Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-25-2024, 09:56 AM   #851
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah this judge doesn't fool around-hope he lets her sit in jail for a night or two
Old 01-25-2024, 11:54 AM   #852
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
A young Trump supporter was kicked out of Trump's victory celebration after he posted a picture of himself and Alina Habba at the party.

Earlier that day Habba had told a judge she was sick and needed to take precautions after a covid exposure so the trial was postponed. I can't wait to hear what the judge says about this.

I saw it was a staffer.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 11:55 AM   #853
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Navarro gets 4 months. I’m sure he’ll be on the bannnon timeline.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:05 PM   #854
Schmidty
Coordinator

I was listening to NPR this morning, as I do most mornings, and noticed something. They never seem to refer to Biden’s policies and decisions as Biden’s policies and decisions. They refer to it as the “Biden Administration’s” policies and decisions. Then I was thinking back to Obama and Trump and from what I remember, media of all types didn’t do the same thing nearly as often.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:08 PM   #855
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Would love it if she just drops out and doesn't endorse him, but she will likely kiss the ring anyway. between tim scott and her, not sure which has been more humiliated more. it would be great if both were out of SC politics along with graham

And McMaster, and Mace, and Timmons... alas...
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 12:09 PM   #856
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Navarro gets 4 months. I’m sure he’ll be on the bannnon timeline.

defense tried to say he had accepted responsibility for his crime and should get a reduction in time when he has never to date accepted any responsibilty for what he did. And he won't have biden to pardon him. hope they can use this as a guideline when bannon gets sentenced for this.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:10 PM   #857
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
And McMaster, and Mace, and Timmons... alas...

yeah sadly we have a lot of MAGA lunatics here in SC
Old 01-25-2024, 08:22 PM   #858
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump mad Haley won't conceded and is pushing the RNC to just name him the nominee is on brand, funny, and ironic at the same time.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 10:40 PM   #859
RainMaker
General Manager

It's kind of insane that no reporters are asking Trump or Haley about their connections to Boeing.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 10:09 AM   #860
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It's kind of insane that no reporters are asking Trump or Haley about their connections to Boeing.

Do you think it would make a difference or matter to anyone?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 03:09 PM   #861
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Outside of a few select outlets, the 4th estate is dead. No one's going to ask questions that would threaten their access.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 07:12 PM   #862
Atocep
Coordinator

After seeing Trump on the campaign trail the past couple weeks I'm 100% with Joe Scarborough that Trump's team is keeping him away from the debate stage to hide his decline. He's lost a few steps from 2015-16.

Confusing Haley with Pelosi is the most obvious case and one that's not easy to explain away like they have with the Obama/Biden mixups. He's definitely slurring his words more often and sometimes struggles to speak. He's not as bad as they make Biden out to be, but he's definitely not the same guy that entered the white house.
Old 01-29-2024, 05:26 AM   #863
Edward64
Head Coach

Interesting thought process. I don't agree with his chances but I'd be happy if there was a "real" third party threat to actually win the presidency. But probably won't really be a real threat but more of just hurting Joe more than Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/28/polit...els/index.html
Quote:
Sen. Joe Manchin says he “absolutely” can see himself as president.

Privately, the West Virginia Democrat has told people that a Joe Biden health scare or a Donald Trump conviction could give him an opening to run as an independent this year.

In public, during stops in states such as New Hampshire, South Carolina and Georgia, Manchin says he believes there’s a role for him as a national icon in the “fiscally responsible and socially compassionate” middle, comparable with the role Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders plays for the progressive left.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-29-2024 at 05:27 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 10:33 AM   #864
miami_fan
Coordinator

The U.S. will never have just a "real" third party. We have seen it is much easier to just take over one of the existing parties with a coalition of single issue voters. If there ever was a decision to move beyond D's and R's, I think it is much more likely that we have four or five "real" parties in addition to those two parties based on those single issues.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 10:37 AM   #865
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I saw a game-theory explanation of why the US system does not allow a third party to thrive long term. I forget the ins and outs, but the short of it is that it is always more rational to divide into two groups. Even when you have an issue like slavery that temporarily creates a new party, you quickly end up back with two survivors.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 10:40 AM   #866
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola: I think that at this point, Haley's best bet is to just keep attacking Trump gloves off style. If she's got the Koch money behind her, she can keep going as long as she likes. And her only chance is if he basically becomes incapacitated, and considering how he's responding to her, there's a better chance of that if she keeps being one of his stressors.
Old 01-29-2024, 04:08 PM   #867
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

