Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2006 Off-season Thread

Ok, I'm preparing the file now.

You will all notice that you have a Single-A team now. The roster limit says 40, but you can only use 25 of that during the season. For our new people, the rosters during the off-season are expanded to 40 all the way through spring training and then we cut them to 25 on Thursday night in preparation for the season Friday.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I was wrong, though. Apparently Fernando Olivera did the MVP/ROY thing in 2000. But we weren't here for that.

And I looked back and never noticed a guy who could've done the done before that was denied it, so perhaps my memory just fails me.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, packing the file now.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I was wrong, though. Apparently Fernando Olivera did the MVP/ROY thing in 2000. But we weren't here for that.

And I looked back and never noticed a guy who could've done the done before that was denied it, so perhaps my memory just fails me.

I believe I had a POY rookie who failed to win the ROY. It galled me. I actually think it may have happened twice. Look in the early 70s, I believe (Colorado).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is up.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I believe I had a POY rookie who failed to win the ROY. It galled me. I actually think it may have happened twice. Look in the early 70s, I believe (Colorado).

Oh right. I was looking at hitters and I think that's what threw me off. But yeah, that's probably what I was referring to the whole POY/ROY thing. I think the idea was back then to "spread the wealth."
Old 02-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Saturday, October 1st, 2005
Montreal Maroons: Signed C P. Turner to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,430,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed MR P. D'Acre to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $4,230,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SS S. Marsh to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,310,000.
Montreal Maroons: Signed SP C. Cox to a 5-year contract extension worth a total of $33,900,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B C. Gagnon to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $15,022,500.
Compton Brothers: Signed CL J. Hogan to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $5,860,000.
Compton Brothers: Signed MR D. Delgado to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $4,095,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SP A. Vachon to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $6,555,000.
Montreal Maroons: Signed CL R. Naughton to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $11,227,500.
Montreal Maroons: Signed C J. Rosas to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $22,200,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed MR M. Foster to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $4,440,000.
Friday, September 30th, 2005
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SP G. Carr to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $3,685,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed C G. Harris to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $27,080,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed 3B T. Santos to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $17,685,000.
Thursday, September 29th, 2005
Boston Settlers: Signed 1B C. Murray to a 5-year contract extension worth a total of $33,750,000.
Wednesday, September 28th, 2005
Montreal Maroons: Signed MR J. Browne to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $4,925,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed SP A. Aguilar to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $21,430,000.
Tuesday, September 27th, 2005
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent C L. Reyes to a 2-year contract worth a total of $890,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent MR J. MacKeith to a 1-year contract worth a total of $292,500.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent MR R. Hornbeck to a 2-year contract worth a total of $950,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP D. Montgomery to a 2-year contract worth a total of $5,850,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP W. Robinson to a 3-year contract worth a total of $18,085,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed SP R. Rodríguez to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $7,390,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP T. Ibarra to a 3-year contract worth a total of $8,257,500.
Compton Brothers: Signed SP C. Keats to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $7,115,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent RF H. Richardson to a 2-year contract worth a total of $4,990,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SS F. Galván to a 3-year contract worth a total of $18,252,500.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent MR J. Carbajal to a 1-year contract worth a total of $812,500.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent 1B C. Jennings to a 3-year contract worth a total of $12,697,500.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed 2B R. Spencer to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $2,145,000.
Compton Brothers: Signed 2B Y. Suzuki to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $640,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent MR J. González to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,580,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent LF E. Dooley to a 2-year contract worth a total of $4,230,000.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #8
Tasan
College Starter

You know, its a shame we can't put images in our sigs. It would be cool if we had a little trophy image the current season's winner could put in their sig.

Or I'm just a real big geek.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
You know, its a shame we can't put images in our sigs. It would be cool if we had a little trophy image the current season's winner could put in their sig.

Or I'm just a real big geek.

No, it kinda sucks.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I exported for tonight. I decided to re-sign my starting SS as well as my starting 3B to keep them away from Free Agency. I am having to let my starting 2B, 1/2 of my 1B starting platoon and my 5th starter from this year hit free agency though. I am not that horribly sad about any of them leaving (other than perhaps my 2B) though.

I set up my draft list, but found that I couldn't find enough players that I liked to make it through 5 rounds work of picks (60 picks). I think I only went something like 21 or 22 picks deep this time around.

