Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2016, 01:34 AM   #301
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Congrats to UCLA and Kansas for their respective championships!
Old 11-03-2016, 04:32 PM   #302
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2020 Postseason Recap

We know that Kansas won the CBI and UCLA won the NIT, but what about the other 2 tournaments?

The NCAA Final Four saw (1S) North Carolina narrowly defeat (6W) Florida State 64-63. The other semifinal saw (1MW) Baylor beat Cinderella (10E) UAB 79-50. The national championship game saw North Carolina beat Baylor 65-54.

The CIT Championship saw (4) Georgia State beat (10) Cal State Bakersfield 79-77.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #303
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2019-2020 National Awards

Kansas put 1 player on the All-NCAA 2nd Team.

Kentucky put 1 player on the All-NCAA 3rd Team.

2019-2020 Conference Awards

Hartford head coach David Ginsberg was named America East Coach of the Year. Congrats to him. Aside from that, they put 1 player on the America East 1st Team, and 1 player on the America East 2nd Team.

ECU put 1 player on the American All-Freshman Team.

Tulsa put 1 player on the American 2nd Team and 1 player on the American All-Freshman Team.

Davidson put 2 players on the Atlantic 10 1st Team and 2 players on the Atlantic 10 2nd Team.

No awards this season for Clemson.

Duke put 2 players on the ACC 2nd Team.

Kansas had the Big 12 Player of the Year along with putting a player on the Big 12 1st Team and a player on the Big 12 2nd Team.

TCU put 1 player on the Big 12 2nd Team.

No awards this season for Michigan.

Michigan State had the Big Ten Freshman of the Year, as well as putting that player on the Big 10 All-Freshman Team.

No awards this season for Northwestern.

Hawaii put 1 player on the Big West 1st Team.

Charlotte put 1 player on the Conference USA All-Freshman Team.

Rice put 1 player on the Conference USA 2nd Team.

No awards this season for Monmouth. What a raw deal they got.

Norfolk State put 1 player on the MEAC All-Freshman Team.

No awards this season for Colorado.

Stanford put 1 player on the Pac 12 1st Team and 1 player on the Pac 12 All-Freshman Team.

UCLA put 1 player on the Pac 12 2nd Team.

No awards this season for Washington State.

No awards this season for Alabama.

Florida put 1 player on the SEC All-Freshman Team.

Kentucky put 1 player on the SEC 1st Team, and 3 players on the SEC 2nd Team.

No awards this season for Troy.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:45 PM   #304
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2019-2020 Recruiting Class Rankings

Hartford had the 204th best class in the nation, good for 2nd in the America East.

ECU had the 294th best class in the nation, last in the American.

Tulsa had the 261st best class in the nation, good for 9th in the American.

Davidson had the 243rd best class in the nation, good for 12th best in the Atlantic 10.

Clemson had the 269th best class in the nation, good for 14th in the ACC.

Duke had the 84th best class in the nation, good for just 11th best in the ACC.

Kansas had the 97th best class in the nation, good for 7th best in the Big 12.

TCU had the 46th best class in the nation, food for 5th in the Big 12.

Michigan had the 166th best class in the nation, good for 11th best in the Big Ten.

Michigan State had the 111th best class in the nation, good for 9th best in the Big Ten.

Northwestern had the 82nd best class in the nation, good for 6th best in the Big Ten.

Hawaii had the 346th best class in the nation, good for last in the Big West by a wide margin. B.B. Gunn is definitely nearing the end of his time here.

Charlotte had the 124th best class in the nation, good for 5th best in Conference USA.

Rice had the 91st best class in the nation, good for 3rd best in Conference USA.

Monmouth had the 122nd best class in the nation, tops in the MAAC.

Norfolk State had the 140th best class in the nation, good for 4th best in the MEAC.

Colorado had the 8th best class in the nation, tops in the Pac 12.

Stanford had the 49th best class in the nation, good for 7th best in the Pac 12.

UCLA had the 20th best class in the nation, good for 2nd best in the Pac 12.

Washington State had the 90th best class in the nation, good for 8th best in the Pac 12.

Alabama had the 47th best class in the nation, good for 8th best in the SEC.

Florida had the 171st best class in the nation, good for 13th best in the SEC.

Kentucky had the 10th best class in the nation, good for 2nd best in the SEC.

Troy had the 136th best class in the nation, good for 2nd best in the Sun Belt.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:12 PM   #305
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

A little bit of conference movement in this offseason, and our 4 Pac 12 human coaches will have some new competition to deal with, and it's a doozy. USC has been kicked out of the Pac 12, being sent to the West Coast Conference. In their place is..... the Zags of Gonzaga. This will only strengthen the Pac 12 even more and have all our Pac 12 coaches, AI and human controlled alike, shaking their heads.

Now to head coach movement. Remember, I'm going through all the job offers at once, simming to the end of the head coach movement period, but I'm not saving, so you're getting your job offers all at once.

Randolph Childress of Davidson got a whopping 10 offers. Georgia Tech, Penn State, South Carolina, UConn, Georgia, Memphis, New Mexico, SMU, South Florida, and St. Louis all want Randolph's services, and there are some really good schools courting him. He's got a tough decision to make.

Thomas Carrano of Monmouth also got a host of offers. Hofstra, Oakland, Loyola MD, Towson, William and Mary, Middle Tennessee, Murray State, and Northern Kentucky are all offering. Not a lot of big time offers there, although Murray State might be worth taking a look at.

Patrick Hutt of Kentucky got a few offers. Georgia, Georgia Tech, Peen State, South Carolina, and Xavier want Patrick. I sure don't think he's going to go to a school in the same conference when he's dominated at Kentucky. I'd expect him to stay where he's at.

Roy Rogers of Alabama got the exact same offers as Coach Hutt did. Same situation, ditto Roy. He's not going anywhere... I don't think.

Tim Shepard of UCLA got offered by Georgia, Georgia Tech, Penn State, and Xavier. Again, I doubt he'll move, but with the insertion of Gonzaga into the Pac 12, it's possible.

Dave Johnson of Kansas got offers from Georgia, Georgia Tech, South Carolina, and Penn State. I would expect him to stay as well.

So, this is on hold now, until these 6 coaches make a decision. Since I'm going out of town early next week, I'll hold off on starting the next season until I get back, next Wednesday. If I haven't heard from the coaches, they'll stay where they are at.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:33 PM   #306
rjolley
College Starter

Coach Shepard will stay at UCLA and welcome the Zags properly.

Last edited by rjolley : 11-08-2016 at 11:33 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:55 PM   #307
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Wow, 346th in the nation for Hawaii's recruiting class? Kick the coach out!
Old 11-16-2016, 09:40 AM   #308
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Whoo. 8th best class in the nation. Time for a big rebound.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #309
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I am going to wait until Monday to start the next season, because we have some guys that haven't given me an answer on job offers yet.

Also, let's talk scheduling. I'm going to change the way I do scheduling. Everybody that wants to have an input on their schedule for the upcoming season needs to get ahold of me and let me know what kind of non-conf schedule you want. Do you want high prestige opponents, low prestige, a mix? All easy schools, all hard schools? Or if you just don't care either way, let me know too. I'm trying to find a way to make this more interactive for you guys, because I'm just not getting the responses I was hoping for. I'm not sure if some of you guys have stopped following, or just haven't been on the forums in a while or what.

That being said, we do have some non-conference match-ups set for this season. Here's a look at them.

Stanford/Notre Dame
Stanford/North Carolina
Michigan State/Notre Dame
TCU/Tulsa
Hartford/Yale
Hawaii/UNLV
Colorado/Northwestern
Troy/UAB

The following non-conference match-ups need to be confirmed by each coach involved, as they are all FOFC vs. FOFC match-ups. If need be, I will PM the coaches.

Alabama/Michigan
Davidson/Charlotte
UCLA/Duke
UCLA/Kentucky

If anybody has any questions, please PM me. Again, this dynasty will be more successful in the long run if I can get you guys involved and posting, and making decisions about your team. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:29 PM   #310
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Tulsa wants all easy schools. Lets rack up the wins, RPI be damned.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:59 PM   #311
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Tulsa wants all easy schools. Lets rack up the wins, RPI be damned.

Your request is in. You do have that matchup with TCU set in stone though. I'll let you pad your non-conference schedule with the easiest opponents I can find. I'll base it on prestige.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:42 PM   #312
thealmighty
Pro Starter

TCU will take a mix schedule, slight lean to the easier side.

MSU will goeasier schedule. They need some confidence before conference play this season.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #313
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

I'm fine with Hartford getting the schedules they have been, no player input needed.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:03 PM   #314
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
TCU will take a mix schedule, slight lean to the easier side.

MSU will goeasier schedule. They need some confidence before conference play this season.

TCU already has Tulsa on their schedule based on some of the non-conference match-ups we've talked about. I'll give them maybe 1 or 2 top notch opponents out of one of the power conferences, then a couple decent from the better mid-majors, and the rest, I'll fill with teams in the one bid type conferences.

Michigan State has Notre Dame on their schedule already, so that will be their big power conference test. Aside from that, I'll give Michigan State an easier non-conference schedule, try to make it all schools of teams with 30 or lower prestige. But.. if they lose any of those games, Al Mighty might be looking for a new career.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:03 PM   #315
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCorperial View Post
I'm fine with Hartford getting the schedules they have been, no player input needed.

No problem, I'll let the schedule gods play out for Hartford and see what comes up.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:20 PM   #316
rjolley
College Starter

Coach Shepard of UCLA approves of these games.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:00 AM   #317
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Your request is in. You do have that matchup with TCU set in stone though. I'll let you pad your non-conference schedule with the easiest opponents I can find. I'll base it on prestige.

Sounds perfect, thanks!
Old 11-17-2016, 08:03 AM   #318
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Duke wants an easy schedule next season. Ok to the game with UCLA too
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:08 AM   #319
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I'll continue to be ok with whatever schedule is set for Northwestern. And we're also open to any other games against fellow FOFC'ers as we don't see Colorado as much of a challenge.

Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #320
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Duke wants an easy schedule next season. Ok to the game with UCLA too

Great, that game is set. I'll pad the rest of Duke's non-conf schedule with low prestige teams.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:24 AM   #321
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
I'll continue to be ok with whatever schedule is set for Northwestern. And we're also open to any other games against fellow FOFC'ers as we don't see Colorado as much of a challenge.

Ooh, them's fightin words! Does Coach Nielsen have a response? I have my popcorn ready, this could get interesting.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:29 PM   #322
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Coach Nielsen honestly forgot Northwestern was an actual basketball team.

I thought we were signing up for a day spa getaway.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:07 AM   #323
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Roy Rogers is staying at Alabama, Randolph will take the UConn job
Old 11-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #324
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Some news and notes:

I am going to keep Thomas Carrano at Monmouth, since thrnscrrn3 hasn't been on the forums since March. This brings up an interesting question.. when I have a situation like this, when a user hasn't been on the forums in several months, or when a user is not responding to my PMs, should that user have their team taken away and have their coach resign from their team in the game? Or should I just leave it alone and keep it as is? I'd like some input on that.

Same situation with Dave Johnson of Kansas, as dave731 hasn't been on the forums since July. My problem with just removing these coaches from the game is, what if the users come back and want to know what happened to their teams? On the other hand, if they haven't been on the forums in that long, there's a chance they might not come back, and I would have human coached teams with no user to follow them. I really need some advice on this one.

I'm also going to accept the Alabama-Michigan game on behalf of Grover, who hasn't been on the forums in almost a month either.

I have sent a PM to Zinto, who has a decision to make about the UCLA-Kentucky challenge that UCLA offered, as well as a job offer to consider.

Also, the Davidson/Charlotte game has been cancelled, as Davidson coach Randolph Childress is moving to UConn, and it was Davidson that offered the challenge.

I am hoping to get these few items cleared up so that I can start the next season tomorrow..please guys, if anybody has an opinion about users that haven't been on the forums in several months, let me know. And if any other teams want to have an input on their schedule, let me know.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:43 PM   #325
Zinto
College Starter

I will accept the the UCLA game and stay at Kentucky!
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #326
vex
Grizzled Veteran

If it is easier for you to make the write-ups, then drop them.

You might start having a coach check in at the end of each season. Those that don't respond are out.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #327
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Probably drop inactive coaches? It seems a tad unreasonable for someone to not be on the forums for months and expect things to continue for them in an interactive dynasty.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:46 AM   #328
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

thanks to law90026 and vex for their input.