She does have the potential of leading the post-MAGA GOP after a Trump loss, but to do that she has to be courageous enough to never endorse and I doubt she'll hold out.
Old 01-30-2024, 03:21 PM   #868
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Interesting interview from Penn Jillette on why he is no longer a Libertarian and his view of Trump.
https://www.cracked.com/amp/article_...t-all-out.html
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 03:51 PM   #869
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Interesting interview from Penn Jillette on why he is no longer a Libertarian and his view of Trump.
https://www.cracked.com/amp/article_...t-all-out.html

His observation that Trump has never made or laughed at a joke and tying a sense of humor to empathy is interesting.
Old 01-30-2024, 04:08 PM   #870
GrantDawg

Thought so as well. It is believable.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2024, 10:16 AM   #871
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 01-31-2024, 10:32 AM   #872
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
After seeing Trump on the campaign trail the past couple weeks I'm 100% with Joe Scarborough that Trump's team is keeping him away from the debate stage to hide his decline. He's lost a few steps from 2015-16.

Confusing Haley with Pelosi is the most obvious case and one that's not easy to explain away like they have with the Obama/Biden mixups. He's definitely slurring his words more often and sometimes struggles to speak. He's not as bad as they make Biden out to be, but he's definitely not the same guy that entered the white house.

At least Trump isn't having Mitch McConnell-level freeze-ups yet.

Last edited by Kodos : 01-31-2024 at 01:27 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 10:34 AM   #873
molson
General Manager

If we get debates in the general election they're going to be bonkers.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 10:36 AM   #874
GrantDawg

I can't stand Cowherd, but this time he is dead on. Unfortunately I don't believe that is his real opinion. I don't think he has real opinions. He just puts out whatver will piss people off the most to drive clicks/gain attention. Cowherd, Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, I would rather listen to static than any of those morons.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:39 PM   #875
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 01-31-2024, 02:23 PM   #876
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

You should go to predictit, bet on Trump, and double your money: PredictIt
Old 01-31-2024, 03:55 PM   #877
Thomkal
Head Coach

i'll see your polls and raise you Rainmaker;

https://twitter.com/SimonWDC/status/1752800977587929236

in other words too close to tell if there's a trend or not
Old 01-31-2024, 04:04 PM   #878
molson
General Manager

Get your bets in before Taylor Swift makes her endorsement.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:24 PM   #879
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think as it becomes a more binary choice between the two, people are just going to find the constant crazy of a Trump presidency too exhausting.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:35 PM   #880
GrantDawg

It isn't going to be binary. I don't think Robert Kennedy is going to pull 20%+ like he is in some polls, but he is going to hit close to 5%. Maybe a little more. With these margins, it will be significant.

Old 01-31-2024, 04:40 PM   #881
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
i'll see your polls and raise you Rainmaker;

https://twitter.com/SimonWDC/status/1752800977587929236

in other words too close to tell if there's a trend or not

I've seen some stats folks talk about how Trump winning the popular vote and Biden winning the EC is a distinct possibility. Honestly, that would be the funniest outcome.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:41 PM   #882
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm very curious to see where RFK ends up. He's been pretty quiet and running a baffling campaign. But polls have shown he hurts Trump more than Biden.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:49 PM   #883
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Fair point on RFK but I feel like he would get a lot of never trumper types. I think very few Ds or Is vote him.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:03 PM   #884
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Get your bets in before Taylor Swift makes her endorsement.

If Taylor Swift were to enter the race i bet she would get more than a few electoral votes.

BTW she turns 35 this year.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 01-31-2024 at 05:03 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 05:17 PM   #885
Kodos
Resident Alien

Erm...
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 05:46 PM   #886
GrantDawg

"Fair point on RFK but I feel like he would get a lot of never trumper types. I think very few Ds or Is vote him."
It seems like the polls agree, but the Trump financial supporters don't. Tim Mellon, who has given $20 million to Trump's Super Pac just gave $15 million to RFK Jr. Super Pac. All of his money is coming from the Right.