Tons of good free agents out there, seeming to stay out there. This is the part of this "era" of FOOL that is the most interesting to me.. Obviously you need to pay out for good talent, but where do you decide to pay the big bucks and where do you try to skimp and get a bargain in Free agency?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:13 AM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This is indeed the most interesting period of time for us, because we do have free agents who seem to stay in the pool. I think a lot of that has to do with ownership turnover the past few weeks and the influx of new owners should make things a bit more competitive I think.

By an overwhelming margin (as in, no one else applied) Tasan and gstelmack will return to the BoD, the latter to complete a full-term that will end in 2010 and Tasan to start a second six-year term that ends in 2011. Both have been great work with for the first few years we've been back and it'll be good to work with them again for the next period of their terms.

Chief's term ends in 2008.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Dola --

I'm really enjoying this phase of things. It seems the most wide open the league has ever been, especially the RL. I think the player ratings are wonky, yet, it's awesome to see 1-star players being solid contributors in ways we've never seen before.

I think we're in a good place structurally.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #13
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Rich Lang won the Tanaka award when he was a rookie in FOOL, but was snubbed on the ROY award (if you can be snubbed on that after winning the MVP).

Also I noticed all my draft picks from last year are still on different teams. Not sure how we want to handle this, but I really don't think any of them will ever stay on my team or the ones that were drafted by Kansas City (Formerly Ann Arbor).

Last edited by Commo_Soldier : 02-02-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I have an idea to remedy the situation Commo as a one-time solution for both you and for Boston.

As for this year's draft, we can take a look at the draft and look at where your guys are and make sure that it doesn't happen, because I'll actually be watching for it this year.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #15
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-02-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #16
Tasan
College Starter

Maybe if a "trade" happens to get them back on the team?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #17
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Maybe if a "trade" happens to get them back on the team?

No, my suggestion is going to be, to simply fill the Single-A teams of Boston and Brooklyn as a remedy using the in-game module that lets me do that for teams as commish.

They won't end up being able to keep them all and who knows what sort of talent level of players they'll end up with. But consider it a one-time jury award for "pain and suffering" and then it remedies it and we just keep watching those teams going forward, to make sure that it doesn't happen again.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #18
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Montreal_GM sent me a new logo for his team, who will be now known as the Montreal Majestics and so I redid their colors.

I also upgraded the identities of Atlanta and Hartford. Hartford's look is venerable and so, the only thing that changed were the colors (which may surprise you) but my favorite redo was Atlanta's which for the first time in that franchise's history, will actually have an actual logo, rather than an "A" to represent the Firecrackers.

Both of those designs had been exactly the same since the 1970s for the most part, so I think the changes were well overdue in the millennial age.

We'll see how you all like the changes tonight.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-02-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #19
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Guess it's time to do this real quick.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #20
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, taxes are done. Time for fake baseball.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #21
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