Due to their inactivity on the forums, I am dropping the following users and their coaches:

dave731

Dave Johnson- Kansas
Charles Johnson- Clemson

Grover (this one was tough as of the ones I'm dropping, he is the one that was on the most recent, but it was still a couple weeks before Halloween, so that's over a month.

Timmy Tribble- Charlotte
Cillian Tribble- Michigan

TheRivals40

Noah Oppenheimer- Florida

thrnscrrn3

Thomas Carrano- Monmouth
Payten Carrano- Norfolk State

So that's 7 coaches dropped, which means we'll run this season with 17 human coaches. If any of those coaches come back to the forums and check in with me, they can get their teams back. In the meantime, I will be taking sign-ups for new users and coaches to get involved.

I'm going to get things going this afternoon when I get home from work. Probably won't be much, just some preseason stuff (hotseat ratings, season goals, prestige changes, etc) and then in the next couple days, we'll get the season started. Again, if you want to keep your coach, please check in once in a while. I know some of you probably just read the dynasty, but I would really like everybody to post throughout the season.. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:49 PM   #329
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2020-2021 Hot Seat Ratings and Coach Goals

David Ginsberg (Hartford) -- Cool seat, goal is to finish .500 or better in the America East.

Randolph Childress (UConn) -- As this is a new job for Coach Childress, his seat is average, and the goal is to win the American Championship.

Al Hutt (ECU) -- The seat is quite warm for Coach Hutt, as the board is getting impatient with him. They expect a .500 or better record in the American this season.

Will Brown (Tulsa) -- Average seat for Will, goal is to play in any postseason tournament.

Dean Hoo (Duke) -- Seat is still average for Dean, but the board still expects a Final Four run this season.

Bee Mighty (TCU) -- Seat is average for the Bee, and the goal is still to avoid last place in the Big 12.

Al Mighty (Michigan State) -- Average seat for Al, goal is to reach the Final Four.

Ess Vee (Northwestern) -- The grace period has ran out for Ess after a great first season. The board is getting impatient with him and his seat is warm. The board wants a postseason appearance this season.

B.B. Gunn (Hawaii) -- Despite the petitions and hits on firecoachgunn.com, the board is being patient with B.B. He's still on an average seat, and the goal is still to win the Big West.

Charlie Shocker (Rice) -- Average seat for Charlie, and the boards wants an overall .500 or better record this season.

Rob Nielsen (Colorado) -- Average seat for Rob, the goal is to play in the NCAA Tournament this season.

Benito Sanchez (Stanford) -- Average seat for Benito, and the goal is to compete for the Pac 12 Championship.

Tim Shepard (UCLA) -- The seat is still cool for Tim after winning the , but the board still is looking for that Final Four appearance that has eluded the Bruins. We're talking NCAA Final Four, not NIT Final Four.

DeShawn St. John (Washington State) -- Average seat for DeShawn, goal is to avoid last place in the Pac 12.

Roy Rogers (Alabama) -- Cool seat for Roy, and the board wants to see the Crimson Tide back in the NCAA Tournament.

Patrick Hutt (Kentucky) -- The seat is still cool for Patrick despite the lack of a Final Four appearance in the last couple seasons, but the board expects another one.. and soon.

Brett Hawkins (Troy) -- Average seat for Brett, with the goal being to finish .500 in the Sun Belt.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #330
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Team Prestiges to start 2020-2021 Season

Hartford- 30 (+9 from last season).
UConn- 76 (new team)
ECU- 42 (-1)
Tulsa- 65 (-1)
Duke- 83 (-5)
TCU- 57 (+4)
Michigan State- 88 (No change)
Northwestern- 60 (-1)
Hawaii- 49 (-4)
Rice- 38 (No change)
Colorado- 71 (-2)
Stanford- 84 (-2)
UCLA- 94 (+1, thank you NIT victory)
Washington State- 53 (No change)
Alabama- 82 (+4)
Kentucky- 100 (+1, they have the highest prestige possible now).
Troy- 24 (-1)
Old 11-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #331
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2020 Season Tournaments

Northwestern will be the 5th seed in the 2020 Brooklyn Classic and open up against 4th seed Rhode Island.

Washington State will be the 7th seed in the 2020 Cancun Challenge and will open up against 2nd seed Illinois.

Stanford will be the 2nd seed in the 2020 Corpus Christi Coastal Classic and will open up against 7th seed Wyoming.

Duke will be the 3rd seed in the 2020 Diamond Head Classic and will open up against 6th seed Western Michigan.

Kentucky will be the top seed in the 16 team 2020 Hall of Fame Classic and will open up against 16th seed Alabama State.

Michigan State will be the 2nd seed in the 16 team 2020 Hall of Fame Classic and will open up against 15th seed Rider.

Tulsa will be the 9th seed in the 16 team 2020 Hall of Fame Classic and will open up against 8th seed Saint Mary's.

UConn will be the 3rd seed in the 2020 Hall of Fame Tip-Off and will open up against 6th seed Virginia Tech.

Alabama will be the 2nd seed in the 16 team 2020 Las Vegas Classic and will open up against 15th seed Florida Gulf Coast.

Colorado will be the 3rd seed in the 2020 Las Vegas Invitational, and TCU will be the 6th seed in the 2020 Las Vegas Invitational. They will face off in the First Round.

UCLA will be the top seed in the 2020 Legends Classic and will open up against 8th seed South Dakota State.

Hawaii will be the top seed in the 4 team 2020 Military Classic and will open up against 4th seed Chattanooga.

ECU will be the 10th seed in the 16 team 2020 New York Classic and will open up against 7th seed Stony Brook.

Rice will be the 2nd seed in the 4 team 2020 Ohio Classic and will open up against 3rd seed Eastern Washington.

Hartford will be the 2nd seed in the 4 team 2020 South Carolina Showcase and will open up against 3rd seed St. Francis NY.

Troy will be the 7th seed in the 2020 Wooden Legacy and will open up against 2nd seed Tennessee Tech.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:27 PM   #332
thealmighty
Pro Starter

No tourney for the Frogs? Bee is hoppin' mad.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:52 PM   #333
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
No tourney for the Frogs? Bee is hoppin' mad.

Probably should have done it differently, as Colorado and TCU are set to face each other in the first round of a tournament, so I lumped them in the same group. Here's a look see.

Colorado will be the 3rd seed in the 2020 Las Vegas Invitational, and TCU will be the 6th seed in the 2020 Las Vegas Invitational. They will face off in the First Round.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:00 AM   #334
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Quotes from B.B. Gunn's preseason press conference:

"... and I know that there's... some folks have put together this, um, fan site and saying some things about me. When you are in a prominent position like me, you deal with a lot of crap and this is no different..."

"Am I worried about my job? We talkin' about my job. Not my health. Not my taxes. Not those snotty boys hitting on my daughter at school trying to get some. We talkin' bout my job."

"What bad recruiting class? Listen... we didn't want those so-called blue chippers anyway. You don't want to take your talents to Waikiki Beach? What the hell's wrong with you?"

Last edited by bbgunn : 11-24-2016 at 12:02 AM.
bbgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:31 PM   #335
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Probably should have done it differently, as Colorado and TCU are set to face each other in the first round of a tournament, so I lumped them in the same group. Here's a look see.

