Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #701
Flasch186
Coordinator

wow, how can you watch that live, i mean where?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #702
Dutch
"Dutch"

That was a pretty badass fight.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #703
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

you can watch it online at bellator.com . Apparently, the rumor is that season 2 will air on ESPN or ESPN2
Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 AM   #704
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
wow, how can you watch that live, i mean where?

So far nowhere. The fights have been on Friday nights, with the tape shown the next day on ESPN Deportes in spanish. On Wednesday that week, you can go online to the website, and watch the english language tape. They have another show this weekend. One thing with the tape is that there is hardly ever a bad fight, unless one of the advertised fights is a stinker. There has been some really entertaining fighting thought, thats for sure.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #705
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 99 was a solid card. No spoilers but there was only one really bad match and the last two were fun as hell.

That said here is a spoiler of sorts:

Spoiler
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:25 AM   #706
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Boxer Ray Mercer KO'd Tim Syliva in 10 seconds in an MMA fight tonight. So fucking sad.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #707
Calis
College Starter

I've been on an internet/TV/Phone blackout all day because I wasn't going to be watching this card until tonight. I managed to not get anything spoiled.

I really liked the card. Pretty good fights all around apart from the Fisher/Uno debacle. I was really surprised that the Kongo/Cain fight went the distance, and how badly Kongo was hurting him on the feet. Obviously Cain still has some work to do before he's clear top tier. I'm not entirely impressed with him. Sure Kongo turtled and could do nothing but I think Cain didn't look nearly as dominant as everyone expected on the ground.

I really hated Franklin beating Wanderlei. I'm a big fan of both guys, but Wanderlei much moreso, and I thought going in a loss hurt his career an awful lot more than it would Rich. Rich is a goldenboy for UFC, and I'm not even sure Wand is a draw for them. It was a great fight though. Really back and forth with both guys getting hurt. Rich definitely controlled the fight more from the outside but I thought Wand came closer to finishing it. It's a hard one to score, and I actually thought Wand could have won the 2nd and 3rd round. Not a horrible decision by any means, but I think it was much closer than the unanimous decision makes it look.

How many times did Rogan mention a 195 pound weightclass tonight? Is he alluding to something or just talking out of his ass? Dana has always been vehement that they wouldn't add any, but I'd personally love to see a couple more. I think 195 makes sense, and a Super Heavyweight class makes, maybe 235 or so.

As for Cro Cop lying to Dana and signing elsewhere, I can't help but laugh. It's nice to finally see him be on the losing end of one of those deals. It's pretty hard to feel sorry for him. They're not missing out though. I don't think Cro Cop has anything left. He can get a few more gimmes in Dream, but he's lost against any top tier guy. Alistair was dominating him completely in their fight.

Can't wait for 100. I'm really pumped for GSP/Alves. I hope Alves can make a good showing.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #708
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
He can get a few more gimmes in Dream, but he's lost against any top tier guy. Alistair was dominating him completely in their fight.

While I agree that Cro Cop is nearly finished at this point in his career, I'm not sure how bad he looked against Alistair can be used against him. Throw Alistair in the UFC heavyweight division right now and I think he is close to the top. I surely don't think there is anyone in there that you would say would be a lock to beat him and I could easily see Alistair being a future champion in the UFC.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #709
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
While I agree that Cro Cop is nearly finished at this point in his career, I'm not sure how bad he looked against Alistair can be used against him. Throw Alistair in the UFC heavyweight division right now and I think he is close to the top. I surely don't think there is anyone in there that you would say would be a lock to beat him and I could easily see Alistair being a future champion in the UFC.

Honestly, I don't think Overeem is going to beat Brett Rogers. Granted, I am a Rogers fanboy, but he is on a roll and has insane KO power. I can see him beating Overeem and by next year he'll be in UFC.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #710
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Honestly, I don't think Overeem is going to beat Brett Rogers. Granted, I am a Rogers fanboy, but he is on a roll and has insane KO power. I can see him beating Overeem and by next year he'll be in UFC.

Alistair has been stopped before so it is very possible. I think the same can be said of Rogers that can be said of Overeem. He could drop himself into the UFC right now and no one in the heavyweight division would be an overwhelming favorite to beat him.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #711
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Boxer Ray Mercer KO'd Tim Syliva in 10 seconds in an MMA fight tonight. So fucking sad.

This has to be a career ender
(if fighting in Birmingham, AL against a 48 year old man whose only previous MMA experience was losing by submission to Kimbo wasn't an indication that Sylvia's career was over already)

Note: This was an MMA contest, having failed to get approval for a boxing match. Notice how relatively quickly Mercer crawled over looking to finish Sylvia off, kind of impressive in a way since that seems counter-intuitive for a career boxer.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-14-2009 at 03:49 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #712
Flasch186
Coordinator

Last night was an amazing run of fights.

While the 2 Finales were ho hum the 3 added to the card were ridiculous:

Diaz v Stevenson saw countless sub attempts reversed

Lytle's fight saw him fight back from LaLa land

Sanchez v Guida was just a ridiculous war.