No exports from Baltimore or Hartford. Sure is nice to see ALLLLL of those human exports now! I wrote back to the Baltimore guy to see if he's still going to join us, we'll see if he is or not, but that's our only open team @ the moment.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #22
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Friday, October 28th, 2005
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent CL T. Marimón to a 2-year contract worth a total of $520,000.
Monday, October 24th, 2005
Montreal Majestics: Signed CL R. Perea to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,297,500.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed SP L. Lambert to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $9,342,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 3B R. Smith to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,000,000.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed MR C. Wheeler to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,575,000.
Kansas City Beagles: Signed LF J. Ayers to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $9,787,500.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed SS A. Bancroft to a 5-year contract extension worth a total of $30,007,500.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed RF F. Moore to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,550,000.
Montreal Majestics: Signed RF W. Martin to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,507,500.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed RF M. Carr to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,372,500.
Friday, October 21st, 2005
Montreal Majestics: Signed CF B. Carlson to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $17,917,500.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed SP K. Thompson to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $3,950,000.
Thursday, October 20th, 2005
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed LF D. Smith to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $2,767,500.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed MR J. Bruno to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,220,000.
Compton Brothers: Signed C K. Quinn to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $11,685,000.
Wednesday, October 19th, 2005
Hartford Harpooners: RF C. O'Reilly has executed his last optional contract year.
Compton Brothers: SS T. Wilson retires.
Napa Valley Winemakers: RF K. King retires.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Executed the last optional contract year of MR K. Sawyer.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Voided the team option year of 3B M. Moran.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Voided the team option year of 2B J. Knowles.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Voided the team option year of 2B J. Gonzáles.
Boston Settlers: Demoted SP B. Brooks to Triple A Phillipsburg.
Boston Settlers: Purchased the contract of SP Y. Asai from Triple A Phillipsburg.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Released MR J. Phillips.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Voided the team option year of MR D. Williams.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Released MR B. Hopper.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Released MR D. Williams.
Brooklyn Brownstones: Released LF B. Robinson.
Colorado Rancheros: Voided the team option year of MR J. Bruno.
Montreal Maroons: Purchased the contract of RF W. Martin from Double A London.
Montreal Maroons: Purchased the contract of SS G. Pratt from Double A London.
Montreal Maroons: Purchased the contract of 2B J. Hughes from Double A London.
Montreal Maroons: Purchased the contract of 2B S. Vogler from Double A London.
Montreal Maroons: Purchased the contract of 3B S. Burns from Double A London.
Montreal Maroons: Purchased the contract of SS K. Richards from Double A London.
Montreal Maroons: Purchased the contract of CF J. Navarro from Double A London.
Montreal Maroons: Purchased the contract of C D. Villarreal from Triple A Ottawa.
Montreal Maroons: Purchased the contract of CL R. Perea from Triple A Ottawa.
Montreal Maroons: Demoted C D. Villarreal to Triple A Ottawa.
Montreal Maroons: Demoted 3B S. Burns to Triple A Ottawa.
Montreal Maroons: Demoted 2B S. Vogler to Triple A Ottawa.
Montreal Maroons: Demoted SS K. Richards to Double A London.
Montreal Maroons: Demoted 2B J. Hughes to Double A London.
Montreal Maroons: Demoted SS G. Pratt to Double A London.
Montreal Maroons: Demoted CF J. Navarro to Triple A Ottawa.
Montreal Maroons: Demoted RF W. Martin to Triple A Ottawa.
Montreal Maroons: Demoted MR N. Halter to Triple A Ottawa.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #23
Tasan
College Starter

yay draft
Old 02-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #24
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

DRAFT ORDER

1. Baltimore
2. Kansas City
3. Napa Valley
4. New York
5. Hartford
6. Brooklyn
7. Compton
8. Montreal
9. Boston (RL runner up)
10. Atlanta (CL runner up)
11. Valdosta (CL winner)
12. Colorado (champ)
Old 02-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #25
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I did not realize this until now, but the expansion of the minors by one level, gave the game the idea that it needed to expand our draft. The draft pool ran out after 17 rounds (actually stopping 8 picks into the 17th round) but I've fixed it back to 5, so this won't happen again next year, but I guess that just means a few extra players for you all to cut through or whatever.