Bee went to UT, so reading is not his strong suit.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:15 PM   #336
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Code:
2020-2021 Preseason Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Georgetown (41) 0-0 1759 NR Big East Conference 2. Louisville (14) 0-0 1713 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 3. Oklahoma (17) 0-0 1684 NR Big 12 Conference 4. Baylor 0-0 1543 1 Big 12 Conference 5. Ohio State 0-0 1441 NR Big Ten Conference 6. Villanova 0-0 1418 NR Big East Conference 7. Wisconsin 0-0 1314 11 Big Ten Conference 8. Syracuse 0-0 1274 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. Pittsburgh 0-0 1109 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Iowa State 0-0 1075 9 Big 12 Conference 11. Virginia 0-0 1063 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Georgia 0-0 973 NR Southeastern Conference 13. Creighton 0-0 881 NR Big East Conference 14. Michigan State 0-0 797 NR Big Ten Conference 15. Boise State 0-0 675 16 Mountain West Conference 16. Wichita State 0-0 608 18 Missouri Valley Conference 17. Missouri 0-0 591 NR Southeastern Conference 18. Florida State 0-0 551 24 Atlantic Coast Conference 19. Illinois 0-0 454 NR Big Ten Conference 20. North Carolina 0-0 311 2 Atlantic Coast Conference 21. Buffalo 0-0 280 NR Mid-American Conference 22. San Diego State 0-0 276 NR Mountain West Conference 23. St. John's 0-0 273 NR Big East Conference 24. Miami 0-0 161 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 25. Gonzaga 0-0 156 17 Pacific-12 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Penn State 0-0 142 Big Ten Conference Florida 0-0 120 Southeastern Conference Arizona 0-0 105 Pacific-12 Conference Texas 0-0 79 Big 12 Conference DePaul 0-0 66 Big East Conference Arkansas 0-0 58 Southeastern Conference Vanderbilt 0-0 57 Southeastern Conference BYU 0-0 53 West Coast Conference Iowa 0-0 39 Big Ten Conference Minnesota 0-0 29 Big Ten Conference North Carolina State 0-0 24 Atlantic Coast Conference Colorado 0-0 21 Pacific-12 Conference Indiana 0-0 17 Big Ten Conference Providence 0-0 16 Big East Conference Illinois State 0-0 15 Missouri Valley Conference VCU 0-0 12 Southeastern Conference Northwestern 0-0 11 Big Ten Conference UCLA 0-0 11 Pacific-12 Conference Maryland 0-0 10 Big Ten Conference Marquette 0-0 9 Big East Conference Stanford 0-0 9 Pacific-12 Conference Kentucky 0-0 8 Southeastern Conference Oregon 0-0 8 Pacific-12 Conference Texas Tech 0-0 8 Big 12 Conference Loyola Chicago 0-0 7 Missouri Valley Conference Richmond 0-0 7 Atlantic 10 Conference Washington 0-0 7 Pacific-12 Conference Connecticut 0-0 6 American Athletic Conference Southern Illinois 0-0 6 Missouri Valley Conference Virginia Tech 0-0 6 Atlantic Coast Conference Duke 0-0 5 Atlantic Coast Conference Northern Illinois 0-0 5 Mid-American Conference SMU 0-0 5 American Athletic Conference Alabama 0-0 4 Southeastern Conference California 0-0 4 Pacific-12 Conference Green Bay 0-0 4 Horizon League Arizona State 0-0 3 Pacific-12 Conference Bradley 0-0 3 Missouri Valley Conference Memphis 0-0 3 American Athletic Conference Old Dominion 0-0 3 Conference USA St. Bonaventure 0-0 3 Atlantic 10 Conference New Mexico 0-0 2 Mountain West Conference Texas A&M 0-0 2 Southeastern Conference West Virginia 0-0 2 Big 12 Conference William & Mary 0-0 2 Colonial Athletic Association George Mason 0-0 1 Atlantic 10 Conference Harvard 0-0 1 Ivy League Kansas 0-0 1 Big 12 Conference Saint Mary's 0-0 1 West Coast Conference
Old 11-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #337
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Code:
2020-2021 Preseason Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Boise State (46) 0-0 1767 4 Mountain West Conference 2. Wichita State (15) 0-0 1715 6 Missouri Valley Conference 3. San Diego State (1) 0-0 1563 17 Mountain West Conference 4. Buffalo (8) 0-0 1561 NR Mid-American Conference 5. BYU 0-0 1284 NR West Coast Conference 6. SMU 0-0 835 20 American Athletic Conference 7. Memphis (1) 0-0 749 23 American Athletic Conference 8. Cincinnati 0-0 682 NR American Athletic Conference 9. Illinois State (1) 0-0 659 NR Missouri Valley Conference 10. Toledo 0-0 565 NR Mid-American Conference 11. Connecticut 0-0 541 1 American Athletic Conference 12. Northern Iowa 0-0 532 NR Missouri Valley Conference 13. Davidson 0-0 500 25 Atlantic 10 Conference 14. Dayton 0-0 474 3 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. Richmond 0-0 465 16 Atlantic 10 Conference 16. New Mexico 0-0 373 2 Mountain West Conference 17. Saint Mary's 0-0 347 NR West Coast Conference 18. Akron 0-0 330 NR Mid-American Conference 19. George Washington 0-0 290 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 20. Harvard 0-0 279 10 Ivy League 21. Louisiana Tech 0-0 236 7 Conference USA 22. UNLV 0-0 235 NR Mountain West Conference 23. Indiana State 0-0 201 21 Missouri Valley Conference 24. South Florida 0-0 200 14 American Athletic Conference 25. UAB 0-0 198 NR Conference USA Others Receiving Votes: Massachusetts 0-0 192 Atlantic 10 Conference Pepperdine 0-0 188 West Coast Conference Kent State 0-0 187 Mid-American Conference Middle Tennessee 0-0 187 Conference USA Georgia State 0-0 184 Horizon League UC Santa Barbara 0-0 166 Big West Conference Rhode Island 0-0 152 Atlantic 10 Conference St. Bonaventure 0-0 147 Atlantic 10 Conference Utah State 0-0 147 Mountain West Conference San Diego 0-0 146 West Coast Conference Old Dominion 0-0 145 Conference USA La Salle 0-0 135 Atlantic 10 Conference USC 0-0 132 West Coast Conference Belmont 0-0 131 Ohio Valley Conference Green Bay 0-0 130 Horizon League UC Irvine 0-0 123 Big West Conference Tulsa 0-0 122 American Athletic Conference Temple 0-0 120 American Athletic Conference William & Mary 0-0 117 Colonial Athletic Association Portland 0-0 113 West Coast Conference Saint Joseph's 0-0 109 Atlantic 10 Conference Northeastern 0-0 105 Colonial Athletic Association Colorado State 0-0 99 Mountain West Conference Eastern Michigan 0-0 99 Mid-American Conference Fresno State 0-0 93 Mountain West Conference Yale 0-0 92 Ivy League Mercer 0-0 88 Southern Conference Mississippi State 0-0 87 Atlantic 10 Conference Western Michigan 0-0 85 Mid-American Conference Santa Clara 0-0 78 West Coast Conference UTEP 0-0 78 Conference USA Tulane 0-0 77 American Athletic Conference Murray State 0-0 73 Ohio Valley Conference George Mason 0-0 72 Atlantic 10 Conference Evansville 0-0 71 Missouri Valley Conference Duquesne 0-0 67 Atlantic 10 Conference Drexel 0-0 65 Colonial Athletic Association Saint Louis 0-0 65 Atlantic 10 Conference Loyola Chicago 0-0 64 Missouri Valley Conference Hofstra 0-0 61 Colonial Athletic Association Southern Illinois 0-0 61 Missouri Valley Conference San Francisco 0-0 59 West Coast Conference Northern Illinois 0-0 58 Mid-American Conference Long Beach State 0-0 56 Big West Conference Air Force 0-0 55 Mountain West Conference Bradley 0-0 55 Missouri Valley Conference UCF 0-0 55 American Athletic Conference Princeton 0-0 52 Ivy League East Carolina 0-0 50 American Athletic Conference Illinois Chicago 0-0 49 Horizon League Wyoming 0-0 48 Mountain West Conference Columbia 0-0 47 Ivy League Eastern Illinois 0-0 46 Ohio Valley Conference Bowling Green 0-0 44 Mid-American Conference Louisiana Lafayette 0-0 44 Sun Belt Conference Eastern Kentucky 0-0 43 Ohio Valley Conference SIU Edwardsville 0-0 43 Ohio Valley Conference Fordham 0-0 42 Atlantic 10 Conference Pacific 0-0 41 West Coast Conference Western Illinois 0-0 39 Southland Conference Oakland 0-0 38 Horizon League Chicago State 0-0 35 Western Athletic Conference Iona 0-0 35 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference James Madison 0-0 35 Colonial Athletic Association Southern Miss 0-0 33 Conference USA Radford 0-0 32 Big South Conference VMI 0-0 32 Southern Conference Loyola Marymount 0-0 31 West Coast Conference Norfolk State 0-0 27 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Cleveland State 0-0 25 Horizon League Hampton 0-0 25 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Lehigh 0-0 25 Patriot League Liberty 0-0 23 Big South Conference FIU 0-0 21 Conference USA Longwood 0-0 21 Big South Conference Milwaukee 0-0 21 Horizon League Cal State Fullerton 0-0 20 Big West Conference Eastern Washington 0-0 20 Big Sky Conference Missouri State 0-0 19 Missouri Valley Conference Portland State 0-0 19 Big Sky Conference Seattle 0-0 19 Western Athletic Conference Stephen F. Austin 0-0 19 Summit League Weber State 0-0 19 Big Sky Conference East Tennessee State 0-0 18 Southern Conference Florida Gulf Coast 0-0 18 Atlantic Sun Conference North Carolina Central 0-0 18 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference UMKC 0-0 18 Western Athletic Conference Utah Valley 0-0 18 Western Athletic Conference Dartmouth 0-0 17 Ivy League Holy Cross 0-0 17 Patriot League Manhattan 0-0 17 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Southeast Missouri State 0-0 17 Ohio Valley Conference Southern Utah 0-0 17 Big Sky Conference Tennessee Martin 0-0 17 Ohio Valley Conference Austin Peay 0-0 16 Ohio Valley Conference Boston University 0-0 16 Patriot League Florida Atlantic 0-0 16 Conference USA Chattanooga 0-0 15 Southern Conference Cornell 0-0 15 Ivy League North Florida 0-0 15 Atlantic Sun Conference UMass Lowell 0-0 15 America East Conference Bethune Cookman 0-0 14 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Canisius 0-0 14 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference San Jose State 0-0 14 Mountain West Conference Tennessee Tech 0-0 14 Ohio Valley Conference Charlotte 0-0 13 Conference USA Niagara 0-0 13 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tennessee State 0-0 13 Ohio Valley Conference Albany 0-0 12 America East Conference Cal Poly 0-0 12 Big West Conference Florida A&M 0-0 12 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Drake 0-0 11 Missouri Valley Conference Lipscomb 0-0 11 Atlantic Sun Conference Stony Brook 0-0 11 America East Conference American 0-0 10 Patriot League Army 0-0 10 Patriot League Miami OH 0-0 10 Mid-American Conference UC Davis 0-0 10 Big West Conference Colgate 0-0 9 Patriot League Jacksonville 0-0 9 Atlantic Sun Conference Louisiana Monroe 0-0 9 Sun Belt Conference Cal State Northridge 0-0 8 Big West Conference Marist 0-0 8 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Siena 0-0 7 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Stetson 0-0 7 Atlantic Sun Conference UT Arlington 0-0 7 Sun Belt Conference Delaware 0-0 6 Colonial Athletic Association Nevada 0-0 6 Mountain West Conference St. Francis NY 0-0 6 Northeast Conference UC Riverside 0-0 6 Big West Conference Central Michigan 0-0 5 Mid-American Conference Houston 0-0 5 American Athletic Conference Northwestern State 0-0 5 Southland Conference Wagner 0-0 5 Northeast Conference Hawaii 0-0 4 Big West Conference LIU Brooklyn 0-0 4 Northeast Conference Sacramento State 0-0 4 Big Sky Conference Wofford 0-0 4 Southern Conference Binghamton 0-0 3 America East Conference Bucknell 0-0 3 Patriot League Ohio 0-0 3 Mid-American Conference Towson 0-0 3 Colonial Athletic Association Cal State Bakersfield 0-0 2 Western Athletic Conference McNeese State 0-0 2 Southland Conference North Texas 0-0 1 Conference USA Wright State 0-0 1 Horizon League
Old 11-26-2016, 01:06 PM   #338
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 13-15, 2020

Only 8 games to start this first weekend of the season, with no feature games. Again, only the teams that played will be featured this week.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 1-1, 0-0 American.

11/13/20- New York Classic First Round vs. (7) Stony Brook (W 95-68).
11/15/20- New York Classic Quarterfinals vs. (2) California (L 72-59).

Not the worst start of the season for the Pirates, as they hammered Stony Brook, and had Cal on the ropes before fading late.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 0-1, 0-0 American.

11/13/20- Hall of Fame Classic First Round vs. (8) Saint Mary's (L 69-58).

Not a good start for the Golden Hurricane, who forced 22 turnovers against St. Mary's but couldn't capitalize offensively.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 1-0, 0-0 Big 12.

11/15/20 at Portland State (W 69-36).

The Horned Frogs were one of 4 schools who requested an easy non-conference schedule this season, and they took advantage of it in game 1, going to Portland and routing Portland State.

#14 Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 1-0, 0-0 Big Ten.

11/13/20- Hall of Fame Classic First Round vs. (15) Rider (W 70-63).

Not the easiest game in the world for the Spartans, which leaves a bit of concern in some of their fans minds. Still though, they win and advance.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 0-2, 0-0 Big West.

11/13/20- Military Classic First Round vs. (4) Chattanooga (L 80-72).
11/14/20- Military Classic 3rd Place Game vs. (3) South Alabama (L 77-68).

Not a good start for the Warriors at all, but let's ease up on them just a little bit. Chattanooga and South Alabama are a lot better than their seed in this tournament shows.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 1-0, 0-0 SEC.

11/13/20- Hall of Fame Classic First Round vs. (16) Alabama State (W 72-62).

The Wildcats also didn't have a very easy first round game, but survived. Nothing to be alarmed about at this point though.

Here's a look at the national top 25 for the week of Nov. 16-22nd:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Louisville (48) 1-0 1766 2 Atlantic Coast Conference 2. Oklahoma (17) 1-0 1735 3 Big 12 Conference 3. Georgetown (7) 0-0 1651 1 Big East Conference 4. Baylor 1-0 1575 4 Big 12 Conference 5. Ohio State 1-0 1487 5 Big Ten Conference 6. Wisconsin 1-0 1398 7 Big Ten Conference 7. Villanova 0-0 1368 6 Big East Conference 8. Wichita State 2-0 1166 16 Missouri Valley Conference 9. Pittsburgh 0-0 1144 9 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Iowa State 0-0 1096 10 Big 12 Conference 11. Virginia 0-0 1093 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 12. Michigan State 1-0 957 14 Big Ten Conference 13. Creighton 0-0 868 13 Big East Conference 14. Missouri 0-0 686 17 Southeastern Conference 15. Florida State 0-0 685 18 Atlantic Coast Conference 16. North Carolina 1-0 640 20 Atlantic Coast Conference 17. Buffalo 1-0 609 21 Mid-American Conference 18. Illinois 0-0 577 19 Big Ten Conference 19. San Diego State 0-0 389 22 Mountain West Conference 20. St. John's 0-0 382 23 Big East Conference 21. Miami 0-0 322 24 Atlantic Coast Conference 22. Arizona 0-0 243 NR Pacific-12 Conference 23. Penn State 0-0 226 NR Big Ten Conference 24. Texas 0-0 159 NR Big 12 Conference 25. Florida 0-0 158 NR Southeastern Conference Others Receiving Votes: DePaul 0-0 93 Big East Conference BYU 0-0 90 West Coast Conference North Carolina State 1-0 76 Atlantic Coast Conference Vanderbilt 0-0 65 Southeastern Conference Iowa 0-0 63 Big Ten Conference Arkansas 0-0 61 Southeastern Conference Richmond 2-0 48 Atlantic 10 Conference Minnesota 0-0 41 Big Ten Conference Seton Hall 2-0 39 Big East Conference California 2-0 33 Pacific-12 Conference Colorado 0-0 33 Pacific-12 Conference Kentucky 1-0 31 Southeastern Conference Illinois Chicago 2-0 23 Horizon League Oregon 1-0 21 Pacific-12 Conference Texas Tech 0-0 19 Big 12 Conference Air Force 2-0 16 Mountain West Conference Northern Illinois 1-0 15 Mid-American Conference Illinois State 0-0 14 Missouri Valley Conference Providence 0-0 14 Big East Conference West Virginia 1-0 13 Big 12 Conference George Washington 1-0 11 Atlantic 10 Conference Saint Mary's 1-0 11 West Coast Conference Belmont 2-0 10 Ohio Valley Conference Delaware 2-0 10 Colonial Athletic Association Green Bay 1-0 10 Horizon League UCLA 0-0 10 Pacific-12 Conference Virginia Tech 0-0 10 Atlantic Coast Conference Marquette 0-0 9 Big East Conference Northwestern 0-0 9 Big Ten Conference Cincinnati 1-0 6 American Athletic Conference Iona 1-0 6 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Loyola Chicago 0-0 6 Missouri Valley Conference Nebraska 1-0 6 Big Ten Conference Old Dominion 0-0 6 Conference USA SMU 0-0 6 American Athletic Conference Stanford 0-0 6 Pacific-12 Conference Albany 1-0 5 America East Conference Maryland 0-0 5 Big Ten Conference Southern Illinois 0-0 5 Missouri Valley Conference UC Santa Barbara 1-0 5 Big West Conference William & Mary 0-0 5 Colonial Athletic Association Bradley 0-0 4 Missouri Valley Conference Duke 0-0 4 Atlantic Coast Conference Oklahoma State 1-0 4 Big 12 Conference Siena 1-0 4 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Texas A&M 0-0 4 Southeastern Conference Alabama 0-0 3 Southeastern Conference Connecticut 0-0 3 American Athletic Conference George Mason 0-0 3 Atlantic 10 Conference New Mexico 0-0 3 Mountain West Conference South Florida 0-0 3 American Athletic Conference Detroit 2-0 2 Horizon League Eastern Illinois 0-0 2 Ohio Valley Conference Harvard 0-0 2 Ivy League Lafayette 2-0 2 Patriot League Liberty 1-0 2 Big South Conference Fordham 0-0 1 Atlantic 10 Conference Fresno State 1-0 1 Mountain West Conference James Madison 0-0 1 Colonial Athletic Association Milwaukee 0-0 1 Horizon League Mississippi 0-0 1 Southeastern Conference Oregon State 0-0 1 Pacific-12 Conference Syracuse 0-1 1 Atlantic Coast Conference Temple 1-0 1 American Athletic Conference Western Illinois 0-0 1 Southland Conference Xavier 1-0 1 Big East Conference

Michigan State moves up 2 spots after their win this week, and we have several teams still receiving votes, most of which have not played yet.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #339
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Now a look at the mid-major top 25 for the week of Nov. 16-22.