UFC handed all 3 fight's "Fight of the Night" honors and they deserved.

BTW Joe Rogan was at his best last night, as well sans the comedy special that came on afterward.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 06-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #713
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Sanchez vs Guida also featured the best staredown ever. Amazing.

Dola, a potential TUF 10 Spoiler regarding Kimbo.

Spoiler
Old 06-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #714
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Last night was an amazing run of fights.

While the 2 Finales were ho hum the 3 added to the card were ridiculous:

Diaz v Stevenson saw countless sub attempts reversed

Lytle's fight saw him fight back from LaLa land

Sanchez v Guida was just a ridiculous war.

UFC handed all 3 fight's "Fight of the Night" honors and they deserved.

BTW Joe Rogan was at his best last night, as well sans the comedy special that came on afterward.

I thought the Lightweight fight was pretty tame, but the Welterweight finale was awesome
Spoiler
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:18 AM   #715
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Stevenson vs. Diaz and Pearson vs. Winner were just okay but I didn't think either were great. Biggest problem with both of these fights (IIRC) was poor officiating. Rant to follow below regarding this.

But first, the other three fights were great. God bless Chris Lytle, as he always brings it. Burns showed a solid chin. Diego vs. Clay was awesome as well, despite Guida having a tendency to lay on his opponents a bit too much, Diego smartened him up with the vicious elbows from the bottom.

I was extremly impressed by James Wilks. Johnson had looked good in his bouts on the show and had to be considered the favourite. Wilks striking was crisp and he rocked Johnson a few times. And when it went to the ground, Wilks was very scary, throwing sub after sub at Johnson before finally taping him with a well executed RNC, especially keeping in mind that Johnson trains with Jeremy Horn.

Now for the rant. Referees need to be quicker standing guys up who are not attempting to improve their position, unless they are posturing up and raining down consistently on the other guy. Same goes for tie-ups against the cage. Let the guy work the single and when he fails, get them separated and get them off. I found the same thing happened at UFC 99, with the prime example being Uno vs. Fisher at UFC.

Maybe I was spoiled with Big John's work at Lawler vs. Shields, but the gap between him and any officials doing UFC bouts is worlds apart. Every fight at the Strikeforce event had a great flow to it because McCarthy understood the timing and pacing of the fight. The lone exception was Whitehead/Randleman, but that suffered because Whitehead couldn't do anything from side control. And I agree with McCarthy in not standing them up when a guy is in side control.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #716
AlexB
Pro Starter

I agree there seem to be more down periods/stalemates recently, but I wouldn't necessarily compare Uno/Fisher with Pearson/Winner.

The TUF fighters were really just grappling, not much more, but Uno and Fisher were constantly trying new things, it's just that each was able to cancel the other out.

I found it interesting (not exciting, but interesting) to see how they kept switching tactic and attacking from another angle, only for that to get countered, but after the first minute or two when Pearson realised he couldn't get the takedown it was a constant battle to get the other backed up against the fence and then dome dirty boxing. There was no plan B.

In the same way that Burns didn't get the point docked for the 3rd strike because it was a different technique to the first two, IMHO if the fighters do change tactic, even if it is constant countering, I'm generally happy for it to carry on.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #717
Dutch
"Dutch"

I went to Biloxi last night to watch the Lashley/Sapp fight. The fight itself was horrible (thanks to the 330lb Sapp not throwing a single punch and tapping out for no good reason) but I'm still intrigued by the upturn of Lashley as he moves closer to a possible bout in the UFC. I think he's got a lot to learn, but I also think, as a heavyweight, he can move into the UFC to take on some of those guys. Not ready for Lesnar yet though.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #718
PilotMan
Head Coach

Sapp's a freak show, and a terrible MMA fighter.

Like Steam?

Old 06-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #719
Calis
College Starter

Yeah Sapp is a joke, his career was made of being a giant being some sort of icon in Japan. He's never shown any skills, cardio, or heart. Not sure you can take much from Lashley beating him.

Man I saw video on the Yvel/Rizzo fight from that card and itwas one of the more brutal knockouts I've seen in a while. Seems like the ref was a little slow on the stoppage as well, Rizzo took some horrible shots there.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #720
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Sapp's a freak show, and a terrible MMA fighter.

Agreed, he is basically Kimbo in a bigger frame, still these are the types of fights Lashley needs to learn, though I would like to see him up the level of competition substantially next time out. I think he will be ready to enter UFC after another 2 fights.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #721
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
(thanks to the 330lb Sapp not throwing a single punch and tapping out for no good reason)

FWIW, Sapp afterwards said he was poked in the eye (or something) and couldn't see which is why he tapped.

That said, I agree that he fairly well sucks as an MMA fighter at this point.

And with that said, he's without a doubt the single most frightening human being I've ever come in contact with. Saw him up close & personal at an indy wrestling show years ago and he was simply scary to be within arms reach of. Seemed like a nice guy actually but he's just so imposing.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #722
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone watching UFC 100 tomorrow?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #723
PilotMan
Head Coach

Absolutely. Can't wait.

Like Steam?