Old 01-31-2024, 06:13 PM   #887
RainMaker
General Manager

Mellon is a moron trust fund baby. A lot of those folks just throw away money on garbage candidates because they are inherently dumb.
Old 01-31-2024, 07:17 PM   #888
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I've seen some stats folks talk about how Trump winning the popular vote and Biden winning the EC is a distinct possibility. Honestly, that would be the funniest outcome.

That would be damn scary for this country if after everything Trump has put it through since leaving office, more people would vote for him.
Old 01-31-2024, 07:24 PM   #889
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That would be damn scary for this country if after everything Trump has put it through since leaving office, more people would vote for him.

There's actually another path to the "winning the popular vote": his vote total could be lower than 4 yrs ago BUT Biden's could be even more lower.

I'm not predicting that outcome mind you (I'm convinced he has no chance of winning, due to the "Hillary effect"), just tossing as a possible path
Old 02-01-2024, 02:40 PM   #890
GrantDawg

This is some cynical but probably good political strategy right here. Adam Schiff is running ads claiming that Steve Garvey, a far-right Republican, is a "leading candidate" in attempt to boost him in the race. He is actually fighting for second with Katie Porter, and Schiff doesn't want to face Porter in a run-off. He would kill Garvey head-to-head. Personally I was disappointed Schiff ran. I was hoping Katie would breeze into the Senate. Heck, I would love to make her and her white-board President and Vice President.
Old 02-01-2024, 03:00 PM   #891
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Holy crap, that IS "that" Steve Garvey.

I'd completely forgotten he was in politics now.
Old 02-01-2024, 03:09 PM   #892
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Holy crap, that IS "that" Steve Garvey.

I'd completely forgotten he was in politics now.
No kidding. I was surprised as well.
Old 02-01-2024, 04:27 PM   #893
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Sure seems like the GOP is moving to an agreement that states have a right to secede.
Old 02-01-2024, 05:39 PM   #894
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
There's actually another path to the "winning the popular vote": his vote total could be lower than 4 yrs ago BUT Biden's could be even more lower.

I'm not predicting that outcome mind you (I'm convinced he has no chance of winning, due to the "Hillary effect"), just tossing as a possible path

This seems to be the analysis I've seen. That both Trump and Biden would receive less votes and voter turnout will be down considerably. Biden would see his margins in blue states like California, New York, and Illinois shrink significantly. It's not enough to put any of those states remotely in play, but even a couple percentage point shift in a high-population state is a lot toward the popular vote tally.

There's also a belief that he'll lose Nevada due to demographic shifts. And Michigan is in deep trouble due to its high Arab population.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:45 AM   #895
GrantDawg

January gets another job report way above what was expected, nearly twice as high as projections. Wages are up 4.5% over last year as well. With consumer confidence also getting higher and higher, it is no surprise that polls are trending back toward Biden.

Old 02-02-2024, 08:01 AM   #896
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think the GOP has realized going after Hunter is a losing proposition. I haven't heard a peep about him lately. It's all about the border now.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:28 AM   #897
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
I think the GOP has realized going after Hunter is a losing proposition. I haven't heard a peep about him lately. It's all about the border now.

Yep. Brown people bad. It’s the standard GOP boogeyman ploy
Old 02-02-2024, 11:11 AM   #898
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

They have so few things to campaign on now that the economy is good, abortion rights are more important to women voters than they expected, and they can't find one real impeachable thing on hunter and joe. So its down to the border and making up stuff about how horrible it is. i even saw recent chatter on putting a wall on our northern border too so those dangerous Canadians can't get in.

Last edited by Thomkal : 02-02-2024 at 11:12 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 11:20 AM   #899
molson
General Manager

Gas has been collapsing in price around me. Things seem a lot better at the grocery store too. Those kinds of things are probably the most important factors in this election if they continue.
Old 02-02-2024, 11:46 AM   #900
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Gas has been collapsing in price around me. Things seem a lot better at the grocery store too. Those kinds of things are probably the most important factors in this election if they continue.

I wish I could say the same. Gas was around the $2.70 range and now it's back over $3 bucks.