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (62) 2-0 1789 2 Missouri Valley Conference 2. Buffalo (6) 1-0 1665 4 Mid-American Conference 3. San Diego State (4) 0-0 1580 3 Mountain West Conference 4. BYU 0-0 1314 5 West Coast Conference 5. Richmond 2-0 1001 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 6. Air Force 2-0 811 NR Mountain West Conference 7. Belmont 2-0 774 NR Ohio Valley Conference 8. Cincinnati 1-0 703 8 American Athletic Conference 9. SMU 0-0 644 6 American Athletic Conference 10. Delaware 2-0 621 NR Colonial Athletic Association 11. Detroit 2-0 536 NR Horizon League 12. Saint Mary's 1-0 518 17 West Coast Conference 13. UTSA 2-0 509 NR Conference USA 14. George Washington 1-0 502 19 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. Akron 1-0 495 18 Mid-American Conference 16. Illinois Chicago 2-0 454 NR Horizon League 17. Green Bay 1-0 362 NR Horizon League 18. Lafayette 2-0 349 NR Patriot League 19. Illinois State 0-0 324 9 Missouri Valley Conference 20. UC Santa Barbara 1-0 324 NR Big West Conference 21. UAB 1-0 321 25 Conference USA 22. Toledo 0-0 316 10 Mid-American Conference 23. Davidson 0-0 269 13 Atlantic 10 Conference 24. Temple 1-0 240 NR American Athletic Conference 25. Connecticut 0-0 235 11 American Athletic Conference Others Receiving Votes: Tulane 1-0 219 American Athletic Conference Fresno State 1-0 216 Mountain West Conference Dayton 0-0 208 Atlantic 10 Conference Louisiana Tech 0-0 205 Conference USA South Florida 0-0 180 American Athletic Conference Harvard 0-0 174 Ivy League San Francisco 1-0 167 West Coast Conference Middle Tennessee 0-0 166 Conference USA Georgia State 0-0 162 Horizon League Northern Illinois 1-0 159 Mid-American Conference New Mexico 0-0 151 Mountain West Conference Morehead State 1-0 140 Ohio Valley Conference Massachusetts 0-0 136 Atlantic 10 Conference Old Dominion 0-0 136 Conference USA Iona 1-0 125 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference UNLV 0-0 120 Mountain West Conference Utah State 0-0 118 Mountain West Conference William & Mary 0-0 116 Colonial Athletic Association Eastern Michigan 0-0 110 Mid-American Conference San Jose State 1-0 108 Mountain West Conference UC Irvine 0-0 108 Big West Conference Rhode Island 0-0 107 Atlantic 10 Conference USC 0-0 105 West Coast Conference Quinnipiac 1-0 101 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Portland 0-0 97 West Coast Conference Western Michigan 0-0 96 Mid-American Conference Albany 1-0 94 America East Conference Arkansas State 1-0 93 Sun Belt Conference La Salle 0-0 90 Atlantic 10 Conference Northeastern 0-0 89 Colonial Athletic Association Mississippi State 0-0 84 Atlantic 10 Conference Wright State 1-0 84 Horizon League Boise State 0-1 82 Mountain West Conference Loyola Chicago 0-0 79 Missouri Valley Conference Santa Clara 0-0 78 West Coast Conference George Mason 0-0 76 Atlantic 10 Conference Oakland 0-0 73 Horizon League Southern Illinois 0-0 69 Missouri Valley Conference Bowling Green 0-0 67 Mid-American Conference High Point 1-0 64 Big South Conference Eastern Kentucky 0-0 58 Ohio Valley Conference UCF 0-0 57 American Athletic Conference UNC Greensboro 1-0 57 Southern Conference Yale 0-0 57 Ivy League Duquesne 0-0 55 Atlantic 10 Conference Bradley 0-0 52 Missouri Valley Conference Wyoming 0-0 52 Mountain West Conference Pacific 0-0 50 West Coast Conference Cal State Bakersfield 1-0 49 Western Athletic Conference Eastern Illinois 0-0 49 Ohio Valley Conference Cleveland State 0-0 48 Horizon League Fordham 0-0 44 Atlantic 10 Conference Siena 1-0 42 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Cal State Fullerton 0-0 41 Big West Conference Princeton 0-0 41 Ivy League Western Illinois 0-0 41 Southland Conference Southeast Missouri State 1-0 40 Ohio Valley Conference North Carolina Central 0-0 38 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Chicago State 0-0 37 Western Athletic Conference James Madison 0-0 37 Colonial Athletic Association Northwestern State 1-0 36 Southland Conference Liberty 1-0 34 Big South Conference Arkansas Pine Bluff 1-0 33 Southwestern Athletic Conference Radford 0-0 32 Big South Conference Manhattan 0-0 31 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference FIU 0-0 29 Conference USA American 0-0 28 Patriot League Cal Poly 0-0 28 Big West Conference Norfolk State 0-0 27 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Hampton 0-0 25 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Nevada 0-0 24 Mountain West Conference Wofford 0-0 23 Southern Conference Florida Gulf Coast 0-0 22 Atlantic Sun Conference Milwaukee 0-0 22 Horizon League Missouri State 0-0 22 Missouri Valley Conference Cal State Northridge 0-0 21 Big West Conference Longwood 0-0 21 Big South Conference Bucknell 0-0 20 Patriot League Eastern Washington 0-0 20 Big Sky Conference Florida Atlantic 0-0 20 Conference USA Seattle 0-0 19 Western Athletic Conference UMKC 0-0 19 Western Athletic Conference Houston 0-0 18 American Athletic Conference North Florida 0-0 18 Atlantic Sun Conference UMass Lowell 0-0 18 America East Conference Canisius 0-0 17 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Cornell 0-0 17 Ivy League East Tennessee State 0-0 17 Southern Conference Towson 0-0 17 Colonial Athletic Association Tennessee Martin 0-0 16 Ohio Valley Conference Austin Peay 0-0 15 Ohio Valley Conference Niagara 0-0 15 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Army 0-0 14 Patriot League Tennessee Tech 0-0 14 Ohio Valley Conference Bethune Cookman 0-0 13 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Colgate 0-0 13 Patriot League Tennessee State 0-0 13 Ohio Valley Conference UC Riverside 0-0 13 Big West Conference Valparaiso 0-0 13 Horizon League Marist 0-0 12 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference UT Arlington 0-0 12 Sun Belt Conference Florida A&M 0-0 11 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Louisiana Monroe 0-0 11 Sun Belt Conference St. Francis NY 0-0 11 Northeast Conference Idaho State 1-0 10 Big Sky Conference LIU Brooklyn 0-0 10 Northeast Conference Binghamton 0-0 9 America East Conference McNeese State 0-0 7 Southland Conference Sacramento State 0-0 7 Big Sky Conference Kennesaw State 1-0 6 Atlantic Sun Conference Jacksonville 0-0 5 Atlantic Sun Conference Rice 0-0 5 Conference USA Denver 0-0 4 Summit League South Dakota State 0-0 4 Summit League Grambling State 0-0 3 Southwestern Athletic Conference Stetson 0-0 3 Atlantic Sun Conference

So UConn drops 14 spots, which makes sense as they haven't played yet, and a lot of the teams ranked ahead of them did play and win this week. Rice keeps a couple votes, while Hawaii and Tulsa lose their votes after losing their games this week.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:34 PM   #340
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 16-22, 2020

Lots of tournament games on tap this week, and 1 feature game, so let's get to it.

11/18/20- Northwestern (Ess Vee) @ Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- Apparently there is a basketball team at Northwestern, and Coach Nielsen now knows about it. The Wildcats held Colorado to a whopping 26.7% shooting for the game and went to Boulder and stunned the Buffaloes.

Final Score: Northwestern- 63, Colorado- 49

Now for the rest of the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 0-0, 0-0 America East.

No games this week for Coach Ginsberg and the Hawks, they'll get going next week.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 3-0, 0-0 American.

11/17/20- Hall of Fame Tip-Off First Round vs. (6) Virginia Tech (W 70-62).
11/21/20- Hall of Fame Tip-Off Semifinal vs. (2) Texas A&M (W 66-58).
11/22/20- Hall of Fame Tip-Off Championship vs. (8) Milwaukee (W 78-64).

A great debut for Coach Childress at the seat of UConn, as you remember he came over from previously coaching at Davidson. Winning a tournament in his first try at UConn? A good sign, but, the Huskies didn't have to meet up with national power Arizona, who got upset in the First Round. Still though, a great start.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 1-1, 0-0 American.

No games this week for Coach Hutt and the Pirates.

No games this week for Coach Brown and the Golden Hurricane.

Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 1-1, 0-0 ACC.

11/16/20 vs. Army (L 75-68).
11/20/20 vs. Austin Peay (W 74-49).

Well.. not the start the Blue Devils wanted. They requested a fairly easy non-conference schedule, but have already fallen victim to one of those low prestige opponents. Lots more on the schedule to pad their record though.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 2-0, 0-0 Big 12.

11/19/20 at Coppin State (W 69-53).

Another feel good victory for the Horned Frogs as they go to their season tournament next week.

#12 Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 2-0, 0-0 Big Ten.

11/16/20- Hall of Fame Classic Quarterfinals vs. (7) George Washington (W 75-49).

Another win for the Spartans, but things get real in the Semifinals, as they take on top ranked Louisville.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 1-0, 0-0 Big Ten.

11/18/20 at Colorado- feature game, highlighted above.

A great start for the Wildcats, as they get a win over another fellow human coached team. It started with trash talk, and ended with what most would consider an upset, but either way, Northwestern opens the season with a win.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 1-2, 0-0 Big West.

11/17/20 vs. Purdue (W 53-45).

If this is any indication of how it is going to go for the Warriors, expect a very inconsistent season. Everybody expected them to be 2-1 at this point, winning the games they lost, and losing the game they won.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 1-1, 0-0 Conference USA.

11/20/20- Ohio Classic First Round vs. (3) Eastern Washington (W 77-68).
11/22/20- Ohio Classic Championship vs. (1) Fordham (L 86-84).

Tough, tough loss for the Owls in the Ohio Classic Championship as they just couldn't quite get that big win. An interesting note, Rice has played in a 4 team tourney 4 times, and has finished 1st once, 2nd once, 3rd once, and 4th once. Interesting indeed.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 1-2, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/16/20 vs. Jacksonville (L 52-51).
11/18/20 vs. Northwestern- feature game, highlighted above.
11/21/20 vs. Idaho State (W 69-54).

Looks like all that trash talking the Buffaloes were doing before the season started backfired on them, as they dropped their first 2 games. The one at Jacksonville hurts. We'll see if they've righted the ship or not.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 1-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/17/20 vs. #16 North Carolina (W 74-60).
11/22/20- Corpus Christi Coastal Classic First Round vs. (7) Wyoming (L 91-84).

A split for the Cardinal this week, and against it was a reverse of what was expected. I see a lot of inconsistency coming from our teams this season.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 1-0, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/19/20- Legends Classic First Round vs. (8) South Dakota State (W 68-61).

Well it wasn't the cleanest victory the Bruins have had, but they win their first game of the season, and now get a test in the Semifinals.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 0-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/21/20- Cancun Challenge First Round vs. (2) #11 Illinois (L 85-73).

A good effort for the Cougars, but Illinois was just too tough. Now they have a chance to go through the losers bracket and make some noise there.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 3-1, 0-0 SEC.

11/16/20 vs. Jackson State (W 81-48).
11/18/20 vs. Houston (L 72-56).
11/20/20 vs. Iowa (W 83-70).
11/22/20 vs. Alabama A&M (W 76-68).

Heavy week for the Crimson Tide who played 4 games, but all at home. 3 out of 4 ain't bad as they beat a very good Iowa team, and their loss may not hurt them much come March.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 1-1, 0-0 SEC.

11/16/20- Hall of Fame Classic Quarterfinals vs. (8) Saint Mary's (L 96-79).

Defense looks to be an early problem for the Wildcats, who got blasted by a St. Mary's team that beat another human coached team in Tulsa last week, and looks to be pretty darn good. Another big game comes up for Kentucky, but they have almost 2 weeks off to get ready for it.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 0-2, 0-0 Sun Belt.

11/19/20 at UAB (L 72-64).
11/21/20 vs. Utah State (L 90-64).

It appears the Trojans are still reeling from last season's late collapse, but to be fair, both of their first 2 opponents are still undefeated on the early season. The schedule gets easier for the next few games.. at least it should.

Here's a look at the national top 25 for the week of Nov. 23-29:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Louisville (69) 2-0 1792 1 Atlantic Coast Conference 2. Baylor (2) 2-0 1720 4 Big 12 Conference 3. Ohio State 2-0 1633 5 Big Ten Conference 4. Wichita State 4-0 1528 8 Missouri Valley Conference 5. Wisconsin (1) 1-0 1496 6 Big Ten Conference 6. Iowa State 2-0 1407 10 Big 12 Conference 7. Virginia 1-0 1329 11 Atlantic Coast Conference 8. Michigan State 2-0 1249 12 Big Ten Conference 9. Pittsburgh 0-0 1211 9 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Florida State 1-0 1052 15 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Illinois 1-0 949 18 Big Ten Conference 12. Miami 2-0 926 21 Atlantic Coast Conference 13. Penn State 2-0 798 23 Big Ten Conference 14. San Diego State 1-0 717 19 Mountain West Conference 15. St. John's 1-0 715 20 Big East Conference 16. Florida 1-0 576 25 Southeastern Conference 17. DePaul 1-0 400 NR Big East Conference 18. Oklahoma 1-1 395 2 Big 12 Conference 19. California 4-0 386 NR Pacific-12 Conference 20. Vanderbilt 1-0 315 NR Southeastern Conference 21. Arkansas 1-0 309 NR Southeastern Conference 22. Oklahoma State 3-0 288 NR Big 12 Conference 23. Illinois State 3-0 206 NR Missouri Valley Conference 24. Connecticut 3-0 198 NR American Athletic Conference 25. Villanova 2-1 150 7 Big East Conference Others Receiving Votes: Minnesota 0-0 146 Big Ten Conference Georgia State 3-0 109 Horizon League Oregon 2-0 94 Pacific-12 Conference William & Mary 3-0 89 Colonial Athletic Association LSU 2-0 84 Southeastern Conference Mississippi 2-0 78 Southeastern Conference SMU 2-0 67 American Athletic Conference West Virginia 2-0 59 Big 12 Conference UAB 3-0 58 Conference USA Nebraska 2-0 55 Big Ten Conference San Francisco 3-0 54 West Coast Conference Saint Mary's 2-0 52 West Coast Conference Tennessee 2-0 48 Southeastern Conference Providence 1-0 39 Big East Conference Akron 2-0 37 Mid-American Conference Temple 2-0 37 American Athletic Conference Harvard 2-0 35 Ivy League UCLA 1-0 34 Pacific-12 Conference Loyola MD 3-0 32 Patriot League Utah State 2-0 31 Mountain West Conference Denver 3-0 30 Summit League Northwestern 1-0 30 Big Ten Conference Green Bay 2-0 29 Horizon League Rutgers 2-0 27 Big Ten Conference Southern Illinois 1-0 24 Missouri Valley Conference Fordham 2-0 23 Atlantic 10 Conference Wake Forest 2-0 20 Atlantic Coast Conference Cal State Northridge 2-0 19 Big West Conference Syracuse 0-1 19 Atlantic Coast Conference Marquette 1-0 18 Big East Conference South Florida 2-0 18 American Athletic Conference TCU 2-0 18 Big 12 Conference Oregon State 1-0 17 Pacific-12 Conference Western Michigan 2-0 16 Mid-American Conference Albany 2-0 14 America East Conference Auburn 2-0 13 Southeastern Conference San Jose State 2-0 12 Mountain West Conference Utah 1-0 10 Pacific-12 Conference UTSA 3-0 10 Conference USA Rhode Island 1-0 9 Atlantic 10 Conference Siena 2-0 8 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Middle Tennessee 2-0 7 Conference USA Cal State Bakersfield 2-0 6 Western Athletic Conference Fresno State 1-0 5 Mountain West Conference Bowling Green 2-0 4 Mid-American Conference Ball State 2-0 3 Mid-American Conference Creighton 1-1 3 Big East Conference Davidson 1-0 2 Atlantic 10 Conference Mississippi State 2-0 2 Atlantic 10 Conference Sacred Heart 2-0 1 Northeast Conference

First note, Stanford, Alabama, Kentucky, Duke, and Colorado lose all their votes after losses this week. Michigan State moves up 2 more spots, and UConn jumps in the national top 25 after their season tournament win.

Now for the mid-major top 25 for the week of Nov. 23-29:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 4-0 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. San Diego State 1-0 1637 3 Mountain West Conference 3. Connecticut 3-0 1373 25 American Athletic Conference 4. Illinois State 3-0 1303 19 Missouri Valley Conference 5. Georgia State 3-0 1247 NR Horizon League 6. SMU 2-0 1074 9 American Athletic Conference 7. William & Mary 3-0 1041 NR Colonial Athletic Association 8. Akron 2-0 1034 15 Mid-American Conference 9. UAB 3-0 938 21 Conference USA 10. Saint Mary's 2-0 872 12 West Coast Conference 11. Western Michigan 2-0 740 NR Mid-American Conference 12. Green Bay 2-0 643 17 Horizon League 13. South Florida 2-0 640 NR American Athletic Conference 14. Temple 2-0 622 24 American Athletic Conference 15. Loyola MD 3-0 589 NR Patriot League 16. Harvard 2-0 564 NR Ivy League 17. San Francisco 3-0 504 NR West Coast Conference 18. UTSA 3-0 470 13 Conference USA 19. Mississippi State 2-0 423 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 20. Middle Tennessee 2-0 402 NR Conference USA 21. Bowling Green 2-0 397 NR Mid-American Conference 22. Utah State 2-0 316 NR Mountain West Conference 23. Denver 3-0 279 NR Summit League 24. Ball State 2-0 278 NR Mid-American Conference 25. Davidson 1-0 268 23 Atlantic 10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Fordham 2-0 219 Atlantic 10 Conference Boise State 1-1 180 Mountain West Conference Rhode Island 1-0 177 Atlantic 10 Conference Cal State Northridge 2-0 174 Big West Conference Southern Illinois 1-0 170 Missouri Valley Conference Northern Kentucky 2-0 168 Sun Belt Conference IPFW 2-0 166 Summit League Albany 2-0 151 America East Conference High Point 2-0 149 Big South Conference Eastern Kentucky 1-0 147 Ohio Valley Conference San Jose State 2-0 142 Mountain West Conference Texas State 2-0 132 Sun Belt Conference South Carolina State 2-0 129 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Fresno State 1-0 120 Mountain West Conference Cal State Bakersfield 2-0 119 Western Athletic Conference Sacred Heart 2-0 111 Northeast Conference Texas-Rio Grande Valley 2-0 109 Western Athletic Conference Duquesne 1-0 104 Atlantic 10 Conference Stetson 2-0 98 Atlantic Sun Conference Mississippi Valley State 2-0 97 Southwestern Athletic Conference Howard 2-0 96 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Siena 2-0 94 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference New Hampshire 2-0 92 America East Conference Jacksonville State 1-0 89 Ohio Valley Conference McNeese State 1-0 83 Southland Conference Northwestern State 1-0 81 Southland Conference Morgan State 2-0 78 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Sacramento State 1-0 78 Big Sky Conference Northern Colorado 2-0 71 Big Sky Conference Northern Arizona 1-0 67 Big Sky Conference Youngstown State 1-0 55 Horizon League Southern 1-0 52 Southwestern Athletic Conference Hartford 0-0 47 America East Conference Texas A&M Corpus Christi 1-0 46 Southland Conference Prairie View A&M 1-0 38 Southwestern Athletic Conference Buffalo 1-1 17 Mid-American Conference

Big jump for UConn in the mid-major poll, and that was to be expected. Also, Hartford is still receiving votes, but they haven't played a game yet.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:40 PM   #341
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Had to lose to Army for patriotic reasons obviously
Old 11-30-2016, 03:09 PM   #342
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 23-29, 2020

Lots of tournament games this week, and 1 feature game, so let's get to it:

11/23/20- Las Vegas Invitational First Round -- (6) TCU (Bee Mighty) vs. (3) Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- A battle of human coached teams that certainly didn't disappoint, as both teams shot well from the field but struggled with turnovers. In the end, it was literally 1 more made shot, 1 more made three pointer that was the difference, as the Colorado slide to begin the season was extended.

Final Score: TCU- 60, Colorado- 57

Now for the rest of weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 2-0, 0-0 America East.

11/26/20- South Carolina Showcase First Round vs. (3) St. Francis (NY) (W 66-64).
11/28/20- South Carolina Showcase Championship vs. (1) Jacksonville State (W 74-61).

Nice start for the Hawks, who win their 3rd tournament in the Coach Ginsberg era. They are definitely gaining some respect among the mid-major community.

#24 UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 3-0, 0-0 American.

No games this week for the Huskies and Coach Childress.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 2-1, 0-0 American.

11/24/20 at Northern Iowa (W 81-56).

Just the 1 game this week for the Pirates as they win convincingly over what has been a good UNI team. Now, the question is are the Pirates much improved, or is UNI that bad this season?

No games again this week for Coach Brown and the Golden Hurricane, but they get going again next week.

Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 2-1, 0-0 ACC.

11/25/20 vs. Savannah State (W 83-59).

Better effort from the Blue Devils, who have won their last 2 after, as Coach Hoo puts it, giving Army a patriotic victory.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 4-1, 0-0 Big 12.

11/23/20- Las Vegas Invitational First Round vs. (3) Colorado- feature game, highlighted above.
11/26/20- Las Vegas Invitational Semifinal vs. (2) Minnesota (W 82-59).
11/27/20- Las Vegas Invitational Championship vs. (1) Boise State (L 80-64).

Great week for the Horned Frogs despite the fact they didn't win the LV Invitational. Still a heck of an effort, and this is a team that has the ability to make some noise this season.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 2-1, 0-0 Big Ten.

11/23/20- Hall of Fame Classic vs. (3) #1 Louisville (L 65-60).

Tough game for the Spartans, who just couldn't quite get it done. A huge free throw discrepancy really hurt them though, one in which Coach Mighty was not happy about.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 2-2, 0-0 Big Ten.

11/24/20- Brooklyn Classic First Round vs. (4) Rhode Island (L 73-70).
11/27/20- Brooklyn Classic Consolation Round vs. (8) Houston (W 62-35).
11/28/20- Brooklyn Classic 5th Place Game vs. (3) West Virginia (L 79-71).

Overall, not a bad showing for the Wildcats, as they lost 2 close ones in the Brooklyn Classic, against solid teams, and rolled over a decent Houston team. I don't think we've seen their best yet.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 2-2, 0-0 Big West.

11/25/20 vs. Portland State (W 87-61).

1 game for the Warriors this week, and they get back to .500. Now they start a 3 game road swing against Pac 12 competition.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 2-1, 0-0 Conference USA.

11/29/20 vs. Texas-Rio Grande Valley (W 86-75).

The Owls get over .500 with a nice win, handing Rio Grande Valley their first loss of the season.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 3-3, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/23/20- Las Vegas Invitational First Round vs. (6) TCU- feature game, highlighted above.
11/26/20- Las Vegas Invitational Consolation Round vs. (7) USC (W 73-56).
11/27/20- Las Vegas Invitational 5th Place Game vs. (8) Niagara (W 77-57).

A good recovery for the Buffaloes to rally for 5th place in their tournament. It's still their worst finish in an 8 team tournament in the Coach Nielsen era, but they played much better ball after the TCU game.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 1-3, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/27/20- Corpus Christi Coastal Classic Consolation Round vs. (6) Boston College (L 66-49).
11/28/20- Corpus Christi Coastal Classic 7th Place Game vs. (4) Indiana State (L 74-72).

An unexplainable tournament performance for the Cardinal, who lose all 3 games after stunning North Carolina. Perhaps overconfidence, or perhaps North Carolina is down this season. Either way, Stanford better figure it out quick.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 2-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/23/20- Legends Classic Semifinal vs. (4) #10 Florida State (L 91-74).
11/24/20- Legends Classic 3rd Place Game vs. (2) #14 San Diego State (W 61-56).

This is the first 8 team tournament that the Bruins haven't won of the 4 they've played in now. Make no mistake, Florida State is good. Real good.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 3-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/24/20- Cancun Challenge Consolation Round vs. (6) Yale (W 73-60).
11/25/20- Cancun Challenge 5th Place Game vs. (5) Toledo (W 62-49).
11/29/20 at San Jose State (W 77-58).

Great week for the cougars, who win 3 games and get their best finish in an 8 team tournament under coach St. John. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 3-1, 0-0 SEC.

No games this week for Coach Rogers and the Crimson Tide, who needed a few extra days off after 4 games last week. Their next 3 games will really challenge them.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 1-1, 0-0 SEC.

No games this week either for Coach Hutt and the Wildcats.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 3-2, 0-0 Sun Belt.

11/26/20- Wooden Legacy First Round vs. (2) Tennessee Tech (W 66-63).
11/27/20- Wooden Legacy Semifinal vs. (3) UNC Greensboro (W 70-58).
11/29/20- Wooden Legacy Championship vs. (1) Navy (W 82-69).

Congrats to Coach Hawkins and the Trojans, who played great basketball in the Wooden Legacy and won it as the #7 seed. Coach Hawkins will definitely be glad to have a nice winning streak started, and hopefully his team will keep it up.

Here is a look at the national top 25 for the week of November 30-December 6.

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 4-0 1800 5 Big Ten Conference 2. Wichita State 5-0 1718 4 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Penn State 4-0 1519 13 Big Ten Conference 4. Arkansas 4-0 1463 21 Southeastern Conference 5. Louisville 4-1 1372 1 Atlantic Coast Conference 6. Vanderbilt 3-0 1288 20 Southeastern Conference 7. SMU 5-0 1189 NR American Athletic Conference 8. Florida State 3-0 1170 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 9. Western Michigan 6-0 991 NR Mid-American Conference 10. Georgia State 5-0 951 NR Horizon League 11. Ohio State 3-1 869 3 Big Ten Conference 12. Illinois State 4-0 843 23 Missouri Valley Conference 13. UAB 5-0 781 NR Conference USA 14. Oklahoma 1-1 742 18 Big 12 Conference 15. Mississippi 4-0 703 NR Southeastern Conference 16. Baylor 3-1 700 2 Big 12 Conference 17. Iowa State 4-1 559 6 Big 12 Conference 18. Wake Forest 4-0 498 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 19. Connecticut 3-0 474 24 American Athletic Conference 20. South Florida 4-0 437 NR American Athletic Conference 21. Syracuse 3-1 389 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 22. William & Mary 4-0 360 NR Colonial Athletic Association 23. Virginia 3-1 358 7 Atlantic Coast Conference 24. IPFW 4-0 290 NR Summit League 25. Boise State 4-1 262 NR Mountain West Conference Others Receiving Votes: Southern Illinois 3-0 256 Missouri Valley Conference Cal State Northridge 3-0 165 Big West Conference Ball State 3-0 158 Mid-American Conference Auburn 2-0 143 Southeastern Conference Villanova 3-1 141 Big East Conference Mississippi State 2-0 94 Atlantic 10 Conference Fordham 2-0 91 Atlantic 10 Conference Cal State Bakersfield 3-0 90 Western Athletic Conference UTSA 3-0 85 Conference USA Duquesne 2-0 78 Atlantic 10 Conference Georgia 2-1 74 Southeastern Conference Stetson 3-0 54 Atlantic Sun Conference Illinois 2-1 45 Big Ten Conference Northern Colorado 2-0 43 Big Sky Conference Northwestern State 2-0 43 Southland Conference Texas A&M Corpus Christi 3-0 43 Southland Conference Hartford 2-0 39 America East Conference Southern 1-0 14 Southwestern Athletic Conference Miami 3-1 12 Atlantic Coast Conference Michigan State 2-1 6 Big Ten Conference

Wow! Michigan State gets punished bad for their tough loss to Louisville, and UConn moves up 5 spots without even playing a game. Nice to see Hartford getting some national respect.

Now for the mid-major top 25 for the week of Nov. 30-Dec. 6:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wichita State (72) 5-0 1800 1 Missouri Valley Conference 2. SMU 5-0 1655 6 American Athletic Conference 3. Georgia State 5-0 1581 5 Horizon League 4. Western Michigan 6-0 1468 11 Mid-American Conference 5. Illinois State 4-0 1461 4 Missouri Valley Conference 6. UAB 5-0 1408 9 Conference USA 7. Connecticut 3-0 1271 3 American Athletic Conference 8. South Florida 4-0 1208 13 American Athletic Conference 9. William & Mary 4-0 1125 7 Colonial Athletic Association 10. IPFW 4-0 1101 NR Summit League 11. Southern Illinois 3-0 1011 NR Missouri Valley Conference 12. Boise State 4-1 998 NR Mountain West Conference 13. Ball State 3-0 881 24 Mid-American Conference 14. Cal State Northridge 3-0 881 NR Big West Conference 15. Mississippi State 2-0 837 19 Atlantic 10 Conference 16. Fordham 2-0 686 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 17. UTSA 3-0 665 18 Conference USA 18. Duquesne 2-0 595 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 19. Cal State Bakersfield 3-0 546 NR Western Athletic Conference 20. Texas A&M Corpus Christi 3-0 483 NR Southland Conference 21. Stetson 3-0 406 NR Atlantic Sun Conference 22. Hartford 2-0 395 NR America East Conference 23. Northwestern State 2-0 343 NR Southland Conference 24. Northern Colorado 2-0 203 NR Big Sky Conference 25. Buffalo 2-1 190 NR Mid-American Conference Others Receiving Votes: Southern 1-0 158 Southwestern Athletic Conference Harvard 4-1 12 Ivy League Middle Tennessee 4-1 10 Conference USA Oakland 4-1 5 Horizon League UC Santa Barbara 4-1 5 Big West Conference Akron 4-1 4 Mid-American Conference Green Bay 3-1 4 Horizon League Rhode Island 3-1 2 Atlantic 10 Conference Belmont 3-1 1 Ohio Valley Conference Northern Illinois 4-1 1 Mid-American Conference

UConn doesn't fare so well in the mid-major poll, dropping 4 spots, while Hartford gets in after their season tournament win.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:21 PM   #343
Zinto
College Starter

Maybe ECU will be good and Kentucky will suck this season
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:23 AM   #344
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Nice run there for the Cougs.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:26 PM   #345
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

WOW...we won something...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #346
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 30-Dec. 6, 2020

3 feature games this week, and a couple of them were actually scheduled by the computer, so here we go:

12/1/20- Duke (Dean Hoo) @ UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- The battle between 2 once great teams was won at the three point line, as UCLA made 11 three pointers and Duke only made 3, and that was enough for the Bruins to pull away.

Final Score: UCLA- 75, Duke- 59

12/1/20- ECU (Al Hutt) @ Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- The slide continues for Coach Sanchez and the Stanford Cardinal, who blew an 8 point halftime lead by turning the ball over 17 times in the 2nd half, 20 for the game. Their losing streak continues, as ECU pulls a huge road upset.

Final Score: ECU- 74, Stanford- 64

12/3/20- Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) @ Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- While 1 Pac 12 team continues to struggle, another is finding their groove. Colorado used a 36-26 edge on the boards to get more shot opportunities, and more opportunities at the line. This resulted in a home victory over a tough Hawaii team.

Final Score: Colorado- 60, Hawaii- 50

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 3-1, 0-0 America East.

12/3/20 vs. Wright State (L 83-74).
12/5/20 vs. Eastern Washington (W 86-64).

A split this week for the Hawks in 2 road games. They really need to take advantage of their non-conference schedule, as they don't play another team that currently has a winning record for quite a while.

#19 UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 4-1, 0-0 American.

11/30/20 at #23 Virginia (W 67-59).
12/5/20 at Fairleigh Dickinson (L 66-54).

A split on the road for the Huskies, and an inexplicable loss to.. Fairleigh Dickinson? That was Fairleigh's super bowl, for sure.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 3-2, 0-0 American.

12/1/20 at Stanford- feature game, highlighted above.
12/3/20 at USC Upstate (L 80-72).

Another split for our teams, and another one that's hard to explain, as the Pirates stun Stanford, yet lose to USC Upstate? It's going to be a weird season.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 2-1, 0-0 American.

12/2/20 vs. Colgate (W 90-74).
12/5/20 at Oral Roberts (W 69-46).

Good week for the Golden Hurricane, who win 2 games very convincingly.

Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 3-2, 0-0 ACC.

12/1/20 at UCLA- feature game, highlighted above.
12/4/20 at Albany (W 95-86).

A split for the Blue Devils, who are still a ways away from being the top team they used to be.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 5-2, 0-0 Big 12.

12/1/20 vs. Akron (L 73-61).
12/6/20 vs. Nebraska Omaha (W 89-58).

A split for the Horned Frogs, but there's no shame in either of their losses, as they are to teams with a combined 11-2 record.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 4-1, 0-0 Big Ten.

12/1/20 vs. Abilene Christian (W 85-72).
12/6/20 vs. Alabama A&M (W 63-55).

2 wins for the Spartans, but neither one of them came as easily as they should have. There is still a bit of a question about consistency with this team.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 2-4, 0-0 Big Ten.

11/30/20 at Cal Poly (L 84-73).
12/2/20 vs. #18 Wake Forest (L 63-49).

2 more losses for the Wildcats this week, and while the loss to Wake Forest can be forgiven, the loss to Cal Poly.. not so much.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 2-4, 0-0 Big West.

12/3/20 at Colorado- feature game, highlighted above.
12/6/20 at USC (L 68-63).

Still hard to get a read on this Warriors team who had an upset win over Purdue but some really bad losses. Still some good teams to face in non-conference play so they'll be looking for another upset or 2.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 2-3, 0-0 Conference USA.

12/1/20 at Oklahoma State (L 97-80).
12/5/20 at Houston (L 73-71).

2 road losses for the Owls, but they were very close to getting a win at Houston. The signs of being a good team are there, now they just need to put the pieces together.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 4-4, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/3/20 vs. Hawaii- feature game, highlighted above.
12/5/20 at Providence (L 71-58).

A split this week for the Buffaloes, but Providence is a very tough team. A chance to get back on track next week as they travel to take on 2 pretty solid mid-major teams.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 1-4, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/1/20 vs. ECU- feature game, highlighted above.

The Cardinal are in the midst of a nightmare season, and they need something to turn in around. Next week might not be the week as 2 teams that are either ranked or receiving votes come into town.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 4-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/1/20 vs. Duke- feature game, highlighted above.
12/3/20 vs. Campbell (W 84-52).

2 more wins for the Bruins who really should pile them on, as most of their remaining non-conference schedule is a breeze, except for a couple games.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 4-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/3/20 at Seattle (W 58-49).

Another win for the cougars in their only game of the week, and that's 4 in a row. Next week they face a couple human coached teams.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 3-2, 0-0 SEC.

11/30/20 at Kansas (L 86-76).

This would have been a feature game if not for the hiatus of Coach Johnson, but as it stands, the Crimson Tide take a loss, and next week will not be easy either.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 2-2, 0-0 SEC.

12/4/20 at Arizona (L 101-96, OT).
12/6/20 vs. DePaul (W 74-72).

A split for the Wildcats, who look to be down a bit from seasons past. Still time to turn it around, as their next 3 games are all at home against mid-major competition.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 4-2, 0-0 Sun Belt.

12/6/20 vs. Weber State (W 68-57).

Don't look now, but the Trojans have a 4 game winning streak. They seem to be playing better ball early on this season, now if they can keep it up.

