clubs (he's from Kentucky). This adaption was originally intended for his own personal use, but because there seemed to be a demand for a league like this, he released it as is.