Stupid OOTP.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #26
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Bottom half of the draft this year, hopefully I can still get some good players! And boo for T. Wilson retiring, he was a great shortstop the one year that he played for me
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #27
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Round 9
Round 9, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: SP L. Espinosa
Round 9, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: 3B R. Evans
Round 9, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SP G. Fiermonte
Round 9, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: SP B. Clarke
Round 9, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: C T. Kokawa
Round 9, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP J. Luna
Round 9, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: RF R. Ávila
Round 9, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: SP B. Ramos
Round 9, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: SP A. Bigot
Round 9, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: 3B J. Heesen
Round 9, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP C. Mitchell
Round 9, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: 2B M. An
Round 8
Round 8, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: 2B T. Lewis
Round 8, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: SP A. Hart
Round 8, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: CF R. Spinks
Round 8, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: SP B. Maurel
Round 8, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: SP K. Sai
Round 8, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP P. Moraine
Round 8, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: SP D. Moss
Round 8, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: SP S. von Kriegsheim
Round 8, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: C E. Negrón
Round 8, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: CL P. García
Round 8, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: C P. Silver
Round 8, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: SP R. Bell
Round 7
Round 7, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: SP J. Contreras
Round 7, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: 3B V. Martínez
Round 7, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SP A. Peterson
Round 7, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: SS J. Horwood
Round 7, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: 3B A. Romero
Round 7, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 2B L. Cooper
Round 7, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: SP J. Lacrosse
Round 7, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: SP J. Ortíz
Round 7, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: SP M. Cintrón
Round 7, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR L. Romano
Round 7, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP V. Hernández
Round 7, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: CF E. Fuentes
Round 6
Round 6, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: SP J. Cooper
Round 6, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: SP T. Erickson
Round 6, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: 3B J. García
Round 6, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: MR A. Ríos
Round 6, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: SP C. Bowles
Round 6, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP C. Domínguez
Round 6, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: SP M. Reed
Round 6, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: CF J. Amanry
Round 6, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: CF S. Rivas
Round 6, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: SS T. Mullen
Round 6, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP E. Evans
Round 6, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: C F. Lucero
Round 5
Round 5, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: SP K. Wilson
Round 5, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: RF J. García
Round 5, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SP C. Albusel
Round 5, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: 2B B. Baker
Round 5, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: C A. Berrios
Round 5, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: LF A. Clark
Round 5, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: SP Y. Okamoto
Round 5, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: SP G. Serrano
Round 5, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: SP G. Sanders
Round 5, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: RF G. Brieve
Round 5, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP J. Bower
Round 5, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: 1B R. Ruíz
Round 4
Round 4, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: 2B K. Dowell
Round 4, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: SP B. Magee
Round 4, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: LF A. Carrillo
Round 4, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: C L. León
Round 4, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: SP A. Rodgers
Round 4, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: CL W. Young
Round 4, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: SP M. Bryant
Round 4, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: CF A. Castillo
Round 4, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: C A. Cantú
Round 4, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: RF T. Pérez
Round 4, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: SS G. Nicoli
Round 4, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: MR J. Montoya
Round 3
Round 3, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: 2B H. Challis
Round 3, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: 2B J. Powers
Round 3, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SP C. González
Round 3, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: RF J. Costa
Round 3, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: C C. Hawkins
Round 3, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 3B J. Gonzáles
Round 3, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: RF R. Romo
Round 3, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: SP D. Legrand
Round 3, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: SP M. Zhŕo
Round 3, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: SS V. García
Round 3, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: MR A. Snow
Round 3, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: RF C. King
Round 2
Round 2, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: CF D. Vargas
Round 2, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: 3B C. Medina
Round 2, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: LF C. Martin
Round 2, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: C J. Vega
Round 2, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: RF O. Marrero
Round 2, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: MR J. Morrison
Round 2, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: LF A. Reyes
Round 2, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: SP S. Alonzo
Round 2, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: 3B J. Galland
Round 2, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR C. Brazier
Round 2, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: 2B J. Huerta
Round 2, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: MR Y. Yamamoto
Round 1
Round 1, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: 2B C. Jeoffrey
Round 1, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: C T. de Regt
Round 1, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: LF W. Lipton
Round 1, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: RF J. Meléndez
Round 1, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: RF A. Dumas
Round 1, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SS H. Cruz
Round 1, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: C L. Guzmán
Round 1, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: 1B H. Espinoza
Round 1, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: 2B R. Parker
Round 1, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: SP A. Sánchez
Round 1, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: 2B M. Hernández
Round 1, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: CL D. Baker
Old 02-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #28
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Round 17
Round 17, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: SP J. Weaver
Round 17, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: SP A. Gonzáles
Round 17, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SP J. Archer
Round 17, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: SP H. Khoo
Round 17, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: SP I. Brinson
Round 17, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP A. Márquez
Round 17, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: MR H. Shiu
Round 17, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: MR K. Joseph
Round 16
Round 16, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: SP J. Bruno
Round 16, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: SP M. Ross
Round 16, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: MR S. Lefevre
Round 16, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: SP B. Carver
Round 16, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: MR L. Torres
Round 16, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP D. McCarthy
Round 16, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: MR A. Morales
Round 16, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: SP R. Ricks
Round 16, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: SP L. Bryant
Round 16, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR T. Dyce
Round 16, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP T. Sánchez
Round 16, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: SP T. Weston
Round 15
Round 15, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: MR Y. Ouyang
Round 15, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: CL E. van Beyeren
Round 15, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: MR C. Ulrich
Round 15, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: MR J. Ortíz
Round 15, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: MR J. Matthews
Round 15, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: MR E. Hall
Round 15, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: SP F. González
Round 15, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: MR B. O'Faelan
Round 15, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: MR M. Pugh
Round 15, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: SP A. García
Round 15, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: SP F. Shaffer
Round 15, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: SP N. Grant
Round 14
Round 14, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: SS J. Thomas
Round 14, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: SS J. Vargas
Round 14, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SS E. Ramírez
Round 14, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: 3B D. Martin
Round 14, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: CL M. Cruz
Round 14, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: MR R. Varner
Round 14, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: CL T. McBrayer
Round 14, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: C P. Díaz
Round 14, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: 3B J. Villalobos
Round 14, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: 3B G. Cornelis
Round 14, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: 2B M. Martin
Round 14, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: MR J. Liston
Round 13
Round 13, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: SS J. Dubois
Round 13, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: CF C. Hill
Round 13, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: MR D. Silva
Round 13, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: MR D. Elliott
Round 13, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: LF G. Russell
Round 13, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: LF K. Yi
Round 13, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: 2B R. Alvarado
Round 13, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: MR L. Oolbekkink
Round 13, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: MR B. Bourgeois
Round 13, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: C A. Carrillo
Round 13, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: MR K. Berard
Round 13, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: 2B P. Thomas
Round 12
Round 12, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: SS S. Reyes
Round 12, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: MR H. Larson
Round 12, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: RF H. Porter
Round 12, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: SS R. Durango
Round 12, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: MR G. Paquin
Round 12, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: MR J. Lamy
Round 12, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: 2B C. Green
Round 12, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: SS L. Pastor
Round 12, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: 2B R. Wilson
Round 12, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: MR R. Thibault
Round 12, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: C W. Cartwright
Round 12, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: MR E. Morris
Round 11
Round 11, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: CF B. Barrett
Round 11, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: RF L. Serrano
Round 11, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: SP J. Rodríguez
Round 11, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: SP G. Brown
Round 11, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: LF R. Villarreal
Round 11, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: 2B D. Rosa
Round 11, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: SS R. González
Round 11, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: MR J. Gonzáles
Round 11, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: 3B G. Hancock
Round 11, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: SS S. Merlin
Round 11, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: MR K. Boucher
Round 11, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: SS F. Chapa
Round 10
Round 10, Pick 1 - Baltimore Gothams: SS S. Tanaka
Round 10, Pick 2 - Kansas City Beagles: SP F. Velásquez
Round 10, Pick 3 - Napa Valley Winemakers: 3B J. Fernández
Round 10, Pick 4 - New York Heroes: 2B E. Cools
Round 10, Pick 5 - Hartford Harpooners: SP E. Cardenas
Round 10, Pick 6 - Brooklyn Brownstones: SP Á. Velasco
Round 10, Pick 7 - Compton Brothers: SP T. Burleson
Round 10, Pick 8 - Montreal Majestics: 2B I. Noda
Round 10, Pick 9 - Boston Settlers: 3B E. Cabrera
Round 10, Pick 10 - Atlanta Firecrackers: SP S. Semple
Round 10, Pick 11 - Valdosta Peanuts: CF B. Perkins
Round 10, Pick 12 - Colorado Rancheros: SP E. Davis
Old 02-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #29
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

It's probably a good thing that the draft went extra rounds for me. I have very few players on my A and AA teams atm.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #30
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Tuesday, November 8th, 2005
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent LF J. Leal to a minor league contract.
Montreal Majestics: SP R. Olson received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $3,257,600.
Montreal Majestics: 2B R. Rivera received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $3,576,700.
Montreal Majestics: SP J. Negrón received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,959,600.
Montreal Majestics: MR A. Núńez received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,950,975.
Montreal Majestics: LF G. Wilson received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $6,042,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: SP M. MacDonald received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $3,294,750.
Atlanta Firecrackers: SP R. Martínez received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $543,600.
Atlanta Firecrackers: SP C. González received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,170,240.
Atlanta Firecrackers: MR N. Yamada received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,287,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: MR J. Beltrán received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,930,275.
Atlanta Firecrackers: 1B L. Cunningham received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $3,508,800.
Atlanta Firecrackers: LF P. Hebert received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $726,000.
Brooklyn Brownstones: RF D. Knight received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $2,740,400.
Brooklyn Brownstones: 1B R. Campbell received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $3,810,450.
Brooklyn Brownstones: 2B J. Alexander received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $3,298,050.
Brooklyn Brownstones: SP E. O'Moriartie received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $410,400.
Brooklyn Brownstones: SP W. Judson received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $406,800.
Baltimore Gothams: MR K. Goto received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,369,650.
Baltimore Gothams: SP P. Goldsmith received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $2,014,200.
Baltimore Gothams: MR T. Childress received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,341,000.
Baltimore Gothams: LF P. González received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $615,600.
Baltimore Gothams: SS C. Duncan received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $469,800.
Baltimore Gothams: SS C. Park received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $450,225.
Baltimore Gothams: RF H. Nishikawa received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $3,737,600.
Baltimore Gothams: MR W. Harris received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,923,375.
Napa Valley Winemakers: MR W. Mason received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $358,800.
Napa Valley Winemakers: SP R. van der Ban received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $2,611,650.
Valdosta Peanuts: SP C. Yu received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $3,387,900.
Valdosta Peanuts: C R. Beard received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $685,800.
Valdosta Peanuts: C M. Shannon received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $3,822,400.
Valdosta Peanuts: CL R. Daly received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $920,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: 2B S. Yi received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $450,225.
Colorado Rancheros: SS S. Guerrero received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $455,400.
Colorado Rancheros: MR E. Ford received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,606,000.
Colorado Rancheros: 1B S. Valcour received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,654,000.
Colorado Rancheros: MR R. Rosas received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,587,000.
Kansas City Beagles: SP R. Davis received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,904,400.
Kansas City Beagles: MR L. Clermont received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $258,060.
Kansas City Beagles: MR A. Morín received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $163,800.
Kansas City Beagles: 1B M. Ángel received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $480,600.
Kansas City Beagles: 3B J. Valadez received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $455,400.
Kansas City Beagles: 2B H. Wood received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $450,225.
Kansas City Beagles: SP E. Eacott received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,740,525.
New York Heroes: CL C. Murdoch received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $2,948,400.
New York Heroes: SP H. Medina received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,913,025.
New York Heroes: SP G. Hart received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $2,858,325.
New York Heroes: MR B. Jackson received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,404,150.
New York Heroes: 2B D. Linfoot received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $455,400.
New York Heroes: RF E. Buchanan received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $3,257,600.
New York Heroes: LF F. Maldonado received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $2,740,000.
New York Heroes: 3B G. Castillo received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $3,294,500.
New York Heroes: RF A. Morgan received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $835,200.
Boston Settlers: MR J. Moreno received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,245,600.
Boston Settlers: 1B C. Hancock received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $3,459,200.
Boston Settlers: SP B. Brooks received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $389,850.
Hartford Harpooners: SP H. García received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $389,850.
Hartford Harpooners: MR C. Lindsey received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $753,825.
Hartford Harpooners: SP R. Jaramillo received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $396,750.
Compton Brothers: 3B B. Potts received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $793,500.
Compton Brothers: C B. Daugherty received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $469,800.
Compton Brothers: MR E. Williams received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $608,925.
Compton Brothers: SS H. Anderson received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $455,400.
Compton Brothers: CF J. Robinson received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,777,600.
Compton Brothers: MR T. Davis received a 1-year contract through arbitration worth a total of $1,333,800.
Monday, November 7th, 2005
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent SP H. Wyatt to a minor league contract.
Montreal Majestics: Signed free agent 3B K. Edwards to a 1-year contract worth a total of $432,500.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent MR D. Holt to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,840,000.
Sunday, November 6th, 2005
Montreal Majestics: Signed free agent CL C. Pollock to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,822,500.
Saturday, November 5th, 2005
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent LF G. Phipps to a 4-year contract worth a total of $21,762,500.
Wednesday, November 2nd, 2005
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed free agent CF P. Jesso to a 1-year contract worth a total of $325,000.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #31
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I looked closely and no team released anyone after the draft.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #32
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Packing the file now.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #33
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