Here's a look at the national top 25 for the week of Dec. 7-13:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 7-0 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Louisville 6-1 1675 5 Atlantic Coast Conference 3. Florida State 5-0 1556 8 Atlantic Coast Conference 4. Western Michigan 7-0 1371 9 Mid-American Conference 5. Ohio State 4-1 1368 11 Big Ten Conference 6. Arkansas 6-0 1354 4 Southeastern Conference 7. Oklahoma 3-1 1275 14 Big 12 Conference 8. UAB 6-0 1230 13 Conference USA 9. Wichita State 6-1 1178 2 Missouri Valley Conference 10. Baylor 4-1 1143 16 Big 12 Conference 11. William & Mary 6-0 1115 22 Colonial Athletic Association 12. Boise State 6-1 1074 25 Mountain West Conference 13. South Florida 5-0 969 20 American Athletic Conference 14. Syracuse 4-1 897 21 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. IPFW 5-0 809 24 Summit League 16. Mississippi State 4-0 714 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 17. UTSA 5-0 670 NR Conference USA 18. Illinois 4-1 642 NR Big Ten Conference 19. Michigan State 4-1 544 NR Big Ten Conference 20. Miami 4-1 434 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 21. Texas A&M Corpus Christi 4-0 382 NR Southland Conference 22. North Carolina 5-1 329 NR Atlantic Coast Conference 23. Iowa 5-1 230 NR Big Ten Conference 24. Georgetown 5-2 206 NR Big East Conference 25. Iowa State 4-1 111 17 Big 12 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Georgia State 7-1 79 Horizon League Wake Forest 6-1 33 Atlantic Coast Conference UCLA 4-1 28 Pacific-12 Conference Gonzaga 2-1 27 Pacific-12 Conference Providence 5-1 26 Big East Conference Oklahoma State 5-1 22 Big 12 Conference Villanova 4-1 18 Big East Conference Illinois State 5-1 17 Missouri Valley Conference Harvard 6-1 16 Ivy League Mercer 6-1 14 Southern Conference Mississippi 5-1 11 Southeastern Conference UC Santa Barbara 5-1 11 Big West Conference SMU 5-1 7 American Athletic Conference Connecticut 4-1 5 American Athletic Conference Rhode Island 5-1 4 Atlantic 10 Conference Denver 6-1 3 Summit League Southern Illinois 3-1 2 Missouri Valley Conference Minnesota 3-1 1 Big Ten Conference

Even though they didn't play extremely well this week, Michigan State is back in the top 25 after 2 wins. UCLA is getting some votes, and UConn is out of the top 25, but still receiving votes after that unexplainable road loss.

Now for the mid-major top 25 for the week of Dec. 7-13:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Western Michigan (34) 7-0 1708 4 Mid-American Conference 2. UAB (10) 6-0 1666 6 Conference USA 3. Wichita State (20) 6-1 1617 1 Missouri Valley Conference 4. William & Mary (2) 6-0 1574 9 Colonial Athletic Association 5. Boise State (5) 6-1 1516 12 Mountain West Conference 6. South Florida (1) 5-0 1471 8 American Athletic Conference 7. IPFW 5-0 1410 10 Summit League 8. Mississippi State 4-0 1328 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 9. UTSA 5-0 1263 17 Conference USA 10. Texas A&M Corpus Christi 4-0 1124 20 Southland Conference 11. Georgia State 7-1 1037 3 Horizon League 12. Illinois State 5-1 881 5 Missouri Valley Conference 13. SMU 5-1 880 2 American Athletic Conference 14. Akron 5-1 731 NR Mid-American Conference 15. Harvard 6-1 720 NR Ivy League 16. Connecticut 4-1 574 7 American Athletic Conference 17. Rhode Island 5-1 572 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 18. Mercer 6-1 542 NR Southern Conference 19. UC Santa Barbara 5-1 487 NR Big West Conference 20. Belmont 5-1 382 NR Ohio Valley Conference 21. Kent State 4-1 319 NR Mid-American Conference 22. Middle Tennessee 5-1 227 NR Conference USA 23. Pacific 4-1 188 NR West Coast Conference 24. Memphis 3-1 184 NR American Athletic Conference 25. Denver 6-1 120 NR Summit League Others Receiving Votes: Lehigh 5-1 119 Patriot League St. Bonaventure 3-1 84 Atlantic 10 Conference Southern Illinois 3-1 82 Missouri Valley Conference George Washington 3-1 79 Atlantic 10 Conference Texas-Rio Grande Valley 5-1 71 Western Athletic Conference Northwestern State 4-1 69 Southland Conference Quinnipiac 5-1 68 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Fordham 3-1 44 Atlantic 10 Conference Cal State Bakersfield 3-1 41 Western Athletic Conference Colorado State 2-1 38 Mountain West Conference Tulsa 2-1 31 American Athletic Conference Ball State 3-1 29 Mid-American Conference Western Illinois 2-1 27 Southland Conference Stetson 4-1 26 Atlantic Sun Conference McNeese State 3-1 25 Southland Conference Marshall 3-1 22 Conference USA San Diego State 4-2 10 Mountain West Conference Hartford 3-1 8 America East Conference North Texas 3-1 6 Conference USA

No surprise that UConn dropped in the mid-major poll, but Tulsa and Hartford pick up a few votes.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #347
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Sigh.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:16 PM   #348
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 7-13, 2020

2 feature games this week and they both involve Washington State. Let's get to it.

12/9/20- Washington State (DeShawn St. John) @ Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- The slide continues for the Wildcats, as Washington State held them to just 31.3% shooting and forced 16 turnovers as they rolled to victory.

Final Score: Washington State- 64, Northwestern- 45

12/11/20- Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) @ Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- A much closer game this time for the Cougars, but the result is the same as they again hold an opponent under 35% shooting. Hawaii made twice as many free throws which is really the only reason this game was close, but the Cougars continue to roll.

Final Score: Washington State- 51, Hawaii- 49

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 4-2, 0-0 America East.

12/7/20 vs. Florida Atlantic (L 69-66).
12/9/20 vs. VMI (W 54-39).

A home split this week for the Hawks, as a bad first half against Florida Atlantic was the only negative to the week.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 5-2, 0-0 American.

12/9/20 vs. Providence (L 71-69).
12/11/20 vs. Hofstra (W 65-47).

A split for the Huskies, who lost to a very, very good providence team. A big road test next week against a familiar foe.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 4-3, 0-0 American.

12/8/20 at #5 Ohio State (L 95-87).
12/10/20 vs. UNC Greensboro (W 67-54).

A split for the Pirates, and a very gutsy effort at Ohio State. If they would have been able to play some better defense, they might have pulled the upset.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 3-2, 0-0 American.

12/7/20 vs. Presbyterian (L 68-58).
12/11/20 vs. American (W 73-66).

A split for the Golden Hurricane, but another inexplicable loss to a lower prestige team. Although, Presbyterian isn't a bad team so far this season at 5-2.

Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 5-2, 0-0 ACC.

12/7/20 vs. Appalachian State (W 71-51).
12/12/20 vs. Florida A&M (W 75-70).

2 home wins for the Blue Devils this week as they try to pad their record with some wins against inferior competition, but they had a dog fight against Florida A&M.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 6-2, 0-0 Big 12.

12/11/20 vs. Stetson (W 80-70).

Just 1 game this week for the Horned Frogs, but it was a home win. Next week they have their rivalry game with Tulsa, and they also play Presbyterian, who just beat Tulsa, so it'll be an interesting week.

#19 Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 4-2, 0-0 Big Ten.

12/12/20 vs. Notre Dame (L 85-74).

Just 1 game this week for the mighty Spartans, who weren't so mighty in a loss to Notre Dame.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 3-6, 0-0 Big Ten.

12/7/20 vs. Washington (L 75-61).
12/9/20 vs. Washington State- feature game, highlighted above.
12/13/20 vs. Towson (W 79-62).

Well, 1 out of 3 isn't very good for the Wildcats. At least they got 1 win this week, but they are about to take a 2 game road trip through Texas the won't be fun, or easy.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 3-5, 0-0 Big West.

12/11/20 at Washington State- feature game, highlighted above.
12/13/20 vs. Yale (W 77-58).

A good win for the Warriors against Yale that breaks a 3 game losing streak, but the schedule gets tougher again starting next week.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 3-3, 0-0 Conference USA.

12/13/20 at Nebraska Omaha (W 91-83).

Good win for the Owls in their only game of the week, and they'll head back to Texas for a road and home game next week.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 6-4, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/11/20 at Denver (W 97-95).
12/13/20 at Lehigh (W 92-59).

The Buffaloes put up some points this week in a pair of road wins against teams with good records so far. They've won 5 of their last 6 after a 1-3 start.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 3-5, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/7/20 vs. Notre Dame (W 74-73, OT).
12/10/20 vs. Coastal Carolina (L 49-48).
12/13/20 vs. Binghamton (W 59-34).

2 games that came down to the final shot this week, and they split them. What would have been a great week for the Cardinal is dampered just a bit by the last second loss to Coastal Carolina, but a good win against Notre Dame.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 6-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/7/20 vs. Bowling Green (W 74-50).
12/11/20 vs. Bethune Cookman (W 79-62).

The Bruins continue to roll, beating up on a couple opponents at home this week.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 6-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/9/20 at Northwestern- feature game, highlighted above.
12/11/20 vs. Hawaii- feature game, highlighted above.

Are the Cougars for real? Or are they just taking advantage of a soft schedule, and a couple opponents that aren't living up to expectations. Unfortunately, we may not find out until January, as 4 of their remaining 5 conference games are against teams that they should beat. The real test will be Jan. 1 against Florida State.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 5-3, 0-0 SEC.

12/8/20 vs. #24 Georgetown (L 70-62).
12/10/20 at #14 Syracuse (W 71-69).
12/12/20 vs. Loyola Chicago (W 68-59).

A good week for the Crimson Tide who win 2 out of 3 against good competition.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 3-3, 0-0 SEC.

12/8/20 vs. Bradley (L 93-88).
12/11/20 vs. Ball State (W 75-62).

The Wildcats continue to play .500 ball on the season, as they just can't get any consistency going.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 4-3, 0-0 Sun Belt.

12/9/20 vs. Middle Tennessee (L 77-70).

1 game for the Trojans this week, as they fell short against a very good Middle Tennessee team.

Here's a look at the national top 25 for the week of Dec. 14-20:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (72) 9-0 1800 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Louisville 8-1 1717 2 Atlantic Coast Conference 3. Baylor 7-1 1543 10 Big 12 Conference 4. Oklahoma 5-1 1426 7 Big 12 Conference 5. Western Michigan 8-0 1408 4 Mid-American Conference 6. Arkansas 7-0 1388 6 Southeastern Conference 7. Boise State 8-1 1366 12 Mountain West Conference 8. UAB 7-0 1363 8 Conference USA 9. Wichita State 7-1 1296 9 Missouri Valley Conference 10. Illinois 7-1 1282 18 Big Ten Conference 11. William & Mary 7-0 1184 11 Colonial Athletic Association 12. Providence 8-1 870 NR Big East Conference 13. Iowa 6-1 798 23 Big Ten Conference 14. Florida State 6-1 724 3 Atlantic Coast Conference 15. Georgia State 9-1 710 NR Horizon League 16. Georgetown 6-2 674 24 Big East Conference 17. Oklahoma State 7-1 636 NR Big 12 Conference 18. Minnesota 5-1 475 NR Big Ten Conference 19. Villanova 6-1 399 NR Big East Conference 20. Rutgers 8-1 371 NR Big Ten Conference 21. Mercer 8-1 347 NR Southern Conference 22. UCLA 6-1 342 NR Pacific-12 Conference 23. Ohio State 5-2 284 5 Big Ten Conference 24. Belmont 8-1 188 NR Ohio Valley Conference 25. Syracuse 6-2 144 14 Atlantic Coast Conference Others Receiving Votes: Mississippi 6-1 142 Southeastern Conference Akron 6-1 106 Mid-American Conference Washington State 6-1 63 Pacific-12 Conference Memphis 4-1 55 American Athletic Conference St. Bonaventure 5-1 49 Atlantic 10 Conference IPFW 7-1 48 Summit League Quinnipiac 7-1 43 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Auburn 5-1 41 Southeastern Conference Oregon State 5-1 34 Pacific-12 Conference Mississippi State 5-1 20 Atlantic 10 Conference Rhode Island 5-1 16 Atlantic 10 Conference UTSA 6-1 14 Conference USA Cal State Bakersfield 5-1 13 Western Athletic Conference Fordham 5-1 11 Atlantic 10 Conference Colorado State 4-1 10 Mountain West Conference

The pollsters continue to be tough, as Michigan State not only drops out of the top 25, but also loses all their votes after a loss to Notre Dame this week. UConn also loses their votes, while UCLA jumps into the top 25 and Washington State is receiving votes, for what I believe might be the first time in this dynasty.

