Neon Chaos' Werewolf Ruleset

NEON_CHAOS' WEREWOLF RULES:

Version history:
v1.4 (3/12/08)
v1.3 (9/27/07)
v1.2 (9/13/07)
v1.1 (8/21/07)
v1.0 (4/19/07)

I have been working on my ruleset, roles, and Werewolf basics. I have always believed that the best form of Werewolf is the vanilla version, only with several modified roles. Following this premise, these rules will be my blueprint for every Werewolf Game I'm able to GM.

The rules will be modified if I feel like it, and the version numbers will change. So far, the basics have been covered along with factions and roles. Over time, additional factions and roles might be added.

The roles might have a different name during gameplay (depending on the theme), but will have the same functions. The original name will be placed in parenthesis with the replacement name if this is so.

I've scheduled myself to host a big werewolf game, and am looking forward to running these rules in a live environment.

I. FACTIONS:

*Permanent - will appear.
*Possible - may or may not appear.

Permanent Factions:
Werewolves
Villagers

Possible Factions:
Additional Werewolf Teams

II. ROLES:

Permanent Roles:

*All roles may or may not have more than one occurence.
*X is the number of Werewolves alloted by the GM

Werewolf Roles:

Alpha Wolf
- You are the head of the Werewolves. Before the game begins, you must submit X number of names to be selected as members of your Wolfpack.

Werewolf - You are, by nature, a simple human during the day and a savage beast at night. You depend on feasting upon hapless villagers to survive.

Villager Roles:

Villager - You are a simple villager, only looking to live your life in peace and harmony.

Seer - You have lived your life as a gypsy in this little village. You have the ability each Night to scan if someone is a Werewolf.

Herbalist - Your study of herbs has culminated in the expertise of one plant: Wolfsbane. Each Night you have the ability to protect someone from a Werewolf attack. You may select yourself, but you may not select the same person two nights in a row. You will not know if you blocked a Werewolf kill.

Magistrate - You may select to change the lynching target of the day to someone else. This is ability may only be used one time, and will reveal you as the Magistrate.

Possible Roles:

Werewolf Roles:

Rabid Werewolf - Your strength is unmatched, and your viciousness is unparalleled. When you are voted to be lynched, you are able to bring an unlucky soul to the grave with you.

WolfShade - You are a Werewolf of a different breed. You can hide your form from gypsy magic. When the Seer or the Fool views you, you will only come up as a Villager.

Wolfling - You are a Werewolf of a different breed. You have the ability to control your rage and thus not transform into a Werewolf when lynched or attacked at night. When you die, you will appear as a Villager.

Cultist - You have awaited the coming of the Werewolves. You know who the Werewolves are, however, they don't know who you are (note, you only know who the starting Werewolves are and not their specific roles. If the Unholy Mark is turned, you will not know who he is). If scanned, you will only appear as a Villager. When you die, you will appear as a Villager. You win if the Werewolves win. You will still be counted as a Villager with respect to the Werewolf:Villager ratio.

Unholy Mark - You start the game as a Villager, and will thus be notified that you are a Villager. If attacked by the Werewovles at night, you will not die, instead you will join them as a Werewolf. You will remain as a Villager until this happens. When you die as Villager, you will appear as a Villager.

Villager Roles:

Fool - You think you are a Seer, and will thus be notified that you are a Seer. Each night, you may scan someone to check if he is a Werewolf. You will always see someone as a Villager. When the Seer views you, you will appear as the Fool. When you view a Seer, he will appear as a Fool. When you die, you will appear as a Seer.

Psychic Siblings - The two of you are Villagers. You know who your sibling is, and you may talk with each other through PM's. If you die, your psychic connection is lost and your sibling dies as well.

Psychopath - You are a deranged Villager. Each night, you must quench you thirst for killing by selecting one person to kill. (role will not appear without the Angel). To win, you must survive until the game ends.

Angel - Each night, you may select one person to save from being killed by the Psychopath. You can select yourself, but you may not select the same person two nights in a row. You will not know if you blocked a Psycopath Kill. (role will not appear without the Psychopath)

Holy Mark - You posses the Holy Mark, but will only be notified that you are a Villager. If viewed by the Seer or the Fool you will only be seen as a Villager. You are immune to Werewolf Night attacks. You will not know if you have been attacked or not.