Old 07-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #724
MrDNA
High School Varsity

Looking forward to it very much; hopefully it can live up to the hype.
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:02 AM   #725
DeToxRox
Head Coach

How about Cro Cop back already? I hope he gets his fucking block knocked off.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #726
Calis
College Starter

Against Dos Santos that's a very real possibility.

Will definitelybe watching tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #727
PilotMan
Head Coach

Cro Cop didn't look that great imo in his last fight. He looked old, and slow. I am sure he can still kick, his legs are enormous, but I agree. Hopefully he can get his ass kicked in again.

Like Steam?

Old 07-11-2009, 05:49 AM   #728
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

will be rooting for Hendo, Alves , and I'm torn on the Lesnar/Mir rematch.

another fight im looking forward to is Paulo Thiago vs Jon Fitch, damn there is some great fights on the card!

even Stephan Bonnar Mark Coleman could turn into something!
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:52 AM   #729
Flasch186
Coordinator

Cro Cop is fighting?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 07-11-2009, 06:26 AM   #730
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Cro Cop is fighting?

No, but after his quick exit, and verbal beatdown from White, its amazing that they are patching things up. White is trying to get a Cro Cop-Dos Santos fight scheduled probably for 103 I am guessing.

Like Steam?

Old 07-11-2009, 06:29 AM   #731
PilotMan
Head Coach

dola

I just looked at the roster for TUF 10, and I gotta say. It could be really interesting to watch. There is some real talent and some interesting characters.

From Roy Nelson, who is the former IFL Heavyweight Champ, to Kimbo, to 6'10" Wes Sims, to former NFLer Marcus Jones. Plus a lot of young guys who could easily steal the whole show. In fact, none of the above guys will make the final, but Nelson probably has the best shot.

Like Steam?

Old 07-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #732
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
No, but after his quick exit, and verbal beatdown from White, its amazing that they are patching things up. White is trying to get a Cro Cop-Dos Santos fight scheduled probably for 103 I am guessing.
Lorenzo F made the deal with Cro Cop, flying to croatia to work out the details.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #733
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Sexyama tonight. I cannot wait.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #734
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
will be rooting for Hendo, Alves , and I'm torn on the Lesnar/Mir rematch.

another fight im looking forward to is Paulo Thiago vs Jon Fitch, damn there is some great fights on the card!

even Stephan Bonnar Mark Coleman could turn into something!

Agree, this card is loaded, Dana definitely wanted 100 to be memorable!
Old 07-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #735
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Sexyama tonight. I cannot wait.

Yeah, I am looking forward to his debut tonight as well, but for, uh different reason's. More the fighting kind.

Like Steam?

Old 07-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #736
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So UFC is at 100 tonight...and I will have you know, not once have I done a PPV for UFC or seen any of the bouts live on PPV anywhere...that has just changed....I just hit the order now button, I have the beer and I am going to be prepared for tonight!

I actually have to thank a lot of you guys for getting me into MMA more than I have ever been.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #737
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
So UFC is at 100 tonight...and I will have you know, not once have I done a PPV for UFC or seen any of the bouts live on PPV anywhere...that has just changed....I just hit the order now button, I have the beer and I am going to be prepared for tonight!

I actually have to thank a lot of you guys for getting me into MMA more than I have ever been.

Well, this was definitely the card to pop your cherry on.

I have three different groups of friends/associates that always get these so I only ever have to bring Beer. Since I am drinking more tonight than usual, I am going to the neighbors behind me, since that only entails hopping the wall between our back yards and no driving....Just as long as I can make it back over the wall after the fights.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-11-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #738
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

10 minutes till it starts, WOOOO I'm fucking amped
Old 07-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #739
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Tonight give me:

Sexyama, Thiago, Hendo, Alves, Brock

Realistically though I think it goes Sexyama, Fitch, Hendo, GSP, Brock.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #740
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I detest GSP, but christ, that dude has some serious fan support from Canada that travels to every damn fight he has.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #741
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Agree, this card is loaded, Dana definitely wanted 100 to be memorable!

+1. We were just talking about that here after I checked the prelim results.
I have to admit that it being so loaded caught my eye more after playing so much WMMA 2 lately.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #742
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The prelims look great. I love Lawlor. His entrance sounds amazing and it sounds like that fight could make it on the show.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #743
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Alright Sexyama, come through for me!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #744
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

we will see how he responds to fighting in the UFC. but I think he will dominate.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #745
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Well one thing is for sure, Sexyama has the best entrance music in UFC history.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:18 PM   #746
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

mmmm hi Holly
Old 07-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #747
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

fucking ouch
Old 07-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #748
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

crap we are in the OBX on vacation...and no where local is showing the fight....the damn rental house has us locked out from buying...PPV

Grrrrrr...

I will be much appreciated for anyone psoting results or who can link to a streaming site that doesnt not require software download..... (long story)
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #749
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

check your pms
Old 07-11-2009, 09:26 PM   #750
duff88
College Prospect

Quote:
I detest GSP, but christ, that dude has some serious fan support from Canada that travels to every damn fight he has.

How can you detest GSP?
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote