Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #2601
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
All I know is the cowboy is playing us like a fiddle.

Agreed. Its got to be a Vet.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:17 PM   #2602
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post

You'd be surprised. I've seen first timers do wonders as wolves. Tyrith, for one.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:50 PM   #2603
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

dead peeps dont give opinions. only smart-aleky remarks and smileys
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:50 PM   #2604
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

bulletsponge, care to elaborate when this may have happened?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #2605
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post

I appologize bullet. Wont happen again

:o
Old 10-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #2606
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't like how things went down yesterday with Swaggs. So...

LYNCH Swaggs

I don't think a cowboy would have given up another cowboy when they were sitting at 9:2 odds. So, I believe Lathum is on our side, but just to make sure, we need to lynch him. So...

LYNCH Lathum
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #2607
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I hate to do this, because I have every indication Lathum is a villager. But we need the space. Perhaps if Swaggs is around, he can find a way to switch the lynch (he kinda hinted he could still do something, like order a lynch, does the player have to be in jail?).

But I believe we need to clear space and put spleen and Anxiety (especially Anxiety) in jail. I am disappointed Chubby picked Lathum instead of Anxiety. I understand the Swaggs pick, given he essentially asked for it (actually, wow, that's twice now, what's up with that), but Anxiety was far more suspicious to me than Lathum.

Anyway, for the purposes of moving things forward...

Lynch Lathum

Sorry Lathum (if you're a villager as I suspect unfortunately).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #2608
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

deadline
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #2609
spleen1015
Coordinator

Guh!

No freaking lynch. Come get us Mr. Cowboy. We're right here waiting.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #2610
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The towns people seem rather unmotivated by the new death today. It takes nearly half the day before a crowd even starts to gather, and in the end there was no consensus formed on who to lynch or if a new sheriff was needed. Apathy has set in Tombstone it appears. Perhaps the villagers have already given up.

Sheriff election:

(1) Chief Rum - Lathum (2587)

Lynch votes:

(1) Swaggs - Spleen (2606)

(3) Lathum - Anxiety (2588), spleen (2606), Chief Rum (2607)

We are in night 10 now. Due to the majority of people wanting to continue through the weekend, please have night PMs in to me by 9:00am est Saturday morning
Old 10-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #2611
Swaggs
Coordinator

I don't have a clue in this game anymore.

I would have thought Chubby would vote for Lathum or me since he jailed us. Maybe he got hung up at work or something.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:15 PM   #2612
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post

This has been a very frustrating fact of life for me. Death sucks!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:06 PM   #2613
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
bulletsponge, care to elaborate when this may have happened?

last night. i was knocked out and had my gun stolen
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:32 PM   #2614
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well who could have knockrd bullet out?

I already have a gun
Swaggs was arrested-chubby, did he have a gun?
i think chubby needs to arrest anxiety and see if he has a gun. Is it possible anxiety wanted to impersonate bullet so he knocked him out and took his gun as a prop?
Old 10-20-2006, 10:42 PM   #2615
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, we definitely need input from Chubby here, as he can give us key details about his arrests last night, how they happened, etc. which may make it unlikely those jailed are cowboys.

First of all, I must say there is likely only one cowboy left. If there were two, we would not have just one kill in three nights. There wouldn't be a tired risk, as the players would alternate. This is just one cowboy.

There is a concern of a conversion, but I think it is unlikely. For one thing, that cowboy would have to have that power. Second, it will likely be immediately cleared tonight, because if there is a second cowboy now, you would reason there will be a second attack tonight, without a Tired player in the morning.

We have seven remaining players. Let's consider the possibilities:

Swaggs-- Not only have his actions been in support of the village, Glengoyne, a known villager with the ability to tell if someone is lying, said Swaggs was clear when he was in jail earlier in the game.

Chief Rum-- Like Swaggs, I have also been cleared by Glengoyne from my stay in jail. I also did the analysis that revealed hoopsguy as a cowboy (although that in and of itself does not prove I am not a cowboy).

Lathum-- He has a gun, and was arrested last night, meaning it would have been difficult for him to make a kill anyway. And why would he kill with a knife if he has a gun? He also fingered Barkeep.

bulletsponge-- Once again, he has (or had) a gun. Why would he use a knife? He also killed the first dead cowboy, st. cronin, in a showdown, a very unlikely thing to do for a cowboy.

Chubby-- He also has a gun, both for his role and his occupation. Why would he kill with a knife? Also, he fingered st. cronin, setting up the showdown with bulletsponge, and has made several seemingly pro-village moves.

IMO, all five of the above suspects are very unlikely to be cowboys. That leaves...

spleen-- he has been hiding behind his mortician role for a bit, but has he really done anything other than tell us what he learns in his PMs? His allegiance could go either way, and he insists he has no role. He once seemed unlikely, but the villagers are getting scarce, and he isn't cleared at all.

Anxiety-- Obviously, the #1 suspect. Will he be "himself" tonight as well? We need him in jail, so we need to see if he's telling the truth and makes himself available for jailing tonight.

I highly recommend we release Swaggs and arrest Anxiety. Then tomorrow night, we arrest spleen. Then we lynch them both (and Lathum, too, if we have to, but I don't think he is a cowboy).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:04 PM   #2616
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Damn, this game could go on for another two weeks
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:33 PM   #2617
Swaggs
Coordinator

If bullet's gun was stolen, we must have a pickpocket. Doesn't that almost have to mean that spleen has been lying about his sole role being the mortician?
Old 10-21-2006, 06:53 AM   #2618
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
If bullet's gun was stolen, we must have a pickpocket. Doesn't that almost have to mean that spleen has been lying about his sole role being the mortician?

There is one problem with this theory. I'm not lying. I am just the mortician.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:12 AM   #2619
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

where is alanT
Old 10-21-2006, 08:12 AM   #2620
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
where is alanT

Probably sending PMs.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:17 AM   #2621
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

chiefrum, great work. the only place i kind of disagree with you on is if anxiety is a cowboy and there are more then one cowboys left I think that makes chubby look guilty for not arresting him when anxiety clearly said to. Does anyone else not see that connection?
Old 10-21-2006, 08:19 AM   #2622
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

With no lynch occuring yesterday, some of the town head to the saloon for dinner, but many head straight home and lock themselves up inside feeling unsafe. For the first time since this boomtown started you actually see some of the villagers packing up their wagons to leave for good.

Despite the fear running through the town, most of you are able to get a good night's sleep... most except for Bulletsponge whom was found dead this morning in his bed. Unfortunatly it was not the liquor that got him this time.

Tired players:
Chief Rum

Current Sheriff:
Chubby

Currently in Jail:
Swaggs
Lathum

Deadline for Day11: 9:00pm EST Saturday night. Your current sheriff is still alive, so a new sheriff is not needed. If you wish to elect a new sheriff, please do so by posting:

elect playername

Sheriff election is not mandatory as not voting confirms your desire to keep the current sheriff. For a new sheriff to be elected, they must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople vote. (4 votes)

There are two valid players for lynch votes today: Swaggs and Lathum. If you do not post any lynch vote, it is assumed you wish to not lynch them. To lynch players please post as:

Lynch playername.

To lynch multiple players, please post:

Lynch playername
Lynch playername2

In order to lynch a player you must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople's vote. (4 votes)
Old 10-21-2006, 08:24 AM   #2623
spleen1015
Coordinator

No change in the jail situation. I can only assume that Chubby didn't send in any night actions. With no jail actions happening last night, we're another step behind.

I think we need to elect another sheriff on the off chance that Chubby is unavailable. This new sheriff should jail Anxiety.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:33 AM   #2624
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

alanT have you attempted to contact chubby?

If this is a conciensce descion for chubby I think we have to have a new sheriff elected and anxiety jailed. It seems pretty obvious someone disarmed chubby then the next night when he wasn't armed they killed him.

If chubby isn't around in a few hours I say we elect a new sheriff.

that being said I hope everything is ok with chubby
Old 10-21-2006, 08:34 AM   #2625
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- spleen can you confirm how bullet was killed?
Old 10-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #2626
spleen1015
Coordinator

He was shot once in the head and once in the body.

On his body I found denistry tools. The PM specifically states that his gun is no longer there.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #2627
spleen1015
Coordinator

Chief Rum, can you please share with the group the contents of you PM? I am hoping it will help clear me since you came to visit me last night.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:43 AM   #2628
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

damn, bullet was killed with his own gun...

unless chubby shot him
Old 10-21-2006, 09:53 AM   #2629
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I Wasn't visited at all LN by Chubbs.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:53 AM   #2630
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Folks, we likely have two wolves left since there were two night kills and no tired people.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:28 AM   #2631
Swaggs
Coordinator

Anyone want to vouch that Chief Rum visited them last night?
Old 10-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #2632
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Folks, we likely have two wolves left since there were two night kills and no tired people.

CR is tired.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:31 AM   #2633
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ok, so worst case scenario it is 4-2.

I think it may be possible chubby is a cowboy and is just laying low. If nothing changes tonight and the cowboys kill again it would be 3-2 with 2 cowboys on the lose. At that point if chubby is in control the game would be over. I think we have to elect a new sheriff today and jail either chubby or anxiety.

I am sticking with my vote from yesterday.

elect chiefrum

I am also voting for no lynch today, obviously there is a cowboy stilll running around so we need all the warm bodied villegars we can get.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:32 AM   #2634
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I believe spleen says he was visited by chiefrum last night
Old 10-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #2635
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yes, I visited spleen last night at his home in the NE (he turned me down). I was told he seemed distracted, and I definitely got the impression he was hard at work there all night. I don't believe he went anywhere before or after I left (although that's just a gut feeling based on how the PM was written). Unfortunately, you are all eunuchs. I have been amazingly unsuccessful, or I must be the least attractive prostitute in the western territories. Maybe I am Linda Hunt from Silverado (shudders).

Okay, if we bet spleen is innocent, then we must have two cowboys, as has been reasoned. Anxiety and, sadly, Chubby, are all the choices left. If so, wow, Chubby has played one hell of a game. In fact, if he can direct his kill to be by knife or gun, he might be the one cowboy by himself (as he wouldn't show up as tired as the sheriff).

Guys, if we are to do this. We must be absolute. We have to be in complete agreement, because there are four of us voting against two, and we need four votes to change sheriff.

I wouldn't have picked me to be sheriff, but since Lathum has voted and I don't know if he will check in again, I will stick with his vote.

ELECT CHIEF RUM

We must remove Chubby from office. Our new sheriff must put him in jail. I would also release Lathum. Why Lathum? He has a gun for protection.

If that happens, we have Chubby and Swaggs in jail, and everyone who is not a suspect outside has a gun except for spleen. And I will visit him again tonight (I have no restrictions on visiting the same player repeatedly), making him a very difficult kill for the remaining cowboy outside the pokey.

Not to mention, if there is a kill anyway, someone will then be tired (not that I doubt anyone but Anxiety). This is their endgame, folks. Anxiety and Chubby are trying to play off each other. Anxiety acts innocent and challenges Chubby to put him in jail, saying he would not be anyone but himself. Chubby pulls the "disappearing" act, so Anxiety can blame Chubby's inactivity and we all worry Chubby will be okay.

Guys, Chubby posted in this very forum at 8:43 p.m. PDT last night!. He was here, and didn't bother to look in here and respond? Bullshit. This is their plan, and it's a very good one.

We elect me sheriff. We release Lathum and put in Chubby. I protect spleen tonight, and if Anxiety goes after Lathum, he gets shot. Then tomorrow, we lynch Chubby, and start the nightly hunt for Anxiety (assuming Swaggs can't just bring him in and lynch him). BTW, if Swaggs, you can do that, please let us know today. I'm still very puzzled on just what situation we need for your power to work.

If everyone outside of jail has a gun, and everyone inside jail without a gun is protected, we can just try to arrest someone every night until we hit on Anxiety's disguise. He can't kill, but it may take time to catch him. Without Swaggs' power, I am not sure if there is another way to catch Anxiety, which is a shame, because this is way too powerful a night action (and without fatigue!) for a cowboy to have (for shame, AlanT).

Old 10-21-2006, 12:42 PM   #2636
spleen1015
Coordinator

ELECT Chief Rum

This sounds like a really good plan to me. Let's do it.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:11 PM   #2637
Swaggs
Coordinator

Elect Chief Rum

It is my understanding that I can force a lynch on anyone, whether jailed or not.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:39 PM   #2638
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
You'd be surprised. I've seen first timers do wonders as wolves. Tyrith, for one.

Thanks path
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:40 PM   #2639
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Me = Cassandra

Old 10-21-2006, 03:44 PM   #2640
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

chief, i agree totally with you. I would really like to understand how swaggs' ability works?

and chief, if you release me or swaggs it means you can only jail one person, I suggest chubby, he will probably be eaiser to find
Old 10-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #2641
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

A little over 2 hours left till deadline. Current vote totals:

Sheriff election: (4 votes needed)

(4) Chief Rum - Lathum (2633), Chief Rum (2635), Spleen (2636), Swaggs (2637)

Lynch votes: (4 votes needed)

(0) Swaggs -

(0) Lathum -
Old 10-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #2642
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like there's a new sheriff in town. Tomorrow morning looks to be interesting.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:08 PM   #2643
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Today's topic of discussion for the townspeople appears to have been the distrust that they had in the current sheriff. Only a few days after being heralded as the sheriff, people now discuss the possibility that he might be one of -them-.

In the end of the day, very few people spent any time looking at people to lynch, instead the townspeople speak loudly that they want a new sheriff.

Sheriff election: (4 votes needed)

(4) Chief Rum - Lathum (2633), Chief Rum (2635), Spleen (2636), Swaggs (2637)

Lynch votes: (4 votes needed)

(0) Swaggs -

(0) Lathum -

We are in Night 11. Deadline is sunday morning 9:00am EST. Please have PMs to me by then.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #2644
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry about being MIA the last 2 days, internet has been very spotty at the new house. We'll see if my comp keeps working... (grr)
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:06 PM   #2645
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I think spleen should be jailed personally.

If you're going to put me in jail then lynch me but youre only lynching another villager (not that I've been around ton last 2 days)
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:19 AM   #2646
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

After watching a new sheriff be elected, most of you head to the nearby saloon for dinner. Much of the talk surrounds the new sheriff. Perhaps the new sheriff can round up the remainder of the cowboys and set this town straight again!

After dinner, you head home and the night passes uneventfully for most of you. You wake up once again to hear noone was murdered at night. There are some new faces in the jailhouse however today.

Tired players:

Current Sheriff:
Chief Rum

Currently in Jail:
Swaggs
Chubby

Deadline for Day12: 9:00pm EST Sunday night. Your current sheriff is still alive, so a new sheriff is not needed. If you wish to elect a new sheriff, please do so by posting:

elect playername

Sheriff election is not mandatory as not voting confirms your desire to keep the current sheriff. For a new sheriff to be elected, they must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople vote. (4 votes)

There are two valid players for lynch votes today: Swaggs and Chubby. If you do not post any lynch vote, it is assumed you wish to not lynch them. To lynch players please post as:

Lynch playername.

To lynch multiple players, please post:

Lynch playername
Lynch playername2

In order to lynch a player you must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople's vote. (4 votes)
Old 10-22-2006, 09:09 AM   #2647
spleen1015
Coordinator

LYNCH Chubby

Let's put an end to the cowboy menace!
Old 10-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #2648
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In the effort of full release of information, I feel I should speak a little about the events last night.

When I went to Chubby's place in the NW last night, he wasn't home. I later found him on a bench in the NE. It seems likely he was watching someone. I believe spleen lives in the NE. So we may want to ask him about that. Chubby turned over his gun willingly and was escorted to jail without an issue.

Lathum was released, of course, so nothing else to comment on that.

I also went to visit Anxiety last night as the brothel girl, and was, of course, shot down in Tombstone, the "new" San Francisco. But the important point is that Anxiety was home and himself.

I'm not sure what any of that means, especially since no one was killed last night anyway, but I thought I should share.

I still think we should follow our plan and lynch Chubby and Swaggs could string up Anxiety tomorrow if I try to arrest him tonight and he isn't Anxiety.

Logic says we're on the right track. Still, this game is pretty messed up.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:39 AM   #2649
Swaggs
Coordinator

I would really like to hear from Chubby soon.

He is/was the Pinkerton Detective and hasn't given us any information regarding that in quite some time. I am not sold that he is the cowboy. To me, it seems like he may have just not had access while he was moving.

I am really beginning to suspect Spleen. He has been hiding behind the mortician's role the entire game, yet someone pickpocketed bullet and stole his gun. At the least, he has been lying about not having another role.

Lathum and I have been in jail and could not have pickpocketed.

Anxiety can obviously avoid being jailed by mimicing other players.

People have verified that Chief Rum has visited them as the prostitute.

Chubby and/or Spleen are lying. Chubby could have faked the Pinkerton role and sold out his st. cronin, I suppose, but I don't buy that.

Unless anyone has any good evidence, I am going to order a lynch of Spleen.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:40 AM   #2650
Swaggs
Coordinator

Chief, what do you think about Spleen?