Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-13-2008, 02:16 AM   #1
condors
College Starter

Saving Derby County (SAAP 2008)

With the release of SAAP2008 i decieded to keep a dynasty.

I was going to go for Rushden but decided to go with Derby as it will be a challenge and let me start in the top flight.

I am hired with a 3 year contract and i quote "in your first 3 years we expect you to challenge for the championship and bring home a trophy or two anything less with be unacceptable. (wonder if they count getting relegated and coming back up?). They also mentin they will show gratitude if i qualify for Europe or bring early success to the club. We have 7 million to spend + whatever players i sell. I am going to get more of a handle on the team and watch them in training and then asses my first need.

condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:40 AM   #2
condors
College Starter

Monday is fitness training and the lads don't look very fit.

I speak to Robert Earnshaw (had the best session) and said it was good. He replied it was average at best.

I speak to Dean Leacock and said it was not bad but you can do better. He said he is very concered and give credit where credit is due.

I speak to Lewin Nyatanga and said not bad but you can do better and he said give credit where credit is due.

I stop talking to the players as it doesn't seem i am hitting home here.

we have several players transfer listed striker Robert Earnshaw, left midfielder gary teale, right back andy griffin.

Looking at the transfer list i see central striker Scott Sinclair from Chelsea listed he is only 19 and as we only have 3 strikers i am considering a purchase our scout isn't very high on him though. I go with wait and see approach although i do contact Robert Earnshaw about extending his contract we only have 3 strikers and selling one isn't what i had in mind.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:10 AM   #3
condors
College Starter

Our first preseason match is vs York. We dominate the game outshooting them 9-2 with Robert Earnshaw getting man of the match. I subbed in Giles Barnes and youth player Craig Fagan in the forwards postions. Fagan got the third goal. He may be spending more time with the senior team. David Jones didn't have a good game in the center of midfield. Also Giles Barnes was less than impressive.

I tell Earnshaw and Fagan that they had good games and to keep it up they both nod in agreement(its better than before, i considered giving Jones a kick in the butt but decided against it for now). In the postgame press conferance i said that the lads did well and Robert Earnshaw was a difference maker out there.

A get a call from Arsenal and have accepted a 5.5 million bid for Andy Griffin. Robert Earnshaw has become our highest paid player with a 3 year 24k a week contract.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:21 AM   #4
condors
College Starter

our 2nd preseason game is again Notts County we beat them 3-0. I put in right back Tyrone Mears for the soon to depart Giffin and he gets man of the match. I say the lads did well and Give Mears credit for the good game. I tell Giles Barnes i need more from him.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
condors
College Starter

dynasty is put on hold problem continuing game will probally start over after the patch is out