Now for the mid-major top 25 for the week of Dec. 14-20:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Western Michigan (29) 8-0 1706 1 Mid-American Conference 2. Boise State (26) 8-1 1687 5 Mountain West Conference 3. UAB (12) 7-0 1669 2 Conference USA 4. Wichita State (3) 7-1 1635 3 Missouri Valley Conference 5. William & Mary (2) 7-0 1572 4 Colonial Athletic Association 6. Georgia State 9-1 1444 11 Horizon League 7. Mercer 8-1 1303 18 Southern Conference 8. Akron 6-1 1216 14 Mid-American Conference 9. Belmont 8-1 1216 20 Ohio Valley Conference 10. St. Bonaventure 5-1 1107 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 11. IPFW 7-1 1052 7 Summit League 12. Memphis 4-1 946 24 American Athletic Conference 13. Quinnipiac 7-1 943 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 14. Rhode Island 5-1 930 17 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. Mississippi State 5-1 808 8 Atlantic 10 Conference 16. Fordham 5-1 736 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 17. UTSA 6-1 699 9 Conference USA 18. Colorado State 4-1 599 NR Mountain West Conference 19. Cal State Bakersfield 5-1 586 NR Western Athletic Conference 20. Illinois State 6-2 329 12 Missouri Valley Conference 21. Oakland 6-2 202 NR Horizon League 22. Connecticut 5-2 170 16 American Athletic Conference 23. Pepperdine 6-2 165 NR West Coast Conference 24. San Diego State 5-2 147 NR Mountain West Conference 25. UC Santa Barbara 6-2 129 19 Big West Conference Others Receiving Votes: Middle Tennessee 7-2 71 Conference USA Davidson 5-2 60 Atlantic 10 Conference Harvard 7-2 45 Ivy League Richmond 5-2 45 Atlantic 10 Conference Southern Illinois 5-2 34 Missouri Valley Conference South Florida 5-2 27 American Athletic Conference Fresno State 6-2 21 Mountain West Conference Loyola MD 7-2 21 Patriot League Lehigh 6-2 18 Patriot League Massachusetts 5-2 18 Atlantic 10 Conference George Washington 4-2 12 Atlantic 10 Conference Denver 7-2 8 Summit League High Point 5-2 8 Big South Conference Western Illinois 3-2 8 Southland Conference UC Irvine 4-2 3 Big West Conference LIU Brooklyn 4-2 2 Northeast Conference Presbyterian 5-2 2 Big South Conference San Francisco 5-2 1 West Coast Conference

It's just UConn right now in the mid-major polls, as Tulsa and Hartford lose their votes after losses this week.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:47 PM   #349
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Wow... Wazzu! Although their schedule has been massively soft... We'll see once Pac-12 play starts. It's crazy to think, though, that Washington State is the de facto second-highest ranked Pac-12 team in the nation.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:01 PM   #350
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 14-20, 2020

Just 1 feature game this week, so let's get to it:

12/18/20- Tulsa (Will Brown) @ TCU (Bee Mighty) -- The Horned Frogs continue to impress, as they trailed by 2 at halftime, but really locked down defensively in the 2nd half. They held Tulsa to just 31.5% for the game, and despite committing 18 turnovers, got a very important home victory.

Final Score: TCU- 63, Tulsa- 54

Now to the rest of the weekly recap:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 7-2, 0-0 America East.

12/14/20 vs. Alabama State (W 74-35).
12/17/20 vs. Florida A&M (W 63-55).
12/20 at Yale (W 87-81, OT).

3 more wins for the Hawks this week, maybe not against the best competition, but still a win is a win. They are definitely taking advantage of a soft schedule.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 5-5, 0-0 American.

12/15/20 at #2 Louisville (L 84-75).
12/17/20 vs. Lafayette (L 74-68).
12/19/20 vs. Holy Cross (L 83-69).

Things aren't going so well for Coach Childress and the Huskies right now, as they lost all 3 games this week, 2 of them tough to explain losses against weaker teams at home. They better get it figured out because conference play is just around the corner.

ECU (Al Hutt) -- 5-4, 0-0 American.

12/15/20 at Virginia (L 92-87).
12/18/20 vs. Old Dominion (W 82-53).

A split for the Pirates, but what an effort against the ACC Virginia team. A few more minutes and they might have fought their way back from a 12 point halftime deficit. They are playing good ball to start the season.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 4-3, 0-0 American.

12/14/20 at Liberty (W 74-71).
12/18/20 at TCU- feature game, highlighted above.

A road split for the Golden Hurricane, who aren't playing great ball right now but seem to be ready to turn the corner.

Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 6-2, 0-0 ACC.

12/17/20 vs. Penn (W 74-55).

Just 1 game for the Blue Devils this week, but it was a home win. They go into their season tournament next week, with their first round opponent having a very surprising season.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 8-2, 0-0 Big 12.

12/14/20 at Presbyterian (W 62-47).
12/18/20 vs. Tulsa- feature game, highlighted above.

The Horned Frogs continue to play good basketball, but they have a couple non-conference tests coming up next week before big 12 play starts.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 4-3, 0-0 Big Ten.

12/16/20 vs. St. Francis PA (L 71-67, OT).

Another tough loss for the Spartans in their only game of the week, as they dropped an OT heartbreaker to a team they have no business losing to. It's true, Sparty isn't quite back all the way, not yet.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 4-7, 0-0 Big Ten.

12/17/20 at Texas (L 63-57).
12/20/20 at Texas A&M (W 80-55).

A road split for the Wildcats, and actually a better result than expected, as many people had them pegged to lose both games.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 4-6, 0-0 Big West.

12/17/20 at LSU (W 73-64).
12/20/20 vs. Murray State (L 59-46).

A split for the Warriors, an interesting split as they win at LSU but lose back at home. They have won 2 of their last 3 though.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 5-3, 0-0 Conference USA.

12/15/20 vs. Lamar (W 88-83, OT).
12/18/20 at Texas A&M Corpus Christi (W 84-71).

2 more wins for the Owls, who have won 3 in a row.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 6-5, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/16/20 vs. Kansas State (L 81-70).

Just the 1 game for the Buffaloes this week, a loss to a decent K-State team. They have 1 more non-conference test before Pac 12 play starts.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 3-5, 0-0 Pac 12.

No games this week for Coach Sanchez and the Cardinal, who will hopefully use the extra week of practice to their advantage.

#22 UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 7-2, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/15/20 vs. #7 Boise State (W 70-64).
12/19/20 vs. Binghamton (L 74-72, OT).

Tough split for the Bruins, who used a lot of energy to beat a very good Boise State team, only to drop a heartbreaker to Binghamton.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 7-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

12/18/20 vs. Montana State (W 68-65).

Just the 1 game this week for the Cougars, and it was a hard fought 3 point victory over a 2 win team. Not the best performance, but when you've averaged 12.6 wins a season over the last 5 seasons, any win counts.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 7-3, 0-0 SEC.

12/16/20- Las Vegas Classic First Round vs. (15) Florida Gulf Coast (W 79-75).
12/18/20- Lass Vegas Classic Quarterfinals vs. (10) Cal State Fullerton (W 67-59).

Not the easiest week for the Crimson Tide, but they do get 2 wins to move into the semifinals of the Las Vegas Classic, which they'll play next week.

Kentucky (Patrick Hutt) -- 5-3, 0-0 SEC.

12/15/20 vs. Butler (W 78-67).
12/17/20 at Memphis (W 85-78).

Better effort this week for the Wildcats, who have won 3 in a row going into a tough week next week, with 2 very good non-conference opponents coming up.

Troy (Brett Hawkins) -- 5-4, 1-1 Sun Belt.

12/17/20 vs. Georgia Southern (W 60-48).
12/19/20 at Arkansas State (L 80-78).

The Trojans opened conference play with a split this week. As always, the conference looks wide open early on, it's just a matter of what team shows up on any given night.

Let's take a look at the national top 25 for the week of Dec. 21-27

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Wisconsin (71) 10-0 1799 1 Big Ten Conference 2. Louisville (1) 10-1 1728 2 Atlantic Coast Conference 3. Illinois 9-1 1620 10 Big Ten Conference 4. Western Michigan 9-0 1552 5 Mid-American Conference 5. Baylor 8-1 1535 3 Big 12 Conference 6. Georgetown 8-2 1343 16 Big East Conference 7. Providence 9-1 1326 12 Big East Conference 8. Georgia State 10-1 1171 15 Horizon League 9. Florida State 7-1 1117 14 Atlantic Coast Conference 10. Iowa 6-1 977 13 Big Ten Conference 11. Arkansas 8-1 974 6 Southeastern Conference 12. Akron 8-1 914 NR Mid-American Conference 13. Rutgers 9-1 878 20 Big Ten Conference 14. Belmont 9-1 756 24 Ohio Valley Conference 15. Oklahoma 5-2 612 4 Big 12 Conference 16. William & Mary 8-1 602 11 Colonial Athletic Association 17. Boise State 8-2 565 7 Mountain West Conference 18. UAB 7-1 534 8 Conference USA 19. Washington State 7-1 509 NR Pacific-12 Conference 20. Syracuse 7-2 486 25 Atlantic Coast Conference 21. Quinnipiac 9-1 420 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 22. Mercer 8-1 379 21 Southern Conference 23. Rhode Island 7-1 356 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 24. Villanova 7-2 356 19 Big East Conference 25. Auburn 7-1 239 NR Southeastern Conference Others Receiving Votes: Mississippi 6-1 208 Southeastern Conference Oregon State 7-1 184 Pacific-12 Conference Colorado State 7-1 104 Mountain West Conference North Carolina 8-2 100 Atlantic Coast Conference Georgia 6-2 44 Southeastern Conference Penn State 7-2 9 Big Ten Conference Minnesota 7-2 3 Big Ten Conference

These polls are absolutely ridiculous. UCLA beats a top 10 team and loses by 2 points in overtime, and not only do they drop out of the top 25, but they lose all their votes. Yet, Washington State, who granted, is having a great season so far, barely wins their only game of the week, and jumps to 19th? Good for Washington State, but man.

Now for the mid-major poll for the week of Dec. 21-27:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Western Michigan (67) 9-0 1795 1 Mid-American Conference 2. Georgia State (5) 10-1 1700 6 Horizon League 3. Akron 8-1 1595 8 Mid-American Conference 4. UAB 7-1 1543 3 Conference USA 5. Belmont 9-1 1470 9 Ohio Valley Conference 6. William & Mary 8-1 1393 5 Colonial Athletic Association 7. Boise State 8-2 1390 2 Mountain West Conference 8. Rhode Island 7-1 1358 14 Atlantic 10 Conference 9. Mercer 8-1 1266 7 Southern Conference 10. Quinnipiac 9-1 1208 13 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 11. Colorado State 7-1 1119 18 Mountain West Conference 12. San Diego State 8-2 958 24 Mountain West Conference 13. UC Santa Barbara 7-2 836 25 Big West Conference 14. Harvard 9-2 756 NR Ivy League 15. Davidson 7-2 676 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 16. Fresno State 8-2 664 NR Mountain West Conference 17. Lehigh 8-2 595 NR Patriot League 18. Middle Tennessee 8-2 575 NR Conference USA 19. Richmond 7-2 471 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 20. Wichita State 8-3 426 4 Missouri Valley Conference 21. St. Bonaventure 5-2 383 10 Atlantic 10 Conference 22. UC Irvine 6-2 275 NR Big West Conference 23. Mississippi State 6-2 196 15 Atlantic 10 Conference 24. Cal State Bakersfield 7-2 191 19 Western Athletic Conference 25. Fordham 6-2 166 16 Atlantic 10 Conference Others Receiving Votes: UTSA 7-2 147 Conference USA FIU 5-2 99 Conference USA Marshall 6-2 63 Conference USA Utah Valley 6-2 51 Western Athletic Conference Hartford 7-2 32 America East Conference Illinois State 7-3 2 Missouri Valley Conference SMU 7-3 1 American Athletic Conference

No big surprise that UConn loses all their votes after losing 3 games this week. Hartford is in after winning 3 games.

Also, take a look at Western Michigan, in both polls. This is Duke's first round opponent in the Diamond Head Classic next week. They are currently undefeated with wins over Tulane, Wake Forest, and Valparaiso. This might not be such an easy game for the Dukies.