Inquisitive - You are an Inquisitive Villager. Each night, you may choose to find out the Role of one player. You will only discover Villager roles. Werewolves will only appear as Villagers to you. The Fool will appear as a Seer.

Witness - You like to stroll around at night and love to follow people. You may choose one person to follow for the night. If this person dies, you will know the identity of his killer. If this person kills at night, however, you will not know that he killed anyone.

III. BASIC CONCEPT:

Players vote for someone to lynch before the end of the day. At the end of each day, votes are tallied and the player with the most number of votes is lynched. The Werewolves and everyone with a Night Ability are also required to PM the GM with their corresponding night actions. The Werewolves must send in the name of the player targetted for the night kill, and the name of the werewolf who will be doing the killing.

The results of the lynch will be revealed at the end of the turn, and the Night action results will follow soon after.

The deadline for all votes and actions each turn is at 10:00 PM CST.

IV. WOLF SELECTION

The Alpha Wolf will then select X number of Werewolves to join his team. After this, the Werewolf and Villager roles will then be sent out randomly. The game begins when all the roles have been sent out (which the GM will indicate by posting on the appropriate thread.)

(In the case of additional werewolf teams, they will not have an Alpha Wolf, instead, roles will be given out after the Alpha Wolf has selected his team.)

V. VOTING:
For the sake of counting votes and making them stand out completely, the following voting format will be employed:

Only valid votes will be counted. Votes must be cast in bold letters. Casing does not matter, nor does punctuation. Any vote that does not follow this format is INVALID.

example:
Vote Skydog

Unvoting is similar. Unvotes must be cast in bold letters. Casing does not matter. Any unvote that does not follow this format is INVALID.

example:
Unvote Skydog

A combination of an Unvote and a Vote is allowed, see the example:

example:
Unvote Skydog
Vote Skydog

Votes will be tallied at the end of the turn. The player with the most number of votes will be lynched. In case of ties, there will be a specific tiebreaker. The first valid vote cast between the tied players (an unvoted vote does not count) will determine the player to be lynched.

example:

A votes for C
B votes for D
A unvotes C
A votes for D
A unvotes D
A votes for C

D and C are tied. A cast the first vote, however, he unvoted, which means B's vote is the deciding vote. D is thus lynched.

You may NOT vote for a No Lynch.

VI. DEATHS:

All deaths will reveal roles, unless it is specifically noted in the role description.

VII. GM QUESTIONS / PRIVATE MESSAGES

Any question for the GM posted on the game thread will be promptly ignored. Kindly PM your inquiry to the GM, and if the information needs to be told to everyone, the GM will post in the game thread.

PM results on night actions will be as minimal as possible while being as accurate and definitive as the GM can give you.

e.g. of a Seer view PM from the GM.

"You view Player A, Player A is a Werewolf"

VIII. WINNING CONDITIONS:

The Werewolves win by reaching a 1:1 ratio with the Villagers and eliminating all other Werewolf factions.
The Villagers win by killing all the Werewolves.
Certain roles have specific Winning conditions.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 03-12-2008 at 04:12 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Is neon chaos going to run a game? I dont think i have ever played with him
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:46 AM   #3
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I've run games in the past, Lonestar, hopefully, I'll have the chance to run another soon.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

bumping up for people to read.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:16 AM   #5
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Modified the Witness role to reduce its uber-effectiveness. Changed the game format to be run on a 24-hour single deadline. Changed vote style to allow more flexibility.

Looking forward to running another game.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well thank god!

I was wondering when you wouuld get around to doing that!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:54 AM   #7
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
well thank god!

I was wondering when you wouuld get around to doing that!

Old 03-23-2008, 08:55 PM   #8
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I like that fool role. Has it been played in the past games on FOFC?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:23 AM   #9
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I like that fool role. Has it been played in the past games on FOFC?

It has been used once. See the "Beneath The Iron Cross" game.