Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #51
Big Six
High School Varsity

Friday, 2 September 2011

Today, Peterhead's three international players participated in matches with their national sides.

In Belfast, Kevin Lavery's Northern Ireland U21 side lost 2-1 to Albania in an European U21 Championships Group 10 qualifier.

Dmitrijs Gorkss and his Latvia U21 teammates tied Armenia 1-1 in Yerevan. They're playing in Group 6 of the European U21 tournament.

And, before a capacity crowd of 5,000 Faroese, Magni Poulsen made his debut with his national team. They lost 4-0 to Italy, but at age 19, Magni has a thrill he'll never forget. The Faroese are playing in Group C of the European Championships.

Their next matches are on 6 September.

Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #52
Big Six
High School Varsity

Saturday, 3 September 2011

The Peterhead Football Express

Poulsen in dreamland

In an interview with The Peterhead Football Express, Magni Poulsen has revealed his delight in winning his first cap for Faroe Islands.

The striker commented that it had been a great few weeks for him, firstly signing with Peterhead and now being handed his Faroe Islands debut by manager Michael Rogers.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #53
Big Six
High School Varsity

Tuesday, 6 September 2011

The awards keep rolling in for central midfielder Iain Love.

Today Iain was named to the Third Division Team of the Week first eleven, his second of the season.

We'll also be keeping an eye out for results from international play, with Dmitrijs Gorkss, Kevin Lavery, and Magni Poulsen all scheduled to take to the pitch this afternoon.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #54
Big Six
High School Varsity

Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Yesterday, Dmitrijs Gorkss got to return home to Riga, Latvia, for a U21 match between Latvia and Belgium. Dmitrijs played well in Latvia's 2-1 victory.

Kevin Lavery wasn't so lucky. While his Northern Ireland side defeated Germany, 1-0, Kevin tore a calf muscle. It appears he'll be out of action for about three months.

For Magni Poulsen, the dream continues. He and his Faroe Islanders traveled to Belgrade to play Serbia, in front of a crowd of nearly 35,000 fans--an aggregation that was over two-thirds the size of the population of Magni's home country.

At four minutes, Magni took a pass from Jonstein Hentze in the box and fired a hard shot past Serbian goalkeeper Branislav Labus into the top left corner of the goal.

The game ended in a 2-2 draw, somewhat spoiling Magni's storybook ending. Hopefully his goal will be the first of many I'll report here.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #55
Big Six
High School Varsity

Thanks in part to Izulde's question a few days back about Magni Poulsen's positioning, I started experimenting with the Tactics screen. I realized something I'm sure many of you who are longtime FM players already know: that it is possible to alter your team's formation from its "standard" alignment by dragging a player to a slightly different spot on the field.

I discovered this entirely by accident while trying to shift one of my players from striker to midfielder. When I tried moving Poulsen up the pitch a little bit, the annoying red dot that indicated his Ineffectual status at winger changed to green, because he's now being used as an attacking midfielder.

For Peterhead's match against Elgin City, I'm going to try using Poulsen and Giancarlo Salas as attacking midfielders, with Jim Fulton and Joe Moore as strikers. If it doesn't work, I can always try something different next time.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #56
Big Six
High School Varsity

Saturday, 10 September 2011

The Peterhead Football Express

Peterhead demolish Elgin City in Third Division encounter
Peterhead 6-2 Elgin City (Third Division)

A close-fought game at Balmoor Stadium ended in a one-sided result as Peterhead defeated Elgin City 6 - 2. The highlight of the game was undoubtedly a superb hat-trick from Peterhead's Joe Moore.

Young winger Calum Campbell got Elgin City off to a flyer by scoring an incisive finish on 6 minutes. Moore equalised for Peterhead in the 16th minute with an incisive finish.

Moore then added his 2nd goal of the game with an incisive finish on 25 minutes. His third score came on a deftly executed finish on 27 minutes.

The Blue Toon's Giancarlo Salas then added to the lead with a placed shot on 44 minutes. Jim Fulton had no trouble in scoring from the spot when Elgin City's Josh Kerr conceded a penalty on 53'.

Campbell managed to pull one back for Elgin City after 55 minutes with a close range finish which was timed impeccably, but it was to be nothing more than a consolation.

Midfielder Iain Love completed the rout with a shot from eighteen yards out on 68 minutes.

Peterhead have climbed above Queen's Park and Annan Athletic to 3rd in the Scottish Third Division.

Man of the Match: Joe Moore (Peterhead)
Attendance: 575

GK: Sloan
D: Paton, McKenzie, Parker, Bowman
CM: Gillespie, Love
AM: Salas, Poulsen
ST: Fulton, Moore

Needless to say, the tweaks I made to our basic 4-4-2 formation worked wonders today. Not only did we put six balls into their net, we played the kind of exciting, dynamic football our supporters like to see.

Our tempo was high and our passing was crisp and accurate--81% completed, 87% in our attack zone. Five of our goals were assisted; Love, Salas, and Fulton had one assist each, and Magni Poulsen had two before we replaced him at 56 minutes. Magni was worn out from playing two games for Faroe Islands this week.

Fulton's match rating was 9.6, easily the highest I've seen. Salas came in at 9.1, Love at 8.5, and Poulsen at 8.4.

It was great to see Keir Gillespie back on the pitch, his suspension completed.

Hopefully there will be more days like this in the months to come.

Last edited by Big Six : 03-23-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #57
Big Six
High School Varsity

Saturday, 10 September 2011

Supporter spokesperson Tony Donaldson feels the fans are delighted with Peterhead's convincing victory over Elgin City.

Tony believes the fans were pleased with the entertaining football on display.

Ross Sloan, Iain Love, and Jim Fulton particularly impressed. (I'm

I'm glad to see Sloan get some love. Everybody, from the board to my backroom staff, keeps telling me to demote Ross, but I haven't listened.

Ross Allison is considered a Peterhead football Legend. Ross is now a player/assistant manager for Fomartine Utd in the Highland League. He spoke to the Express today and had nothing but wonderful things to say about Joe Moore. Whenever Ross says anything about our club, his many fans pay attention, so it's great to hear him praise Moore so sincerely.

Ross is 36 now, but he might still have some decent football left in him. I think I'll have one of our scouts check him out, and see if he could help us on defence...
Old 03-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #58
Big Six
High School Varsity

Monday, 12 September 2011

The Third Division Team of the Week was announced today, and almost half the first eleven are Blue Tooners!

Ross Sloan, Magni Poulsen, Iain Love, Giancarlo Salas, and Joe Moore were all recognised for their outstanding play.

Joe's four goals are tied for the lead in league play, and his average rating of 7.64 is best in the league. Iain ranks fifth at 7.45.