When you folks are downloading, have the graphics been updating too?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #34
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Error: Could not get file information!? What do I do?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #35
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If you are not getting images or don't have an updated set of them, download this zip file and extract the contents of the file to this folder:

C:\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\saved_games\FOOL.lg\news\html\images\

They should update with the regular download (I don't in every file, but only at times when we need to) using the in-game upload tool, but...I wanted to make sure you're all getting the full FOOL experience.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-02-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #36
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckinbranco View Post
Error: Could not get file information!? What do I do?

Wait until I say the file is up. We're at 46% and the file is 51.26 MB.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-02-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #37
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Guess I'm a little too excited, doh.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #38
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is up.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #39
Tasan
College Starter

I formally object to not getting to pick up a scrub in round 17. I mean, honestly.

;- )
Old 02-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #40
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I formally object to not getting to pick up a scrub in round 17. I mean, honestly.

;- )

I'm just happy it happened only to playoff teams. It'd have been annoying had it been any other scenario.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #41
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, I drafted the best starting pitcher, the best relief pitcher and signed the best available free agent. What were you guys all smoking?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 AM   #42
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Drafted my #4 choice (My #1 choice went one pick before me, to Atlanta of all teams bleh). #6 , #10 and #12.

Its funny that perhaps the thinnest draft pool since I've been back coaching is the one that goes 17 rounds. Guess I'll be cutting alot of players today

Old 02-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #43
muns
Pro Starter

alright i did a quick export before practice.. Would have LOVED more time with the file.... I wouldnt have been able to do one after as i have to go back to work after, however i do have a question.

So basically everyone is green and blue now for ratings? That normal or did we get a good batch of players in a draft or something. Just trying to get a feel for the norm before I go on a spending spree and such..
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #44
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
alright i did a quick export before practice.. Would have LOVED more time with the file.... I wouldnt have been able to do one after as i have to go back to work after, however i do have a question.

So basically everyone is green and blue now for ratings? That normal or did we get a good batch of players in a draft or something. Just trying to get a feel for the norm before I go on a spending spree and such..

No, ratings are pretty much crazier now then ever before. Pretty much any allstar is going to be blue in -everything- in most cases. There will be some players with all blues that don't play up to being good enough to even make the majors. There will be some guys that are not all blue (some green), who can contribute or possibly star as well. The main question now isn't if they are blue, it is how blue.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #45
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Time for another evening of exciting and riveting fake baseball action.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #46
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Exports from all 12 human teams.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #47
Tasan
College Starter

Yay fake baseball!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #48
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Monday, November 21st, 2005
Kansas City Beagles: Signed free agent 2B S. Moreno to a 2-year contract worth a total of $1,245,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent SP E. Allen to a minor league contract.
Boston Settlers: Signed free agent CF A. Aguilar to a minor league contract.
Sunday, November 20th, 2005
Colorado Rancheros: Signed free agent SP M. Greenhill to a 1-year contract worth a total of $227,500.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CF C. Acosta to a minor league contract.
Saturday, November 19th, 2005
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent C M. Huang to a 1-year contract worth a total of $400,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent CF K. Makino to a 1-year contract worth a total of $507,500.
Friday, November 18th, 2005
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent 2B J. Lian to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent C M. Smith to a 1-year contract worth a total of $485,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed free agent C E. Anderson to a minor league contract.
Thursday, November 17th, 2005
Brooklyn Brownstones: Signed free agent RF F. Oliveira to a 4-year contract worth a total of $26,260,000.
Wednesday, November 16th, 2005
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed LF J. Rager to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 3B R. Blennerhassett to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed free agent 1B D. Voigt to a 1-year contract worth a total of $240,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed SS T. Kelley to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed MR J. Stevens to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $930,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 1B M. Robles to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed SP P. Grant to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed SP T. O'Brien to a 5-year contract extension worth a total of $20,500,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 2B P. Smith to a minor league contract extension.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SP S. Cox to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,430,000.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed SS B. Hetfield to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed 1B J. Encarnación to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed 2B L. Sparks to a minor league contract extension.
Boston Settlers: Signed 3B R. Richardson to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed RF F. Aguilera to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $23,822,500.
New York Heroes: Signed SP G. Downey to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $19,000,000.
Valdosta Peanuts: Signed SS B. Moore to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $725,000.
Tuesday, November 15th, 2005
Colorado Rancheros: Signed RF J. Boutilier to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed RF M. Teague to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed LF J. Horton to a minor league contract extension.
Monday, November 14th, 2005
New York Heroes: Signed SP D. Lyons to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $800,000.
Sunday, November 13th, 2005
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed RF A. Rosa to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed LF C. Lewis to a minor league contract extension.
Boston Settlers: Signed 3B T. McFarland to a minor league contract extension.
Saturday, November 12th, 2005
Boston Settlers: Signed C P. Gilmore to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed RF S. Cain to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed SS A. Grant to a minor league contract extension.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #49
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Exports from all 12 human teams.

That is amazing to see.

We may need to think about expansion.

Ok I kid!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #50
Young Drachma